Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/06/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:

The Political View with Sen. Jeff Flake; "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday:

The Political View with former chair of the Democratic National Committee Donna Brazile (author, "Hacks: The Inside Story of the Break-Ins and Breakdowns That Put Donald Trump in the White House")

Wednesday:

Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall and Clinton Kelly (ABC's "The Chew"; cookbook "The Chew: Quick & Easy—Stress Free Recipes for Every Occasion")

Thursday:

ABC News' Martha Raddatz ("The Long Road Home")

Friday:
Day of Hot Topics

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They're going to slobber all over Jeff Flake because he came out against Trump, even though he's just another run of the mill right wing ideologue.

Yup.

Love Martha Raddatz.

• Love 2

Okay, girls & boys, now they're doing "View Your Deal" seven minutes into the show ... stopping a serious conversation to do it.  Gawd!

I love Joy, but she tells Flake that using an AR15 to shoot animals "Isn't fair to the animals!"  Joy, these guys are "hunters" & fair doesn't enter into the equation.  Gawd!

• Love 10

I'm shocked, shocked that Whoopi is making sense about Bernie and the DNC. Joy doesn't like it but Whoop's was right.

i agree about the deals being awkward breaks in the conversation. 

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Okay, girls & boys, now they're doing "View Your Deal" seven minutes into the show ... stopping a serious conversation to do it.  Gawd!

I love Joy, but she tells Flake that using an AR15 to shoot animals "Isn't fair to the animals!"  Joy, these guys are "hunters" & fair doesn't enter into the equation.  Gawd!

I LOL when Joy said that. 

The view your deal interruption is really annoying, interrupting a conversation about guns and death, to go to "buy this fluffy hat", is demeaning to the audience.

I'll give it to Whoopi, she made sense about Bernie.

MM hair looks lovely today, I'll throw in my shallow remark now.

• Love 5

I hope Sunny is back tomorrow for the Brazile interview, since it was clear today that neither Joy or Whoopi have read anything about what she's said. Meghan saying that Brazile said the primary was rigged was the exact opposite of what Brazile has actually been saying, yet she received no pushback for it (shocker).

• Love 13
58 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I agree, and in fact, that's when I turned it off.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Tunia said:

I believe she mentioned last week that she'll be in Puerto Rico for this entire week.

Of course she will. That's not a knock against Sunny, but against the show. The only person who can ask cogent and hard questions will not be there. Unless they have her call in (if she can) from Puerto Rico.

• Love 7

I thought Sunny said she would be back Wednesday( in the clip), I saw a good report on Puerto Rico on 60 minutes, and the enormity of the project. I will be interested to see what she says..I didn't miss her at all today.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

But those rabbits can be vicious.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I thought Sunny said she would be back Wednesday( in the clip),

Just checked the tape and she says "That special report is coming to you on Wednesday from Puerto Rico."

• Love 3

I hope someone (Joy ?) has the guts to ask Brazile about the timing of her book. Why do your book tour right before a very consequential election for the party you represent? Did Brazile get some kind of bonus if she came out with the book before the Virginia gubernatorial election? 

• Love 14

Wow, today's show. Interrupt serious segments to sell stuff through "view your deal," then go to commercial to sell other stuff.  

Between the products they're selling ON the show and the products they sell during commercial breaks, there is little time left for actual content.

• Love 18

They were spouting all kinds of misinformation about the shootings in Texas. They should wait for the facts to come out before commenting about specific details.

Do you ever notice Meghan's eyes shifting all over the place? She needs to learn to concentrate. Did you know she's a card carrying member of the NRA and quite proud of that fact?

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 12

I have been fast fowarding through Whoopi"s long winded, fact free tutorials for years. I shut off the show  when Monday's "View Deal" segments begin.  I now have begun to fast forward though MM's entitled, condescending, "poor me" lectures. With today's continual interruptions throughout the show, interrupting serious topics to sell more stuff, I am going to have to stop recording the show. There will be nothing left to watch. If I want to shop from home, there is the Home Shopping Channel.

• Love 9

Are they going to sit there tomorrow and just take every thing Donna Brazile says at face value or actually challenge the claims she hasn't backtracked on? 

I have a guess.....

I get weird vibes from Sara and how she treats Joy. Joy says something and Sara pipes in to sort of correct her or offer an apology like statement to the whoever Joy is interviewing. It's like Joy is Sophia and Sara is Dorothy trying to clean up a cutting remark or out of place comment from her elderly mother. It makes me uncomfortable.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 8

I

I get weird vibes from Sara and how she treats Joy. Joy says something and Sara pipes in to sort of correct her or offer an apology like statement to the whoever Joy is interviewing. It's like Joy is Sophia and Sara is Dorothy trying to clean up a cutting remark or out of place comment from her elderly mother. It makes me uncomfortable.

I have been noticing this lately, too.  Sara has gradually grown more comfortable in respectfully expressing her well thought out views....until recently. She seems to have assumed it is her role to "soften" Joy's and occasionally Sunny's remarks by rewording them to lessen MM's offense. This is yet another example of the panelists walking on eggshells around MM.  One can only wonder what hand Whoopi plays in Sara's new role. Whoopi uncharacteristically sits quietly, while Sara protects the feelings of the "tough chick". 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

They were spouting all kinds of misinformation about the shootings in Texas. They should wait for the facts to come out before commenting about specific details.

Misinformation galore! It didn't surprise me coming from Whoopi, but JOY, c'mon! The least they could have done was watch Good Morning America and repeated the info. GMA even interviewed the man that followed the shooter with his own gun. Synergy, ladies, look it up!

Another thing: we all can agree that the shooter is mentally ill, but because Trump said it, then it's ridiculous? 

Trump: "The shooter was mentally ill."

Joy: "YOU'RE mentally ill!"

Great comeback, Joy.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, heart2hearttime said:

I

I have been noticing this lately, too.  Sara has gradually grown more comfortable in respectfully expressing her well thought out views....until recently. She seems to have assumed it is her role to "soften" Joy's and occasionally Sunny's remarks by rewording them to lessen MM's offense. This is yet another example of the panelists walking on eggshells around MM.  One can only wonder what hand Whoopi plays in Sara's new role. Whoopi uncharacteristically sits quietly, while Sara protects the feelings of the "tough chick". 

I think Sara has found her voice, I enjoy her more than I did.

Today was very subdued , I don't think anyone was out of place in what they said, or didnt say. Days where they talk over each other is never pleasant.

• Love 3

Another thing: we all can agree that the shooter is mentally ill, but because Trump said it, then it's ridiculous? 

I don't know that everyone is in agreement on that.  He had a history of domestic violence leading to a dishonorable discharge from the service. The church he shot up was one which his in-laws attended. None of that indicates mental illness.

Violence and mental illness are separate issues.  

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, backformore said:

I don't know that everyone is in agreement on that.  He had a history of domestic violence leading to a dishonorable discharge from the service. The church he shot up was one which his in-laws attended. None of that indicates mental illness.

Anyone who commits mass murder IS mentally ill. What else could explain this behaviour. No sane person would do this.

• Love 5

It is not only a mental health issue, but a gun problem as well. There are far too many guns in America and I really don’t understand the need for anyone other than cops, the military and perhaps a few hunters to possess a gun. Hopefully, this comment doesn’t get me suspended. I’m really confused about was is allowed to be posted. I feel that I have posted similar comments as many others, but for some reason mine get removed and their comments remain.

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

It is not only a mental health issue, but a gun problem as well. There are far too many guns in America and I really don’t understand the need for anyone other than cops, the military and perhaps a few hunters to possess a gun. Hopefully, this comment doesn’t get me suspended. I’m really confused about was is allowed to be posted. I feel that I have posted similar comments as many others, but for some reason mine get removed and their comments remain.

You're just voicing your opinion, and it is relevant to the situation.  Nothing wrong with that.  That's what this forum is about. Different discussions from different people, to..oh I don't know... see their V I E W?  Hee sorry.  Commence whipping.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, backformore said:

There are thousands of men/women who commit domestic violence. They don't all commit mass murder. Something is off.

• Love 3

I don't miss Jedi, and I don't want her back, but MM is not growing on me at all. I hate the way she always singles out Joy for her "fights". And I'm sick of hearing she's a "political analyst" or is it "political commentator".  Oh, and a NRA member.

And, you know, since she's a NRA member, you think she'd be able to articulate why guns are so important to so many Americans.  But instead she just tried to start an argument with Joy.

Interestingly, The Talk had a much more respectful discussion about the massacre in Texas today.  And they simply cut to a commercial at the end of the discussion, unlike The View which had that embarrassing "view your deal" sales pitch before their commercial break.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Wow! Joy and Whoopi would be impressed with all that you know about the shooter!

Not snarking on you. Snarking the ill-informed Joy and Whoopi. ?

Dagnabbit.  I really hate when you get those big paragraphs done, never type that much, thoughts and theories on this guy... and something eats it.  All gone, no post *poof*  im not retyping it all.  *poof*

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because they’re evil. Sociopaths. They have no remorse. One can be a mass murderer and perfectly sane.

And JEEBUS CRIPES IN A FUCKING CRACKER.

No, Meghan, there weren’t  “checks and balances in place” to prevent domestic abusers from getting guns when this murderer got them. He has a history of abuse that lasts longer than a year. The Supreme Court just made it a law that they couldn’t.??

And as for those that suffer from mental illness? Well 45, months ago undid Obama’s policy making it impossible for those who do suffer from mental illness, to get guns. 

No one needs semi automatic or automatic weapons to defend themselves. We are fortunate right now that we don’t live in a country that is a war zone.

And Flake can just fuck off. Sure, toot your horn how you are against 45, but conveniently leave out that you voted FOR everything he is undoing of Obama’s legacy. When he smiles, he reminds me of Huckabee. Smarmy. He also didn’t answer Sara’s question about where HE stands on the issue of stricter gun control. Just went off on a tangent about a bill for mental illness checks. And when Joy asked him about the obstruction, he pulled an “aboutisn” by bringing up Dubya.  He didn’t answer a fucking thing. Good riddance. If he feels he can’t wait n as a Republican, then switch to an Independent. No way would he go to a Democrat.

Thank you, Whoopi for what you said about Bernie and especially the “boo hoo.” Here’s the thing-Bernie wasn’t entitled to the money in the DNC that the ladies and his supporters are bleating about. Hillary was because she was the nominee. Had he won the nomination, HE would have had the right to use them. So since he didn’t win, that money wasn’t his to use.

And Flake is NO HERO.

In the official Diagnosis tree, sorry can't think of the name right now..  anyway, sociopath is in the mental section, not the medical section

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Coming from a family of hunter and former hunters - you would destroy the meat by using an AR15 or other high powered rifles.  Hunting for food is one thing, killing for sport is quite another.  Every member of my family that still hunt have dropped out of the NRA years ago for they don't want their money going to what the NRA now stands for.

8 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Why do they need to flog stuff on this show? I guess I don't get it...

[whispers] Because people like me love the deals.  I bought the freezer lunch bags and I swear by them and it was a huge deal with free shipping and I got them in 2 days.  I am loving the $5, $10 gifts for stocking stuffers and staff at work......................................................

I almost fell off my shoes when I agreed with Whoopi on the whole Sanders thing.  I am very well read and keep up on politics, blah blah blah.  I could not get why he ran on the Dem ticket.  I thought it was so we would not have another Nader incident but it happened anyways.  I like Bernie Sanders, I do.  I just think he is too far left, I am right there with him, to get elected now.  The country has gone to the far right and we need a moderate to get back on track.  

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Fine. Just evil. Those people do exist.

Very much so.  It does bring up a hypothetical question.  Do you think one is born with sociopathic tendencies?  Or is it a product of environment creating the sociopath?  I think they lean towards born with due to how its coded.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

And, you know, since she's a NRA member, you think she'd be able to articulate why guns are so important to so many Americans.

I would love to hear this, because I don't understand it.

• Love 6