Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Meri Moving?

• Start Topic

Thank You for starting a fresh new thread for this season's antics of the Brown Ones GC.  I have a feeling that we will see performances unlike previous episodes as they have been given a jolt with the 'will they/won't they' be renewed saga.  With the addition of Seeking Sister Wives to the TLC roster, the Browns will be forced to amp up their nonsense to hold the viewers attention. 

• Love 13

While trying to set a series record for the new polygamy show, I noticed that Sister Wives is back.  I missed them, and I'm only slightly ashamed to admit it.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I agree.  Doofus will be as insufferable as the "wives", nothing really new there.  He'll do anything to keep the gravy train running, so whatever it takes, he'll do it and look like more of a total ass than ever.

Are the Browns asking for too much money?  It seems like TLC keeps looking for alternative polygamist families.  Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bradys again.

• Love 12

Omg.  I thought Tony couldn't get any worse.  Boy was I wrong.  What a dick.

On the other hand, Christine' girls are really pretty.  Christine needs to dial it down a notch.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 21
5 minutes ago, toodles said:

On the other hand, Christine' girls are really pretty.  Christine needs to dial it down a notch.

Dick is right!  Tony gives his FIL a run for his money.  Ick for both of them.

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, toodles said:

On the other hand, Christine' girls are really pretty.  Christine needs to diail it down a notch.

disagree re christine's girls.   mykelti is not attractive.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

how is meri going to pay for the b&b?

This!  Although at least the B&B has the potential to turn a profit, and Meri might be able to get a mortgage.  (NOT a Mariah fan.  Could she just once be positive about anything her mother does?  If it were King Kody's idea, she'd be all about it.) 

What's killing me is the discussion of 400 wedding guests.  Seriously!  Unless TLC is paying (and I cannot imagine it would shell out that much cash), where would the family get the money to pay for that type of shindig?  Given the multiple bankruptcies, I can't imagine the family having a line of credit that would cover it.  

And does anyone know if either Mykelti or Tony has a job?  Talk about champagne taste on beer budget.

• Love 20

Fat Tony has gotten fatter.  Should we be calling him Fatter Tony?

I can see Tony’s grandparents not speaking English. But Tony’s parents?!?! Huh?

Wasn’t Christine’s mother (Annie) the one who wants Christine out of the polygamist lifestyle? You think that maybe she is starting with Meri since she can see Meri leaving before Christine?

The Kodouch should only shell out the same amount of money he paid for the last kid’s wedding. If it doesn’t stretch for 400 people, then Fatter Tony and Mykelti should pony up the rest.

I was shocked how casual Fatter Tony’s parents were about the polygamous family.

• Love 20

Why does Meri need her family's approval ? I thought their $$ was all separate.

Did Tony become LDS on his own, before he even met Mykelti ? That's kind of a strange conversion to go from Catholicism to LDS.

Does Mykelti have a speech impediment  ? 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

So mykelti met Tony at the pawn shop?

The owner of the pawn shop set them up.

These people have no clue about money and they have raised a few kids who don't have a clue either. Tony is a financial idiot too.

My head hurts so much already.

• Love 18

HATE Toni and Mykelti is getting there quickly.   Two self entitled barely employed children strutting in with their demands.  It’s really just absurd because we all know Kody and clan can not afford any of what they are showing us. 

So much hate right now. 

• Love 24
1 minute ago, Normades said:

Why the wait to broadcast?

Because the Browns know that our lives would not be complete unless we were able to view every single second of the drama leading up to the blessed union.

Count me out.

• Love 6

All 5 parents who seem to be allowing the 400 guests, 4,000 tacos, and whatever else the entitled kids demand, need to remember they have about 40 more children that will expect the same.  Not to mention that some of them might actually want an education.  

I think Tony is really enjoying this. Does he even have a job or any education?

• Love 19

That poor wedding planner spent the whole time looking either confused or trying not to laugh at this ridiculous couple and their ridiculous demands. Their disgusting entitled attitude is making me sick. “We’re making our decorations so that’ll save a lot of money”. Are you kidding me?!

• Love 20
54 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Ugh, Tony’s so gross. I know “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” and all that, but I truly do not understand what Mykelti sees in him. So unattractive on every single level. She must have been so desperate to get married to hitch herself to him. And no snark here, but they’ve both gotten bigger, right? 

It’s all those damn tacos!

• Love 11

Mari's eyebrows are very distracting. After the brouhaha last season I thought she might learn to style her brows better. Also, she's gained a lot of weight. Why is Meri confiding in her ex-husband's new wife?

• Love 12

Meri approached the whole B&B situation the wrong way. She was all giggles and "cool, awesome!" and wanting the home back. She should have said yeah, I want my family home back but the town has no other lodging and we have a chance to improve it's visibility so it can make some money for us. She should also promise to give up that financial black hole called LuLaRoe and sink her money into the B&B. She could also stop spending all that time on horrible leggings and instead spend it on the new business. I wonder why the place was only at 20-30% occupancy. Wonder if Meri even thought to ask.

Lasagna Fest: The look on Mama Tony's face when Christine said that Mykelti blamed Satan for all the bad things she did as a child-priceless. I was also so sick of Kody's voice within 5 minutes of the show starting I almost switched channels.

Venue Shopping: Let's see, Maddie had 125 guests at a destination wedding (where the majority of the guests already lived). Shabby chic decor that she made. M&FT want to have 400 guests (plus or minus, who knows because they may bring friends or kids or 12 packs) at a St. George site where most of the guests live, they want specialty street tacos (10 per guest) at five stations, lights every where, floating lanterns, full size pinatas, blah blah blah. And we haven't even heard about the dress, cake, flowers, etc. Yeah, I think the parents need to tell the kid announcing the engagement what the budget is the minute the announcement is made. Any delusions of grandeur is on their own dime.

This is going to be a long season.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, jaybird2 said:

how is meri going to pay for the b&b?

She should pay for it by selling her Las Vegas house. She's likely going to spend at least half her time at the B&B anyway. When she's in Las Vegas she can live with Janelle who only has two kids left at home.

59 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

HATE Toni and Mykelti is getting there quickly.   Two self entitled barely employed children strutting in with their demands.  It’s really just absurd because we all know Kody and clan can not afford any of what they are showing us. 

So much hate right now. 

But they're Tee-Vee stars! I've never seen two people more impressed with themselves for no reason than Mykelti and Tony. 

8 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

Maybe I’m overthinking it, but Pawn Shop Chris struck me as being very odd.  His first question for Fat Tony and Mykelti is, “Have you had any fights?”  Really?  Also, they’re that concerned about him bringing up inappropriate topics during the ceremony, like “sperm and egg” (his words)?  So weird.

Agree that Chris seemed odd, but I think that's why he's friends with M & T who are worse. You know those people who love to hear the sound of their own voice because they think they are so funny, witty and clever, but really they're just odd and abrasive, that's M&T. I do have to say, they're perfect for each other in that way.

• Love 22

Is this a 10 year old's birthday party?  These two are ridiculous children and this wedding must have cost a fortune.  

Eta: I hate that this show is making agree with Kody.  I agree with him on the B&B and that just pisses me off.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 23

I thought the same thing. Set a budget and plan a wedding around it. Kody will be footing the bill for a bunch more of these child bride marriages and needs to put a cap on the finances --tell the kids to either be reasonable or find a way to pay the difference themselves. Better yet, encourage your kids to be functioning adults before they even think about marrying someone. Oh, and the really offensive idea of bashing a bride and groom pinata is further confirmation that these two need to step back from the wedding, go back to school, and develop some emotional and intellectual maturity.

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

I thought the same thing. Set a budget and plan a wedding around it. Kody will be footing the bill for a bunch more of these child bride marriages and needs to put a cap on the finances --tell the kids to either be reasonable or find a way to pay the difference themselves. Better yet, encourage your kids to be functioning adults before they even think about marrying someone. Oh, and the really offensive idea of bashing a bride and groom pinata is further confirmation that these two need to step back from the wedding, go back to school, and develop some emotional and intellectual maturity.

When they look back on this wedding if they’re still together, I’m almost positive they’re going to say what were we thinking!

• Love 4

Just a few shallow couch observations:

Robin is so pale. Does she ever go outside? She looks like a freakin vampire. 

Janelle is fat as ever.

Meri is orange as ever.

Christine is looking wrinkly and old in the face. She really needs to start moisturizing if it's not too late

When Kody put his head down you can see how badly thinning his hair on top is getting. Don't put your head down Kody if you want us to think you have such beautiful flowing locks. 

• Love 20

These people are so boring! I just watched 10 minutes about seating arrangements. Why do I make myself suffer watching these horrible people? I was really hoping this show was not coming back, because I cannot look away.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

I'll give Meri some credit, a BNB is a much better idea than that idiotic SW closet or any of Janelle's "fitness" schemes.

I agree. That’s doesn’t make it a great idea, but it’s better than any of that other crap that was  gleefully entered without experience or business plans but no one cared. Even though I don’t think it’s a good idea, it bothers me that it isn’t Meri’s mistake to make. Her kid is grown and she’s divorced. Kody clearly doesn’t want her. So she should be able to go create this new life or fail at it without their approval. They are against it because she wouldn’t be there all the time even though they don’t actually care if she’s there or not. 

• Love 11