Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Groomzilla

• Start Topic

FT has breathed life anew into this tired series. He is the absolute worst, which makes him awesome for TV.

Maybe for some - but for me he was the final straw and I will never, ever watch a single minute again.  I can only tolerate a certain level of nausea-inducing BS.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I had a vision flash through my head.  *IF* FT is bold enough, and I kind of think he is,  it would be super awesome if he told Kody that since Meri isn't at her house much he should let he and M move in to it.  

I have a fillin' there will be some shuffling going on in the old cul-de-sac.  I can envision Robyn angling for Meri's house with her 5 bedrooms, Maddie and Caleb moving into Robyn's house, they'll want to keep Maddie close because she too is now embroiled in LLR.  At the very least , Kody may ask Janelle to give up her master bedroom suite to Maddie and Camo Cap, per the preview where he said something like "the kids will need their own bathroom".

If they are wise, they will keep FT and Mykelti close, where they can keep an eye on him and I'm sure there are many major banks in LV that would be eager to employ a man of his dignity and intellect.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 1/16/2018 at 10:02 AM, Madding crowd said:

I'm really hoping we are seeing the last of Tony and he will fade into the background. Not so much a fan of any of the Brown girl's choices so far. I never understand the bride wearing a lovely dress and the groom wearing jeans and a tee shirt-the guy can't suck it up for one day? Disgust.

I don't have a problem with Meri and the B&B. I don't get why Meri is called the most selfish person on earth for wanting something for herself. Why is Robyn not selfish for her jewelry? Janelle with her Strive? Christine expecting everyone to drop everything for her daughter's wedding? We all want things in life and sorry, I don't think Meri needs to do penance for the rest of her life because she had one child. Even if she did want to watch Robyn's kids: Robyn doesn't really work and has her niece living with them as a babysitting. Christine has only one child not in school and she doesn't work either. Janelle doesn't really work either and has no small children not in school. What could Meri really do-scrub their floors? Why should she?

Christine seems to me as manic as ever, and as much as everyone loves her and thinks she is beautiful, I couldn't stand to be around her for very long. I think she has some kind of manic disorder and the other wives have learned to steer clear of that. Janelle is on the other end of this and appears to be depressed most of the time. I wonder why her Strive business isn't making her happier. On another note: Why are Maddie and Caleb moving back into Janelle's house? Is he incapable of working? I can't believe all of these extra people are on the TLC payroll. 

I used to be on Team Meri and felt the same way for quite a long time. And then, one day, I saw it: With Meri, if you pay attention, it's ALWAYS ABOUT HER. She always wants something for herself. She likes to play the victim and blame others. With the catfish situation, she never admitted how crazy she was about "Sam". She never took that responsibility. Instead, she blames "Sam" for saying bad things about the family to try and "get her to leave". BS! Mariah warned her, others warned her, but she fell hard and was ready to bail. 

Meri also insults her followers on social media, often "rolling her eyes" at them when they respond to the myriad of cryptic, "woe-to-me" posts that leads people to think there's something wrong. When they respond, she gets all mean instead of writing a more articulate answer of the misunderstanding. Over and over she does this.

The turning point for me was how she treats her followers--if you don't have anything great to say about her, you're blocked or insulted. Even if the comments come from a place of concern, she doesn't care. And she expects the family to back her up, yet she alienates herself from them. And then blames THEM. So done with her. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 21
17 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I used to be on Team Meri and felt the same way for quite a long time. And then, one day, I saw it: With Meri, if you pay attention, it's ALWAYS ABOUT HER. She always wants something for herself. She likes to play the victim and blame others. With the catfish situation, she never admitted how crazy she was about "Sam". She never took that responsibility. Instead, she blames "Sam" for saying bad things about the family to try and "get her to leave". BS! Mariah warned her, others warned her, but she fell hard and was ready to bail. 

Meri also insults her followers on social media, often "rolling her eyes" at them when they respond to the myriad of cryptic, "woe-to-me" posts that leads people to think there's something wrong. When they respond, she gets all mean instead of writing a more articulate answer of the misunderstanding. Over and over she does this.

The turning point for me was how she treats her followers--if you don't have anything great to say about her, you're blocked or insulted. Even if the comments come from a place of concern, she doesn't care. And she expects the family to back her up, yet she alienates herself from them. And then blames THEM. So done with her. 

I was ambivalent about Meri until we witnessed the episode where Meri and to some extent Mariah, sat snivelling in the court of the cul-de-sac because they weren't able to move in to the new house before Christmas.  Wah-Wah-Wah, it was her own fault for not getting paper work attended to on time.

Instead of jumping in and helping the moms of multiple kids get settled as you would expect a good plyg. family member to do, it was all about herself and her inconvenience.

• Love 19
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, Sasha888 said:

Maybe that's why the previews included a scene of Kody saying to Janelle "Maddie & Caleb need their own bathroom, but I'm not going to bother you with that".....you are very perceptive!! I hadn't thought about all of that, but it could very well be. Interesting.

The scene was sort of choppy, but I thought Kody was being impatient and somewhat nasty/dismissive toward Janelle.  It seemed liked the word bother should have been in quotes, as if it's sarcasm.  I'm wondering if Janelle is asking Kody to do something and this is his pissed off reaction.  He resents time away from Robyn's house.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, Natalie68 said:

I kinda love this statement!

Yes indeed.  I am more interested in the ghost at the B&B than them running it.

He almost makes one recoil in horror.  It isn't just about his looks, however, I will say for someone so, um, unkempt, he is AWFULLY opinionated, his personality is repellent!  Way too controlling and Mykelti is too stupid to realize it. 

I don't think Mykelti is too stupid to realize it.  She acknowledges that she's marrying her father.  Women often marry what they know, even if it's dysfunctional.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I have a fillin' 

This reminded of a new word this season from, I think, Meri: silling, which threw me until I worked at it like a good viewer should and realized she was talking about a ceiling. Or, silling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The dresses Mykelti tried on were beautiful on her. She looked much thinner pre-wedding compared to her THs, which were probably filmed months afterward.

I think the smashing cake tradition is cute because the bride and groom look like they're having a great time doing it, and it's fun to watch. But if Mykelti is ADAMANT about not doing it, then FT should respect that.

Thought it was weird when Kody was like "I thought you guys were gonna wait forever" (or something to that effect) when Madison announced her pregnancy. WTF Kody. Don't talk about your daughter's sex life.

This may or may not be an unpopular opinion, but I LOVE Christine. She had my heart the first time I saw her talk about toasters. I feel bad that she grew up in polygamy and subsequently married into the tradition because I think she would thrive in a monogamous relationship and the whole white picket fence, stay-at-home mom dynamic. She is too jealous and emotional for a plural marriage. She also doesn't hide her feelings, and her kids have suffered because of it. Christine was the least cherished wife after Robyn showed up. 

What can I say about Fat Tony that hasn't been said already? What man cares about his fiancee's wedding dress and hair updo??? If he's so controlling over things that are so inconsequential, that should be a red flag. He loves Mykelti's "selflessness" which is basically her giving into his every whim. What a disaster. 

How he wore JEANS at a COUNTRY CLUB for his own wedding is beyond me. Disheveled hair and clothes that didn't fit. Big belly for the world to see. And this slob has the nerve to demand a certain appearance from his fiancee? Overweight guys can look great in suits, so he really doesn't have an excuse other than the fact that he's lazy. 

Edited by NotEatingKale
  • Love 10

@NotEatingKale, I have to say, Christine is now my favorite.  She would be a fun friend, and if she's over the top sometimes, it beats what the other three are doing these days.  

So much of what these shows show us is staged, and scripted, I'm certain.  Tony is creepy.  "Dubious?"  He's trying to throw big words out there, and it isn't helping.  He's still looking like a control freak.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Aww, thank you @laurakaye!  I have a bit of German blood myself so this menu is a-ok, but if you smash even a morsel of the cake in my face I'm going to have to destroy a pinata of you dressed in lederhosen.  

Seriously, though, about the recaps - I only started to help out those who couldn't see the first episode when it was solely available On Demand, and then kept going just to fill the void until Cynical Jinx's recaps started up.  (She used to provide them on her site, didn't she?  Was I hallucinating?!)   I wasn't envisioning a season-long gig, though I am happy to do it.  But if it bugs anyone or if someone else wants to take a turn, let me know.

Please continue to do re-caps @LilWharveyGal!  They are a thing of beauty and thoroughly enjoyable!  

• Love 7

These mothers are useless except for Janelle, sort of.  I wish I could have been Mykelti’s Jewish fairy godmother and given Tony the biggest kick in the ass he has ever had.  I would tell Mykelti that she is acting like an abused woman and that she needs to learn to put her foot down, otherwise she will lose herself to FT.  Why is no one helping this girl?  I am weeping for her!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NotEatingKale said:

This may or may not be an unpopular opinion, but I LOVE Christine. She had my heart the first time I saw her talk about toasters. I feel bad that she grew up in polygamy and subsequently married into the tradition because I think she would thrive in a monogamous relationship and the whole white picket fence, stay-at-home mom dynamic. She is too jealous and emotional for a plural marriage. She also doesn't hide her feelings, and her kids have suffered because of it. Christine was the least cherished wife after Robyn showed up. 

Something occurred to me the other day re Christine. By no stretch of the imagination will these women be living together after the last kids age out (they don't even live together now, FFS) - and Christine will be SOL when it comes to Social Security/Medicare. 

Meri has some employment history and was married long enough to draw against Kody's earnings (however paltry those are/were). Janelle was employed for many years but never a legal spouse. If Robyn sticks it out long enough, she will be a qualified and legal spouse. 

I don't see much of a rosy future for any of them and especially not for Christine.  The TLC gig is (fleeting) income but it's not employment. If she lives with one of her kids when she's old or rotates among them, OK, that's a roof over her head but what about everything else a person needs (food, clothing, meds, toiletries, cel phone) and wants (gifts for kids/grandkids, crafts or books, an occasional restaurant meal or movie ticket)?

Poverty in old age is one of the most cruel and serious consequences that polygamy visits on women. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Something occurred to me the other day re Christine. By no stretch of imagination will these women be living together after the last kids age out (they don't even live together now, FFS) - and Christine will be SOL when it comes to Social Security/Medicare. 

Meri has some employment history and was married long enough to draw against Kody's earnings (however paltry those are/were). Janelle was employed for many years but never a legal spouse. If Robyn sticks it out long enough, she will be a qualified and legal spouse. 

I don't see much of a rosy future for any of them and especially not for Christine.  The TLC gig is (fleeting) income but it's not employment. If she lives with one of her kids when she's old or rotates among them, OK, that's a roof over her head but what about everything else a person needs (food, clothing, meds, toiletries, cel phone) and wants (gifts for kids/grandkids, crafts or books, an occasional restaurant meal or movie ticket)?

Poverty in old age is one of the most cruel and serious consequences that polygamy visits on women. 

I wonder if the same thing happened to Christine's mother, Annie.  She may not have much in the way of retirement income, and had to move into Christine's house.  Christine will have to count on her children.  Meri may be SOL when it comes to that--she ought to rethink that LulaRoe thing since she probably doesn't kick in to SS.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, NotEatingKale said:

Thought it was weird when Kody was like "I thought you guys were gonna wait forever" (or something to that effect) when Madison announced her pregnancy. WTF Kody. Don't talk about your daughter's sex life.

Pretty sure he was talking about waiting to have kids, not waiting to have sex. It's not an unusual thing for a parent to say.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Pretty sure he was talking about waiting to have kids, not waiting to have sex. It's not an unusual thing for a parent to say.

No, it was in reference to sex because before that he said, "You know how babies happen, right?" or something similar.  

• Love 3
On 1/15/2018 at 7:03 AM, mscav said:

I think I know why this was ok with Mykelti. Remember back in season 1 when Robyn brought the other wives wedding dress shopping with her then revealed her and Kody had already picked out the dress.  Kody made a point to emphasize HE picked out the dress.  Christine had a fit and stormed off stage. Kody then relegated Christine to worthless wife status for years. Meanwhile Robyn got a 10 day honeymoon to California and favorite wife status. This is Mykelti's model. FT acts just like Kody and Mykelti doesn't want to be treated like her mom so she has adapted the backbone of a jellyfish. I love how not a single wife  brought up that Kody picked out Robyn's dress too. These kids need therapy to deal with their screwed up family. Especially Christine's kids.

Definitely Christine's kids, with the exception of Aspyn and maybe Paedon.

Logan as we all know will be fine. He was out of there when he began college. Yeah, he stayed in vegas, I'm sure to be there if his siblings needed them (seeing that he bad a huge part in taking care of them) and for the diversity of people (his words, it was in an old episode). We barely saw him in the previous season, and did not aee him at all so far this season. And he and Michelle are finishing school before getting married. That makes for a bigger chance of them being financially set before having children so they will not have to move into Janelle's home like Maddie and Caleb. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm not sure how great Maddie and Caleb's life together would be in they're living under Janelle's roof...and with Kody having the need to be in Caleb's face almost all of the time.

• Love 2

Does FT work?  Don't tell me he's living off of this show too? 

How can Maddie move back home?   Doesn't her husband work?

This is sounding like the Duggers.  Nobody works.  Everybody's a star!  I bet FT and Derrick Dugger never dreamed so bid!!!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

This is sounding like the Duggers.  Nobody works.  Everybody's a star!  I bet FT and Derrick Dugger never dreamed so bid!!!

They said they had bad news and good news.  I'm assuming the bad news is that Caleb lost his job or something? And that we'll hear the good and bad news (one of which is probably them saying they're moving back)  The baby announcement was just a gift - not the good or bad news. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Does FT work?  Don't tell me he's living off of this show too? and get 

FT will probably do the same as Camo Caleb and get Mykelti enlisted into Meri's LLR downline.  Free beds and eats for all in the cul-de-sac. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

The Duggers, lol.    They set their kids up for failure.  They home schooled them when they were little and then made the older kids school the younger ones while at the same time teaching themselves math, english, etc.   Going to college is difficult when you haven't had adequate preparation, not to mention the cost involved.... so either the kids get a minimum wage job or they work for dad. (The girls just stay at home and pop out babies.  And the AMAZING thing is most of them aren't even taught how to cook, sew, etc.)  Or the girls' husbands work for dad - like Ben who does odd jobs.   Derrick just asks for handouts from people for his family to live on, while he spreads the gospel to people in South America.   At least the Brown kids got a formal education and they can get scholarships and handle themselves in a college classroom.   As for the adults, they just get some idea and run with it, not even thinking it through.  Sister's Closet, B&B in the middle of nowhere, etc.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, gunderda said:

They said they had bad news and good news.  I'm assuming the bad news is that Caleb lost his job or something? And that we'll hear the good and bad news (one of which is probably them saying they're moving back)  The baby announcement was just a gift - not the good or bad news. 

Actually, in true Brown fashion they had to beat the announcement to death and the good news/bad news was related to the gift.  Maddie explained that the bad news was that they'll have yet another spring birthday in the family, and the good news was that Janelle and Kody will be grandparents.  

I think Caleb's employment status has been a mystery for a while.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

9 minutes ago, gunderda said:

When they were arriving at Janelle's house Kody said something about "they" are going to college in a one horse town in Wyoming.  I don't think it was really ever talked about on the show, maybe social media...I'm not sure.  But I think his job in the oil or gas industry dried up and they both were going to college.  Based on how fast they decided to marry, married and then the short timeline to getting pregnant, I don't think many college courses would have been finished.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, NotEatingKale said:

The dresses Mykelti tried on were beautiful on her. She looked much thinner pre-wedding compared to her THs, which were probably filmed months afterward.

I think the smashing cake tradition is cute because the bride and groom look like they're having a great time doing it, and it's fun to watch. But if Mykelti is ADAMANT about not doing it, then FT should respect that.

What can I say about Fat Tony that hasn't been said already? What man cares about his fiancee's wedding dress and hair updo??? If he's so controlling over things that are so inconsequential, that should be a red flag. He loves Mykelti's "selflessness" which is basically her giving into his every whim. What a disaster. 

How he wore JEANS at a COUNTRY CLUB for his own wedding is beyond me. Disheveled hair and clothes that didn't fit. Big belly for the world to see. And this slob has the nerve to demand a certain appearance from his fiancee? Overweight guys can look great in suits, so he really doesn't have an excuse other than the fact that he's lazy. 

Yes they can!  I find larger men very attractive (not My 600LB life larger, but burly) so it really isn't about FT's weight for me.  He is a slovenly mess who has a horrid attitude and sense of entitlement.  He could have those attributes and be rocking a 6 pack with Greek God chiseled looks and I would still find him repellent.  To be honest I am not super comfortable bagging on the natural born looks of anyone HOWEVER, the way he treats people have eased my discomfort a tad :).

I too like Christine.  I think of the 4, she is the sexiest.  She seems comfortable in her skin and while I didn't think the ladies looked great in their I Will Survive costumes, I thought she looked cute and had the most rhythm.  I think she is sheltered and wish she could be with someone that loved her more than Kody does but whatever.  She did a bang up job with Aspyn as far as I can tell but Mykelti is a tad different.  I think she is a product of her fathers lack of interest in HER family and doesn't see her dad is not a good role model for a husband/father.  Her life will have a ton of challenges with FT.  I am thankful Mr. Natalie is nothing like that.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Definitely Christine's kids, with the exception of Aspyn and maybe Paedon.

Logan as we all know will be fine. He was out of there when he began college. Yeah, he stayed in vegas, I'm sure to be there if his siblings needed them (seeing that he bad a huge part in taking care of them) and for the diversity of people (his words, it was in an old episode). We barely saw him in the previous season, and did not aee him at all so far this season. And he and Michelle are finishing school before getting married. That makes for a bigger chance of them being financially set before having children so they will not have to move into Janelle's home like Maddie and Caleb. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm not sure how great Maddie and Caleb's life together would be in they're living under Janelle's roof...and with Kody having the need to be in Caleb's face almost all of the time.

They aren't having kids according to some article.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

They aren't having kids according to some article.

I also read Michelle post on IG I think???  that she doesn't want to have children which is totally fine not everyone does.  

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Yes they can!  I find larger men very attractive (not My 600LB life larger, but burly) so it really isn't about FT's weight for me.  He is a slovenly mess who has a horrid attitude and sense of entitlement.  He could have those attributes and be rocking a 6 pack with Greek God chiseled looks and I would still find him repellent.  To be honest I am not super comfortable bagging on the natural born looks of anyone HOWEVER, the way he treats people have eased my discomfort a tad :).

I too like Christine.  I think of the 4, she is the sexiest.  She seems comfortable in her skin and while I didn't think the ladies looked great in their I Will Survive costumes, I thought she looked cute and had the most rhythm.  I think she is sheltered and wish she could be with someone that loved her more than Kody does but whatever.  She did a bang up job with Aspyn as far as I can tell but Mykelti is a tad different.  I think she is a product of her fathers lack of interest in HER family and doesn't see her dad is not a good role model for a husband/father.  Her life will have a ton of challenges with FT.  I am thankful Mr. Natalie is nothing like that.  

My husband is a large man so I agree, my issues with Tony have nothing to do with his looks. Perhaps people would not be so cruel about his looks if he were a sweetheart and treated everyone, especially Mykelti, better. As it is, two negatives (a stank attitude + perceived sloppy appearance) have a tendency to cause people to focus on both instead of the real problem, which is his personality. Him being so judgy about Mykelti's appearance is not helping his case.

Christine has always been my favorite. She has her issues, for sure, but she just seems so much fun. I am glad that it seems she and Kody have worked on their relationship and are in a better place, as things were quite rough between them for a while. She had a real hard time when Robin joined the family, and now they get along and I think it's great. I love their scenes together. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I too like Christine.  I think of the 4, she is the sexiest.  She seems comfortable in her skin and while I didn't think the ladies looked great in their I Will Survive costumes, I thought she looked cute and had the most rhythm.

She bugs me the least because she was raised plyg so I give her some slack. It's never easy to overcome our early imprinting, even if we're open to doing it (which she isn't). 

I was totally impressed with what she was wearing when they toured Meri's inn: white leggings and a (watercolor graphic?) pullover (3/4 sleeve?) with ruched side seams and U-shaped hem (ruling out a visible camel toe). It hugged her body yet was forgiving in all the right places, suggesting an hourglass shape. I think it was the cutest and most flattering Sister Wives outfit I've seen. I would wear that in a hot minute because I'm built like her - a bit thick in the middle. With her gorgeous hair, that outfit made the most of what she's got. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

On Tony's FB page there is a picture posted last September of him and Mykelti in a title company standing next to a guy with a big gift basket.  Tony and Mykelti are holding up a big sign that says,"Welcome to your dream!  Terra Title congratulates Tony and Mykelti on the purchase of your new home!"  Did we know this and how can those two afford a house when they've been married fifteen minutes and she works in a pawn shop?

Does she still work there? I live in St George and that pawn shop is about a mile from my house. Somehow i figured she was doing something else by now. Depending on your answer ---> field.trip!!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

Uh, now Aspyn is engaged. I hope this doesn't turn into another FT situation. She says they want a simple wedding----so maybe it will be better .

http://people.com/tv/sister-wives-aspyn-brown-engaged/

I don't think it could be worse than Mykelti and Tony.  I hope this guy works, and they will not move back to Vegas, at least not to the cul-de-sac.

Hopefully Aspyn will have a real job as well.  I don't know, if she's finished college, or what she plans to do work-wise.

Edited by xwordfanatik
changed a word for clarity
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, NotEatingKale said:

I totally agree with you. I've always enjoyed Christine. Sometimes she is a bit too much, but I feel like she's real. I don't think she tries to "keep sweet". She cries, she yells, she lets it out. I think she has definitely received some really shitty treatment in this arrangement, and I agree that she'd be a great monogamous wife and mother. She is the one that I see genuinely loving ALL the kids and doing special things for them. 

2 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Wow. I see they were raised in the same religious group (AUB). I wonder if they'll eventually have a polygamous marriage (not wondering to be rude). 

I was hoping the article would say they met at college. Sigh....

• Love 2

When the Kingston clan escapee, who's name is escaping me other than she was a Snow (Kolleen?), visited the Browns, she said that Meri was the nicest to the group and Christine was the fakest. Christine also hid in the bathroom so she didn't have to see her aunt on that talk, and is one of the biggest liars of the group. They are ALL liars, but she is just awful about it. Her story changes in the same episode, because they film over so many months to get their little bit of airtime and she can't keep it straight.

As far as looks go, I actually think she is the prettiest of the four, and thought it when she was pregnant and Robyn was working hard at keeping herself prim and proper. Christine also always seems to have a smile and laugh for everyone outside of the family, and had my sympathy when she was clearly suffering from the postpartum depression after Truely, and more so when she realized Kody and Robyn's relationship was much more advanced than she knew, and not just about the wedding dress. They were probably both telling her that they were handling everything like she expected, and that is why they needed the extra courtship time, and then she finds out that they were kissing while she was in labor.

Christine went on the news telling a reporter that she wanted the State of Utah to "Bring it on!" when it came to litigation about polygamy, and after getting the show, broke into the story that she was so scared about us awful monogamists and toasters. She's just extremely fake about everything. She's also probably my favorite wife, if I had to rate them, but that would take too much thought to parse at the moment. 

• Love 5

Aspen's fiance is definitely from the AUB/Allred Group. If I guessed right Mitchell Thompson is the son of Lynn Thompson, current president of the AUB. 

And the rally where they ran into each other (that People Magazine was so vague about) was the polygamy rally that the Browns famously participated in.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Aspen's fiance is definitely from the AUB/Allred Group. If I guessed right Mitchell Thompson is the son of Lynn Thompson, current president of the AUB. 

And the rally where they ran into each other (that People Magazine was so vague about) was the polygamy rally that the Browns famously participated in.

Found another article that talks about him a little...not much...

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2018/01/18/sister-wives-star-aspyn-brown-is-engaged-meet-her-new-fiance-mitch-thompson/

• Love 1

So was it known that Aspyn was with this guy? They certainly haven't introduced him on the show -- so was it a super quick courtship that happened between seasons and now next season will be all about Aspyn and her man? Anything known about him -- like does he work??

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:
28 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

So FT and M have been married over a year now?  Per the above article they married Dec 2016???

That’s correct!

And what a year it has been!  Both of them have packed on 75 pounds!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Roslyn said:

When they were arriving at Janelle's house Kody said something about "they" are going to college in a one horse town in Wyoming.  I don't think it was really ever talked about on the show, maybe social media...I'm not sure.  But I think his job in the oil or gas industry dried up and they both were going to college.  Based on how fast they decided to marry, married and then the short timeline to getting pregnant, I don't think many college courses would have been finished.

I've never heard of a university being in a one horse town.  There's a reason why a town is labelled "college town" and it's because the population is bumped with the college students/staff and then the service industry.  Something tells me they aren't going to a brick and mortar college.  And I wonder how interested Caleb is in college anyway.  He went twelve plus years as a single man and apparently happy in not pursuing higher education.  I wonder if it's an excuse to quit work and live off of TLC.  Or maybe they're one of those couples who "can't bear" being apart.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, cereality said:

So was it known that Aspyn was with this guy? They certainly haven't introduced him on the show -- so was it a super quick courtship that happened between seasons and now next season will be all about Aspyn and her man? Anything known about him -- like does he work??

According to his Facebook, he works for DMT Carpentry. From an article I saw, his name is actually David Mitchell Thompson. 

Idk if this is him, his father, another relative......

DMT CARPENTRY, LLC

Update this Business

Entity Number: 9804903-0160
Company Type: LLC - Domestic
Address: 820n 457w Lehi, UT 84043 
State of Origin: 
Registered Agent: David M Thompson 
Registered Agent Address: 
820n 457w 
Lehi, UT 84043 
View Management Team

Purchase Certificate of Existence

Renew By: 05/31/2018 
Status Description: Good Standing
The "Good Standing" status represents that a renewal has been filed, within the most recent renewal period, with the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code. 
Employment Verification: Not Registered with Verify Utah

History

View Filed Documents

Registration Date: 05/12/2016
Last Renewed: 05/02/2017

Additional Information

NAICS Code: 2383 NAICS Title: 2383-Building Finishing Contractors

7 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

Uh, now Aspyn is engaged. I hope this doesn't turn into another FT situation. She says they want a simple wedding----so maybe it will be better .

http://people.com/tv/sister-wives-aspyn-brown-engaged/

Google says Aspyn will turn 23 in March, so I'm assuming she's already graduated with a bachelor's, or will at the end of this semester.  It seems to me that Aspyn, like Logan, has striven to separate herself from the show.   And like Logan, she's raised five children already, and hopefully the baby train will be slow to start.  

I'm happy that Aspyn is firmly out of her teens and will have/has a college degree when she marries.  All or most of the Brown teens/adults have clearly stated they have no interest in polygamy, so there's a great possibility that Aspyn's fiancé feels the same.

I've always liked Aspyn the best, and it's ironic that of all the older kids, it's Janelle's that married so young and popped out a kid right away, pretty much ending or greatly delaying her "law career".    Yet it's Meri's spoiled child who's really transformed her life and dedicated herself to her education, as well as worked one to two jobs.  And it's ditzy Christine's quiet child who is marrying a little older, and after her education is complete.  Which is quite different than people have been predicting for years.  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I've never heard of a university being in a one horse town.  There's a reason why a town is labelled "college town" and it's because the population is bumped with the college students/staff and then the service industry.  Something tells me they aren't going to a brick and mortar college.  And I wonder how interested Caleb is in college anyway.  He went twelve plus years as a single man and apparently happy in not pursuing higher education.  I wonder if it's an excuse to quit work and live off of TLC.  Or maybe they're one of those couples who "can't bear" being apart.

Yea...I was thinking the same thing.  I rewatched that scene and Kody describes it as a "two horse town" (oops) and says "I think it has two stop lights". He says they (as in both of them) are going to the Univ. of Wyoming in Laramie WY.  But wikipedia says that the town has a population of over 30,000.  Not sure how you get from just two horses to 30,000 people!! I do remember when Caleb was very sure about "never" moving to Las Vegas tho.  I guess they changed their minds.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

According to his Facebook, he works for DMT Carpentry. From an article I saw, his name is actually David Mitchell Thompson. 

Idk if this is him, his father, another relative......

DMT CARPENTRY, LLC

Update this Business

Entity Number: 9804903-0160
Company Type: LLC - Domestic
Address: 820n 457w Lehi, UT 84043 
State of Origin: 
Registered Agent: David M Thompson 
Registered Agent Address: 
820n 457w 
Lehi, UT 84043 
View Management Team

Purchase Certificate of Existence

Renew By: 05/31/2018 
Status Description: Good Standing
The "Good Standing" status represents that a renewal has been filed, within the most recent renewal period, with the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code. 
Employment Verification: Not Registered with Verify Utah

History

View Filed Documents

Registration Date: 05/12/2016
Last Renewed: 05/02/2017

Additional Information

NAICS Code: 2383 NAICS Title: 2383-Building Finishing Contractors

Does any of this mean he's a union carpenter?  My good friend's father and husband are union carpenters.  They have great benefits and the retirement is amazing.

7 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Yea...I was thinking the same thing.  I rewatched that scene and Kody describes it as a "two horse town" (oops) and says "I think it has two stop lights". He says they (as in both of them) are going to the Univ. of Wyoming in Laramie WY.  But wikipedia says that the town has a population of over 30,000.  Not sure how you get from just two horses to 30,000 people!! I do remember when Caleb was very sure about "never" moving to Las Vegas tho.  I guess they changed their minds.

So how many universities will Maddie have now attended?  I hope her credits are transferable or she's been wasting a lot of time.

52 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Interesting.  I wonder if they are living off the government.  No income but receiving big government checks for education.  Many know the system.

• Love 2