Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

John Zimmerman! Still hot after all these years ...

I have been rather underwhelmed by figure skating so far and haven’t really been paying full attention... until I heard “John Zimmerman.”  Definitely perked me up to get a glimpse of him but kinda sad that it was pretty much the highlight of the pairs competition for me. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, crystalball said:

I have been rather underwhelmed by figure skating so far and haven’t really been paying full attention... until I heard “John Zimmerman.”  Definitely perked me up to get a glimpse of him but kinda sad that it was pretty much the highlight of the pairs competition for me. 

Here is a shot of John Zimmerman goodness in the K&C:

• Love 2

I am spitting nails that NBC ignored LIVE skating to show a taped feature AND a second view of hockey. Idiots!! At least they got us back for James/Cipres. I really like them, loved the program, wish like heck they had skated clean.

• Love 5

Wow. Their lifts are amazing. What a beautiful program. Fabulous skate, they’ll definitely be on the podium, Duhamel/Radford don’t have a prayer to beat that. The Russians probably can’t top it either. Going to be very interesting with the Chinese.

• Love 5

I'm not really a fan of Duhamel/Radford's program (I love Adele, but not that particular song), but damn, they performed that program absolutely the best that they could! This last group of pairs is definitely throwing it DOWN!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Peace 47 said:

I like that the sole purpose of the overhead NBC camera is to shoot 2 seconds of death spiral (or whatever that move is called).  The future is now.

My hunch is NBC doesn't control that camera. I think a lot of the feeds are controlled by the IOC or another governing body. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

I like that the sole purpose of the overhead NBC camera is to shoot 2 seconds of death spiral (or whatever that move is called).  The future is now.

Wait til they have drones following them around the rink... 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

John Zimmerman! Still hot after all these years ...

Fine wine. I went and rewatched some of his routines. So much better then the pair we have now. I wish they had been more consistent cause they could be very good.

• Love 5

I still like Su/Han's emotion best, even with the mistakes. 

And their lifts are so fast and smooth, some of the other lifts seen tonight looked kind of stiff. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 5