Type keyword(s) to search

Unspoiled Spec: "$40k, someone long dead is resurrected."

• Start Topic

(edited)

They have made such a godforsaken mess of this show that I really don't know how the new writers are going to fix this.

I suspect they'll just make a different kind of crappy show. Perhaps it will be less disturbing and sloppy and terrible than this version. But they'd have to really do some retcon-ing to fix some of this crapola, and they probably won't.

But while we're all still feeling optimistic! Here's what I would certainly appreciate as a showing of good will (assuming I can't get my dream of most of the last 3 years being Robert's nightmare):

- Fix Robin's situation as the absolute first frickin' order of business.

- Let Anna be strong and smart again. Fix the Anna / Robin relationship so I can stop having rage-fits about it. Tell me all of Anna's offscreen time was spent following leads on Robin. This can be a throwaway line, I don't even care at this point. Then give us some scenes of mom and daughter just hanging out and bonding.

- Sloane, Franco, Nina, Kiki, Magda, Dr O ... I need them gone, gone, gone. Heck, I'll even negotiate and let Dr O stay on in some capacity, if we absolutely must. Like, behind bars and rarely seen after Robin gets to kick her in the face a few times.

- Helena must die. It's time.

- Wrap up Jason story now. It's already ruined from being so dragged out.

- Keep Sonny, Carly, Jason screen time to reasonable levels. The impulse will be to scurry back to Guza's playbook in desperation, but I hope they won't.

- Put at least a third of the focus back on the hospital - new characters should be developed there (and once Dr O and Franco are gone, there will be some openings!)

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

I still think Ron did way too much damage. Like, for me, unless they pretend the last few years never happened or just had about 20 characters leave without a word, it's going to be a looooong road to normalcy.

I still think Ron did way too much damage. Like, for me, unless they pretend the last few years never happened or just had about 20 characters leave without a word, it's going to be a looooong road to normalcy.

Both options are probably necessary for the show to be truly good again!

My list above is just what it would take for me to stop openly, hatefully mocking the show, lol...

• Love 1

I'm good with Laura or Tracy waking up and finding out the last however long was a dream and Luke killed himself after almost killing Jake when he hit him whe driving drunk.

Though I'd also be good with someone introducing the show in a few weeks by saying, "We're going to pretend that some of what upuve seen over the past couple of years never happened, okay? We pick it up in PC on the 4th anniversary of Luke's suicide."

• Love 2

They need to just erase Ron's entire tenure on this show. Some of the positive things he did can be re-implemented over time.

They need to just erase Ron's entire tenure on this show. Some of the positive things he did can be re-implemented over time.

• Love 2

And my fear is they're going to waste time trying to "reform" the crappy characters instead of just cleaning house.

I honestly have no idea what writer's trick is even left re: Franco.  They've used "just kidding!" DVD's, a paternity switch, a brain tumor, a cute baby.  What's next, some kind of cuddly pet?

• Love 3

At this point, I'm honestly good with like one episode that has a lot of just full screen explanations, interspersed with a few scenes of key moments.  Like a a few scenes of text explaining how Jason found out who he is, along with quick clips of him talking to people like Sam and Monica for the first time (as Jason), a screen or two explaining that the Q's exposed Nik and got back ELQ, with a scene of Michael and Tracy settling back in to their offices and Nik storming out of a courtroom. Obviously we'd need some explanation that Anna found Robin, along with a scene of her rescuing her.  And then start the next episode with some new story lines.  Some would build off what was just wrapped up - like Jason re-entering life and whether he's Jason Q, Jason Morgan, or some new hybrid.  Personally, I'd start him off as being repulsed by his hit man past and trying to help Anna bring down the mob. 

I know it would seem kind of cheap and lazy, but I feel like sometimes things get so bad that you just need to wipe the slate clean and move on. Don't spend too much time trying to wrap up the crap Ron left you, just move along and do something that viewers will actually tune in for regularly. 

• Love 7
(edited)
I know it would seem kind of cheap and lazy, but I feel like sometimes things get so bad that you just need to wipe the slate clean and move on.

Totally agree. So much of the show is a mess that there's no way to adequately clean things up without doing a major mop up. I think they could also drop some stories with no explanation. Cut Nina/Magda/Ric (sorry, RiH! I love you!) and don't look back. Have Ava show up one day and murder Franco—Denise need not be mentioned ever again.

Soap viewers aren't stupid—there are fans of every story, true, but given where GH is, I think most will give the new writers a decent allowance to change things.

Edited by dubbel zout

I'm generally not a fan of "the last so and so years were all a dream" scenario, because everyone always has a different starting point. If they really wanted to do something like that though, I would go with "the toxic water cure didn't quite take" and it's all been making them go nuts and they all get a new cure and everyone says, all meta like, wow, I can't believe we acted so dumb.

But I would just have most of the Ron creations cut out and have people start acting like they have half a brain from there.

• Love 1

Eh, make the most egregious character assassination (literal and metaphorical) long cons that are being done for the good of all.

Nik and Liz have actually told Jake all about who he really is, but they need him to pretend (at all times! Cassadine bugs could be anywhere) that he doesn't know so that the Cassadine that is holding Emily (recast if she actually shows up, please) and Georgie hostage won't kill them out of hand. They've also clued Sam and Monica in on the story and they are playing along. Besides, he doesn't remember them anyway and EVERYBODY knows what happens when you try to make a clueless Jason remember anything. 

Lucky went along with it because he had to get back to Robin, who would come back to town but she's busy trying to reverse AJs coma after she rescued the both of them from whatever Cassadine facility that they were in. Lucky's totally proud of how Robin saved herself, but is working to keep all of them off the radar until AJ can be brought back. Monica and Michael were both made aware that AJ is alive - that's why Michael decided to give baby AJ back. He's still pissed Sonny tried to kill his dad, but he thawed a bit from the shock of the news. Besides, he hopes that his dad will need his name soon. 

Haydn was actually shot with a tranquilizer and then bundled off somewhere for her own safety. Patrick pretends to check on her every now and then. Jordan made sure that Shawn's actual charge was attempted murder. 

Carly and Sonny, of course, know none of this, because they suck. And really, the storyline where they go absolutely nuts over being kept in the dark could be great. Especially the point where they force Jason back into Quartermaine mode by trying to make him remember and want to be Jason Morgan again. 

Franco and company... the event that will change everything (whatever it is) can wipe them all off the planet. 

• Love 6
(edited)

How do you even tweak the stuff RC has been putting onscreen for the past two years? There was a LOT of Pruza's stuff that I despised but I don't think they managed to do this much damage. Honestly, RC improved GH a good bit when he started by just balancing the stories better and dialing back the mob but the entire show is a clusterfuck right now

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I'm hoping for a tornado. Franco can be found in the rubble of the house that lands on Nina. True love reunited in death and off our fucking screens. The 'nado can also take out Dr. O (tragically dies while saving her favorite tree Nathan) and Kiki. No one mourns. Ever.

• Love 7

I'm hoping for a tornado. Franco can be found in the rubble of the house that lands on Nina. True love reunited in death and off our fucking screens. The 'nado can also take out Dr. O (tragically dies while saving her favorite tree Nathan) and Kiki. No one mourns. Ever.

forget no one mourns. I want a party! Sonny can even be the host. I don't care. Use your powers for good, Sonny.

• Love 4

I've decided I want Faison to be the one to kill O. Make it happen, show!

Except I really don't think it will happen, cause I think Ron was the only one interested in Faison and I don't think they're gonna spring for the cash to get AH to come to L.A. boo!

• Love 4

I'm hoping for a tornado. Franco can be found in the rubble of the house that lands on Nina. True love reunited in death and off our fucking screens ...  No one mourns. Ever.

Make this happen, show. Make. This. Happen!

• Love 3

If they had to salvage RoHo, I would accept a James Franco look-alike (unless the real one feels like fixing the damage he inadvertently created) in a room with Heather giving her a flash drive/dvd/whatever saying he did what she wanted, he got her revenge on [fill in the blank] by messing with their long-lost son [name - new RoHo character] and now he wants her to live up to their bargain by giving him [whatever psychotic thing the new writers can dream up].  This gives RoHo's character a nervous breakdown, taking him off-screen until they can figure out a non-vile way to use him.  The Westbournes can just be dropped.  No one cares.

Or they can just kill Franco - as long as we get a wood chipper scene, I'd be happy. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay, let's list all the ways we've suggested killing Franco:

1) Tornado

2) Sharknado

3) Wood chipper

4) Crane

5) Chandelier

6)  Killer clowns

7) (More graphic than) suffocated, encased in cement & put on display as "modern art"

8) Sid & Nancy'd by Nina (Nina is Sid) (multiple votes)

9) Giant "G" from General Hospital falls on him

Edited to add my personal suggestion, though I'd be ecstatic at any of the suggestions above:

10) Choking to death on a ham bone.

What else would people like to see? 

Edited to add:

Okay, how do I get this list to the new head writers?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm still for the Jeremy Hunter method from Loving - his corpse used as modern art. I wouldn't want him suffocated in cement like Jeremy, though, I'd want something more graphic.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

Something involving (killer) clowns.  Might as well give the whole thing a little bit of symbolism.

Franco and Nina should declare their love, and then Nina should stab him because oh right she's freaking nutcase.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wouldn't mind Nina turning out to be

Silas' killer,

honestly. Though she's always apparently been mentally ill, the root of her psychotic break is largely with Silas and their history, it's her only real reason for being on the show. Everything and everyone in her life right now, even Franco, stems from that past experience. Her current gaslighting hinges on her longtime fixation on the loss of her own unborn child with Silas, which she lost after discovering he had been unfaithful. You could easily throw the audience a curve -

show all these people with motive for killing Silas, then say, no, it wasn't any of them, Silas ran afoul of Nina, she lost it on him in her fragile state, had a random meltdown and killed him. It's what people like her do to their longtime obsessions, just because. It would tie their storyline off in a semi-elegant bow.

I dunno if I should have spoiled any of that, but whatev.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

I like the idea of Nina

being the killer

.  As long as the fallout hasn't already been written.  Because if Ron was responsible for it, instead of any punishment for Nina, it would be wackiness to remind us of how "fun!" Franco and Nina are.  

I wonder if this was originally supposed to be Nina going crazy(er) and killing Ric and the Serial Killer "nobly" protecting her until they discover it was Magda who murdered Ric and framed her daughter.

Then the Serial Killer and We Never Cared could live happily ever after

I hope that the new writers are not all about the babiez since both MS and TC are pregnant.

I think MS has a surrogate so there is no reason to write in a pregnancy for Nina. And I would hope they'll just put TeCa behind plants and giant purses.

• Love 1

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - they don't need to go to great lengths to hide someone's pregnancy or write it in for her character.  They can just give us the credit to be able to separate the two.  You don't want to go throw an eight months pregnant woman into a bra and panties for a love scene or a bikini out at the pool, but some clothing that is cut well to minimize her expanding belly should be fine.  It's not like we don't all know what they're hiding behind the big purses, plants, and desks anyway, so it's always felt silly to me to go to that length - it's like "we can acknowledge that the actress is pregnant and the character isn't, as long as we don't let you see her stomach."  

• Love 7

I know Liz can't use birth control pills but Sabrina can, she's a freaking nurse and she and Michael aren't engaged. They need to invest in purses and plants

Agreed about Sabrina. And I still hate the character. But a small, small part of me wonders if Sabrina will get pregnant again if just to make this kid a Q (and sadly, a Corinthos) since there are now so few.

As for Liz, she can't take birth control pills, but invest in a NuvaRing or other IUD!

• Love 2

I know Liz can't use birth control pills but Sabrina can, she's a freaking nurse and she and Michael aren't engaged. They need to invest in purses and plants

Agreed about Sabrina. And I still hate the character. But a small, small part of me wonders if Sabrina will get pregnant again if just to make this kid a Q (and sadly, a Corinthos) since there are now so few.

As for Liz, she can't take birth control pills, but invest in a NuvaRing or other IUD!

Or maybe the man could you know, put on a condom.  Not saying that the women shouldn't use some type of birth control, but the men have to as well, if one wants to avoid a pregnancy or avoid transmitting any sexual diseases.

• Love 4

Or maybe the man could you know, put on a condom.  Not saying that the women shouldn't use some type of birth control, but the men have to as well, if one wants to avoid a pregnancy or avoid transmitting any sexual diseases.

Oh, I agree. The men need to wrap their "friends" up well, too. To avoid babypalooza and/or diseases. But considering how GH has been written for years, it sadly seemed to forget about its HIV teachings from years ago.

It's basically a co-effort, assuming any effort is given at all.

Okay, let's list all the ways we've suggested killing Franco:

1) Tornado

2) Sharknado

3) Wood chipper

4) Crane

5) Chandelier

6) (More graphic than) suffocated, encased in cement & put on display as "modern art"

7) Sid & Nancy'd by Nina (Nina is Sid) (multiple votes)

What else would people like to see? 

Edited to add:

Okay, how do I get this list to the new head writers?

You faithless :jazz hands: bitchslutwhoretramp!!!

You forgot my 'giant 'G' falls off hospital' death for Franco! How could you betray me like this?

• Love 1

Plus, if you're a woman who's been told she can't use the pill because of clotting issues/stroke, you pretty much shouldn't use any BC method that involves hormones.  That really limits your options (and some of those options come with their own sets of potential complications).  For someone with Liz's history, her best bet is really condoms.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Unfortunately, the burden of birth control is on women; we can only totally trust ourselves.

Then , clearly I'm going for Judge Moesha or Judge Country mandates that all mobsters get a vasectomy. Spayand neuter the pests.

Sorry, Nina, you married Sonny's new lawyer.

Edited by Grrpants09

Plus, if you're a woman who's been told she can't use the pill because of clotting issues/stroke, you pretty much shouldn't use any BC method that involves hormones.  That really limits your options (and some of those options come with their own sets of potential complications).  For someone with Liz's history, her best bet is really condoms.  

Enduro. Little Jake.

Clearly, Liz needs a chastity belt. But her uterus should be closed for business.

• Love 2
(edited)
her uterus should be closed for business.

Every woman remotely of child-bearing years in Port Charles needs a closed uterus for at least five years. NO MORE BABIES. I don't care who the parents are.

*adds to list of rage-blackout stories*

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Isn't it about time for another catastrophic disaster that changes Port Charles forever?  That would be an ideal way of getting rid of some of the useless baggage on the show -- kill them off in said disaster.  I am not talking about just one or two characters either. Silas, Franco, Nina, Ava, Kiki, Dr. O, Madeleine, Valerie, Sloane. They could be in the Floating Rib or Kelly's when it explodes from a gas leak. I'd love to add Sam and Sonny to that list because she never shuts up and all he does is mumble, but I know the show will keep those two bores around until the cows come home and the fat lady sings.

A drastically reduced cast would help the show immensely. 

• Love 1

Isn't it about time for another catastrophic disaster that changes Port Charles forever?  That would be an ideal way of getting rid of some of the useless baggage on the show -- kill them off in said disaster.  I am not talking about just one or two characters either. Silas, Franco, Nina, Ava, Kiki, Dr. O, Madeleine, Valerie, Sloane. They could be in the Floating Rib or Kelly's when it explodes from a gas leak. I'd love to add Sam and Sonny to that list because she never shuts up and all he does is mumble, but I know the show will keep those two bores around until the cows come home and the fat lady sings.

A drastically reduced cast would help the show immensely. 

My only switch out would be Julian for Sloane.  But if getting rid of Julian meant I had to get rid of Sloane, too, I'd be all "Sloane who?"

Heatlifer, you do realize that when Hayden doesn't tell the truth about Jakeson's identity when she wakes up it's going to be because Patrick saved her life and he deserves to be happy, right?

Heatlifer, you do realize that when Hayden doesn't tell the truth about Jakeson's identity when she wakes up it's going to be because Patrick saved her life and he deserves to be happy, right?

Or she won't remember and she'll get flashes she doesn't understand. And then Jakeson will get flashes! And then no one will investigate the flashes because...Patrick deserves to be happy!

• Love 1

Theory on who killed Silas:

The real Rafe, who was put in safe keeping by Amanda Barrington years ago. He's on Cassadine Island because now Helena is in charge of it all. When Zombie was released and not him, he got out and found Silas, who was shocked Rafe was alive. When real Rafe saw a picture of old Rafe, he was pissed and killed Silas. An FBI agent with a dead fiancée we don't care about, a red haired ex, and akid raised by a war vet will solve the murder. But Nina and Franco will still vanish.