Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Christmas Eve

Trying to prove how "wild" she can be, Amy turns a boring Christmas Eve at Cloud 9 into a holiday adventure. Meanwhile, Jonah and Garrett's roommate issues boil over; and Glenn tries to prove to Mateo that Christmas is more than just "fine."

Tonight's episode airs at 9:30 PM instead of in its usual 8:00 PM time slot.

Edited by fishcakes

I normally dislike Dina, but the opening with her kicking the not-Nativity dolls had me laughing hysterically, especially when she was getting ready to punt baby Jesus. Then I  had "Drop Kick Me, Jesus, Through the Goalposts of Life" running through my head.

• Love 13

Dina trying to be Team Amy while loving Bridge's coffee was great. 

Amy, sweetie, you're uncool and boring.  It's not a bad thing!  It's why I love you.  You'll be happier if you just embrace it.

The lights at the end were well done.  Nice job, Glenn.

And Jerry is awake!  Sandra can still have some nice things! 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I normally dislike Dina, but the opening with her kicking the not-Nativity dolls had me laughing hysterically, especially when she was getting ready to punt baby Jesus.

That was hilarious. She knew that would get him to admit it was the Nativity scene it so obviously was. 

5 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Amy, sweetie, you're uncool and boring.  It's not a bad thing!  It's why I love you.  You'll be happier if you just embrace it.

We'll see how she reacts to Kelly and Jonah getting together. 

6 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

And Jerry is awake!  Sandra can still have some nice things! 

What happens when Carol finds out? Sandra is the perpetual butt monkey of the show, but I do hope she's allowed to be happy.

For me, the Salvation Army (er, Redemption Corps) reindeer was the winner of the night. It's weird because they show boxes and labels for actual products in the store, but can't use the Salvation Army name. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DrScottie said:

That was hilarious. She knew that would get him to admit it was the Nativity scene it so obviously was. 

We'll see how she reacts to Kelly and Jonah getting together. 

What happens when Carol finds out? Sandra is the perpetual butt monkey of the show, but I do hope she's allowed to be happy.

For me, the Salvation Army (er, Redemption Corps) reindeer was the winner of the night. It's weird because they show boxes and labels for actual products in the store, but can't use the Salvation Army name. 

Maybe it’s a nonprofit thing/rule?

• Love 1

Really good episode! I wonder if they just had extra time to write it or something. So many great gags - the reindeer was hilarious! And the visual of everyone riding the motorized shopping carts was hysterical, especially when they were trying to make a getaway with the lawn ornaments. And yeah - the lights at the end were fantastic. 

I give it an A+. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Jonah and the girl should have taken home the elf costumes to make things more interesting.

I like that pairing, even though I can't even remember that girl's name.

I love drunk Amy!  (I also love drunk Amy on The Big Bang Theory)

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

I want to say Kelly? I'm not sure either. This is the first episode where I liked her though; she seems fun and able to deflate Jonah's pretension a little, but in a nice way.

Cramy. Ha. I liked Mateo's quiet little, "it sounds forced."

Sandra was so cute at the end riding the cart out with a big smile on her face. That would have been my favorite scene, except earlier the reindeer was eating apples so nothing else really has a chance.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, festivus said:

Dina drop kicking those wisemen was hilarious, especially when she said oh look that one's head popped off. Dina is my favorite character though, so...

The best part? I’m like 90% certain the head popping off and her line about it was improv.

1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

I want to say Kelly? I'm not sure either. This is the first episode where I liked her though; she seems fun and able to deflate Jonah's pretension a little, but in a nice way.

Cramy. Ha. I liked Mateo's quiet little, "it sounds forced."

Sandra was so cute at the end riding the cart out with a big smile on her face. That would have been my favorite scene, except earlier the reindeer was eating apples so nothing else really has a chance.

The reindeer was the star of the episode for sure!

Edited by Skyfall
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Yes, her name is Kelly Watson.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Skyfall said:

The best part? I’m like 90% certain the head popping off and her line about it was improv.

Yeah I thought so too. She had a little surprised almost about to laugh look on her face.

Oh and I forgot one looked like it was dressed in a toddler jean skirt. I was laughing so hard by then I don't know about the other one. Overalls maybe?

Edited by festivus
21 hours ago, festivus said:

Dina drop kicking those wisemen was hilarious, especially when she said oh look that one's head popped off. Dina is my favorite character though, so...

Lauren Ash tweeted that she couldn't believe she could kick them so far and even broke a light..lol She also said the reindeer was an adorable dream.

Loved this episode so much. I was laughing so hard when they took the scooter carts. I loved that whole scene, especially Dina trying to be mean while liking the coffee.

21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And yeah - the lights at the end were fantastic. 

I actually got some goosebumps, they were truly amazing!

• Love 9

Every time someone tried to make a quick getaway on those scooters, I fell over sideways on my couch and literally slapped my knee while laughing.  Dorky show makes me even dorkier, but good lord that was a hysterical sight gag!

• Love 6

I really like this show but I really really dislike Amy. I'm not sure why. It just seems like everything is always about her, which of course it is, she is the main character I guess.

But I find her often just unpleasant, and being unpleasant to people. Would much rather see Jonah with the other girl.

Love Sandra got good news.

I'm with Mateo. I dislike Christmas and don't celebrate it, and it's almost impossible to say that to people bc of their reactions.

• Love 4

It's so much fun to see Kelly Stables' character  - I loved her as Eden on The Exes.

The chemistry between Kelly and Jonah seemed very natural. I think theyre a much better match than cranky, crabby Amy.

The scooters were a hilarious gag. But... no Uber i nSt Louis? really?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cleo said:

I'm with Mateo. I dislike Christmas and don't celebrate it, and it's almost impossible to say that to people bc of their reactions.

I'm the same way, but then even I thought the lights were cool-- and I usually don't like them. But Glenn really did impress with that. I also liked seeing Glenn get a win for once.

Kelly and Jonah are boring to me. Also, I hate triangles.

Fun episode despite all that, though. I really like this show.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Big Mother said:

It's so much fun to see Kelly Stables' character  - I loved her as Eden on The Exes.

The chemistry between Kelly and Jonah seemed very natural. I think theyre a much better match than cranky, crabby Amy.

Remember it’s Christmas Eve. I don’t Uber but I doubt they work holidays like that.

Edited by Skyfall
44 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Remember it’s Christmas Eve. I don’t Uber but I doubt they work holidays like that.

I just chalked it up to "drunk people don't make the best decisions."  And an Uber would have been FAR less funny!

• Love 5

Oh my God, Dina punting the baby Jesus was everything that I needed this Christmas season. Yep, I`m going to confession again...

The reindeer was the MVP of the episode, followed closely by Drunk Amy. The reindeer just watching TV was hilarious. As was the visual of everyone riding on those little motorized shopping carts. 

Glad that Sandra finally got some good news! And Glenn actually did a good job with the lights, those looked great, and he played it pretty well. 

• Love 10
On 12/6/2017 at 3:19 PM, MaryMitch said:

I love drunk Amy!  (I also love drunk Amy on The Big Bang Theory)

On 12/7/2017 at 2:13 AM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I was thinking this was at least Six-Drink Amy!

I think you're thinking of Brooklyn Nine Nine.  Which is also hilarious.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1
On 12/7/2017 at 8:24 PM, cleo said:

I really like this show but I really really dislike Amy. I'm not sure why. It just seems like everything is always about her, which of course it is, she is the main character I guess.

But I find her often just unpleasant, and being unpleasant to people. Would much rather see Jonah with the other girl.

Love Sandra got good news.

i dislike what christmas has become. or maybe it's just that i have seen so many christmases and am sick of the commercialization. the getting together with people you don't like all that much,.i'm tired of getting cheap ass dollar store gifts just because someone thinks they have to buy something. i got 4 gifts that were so crappy they couldn't even be donated. i threw them away. just make a donation in my name to an animal rescue. i'm all for a movement to make people see what the real meaning of christmas is. it's not shopping . 

good show. it is pretty consistent in being funny. i did absolutely love the lights at the end. how were they reflection on everyone? is this something you can buy? as you see i haven't bought xmas decorations in a while!

On 12/8/2017 at 0:20 PM, tennisgurl said:

Oh my God, Dina punting the baby Jesus was everything that I needed this Christmas season. Yep, I`m going to confession again...

The reindeer was the MVP of the episode, followed closely by Drunk Amy. The reindeer just watching TV was hilarious. As was the visual of everyone riding on those little motorized shopping carts. 

Glad that Sandra finally got some good news! And Glenn actually did a good job with the lights, those looked great, and he played it pretty well. 

it was funny but it did make me cringe a little. i don't think as an actress i could do it! i'm glad the reindeer was let inside. i was worried, after the beating the crow to death episode , animals on sitcoms make me nervous. too much played for laughs as far as abuse  and neglect.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2017 at 8:30 AM, DrScottie said:

On 12/6/2017 at 0:21 PM, Skyfall said:

Maybe it’s a nonprofit thing/rule?

It may be the Salvation Army didn't want to allow their branding to appear, or it might be that TPTB didn't want to promote an organization that actively partcipates in LGBT discrimination, closes down homeless programs in cities that require organizations to offer same-sex partner benefits, and fires employees for being gay or bisexual. 

• Love 4
On 12/6/2017 at 0:39 PM, worleybird said:

The commercials for this show had Glen throwing a snowball at Mateo's back. Was that even in the show?

Hmmm I dont remember that

On 12/6/2017 at 1:05 PM, AnimeMania said:

How can you spike the cocoa, was it for the customers or just the employees?

Jonah and the girl should have taken home the elf costumes to make things more interesting.

They had so many bottles throughout the ep. They must have been just taking them or buying them right off the shelf

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Tammee said:

Hmmm I dont remember that

They had so many bottles throughout the ep. They must have been just taking them or buying them right off the shelf

They use products off the shelves so often on the show. In the real world, employees would be written up or fired for theft. LOL 

I want to like Amy, partly because I really like America Ferrera as an actress and a person. In the first seasons, Amy was shown as being uptight because she had been a teen mom and missed out on many youthful experiences. (Except for teenage sex, that is). That, and she was in an unhappy marriage that she was trying to make work. We still see see glimpses of that person—like when she and Jonah were dressed up like Minions, and she told him she was getting a divorce—but she’s meaner and more petty than she used to be, e.g. treating the new girl horribly or cancelling the bowling outing because all of the ‘losers’ wanted to go. It doesn’t help that her cute daughter is now an obnoxious brat. Yeah, Amy has changed. 

I hope she’s written better in the second half of the season. 

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:06 PM, Big Mother said:

Well, they were drunk, so probably not making the best decisions.  Thank goodness.