Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/06/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Just now, Haleth said:

I convinced myself I misheard and thought maybe she said Meggie. Thanks for the confirmation that I did hear right. 

I suppose it could have been "Meggie," but I re-wound it on the DVR before I posted. (I've since deleted the episode, though.)

5 minutes ago, bannana said:

MM today thought that Joy said bigots, when she said biggest.  She is just waiting for something to pounce on Joy.

Waiting? Gurrrl, she always pounces on Joy. Every fucking day. By being obnoxious and combative. I think the reason why everyone treats her with kid gloves is because she's also famous. Actually, because her father is famous. If she'd just been another foxbot without the McCain name, I doubt Whoopi would put up with her bullshit.

• Love 16
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Waiting? Gurrrl, she always pounces on Joy. Every fucking day. By being obnoxious and combative. I think the reason why everyone treats her with kid gloves is because she's also famous. Actually, because her father is famous. If she'd just been another foxbot without the McCain name, I doubt Whoopi would put up with her bullshit.

The way Whoopi allows her to get away with half of the crap she says, while going off on Sunny for her facial expressions, is getting on my nerves. 

• Love 21

Yeah, the stories about DB's book all said that she claimed the nomination was "rigged".  this led to headlines and stories about "crooked Hillary."  Now, DB says she never said it was rigged, but was not really successful in telling what the hell the issue was.  She is all over various TV shows selling her book, and  back-pedaling the "rigging" notion. 

2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

BINGO! Just like the other day when she said to Joy, "you want to repeal the 2nd amendment, right?" Wtf, Meghan? Joy never freakin' said that.

MM is just repeating the right-wing rhetoric, that there are only two sides to the gun issue - people who think more guns will make everyone safe, and people who want to outlaw all guns.   The Republicans presented Obama, and then Hillary as candidates who were going to come to your house and "take away your guns."  They don't want to look at measures to tighten up control over firearms licenses, or what kinds of weapons are sold, it's all or none.  

• Love 15
1 minute ago, backformore said:

Yeah, the stories about DB's book all said that she claimed the nomination was "rigged".  this led to headlines and stories about "crooked Hillary."  Now, DB says she never said it was rigged, but was not really successful in telling what the hell the issue was.  She is all over various TV shows selling her book, and  back-pedaling the "rigging" notion. 

What about the preview they showed yesterday? Or a clip of Brazile saying on another show how she "was pressured" to make Biden the candidate and push Hillary out? Or something like that? They all went like 'woaaaaa' and Meghan was absolutely gleeful when that clip aired. Or was that just another tease that they didn't bother to ask her about?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What about the preview they showed yesterday? Or a clip of Brazile saying on another show how she "was pressured" to make Biden the candidate and push Hillary out? Or something like that? They all went like 'woaaaaa' and Meghan was absolutely gleeful when that clip aired. Or was that just another tease that they didn't bother to ask her about?

I watched DB on a couple of shows, so I don't recall if she said it on The View - but from what I gather, when Hillary fainted, before it was known that it was due to pneumonia and that she would recover, there was talk of who would be the candidate if Hillary couldn't continue.   Though Bernie was in second place, there was pressure to have Biden as "plan B" to step in for Hillary.   I agree that the clip made it seem like it was  an explosive statement, but it wasn't a big deal .

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4
Just now, backformore said:

I watched DB on a couple of shows, so I don't recall if she said it on The View - but from what I gather, when Hillary fainted, before it was known that it was due to pneumonia and that she would recover, there was talk of who would be the candidate if Hillary couldn't continue.   Though Bernie was in second place, there was pressure to have Biden as "plan B" to step in for Hillary.   I agree that the clip made it seem like it was  an explosive statement, but it wasn't a big deal .

Ah. Thanks. No it wasn't a clip from the View, but Brazile was on another show and they used that to show what she was saying.

Another clip shown, taken out of context. Who would ever think to do such a thing? 

• Love 3

She said that the party chair could only replace the candidates under very specific circumstances, including incapacity.  Since Hillary wasn't deathly ill it wasn't an issue.  Yeah, the quote was blown way out of proportion. 

• Love 4

Donna Brazile will be on Chris Hayes' show tonight. Since it's one on one, if she obfuscates there, he'll keep on her until she answers the f'ing question. Plus, he's such a pro. Rachel category intellect. The View panelists are hindered in asking followup questions by having to take turns all the time. And some of them have difficulty getting their assigned question out coherently much less persist in getting the interviewee to answer. It's almost like today, Brazile was adopting a Kellyanne approach - "you asked this question, but I'm going to answer this one I like better." 

Brazile gets fact checked on rigged statement

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Yeah that interview was all over the place and a mess....MM was living as it makes the DNC and the party look bad...although she was more excited when she misheard and thought Joy said “bigot” and was about to go off on her about gun rights.

I actually thought Joy said bigot, not biggest. Joy was not in a good mood, not today. Joy was the one that said , what did you think I said..she could have let it go Im kinda glad she didnt :)

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Donna Brazile was all over the place in her interview.   She looks like she regrets writing her book.  She may had had legitimate grievances against the DNC, lord knows I got them, as a Democrat.  Now was not the time.  There is too much at stake to reopen old wounds. 

Why didnt she answer the question properly, about supplying Hillary with the questions?? I rewound that twice, and she talked all around that, but no really answer qualified that question( sunny asked)

• Love 2

The balls on the self proclaimed political analyst saying I hope you answer this honestly... I can't take her. Since she is the truth teller.    Brazile interview was just all kinds of useless. 

I agree on the lack of proper styling for MM, the lipstick made her teeth gray. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Why didnt she answer the question properly, about supplying Hillary with the questions?? I rewound that twice, and she talked all around that, but no really answer qualified that question( sunny asked)

She always obfuscates when she is caught in a lie. I remember when she was questioned by Megyn Kelly and could not lie to save her life about that same question. It was embarrassing, she started referencing her Christianity and never answered the question. Just like she did today.. She needs to shut the hell up and go somewhere..

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Donna Brazile will be on Chris Hayes' show tonight. Since it's one on one, if she obfuscates there, he'll keep on her until she answers the f'ing question. Plus, he's such a pro. Rachel category intellect. The View panelists are hindered in asking followup questions by having to take turns all the time. And some of them have difficulty getting their assigned question out coherently much less persist in getting the interviewee to answer. It's almost like today, Brazile was adopting a Kellyanne approach - "you asked this question, but I'm going to answer this one I like better." 

Brazile gets fact checked on rigged statement

Holy Hell! Even Brazile doesn't know how the fucking DNC works! I just read the second excerpt in the linked article. Too bad I can't say more.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

If Meghan McCain fixes her mouth to say "both sides" again I'm going to lose it. 

Sheesh, I've tried to give her a chance but I can't take it anymore - her condescending tone of voice, eye rolling and just overall personality. I didn't always agree with Jedediah Bilah but she was at least likable and had a sense of humor. 

Don't forget her enchanting vocal fry.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, useryikes said:

They aren't doing themselves any favors by having so many people doing the interviewing.  How about using only two panelists?  

When they do that, we have people that think MM or Joy have run away..nobody on this panel is afraid to ask a question, as  long as someone answer* cough* Donna B* cough*

So, good idea, as long as MM is one of them, she wasn't on eggshells around Donna today, thank goodness

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I am Canadian and I really didn't understand what DB was trying to say.  I have read other places about what happened and it seemed more clear.  DB seems very put upon, being the second choice all the time, and the clean up person.  I didn't know that so why would she put that out there?  She diminishes herself.

On a more shallow note, WTF was she wearing.  I was mesmerized by the half sleeve in red on only one arm.  And while I am being shallow, Meghan's  jacket was so ill fitting that the sleeves were all bunched up.  It is usually tough to find a jacket for big boobed women that fits across the chest and on the arms.  But I expect more from these people who have stylists.

MM today thought that Joy said bigots, when she said biggest.  She is just waiting for something to pounce on Joy.

WTF was she wearing and WTF is that hair color! Purple hair and shilling a book that denigrates her Democratic Party. Joy was not happy and Brazile dodged every question. I laughed when she told Whoopi to hold up her damn book. lol

• Love 9

This show really needs a hard-hitting journalist on the panel for episodes like these. I know Sara (and Paula, but she wasn't here today) has/have that background, but they need someone who is already well acquainted with the facts (as opposed to their opinions on the sound-bites they half-assed listened to and can recall), asks a well structured question, and has the ability to push back when those questions aren't answered. Brazile ran roughshod over the co-hosts, today.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Joy never let Bitsy get under her skin, so Meghan needs to give it up.  Joy is 75, she is a mom, grandma, making a great salary at this stage of her life.  She has better things, to do, than to tangle with the likes of a humorless, self-proclaimed,tough chick, like Meghan McCain.. Let it go, let it go. let it go, let it  go, Meghan, let it go..

I don't think MM is doing that, but we all see things differently..Joy agreed with her at one point, something to do with prayers..so , maybe Joy needs to get over the fact that MM isn't like any of the others that have been on the show, I'm watching because of MM( and not because I agree with her all the time) , I never did that with fluffy Jed,

I dont see MM as a tough chick, anymore than I see anyone on this panel as tough

Edited by NeverLate
5 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I don't think MM is doing that, but we all see things differently..Joy agreed with her at one point, something to do with prayers..so , maybe Joy needs to get over the fact that MM isn't like any of the others that have been on the show, I'm watching because of MM( and not because I agree with her all the time) , I never did that with fluffy Jed,

As did I, when it came to prayers. I also remember a passage in the Bible that says that faith without works is dead.  Liberals like me do read the Bible, so, I got a little chafe for the condescending comment by  Paul Ryan.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

As did I, when it came to prayers. I also remember a passage in the Bible that says that prayers without works is dead.  Liberals like me do read the Bible, so I got a little chafe for the condescending comment by  Paul Ryan.  

Yeah, that stuff never bothers me, pray dont pray, its up to you..while I'm spiritual, I'm not religious, so that stuff goes on my FF

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Yeah, that stuff never bothers me, pray dont pray, its up to you..while I'm spiritual, I'm not religious, so that stuff goes on my FF

Same here. I avoid the subject of religion like the plague. It is too loaded...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Same here.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, NeverLate said:

So, good idea, as long as MM is one of them, she wasn't on eggshells around Donna today, thank goodness

Why would she be on eggshells when the entire show is catering to her?

Meghan had her own agenda to spew during the Brazile interview--all Hillary all the time. She was probably pissed that Brazile didn't back up her saying Hillary "rigged" the primary like McCain's been proclaiming the past two days. When she was asking Brazile to give her the answer she wanted on the dossier, I wish Brazile had been lucid enough to say, "She didn't pay Russian informants, so I don't know what you're talking about."

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Why would she be on eggshells when the entire show is catering to her? Meghan had her own agenda to spew during the Brazile interview. She was probably pissed that Brazile didn't back up her saying Hillary "rigged" the election like McCain's been proclaiming the past two days. When she was asking Brazile to give her the answer she wanted on the dossier, I wish Brazile had said, "She didn't pay Russian informants, so I don't know what you're talking about."

She didnt? okay..well I dont see them walking on eggshells, unless they are running out of anyone on the left to be on the show.given the way they usually treat them. 

One of them should have said, Donna, you are not answering the question.  Yes or no?  She hedges again, then say I am going to keep asking this until you answer.  THAT was the way to handle that stupid twat.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, General Days said:

This show really needs a hard-hitting journalist on the panel for episodes like these. I know Sara (and Paula, but she wasn't here today) has/have that background, but they need someone who is already well acquainted with the facts (as opposed to their opinions on the sound-bites they half-assed listened to and can recall), asks a well structured question, and has the ability to push back when those questions aren't answered. Brazile ran roughshod over the co-hosts, today.

Agree!  Also, as I said before, when they have a newsmaker guest as opposed to a celebrity guest, less people conducting the interview, better research, better clothing (I'm sort of joking).

• Love 4
4 hours ago, General Days said:

I agree also, General Days.  The problem, though, is anyone with those credentials can get a better gig elsewhere and doesn't need to subject herself to the abuse of The View.  Nicolle was informed and interesting (as long as it wasn't about pop culture), but she was released for - and found - greater opportunity elsewhere.  Good for her.  Ana Navarro is a spunky conservative, but she's crossed over to "never trump" territory so wouldn't be stringent enough to fill the show's "profile" for the spot.  Tomi Lahren would be worse than MM.  Jedi again?  No thanks.  I got nothin'.

Edited by Tunia
Punctuation is a good thing.
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

People in the comment section on The View's YouTube clips from today's show are calling MM "Both Sides."

ex: "Both Sides looked nice today." Gave me a good chuckle :D

We need to create a list (hah a list w/I a list hee ) of all MMs spoonerisms.  They are flying everywhere.

Both Sides

Maverick

Im sorry.  All of a sudden im drawing a blank.  feel free to add

• Love 6
3 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I dont see MM as a tough chick, anymore than I see anyone on this panel as tough

I hope Joy squashes her like the bug that she is

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, Tammee said:

We need to create a list (hah a list w/I a list hee ) of all MMs spoonerisms.  They are flying everywhere.

Both Sides

Maverick

Im sorry.  All of a sudden im drawing a blank.  feel free to add

I'm down. 

Both Sides

Maverick

"My family served..." or something along those lines. She sure does love interjecting the accomplishments of her family in nearly every convo 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Joy asked Brazile the question about the timing of the book, but IMO she didn't get a straight answer. Brazile was all over the place on that question and Sunny's about the apology too. I don't like her as well as I thought I did. Too much prevaricating and deflecting.

Donna Brazile was on the show to sell books!   She tried to make the book a little provacative and it appears that it backfired a bit.

• Love 6

Whoopi and the NRA:  If she really believes in stronger controls on guns and national registry for background checks then she would lead the charge to stop giving her money to them.  I don't know if Whoopi is currently a member.  She was in 2012 but spoke out against the NRA in 2016.  So my rant might be for naught.

The NRA claims to have 4.5 million members at approximately $30 a year.  You can buy more years for a discount but lets keep the 1 year price as an example.  If 90% of the members are for more stringent controls on guns and they stopped their membership the entity would lose abut $121 million dollars per year.  I belong to the national association pertaining to librarians and years ago the association took a stand most librarian's did not like and a lot of us stopped our membership.  The next year they flipped their stance.

• Love 5

Once again, this show is two to three days behind. I'd heard about the woman who gave 45's motorcade the finger over the weekend. And a BIG reason they fired her was because the company she worked for was a government contractor. And the dude that is still there? He was allowed to remove the filthy stuff he'd posted and then they let him stay, but wouldn't give her the same courtesy. So, no, Whoopi. There is no "more" to tell with this story. Unless it's to learn she's sued her old job.

Meghan is just the worst. She thinks and is more upset, or rather, according to her, it would be worse for those that actually survive another bomb, than the ones who are actually killed IF North Korea should bomb us? If this is her attempt at showing how "compassionate" she is, she FAILED. Bigly.

I wasn't terribly surprised how Brazile dodged the questions and wouldn't answer directly. And woman, you did say rigged in your book. Did you actually write it? Or just forget? Yes, Yes, you also said you were there to cut out the "cancer" that was in the DNC, but you also wrote and said that you "found" that Hillary had somehow, with her magickal powers, rigged the primaries in her favor. So just take several seats, please.

And STFU, Meghan. Who does she think she is? Chris Wallace? Bill O'Reilly? Sean Hannity? Just STOP with the aggressive in your face pronouncements before you start asking questions of political guests. "I hope you'll be honest," my ass. She is as stupid and uninformed as Bitsy was/is. She was all "Tell me! Admit it! Hillary COLLUDED with Russia to get dirt on Trump!" Admit iiiiiit! And unless Brazile agrees with Meghan, she should have shut that down with a NO. Instead she's all "I wasn't part of that...I don't know what was discussed..." blah, blah, blah. 

If Sunny read her book, or if Meghan did, I'm sure the latter would have fact checked Brazile, by pointing out she did write "rigged." I'm very disappointed that Sunny didn't bring that up. Or Joy. Oh, and Sara, do be quiet. Acting as if this book is the "ANSWER and PROOF" to all of the whispers. Or if any of this is new information. Oh and the answer to those leaked questions/email? My eyes rolled so hard. Brazile "couldn't find her server?" What the fuck? Do she have her own private server now? That part was one whole convoluted mess, with her going back and forth between server and emails.

Due to some personal stuff, I didn't get a chance to watch Chris Hayes last night, but I did record it. So I'm hopeful he was more...hard hitting.

• Love 11

Just watched the clusterfuck that was the Donna Brazile segments.  I don't have much confidence in the interrogation skills of our esteemed panelists, but DB was just belligerently evasive.  I can't believe anyone would buy her book (and hope that no one does), after that ridiculous performance.  She was the interim DNC chief and now this is how she acts?!  After her team lost the race in 2000, DB should've been sent packing.  No wonder the Democratic party is in disarray with people like this in charge.  Time to clean house.

And seriously Joy, "Mook is upset with you."  Who gives a shit, thanks to his awful campaign strategy we have the Orange Menace in the White House.

• Love 12