Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Best Laid Plans

• Start Topic

I wonder if it's old Yo-yo.  We saw her disappear in flashback, and he knows her and her powers.

This one felt stretched a little thin to me, but there were some interesting bits.  I appreciated the confirmation that this is at least their second time through the loop. 

Coulson charging his hand was a surprise and a decent little effect.

I smiled at Daisy's interjection that May would be the no TV, 7:30 curfew kind of mother.

• Love 11

ZombieTess was a nice reveal! 

And I'm glad that the show addressed the atmosphere conundrum. Even if "gravitonium" seems to be the answer to everything at the moment. 

Mac's disappointment at meeting Kasius, and YoYo calling him a space-mime was pretty awesome. I can't wait to see his stupid "I am a god" face when he finds out that his hitgirl has been harpooned. 

It was great to see Daisy kicking some ass even in her de-powered state! 

• Love 7

We might have gotten a Thanos reference tonight.  Voss said when asked why he was so sure that Team Coulson was the cause of Earth's destruction, that where was a light from the sky, he heard it was aliens, SHIELD tried to stop it and failed, and brought Hell to Earth.

Loved Mack and Yo Yo outsmarting Kasius.  That was incredible.

• Love 6

Oh! Zombie Tess! That's something I didn't expect! And even more surprising is that it actually is Tess, and not some shapeshifter of some kind. I mean, I did want her back, and I certainly got my wish. 

Kasius got owned this episode, and I love it. It's been nine episodes waiting for Kasius to lose, so it was very nice to see that happen on both fronts. I mean, I feel somewhat bad for Sinara, but she did get what was coming to her. Nice fight scene with her and Daisy, though. 

Kasius has a seer. For a while, I thought it was Zombie Tess somehow. But it being old Yo-Yo could work for me. He mentioned her directly by name, as if he knew who she was, so I could get behind it. Seeing as Kasius can resurrect people, I wouldn't be surprised if he found a way to keep old Yo-Yo alive. 

So, they really are trying to add more layers to Deke. I am fine with getting behind the idea, although I'm still not on board with any type of romance with him and Daisy. I still wonder if we'll discover that he's a grandson to one of the team. Everytime they mention Deke's dad, it does make me suspicious. Why else would they have Deke's father as so important if he wasn't going to be related to someone? Or maybe I'm just paranoid and somewhat hoping for that twist. It certainly would be fun to see Deke realize that he's related to someone on the plane. Heh, I'd actually laugh if we discover Daisy survived, was on the run for all that time, found a guy, and Deke is Daisy's grandson. The show has done crazier things before. 

The time travel stuff still confuses me a bit, although I've seen much more complicated stories. At least here, we had Fitz talk about time loops and Jemma theorizing. 

• Love 5

That was fun. The good guys made some gains, and Kasius was exposed as the tinted blue bitch that he is. And he doesn't even know Sinatra Sinara is dead, going out like a punk thanks to Daisy, Deke and a broken pipe.

37 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

ZombieTess was a nice reveal!

Well, I'd call her a zombie if you kept doing that with Phil and Daisy. How about "Tesshiti"? Or "Tess-hiti"?

I heard "seer," I thought "spy." I was thinking maybe Kasius installed post-procedure programming into Jemma. No clue who could do prophecies for him. Raina is Daisy's mother, right? I do not keep track.

Did Sinara use her balls at any point? If not, maybe that wasn't her.

• Love 2

This episode kinda dragggggggggged on and on. I wanted to see some action but I felt like it was all build-up. Daisy’s fight with Sinara was quite the knock down drag out fight. I liked that Daisy struggled against the Kree without her powers. It highlighted how strong the Kree really are.

Loved FitzSimmons chat about the time loop. I like that the writers are acknowledging the loop and that we’re going to have some issues resolving it. Does Fitz’s theory mean we dont have free will?

There was a lot of Gravitorium tonight. I wonder if Daisy mixes with it that’s why she goes boom and rips the Earth. I wonder if thats how they beat Kasius, playing with the Gravitorium on the Lighthouse.

I’m surprised they left people on Earth. All the Earth survivors went into the caves right?

I think Kasius has old Yoyo. I wonder if over time bc she can move so fast, if she can time travel. She might be another key in cracking out of the time loop. I also was waiting for Robby to appear, all of Kasius’ “I am a GOD” speeches, I wanted Robby to pop in and say “I am a real God” and tear through him.

I’m glad Tess has been un-fridged, but I dont trust her one bit. Zombies arent truly what they were right?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

That was fun. The good guys made some gains, and Kasius was exposed as the tinted blue bitch that he is. And he doesn't even know Sinatra Sinara is dead, going out like a punk thanks to Daisy, Deke and a broken pipe.

Well, I'd call her a zombie if you kept doing that with Phil and Daisy. How about "Tesshiti"? Or "Tess-hiti"?

I heard "seer," I thought "spy." I was thinking maybe Kasius installed post-procedure programming into Jemma. No clue who could do prophecies for him. Raina is Daisy's mother, right? I do not keep track.

Raina was murdered my Daisy's mother several seasons ago. If I recall correctly, she got her throat cut right across. So unless they actually are in a parallel dimension I don't think it can be her. 

I don't know who else we have come across who can predict the future. So Im leaning towards the "seer" being one of the OG  who is supplying info via having already been through the timeloop. I hope they resolve this soon because the time travel stuff is giving me a headache. 

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Raina was murdered my Daisy's mother several seasons ago.

Ooooooooh, that Raina! Flowers! Lady Porcupine! Television's Tulip O'Hare! Academy Award-nominated actress Ruth Negga! Seriously, my memory sucks a copious amount of ass.

• Love 7

Tess is back!  More or less, even though she pretty much did die and was resurrected by Kasius thanks to the Kree technology.  Still counts, right?!  She did look pretty messed up though, so I'm sure there is going to be a lot more to this.

Nice to see the gang get some much needed victories, with Mack/Yo-Yo/Flint messing up Kasius' plan to incinerate all of the humans and even destroying his ability to breed more Inhumans for now.  It was great watching him loose it when he realized he just got owned.  Mack and Yo-Yo are showing that they are a duo that shouldn't be messed with.  I approve!

And he doesn't even know about Sinara yet.  I actually am a bit bummed she's gone since she was a pretty good villain and I also wanted to see Melinda get a rematch when she's closer to 100%, but at least Melinda inadvertently played a part in Sinara's downfall, but turning off the gravity, which led to Sinara floating into Daisy's pole (wait, that sounds kind of awkward.)  At least Sinara got a pretty cool fight to go out on.

Can Enoch stay for good?  I'm already loving his interactions with every other member of the team, although he and Melinda continue to be my favorite.

Deke's "Yikes, that is definitely gonna get infected" might be the most I ever liked him.

Loved Simmons "This is a terrible idea, I'm sorry!" line when things look like they were going to shit for a second.

So, Kasius has his own seer, huh?  Hmm....

• Love 6

A few things bugging me are when did Kassius conveniently get this seer? Why did he not have him/her all along? And do all those vying to change history realize they will not be born if they succeed? I am not saying they should not put their existence before that of humanity, but it is not being written as if they possess that knowledge.

• Love 2

Well decent episode if not somewhat fluff… Most things happened as I assumed they were gonna play out.. Was hoping for some Flint kill action but maybe next week which looks intense.. I’m dissapointed the show wasn’t bild when it came to deke… He went to kill Daisy.. They shoulda stuck to that.. Or turn it all on it’s head and half-way thru the sinara fight have sinara stop deke.. But nope.. And at least as of yet we font even see Daisy recognize it.. I get it shes happy to be alive and he helped but I hope next episode we at least get someone asking him why he followed her. I do hope the kree seer is Raina.. Being held against her will somehow

Given that the Kree apparently have the ability to bring people back from the dead, hypothetically they could have learned of and resurrected Flowers somehow. 

But it's more likely that in all his Inhuman breeding that they created another clairvoyant, or that they have someone from the alternate timeline/dimension. 

Also, we've been told that the Kree are aware of the prophecy that SHIELD would save the day and were killing anyone who spread it and seizing any materials about it. That could have been somewhat of an exaggeration and there could be someone alive (or now undead) who was a believer of the prophecy and forced to give the Kree intel. I'm guessing Papa Deke or whats-his-face who was super happy to see the team but killed by a roach before he could explain anything about the situation. 

59 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Given that the Kree apparently have the ability to bring people back from the dead, hypothetically they could have learned of and resurrected Flowers somehow. 

But it's more likely that in all his Inhuman breeding that they created another clairvoyant, or that they have someone from the alternate timeline/dimension. 

Also, we've been told that the Kree are aware of the prophecy that SHIELD would save the day and were killing anyone who spread it and seizing any materials about it. That could have been somewhat of an exaggeration and there could be someone alive (or now undead) who was a believer of the prophecy and forced to give the Kree intel. I'm guessing Papa Deke or whats-his-face who was super happy to see the team but killed by a roach before he could explain anything about the situation. 

That would be a neat zombie trick, unless some SHIELD spy stole Raina's corpse from Afterlife to preserve it in one of their code named warehouses. Could the Lighthouse be one? The Kree body was all alone except for two mercenary guards.

The episode on first watch was wow, one of those I can't wait to re-watch before I start picking it apart.

11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Raina was the girl in the first two seasons who was kind of a gray character. She kept wanting to become "inhuman" and does with Daisy in the cave. She is then later killed by Daisy's mother. Which makes me hope it's not her, as that doesn't make sense since she's been long dead.

He could be seeing from Simmon's eyes, but I'm not sure how much that would really help. Honestly I was hoping that he was just smart enough to realize that they'd come back to get the rest of their people, which shows some  confidence lol. Anyhow, I was glad to see him get his ass kicked by Mack and them. I was suprised to see Tess but that makes sense, as she was just brought back as Coulson was.

I was glad to see Daisy win a fight without powers and kill Sinara. I was hoping that Sinara would kill Deke first though. He's annoying and needs to go. I was a bit confused on who left before they took off? Sinara came on board, but two people left at the same time. One I guess was Voss, but who was the other guy?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blueray said:

Sinara came on board, but two people left at the same time. One I guess was Voss, but who was the other guy?

Just a random guy sent to the surface to die once upon a time. I doubt if they are seen again

Edited by Raja
12 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I’m glad Tess has been un-fridged, but I dont trust her one bit. Zombies arent truly what they were right?

Phill Coulson is. As i understand, he was brought back the same way. 

12 minutes ago, mrspidey said:

Phill Coulson is. As i understand, he was brought back the same way. 

Coulson and the others were brought back by a human experiment and they were far from all right. So they had the "Tahiti it's a magical place"  brain wipes. That the Kree did it themselves years in the future with their tech, who knows?

• Love 1

Tess has returned as the Walking Tess! Or something. I dont know, its just good to have her back, even if she looks pretty rough right now. 

Yo Yo and Mack are a great team, I loved watching them take down Kasius like the bitch that he is. Thank god we are finally getting some wins, the first part of this season was good, but SUPER depressing. I could watch Kasius lose it over getting defeated by humans over and over on a loop. 

Speaking of loops, we get conformation that the gang is in a time loop, or at least have done this before. Time travel makes my head hurt. 

I admit it, Deke is growing on me. I still dont totally trust him, but do like having him around. He and Daisy working together was pretty cool, and that fight was surprisingly brutal. It was cool seeing Daisy having to fight with her powers, and she actually did really well. She sure has come along way from hiding out in vans screwing with peoples Facebook feeds. 

Also love Enoch. I would love it if it turned into a running joke that he shows up in the background of various Marvel things, just watching stuff happening. Maybe running into possible Watcher Stan Lee. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Also love Enoch. I would love it if it turned into a running joke that he shows up in the background of various Marvel things, just watching stuff happening. 

[Interior: Thanos Star Destroyer]

Thanos: Thor! You are feeble and...[notices Enoch trying to hide] huh??! Who are you????

Enoch: Your new valet / butler, Master...

• Love 7

I loved this episode, although I will miss Sinara. She was a superb villain. 

Loved Mack and Yoyo outsmarting Kassius.

Curious as to who the seer is. My first thought was that maybe the Kree have seers amongst them. It would be great though if it was someone we knew.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Quark said:

I loved this episode, although I will miss Sinara. She was a superb villain. 

Loved Mack and Yoyo outsmarting Kassius.

Curious as to who the seer is. My first thought was that maybe the Kree have seers amongst them. It would be great though if it was someone we knew.

Except Jaws in the Bond series it seems as if the henchman always gets crossed off near the end.

It is possible that the seer is actually a mind reader getting a second chance. Just bringing in a random powered person may be what Inhumans and hopefully mutants in the near future offer dramatically but it also seems like a cheaters way out of writing yourself into a box.

7 hours ago, paigow said:

Thanos: Thor! You are feeble and...[notices Enoch trying to hide] huh??! Who are you????

Korg: "Who are you?"

Enoch: "I am Enoch."

Korg: "Okay.  Would you like a pamphlet?  I'm putting something together, and I need more individuals.  I just want more to show up than my mom and her boyfriend.  I hate her boyfriend."

Enoch: "I am intrigued by this pamphlet you speak of."

• Love 8
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:13 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Can Enoch stay for good?  I'm already loving his interactions with every other member of the team, although he and Melinda continue to be my favorite.

So, Kasius has his own seer, huh?  Hmm....

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:07 AM, emma675 said:

Wasn't Deke's mom a seer? Maybe Kasius brought her back like he did Tess?

I adore Enoch and his deadpan ways.

I love Plasticman, too. He's like a 22nd-century Ken Doll. Only with humor. And no hair.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, paigow said:

If Enoch could stay around to be the all-knowing Jeeves to the Wooster crew that is SHIELD that would be awesome.

I was happy to see Sinara finally dead. I eagerly await Kassius' eventual death as well, although I suppose it will be drawn out over the next few weeks to allow maximal 'February sweeps' ratings.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Maverick said:

The end of this episode annoyed me.  If Kasius had a seer, he should have known about the plan to save the humans. 

Kasius tried to save money...his seer can only produce 720p...

• Love 3

I was hoping that Sinara's balls were enough like rocks that Flint could use them against her.  Oh well.  Great fight scene anyway.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, Lantern7 said:

No balls -- they may not have worked in the gravity storm, but she should have tried.

• Love 1

Amazing fight between Daisy and Dinars. I love that Daisy is a really solid agent and can totally kick ass even without her Quake powers.  She's so freaking awesome and CB does a fantastic job portraying her. 

I loved Mac and Go-to vs Kasius. Yo-yo was so cute with all her insults and I enjoyed the slight levity from all her insults in what was a really tense scene.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
On 1/29/2018 at 11:03 PM, jhlipton said:

I was hoping that Sinara's balls were enough like rocks that Flint could use them against her.  Oh well.  Great fight scene anyway.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:38 PM, Lantern7 said:

No balls -- they may not have worked in the gravity storm, but she should have tried.

I think when Daisy quaked them during her gladiator match with Sinara it killed whatever tech made them work. Sinara didn't use them again in that fight, and we haven't seen them since. 

• Love 1
On 2/3/2018 at 7:53 PM, ahisma said:

Daisy quaked them during her gladiator match with Sinara

I think I missed that -- thanks

[I just rewatched the scene and Daisy flung one ball back at Sinara, but it doesn't look like she destroyed either of them.]

Edited by jhlipton
57 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

I think I missed that -- thanks

[I just rewatched the scene and Daisy flung one ball back at Sinara, but it doesn't look like she destroyed either of them.]

Assuming that Sinara's balls were technology based, even as a hardened combat weapon, the shell can survive while the operating system was quaked into uselessness.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Raja said:

Assuming that Sinara's balls were technology based, even as a hardened combat weapon, the shell can survive while the operating system was quaked into uselessness.

But we don't know how they worked, and they worked after crashing into a wall a few minutes earlier.  From that scene alone, it's impossible, at least for me, to think they'd stop working.  Again, a small line would have helped.

Even though I wished it had been all zero-G instead of just the beginning, I still loved the fight between Daisy and Sinara.

Jemma yelling "This was a terrible idea! I'm sorry!" is one of the reasons I love her.

Love May and Enoch's interaction throughout the episode. Very Han and 3PO.

Watching reactions to the episode, so many people forgot Coulson was brought back to life using Kree biology, so they were completely thrown by Tess being alive.

Kasius, his seer is Yo-Yo right, after he recognized her, has to be?  Will they explain how she developed precognitive abilities?  Probably not.

Goodbye, Sinara.  You were the more interesting of the Dull & Duller villain pairing.  I'll miss the way you handled those balls.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
Edits and Stuff, Yo!
  • LOL 1