Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Alicia's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

At least she is honest with him.  I understand what he saying about enabling, but the boyfriend can’t make her stop eating.    All he can do is quit paying for the food.

Though pretty, she is very obese and was raped as a young woman so one would imagine she is enotionally damaged  - nevertheless she seems relatively self-assured.  She doesn't seem to suffer from an "I'm worthless and don't deserve a decent guy" syndrome.  ( News flash- the boyfriend does work!!) 

I hate to complain about Dr. Now but 5 ' 4" is the average  height for a woman in this country.  I think he is exaggerating greatly that she is tantamount to an 800- lb "average sized" woman.  

23 minutes ago, Carrie said:

She was an adorable  child and her mother looks very young'!  Anyone notice the theme of "fatherlessness" running in parallel with childhood molestation?

or the boyfriend.......

1 minute ago, Lizz said:

Well, she’s not a whiner and complainer yet.  Compared to other men we’ve seen on here, Tim’s a real catch.  But does he work or not?  They’ve said both. 

She said that he took off a week of work.

Just now, Miracle Maxie said:

I’m getting tired of Dr Now not believing the patients. 

To be fair so many of them lie, that when he gets someone who takes responsibility I think he assumes that they are lying.  I really hope she loses the 50lbs and proves him wrong.

11 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Where's CPS when there's a 160 pound 7 year old walking around?

Probably trying to prevent other 7 year olds from being beaten to death. It's not like they have a ton of resources for social services. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I’m getting tired of Dr Now not believing the patients. 

I think he goes into the room expecting the worst, and most of the time, he gets it. He's vey pessimistic and it's understandable. It's hard to be positive when so many of your patients lie about everything. 

1 minute ago, Hero said:

I think he goes into the room expecting the worst, and most of the time, he gets it. He's vey pessimistic and it's understandable. It's hard to be positive when so many of your patients lie about everything. 

He probably hears so much bullshit, that his meter is broken.  And some folks are just like that.  I maaaaaay have said earlier today “I’ve usually never gone wrong assuming people are that stupid.”  Dr. Now is probably just as cynical as I am.

That being said, I’m rooting for this chick.

Just now, Brooklynista said:

Why dont any of these folks GO OUTSIDE! People really arent the assholes we think they are and ya might just make a new friend. Get some social interaction going. It's terrible to lean on one person as your entire social circle.

Not to mention the "exercise" (even though marginal) she could get from walking even short distances.