Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Crisis On Earth-X (4)

• Start Topic

To be fair, even when they WERE shooting they still couldn't hit anybody. Maybe their Nazi overlords told them not to waste the bullets? Seriously though, it's the kind of thing you have to hand wave most of the time. You'd likely go crazy otherwise.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, kismet said:

I knew I would lose Stein/VG, I just thought I would have it be for the Legends and not some over bloated Xover. And I think he deserved to have everyone there for the funeral not just a few random members of Flarrowverse.

Were any Team Arrow members there?

Oliver and Felicity were there since they got married right after the funeral and Alex and Kara. Otherwise it was Stein's family, Jax, Sara, Mick, Ray, Nate, Amaya, Zari, Leo, Barry, Iris, Cisco and Caitlin. That is everyone that knew Stein. I don't know who else should've been there? 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

And Kara and Alex were there I think.  But I think that's it.  Stein's family, Team Legends, Team Flash, Oliver, Felicity, Alex, and Kara.  I was actually pleased with how they did the funeral - I wasn't sure they would have everyone there, but everyone I thought should have been there was there.

Stein's death hit me a lot harder than I was expecting.  I was totally spoiled for it, so I knew it was coming, but I didn't just tear up, I was actually sobbing.  And then started crying again during the funeral.  I was a mess when the show was over.  Maybe that's part of why I have no particular feelings regarding the wedding, other than I was fine with it and that's it.  I had no feelings to spare.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

If Stein had died during a Legends episode we would've only had the Legends there  (and maybe his family) which would be okay since they have gotten to know him better than the rest of Flarrowverse being they all live together on the ship and share 1 bathroom. I started sobbing when they showed everyone's reactions to his death. I know we've seen a lot people upset over the wedding but all the reactors I watch were full on sobbing during Stein's death.

I really hope this gets some more people to watch Legends. It's usually not that depressing guys, it's the fun, happy show that occasionally hits in you in the feels. 

• Love 10

Okay, nevermind. I rewatched the funeral scene, and none of the Supergirl or Arrow characters were shown. Kara, Alex, Felicity, and Oliver are in the next scene, but they aren't wearing funeral clothes or black like everyone else was. Even if scheduling conflicts kept them from filming that day, I would have thought they'd add them in later.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Trini said:

Okay, nevermind. I rewatched the funeral scene, and none of the Supergirl or Arrow characters were shown. Kara, Alex, Felicity, and Oliver are in the next scene, but they aren't wearing funeral clothes or black like everyone else was. Even if scheduling conflicts kept them from filming that day, I would have thought they'd add them in later.

Ah ok.  I guess I merged it all together in my head since they were in the next scene.

I thought the first two seasons of Arrow were great, but the third season went off the rails and I don't think the show has ever really recovered. The Flash was great in it's first, then made some major missteps in 2 and 3 but is starting to maybe recover. Legends, on the other hand, had a slow start, I think the first season was hit or miss, especially where the Hawks and Savage are concerned. Since then though it has improved in leaps and bounds and is by far the Arrowverse show I would most recommend someone who has never seen any of them watch.

7 minutes ago, Trini said:

I can kind of see it both ways. Yes, it would be respectful for Kara and Oliver and the others to show up, but I also get why they might not feel comfortable doing so. None of them really knew him as anything but half of Firestorm. Barry and the Flash gang had known Stein for years, while Clarissa, Lily, little Ronnie, Jax and to a lesser extent the Legends, were his family.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I really hope this gets some more people to watch Legends. It's usually not that depressing guys, it's the fun, happy show that occasionally hits in you in the feels. 

Hahahah, I was on the Legends Reddit (I know, Reddit is a hot mess) and some guy who doesn't want the show much posted something like "If this is supposed to be the fun show, WHY ARE MY CHEEKS SO WET?!?!", which, yeah it is the most fun of the shows, but it also has so much heart! I truly hope this crossover brings more people over here, it deserves more love. 

This must have been just the weirdest day ever for Zari. She`s still super new to the whole superhero gig (she just got her costume!), and now she is meeting all these superheroes and villains and theres robots and super powers and arrows and aliens and swastikas and universes opening up everywhere, and shes just like "...what the hell am I looking at....screw it I`m just going with it" while still helping save the world from an evil army.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Hahahah, I was on the Legends Reddit (I know, Reddit is a hot mess) and some guy who doesn't want the show much posted something like "If this is supposed to be the fun show, WHY ARE MY CHEEKS SO WET?!?!", which, yeah it is the most fun of the shows, but it also has so much heart! I truly hope this crossover brings more people over here, it deserves more love. 

This must have been just the weirdest day ever for Zari. She`s still super new to the whole superhero gig (she just got her costume!), and now she is meeting all these superheroes and villains and theres robots and super powers and arrows and aliens and swastikas and universes opening up everywhere, and shes just like "...what the hell am I looking at....screw it I`m just going with it" while still helping save the world from an evil army.  

I'm one of those people who was on the fence, Hell, I actually stopped watching the show. My main complaint was with the Hawks AND Randall Savage. Okay, I'll admit that my REAL complaint was with Carter Hall, Hawkman. He was a lousy character and I couldn't see past Michael Shanks' version of Hawkman on "Smallville". Once the Hawks left the show, I revisited the series and grew to love it. It's a LOT of fun (except for Mick) and I actually liked that they were proud of their fuckups. Then "The Newbies" came on board and it became even more fun. Nate, Amaya, & Zari were great additions to the team. Sara, as Captain, replacing Rip Hunter, was a godsend. I love that the team is onboard with her as Captain and will follow her through Hell. Caity Lotz transition from "Arrow" to "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" was a smart move by The CW. LoT has become more fun to watch than the other shows in the Arrowverse. "The Flash" became too centered on Barry's Flashpoint mishap, and "Arrow" veered from "saving this city" to dealing with the Lazarus Pit and Damien Darhk and magic. "Supergirl" was always a favorite of mine even though the show didn't know how to deal with Jimmy Olsen. Right now, I'm fine with all four shows and a Crossover event is VERY welcome. I love when characters from the other shows appear on shows outside of their own. (Especially Felicity)

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

I'm one of those people who was on the fence, Hell, I actually stopped watching the show. My main complaint was with the Hawks AND Randall Savage. Okay, I'll admit that my REAL complaint was with Carter Hall, Hawkman. He was a lousy character and I couldn't see past Michael Shanks' version of Hawkman on "Smallville". Once the Hawks left the show, I revisited the series and grew to love it. It's a LOT of fun (except for Mick) and I actually liked that they were proud of their fuckups. Then "The Newbies" came on board and it became even more fun. Nate, Amaya, & Zari were great additions to the team. Sara, as Captain, replacing Rip Hunter, was a godsend. I love that the team is onboard with her as Captain and will follow her through Hell. Caity Lotz transition from "Arrow" to "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" was a smart move by The CW. LoT has become more fun to watch than the other shows in the Arrowverse.

This is so me.

I watched Arrow first and enjoyed S1 and S2 but it just got too dark and was no fun so I gave up.

I watched The Flash and have enjoyed it right from the jump.  Last season was a dark mess, but I refused to give up and they rebounded back really well this season. 

Wasn't on board with Supergirl because it was a CBS show and I tend to not watch CBS for reasons.  And I never could warm to it, so it remains the one show I never really watched.

I started watching LOTs when it came on but it was a mess and I felt it relied too heavily on The Hawks who I thought were the most charisma free couple on all of tv.  I gave it up really quickly only going back to catch one or two more shows later in S1 to see if it had improved it hadn't.  But then I happened to catch a random episode of S2 and I found myself enjoying the hell out of it.  Went back and watched the S2 eps I missed On Demand.  What a turnaround from S1!  I think the cast just clicked so hard.  The Spear of Destiny storyline, the quips, the fun villain triumvirate, and the chemistry of the cast had gelled so well it became my favorite of the shows.  And now the addition of Zari has made it even better.  Altho I still love the Flash, LOTs has edged ahead of it as my favorite of the shows.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I get what you're saying in general, but Felicity, Barry, Nate, Winn, and Cisco aren't gay or even bisexual. I'm not sure why you included them in the context of LGBT issues.

I meant to state that these are only some of the characters who have their own social struggles, personal demons, family issues, secrets to hide and/or other possible quirks or traits that every day people have as well. Felicity has a screwed up relationship with her mother, Barry's got his own issues, Nate has his good moments but struggles with confidence, Winn's dad was/is incarcerated and Cisco lost a sibling. I have students like that in my classroom every day of every hour. 

On 11/30/2017 at 11:09 AM, Bridget said:

If these shows can continue to create all types of characters that represent the real people of this world, write storylines with authenticity and cast amazing actors, they will not only continue to create awareness and acceptance for parents & family members of those who identify as LGBTQ (or parents who have younger kids who might  later "come out"), but they will also provide a platform to educate audiences and exemplify that these strong, badass characters of all races, genders, religions and sexual orientations aren't only on TV. 

• Love 1

What annoyed *me* was that the plot inexplicably had Kara and Alex go home right before Barry and Iris thought of having their nuptials in that spot. Kara should have heard Barry's vows and seen him tie the knot.

On 11/30/2017 at 7:23 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

like others have said, solar poisoning makes no sense)

We've seen Superman be affected by solar poisoning in the comics. The only problem was that we never got the details on the incident that happened to Overgirl and if it had anything to do with Earth-X's sky going dark. Obviously Sol-X's light still counted as yellow sunlight, or Overgirl wouldn't have had powers and wouldn't have had be to be weakened with red sunlight alongside Kara so she could be operated on.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

That's the typical tv trope. character gets killed when they were this close to retirement. I meant more VG would want to do a big death scene as an actor over just walking away happy.  He would want to show off his acting chops, and did he ever. I actually didn't start getting teary eyed until they showed the team and his family's reactions

Who wasn't there for the funeral? The Legends were all there, his wife, daughter and grandson were there, Team Flash was there (since they did know him too). That's pretty much all his family, friends and team members.  Then they showed the ones that were closest to him putting the dirt on his casket, his wife, Jax, Sara, Barry and Caitlin. 

Guess im just over the typical tv trope. :( Nobody was there from Arrow. It should have been everyone. He died for everyone. Or at least one from each show. That's the problem with putting in the xover, I wanted more xover representation. Otherwise I would have preferred him killed on Legends.

15 hours ago, johntfs said:

Stein was a Jewish man who was mortally wounded saving his friends and family from actual Third Reich fucking Nazis.  Then he died so that his "adopted" son, Jax, could live.  That's about as heroically awesome a death as one could wish to have.

I don't deny it wasn't heroic. I guess it felt manipulative to make it part of the crossover. I didn't appreciate the cliche trope feeling to it. Overall, I think I would have appreciated it on Legends. It felt like I couldn't full appreciate it. I wanted it to feel like Tommy, Moira or Snart's death. It sorta felt like they were just checking off a checkbox from a writing perspective. VG was amazing. But overall it fell flat for me.

I can't believe just a couple of moments made me ship Snart and The Ray, that is some kind of witchcraft! But then we're never gonna see them again? No fair!

I enjoyed all of the LOT characters quite a lot in the crossover, so much so that I'm thinking about marathoning the show at some point, once I've watched all the other shows on my watch list! :)

• Love 3

I thought this was a terrific crossover. Loved it. I watch Supergirl and The Flash and stopped watching Arrow in the middle of last season. Haven't watched LoT since the Hawks and the British guy from Broadchurch were still involved so I don't know any of the newer Legends. Sara seems to be a bit different than the last time that I watched. 

Loved all of the fight scenes, Sara/Alex, and the double wedding - which shocked me. I was aware that Victor Garber is headed to Broadway so I figured he would be the "shocking death" which the CW kept promoting. Still - all of his scenes with Jefferson were phenomenal. I cried real tears when he died and when Jefferson went to tell Clarissa the news. Well done! 

• Love 2
On 1/12/2017 at 1:23 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh, hey there @Princess Lucky! {waving} Too bad you gave up Arrow, cuz this season they have EVUHL FINCH!!!

Hi @GHScorpiosRule !! I am this close to watching Arrow again, solely for Michael Emerson. I haven't decided yet, but I'm seriously contemplating searching for his scenes on youtube. I adore him, I've loved him since Lost, I LIVED for him on Person of Interest, and seeing him as a villain again must be so much fun. I am tempted!

19 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Stein's death hit me a lot harder than I was expecting.  I was totally spoiled for it, so I knew it was coming, but I didn't just tear up, I was actually sobbing.  And then started crying again during the funeral.  I was a mess when the show was over.  Maybe that's part of why I have no particular feelings regarding the wedding, other than I was fine with it and that's it.  I had no feelings to spare.

I totally agree. I full-on sobbed when Stein died, and I wept during the funeral (Ray's face and Caitlin's mention of Ronnie really did me in, as did the Jax/Clarissa/Lilly hug), so when the weddings happened I was still wiping away my tears and thinking "Who? What? Oh okay. That's nice I guess."

18 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Absolutely agreed. Legends is just perfect in the way it combines humor and heart. And the reason it succeeds in both of those aspects is sincerity. Earnestness. The humor is dorky, and the characters know it (and the actors know it too). And the heart, the emotional scenes, they're earnest and loving and caring and the show doesn't shy away from that to preserve a character's "badassery" or whatever. It all just feels so genuine. I think the writing is somehow better, and the treatment of all the characters is definitely better and more balanced (especially the women), and the team dynamics are better explored, and the weekly time jump premise really helps the season progress without ever getting stale, and the cast is full of charming/endearing performers, so the show has a lot going for it in general, but the most important thing to me is that sincerity. That's why I'm emotionally invested in these dorks. Why I care what happens to them. Why I laugh and cry as I watch.

• Love 4

I forgot to post over here. I loved it. I was a little down after the Arrow episode. I think because it felt like an Arrow episode but Diggle wasn't there. But even that was fantastic on rewatch. I loved that they used Tommy. I think it worked better on rewatch because the change to Flash wasn't as dramatic as I thought it would be. And I got used to seeing Sara's stunt double. She was so noticeable and pointless. I was like p!ease go away with your bad wig. 

Stein and Jax ripped me open. I knew it would happen but I bawled like a baby. They got the reactions so right. Sara's little good bye head kiss reminded me both right before Smart died and the little head kiss she gave Jax. The picture Ray had of him and Stein. Do him that thus was the picture he chose. And Jax telling Stein's family. And him being a member if the family. And the Sara Oliver scene it really worked for me. They're my favs. I really appreciated that the reactions from the Flash cast. 

I loved how Legends used their and ast. Little Ray saving Kara. Nate's joke. Killer Frost's team up with Amaya and Zari. And then Cisco vibing. Then he and Harry flying the wave rider and he and Black Canary good pop culture reference scenes. I think all that worked well.

Someone told me the double wedding was also so legends and I kind of agree. It wasn't either couples' dream wedding, and even this wasn't perfect but it was still a feel good mess and a team up. Very legends.

I think some one suggestion that the spirit and feel of the individual shows would have worked better if Supergirl and The Flash would have switched places in the lineup? I can see that. I just hope that the crossover mini movie can be a part of all 4 shows' DVDs. I wish that they could cut a deal where Crisis on Earth X was put on Netflix as a mini movie. 

• Love 1

Fabulous four episodes. Well done to everyone involved.

Only thing i could have done without, although I understand why they did it, is the wedding at the end.

Also, Iris is life.

I'm amused that the actors don't think that the crossover could get "bigger" next season. I can think of a few things that could work...

Edited by Quark
21 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Or perhaps their version of the actual 1985 Crisis on Infinite Earths from the comics, only without killing off Barry Allen and Kara as the comics did?

And I just realized that the biggest platonic couple in the Arrowverse have counterparts that died in the Crisis. I wish I had lots of money. I'd commission an artist to  show Barry/Grant and Kara/Melissa reading those issues, faces recoiling in horror.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, doram said:

I personally don't care. I'd rather have s1!Iris who was "perfect in her imperfections" than the Stepford Iris we got in seasons 2/3 who didn't even bat an eyelash at discovering that her fiancé planned to murder her. 

Not "her" fiancé.  An evil remnant of him that had been created as a side-effect of Flashpoint.  And let's not forget that it was Iris who ended him, not Barry.

• Love 1

I'm just now done watching this. I thought The Ray was going to replace Firestorm- I was surprised when he left, especially when his boyfriend stayed. I didn't get the logic.

Where was earth X Barry? No one asked.

Edited by Hook75

Yeah, this crossover definitely beat Invasion. It topped it so hard, lol. I just hope for next year that we get the Legends more as a center piece, since they've been a bit shafted the last two years. Sara, Mick, and Firestorm (RIP) have been big staples in these things, but only because they originally came from Arrow or Flash. So yeah, it'd be nice to have Vixen for example across all four parts next year. 

And guys, I just have to say.... the Legends rescuing all the heroes from Star Labs was the most hype part of the crossover, lol. Oh, and the church fight scene (along with SG's sonic clap) was one the Arrowverse's BEST fights (if not the best).

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, teenj12 said:

And guys, I just have to say.... the Legends rescuing all the heroes from Star Labs was the most hype part of the crossover, lol.

I thought one of the more satisfying scenes was when the Nazis were retreated in terror from Amaya and Zari, two lovely badass women of color.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, johntfs said:

I thought one of the more satisfying scenes was when the Nazis were retreated in terror from Amaya and Zari, two lovely badass women of color.

That was part of the scene of the Legends swooping in and saving the day. I loved that they got to show they are in fact Legends and showed everyone how to work as a team. 

• Love 6