Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/12/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Well she seems to be friends with everyone so one would think she is being exposed to different viewpoints.  I wonder if her and Clay Aiken ever talk politics.  He ran as a Democrat for office in North Carolina right?

Putting response in Meghan's thread.

Edited by Gemma Violet

Elsa's entire take on the gun debate following the Parkland shooting centred around:

• blaming the FBI for not stopping the shooter
  • blaming Obama and the Democrats who had a super majority (or something like that) and could have reinstated a ban on assault weapons (I have no idea if this is true)
  • there is going to be no movement from gun lovers because of the slippery slope, and then she compared it to the abortion discussion, which I didn't understand at all
  • everyone else just doesn't understand gun culture, like in her circle of family and friends, and in the middle of the country
  • basically, there is  no point to debate gun control because gun lovers won't give an inch in case it opens the door to further restrictions

Joy gave the very good example of Australia, and what she left out was that they had a very strong gun culture there as well.

Whoopi seemed very angry with Elsa and said outright this is not like abortion, but she was so pissed she made little sense.  What was interesting was how she wouldn't look directly at Elsa, and looked down while she tried to respond.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Tabloids engage in shady behavior?  I'm shocked.  Absolutely shocked.  Not.

I thought the idea that tabloids hold the exclusive rights to a story, in order to suppress it, was interesting.  They can decide not to run the story, but because they have exclusive rights, they make sure nobody else can run it either. 

• Love 12

Slight OT, but did anybody else watch Joy's 20/20 Special on Roseanne. It s slightly hilarious the lengths they went to in not mentioning The Talk even though they did show clips from it. I wonder if Sara Gilbert will show up in The View to promote it? 

• Love 8

As time goes on and more of these events happen I get even angrier and embarrassed that the US is known for it's gun culture, that so many are proud that there is one and that it doesn't seem like anything will ever be done about it. 

MM's take on the gun debate was just rehashed word salad that's been repeated by just about everyone on her side each time one of these events happen. That she seemed so proud when she was talking about gun culture in her circle of family and friends and the middle of the country made me want to punch her in the face.  That look she always has on her face when she starts spewing out her "talking points" reminds me of The Joker from Batman and his evil grins.

• Love 19

When Sherri guest-hosted earlier this week (or last?)  I liked her.  Then today, seeing her "orange theory" segment, I remembered the histrionics that I hated. It reminded me of a segment where she was trying on bathing suits or something.  The yelling was just too  much.  If I went to a gym and people were yelling like that, I'd never join. 

I've had enough of Sherri for a while.  They should have had Meghan do the fitness segment.  Just because she'd be uncomfortable with it, and I'm OK with that. 

• Love 16
18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Meghan is insufferable, and so condescending to Joy.  I'm surprised she didn't roll out the war on Christmas, and the plight of the white man.  She's unbearable to me.  She has insulted The View since she was hired and should be terminated for this alone.

I feel honored to have been the 25th ❤️ and thus turn this post pink, as it is AWESOME!!!  MM is utterly unbearable, ad she has insulted this show and the women on it from the day she plunked her ass down at the table.   --   I no longer watch the entire program anymore because she pisses me off so much at the beginning that I can't put myself through the torture.  Thank you for posting that video, as I didn't see it it real time.

5 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Neither crowds seemed THAT excited by her, TBH. Stephen Colbert's audience barely clapped when she walked out.

nm.  Not the line I wanted to quote.  Sorry.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Slight OT, but did anybody else watch Joy's 20/20 Special on Roseanne. It s slightly hilarious the lengths they went to in not mentioning The Talk even though they did show clips from it. I wonder if Sara Gilbert will show up in The View to promote it? 

I watched it, but Joy introduced it, then did a minute or so in the middle, then wrapped it up at the end.   Her part, total, may have been 3 minutes or so.  I used to watch Roseanne's show occasionally, but there was always something that rubbed me the wrong way, a kind of anti-intellectual sneering tone that I was facing from others in my life at that time.  

I am not fond of Roseanne at all these days, so I have no interest in the new show. 

I doubt Sara Gilbert would show up alone on The View, but they might have a group of the actors on together. I assume Roseanne will be on The View, since Joy was involved in the 20/20 show. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, bannana said:

Elsa's entire take on the gun debate following the Parkland shooting centred around:

• blaming the FBI for not stopping the shooter
  • blaming Obama and the Democrats who had a super majority (or something like that) and could have reinstated a ban on assault weapons (I have no idea if this is true)
  • there is going to be no movement from gun lovers because of the slippery slope, and then she compared it to the abortion discussion, which I didn't understand at all
  • everyone else just doesn't understand gun culture, like in her circle of family and friends, and in the middle of the country
  • basically, there is  no point to debate gun control because gun lovers won't give an inch in case it opens the door to further restrictions

Joy gave the very good example of Australia, and what she left out was that they had a very strong gun culture there as well.

Whoopi seemed very angry with Elsa and said outright this is not like abortion, but she was so pissed she made little sense.  What was interesting was how she wouldn't look directly at Elsa, and looked down while she tried to respond.

I was perplexed with her comparing abortion to guns.  What the hell! Nobody is saying to abolish the second amendment and get rid of all guns. Reasonable gun control is needed, just like free speech, guaranteed, by the first amendment, does not mean you can scream fire in a crowded movie theatre and cause a panic that could endanger lives.  Meggie cannot make a cogent argument to save her life.  Whoopie is definitely over her. It's about time, she never fawned over Elizabeth like she does over her.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

I could have predicted the comments that Meghan made about the gun control issue. "I will say....second amendment....I'm a member of the NRA...I will say...lip twitch...middle America...I will say...You are not from a hunting part of the country...lip twitch...huffiness...vocal fry.

She is so predictable, and her arguments are pathetically weak. Joy looks at her in a condescending manner, Sunny gives smart, logical replies to Meghan's claims, Whoopie is starting to pushback, and even Paula made a good case about banning automatic weapons. Poor Meghan, she is so ill equipped to be on this show.

You left out, "But the Democrats ..."

28 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Did they talk about Roseanne's Trump love?  I refused to watch it because, Roseanne.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, backformore said:

I thought the idea that tabloids hold the exclusive rights to a story, in order to suppress it, was interesting.  They can decide not to run the story, but because they have exclusive rights, they make sure nobody else can run it either. 

And that they use that information to have leverage over powerful people.  We are living in some scary times.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, backformore said:

When Sherri guest-hosted earlier this week (or last?)  I liked her.  Then today, seeing her "orange theory" segment, I remembered the histrionics that I hated. It reminded me of a segment where she was trying on bathing suits or something.  The yelling was just too  much.  If I went to a gym and people were yelling like that, I'd never join. 

I've had enough of Sherri for a while.  They should have had Meghan do the fitness segment.  Just because she'd be uncomfortable with it, and I'm OK with that.

I was wondering why MM isn't doing these segments.  I get whoopi and Joy don't want to, they probably feel they have the right not to do them , length of time on show and all that. MM is the newbie, she should do them they all have done them. I can never forget Star getting hit in the head with a football, lol.

I guess MM sees herself as to important to do silly segments. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

The gun debate. So useless. Unless the government does something, it's, unfortunately, rinse and repeat. Very sad.

I love Ronan Farrow. So nice to see him. He is doing such amazing work. 

I think Paula was going on about Jen/Brad because Whoopi almost forgot to introduce her at the beginning of the show!

You mean introduce Paula? Why should she, Paula isn't a guest host. I missed the beginning. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yeah, I didn't quite understand Meghan's views.   AR15's are not used to hunt -  you wouldn't want to eat an animal that was torn up by bullets, and they don't make good trophies either.  "gun culture" to me, just means that some people like those automatic guns because they're fun to shoot.  An AR-15 has one use, and that's to kill people.  

I hate to defend proponents of assault weapons, but apparently ranchers do use them, essentially for pest control and culling.  And some people use them for hunting game.

32 minutes ago, rcc said:

You mean introduce Paula? Why should she, Paula isn't a guest host. I missed the beginning. 

That was weird, but Whoopi apparently doesn't see Paula very often because she isn't usually hosting on Fridays.  So I think that was the point, she was welcoming her back.  But for the viewer it was odd because we expect to see her on Fridays.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yes, she was on today and I changed the channel once they started talking about Jennifer Aniston because I'm not a fan so I couldn't tell you if she used her valley girl voice.

Thankfully she didn't do that today.  I always hit mute when she does that.  But, if you watch with mute you can still hear it in your head because she uses the same mannerisms when she speaks that way.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, backformore said:

Yeah, I didn't quite understand Meghan's views.   AR15's are not used to hunt -  you wouldn't want to eat an animal that was torn up by bullets, and they don't make good trophies either.  "gun culture" to me, just means that some people like those automatic guns because they're fun to shoot.  An AR-15 has one use, and that's to kill people.  

The way she sneered at Sunny and said “with all due respect you didn’t grow up in gun country” was so nasty. I’d be curious about her family members that hunt with AR-15s because according to my family members it would render the meat basically inedible. They use rifles and shotguns but I guess every hunter is different. I’ve never heard of someone hunting with an AR-15 though. She still didn’t have to be nasty to Sunny. And comparing abortion to guns was one of the dumbest, most weak aruguments I think she’s made on the show, and that’s saying a lot. Abortion is heavily regulated; guns are not.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

The way she sneered at Sunny and said “with all due respect you didn’t grow up in gun country” was so nasty. I’d be curious about her family members that hunt with AR-15s because according to my family members it would make the deer meat practically inedible. They use rifles and shotguns but I guess every hunter is different. I’ve never heard of someone hunting with an AR-15 though. She still didn’t have to be nasty to Sunny. And comparing abortion to guns was one of the dumbest, most weak aruguments I think she’s made on the show, and that’s saying a lot. Abortion is heavily regulated; guns are not.

Yeah Meghan was using the same kind of logic Elisabeth used to use.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Thanks, @ginger90, I tried to find the article I had read, but could not, but this is the same idea. The example of feral goats in Hawaii is one I remember reading about, so they are considered pests and they use these semi-automatic rifles to cull them.

26 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

...which is a misleading piece of information that I wish someone would have pushed back on. Ted Kennedy was sick with brain cancer during the time period that she said democrats “did nothing” so they couldn’t vote. Once again, she’s putting out false information without revealing all the facts.

Thank you @Alexis2291.  I figured there had to be more to that story.

The real issue with Elsa's entire response on the school shooting is that she wants to blame the FBI, the Dems, mentally ill people, but not gun lovers.  Therefore, there should be no discussion about guns, because slippery slope and all that.

Sunny made a good point about mentally ill people being victims rather than perpetrators.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, bannana said:

Thanks, @ginger90, I tried to find the article I had read, but could not, but this is the same idea. The example of feral goats in Hawaii is one I remember reading about, so they are considered pests and they use these semi-automatic rifles to cull them.

The real issue with Elsa's entire response on the school shooting is that she wants to blame the FBI, the Dems, mentally ill people, but not gun lovers.  Therefore, there should be no discussion about guns, because slippery slope and all that.

Sunny made a good point about mentally ill people being victims rather than perpetrators.

She needs to blame the politicians who refuse to even consider stronger gun control.  She wants to criticize the democrats for not doing anything when they had the majority so why isn't she  criticizing "her people" now that they have the majority?

• Love 15
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Poor Whoopi was using all her emotional strength to not look at MM and say "Stop the F**king Megsplaining.  You know that your father has accepted more money from the NRA than any other member of congress.  Stop with your Bullsh*t you ignoratnt overprivleged waste of space!  Now shut the hell up and go sit in the corner."  MM:  "But Whoopi you just don't know about.."  WG" "Shut up and go sit"  Whoopi points an angry shaking finger at MM.

• Love 18
55 minutes ago, bannana said:

It’s feral hogs here and I do know people who have AR-15s and they use it for the same reason. You would never use one on an animal if you want any of the meat. Gah, she’s just spouting off NRA bullshit. Does she have an original thought in that brain or is it all memorized from the extreme right, conservative, Republican playbook? 

Edited by natalie wood
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, imjagain said:

I was wondering why MM isn't doing these segments.  I get whoopi and Joy don't want to, they probably feel they have the right not to do them , length of time on show and all that. MM is the newbie, she should do them they all have done them. I can never forget Star getting hit in the head with a football, lol.

I guess MM sees herself as to important to do silly segments. 

Another reason for Sara -h to come back soon!!!  She liked to do all that stuff and was a natural at it.  Miss you Girl!!!

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Kenz said:

I could have predicted the comments that Meghan made about the gun control issue. "I will say....second amendment....I'm a member of the NRA...I will say...lip twitch...middle America...I will say...You are not from a hunting part of the country...lip twitch...huffiness...vocal fry.

She is so predictable, and her arguments are pathetically weak. Joy looks at her in a condescending manner, Sunny gives smart, logical replies to Meghan's claims, Whoopie is starting to pushback, and even Paula made a good case about banning automatic weapons. Poor Meghan, she is so ill equipped to be on this show.

ITA.  I hate to say it, but when the news broke, I just groaned knowing what was to come lol

• Love 4
8 hours ago, backformore said:

Then today, seeing her "orange theory" segment, I remembered the histrionics that I hated. It reminded me of a segment where she was trying on bathing suits or something.  The yelling was just too  much.  If I went to a gym and people were yelling like that, I'd never join. 

Yeah, and SO appropriate.  Her silver plastic jacket is just the thing for a good workout.  I too have had enough of Sherri...more than enough!  Hope OrangeTheory thinks they got their money's worth for that expensive commercial.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, imjagain said:

Good to know The View books all MM friends (Ronan Farrow),  you'd think she would seem happier. 

Lol, I didn't think of that , now I really do think that is funny.

I dont know if companies still do this, but once upon a time companies would pay a nice perk if you recommended a stand up person that they hired.  Hell, if ABC has the employment benefit, daaaaaam girl is rich!  Lol

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was not happy that he was there.   She was trying to trick him into giving an answer that seemed bias against Trump.  He was very diplomatic and told her that it was not his job to change minds, but, to inform the public. She is a nasty piece of work..

Yes, you could tell she was pissed, but she couldn't cast aspersions on Farrow's integrity outright like would normally be her go-to tactic because that might also discredit the work he did on Weinstein (who she mentioned). She only cares about the political affiliation of the subject, not right or wrong.

I’m two days behind, but when the ladies were responding to Pence’s manipulative outrage over Joy’s joke on Tuesday, Whoopi looked like she was on the verge of—literally—calling bullshit on Meghan for her anti-liberal spiel and I wish she had said the word outright. I applauded Whoopi for that. I also applauded Sunny for vehemently defending her coworkers, especially in the face of McCain's attempt to smear the TV show and network that writes her paycheck.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’m two days behind, but when the ladies were responding to Pence’s manipulative outrage over Joy’s joke on Tuesday, Whoopi looked like she was on the verge of—literally—calling bullshit on Meghan for her anti-liberal spiel and I wish she had said the word outright. I applauded Whoopi for that. I also applauded Sunny for vehemently defending her coworkers, especially in the face of McCain's attempt to smear the TV show and network that writes her paycheck.

It's nice seeing Whoopi, Joy and Sunny band together.  They know the temporary interloper isn't there to stay.   Meghan definitely has an agenda to push and if her coworkers or network get in the way so be it.  Because it can't be said enough.   She really is a nasty piece of work.

• Love 18

Isn't it about time for another one of those DailyMail "behind the scenes of The View" articles to come out? I'm surprised there hasn't been one by now especially since it's apparent the other ladies are done with Elsa's antics.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yes, you could tell she was pissed, but she couldn't cast aspersions on Farrow's integrity outright like would normally be her go-to tactic because that might also discredit the work he did on Weinstein (who she mentioned). She only cares about the political affiliation of the subject, not right or wrong.

Also, she might jeopardize the friendship she declared.

7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Also, she has probably never respected the "paycheck aspect" of any employment because she doesn't need a penny.  She is wealthy whether she has a job or a husband or not.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, backformore said:

I found that really interesting as well. But then I got slightly confused because at the end of the interview I thought Ronan said something like, the company said that her contract did allow her to speak to other journalists about it, or something to that effect. So I was kind of taking that as she not talking to journalists about it, isn't so much fear of the legal contract, but maybe fear of retaliation from "others" such as people in the Trump campaign.

On a side note, I would have thought she would have had a lawyer or agent, who negotiated the contract with the company. I don't think they did a really good job on her behalf. I mean usually you see the story go out to all media outlets, and then everyone fights to get that first interview. It's so weird to think a company can own the rights to a "story." So no one else can tell it, or run with it. I think her lawyer or agent really screwed her over with that contract.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Also, she has probably never respected the "paycheck aspect" of any employment because she doesn't need a penny.  She is wealthy whether she has a job or a husband or not.

I knew her mom was an heiress but I wasn't sure how.  This is from Wikipedia about Cindy McCain:

Upon her father's death in 2000, she inherited majority control and became chair of Hensley & Co., one of the largest Anheuser-Busch beer distributors in the United States. 

In 2000, she became chair of the now $300 million-a-year Hensley & Co.

So yeah, Meghan has no idea how middle America lives even though she wants viewers to believe that.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 14
22 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm waiting for the day for a guest to say "Well I wouldn't exactly call us friends.".

I thought she said, "We've known each other for a long time." Not exactly friends, but friendly?

Also, I thought Meghan was showing disgust over the "bimbo eruptions" and was trying hard not to diss Trump outright.

It's always so weird to see Ronan Farrow. He does look, as a friend said, exactly like what you'd expect if Mia Farrow and Frank Sinatra had a baby.

• Love 7