Type keyword(s) to search

Unspoiled Spec: "$40k, someone long dead is resurrected."

• Start Topic

Curtis has a secret and supposedly worked undercover with th Baltimore PD. What if his secret is that he wasn't busting a drug ring, he was running it? And he was Jordan's first bust while SHE worked undercover.

• Love 1

My dream spec is that there's a rewrite of Shawn being TJ's dad and that Curtis knows AJ is actually his dad. Curtis knew he was a Quartermaine and kept up with them, so he knows who Robert Frank is. He knows everything Robert Frank has done to everyone, including Michael and Jason. Maybe Jordan met AJ while he was away from the Q's during some time offscreen and never said anything because of... reasons?

I just think it makes more sense to have more Quartermaines and anchor Jordan/TJ/Curtis to a nonSonny family.

• Love 1

I think that Sonny will plan to have Julian and or Ava taken out at the Julian/Alexis wedding but of course as all of Sonny plans go wrong, either Kristina or Molly will get shot.

Stop teasing me ! I refuse to get my hopes up that Kristina will one day be collateral damage from Sonny's plots.

I agree that not everyone needs to be related, but generally speaking, most relevant characters do have at least one family member in town. I can't think of too many, that have had storylines in soaps, that never had a sibling/parent/child in town at some point. It's part of the way we begin to care about a character, really. We started caring about Frisco because of Tony, and vice versa. We cared about Julie on DOOL because she was Addie's daughter and they were Hortons.

Even Dr Kevin had his crazy brother Ryan, Mac turned out to be Robert's brother, etc.

I'm okay with tying a character to a family, but they also must prove their worth. I usually don't have a problem with seeing a character go, if they aren't interesting, no matter who they are related to.

they also must prove their worth

That's the problem. Being tied to an existing character doesn't automatically mean we'll care, but that's what the writers bank on. And they let the connection in and of itself do all the work—there's little filling out beyond the relationship. If they aren't going to put any effort into a new character, it may as well be someone with no connections; at least that way we won't be wondering why family members never get together.

A lot of the problem is the pacing on the show—a new character is either shoved down our throats à la Sabrina and Valerie, or he's introduced and we don't see him for six weeks à la Curtis and André (that is the shrink's name, right?). 

• Love 1

I would rather far fewer of the characters were related. It's often not necessary.

Frisco and Tony came on the show at pretty much the same time, so neither character relied on the family connection. Robert had no connections at all when he hit town -- he built a sort of family of friends for his first few years on the show. Same with Holly and Felicia - they knew nobody. Luke was introduced through sister Bobbie, but she started out all alone, as a troublemaking nurse. See also: Karen, Jagger ... and, yeah, Sonny (though I hate to give him credit for anything ....)

Eventually they got some relatives over time, but being the completely unconnected new person in town is something they should do more often. And they really screwed up a lot of what made Sam unique as a character by giving her all this family -- she was supposed to be a scrappy loner!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

Curtis has a secret and supposedly worked undercover with th Baltimore PD. What if his secret is that he wasn't busting a drug ring, he was running it? And he was Jordan's first bust while SHE worked undercover.

I do wonder what the bad blood between Curtis and Jordan is supposed to be, because she gave him the full "You're Bad News" treatment in his first scenes. But he's a cop! And on this show, I want to root for cops automatically, so I don't want a bad backstory.

I'm trying to think of recent GH new characters that were standalones and worked. Sam came to mind. How long was Johnny on before the rest of the Zs? I wouldn't say Sean was that successful, but he lasted a while. Yeah, we could do with more standalones.

• Love 1

Johnny's backstory was probably the only mob story I ever liked, but that could be 80% BB's portrayal. I liked the touches of him playing the piano and what not. It was different than what we got with Sonny, who seems so uneducated and hates everyone with an education. (My theory on why he hates AJ is that AJ is tall, has a father, and an education, well, and is Jason's brother by blood.) I don't feel many of the characters now are given touches like that unless the actor thinks to do it. The Curtis actor has this thing. He adds a spark.

• Love 3

My speculation is ratings-wise. I think the winter will be fine -- cold weather, people giving the storylines a chance, and some fans excited by the potential of returning characters -- will keep them within striking distance of last year's ratings. But I predict a spring just as bad this past one. Demos hovering in the that cellar zone of 360,000 to 420,000.  Come spring break time in March, goodbye 500,000+ demos.

By then fans will be exasperated at the dragging of storylines, of too little "happening," and the stringing along of fans with the vets who won't be invested in.  And there'll probably a Luke return that no one wants at this point.

• Love 1

I think Spring will actually have lower ratings, which will lead to a lower Summer. The writers/Frank will think the solution is to jump head first into more Corinthos, Morgan/Kiki/Morgan's pills, and Franco/Nina/Liz. I actually think (not saying I like it ) that the next triangle will be Franco/Nina/Liz. Luke will probably be dragged back into PC in the Fall in a misguided attempt to pick up the failing ratings (TG also needs his summer vacay). I think by Winter 2017 the ratings will drop so low that we'll have a new head writer. The only hope, imo, for GH is to just give it to Shonda Rhimes. She's not perfect, but she can run a better show than these clowns.

Luke will probably be dragged back into PC in the Fall in a misguided attempt to pick up the failing ratings (TG also needs his summer vacay).

I have a feeling Tony will be back taping in May. That way ABC will pay for his ticket to come to LA and he can attend the daytime emmy awards. For whatever reason, he seems to care about these things, and since he put his name in for consideration, he'll likely make the effort to show up for ceremony.  

But, yeah, he used to take off immediately after the emmys, so I don't anticipate he'll be around for the summer.

• Love 1

I'm sure in three days TG can tape a month of episodes. That's enough to ruin any progress made with Laura, Lulu, or Tracy.

Instead of doing things this show should be doing- building actual compelling stories with good characterization featuring characters that are rootable and/or watchable, cutting losses on characters not working and cutting screentime on failed stories, and only bringing back necessary characters, the show will continue to rely on cheap quick fixes.

• Love 4

I am confused. Is Parker the professor, and Kristina had a lesbian affair with her? Or is Parker a male professor and the woman who showed up at the door his wife? Or is that woman the wife of a female professor Parker? I am totally lost. And did Professor Parker lose his/her job over this, and that's why he/she is blackmailing Kristina? Krissy needs to 'fess up to Alexis STAT. And whatever the hell is going on, Sonny is going to blow a fuse when he finds out.

I have two thoughts on this.

One, Parker and Kristina had an affair and the wife found out. She told Parker to report Kristina to the ethics board or she'd divorce Parker. But Parker still has feelings for Kristina.

Or:

Parker and Kristina had an ONS/affair and someone else found out. Parker reported Kristina to the ethics board to save her job and hid the whole thing from her wife.

• Love 2

Parker is a female professor and is the person who showed up at Alexis's door. Kristina was failing a class (or something along those lines) and proffered sex for a passing grade. The professor said she'd report Kristina, and Kristina countered with telling Parker's wife. That's where things stand now.

Edited by dubbel zout

Parker is a female professor and is the person who showed up at Alexis's door. Kristina was failing a class (or something along those lines) and proffered sex for a passing grade. The professor said she'd report Kristina, and Kristina countered with telling Parker's wife. That's where things stand now.

That's the story as it stands so far; but I think there's more to it, hence my spec above.

I wonder what Helena is leaving Laura?  And I hope Tracy being tired yesterday means a story for JE. A story for HER, not one where she has a mysterious illness and it's all about Sam and Jake figuring it out and saving the day. But the weird "spaghetti against the wall" way these people write, it probably means nothing.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

Laura probably gets an envelope, the contents of which we'll never find out, à la Luke's letter. Though I'd love it if it were something along the lines of "You were totes stupid to think I could actually curse you. It was all a joke!"

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

That struck me as so odd. It was out of place in the scene so I figured it had to be a set-up for something. In any case, I'm sure it will suck, like everything else!

I'm guessing that if her being tired is going to lead to anything, it will be a medical story that facilitates a reveal that Hayden is her daughter.  

• Love 4

It never really hit me until that scene with Carly telling Kiki, "You [and Morgan] bring out the best and the worst in each other" that Kiki/Morgan as Sonny and Carly: The Next Generation is what they're going for. I was not even half-kidding when I wrote in the episode thread "headstrong blond woman who does whatever she wants, bipolar asshole with bad hair..."

So I'm expecting, now that Morgan has thrown his pills in the garbage and is drinking, we're going to get a lot of scenes of Kiki turning to Carly for guidance, and Carly telling her to be brave and strong, if you love a man like this you have to love him with your whole heart and not just a piece of it, blah blah blah. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2

I think my favorite Carly quote ever was early on in LW's tenure, Carly was talking to one character about another and she goes "I have great instincts". They then flashed to the character she was talking about to show she was 100% wrong about this character.

• Love 2

I'm guessing that if her being tired is going to lead to anything, it will be a medical story that facilitates a reveal that Hayden is her daughter.  

I'd like that, but I think most likely it's going to be a dementia storyline.

While I wouldn't mind a cancer story where Hayden is revealed to be her kid, I think a dementia storyline has so much more long term potential.

Especially when you consider that Tracy Q is such, for lack of a better word, a cerebral character. Her sharp mind, her quick wit-they define her as much as her decades long battles with her family. Faced with losing even part of her mental faculties could be stunning material for JE.

Then I remember who is writing this, and I get chills-and not in a good way. Never thought I'd say this-I miss Bob Guza. Yes, he seemed to hate most of the Q's(but liked Tracy, I think), and he wrote Sam, Sonny, Jason, Carly, Courtney, like they were the bestest people ever. But the man could tell a story, and knew how to write a coherent beginning, middle, and end. AND-he could write good dramatic material when he wanted to.

When I think of what he *could* do with such a story,, and what *they* will do-it's sad.

I'm hearing Wally is coming back though....if true, Tracy is definitely ill in some form, I think.

I think ME could actually pull off being a Cassadine. I guess I'm in the minority on that one.

Edited by IWantCandy71

I can't imagine that they'd make ME a Cassadine, just because I don't think they want to piss off the Caleb/Livvie shippers.  I can just so easily see them treating them the same way they treat the remaining Liason fanbase - keep giving them little bits to string them along, but never really give them a payoff.  (Of course, that will piss them off, too, but this regime is not really clear on that concept, so...)  Even if they have zero intention of pairing KeMo and ME up, I think they'll want to leave that hope dangling out there for their fans. 

Valentin isn't that close a relative, is he? If he and Sam are third cousins or something, I don't see a problem. Even if they're closer, it would less gross than Nik marrying the woman he had shot. And this is coming from someone who wants no part of incest stories.

Edited by dubbel zout

Valentin isn't that close a relative, is he? If he and Sam are third cousins or something, I don't see a problem. Even if they're closer, it would less gross than Nik marrying the woman he had shot. And this is coming from someone who wants no part of incest stories.

True.  But, unless they get thrown into some potential thing right off the bat, I'd imagine their fans would take them being related as a slap. 

Speaking of, do we have any idea when ME is coming back? I'll admit I'm curious to see what his new character will be. It's like a car wreck, I just can't look away!

I think this is what they should do with him:

JULIAN: Alexis, I've gotten you a very special surprise.

ALEXIS: Oh?

JULIAN: My old friend Gus. He's a most excellent lover. I think he'll add a lot to our lovemaking sessions!

ALEXIS: Oh Julian!

(GUS, aka MICHAEL EASTON, enters)

JULIAN: Okay, Gus, you're the hotel manager, and I'm Tristan, the bell boy, and you've just caught me in an inappropriate scenario with the hotel guest, who is Alexis.

GUS (appears deeply uncomfortable)

(stares)

(stares)

FRANK: Come on Michael, we have 6 more episodes to tape today!

WILLIAM: It's okay Michael, we're all gonna have great chemistry. Daytime first's menage a trois with characters all over 50!

MICHAEL: I'm not over 50.

WILLIAM: . . . oh.

MICHAEL: Neither are you.

WILLIAM: Yeah well I was just trying to make you feel better. Also, Nancy forces me to pretend I'm older than her.

NANCY: Damn straight. Also, don't you dare think of having better chemistry with Will than I do, Michael. Don't even try to generate any chemistry with him! With me you can though! But not with him! Can you balance that in our love scene?

MICHAEL: Don't generate chemistry. Got it.

---

I'm only half-kidding! :)

• Love 8

I'd rather see ME sing, dance, eat a banana, comb his hair, blow kisses to his reflection, and wear women's clothes, over seeing anything with NLG/Will DeWhatever in it. I cannot believe GH has sunken this low, that this pairing is getting sweeps attention.

• Love 4

I'd rather see ME sing, dance, eat a banana, comb his hair, blow kisses to his reflection, and wear women's clothes, over seeing anything with NLG/Will DeWhatever in it. I cannot believe GH has sunken this low, that this pairing is getting sweeps attention.

Speaking of, I wonder what Channing Dungey thinks about Harriett Tubman and that tunnel she dug?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2