Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Together or Not at All

• Start Topic

Well, that had a lot of unexpected moments. 

I did not see that Robin reveal coming. It would make sense since she could see the future that she would survive until the end. So, did Hunter get people out of the Lighthouse into the Zehr? Is Deke Robin’s child? 

I loved every scene with Daisy and FitzSimmons. They’re great together. 

That tricky gravitronium appears again. Wasnt it super unstable? I wonder if they’ll use it to take out the Kree.

Love how exhaustingly frustrated Fitz was that Mack and YoYo gave him a hard time about the Shield Tech being on the third level. In some random wall. Probably unmarked.

It was nice to see Fitz in next week’s previews saying that “Time cannot be changed.” Im glad they remembered his feelings about Time Travel. I also like that the writers arent just going to gloss over the loop....well, hopefully.

• Love 4

Stabbing your enemy in the back is a sound strategic move, so is stabbing him in the front. So I approve that Kasius got murdery with his annoying brother. And Sinara is starting to speak, so the Kree stuff improved this week. Now that the superfluous ones are dead. 

I'm still not sold on Deke, and I don't think I ever will be honestly. His whining makes me hope that people will keep punching him.

Robin! I'm glad that we are hopefully going to get some answers at last. And commandeering the zephyr is a baller move!

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • Love 9

I spent too much time considering Kree eye make up in this.  And their apparent practice of decorative scarring.

I am still a little surprised Kasius is alive.

I smiled at Phil's chipper assertion that flying a space ship would be like flying Lola.

• Love 7

Nice to have about two minutes of happiness before shit went sideways. More death, more loss, more big blue people being total assholes. If a new Smurfs movie comes out in the next six months, would you be able to see it without the flashbacks of the Kree being absolute dicks?

Shit, apparently they didn't tech proper throat-slitting at SHIELD Academy. Or maybe Jemma missed that class. Kasius is still alive. And he's still being a prick . . . though his brother did deserve to die. With a bayonet blade. I don't think Vegas would've taken bets on that. It also covers up Kasius being a moron by having displayed weapons loaded. And now he's getting closer to Sinara. Please forgive me when I say that she's the one with balls in that relationship.

Really hoping Mack and Elena don't die or get stuck in the future. I don't think anybody in the early 21th Century is capable of wielding the shotgun axe. Thor himself wouldn't be able to lift it.

And shit, I would've though a  control device would've been harder to remove from Jenna's ear. Nope . . . just pull that sucker out. Thanks, Fitz!

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 9

Considering Samuel Roukin's past work on Turn, his character getting stabbed by a musket made me laugh way more then I should have.  Kasius has finally snapped, which has likely made him way more dangerous.  And Sinara has just shown that she is ride or die when it comes to their relationship.  Everybody better watch their asses!

Melinda/Enoch is a pairing I never knew I wanted.  Love how Melinda thought he was created by Fitz at first and was "Not this, again!" about it.  After Ada, I really don't blame Melinda for never trusting robots/A.I.'s again.

Fitz officially joining the gang again really has made things better.  I loved all of his interactions with everyone else.  I'm glad we at least got one moment between him and Mack before they get separated (again.)  I'm glad Mack and Yo-Yo want to look after Flint, but I hope them remaining behind won't end up backfiring on them.

I'm hoping Simmons held on to the hearing device, so she can end up shoving it into Kasius' ear when this is all said and done.

I guess when you don't have anyone experienced in flying spaceships, the guy who has a flying car is the best you can do at a moment's notice.  But I suspect this ship won't last long enough for Coulson to name it.

Future Robin, huh?  Interesting! 

• Love 6

Flint wasted no time at all weaponizing his power set. I doubt if he saw Yondu in Guardians of The Galaxy.  Probably not Robin but some Inhuman must have the power of master roach exterminator. So back to the theory that powers that are needed emerge from the cocoon.

So Kasius was sent out like Uriah the Hittite but as part of his unit Sinara was not going for that. So are we coming down to a Flint/Sinara showdown? They seem to have the same capability only Flint has unlimited ammunition around him. A big problem is that the Kree seem like a direct rip of TNG era Klingons.

• Love 5

Another superb episode. I think Agent's of Shield's ability to redefine itself every season is unparalleled and goes from strength to strength.

Sinara should be Empress of the Kree.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Raja said:

So Kasius was sent out like Uriah the Hittite but as part of his unit Sinara was not going for that. So are we coming down to a Flint/Sinara showdown? They seem to have the same capability only Flint has unlimited ammunition around him. A big problem is that the Kree seem like a direct rip of TNG era Klingons.

For me they are more like the Cardisians. They are all about purity and family. And they like to hear themselves talk.

Another great episode. I loved seeing the whole team together working (well minus May). I'm glad that Fitz is back. I loved the scene with him and Mack.  Mack and YoYo better be okay. I was hoping that they wouldn't separate as now they have to go back for them. I love that Coulson has no idea how to fly the ship, but he is the most qualified to do it.

• Love 2
On 1/12/2018 at 10:20 PM, AimingforYoko said:

Ah, Kasius and Sinara. I ship those crazy kids.

Lmao! I can relate.

On 1/12/2018 at 11:11 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

Stabbing your enemy in the back is a sound strategic move, so is stabbing him in the front. So I approve that Kasius got murdery with his annoying brother. 

Ugh, that brother was the worst - you know someone must be truly heinous when you actually feel sorry for the bad guy. 

• Love 5

I'm loving Sinara as a villain. I was so worried she'd die this episode.

So glad Fitzsimmons are back together.

Ok, I think I might ship Daisy/Deke. The show needed another bad boy type since Ward & Hunter are gone.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Proteus said:

I'm loving Sinara as a villain. I was so worried she'd die this episode.

So glad Fitzsimmons are back together.

Ok, I think I might ship Daisy/Deke. The show needed another bad boy type since Ward & Hunter are gone.

I was all about Daisy/Deke until he sold her into slavery - as someone else pointed out, I'm not sure how one gets past that. Still, if the show can make it happen and make me believe it, I'm on board.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 1

I've decided that I love Enoch now, and he and Melinda are going to be a fun combination. I loved Melinda's reaction to Enoch saying who he actually is. Just like "Yeah...sure I guess this is a thing now". Plus we get future Robin now, hopefully she can help out. 

On 1/12/2018 at 10:20 PM, AimingforYoko said:

Ah, Kasius and Sinara. I ship those crazy kids.

I mean, say what you will about them being a pair of evil murdering psychopaths (which they are) but I gotta admit, they're loyal to each other, and I kind of love them together. They're like a super evil alien power couple! And Kasiuses brother is such an asshole, I actually cheered when he got stabbed in the back. What a dickhead. 

Love the reunion of Fitz with the rest of the team, and now the kids are going on an adventure with Dad to pick up Mom in Dads awesome new car! I mean, things were happy for, like, a whole two minutes there! I especially loved how frustrated Fitz got at Mack and YoYo giving him shit about where he hid the stuff on the third floor. "I went through time to save you all, I think thats being downplayed here!" 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7

I didn't expect Kasius to survive the throat cutting from Jemma, but I also was doubly afraid of them doing a switch out and having his brother as the new Big Bad. I should have figured that Agents of SHIELD wouldn't easily allow that to play out, and I should have expected better of myself. Of course they had Kasius stab his brother in the back AND the front. What an awesome way to get rid of his overachieving brutal brother. I was actually thinking about why Kasius couldn't just kill his brother, and then was starting to think that it just had to be for plot....and then he actually killed him. Him and Sinara do make a good couple together. I love the loyalty they share toward each other. They got shit done! 

Fitz's reunion with the team was awesome, although of course he gets shot in the process! There always has to be something wrong standing in the way of Fitzsimmons. So, this injury isn't as bad as them being separated or whatnot, but hey, it wouldn't be Fitzsimmons without something going on! 

Ok, so I was very frustrated with Mack and Yo-Yo staying behind with the Rock Kid. I mean, what happens if the team gets to May and they find a way back home? Now they have to go all the way back to get them! I mean, I understand the reasoning, especially for plot reasons, but it still delays them getting back to their own time. Also, how could they even stop this future from happening if time is set in stone? That's the question I'm most curious about.

Ok, May and Enoch is a pairing I didn't expect to enjoy so much. Also, future Robin! I was wondering when she might make her appearance! 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I was all about Daisy/Deke until he sold her into slavery - as someone else pointed out, I'm not sure how one gets past that. Still, if the show can make it happen and make me believe it, I'm on board.

I hated that too. But I think he can redeem himself if he really puts himself on the line for her and the team. 

I realized everyone has someone on this show except for Daisy. It'd be nice for her to get some love too after her last two disasters.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Love the reunion of Fitz with the rest of the team, and now the kids are going on an adventure with Dad to pick up Mom in Dads awesome new car! I mean, things were happy for, like, a whole two minutes there! O especially loved how frustrated Fitz got at Mack and YoYo giving him shit about where he hid the stuff on the third floor. "I went through time to save you all, I think thats being downplayed here!"

And, Fitz now does push-ups! Of course Mack was very supportive of this.

• Love 7

When the characters were planning their escape and Deke showed them a way out and then he volunteered to go first, I groaned. I thought he was going to screw them over again. Then everyone objected and forced Deke to come up last. I was so grateful. Maybe it’s the shows I watch but I’m not used to characters being pragmatic and learning from their mistakes. It was nice to see it here.

Considering Samuel Roukin's past work on Turn, his character getting stabbed by a musket made me laugh way more then I should have.  Kasius has finally snapped, which has likely made him way more dangerous.  And Sinara has just shown that she is ride or die when it comes to their relationship.  Everybody better watch their asses!

Glad I wasn’t the only one who found that funny. I spent four seasons wishing his character would die and it finally happens on a completely different show.

I’m now much more interested in Kasius. Not just because he’s snapped but I also love evil couples (see also: this season of the Flash).

Edited by BaggythePanther
Clarity
  • Love 5
On 1/12/2018 at 9:12 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I am pretty sure it was a WWI era bolt action rifle but I also chuckled at the scene. However when they showed Kasius's grip on the rifle or musket I thought he had to have super Kree grip to hold on to it while going through with a bayonet trust.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

I'm still not sold on Deke, and I don't think I ever will be honestly. His whining makes me hope that people will keep punching him.

Deke does follow the Ward tradition of refusing to accept responsibility for any of the heinous acts that he commits. What troubles me further is that Deke admitted to working for Kasius outside of selling Daisy into slavery, so that leaves the question of how many other people he might have sold into slavery, or what other nefarious things he's done at the behest of Kasius. Deke already committed an unforgivable act by selling Daisy into slavery and that doesn't even seem to be the limit of the monstrous acts he's committed.

21 hours ago, Proteus said:

I'm going to say that selling someone into slavery shouldn't be the inception to any romance.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Deke does follow the Ward tradition of refusing to accept responsibility for any of the heinous acts that he commits. What troubles me further is that Deke admitted to working for Kasius outside of selling Daisy into slavery, so that leaves the question of how many other people he might have sold into slavery, 

If this is the "Long Game" it worked out-  Daisy survived to find Simmons instead of being killed on sight, Fitz got his angle for being there, Deke maintained his cover for all access privileges....

1 hour ago, Raja said:

And not a WWI bolt action, that may have been on his weapons museum table, but rather a US WWII/Korean War M1 Garand rifle.

I have a WWII Japanese rifle with bayonet attached and from the quick glances we saw, I thought it looked like that but I’m no weapons expert. 

6 hours ago, paigow said:

If this is the "Long Game" it worked out-  Daisy survived to find Simmons instead of being killed on sight, Fitz got his angle for being there, Deke maintained his cover for all access privileges....

Deke was covering his own ass more than anything. If it ever came out that he knew Daisy he would have ended up like Tess. He basically threw her to the wolves and said ‘I assume you’ll find your way out.’ 

4 hours ago, Raja said:

And not a WWI bolt action, that may have been on his weapons museum table, but rather a US WWII/Korean War M1 Garand rifle.

I didn’t know guns still had bayonets all the way up to the Korean War. Who knew AoS could be so educational?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

Deke was covering his own ass more than anything. If it ever came out that he knew Daisy he would have ended up like Tess. He basically threw her to the wolves and said ‘I assume you’ll find your way out.’ 

I didn’t know guns still had bayonets all the way up to the Korean War. Who knew AoS could be so educational?

Past that while the US generally credits Medal Of Honor recipient then Infantry Captain, eventually a Colonel of Special Forces Lewis Millett with the leading the last planned bayonet charge in 1951 Korea and British Para's were said to have done a bayonet charge up the hills that they we attacking during the Falkland Islands War in 1982 before they also traded in their big battle rifle for a modern assault weapon. While in theory they can be used for bayonet fighting that pistol grip which makes for faster firing is in the way as a melee weapon and today most have retracted butt stocks making the club end in addition to the blade/spear  end a poor weapon for hand to hand combat. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, paigow said:

Considering that Deke justified his actions to Coulson by saying he had it rough as a kid, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Deke didn't plan for Ben to stick his neck out for Daisy and Jemma, or for Fitz to arrive to get Daisy out of a situation that Deke put her in.

• Love 3

I don't think of Deke as adding any "badboy" vibes to the show. In fact now that Fitz is sporting stubble and doing push ups I'm pretty sure he is the resident badboy of SHIELD.

As far as Daisy goes, I really thought she and Robbie Reyes had great chemistry. He is sure to show up again, and also exists in her own timeline. Which is about the minimum requirements for a boyfriend. 

Also "Badboys of SHIELD" totally needs to be a spin-off starring Fitz and Hunter. I would watch the shit out of that!

• Love 5

For those interested, there is a wiki for firearms in movies and TV called the Internet Movie Firearms DB.  The AoS page for Season 5 hasn't caught up with this episode.

I am neutral on Deke, but don't think he's trustworthy at this point.  He does feel like type we've seen before.  I was a little interested when he mentioned his mother (?) being sent to the surface, and wanting to find her.  I'm curious where that leads.

1 hour ago, MisterGlass said:

I am neutral on Deke, but don't think he's trustworthy at this point.  He does feel like type we've seen before.  I was a little interested when he mentioned his mother (?) being sent to the surface, and wanting to find her.  I'm curious where that leads.

I agree that Deke is not trustworthy at this point, but I've also had a feeling he's not going to betray them again. (Not  quite the same as being good, though.) However, I had completely forgotten about his description of his mother as an Elder sent to the surface; the idea that Robin could be Deke's mother makes sense to me now.

4 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

I don't think of Deke as adding any "badboy" vibes to the show. In fact now that Fitz is sporting stubble and doing push ups I'm pretty sure he is the resident badboy of SHIELD.

Works for me. *winks*

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Raja said:

Past that while the US generally credits Medal Of Honor recipient then Infantry Captain, eventually a Colonel of Special Forces Lewis Millett with the leading the last planned bayonet charge in 1951 Korea and British Para's were said to have done a bayonet charge up the hills that they we attacking during the Falkland Islands War in 1982 before they also traded in their big battle rifle for a modern assault weapon. While in theory they can be used for bayonet fighting that pistol grip which makes for faster firing is in the way as a melee weapon and today most have retracted butt stocks making the club end in addition to the blade/spear  end a poor weapon for hand to hand combat. 

The Army actually still issues bayonets for the M-4's that they currently use.  They rarely use them nowadays but that is more due to the type of warfare that the military engages in.  It is no longer really close combat like it used to be.  The last officially recognized US Army bayonet charge was during Vietnam. 

On 1/12/2018 at 11:39 PM, MisterGlass said:

I spent too much time considering Kree eye make up in this.

I apologize for asking this so late in the season, but are the white patterns on the faces of Kasius and Sinara the result of mixed genetics or is it merely their version of makeup? The other Kree we've seen have solid blue faces.

6 minutes ago, valandsend said:

I apologize for asking this so late in the season, but are the white patterns on the faces of Kasius and Sinara the result of mixed genetics or is it merely their version of makeup? The other Kree we've seen have solid blue faces.

Could be Kasius did have more blue show around his scar courtesy of Simmons

• Love 1
13 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

I was a little interested when he mentioned his mother (?) being sent to the surface, and wanting to find her.

12 hours ago, garnetarden said:

However, I had completely forgotten about his description of his mother as an Elder sent to the surface; the idea that Robin could be Deke's mother makes sense to me now.

Deke says that his mother was dragged away and murdered when he was 9.  Then his father was fed to the roaches along with everyone else who was smart or a believer in the prophesy. It is his father's voice that he hears on the transmission from Earth. So presumably his father is alive in the zephyr.

But I'm having a hard time believing that Robin could be his mother unless Deke is a lot older than he looks. Robin is well into her 80's at this point, and Deke is in his 30's. It is not impossible for a woman in her 50's to have a baby but it does seem unlikely with the current level of medical care available. With their respective ages she could easily be his grandmother. But I don't need to have the whole cast related to each other for plot purposes. So I am happy to have Deke and his dad just being some randos from the future. 

And I hope his dad gives him a spanking for selling out "the delegation" that has been dragged through time to save their collective asses!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Raja said:
11 hours ago, valandsend said:

Could be Kasius did have more blue show around his scar courtesy of Simmons

Kasius did have a large blue section around the cut in the early part of the episode.  I took that to mean that his make-up had been washed away in tending to the scar.  Later in the episode the makeup is back over the scar.  His brother and his brother's lieutenant had black eye make-up, though no patches of lighter color.  In Guardians of the Galaxy, Ronan also wore black eye/face make-up.  It could be that the black eye make-up is a more aggressive, military look and that the paler make-up is more of a fashion statement.

• Love 2

I'm well over the apocalypse and the CONSTANT high stakes. But I give it to ABC because I'll keep watching, since there's nothing else on on Fridays.

That being said, Fitz losing it over not getting credit for coming to the future to join them was my everything about last week's episode.

All it took was some family drama to finally make Kasius and Sinara interesting.  Again, just as I like character (the brother of Kasius and his goon) show takes them from me.  On the same end, I want to love Enoch, but then I'm afraid show will take him from me.  

I could lose the discount StarLord and not mind.  I totally forgot the character until he popped up again.  I hope Daisy, Coulson, May blasts him out of an airlock.

Loved the Rose reveal.

• Love 1