Type keyword(s) to search

Unspoiled Spec: "$40k, someone long dead is resurrected."

• Start Topic

The out-of-nowhere return of Avery to Sonny and the big push of Sonny/Carly as awesome parents and Avery as their "daughter" definitely felt and feels like the network steering the show in the direction they want.

What's that ? Cancellation ?
  • Love 2
I don't think MB/Sonny are as unpopular as they are here. But nor do I think, after 15 years of growing worse and worse, are they the solution to lowering ratings like the showrunners seem to think.

Agreed.  I think with September here, the ratings will go up.  But putting on my prognosticator's hat, I think the 18-49 demo with peak around 520,000 with Sonny and the mob back at the forefront and with Franco, Nina, Ava, Julian, and Kiki still being featured.  520,000 is only 25,000 higher than GH's all-time low before the summer began. So, it'll be in the cellar for the show, barring the Summer of Suck™ that so many fans called right when this summer began.

If this show doesn't re-invent itself soon or at least return 1/3rd of it to GH: Espionage and resolve the Robin is kidnapped situation, it's going to be an Autumn of Apathy.*

*Working title.

• Love 5

Here's how I think the Jakeson reveal will happen:

Jake and Liz are standing at the altar (possibly with Patrick and Sam as a double wedding), and when it's time for Liz to say, "I, Elizabeth, take you, Jake"…she says "Jason" instead. She tries to play it off, but it triggers Hayden's memory and she busts Liz AND Nik.

• Love 4

Here's how I think the Jakeson reveal will happen:

Jake and Liz are standing at the altar (possibly with Patrick and Sam as a double wedding), and when it's time for Liz to say, "I, Elizabeth, take you, Jake"…she says "Jason" instead. She tries to play it off, but it triggers Hayden's memory and she busts Liz AND Nik.

Helena shows up because reasons and shoots Liez because Helena. 

• Love 2

Agreed.  I think with September here, the ratings will go up.  But putting on my prognosticator's hat, I think the 18-49 demo with peak around 520,000 with Sonny and the mob back at the forefront and with Franco, Nina, Ava, Julian, and Kiki still being featured.  520,000 is only 25,000 higher than GH's all-time low before the summer began. So, it'll be in the cellar for the show, barring the Summer of Suck™ that so many fans called right when this summer began.

If this show doesn't re-invent itself soon or at least return 1/3rd of it to GH: Espionage and resolve the Robin is kidnapped situation, it's going to be an Autumn of Apathy.*

*Working title.

I had forgotten that I had written this!

Dang, if the demos ratings that are published this week (for last week) go down, I'll have hit the mark right on the head. If they go up significantly, though, I'm screwed.  But I'm already screwed watching this show, so whatever.

I'm starting to get the impression we're going to end up with a Nathan/Valerie pairing.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Aren't the actors dating in real life?

Are they? And if so, haven't showrunners everywhere learned by now that off-screen couples make for poor on-screen chemistry (at least most of the time)?

I actually think the best chemistry RP has shown is in his scenes with her.  Maybe he works better with a little conflict than the schmoopy stuff?  He just seems to have a little more life to him. 

• Love 2

Are they? And if so, haven't showrunners everywhere learned by now that off-screen couples make for poor on-screen chemistry (at least most of the time)?

I don't think anyone knows for sure. If they are, they are keeping it pretty low-key. I did see a recent picture and he was hanging out with her on her birthday (as were Haley Erin and Robert Watkins) so like I said, maybe. They forgot to call me and specifically tell me, can you believe? :Jason headshake of disdain:

• Love 3

Okay, so if the rumors about Kimberly McCullough coming back are true and if it is to help usher Patrick off screen and give Scrubs their happily ever after, how about this:

Patrick and Sam are getting ready to say their vows when the real Patrick comes running through the door holding Robin's hand. He has been held hostage for the past years with Robin and Sam is marrying his twin/doppleganger. Robert rescued them and they grab Emma and blow town, absolutely amazed that no one realized that fake Patrick had taken his place and no one noticed.

Also, Anna was assisting Robert by putting on a big show of supporting the fake Patrick so she could keep Emma safe until Robert rescued her parents.

• Love 6
They aren't going to allow Sam to look like an idiot and they need her to be torn.

If anyone is going to understand dumping an almost-spouse at the altar for a suddenly-alive one, it's Patrick.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

If anyone is going to understand dumping an almost-spouse at the altar for a suddenly-alive one, it's Patrick.

True. But, speaking for myself, I am not interested in seeing Patrick let his ~one true love most beautiful woman Sammy~ go out of his understanding selfless heart and then settle back with Robin because she's there. No thank you. If KMc comes back for THAT, I can't.

• Love 2

Maybe he and Liz can be in the same group counseling?

Patrick is fucked up - but he is nowhere NEAR Liz's level of cray-cray. After Sam slaps the shit out of her, she needs a nice long stay in Ferncliffe or Shadybrooke or wherever. Maybe then she can break her cycle of being a passive-aggressive witch and wanting what she can't have where the opposite sex is concerned. (Been a pattern of hers forever now.)

• Love 4

Patrick is fucked up - but he is nowhere NEAR Liz's level of cray-cray.

Hmm. Are we sure about this? I mean, he knows Victor threatened Robin to save Jason, he knows Victor ordered Rafe to run his car off the road to keep Robin in line, he knows Robin's work is what revived Helena, he knows Robin would never be out of contact with her mother or daughter for over a year, yet nothing! No concern! No questions! A lot of ignorance to keep his family with Sam intact. Sounds very Liz-like. :P

• Love 2

I feel SO bad for Liz fans. I can't say that enough.

I mean, I have seen a decent amount of Liz fans say they're happy she's at least getting airtime now. I still feel bad though, being a Liz fan myself of sorts, and being a character fan first more than an actor fan first.

• Love 6

That's interesting that some are happy with this. 'Cause I appreciate Becky. I'm glad she's getting airtime and she's doing a great job. But I can't imagine this would be fun to watch if I was a LizFF. That's just me.

• Love 2

That's interesting that some are happy with this. 'Cause I appreciate Becky. I'm glad she's getting airtime and she's doing a great job. But I can't imagine this would be fun to watch if I was a LizFF. That's just me.

to be fair though, what has been fun to watch as a LizFF, since, like, 2008? Maybe the brief interludes with Matt and AJ. So I can imagine a lot of fans who have stuck around for just her so far consider this better than not getting to watch her do anything. But yeah, overall I am at your table on this one.

• Love 1

to be fair though, what has been fun to watch as a LizFF, since, like, 2008? Maybe the brief interludes with Matt and AJ. So I can imagine a lot of fans who have stuck around for just her so far consider this better than not getting to watch her do anything. But yeah, overall I am at your table on this one.

I just always feel like Liz is forever the loser whenever Jason enters the picture. I never liked them together, and I have my own reasons for that (mainly bc this show tried to convince me Jason >>> Lucky and I don't accept that shit, ever), but it has never done any favors for her character.

• Love 1

I just always feel like Liz is forever the loser whenever Jason enters the picture. I never liked them together, and I have my own reasons for that (mainly bc this show tried to convince me Jason >>> Lucky and I don't accept that shit, ever), but it has never done any favors for her character.

I totally agree, and for the same exact reasons. :) I have never liked Liason, ever ever. They have chemistry but I disliked and later hated Jason post 1999.

• Love 1
Agreed.  I think with September here, the ratings will go up.  But putting on my prognosticator's hat, I think the 18-49 demo with peak around 520,000

I'm tooting my own horn. Cuz I can. And cuz I'm having a shitty night otherwise.

Only 1,000 off. Them's some bragging rights, if I do say so myself.

I haven't had hunch about anything in awhile. Bu I think that the newly cast psychiatrist is for Jordan.  They'll have an attempt at a meet cute at Kelly's, and they'll strike up a flirtation.  The doc will treat Anna, only to have Anna finally take him into his confidence.  Then the doc will have the pressure of keeping from Jordan Anna's secret about killing Carlos and the dead body recently found not being Carlos.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

RC stuck the new writers with so many shitty stories.

Anna's a killer, Liz is an obsessive psycho, Maxie is dating an inanimate object, Samtrick are podpersons, Nik is romancing a woman he tried to murder, Dante is a cousin fucker, Nina/Kiki/Franco exist.

Did he leave them anything that wasn't complete garbage?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

I can't decide who I want to publicly expose Liz, but I know I don't want it to be Laura, Nik, Hayden, or Spinelli. I want it to be someone unpredictable. Like Aiden frees himself from the basement just in time to spill it.

• Love 4

Her precious spawn with Jason doing it would be great for me but I also wouldn't be opposed to Sam finding out the truth right before the Jiz wedding is about to start and exposing her in front of everyone. Hayden doing it would be bad either but the schadenfreude wouldn't be as great. 

• Love 3

Pshhaw. I want Liz full on batshit in her tattered wedding gown, roaming the streets for days, while Zombie plots the deaths of people. It's a fitting end to a kid fathered by an emotional train wreck and a robot hitman, spirtited away to a weird island of not dead people.

Whatever happens, Idgaf about Carly or Sonny's reactions. But I fear I'll see them.

• Love 2

Pshhaw. I want Liz full on batshit in her tattered wedding gown, roaming the streets for days, while Zombie plots the deaths of people. It's a fitting end to a kid fathered by an emotional train wreck and a robot hitman, spirtited away to a weird island of not dead people.

Whatever happens, Idgaf about Carly or Sonny's reactions. But I fear I'll see them.

I would tune back-in for Liz to, every time someone started to call her out for keeping the Jasus secret, threw that person's own bullshit back in their face.

For example, when Carly starts in with her screaming histrionics, Liz could throw what she did to Tony & Bobbie and later almost marrying her son's rapist back in her fave.

What would really be gold is if Liz got to say to people to their face what she said to Nik when she learned the secret: that everyone in town does horrible things and never pays for them.

What would be even better is if she read everyone for filth, going one-by-one (with Becky doing an epic monologue), and then right before she gets to Patrick the audience but not the characters see Robin come into the scene. Then Liz goes off on Patrick about not giving a damn where the mother of his child is.

If Rachel was up for it, it'd be amazing if Audrey was there pleading with Elizabeth to stop, and then she could be the one to see and exclaim "Robin!".

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

Liz doesn't even care about Robin, though. But I agree that someone should tell Patrick he's a douchebag who uses women.

Sabrina? Maybe. But Sam? No. Both are half assing it there as far as I'm concerned. They're using each other. So that seems equal to me.

And I give no shits about Purina, so... Sometimes bias serves me well.

• Love 2

What would be even better is if she read everyone for filth, going one-by-one (with Becky doing an epic monologue), and then right before she gets to Patrick the audience but not the characters see Robin come into the scene. Then Liz goes off on Patrick about not giving a damn where the mother of his child is.

Who the hell is Liez to accuse anyone of not caring about Robin? Keeping Jason's identity a secret after everything Robin has been through proves she doesn't give a damn about her either. Liez can have a motherfucking seat.

• Love 5

I would tune back-in for Liz to, every time someone started to call her out for keeping the Jasus secret, threw that person's own bullshit back in their face.

For example, when Carly starts in with her screaming histrionics, Liz could throw what she did to Tony & Bobbie and later almost marrying her son's rapist back in her fave.

What would really be gold is if Liz got to say to people to their face what she said to Nik when she learned the secret: that everyone in town does horrible things and never pays for them.

Other people doing bad things isn't much of an excuse for Liez. No one puts those people up on a pedestal the way they do her. No one (except Alexis) is surprised when criminals act like criminals, Carly can be a bitch so no one is surprised when she acts like a bitch, etc etc. Liez tries to pass herself off as being morally superior and "above it" when she's really trash like everyone else and should be treated as such. Sure, maybe she's never called herself an innocent, sweet "good girl" but that's because she doesn't have to. She lets other people, usually men, do it for her. The fall from grace is much higher and harder for people like her. 

• Love 2

Liz doesn't even care about Robin, though. But I agree that someone should tell Patrick he's a douchebag who uses women.

I'll admit I don't pay full attention to anything on this show lately, but has there been any indication that Liz knows any more about Robin than what she's been told by Patrick?  She doesn't know that Robin is being held anywhere.  She knows (I think) that Robin was held at the time she was off trying to revive Jason and the other popsicles.  But, I have seen no indication that she knows anything beyond "Robin left town after she got out of the clinic because she wanted to get away from all the shit that had happened."  If Patrick, Anna, and Mac don't think there's anything up, I don't see how Liz can have any idea.  Does Nik even know that his grandmother had anything to do with Robin being gone this time around?  

Having said that, I don't want to see Liz go off on Patrick.  But not because she is somehow remotely in the know as to what is up with Robin now, but because I like the Liz/Patrick friendship.  I don't see either having a real reason to go off on the other when all this falls apart.  Liz keeping Jakeson's identity a secret isn't what's inevitably going to blow up Patrick's relationship with Sam.  It's the reveal that he's Jason that will (most likely) blow that relationship up.  It's not like Sam and Patrick would have been fine and dandy if Liz would have come clean any time in the past 5 months.  These two have been nothing but human speedbumps to the "greatest wuv story ever told" for the better part of this year.  I don't need to see their friendship destroyed in the process, as well.  Let the Borg and his bride go back to hanging out in the penthouse in their color-coordinated all black outfits and sniffle and blink, but at least leave one of the very few genuine friendships on this show in tact.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 4