Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Alicia's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Threnners said:

Just one week I want to watch someone who's actually putting effort into this.

You'll have to go back to Season 1 or 2 for that. TLC learned a long time ago that drama (especially associated with weight loss failure) is the recipe for ratings.

TLC has really conditioned me to expect these people to be perpetually laying on a medically reinforced bed, with every last sugary calorie brought to them on a (ridiculously large) silver platter. 

Seeing her making her own food (in a kitchen, not in a bed), driving herself to Houston, doing dishes, etc. makes me root for her... but these nothing weight losses are killing the vibe quickly.

I'd like to smack that silly grin off her face.  She thinks she's "accomplished" something with that miniscule weight loss?  Sounds like the "journey continues".  I'm also getting tired of that piano music at the beginning or when something/someone is doing something wrong.

14 minutes ago, zoemom said:

I know he's older, but Dr. Now has a bit of an odd body.......guess he doesn't need to lose any weight.

Maybe I missed this but I don't see any of those nasty lymphodema's.  I don't understand how anyone can walk/exercise with those!

Dr Now looks like he had rickets as a child.  The concave chest and the bowed legs are very similar to my 89 year old aunt.

I don’t get it- yes, a dietician and therapist should be mandatory from the beginning- but presumably they are handed a diet to follow, and they have internet access. Enough with all the excuses about now being able to follow the diet plan.

4 minutes ago, Threnners said:

To be honest, she probably should have a dietician come in and teach her what high protien low carb actually is.  

I thought the doctor now gives them a printed diet.

3 minutes ago, Threnners said:

To be honest, she probably should have a dietician come in and teach her what high protien low carb actually is.  

I think that should be part of the whole process.  Only saw this happen one time a couple seasons ago, dietician came in and pretty much cleaned out her fridge and kitchen cabinets of junk/sugary stuff.

She is full of shit, this is an excuse, I dont know the portions,,,I havent lost because I eat too big portions..my ass....she is sneaking food when Tim is at work! If she at those 2 burgers every night and nothing all day she would have lost the weight! Her resting metabolism burns thousands more calories a day than a normal person. This is why she can lose 50 pounds in a month. 

she figures if she sticks with this excuse, I dont really know the portions, then Tim and the doctor wont know she is sneaking food. Well dr now knows she is sneaking food.  she might have Tim snowed. But if she ate 4 eggs for breakfast and 4 big huge burgers and a big salad every day AND NOTHING ELSE she would lose weight.

3 minutes ago, aliya said:

"I'm excited to meet the dietitian."  Well, shoot me now. I've heard it all.  Gotta give her credit tho for continuing to try and not complain.

Maybe a dietitian should have been provided for her from the beginning?

3 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

OMG. I am eating a Lindt strawberry cheesecake chocolate bar and it is wonderful! Almost didn't try it! Whew. That was close.

I'm eating yellow cake with chocolate icing that I made this evening.  Soooo goood.

9 minutes ago, Carrie said:

That is crazy!  Are you trying to lose weight?  

Getting rid of some Christmas over-indulging and having to take prednisone for a couple of weeks.  It kills my appetite.  Don't worry, I think there's some coffee ice cream in the fridge.  Although this show always "ruins" my appetite!

Edited by zoemom
spelling
7 minutes ago, Threnners said:

As someone who eats this way, I don't understand how she would feel full eating low fat.

It's kind of mind-boggling, but I really think she just didn't "get it" about the mayo and salad dressing and whatnot .... now she does .... now we'll see if she can keep it up.  I hope so.

1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

yes and after she has the bypass surgery a ton of it will fall out.

Yuuuuuup. I just lost 60 pounds, and about half of my thick, gorgeous hair. I've been binging on Viviscal and biotin trying to get it to start thickening back up again but nothing is really happening yet and I'm starting to get despondent :( 

2 minutes ago, navine said:

It's kind of mind-boggling, but I really think she just didn't "get it" about the mayo and salad dressing and whatnot .... now she does .... now we'll see if she can keep it up.  I hope so.

Nah.... She spent her childhood on diets and going to fat farms.  She knows.  She knows.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

Was that her dad?

I thought he was a drunk and out if the picture?  Wel, well - now we see obesity is definitely a family problem!  Her parents are both huge.

2 minutes ago, AllisonWonderland said:

Yuuuuuup. I just lost 60 pounds, and about half of my thick, gorgeous hair. I've been binging on Viviscal and biotin trying to get it to start thickening back up again but nothing is really happening yet and I'm starting to get despondent :( 

Sorry to hear that!. Hang in there and I hope things get better for you.