Type keyword(s) to search

Unspoiled Spec: "$40k, someone long dead is resurrected."

• Start Topic

I hate RC's creations so much that I'd be willing to accept that they just all disappeared one day, never to be heard from again. No explanation needed. I will let it slide. I'd probably only keep Ava (because I like MW) because there's potential sans Denise, Sabrina -- she's not bad with Michael and she could work at the new clinic, and she's a nurse. And I would keep Jordan, because she's not that offensive to me and she's a black woman and they are rare enough on soaps. And quite frankly, she's a far better representation than Epiphany. 

Can we use the hospital more as a character, please? There are five doctors on this show yet we never see Obrecht anymore (thank goodness), Monica is non-existent, Silas is never seen working anymore or hardly at all, Patrick has become a ghost with no POV. I wouldn't even know he was a neurosurgeon unless I knew that information previously, and we only see Lucas once every six weeks.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think with Nathan they will probably keep him, but his future will depend on how he pulls it off if they actually give him a story that requires a bit more drama than what he's done so far.

I would have Obrecht accidentally kill him herself while up to no good, possibly while trying to cover her tracks on involvement in Robin's latest abduction. That's their exit story. She can always come back sometime and cause trouble on a recurring basis.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

I'm probably alone in this, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. O take one last shot at Anna as an exit story, just so I could get Kathleen Gati and Finola Hughes in scenes together one last time.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm probably alone in this, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. O take one last shot at Anna as an exit story, just so I could get Kathleen Gati and Finola Hughes in scenes together one last time.

Oh, Anna would be there.

Honestly, though, what I would prefer is for Robin to get out, make a beeline for GH, arrive at the hub off the elevator and knock out Obrecht there herself in front of everyone. I think that sends a clear statement to the audience.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

I think KG is a an excellent actress, but Dr O grates. At the very least she needs to be demoted from CoS. What a joke. She has never paid for her crimes and she's a part of Ron's Westbourne nightmare. I hate that family. Maybe if they got rid of her kin and toned her down and made her a real villain (not a cartoon) that has to answer for her shit, I could love to hate her.

• Love 3

Dr. O needs to leave, I'm sorry. Preferably killed off or sent to prison or maybe Anna can stick her in a hole in the ground. She represents everything bad about Ron's GH, that the evil characters succeed and that actors (aka KG, RH, MW) stick around 'cause they're good---even though their characters were written into black holes they can't get out of.

• Love 10
(edited)

I think the new writers could actually use Dr. O to explain away a lot of Ron's shit. She could have been putting hallucinogenic drugs into the food or something.

Her Franco love could be explained as having accidentally dosing herself.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Oh, Anna would be there.

Honestly, though, what I would prefer is for Robin to get out, make a beeline for GH, arrive at the hub off the elevator and knock out Obrecht there herself in front of everyone. I think that sends a clear statement to the audience.

As much as I loved the Obrecht in the beginning and still love Kathleen Geti, Robin decking the crap out of her would be a hoot.

• Love 4

As much as I loved the Obrecht in the beginning and still love Kathleen Geti, Robin decking the crap out of her would be a hoot.

Not just a hoot, but needed and deserved. Then Obrecht can go to prison. Or die. I'll accept either outcome as long as Obrecht is gone, never to be seen or heard from again. Especially since she doesn't deserve to be COS at the hospital.

• Love 1

Not just a hoot, but needed and deserved. Then Obrecht can go to prison. Or die. I'll accept either outcome as long as Obrecht is gone, never to be seen or heard from again. Especially since she doesn't deserve to be COS at the hospital.

I really need that bitch to find out Faison has been killed.  Like, that freak is dead for good this time.  And then she gets dragged off to prison, wailing, but nobody feels bad for her.

Yeah, that might bring me back from the Barge for a bit .... 

• Love 3

I predict that a huge tornado will hit Port Charles. There will be deaths- Franco, Madeline, Felix, Milo, Brad, and insert other character. There will be comas- Cameron, Lucy, insert character here. There will be "shocking" returns- Robin, Jason revealed, AJ being alive, and insert character here. There will be people in jail forever - Dr. O, Ava, insert other character.

They don't exactly have a huge character they can pull out of their asses, so they'll just blow the town away till they get rid of all the mistakes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roger Howarth return after they kill Franco as Stephen Lars. They could just bill it as "Roger Howarth returns! " I also expect some stunt casting.

• Love 1
(edited)

I suppose they could still work, if forced, but the cartoon villains just need to pay and / or need to be retired,  I think.    

The moral balance on this show has been so skewed at this point that the villains (not just Sonny's gummy-bear mob anymore --- torturers and outright terrorists and serial killers)  live it up while the doctors / nurses / cops / normal people are made incompetent, victimized, or turned inexplicably bad or stupid.   The show won't be satisfying for me again until some of these villains just face their just desserts and go away.    

I'd rather have new villains and new challenges for characters I actually like and are allowed to be smart.  I never need to see Helena, Jerry, Faison, Obrecht, Stavros again.  They've had enough resurrections and there is nothing interesting or humanizing about them (IMHO) anymore.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 7

I'd rather have new villains and new challenges for characters I actually like and are allowed to be smart.  I never need to see Helena, Jerry, Faison, Obrecht, Stavros again.  They've had enough resurrections and there is nothing interesting or humanizing about them (IMHO) anymore.  

Yeah. The only time I would want to see Faison is if Anna visited him in prison for information or something.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Obrecht can and should do periodic stints, but they have to be short and she has to be dark and dangerous, not just camp and misunderstood. And before that, Robin has to get her own back against Liesl. She has to pay, Robin has to win, and the moral scale has to be righted.

Faison they can keep in a Hannibal Lecter-style glass cell for the occasional appearance until such time as you have a big wrap-up adventure for the show, then let him run amok and let Anna kill him.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I think the type of "villain" the show needs is something closer to AMC's David Hayward or PC's Chris Ramsey - a rascally doctor who schemes to advance themselves in their career or for money or to get the girl, but isn't raping or SERIAL KILLING anybody.

YES.   Someone amoral and scheming, but not out and out crazy pants psycho.

Or, you can have a crazy pants psycho, but not FIVE at a time and then find the worst contrivance ever to write them out of their self-made corner and ask me to find them "fun."  

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm pretty much on board with anything that fixes the Anna character.

Actually, can that whole mess with killing Carlos, ghost Carlos and sleeping with Sloane be a terrible, anti-depressant-accidental-overdose fueled nightmare she had in her grief over Duke?  And we just never see Sloane again?        Sloane lifts right out, right??  

Also, please can she go look for her kid already.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4

In terms of Ron and Frank creations I think Franco, Nina, Ava, Silas, Kiki, Obrecht, Madeline, Valerie, Julian, and maybe Nathan are all in jeopardy. I have no real issue with any of them going at this point. I also worry about Anna, Laura, etc.'s futures. I think Sabrina could easily hit the dust without Ron, though I like the Michael/Sabrina romance - it wouldn't change the world if it ended, though.

I'd also cut Jordan, and some others.

Julian wasn't created by Frank and Ron. Julian predates Sonny as a GH character, and unless something major happens, and, according to my sources, he's one of the characters the network will mandate they keep. He is part of one of the only pairings that consistently gets good feedback and scores well in focus groups.

(edited)

I want Alexis and Julian to get wrapped up in some kind of Cassadine craziness because their "I want you, Julian!  But you're in the mob, Julian!  But I want you, Julian!" act is stale and I think Julian could be fun reacting to the Cassadine brand of weirdness (a la his reaction to Helena).

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
(edited)

I can see Julian saying just because Alexis and Julian are popular.     I just wish they'd made this actor be a scheming but charming doctor at the hospital.  Maybe Alexis met him while defending a malpractice suit ...  sparks and ethical questions fly as Alexis and NotJulian HotDoctor contemplate fucking like bunnies!

Anything but more freaking mob shenanigans.   And now that he's responsible for Duke dying, he's pretty much ruined (and yes, I know Duke had lost his soul and was basically ruined at the end, too).

Edited by SlovakPrincess

So let WdV be Derek Wells, Julian's half-brother and have Vincent irizarry as Julian Jerome. He can face off against Anna, compete with Sonny, get to know his children and END UP IN JAIL.

• Love 1

So let WdV be Derek Wells, Julian's half-brother and have Vincent irizarry as Julian Jerome. He can face off against Anna, compete with Sonny, get to know his children and END UP IN JAIL.

It's far too late for that. WdV has been Julian for far too long, like it or not. And the pitfall of VI/FH and depending on chemistry that may not exist with VI as another character is risky, too. Stephen Nichols/Mary Beth Evans and Nancy Lee Grahn/Lane Davies have proven that on GH as it is.

• Love 2

I thought NLG and Lane Davies worked on GH, really - Cameron, Luke's sarcastic shrink, etc. It was the weird, muddled backstory (Zander, and blaming his son for the other kid dying) that became a donkey show.

• Love 2

I thought NLG and Lane Davies worked on GH, really - Cameron, Luke's sarcastic shrink, etc. It was the weird, muddled backstory (Zander, and blaming his son for the other kid dying) that became a donkey show.

Honestly (as a Hee-yuge Mason/Julia fangirl), I thought Cameron/Alexis started quite promisingly. Especially since Zander was a believable link to them since Zander bonded with Alexis before his father's arrival. And...UO, but I thought, initially, the chemistry was still there. 

But like you said, with the fake DID/Dobson shit, the mishandling of Zander [because of Nik/Emily - my opinion], the Baby K custody hot potato garbage, and show politics, not to mention neglect (where C/A would go missing for stretches and start/stop), they were doomed, and the chemistry was squandered.

• Love 2

I didn't realize the chemistry was an UO. I thought they definitely had it, the whole time. And I never watched Santa Barbara.

If I recall, there was some push back because of the whole "one couple paired again on GH" with some viewers, but the initial meeting at the beginning intrigued some. But as Guza had Cam dressing like a lumberjack and acting like an ass to Zander and the whole insertion into the Baby K stuff, many thought they lost chemistry, which is fine. Opinions vary.

But Guza, for all of the rumored reports of him wanting Lane Davies in all the way back wanting him originally for Jerry Jacks (before Julian Stone was cast) seemed to waste LD. Then again, Cameron wasn't in the mob. So there you go.

But Guza, for all of the rumored reports of him wanting Lane Davies in all the way back wanting him originally for Jerry Jacks (before Julian Stone was cast) seemed to waste LD.

Yes, that I recall. And Guza's mob fixation had gone bad by that later point, which is why I think he turned on NLG/Alexis and Davies alongside her.

(edited)

It's far too late for that. WdV has been Julian for far too long, like it or not. And the pitfall of VI/FH and depending on chemistry that may not exist with VI as another character is risky, too. Stephen Nichols/Mary Beth Evans and Nancy Lee Grahn/Lane Davies have proven that on GH as it is.

I think VI/FH could manage adversarial chem - especially if they retcon that he actually killed Duke instead of Carlos. Plus, RC never really bothered to use Julian's history. WdV barely interacted with Anna/Duke and didn't seem to care about either of them. He's terrible at being menacing and he looks like his kids contemporary and he has uncomfortable chem with both of them.

I dunno, I just want a better story for Anna than frat boy Julian and Skeevy ol Sloane

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

I think VI/FH could manage adversarial chem - especially if they retcon that he actually killed Duke instead of Carlos. Plus, RC never really bothered to use Julian's history. WdV barely interacted with Anna/Duke and didn't seem to care about either of them. He's terrible at being menacing and he looks like his kid's contemporary and he has uncomfortable chem with both of them.

I dunno, I just want a better story for Anna than frat boy Julian and Skeevy ol Sloane

I understand. Still, as I said, I think it is far too late for it. And honestly, as thrilled as I am that Ron is gone, I'm not sure Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman, based on past history, would do any better with giving Anna (or anyone else) a good story with their writing, either.

But even dust particles are a step up from RC, so who knows?

• Love 1

RC didn't use Julian's history with Duke and Anna much because he lost interest in it beyond Julian's intro. They had their select story quadrants, Julian's being with Sonny and Alexis and Duke and Anna's being largely none of their own.

• Love 3

When these new writers start contemplating which characters to get rid of I hope they start with the characters Ron created. The overwhelming majority of them are useless or easily expendable. Off the top of my head I think the only characters I'd be interested in keeping are Jordan and TJ. Julian has been useless for awhile but I think he still has potential. If they get rid of him I hope they just let him leave town so Sam, Danny, and Lucas can go visit him. As for the rest of them, fuck 'em.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jordan can die, AFAIC. Her insta-crusade against Sonny is deeply lame and repetitive, not to mention ludicrous after her affair with Shawn, and she's got Anna's chair. We can get more and better characters of color (but probably won't).

Edited by jsbt

I want them to reveal that Jordan is actually a Ward and TJ is a Keesha/Quartermaine spawn. AJ would be ideal, as there's one too many Jasus sons out there. Just say Jordan miscarried and raised Keesha's kid in secret to protect him from Sonny. It'd explain her vendetta against Sonny, too.

I also say just bring VI on as a dastardly doctor/new CoS. Then put him with Anna. They can hook up/flirt/have hot hate sex as they investigate the apparent black market kidneys from the law side and hospital side.

• Love 2

I think that the TJ as a Q ship has sailed, and I am sick of people that at should be completely unrelated to be totally related. I wish they had Michael still be at odds with Sonny, or at least still believe that Sonny is dangerous to children and have TJ work for him and set up at the Brownstone. 

• Love 1
Sloane lifts right out, right??

At least 85 percent of the cast lifts right out, which is a major problem. Sonny is basically the only anchor character, and given what he does, that doesn't work.

I don't want any new actors on the show until the current mess of characters is resolved.

• Love 4

I think Faison & Obrecht could still work if the new writers let them be actual RECURRING villains, and ditch the cartoon buffoonery.

IMO, Dr. O would work if she was locked up and they used her, Hannibal Lector style, where they go to her for information and she does all her mind game crap.

But if she were ever free, Anna -- the not out of character Anna -- would be hunting her Teutonic ass down. And that would get old.

• Love 4

My hope is the first thing the new writers do is get rid of the following characters: Nina, Rosalie, Kiki, Ava/Denise, Sabrina, Madeline, Nathan (sorry, cute doesn't cut it), Obrecht, Felix, Sloan, Franco and Hayden. None of them are necessary or legacy characters - bye bye. Silas can stay because he is a doctor and there could be a potential medical storyline for him. Plus, he is really good at bringing the snark.

Second, Michael realizes that Sabrina was leading her down the wrong road and he reclaims AJ.

Third, Patrick finally gets a clue, dumps Sam and calls Anna (who is off looking for Robin right now - that's my story and I'm sticking to it), and works with Anna and Mac to bring Robin home.

Fourth, I'm perfectly okay with Nikolas embracing his Cassadine side as long as he stays somewhat sane. I can see some over-the-top schemes but nothing as wide spread as freezing the whole world.

Also, I want a pony.

• Love 5

Aiden was on a couple days ago with Lucky.

I noticed that the child playing him, looked a lot like Jonathan. I was just wondering if he was JJ's real son. He did play him as a baby.

• Love 1

It's really hard for me to imagine what the show is going to look like.  The Francs and Neens Variety Hour has swallowed the show whole so if it's theoretically axed, I dunno what's gonna step up and fill that air time.

• Love 1

Usually, any changes from a new regime seem gradual to begin with, but GH is now in serious trouble. And a fair question is if anything from RC's time will actually survive, IMO.

Because, honestly, whether it is the fault of pairings or not, ABC may deem it so. So I can see most pairings up for review and/or on the chopping block [maybe except S&C; ABC seems to love them; why, I have no idea] and, among them, Patrick and Sam eventually splitting with Sam thrown permanently with Jake as he discovers who he is. I think the new regime will try to rehab Liz. Will it be successful is the true question.

Assuming Hayden is here to stay [JP loved Greenlee on AMC, I guess], I think they will claim brain tumor or some garbage with Nik, or mind control, and since there aren't many guys in her age range, I think Nik/Hayden could go a la S&C from hate to love. Or she can be tested with Patrick.

I think Liz needs to be alone, but I can see a recast Lucky coming.

As for everything else, time will tell.

• Love 2