Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/06/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Due to some personal stuff, I didn't get a chance to watch Chris Hayes last night, but I did record it. So I'm hopeful he was more...hard hitting.

He was and Donna Brazile  was an embarrassment.  He was throwing barbs at her, while smiling and joking with her.   He actually told her that she got a reprieve because the Dems won big last night.

• Love 14

Can't wait hearing MM insist Democratic election wins last night, were the result of Democrats successfully spreading lies, innuendos & misinformation about those fine, upstanding, Trump supporting, Republican candidates, to voters in all those states. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Can't wait hearing MM insist Democratic election wins last night, were the result of Democrats successfully spreading lies, innuendos & misinformation about those fine, upstanding, Trump supporting, Republican candidates, to voters in all those states. 

She might surprise  us and actually say nothing. I remember how Bitsy had a plastered smile on her face after Obama won in 08...lol It was glorious to see her so shock, after  spending months, shrieking  incessantly, Reverend Wright, Reverend Wright, Reverend Wright..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

He was and Donna Brazile  was an embarrassment.

The worst thing for me? And it's really odd, considering everything else. But when Joy asked her about the timing of her book coming out now, all she said was "well, everyone ELSE got to write a book! I have every right to write one, too!" And...that wasn't what Joy was asking.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The worst thing for me? And it's really odd, considering everything else. But when Joy asked her about the timing of her book coming out now, all she said was "well, everyone ELSE got to write a book! I have every right to write one, too!" And...that wasn't what Joy was asking.

I kinda feel sorry for her. I don't think that she is a bad person. She used to be really good on CNN.  I think that she was disillusioned with her party and felt that she had to do something. However, this was not the way.  I would have had more respect for her, if she remained in the DNC and worked to affect change from within, by mentoring  young Democrats, at the local level, who are green and raising money for them. Trashing the party like that and giving red meat to their adversaries was a bad move. I do think that she will be shunned by her party.  Does she really think that the Fox News crowd is going to accept a Black Lesbian Democrat.  Come on!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I kinda feel sorry for her. I don't think that she is a bad person.

I don't. And while I don't think she's a bad person, either, she had to have known the backlash that would happen with what she wrote. And instead of owning it, she's backpedaling.

• Love 21
42 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

I guarantee she'll mention something about "both sides." 

Meghan "Both Sides" McCain :D

• Love 6

Not even 15 minutes in:

- Meghan "Both Sides" McCain mistakenly calls VA a blue state but was swiftly corrected by Joy. For someone constantly touting their knowledge of politics, I don't understand how she didn't know this. It's a purple state.

- She says she wouldn't look too deeply into these wins, a statement many right-wing pundits are using to undercut the significance of last night's results. She did eventually give the Democrats credit.

- "Things will get worse before it gets better," MM said. Whoopi quickly inserted, "well things are good today," or something along those lines.

• Love 18
Just now, Haleth said:

The situation is tragic in PR  but is just as bad in the USVIs.  My family in St Croix has been without power since hurricane Irma and are not expected to get it back for 6 months.  The is very little mention of this. 

Very sad..Im sorry about USVI and your family :( 

Whoopi is talking with her mouth full, so I have to shut it off..ugh

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

She says she wouldn't look too deeply into these wins, a statement many right-wing pundits are using to undercut the significance of last night's results. She did eventually give the Democrats credit

So when Republicans win elections it's "the people have spoken" but when Democrats when elections it's "it doesn't really mean anything"?  Yeah Ok.  Both sides Meghan McCain can just shut it.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I kinda feel sorry for her. I don't think that she is a bad person.

I don't. And while I don't think she's a bad person, either, she had to have known the backlash that would happen with what she wrote. And instead of owning it, she's backpedaling.

IMO Donna Brazile as mentioned above might have thought she was helping her party by blowing it up.  That was a serious miscalculation on her part.  If Democrats had lost big yesterday I guarantee the blame would  have wrongly or rightly been laid at her feet.

I don't mind her as a pundit on news shows but perhaps she should step away from any future jobs requiring political strategy.  If her book was any indication her political savvy is lacking.

• Love 23
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, Haleth. And it's OUTRAGEOUS that both the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are still suffering and without power and the basic necessities. FEMA and The White House should be ASHAMED. And FUCKING DO SOMETHING.

Fema is doing a lot, they need 68000 towers, that have transported from a port, to PR..sixty eight thousand, the army are working their butts off as well. If you can, check out 60 minutes report..because the enormity of this project is overwhelming, they also showed that before the hurricane , the grid was not looked after, it owed money, it was rusty..so its an awful thing, but it will be better in the long run for PR, because electricity would go off and on at certain times..I'm  honestly not being political here, or making excuses, it wiped the island to nothing, they have a guy who was looking after Houston on the job, and he said it could take another 2 months..and I kept thinking ..as bad as it is,  Im glad they arent here, it goes to -30..I feel so sad, but to say nothing is being done, isn't right..

Those 68000 towers then have to be erected, so that will take time..there are still some parts of PR that people cannot get to. Many from PR have left to go to other cities, and I cant say I blame them. One lady said, our home is demolished, what do I have..I cried with them.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Fema is doing a lot, they need 68000 towers, that have transported from a port, to PR..sixty eight thousand, the army are working their butts off as well. If you can, check out 60 minutes report..because the enormity of this project is overwhelming, they also showed that before the hurricane , the grid was not looked after, it owed money, it was rusty..so its an awful thing, but it will be better in the long run for PR, because electricity would go off and on at certain times..I'm  honestly not being political here, or making excuses, it wiped the island to nothing, they have a guy who was looking after Houston on the job, and he said it could take another 2 months..and I kepyt thinking go, Im glad they arent here, it goes to -30..I feel so sad, but to say nothing is being done, isnt right..

I think that the people who are living in Puerto Rico and the Virgin islands would have a better idea of what is going on over there.  They are living it day and day out. Plus the indifference that was shown to them, in the immediate aftermath of the hurricanes was very telling.  It was a very different than the response that Florida and Texas got.  I wonder why, is it because they went Red, last November. The people of Puerto Rico were derided as being lazy and looking for a handout, while the People of the Virgin Islands were forgotten.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that the people who are living in Puerto Rico and the Virgin islands would have a better idea of what is going on over there.  They are living it day and day out. Plus the indifference that was shown to them, in the immediate aftermath of the hurricane was very telling.  It was a very different than the response that Florida and Texas got.  I wonder why, is it because they went Red, last Novemeber.

They couldn't get there..they could not get to a port, because the ports were demolished..as I said 60 minutes was very interesting. PR is an island, its not like Houston, btw my husbands friend lives in Houston, his house was flooded, and he has had to move away..he did not think that the response was so great!

I'm just saying what I saw, of course the people in PR know more, but do they know that 68000 towers are needed, they need to rebuild the whole electrical grid, and they had to stop at one point for fear another hurricane was developing...

Im just hoping, a better PR will be built, that's all..

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

They couldn't get there..they could not get to a port, because the ports were demolished..as I said 60 minutes was very interesting. PR is an island, its not like Houston, btw my husbands friend lives in Houston, his house was flooded, and he has had to move..

I'm just saying what I saw, of course the people in PR know more, but do they know that 68000 towers are needed, they need to rebuild the whole electrical grid, and they had to stop at one point for fear another hurricane was developing...

Im just hoping, a better PR will be built, that's all..

The French Caribbean was hit by hurricanes as well. Somehow France was able to help her citizens.  St Martin was hit pretty hard, their famous airport was destroyed.  The same goes for the  Netherlands and her territories, Great Britain did the same as well. They took care of their people. No public official had to beg their government for food and water..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 23
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

The French Caribbean was hit by hurricanes as well. Somehow France was able to help her citizens.  St Martin was hit pretty hard, their famous airport was destroyed.  The same goes for the  Netherlands and her territories, Great Britain did the same as well. they took care of their people. 

Okay, well your mind is made up, I'll move on..I dont think the places you mentioned had two hurricanes go right through the middle of said places..no matter, I was just trying to provide some facts after I saw what I did.. GB had a hell of a time btw, I'm from there...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Okay, well your mind is made up, I'll move on..I dont think the places you mentioned had two hurricanes go right through the middle of said places..no matter, I was just trying to provide some facts after I saw what I did.. GB had a hell of a time btw, I'm from there...

I was talking about our government's response to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. They were denigrated, as far as I am concern. I am from the Caribbean and I have family over there..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17

The woman Sunny visited brought me to tears.  What is she going to do?  Really, what?  Who or what can help individuals tear down, re build and furnish a new house.  One that is built to cat 5 hurricane standards as we have in FL now.  I have a hunch we will never know.  We don't know what happened with those who were evacuated after Katrina.  They went to Houston initially and then where?  

Sunny needs a stylist.  Her choices stun.  

• Love 7

Are the recipes The Chew crew brought out posted somewhere? I appreciated Mario's shade about Whoopi's eating habits ("salt and meat"). Did not appreciate her talking with her mouth full.  

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Are the recipes The Chew crew brought out posted somewhere? I appreciated Mario's shade about Whoopi's eating habits ("salt and meat"). Did not appreciate her talking with her mouth full.  

She is just gross, this food BS around the table is just that, BS

38 minutes ago, wings707 said:

The woman Sunny visited brought me to tears.  What is she going to do?  Really, what?  Who or what can help individuals tear down, re build and furnish a new house.  One that is built to cat 5 hurricane standards as we have in FL now.  I have a hunch we will never know.  We don't know what happened with those who were evacuated after Katrina.  They went to Houston initially and then where?  

Sunny needs a stylist.  Her choices stun.  

Choices stunk? I agree, that toilet paper blouse she had on one week..it was nearly down to the floor, and today a sleeve is missing..terrible 

• Love 1
Just now, wings707 said:

No, I meant stun.  They stun me to the point of no words. 

Oh, LOL. I thought you missed a letter, sorry.:) yeah they stun me how bad they are, she's a petite woman, most anything would look good on her, but she dresses weird at times

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, wings707 said:

The woman Sunny visited brought me to tears.  What is she going to do?  Really, what?  Who or what can help individuals tear down, re build and furnish a new house. 

Your mention of this specific woman has me very torn, Wings707.  My heart goes out to the people of Puerto Rico and the USVI but Sunny's video sadly and unwittingly brings up a point which I'm sure she didn't intend - that of personal responsibility.

First let me say that I totally believe that our citizens deserve all the donations and assistance that the U.S. can render.  There's certainly no argument with that fact.  But here's where I start ducking tomatoes:  After two months I would think that it's time for people to start addressing and attempting to care for their personal space in which they must currently reside from day to day.  Ceiling boards still on the bedroom floor?  Rotting food still in the refrigerator?  It's difficult to understand why they haven't addressed at least the very basics of their own living space.  Is it that their depression has led them to a state of total inertia?  It's terribly sad, but I would think that exercising the little control they DO have could at least lift their spirits and, to some point, improve their immediate surroundings.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but FEMA isn't going to clean out a refrigerator.  FEMA's purpose to be there is thousands of times larger.  But how many times do you trip over boards on the floor before you move them out of the way?  How long do you smell rotting food before you remove it from the premises?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Sunny I have your other sleeve!!!!!! LOL gosh that's fugly

I am not one to comment on clothing.  Right now I am sitting here, and have been to the store, in yoga pants and my brother's shirt I stole from him 20 years ago.......Why?  Why?  Who would make that dress?  I get contrast but the pink silky sleeve did not blend well with the dark orangey heavy material.  It was hideous.

Well guys I took one for the team.  Getting those "correct" statistics on the NRA now has me seeing ads for joining the NRA all over my computer.  Your welcome.

• Love 15

I don't mean to sound harsh, but FEMA isn't going to clean out a refrigerator.  FEMA's purpose to be there is thousands of times larger.  But how many times do you trip over boards on the floor before you move them out of the way?  How long do you smell rotting food before you remove it from the premises?

This is exactly what my husband said when they showed that fridge, 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

I don't know about the specific recipes from today, but The chew recipes has all the recipes from their show.  Really good recipes. My go to chili recipe is Clinton Kelly's turkey white bean chili.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Please know, Wings, that I was simply responding to your post, not critiquing your thoughts.  It wasn't meant personally!  :-)

OH I totally got that!  Absolutely.  

• Love 2

Since PR doesnt have any infrastructure and therefore no garbage pickup, perhaps the food is better left in the fridge than outside with dogs and other animals ripping through it. She probably has no trash bags and no garbage cans. We had a minor wind storm in my neighborhood and it took days or more to locate the trash cans. She can't move everything out to the curb for pickup as in Houston or Florida.  I can't imagine the hopelessness that poor woman is probably experiencing.

• Love 23
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that the people who are living in Puerto Rico and the Virgin islands would have a better idea of what is going on over there.  They are living it day and day out. Plus the indifference that was shown to them, in the immediate aftermath of the hurricanes was very telling.  It was a very different than the response that Florida and Texas got.  I wonder why, is it because they went Red, last November. The people of Puerto Rico were derided as being lazy and looking for a handout, while the People of the Virgin Islands were forgotten.  

Because our leader was busy tweeting for 4 days about the important  NFL kneeling. Then when he finally addressed it lied about the catagory and made it about money /debt. 

Morglisa we were typing at same time!! 

Well Sunny said the 65 year old couldn't live there so maybe she's elsewhere during the day and sleeps upstairs at night  I'm sure that not everyone leaves their refrig with rotting food in it.   Something tells me if that woman lives alone she can't pick up the ceiling and move it to where?   I know when a earth quake rolled thru my house I remained in shock for a bit where my husband immediately started sweeping up broken glass and mopping liquids and putting  furniture up right.   The thought of the diabetic  wading through that sewage filled water made me very sad.   A cut on his leg would cause havoc.  

All the positive elections results they were so happy about and MM sour faced pursed lips , things are going to get worse before getting better?!  wTF?!!   Wish  I could FF thru all of the damage the republicans savor. Yay cut out lunches for poor children, yay cut back Medicare for seniors in nursing homes. Too cranky to watch the food consumption. 

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It wasn't just indifference, it was outright hostility.  "They want things handed to them."

Exactly,  we understand that people are trying to help . It is the disgusting bullshit that this administration said that angers me. "They want things handed to them. " Disgusting! and nothing is going to change my mind about what the reason was/is.

Sunny's segment about  PR made me sad but also angered me! To have our President  dismiss their suffering is maddening. 

USVI needs more attention for sure. 

Id rather keep food in a closed fridge than out for rats and other animals to get . As was pointed out upthread. There is no garbage pick up. 

That was one woman we saw, not  tens of people with their homes in that shape,  maybe she has no one to help her. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 22

I tried looking on all of The View's social media pages earlier and didn't see any reply to multiple inquiries about the recipes on today's show. Maybe they'll post them tomorrow since a lot of people were asking. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Something tells me if that woman lives alone she can't pick up the ceiling and move it to where?   

3 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Since PR doesnt have any infrastructure and therefore no garbage pickup, perhaps the food is better left in the fridge than outside with dogs and other animals ripping through it. She probably has no trash bags and no garbage cans. <snip> She can't move everything out to the curb for pickup as in Houston or Florida.  

2 hours ago, imjagain said:

Id rather keep food in a closed fridge than out for rats and other animals to get . As was pointed out upthread. There is no garbage pick up. 

Burn it?  Bury it?  Both?  She didn't have a mountain of food in there - just a few shelves and the refrigerator door.  Surely in two months' time she could find some method of disposal, and at the very least could push the few boards aside so that she could walk into the bedroom. 

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2

It’s clear to me that Meghan is not happy (if her constant sour face is any indication) on this show.  But today she couldn’t make it more obvious that she didn’t want to be there. One would think that 45 is her father, based on the disgust and anger that was simmering in her eyes and face. There was her passive aggressive comment about how she didn’t know what the applause was for, while giving the audience a dirty look. Really? She didn’t know? When Whoopi has just finished announcing the election results and how it was a victory for the Democrats? Followed by her word salad as to why she thinks they won and why it doesn’t matter. And what will get worse? She called Northam as someone who “is the swamp” in Washington, so people shouldn’t be that happy he won? And GURRRL, PLEASE. Gillespie was absolutely someone who embraced 45 and his policies (from what’s been reported after 45 disavowed him after his loss), so don’t be talking revisionist shit that this victory doesn’t mean that people are using their vote to count, doesn’t count.????

And she sat there, no smile, didn’t touch the cap that Sunny brought back from Puerto Rico.

She adds nothing to the conversation and personally, I think maybe she should go back to her people who think and feel as she does.

Though I could hardly hear her, I am glad Whoopi was able to say that today was a good day.

33 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I tried looking on all of The View's social media pages earlier and didn't see any reply to multiple inquiries about the recipes on today's show. Maybe they'll post them tomorrow since a lot of people were asking. 

Yes! I want the recipe for that Apple tart? Pie???

Will comment about Sunny’s report in a bit.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16
59 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Per The Daily Mail article about Meghan needing talk show classes, how about Whoopi? Maybe they could be in a study group together. 

Are the recipes from today's show posted somewhere? I know how to access The Chew's recipes.

Let us know if they are posted there.  Thx

2 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Something else I caught:

On yesterday's episode, "Both Sides" McCain said that the results of the election will be telling...

...fast forward to today's show after the election and now she's all, "I wouldn't look too much into it/blue state/it'll get worse before it gets better."

I wish someone would have took her to task on that flip-flop of a statement...

Hmmmm im still not sold on 'Both Sides' McCain.  Seems kind of long.  What about 'BS McCain' ?  heee we can have the official BS Meter

1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Per The Daily Mail article about Meghan needing talk show classes, how about Whoopi? Maybe they could be in a study group together. 

Are the recipes from today's show posted somewhere? I know how to access The Chew's recipes.

P,s,  don't repost them here, not sure if thats legal. I would just say yes/no

• Love 6

So, today the Bleached-out Grinch says that Jersey Shore young folks were having sex so much  like " heathens" on that old show--which I didn't watch. Is this the same MM who said she loved sex and brags about her big tits, and (the other day) talked about sex on a campaign being a good thing???  

What a hypocrite!!!  Talk about both sides or talking out both sides of her face. 

So her future MIL watches the show???  What?  She's not able to  read MM's book?  Ghost-written or plagiarism is in her son's wheelhouse. MIL  should be used to that.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It’s clear to me that Meghan is not happy (if her constant sour face is any indication) on this show.  But today she couldn’t make it more obvious that she didn’t want to be there. 

So I was curious about how Meghan McCain acted during her previous job as a "political analyst" over at Fox and boy oh boy... the more I watch, the more I'm convinced that she truly is a "mean girl."

Mark 2:23 on the clip above from Dec 2016, she says she loves the "Hollywood hysteria" over Trump's win for POTUS and that it's payback for the "harassment" she received while living in LA. She goes on to say that she has a "cold, dark heart." 

Other clips from her tenure at Fox reaffirm my belief that she argues based on emotion and the love she has for the Republican Party, NOT facts. Over at Fox, the majority of her colleagues were Republicans, therefore the nonsense they spewed really went unchecked. Now, at "The View," she's in the minority and all of those ridiculous Fox talking points ain't gonna fly. I think she's intimidated, particularly by Sunny, and perhaps didn't think she would be until she sat in that chair. It would explain her constant resting bitch face and overall coldness toward her fellow hosts. She's out of her comfort zone. I think someone is gonna lose their cool eventually at the table and it won't be pretty but maybe that's what the producers want. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It’s clear to me that Meghan is not happy (if her constant sour face is any indication) on this show.  But today she couldn’t make it more obvious that she didn’t want to be there. One would think that 45 is her father, based on the disgust and anger that was simmering in her eyes and face. There was her passive aggressive comment about how she didn’t know what the applause was for, while giving the audience a dirty look. Really? She didn’t know? When Whoopi has just finished announcing the election results and how it was a victory for the Democrats? Followed by her word salad as to why she thinks they won and why it doesn’t matter. And what will get worse? She called Northam as someone who “is the swamp” in Washington, so people shouldn’t be that happy he won? And GURRRL, PLEASE. Gillespie was absolutely someone who embraced 45 and his policies (from what’s been reported after 45 disavowed him after his loss), so don’t be talking revisionist shit that this victory doesn’t mean that people are using their vote to count, doesn’t count.????

And she sat there, no smile, didn’t touch the cap that Sunny brought back from Puerto Rico.

She adds nothing to the conversation and personally, I think maybe she should go back to her people who think and feel as she does.

Though I could hardly hear her, I am glad Whoopi was able to say that today was a good day.

Yes! I want the recipe for that Apple tart? Pie???

Will comment about Sunny’s report in a bit.

^^^This^  MM scowled at Joy and Joy appears to no longer acknowledge MM. The friction between MM and Sunny is beyond uncomfortable. For an ensemble cast to work, they need chemistry. With the exception of Whoops and MM, this gang is miserably fractured.  

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, Catnip said:

^^^This^  MM scowled at Joy and Joy appears to no longer acknowledge MM. The friction between MM and Sunny is beyond uncomfortable. For an ensemble cast to work, they need chemistry. With the exception of Whoops and MM, this gang is miserably fractured.  

Girl. I was thinking the same thing as I watched earlier. The tension and awkwardness at the table is making me more uncomfortable everyday. Joy and Sunny really don't acknowledge her anymore. Whoopi has been quiet lately. When Joy makes jokes, she looks at everyone except Meghan. While Sunny was making her point about the ACA and right before MM made her comment about the audience not clapping, Sunny turns in MM's direction and her facial expression kind of changes. Hard to explain what I'm talking about but even the eating segment at the end of the show felt awkward to me. Rumor has it that there is backstage tension, too. I've watched the show throughout all the recycled co-hosts, as I'm sure most of you have as well, and I think MM is by far the worst. I read in an article that the first day of MM's appearance on the show, viewership  went up more than it had in 7 months, so maybe the producers want to cook up some drama.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

So I was curious about how Meghan McCain acted during her previous job as a "political analyst" over at Fox and boy oh boy... the more I watch, the more I'm convinced that she truly is a "mean girl."

She reminds me of Alicia Silverstone in the movie 'Clueless' with her condescending attitude and valley girl cadence! 

• Love 5
Just now, Catnip said:

She reminds me of Alicia Silverstone in the movie 'Clueless' with her condescending attitude and valley girl cadence! 

Haha perfect comparison! Has Whoopi done her valley girl impression with Meghan there yet?!

Maybe if she wasn't condescending but had the valley girl voice OR was condescending and didn't have the valley girl voice it'd be slightly tolerable, but having BOTH is just... ugh. too much. 

• Love 6