Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: TOO SHADY

druzy
  • Start Topic

Farrah goes to Las Vegas for a girls trip and her ex-boyfriend Simon shows up. Catelynn and Tyler hurry to get everything ready for the launch of their children’s clothing line. Maci lets Bentley see Ryan on Father’s Day, while Amber kicks Matt out.

• Love 3

Not that I don't sppreciate het getting rid of Matt, even though we know it isn't really over yet, but Amber looked nuts. She was looking for a fight, had worked herself up before he even walked through the door. Her temper is scary. Still, if she wss going to cut loose on him then I wish she had done it in Vegas.

• Love 15

I am really confused who the woman in the car with Farrah is...is that her real estate agent promising to be there for her? Also, is Farrah really little or is this woman a giant?

Where do Cate and Tyler get off thinking they can create a children's clothing line? 

• Love 8

Even if Ryan is terrible, Maci’s no better. I seriously hate her big speeches.

I feel like I’ve spent the two episodes tonight fast forwarding through most of them.

All of these people are awful and they all annoy me and all of them think way too highly of themselves. And yeah.. I blame the show for that. And I also blame myself for that because.. I’m part of the problem by continually watching.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, mscav said:

Caitlyn thanks for keeping the IUD in. The last thing you need is another kid.

Especially since she is now in a dual diagnosis residential treatment center and reported suicidal ideation with plan.
BUT WAIT!  A BABY WILL FIX EVERYTHING.

Look, Cate.  You gave your baby up only to make Tyler happy.  Big mistake.  As soon as the series was "done", he ran off to New Orleans.  He came running back the moment MTV decided to resume the series -- just in time for an InTouch exclusive Xmas spread.  Yes, Cate, he will do it again.  He is his father's son and you are your mother's daughter.  Time to grow up and stop feeling sorry for yourself.  Nova actually puts shit in her mouth while you mope around!

• Love 22

I never want to be on Amber's side. I hope Matt got every cent he could out of that disgusting, uneducated, should be institutionalized, lowlife pig, he earned it. I don't know how anyone could spend 5 minutes with the fucking miserable bitch.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 14
Just now, ginger90 said:

Larry verbally abused Bentley ?

Apparently, Larry started screaming at Bentley during one of Bentley's baseball games. Taylor had enough and calked Larry out on it. Taylor also stated that Larry had a history of this type of behavior at Bentley's games and that Ryan also commented that Larry behaved the same way when he played sports as a child.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Oh, Amber. I WANTED to be on your side. I wanted to see you read Matt the riot act and kick his ass to the curb. I've been waiting for it, actually. But the manner in which you carried it through? It made you look deranged. It was obvious that you were jealous of his teenage daughter and even more obvious that you just wanted to pick a fight and latched onto the first thing out of his mouth that you might be able to twist. There are lots of things that Matt has said and done that I would've loved to have seen you go apeshit on. This, unfortunately, wasn't one of them so the payoff wasn't as good for me.

Preach. How about - Matt, you used all my money. Matt, you have been lecherous with other women. Matt, you have lied to me from day one about your past. Any of those (and a hundred more) would do. 

But, no, it was - Matt, you're showing interest in another woman; I don't care if she's your daughter. Matt, you should want to be around me and on MTV at all times!!!

Lunatic. 

5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Larry verbally abused Bentley ?

Taylor reported that Larry got up on the fence at one of Bentley's ball games and was screaming at him to do ____ (whatever they do at ball games). It didn't sound like typical, parental encouragement (I've been known to yell out at my boys' TKD matches), but more like a grown man acting like a middle school bully. Obviously we didn't see it, but I believe it. 

• Love 22

This bitch. "Well what should we do next?".  WE don't do anything.  Bentley is none of your damn business. You are the stepmother, you have no place in the custody fight.  Mac needs to support your druggie husband in his newfound ( and fleeting) interest in his son  and respect your role as the broad who married Bentley's unclebrother.

^^^THIS^^^ I find it hilarious that an idiot with no life skills except becoming a teen mom is inserting herself into something that is none of her business.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Oh,this episode confused me so much. I kept going back and forth on who was irritating me more...

Maci/Ryan: I was equally disgusted with both of them. Ryan was right in that Maci should have been responding to his calls and texts. Maci was right to be worried. If she truly didn't have any more information than the rest of us then I can totally see how she wouldn't want to just send Bentley over there as soon as Ryan got home. The only way to settle that, however, is to actually communicate with him. 

Asshole for the win: Mackenzie. No matter how much Maci and Ryan irritated me throughout the episode, Mack still came out on top. 

Give a pass award: Jen. Jen is dangerously enabling of Ryan but I DID appreciate how she kept trying to level out the bickering over Maci. Even though she was probably having the same thoughts, she knew enough to keep her mouth shut on television. She doesn't want to lose her grandparent privileges-and I think she's fond of Jade, too. 

Farrah: Girl, while you're updating your will, might want to get a RO on that "realtor", too. Because I am afraid she's going to go all Single White Female on your ass. 

Asshole for the win: Debz, although she's clearly so "off" that I kind of feel ashamed for holding her weirdness against her. No, Debz, Farrah does not hate Evil Santa for telling her to be nice to you. It's for all his other douchebaggery ways. Like the way he basically accosted Michael at the party. And his unnecessary groping of your daughter. And his yelling at her on vacation. And his ignorance. And his ignoring of her on a trip that I am certain she paid for. And...

Give a pass award: The salesgirl at the wig place. When Debz was talking about her beautiful wedding dress and the amazing hair she wanted, that chick had zero fucks to give. 

Amber/Matt: Oh, Amber. I WANTED to be on your side. I wanted to see you read Matt the riot act and kick his ass to the curb. I've been waiting for it, actually. But the manner in which you carried it through? It made you look deranged. It was obvious that you were jealous of his teenage daughter and even more obvious that you just wanted to pick a fight and latched onto the first thing out of his mouth that you might be able to twist. There are lots of things that Matt has said and done that I would've loved to have seen you go apeshit on. This, unfortunately, wasn't one of them so the payoff wasn't as good for me. Also, you need to up your fighting game. With you screaming like a banshee while he calmly sat there with his shit-eating grin, slamming the garage door on the cameraman, your threats of physical violence, and your confusing counterarguments, YOU came across as the nutty one. That's not the way you play that, girl. Walking out on him in Vegas and making him pay his own way to wherever-not THAT would've ruled. Publicly admitting on camera, to him, that 90% of what he says is a lie? That would've been awesome. 

Asshole for the win: Well, it's still Matt. These days, the answer is Matt regardless of the context. 

Give a pass award: Production crew. Although they piss me off for enabling these losers, I was glad to see that they were front and center for all the action. 

Cate/Tyler: Tyler doesn't want to know that Cate is pregnant because he doesn't want to have a part in all the early stuff and the planning. I know because it's the same reason I ask for surprise birthday parties-I hate planning parties and all the preparation that go into them. I am sure Tyler would also be happy with an immaculate conception. Given the fact that he thinks he's God, he'd probably believe it if Cate showed up pregnant without him. And Cate? You are not too busy to have a baby. You're not too busy to dress like an actual 20something, either, instead of a retiree making laps at your local mall. 

Asshole for the win: Huh. hard to say. I'm leaning towards Cate, just because. 

Give a pass award: The goat. Because I like goats. 

Fucking awesome post. Like times 1000. I fell asleep waiting for it to come on so I have to go watch but you know my laptop opens to Prevert Paradise so I can't help reading first! 

• Love 15

I am so curious with what Ryan sushed Larry with when he became unleashed towards the end of the episode. Was he going to reference Maci moving away from Chattanooga with Kyle? Was he going to out her drinking? Did it occur to Ryan that Taylor was right in telling Larry he couldn't act that way at a little league game with Bentley? Moments like that, I have hope that Ryan is gaining a greater level of self-awareness but it seems to be short lived.

Good for MTV for agreeing not to film Bentley seeing Ryan on Father's Day.

• Love 17

What I thought was ridiculous was Maci wanting Bentley to see Ryan without cameras...I can understand that...but then she proceeded to tell the camera her version (a play by play) of what transpired at the Edwards Family home!  I'm no Ryan fan but maybe the reason he sent Bentley off to play basketball was because he knew Maci was going to get to get all up in his business and he didn't want Bentley to have a front row seat!  Maci is delusional if she thinks she can take visitation away from Ryan... Not when we all live in a country where even murderers have a right to see their children in prison.

• Love 12

Did anyone else notice that Matt had his backpack full of money when he came back home. And when he left.

Edited by Kb60
Watched the rest of the show
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

Debra: your hair ( both versions) looks ridiculous. You are too old to look like Rapunzel.

So true. I instantly recognized that wig shop, though. My sister has RX induced hair loss and got HER wig at Bravada's. It's a pretty cool place; they'll color them for you and help fit you with extensions. I think it's kind of ridiculous that Deb went through all that for just one night, but whatevs. 

1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

I'm no Ryan fan but maybe the reason he sent Bentley off to play basketball was because he knew Maci was going to get to get all up in his business and he didn't want Bentley to have a front row seat! 

Or maybe he knew that HE (and/or Mack) was going to get all up in HER business and didn't want to be bothered by the child. 

53 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Why do Tyler and Cate have a small framed photo of Marilyn Monroe on their end table? Like she's a member of their family? Those two are weird.

Holy shit, I didn't even notice that. The Marilyn obsession on this franchise knows no bounds. 

• Love 18

I don't usually watch that closely, I fast forward through all of Maci's segments because I cannot stand her, and I'm usually on the laptop and watching with one eye, but I happened to be paying attention this time!

1 hour ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

So Ty and Cate ship Tierra Del Fuego or whatever it's called directly from Casa de Petting Zoo? I can only imagine ordering something, opening the box and having my item(s) smell like combination of weed and animal poop( or Nova's)

And they include a picture of themselves! Their fans must be wetting themselves. Jesus.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

What I thought was ridiculous was Maci wanting Bentley to see Ryan without cameras...I can understand that...but then she proceeded to tell the camera her version (a play by play) of what transpired at the Edwards Family home!  I'm no Ryan fan but maybe the reason he sent Bentley off to play basketball was because he knew Maci was going to get to get all up in his business and he didn't want Bentley to have a front row seat!  Maci is delusional if she thinks she can take visitation away from Ryan... Not when we all live in a country where even murderers have a right to see their children in prison.

My thought was that she did not want the cameras to show that Bentley was happy to see his MiMi despite Maci claiming she made Bentley uncomfortable. Possibly for no better reason than I would hate to ever give that Pious Bitch Maci any credit for anything.

• Love 16

Whooooooooah, hold the vodka and coke!

I haven’t read the comments, yet, although I’m so excited to read them as it’s my favorite part about watching this show so if I repeat anything, sorry not sorry. ?

Maci was CLEARLY enjoying a vodka and coke or rum and coke during that hot tub scene. I guess her and Taylor have switched to the hard stuff because A. Their body is too used to budlight and it takes too many cans to achieve the same buzz B. She knows people are on to her drinking and vodka is odorless and the coke will make it look like she’s just “drinking a Coca Cola, y’all to support Larry’s profession!”

My ex-friends dad and stepmom were alcoholics and I remember them chilling in their pool with a glaze over their eyes (like Maci had, I’ll try and get a screenshot but anyone else is more than welcomed since I suck at that) gripping to their precious “coke” with shaky drunken hands.

Who the hell you know sits in a hot tub holding a cup of soda in their hands continuously sipping it? I’m sure their are some that are exceptions but but most sit in a hot tub holding a beer or glass of wine unless you’re trying to hide the fact you’re drinking and sending your eight year old son to take his sister inside to watch her while you sit outside to talk about Rhine in “private”.

Maybe I’m wrong but her eyes had a red lining around them like she was super tired or borderline drunk with a cloudy haze over her eyes.

Methinks that Larry is desperate to tell all of us about her drinking problem. Maybe that was the “you’ll know the truth one day” and Rhine didn’t want Bentley to have to suffer knowing from watching the show that he has a drug addicted dad and an alcoholic mom so he wanted his dad to shut up. If that’s the truth, then that is the first time I’ve seen Rhine do something selfless for his son. 

I do want to say Rhine needs to stop squawking about evil Maci and actually stand by his word and go to court. 

I’m happy Jen was holding back her anger for Maci so that she can continue to see Bentley.

Rhines going to get fat real quick. People seem to replace drugs and alcohol with food. 

I feel bad for Bentley.

32 minutes ago, dorcastrilling said:

My thought was that she did not want the cameras to show that Bentley was happy to see his MiMi despite Maci claiming she made Bentley uncomfortable. Possibly for no better reason than I would hate to ever give that Pious Bitch Maci any credit for anything.

Or she didn’t want to risk Ryan and Larry calling her out on her drinking with cameras there. Basically saying “If you want Ryan to submit to a drug test at every visit then you need to take a breathalyzer at pickup!”?

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 21

Hell yeah she was drinking alcohol. Of course she then made poor Bentley go babysit so she could bash Ryan. All Ryan did was go to rehab and I think he did the right thing. Why are they badmouthing him. I think her and Taylor both need to seek help for their drinking problems. Then they'll be even, WTF??

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Methinks that Larry is desperate to tell all of us about her drinking problem. Maybe that was the “you’ll know the truth one day” and Rhine didn’t want Bentley to have to suffer knowing from watching the show that he has a drug addicted dad and an alcoholic mom so he wanted his dad to shut up. If that’s the truth, then that is the first time I’ve seen Rhine do something selfless for his son. 

Anything's possible I guess, but I find the above pretty farfetched. If Ryan was concerned about his dad outing Maci, it was probably to head off Maci outing him on something in retaliation. I've certainly never witnessed Ryan trying to make life easier for Bentley.

Larry himself is not frequently filmed without a beer in his hand, so I don't know that he should throw any stones.

In fact, "let's not throw stones" should be both Maci and the entire Edwards family's personal mantra.

• Love 22
15 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

** Does anyone else think that Larry's cryptic "one day you'll all know the truth" threat was about Maci's drinking? 

I thought it was about Maci and Rhiiine still banging on the regular. That entire family has such shitty boundaries I'm sure he knows. 

9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I was disgusted to see Farrah with her dogs lined up in kennels, all getting sprayed with water for.....what? Barking? Maybe if they weren't all locked up, and were actually exercised and cared for and trained properly, they wouldn't act like that. 

That pissed me off too. Let the dogs out of the damn crates. Some dogs like it. Those dogs didn't seem like they did. And then throwing the sheet over the crates like they were birds? Nope. 10 million things wrong with all that. ps Farrah, dogs don't hate water like cats supposedly do. 

7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Give a pass award: The salesgirl at the wig place. When Debz was talking about her beautiful wedding dress and the amazing hair she wanted, that chick had zero fucks to give. 

Did anyone else notice that the picture she had looked an awful like like Farrah? Dr. Grey seems to love to make Debz into the older version of her. I wondered why she showed the salesgirl the picture of her wedding dress and pretty much invited her to agree that it was gorgeous. The sales girl was just like "ok, let me show you what we have." Zero fucks indeed. 

• Love 11

How about the guy at the hair place - "oooh everyone will be so excited about Deb OG's wedding!!!"  Ok, guy.

1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Hmmm...I didn't.  But I did notice him quietly say "You know this house is also mine, right?" with the slyest smirk I've ever seen.  That $120,000 is just the start of what Amber is going to lose.

Isn't it a rental? 

1 hour ago, dorcastrilling said:

That is what I was thinking.  Bentley loves going over there, and she tries to make it seem like he hates it.

Also, when she and Taylor were complaining that when Bentley comes back from their house, he turns into a brat - he sits on the couch and DEMANDS water!  Okay...

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I thought it was about Maci and Rhiiine still banging on the regular. That entire family has such shitty boundaries I'm sure he knows. 

I've always thought that as well. I believe they were last officially together in early 2010 and I am sure they have hooked up numerous times since then. Probably since Taylor and probably since Mac. I bet that is one of the reasons Mac is so hostile about Maci.

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Ryan went to rehab to shut people up; he didn't even last a month. A man who was falling asleep at the wheel needs much more than 20 days of help, IMO. I'd be concerned too. 

I guess he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kb60 said:

I guess he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Listen, I am not addiction expert, but I think even a base understanding indicates that rehab is unlikely to be successful if the person going isn't really committed or doesn't truly believe he or she has a problem. Someone leaving rehab early (for non financial reasons) potentially indicates they aren't serious about recovery. If that is the case, then rehab is a complete waste of time and money.

I don't know Ryan, but my thought is he will likely relapse. That's just my opinion.

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Maci is delusional if she thinks she can take visitation away from Ryan... Not when we all live in a country where even murderers have a right to see their children in prison.

I didn’t think he had any visitation, but a poster said that there is some sort of schedule.  Regardless, it can be modified, especially for reasons like drug abuse.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kb60 said:

I agree. Relapse is common in recovery. But you gotta start somewhere.

It is especially common for those who don't go to rehab for the right reasons, they are court-ordered, or they don't own up to the fact they have a drug/alcohol problem. 

I get what you are saying and in general, I agree. It takes that one foot forward to make your way to soberville. In Ryan's case, I don't really believe he went to rehab for the right reasons. 

I do agree Maci needs to shut her big piehole and stop judging Ryan for having a disease. She may have one herself and that may be what is really irritating her. 

@Caseysgirl My two cents about Maci raising Bentley, she didn't do it all alone. There was always someone there to help her whether it was her live-in boyfriend, her family, or Larry & Jen who took care of Bentley. This is like the Kail situation. Playing the role of the single mother when there is clearly a group of people there to lend a hand and then some. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 18

And guess who was there the most? Jen  was there any time she needed help. Hell,  she even helped with Jayde. She must be drunk or something to be bad mouthing Ryan's family. Ryan's no prize, but you don't have to bad mouth his mom. That's just tacky.

Edited by Kb60
Because Maci sucks.
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Tatum said:
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

In fact, "let's not throw stones" should be both Maci and the entire Edwards family's personal mantra.

I want the stones thrown cause I love snarking on this shit! ( Hanging head in shame).

• Love 8