Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Reunion Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

A Gorga/Giudici Easter celebration gets out of control; Margaret and Siggy display surprising BFF potential at a photo shoot; Danielle crosses the line in the Gorga's restaurant bathroom; Gia reveals her true feelings about her father returning home.

Edited by KungFuBunny

So what the hell happened between Margaret and Siggy having a little love fest at that photo shoot and... everything that happened afterwards? Was it Hitler-gate?

Danielle having sex with Marty at the Gorga’s party was even grosser than I imagined. It was daytime, the place was packed, and weren’t there kids there too?  Just... no. 

Agree the dance scene was cute/funny. Margaret and her husbands banter cracks me up!

• Love 8
On 1/26/2018 at 7:46 PM, zoeysmom said:

Are those marble counter tops with dye?  Idiots.

Not to mention the white tops they were wearing. 

Edited by pieinmyeye
I could have easily live the rest of my life without knowing the size of Joe Gorga’s penis.
  • Love 6

This was probably my favorite episode of the season.  Why can't they do this type of show regularly?  I enjoyed Siggy's father's birthday celebration - that cake was amazing.  Margaret was very funny and she and Siggy had a genuine conversation for once about their issues - why couldn't that have been what was shown at the reunion?  I enjoyed seeing Tre show emotion for Joe rather than her typical trashing/blaming Joe for everything.  I think Dolores's mom is adorable.  

I know people like to claim that Siggy and Dolores's relationship is too new to be genuine, but sometimes you really click with someone.  Chemistry doesn't only exist in romantic relationships.  I've had that type of instant friendship before and feeling close enough to finish each other's sentences.  And Dolores showed she's not Siggy ass kisser, which I've never understood since Dolores has busted Siggy's chops quite a few times this season.

The photo shoot with Margaret and Siggy proves they're able to get along very well when they set aside their differences.  Too bad we didn't see more of that.  But why show women enjoying each other when you can show them at each other's throats?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hire a women with cleavage showing to the borders of her nipples.  To show up in that getup is an obvious sign she's not going to take the job seriously.  I like that Melissa sees right through Joe, calls him out, and shows no signs of jealousy.  I hope some of this was for show.

Everything about Danielle annoyed me.  Her amazement that Tre and Joe aren't having conjugal visits.  But then Danielle would be giving her guy a hand job under the table, or a strip tease through plastic glass.  At the very least.

Funny how Danielle's engagement isn't treated like her twentieth, or whatever number she's up to now.  Although I thought it was pretty stupid that Tre found that a table flipping subject back in the day.   Danielle's so transparent with her bridal party choices.  Does she know anyone who didn't use to hate her, or anyone she's known more than five minutes?  Three maid of honors?  Does she not realize that a married woman is a matron of honor?  What a gentleman that guy - always ready and willing to bang her in a public toilet.  I hope for her daughters' sakes that he's a decent guy and will actually stick around a while.  I'm sorry, but Danielle is the very last person I would go to for relationship advice.  Tre and Joe seem like a perfect healthy couple in comparison.

I would thank that Tre's craziest place was up against a grape vine, within moaning distance of the camera crew and the entire cast. 

Why even endure sex in the airplane bathroom when you don't even "get off"?  I haven't been in one of those germ havens for years.

• Love 7

So what the hell happened between Margaret and Siggy having a little love fest at that photo shoot and... everything that happened afterwards? Was it Hitler-gate?

I think it was said that the photoshoot happened after Siggy's retreat. I cannot remember if Kim D's charity fashion show was before or after the retreat. 

I was kind of hoping that Siggy's father would throw his birthday cake across the room. 

I did think this episode was more enjoyable than a majority of the actual season.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, nexxie said:

I liked the Easter egg scene, the engagement, Tre and Gia on the beach - some more too. Maybe I’m just feeling sappy tonight.

I did too! I always enjoy these "bonus scene" episodes better than the rest of the season. I soooo related to Melissa during Easter Egg dying. I'm an uptight, Type A, control freak. 

8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

This was probably my favorite episode of the season.  Why can't they do this type of show regularly?  I enjoyed Siggy's father's birthday celebration - that cake was amazing. 

That was a pretty cool cake. But was anyone else hoping Mordecai would throw it across the room? Anyone???

8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Funny how Danielle's engagement isn't treated like her twentieth, or whatever number she's up to now. 

HA! After Marty popped the question, I really wanted Tre to run over, flip a table, and scream - "you're fucking engaged, twenty times!!!!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Siggy and Dolores’ friendship surprises me.  Dolores is a type A personality and acts like a tough lady yet Siggy constantly talks over her, answers for her and will put her hand on her arm basically telling her to back down and shutting her up.  I’m not a type A and I would find that annoying and dismissing and on a reality show doing that is the kiss of death.

• Love 4

I thought it was funny that during the dinner scene with Melissa, Siggy and Not Siggy that when Melissa asked a question about Not Siggy and her relationship with her boyfriend that Siggy jumped in and took over the narrative...control much, Siggy?

If that entire book stack birthday cake was real Siggy really over shot that for only a dozen people.  Siggy could have taken advantage of the cake moment to fling herself to the floor and ask everyone if it is good manners to throw a cake.

Joe and Melissa interviewing for a hostess was stupid, we will never see any of those girls behind the hostess stand, so fake that they did not even fill out a job application.  I think some local modeling agency got a call to send in some girls.

Danielle's engagement looked like what Bravo wanted it to be, I don't know one man that would even think of hiring ballroom dancers, a violinist possibly but cheesy dancers?  Do we think it was a re enactment?  But then again he is the same man that thought the germy confines of an airplane toilet is a ticket to sexy town as was a bathroom in a restaurant. 

Teresa forgot to bait Gia in to crying over Nonna on the beach .

Restaurant is closed so all those scenes are a non-issue now - apparently was shut by health code violations.  Although they are stating it was "business partner dispute".

Danielle is so freaking scary looking - I cant even take her seriously.  She is gross and disgusting.

• Love 1

The "old school Italian parents" talk perplexes me. All of these women curse like sailors (don't care), but my old school parents had "no foul language" right at the top of the list.  Either that's not an issue with their old school parents or it's, for some reason, the thing they can easily get past (unlike "showing too much emotion". Except anger, I guess.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Danielle's engagement looked like what Bravo wanted it to be, I don't know one man that would even think of hiring ballroom dancers, a violinist possibly but cheesy dancers?  Do we think it was a re enactment?  But then again he is the same man that thought the germy confines of an airplane toilet is a ticket to sexy town as was a bathroom in a restaurant. 

Knowing how thirsty Danielle is, she could have been the one to arranged it, then feign surprise - so she can get more camera time.  It obviously wasn't important enough for BRAVO to make it as part of the regular season.   In fact, Danielle has pretty much a non-entity - she was not included at the beginning of the reunion - nor was she ask to stay at the end.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Jel said:

The "old school Italian parents" talk perplexes me. All of these women curse like sailors (don't care), but my old school parents had "no foul language" right at the top of the list.  Either that's not an issue with their old school parents or it's, for some reason, the thing they can easily get past (unlike "showing too much emotion". Except anger, I guess.)

I don't understand why the "old school Italian" thing is against sleep overs?  And if Joe Gorga is okay with his son dating a lot of girls but not his daughters just who does he think his son is dating...they are somebody's daughters.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Danielle having sex with Marty at the Gorga’s party was even grosser than I imagined. It was daytime, the place was packed, and weren’t there kids there too?  Just... no. 

Danielle is so disgusting. In every way. There must be something wrong with Marty that actually wants to marry her. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MV713 said:

Restaurant is closed so all those scenes are a non-issue now - apparently was shut by health code violations.  Although they are stating it was "business partner dispute".

Danielle is so freaking scary looking - I cant even take her seriously.  She is gross and disgusting.

Not surprised - remember how they showed that scene with father Gorga crying into the pasta as he prepared it?  The Jersey health board probably saw that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Not surprised - remember how they showed that scene with father Gorga crying into the pasta as he prepared it?  The Jersey health board probably saw that.

I don't think that's enough.  You can't watch Hell's Kitchen without seeing men sweating buckets into the food they're preparing, and using the same spoon to taste food before sending it out.  They also touch everything thoroughly after touching hair, rubbing nose, etc.  I can't allow myself to think of these things too much or I'll find myself unable to eat at a restaurant.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And if Joe Gorga is okay with his son dating a lot of girls but not his daughters just who does he think his son is dating...they are somebody's daughters.

I have to tell ya my strict Italian dad was the same. Totally different standards. He was perfectly ok with my brother whoring around but thought women should be virgins when they married. When I decided to move in with my boyfriend, he refused to come visit me until I was married. I could go to him but he drew the line at coming in to my house.  He was something else, dear old dad. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't think that's enough.  You can't watch Hell's Kitchen without seeing men sweating buckets into the food they're preparing, and using the same spoon to taste food before sending it out.  They also touch everything thoroughly after touching hair, rubbing nose, etc.  I can't allow myself to think of these things too much or I'll find myself unable to eat at a restaurant.  

Ewww yes when they sweat into the food on Top Chef I am gagging.  I know, I cannot think about it too much.

• Love 2

I haven't watched it all yet, but have one thing I want to say right now. That "old school Italian" thing makes me laugh. My much-adored father-in-law is first generation Italian. He didn't rule his household with an iron hand, didn't bring up his kids to think "boys will be boys," and has always been one of the gentlest men I've ever known. So maybe what they mean by "old school Italian" is more "old school male chauvinist." Just a thought.

• Love 21
11 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Ha yes, even People magazine got in on the snark:  http://people.com/tv/rhonj-danielle-staub-engaged-20th-time-video/

Anybody thinking if Bravo doesn't agree to film the wedding there won't be one?  How ridiculous for a fourth wedding to have 13 attendants including people she just met or buried the hatchet in .   Although Bravo is a sucker for weddings I don't see this as being enough to bring Danielle back.  I can just see shortly after the Reunion Danielle puffing away madly on one of her Pall Malls, yelling into the phone, "What do youmean Bravo doesn't pay for weddings?  No one dismisses me, do you hear me Andy?"

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Love 5

The easter egg dying scene gave me major flashbacks to the Saturday night before Easter in 1968.  My parents went out that evening and left it to the babysitter to help us to color eggs.  The next morning when we got up to go to church, my mother took one look at our hands and thru a fit.  They were seemingly permanently dyed.  She could not find the white gloves she had bought us and kept screaming "They can't go to Easter mass with their hands like that.!!!".  My 4 year old self said "god loves us he won't mind, it was an accident".  Mom screamed back "Well the priest, your grandmothers and the neighbor women will notice. You two are never going to dye eggs ever again,"  So to me Melissa was being a little type A with the Easter egg coloring, but compared to my buzz kill of a mother she was a woman with the patience of a saint.

• Love 12
On 2/1/2018 at 9:36 AM, MV713 said:

Interesting. Didn't Melissa say on WWHL that they needed a bigger space so they closed that one?

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Interesting. Didn't Melissa say on WWHL that they needed a bigger space so they closed that one?

I trust NOTHING Melissa says.  The Gorgas are known liars, they say anything to make themselves look better.

Speaking of the Gorgas - what is the deal with their house.  I know they sold it at one time and then there was a snafu with that.  I know they cannot afford to actually live there.  Internet sleuths - what is the status of their loan, etc?  ETA - ok just saw that they have put it on the market - AGAIN!

Also, what happened to the new house?  Remember they were supposedly breaking ground like 3-4 years ago?  That was a bunch of baloney.

ETA - I found a funny article with a great quote from Melissa about why they are moving... I will move over to the Melissa thread...

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 3

So now I've finished watching, and I have another thing or two to say.

That proposal between Danielle's bf and her? I don't believe one single moment of it was spontaneous, unscripted, unrehearsed, or unprepared-for. Not a moment.

Danielle's face after her sex-in-the-loo moment at Gorga's tells you a lot. She was like the slutty cat who ate the canary. I don't loathe her the way a lot of people do, but her pleasure in her own misdemeanors rubs me wrong.

The scene between Gia and Tre was by turns amusing and touching. Someone in that family did a good job teaching at least one of those girls how to behave as an adult. Tre seemed to be honest and open in that scene, too.

• Love 3
On 1/31/2018 at 10:45 PM, Duke2801 said:

Agree the dance scene was cute/funny. Margaret and her husbands banter cracks me up!

it looks like she is mentally unstable . danielle i mean.

Edited by msrachelj
addition
  • Love 4

Is it just me or was Siggy acting way over the top at her father's birthday party?  Oh Daddeeeee! <squeal>...........  Her father seems to be a lovely man.  Can we keep him?

Her son needed to go farther away to college.  

Gia does seem to be grounded and very mature.  I guess they needed at least one adult in the house.

The restaurant scenes were so fake.

Margaret and her husband seem like a solid couple.  Dolores came off better, but I'm with her mom regarding some of those 'treatments'.  No.

Danielle is gross.  She's concerned about a remark made on a tv show years ago by Teresa, then she decides it's ok to have sex in a restaurant bathroom while filming is going on outside.  All righty, then.  Agree she's not mentally stable.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Is it just me or was Siggy acting way over the top at her father's birthday party?  Oh Daddeeeee! <squeal>...........  Her father seems to be a lovely man.  Can we keep him?

Siggy's dad seems so wise and intelligent.  Shame that Sigs can't manifest the slightest quantum of those qualities! 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Danielle is gross.  She's concerned about a remark made on a tv show years ago by Teresa, then she decides it's ok to have sex in a restaurant bathroom while filming is going on outside.  All righty, then.  Agree she's not mentally stable.

I have been wondering about her about Danielle's reasoning why announcing that she just f*cked her boyfriend in a crowded restaurant restroom but upset from years ago about Teresa calling her a whore not to mention her Real Housewives pole dancing class and sex tape.  Where does she draw the line?  What do her girls think about all that? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Siggy does seem like she has “Daddy issues”. She and her sister almost clamored over each other for Daddy’s attention. Siggy also has  unnatural obsession with her own son.  What a wackadoo. 

Danielle has serious self esteem issues~ armchair analysis indicates she feels her only worth to men is for sex. Rather pathetic actually. Bathroom sex with family, friends and kids nearby is disgusting. 

I find nothing about Dolores redeeming or entertaining. 

• Love 5
On 2/2/2018 at 12:22 AM, movingtargetgal said:

The easter egg dying scene gave me major flashbacks to the Saturday night before Easter in 1968.  My parents went out that evening and left it to the babysitter to help us to color eggs.  The next morning when we got up to go to church, my mother took one look at our hands and thru a fit.  They were seemingly permanently dyed.  She could not find the white gloves she had bought us and kept screaming "They can't go to Easter mass with their hands like that.!!!".  My 4 year old self said "god loves us he won't mind, it was an accident".  Mom screamed back "Well the priest, your grandmothers and the neighbor women will notice. You two are never going to dye eggs ever again,"  So to me Melissa was being a little type A with the Easter egg coloring, but compared to my buzz kill of a mother she was a woman with the patience of a saint.

I can so identify with this!!! 

My mom (100% Irish and 12 years of Catholic school) was a screamer, wouldn't be able to find things she bought us and very into "What are people going to think?!?!"  

So awesome that you knew what God would think about it and said so!!   

• Love 3

The Mile High can keep its Club.... those tiny bathrooms can be soooo gross after some people have been in them. Eeww.

However, I’m not immune to the frisson of sex somewhere risky! 

Ok...cool your jets.... not lots, maybe just once or twice! ::wink::

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
A long time ago!
  • Love 2
On 2/3/2018 at 8:02 PM, hoosier80 said:

Siggy’s whole M.O. is being over the top... big ol’ attention whooooore... lol... man she’s exhausting. This is probably a season I can safely say I will never watch again... and I like a good flashback marathon via Hulu of old RH seasons... but not this one. nope. Never again. Blah.

• Love 2