Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/06/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Sunny’s report on and from Puerto Rico was heartbreaking. But her comments about the lack of tourists confused me. I mean, the whole island was devastated-it looks like a third world country. Why would anyone want to visit there right now? Where would they stay? There’s the whole water issue and that the island is surviving on generators. Unless I missed something??

And yes! For someone whose father is dying, one would think Meghan would be pleased that Maine, by virtue of its citizens, voted to expand Medicare via the ACA. But nooo. Since it’s associated with Obama, that automatically means she needs to be against it, even though her FATHER refused to be a part of the Repeal and Replace/Skinny Repeal nonsense.?????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Someone said Clinton Kelly's recipe for something was their go to recipe.  Who said it & what was the recipe?  Did it get deleted?

backformore said that above regarding Clinton's turkey white bean chili:

I don't know about the specific recipes from today, but The chew recipes has all the recipes from their show.  Really good recipes. My go to chili recipe is Clinton Kelly's turkey white bean chili.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Someone said Clinton Kelly's recipe for something was their go to recipe.  Who said it & what was the recipe?  Did it get deleted?

He was talking about the Apple tart!!!

10 minutes ago, Catnip said:

She reminds me of Alicia Silverstone in the movie 'Clueless' with her condescending attitude and valley girl cadence! 

Hey now! Cher had a good heart!  Not  a soulless monster!!! And she was only condescending toward Josh-and that was because she was in love with him!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sunny’s report on and from Puerto Rico was heartbreaking. But her comments about the lack of tourists confused me. I mean, the whole island was devastated-it looks like a third world country. Why would anyone want to visit there right now? Where would they stay? There’s the whole water issue and that the island is surviving on generators. Unless i missed something??

Tourism was a mainstay of PR's economy which no longer exists due to the devastation. 

• Love 5
Just now, Catnip said:

Tourism was a mainstay of PR's economy which no longer exists due to the devastation. 

No, I get that. But the way Sunny was talking, she made it sound like there should still be tourists and tourism. When that’s not possible right now, and won’t be for quite some time.

• Love 5
On 11/8/2017 at 10:42 PM, Silver Raven said:

See the article I posed in the Meghan thread.

Ah yes, the dailymail article. I couldn't remember where I read about the backstage tension but yup, same article.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sunny’s report on and from Puerto Rico was heartbreaking. But her comments about the lack of tourists confused me. I mean, the whole island was devastated-it looks like a third world country. Why would anyone want to visit there right now? Where would they stay? There’s the whole water issue and that the island is surviving on generators. Unless i missed something??

Unbelievably, cruise ships have returned to the island!

http://www.latimes.com/travel/cruises/la-tr-cruises-puerto-rico-sailings-resume-20171016-story.html

"Cruise lines return to Puerto Rico and urge travelers to book Caribbean sailings"

"Old Town San Juan and Fort San Juan, a well-known 16th century fortress built by the Spanish, still provide viable excursions, Royal Caribbean’s Goldstein said.

"If you are a resident, it is a difficult existence if you don't have power, and yet they continue to strive every day," Goldstein said.

"We differentiate between the long road the island has ahead of it and what we can deliver as a guest experience," he said."

AND:

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-line-returns-san-juan-puerto-rico/20582

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

23 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Haha perfect comparison! Has Whoopi done her valley girl impression with Meghan there yet?!

Yup -- which only further unites the two entitled boobs!

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And yes! For someone whose father is dying, one would think Meghan would be pleased that Maine, by virtue of its citizens, voted to expand Medicare via the ACA. But nooo. Since it’s associated with Obama, that automatically means she needs to be against it, even though her FATHER refused to be a part of the Repeal and Replace/Skinny Repeal nonsense.?????

I'm trying to empathize with MM in regards to her  father because it may give some insight as to why she's so uptight and tense. The episode where her dad sat alongside her, and she teared up, is my favorite episode with Meghan so far. She showed genuwine emotion & it touched me deeply. Being a daddy's girl myself, I cannot imagine what she and her family are going through. 

That being said, "whataboutism" seems to be her favorite card to pull. What about Obama, Hillary, so on and so forth (usually without facts). It was even worse during her tenure at Fox. I hate what she's going through with her dad but I also hate that she doesn't seem willing to give much credit to anyone or anything if it was accomplished by those big, bad and evil Liberals. 

10 minutes ago, Catnip said:

Yup -- which only further unites the two entitled boobs!

I must've missed that episode! All this time I've been wondering when Whoopi was gonna do her valley girl voice while MM is right there in front of her, and apparently she already has, lol.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Catnip said:

^^^This^  MM scowled at Joy and Joy appears to no longer acknowledge MM. The friction between MM and Sunny is beyond uncomfortable. For an ensemble cast to work, they need chemistry. With the exception of Whoops and MM, this gang is miserably fractured.  

I'd just like to add that the friction seems to be coming from MM. She has been rude to Sunny from her very first day. While Sunny has a record of befriending every single panelist on the show: Rayven, Joy, Sarah, Jed...and she never responds no matter what Whoopi throws at her.

Sunny made one comeback during the Olbermann interview but I feel the tension is mostly coming from MM.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

It was in this thread somewhere, I was going to bookmark it, and didn't...:(

29 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

I'd just like to add that the friction seems to be coming from MM. She has been rude to Sunny from her very first day. While Sunny has a record of befriending every single panelist on the show: Rayven, Joy, Sarah, Jed...and she never responds no matter what Whoopi throws at her.

Sunny made one comeback during the Olbermann interview but I feel the tension is mostly coming from MM.

There are 4 of them, and just one of her, they need to put on their big girl  panties and deal with it. Seriously is the View going to fire Sunny, or Joy, nah... I think the tension is having someone new, that doesn't back down. I quite it enjoy MM..?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Catnip said:

^^^This^  MM scowled at Joy and Joy appears to no longer acknowledge MM. The friction between MM and Sunny is beyond uncomfortable. For an ensemble cast to work, they need chemistry. With the exception of Whoops and MM, this gang is miserably fractured.  

If Whoopie is the reason that  got Jed fired  to make room for Megan coming to the show, then, she should never have that kind of power ever again.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

If Whoopie is the reason that  got Jed fired  to make room for Megan coming to the show, then, she should never have that kind of power ever again.  

I thought , she was instrumental in getting rid of them all.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I think the tension is having someone new, that doesn't back down.

Meghan isn't different than Jedi, Candace, or Paula in that respect. The reason the former two are gone is because they were unlikable--well, Candace might've left on her own because she was very fragile. I could see Meghan going that road. Meghan, like Candace, has been whining from the get-go about how hard it is you guys to be among liberals, #snowflake that she is. Candace was playing the victim in interviews before she'd even sat at the table, from what I remember.

Hopefully Meghan will be fully despised by the viewers soon enough so TPTB will stop telling the other ladies to hold back and let Sunny tear her a new one already. It'll be glorious.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 19

Sunny and Jed (and Sarah) seemed to be good friends outside the show, being mature enough to leave their politics on the stage.  No one can deny they got into some heated discussions on air and agreed on little, yet they always had stories about things they would do together off camera.  Meghan seems to carry an enormous chip on her shoulder all the time.  Odd for a young woman who has grown up in such privilege.  I can't imagine her leaving her Faux talking points behind to hang out with Sunny or Sarah.  (And FTR, the dismissal of Tues election results is right out of those Faux talking points.)

• Love 15

MM seems to be frowning or rolling her eyes every time the camera is on her. Yesterday, I'm sure it was in the first couple minutes, I noticed her eye roll.  She really seems to hate being there.

I ended up following a link to her Twitter and noticed she is sometimes on GMA. Anyone see her there? Is she any different on that show

• Love 7
10 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

I'm trying to empathize with MM in regards to her  father because it may give some insight as to why she's so uptight and tense. The episode where her dad sat alongside her, and she teared up, is my favorite episode with Meghan so far. She showed genuwine emotion & it touched me deeply. Being a daddy's girl myself, I cannot imagine what she and her family are going through. 

I don't understand.  

Why would MM's father severe illess make her act so mean?  I thought grieving brought out sadness and more emotional reaching-out to others.

And why would she DEFEND the orange guy who brutally insulted her father?  

I'm not seeing a connection because John McC has had  cancer  for many years (I know...a different kind of cancer), and it hasn't softened her heart nor has she learned from him how to  make friends and hold up your integrity. 

Edited by Tosia
Statements below the line are mine. I had trouble editing.
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I don't understand.  

Why would MM's father severe illess make her act so mean?  I thought grieving brought out sadness and more emotional reaching-out to others.

And why would she DEFEND the orange guy who brutally insulted her father?  

I'm not seeing a connection because John McC has had  cancer  for many years (I know...a different kind of cancer), and it hasn't softened her heart nor has she learned from him how to  make friends and hold up your integrity. 

Yeah, I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt -- to look at "both sides" (see what I did there?!) but I think she's just a cold-hearted mean girl.

There were a few times on FOX where she was actually much more vocal about Trump, and came to her family's defense. I was shocked because she defends Trump so much on "The View" you'd think he was her father and not Senator McCain.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Meghan isn't different than Jedi, Candace, or Paula in that respect. The reason the former two are gone is because they were unlikable--well, Candace might've left on her own because she was very fragile. I could see Meghan going that road. Meghan, like Candace, has been whining from the get-go about how hard it is you guys to be among liberals, #snowflake that she is. Candace was playing the victim in interviews before she'd even sat at the table, from what I remember.

Hopefully Meghan will be fully despised by the viewers soon enough so TPTB will stop telling the other ladies to hold back and let Sunny tear her a new one already. It'll be glorious.

I like  Paula, I still do. She gets her facts right. I don't despise Meghan, now Whoopi  I don't like( watch me chew) , Joy is a close second. Rolling her eyes, nasty looks. When a friend of mine went to see the show, Joy was in a bad mood, and she made it evident to the audience.Sunny is prissy, Sara is lovely. When Jed left the four of them were so boring zzzzzzz

7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

well, Candace might've left on her own because she was very fragile. I could see Meghan going that road. Meghan, like Candace, has been whining from the get-go about how hard it is you guys to be among liberals, #snowflake that she is. Candace was playing the victim in interviews before she'd even sat at the table, from what I remember.

Candace was definitely fragile and whined a lot. It was annoying but I'd take her over MM any day.

I can't believe Sunny used to be a prosecutor sometimes -- the way she lets Whoopi scold her about facial expressions. She really needs to put her prosecutor hat back on for a moment and give Mrs. Both Sides hell.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I like  Paula, I still do. She gets her facts right. I don't despise Meghan, now Whoopi  I don't like( watch me chew) , Joy is a close second. Rolling her eyes, nasty looks. When a friend of mine went to see the show, Joy was in a bad mood, and she made it evident to the audience.Sunny is prissy, Sara is lovely. When Jed left the four of them were so boring zzzzzzz

I hate when Whoopi chews and talks, ugh. They all have their rude moments but with MM it's constant. She rarely smiles, is always on the defense and always finds a way to add some snarky remark when she responds.

Sunny is passive-aggressive sometimes and I don't understand why. Is she afraid of Whoopi because of the power she has over the show?

Paula is -- meh. I don't dislike her but I don't like her on "The View." And Joy brings up Trump too much sometimes. But none of them are worse than MM in my opinion and it's not because of her political views. She just doesn't have a likable personality and comes off as very cold and defensive.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, NeverLate said:

There are 4 of them, and just one of her, they need to put on their big girl  panties and deal with it. Seriously is the View going to fire Sunny, or Joy, nah... I think the tension is having someone new, that doesn't back down. I quite it enjoy MM.

Don't agree that the tension is having someone new & I'm not enjoying the "cat fight" aspect.  The chemistry was much better with Jed & I was liking the show for the first time in years.  It's like having a moody, recalcitrant 14-year old in your midst & having to walk on eggshells - not entertaining in an opinion show.

• Love 15
Just now, useryikes said:

Don't agree that the tension is having someone new & I'm not enjoying the "cat fight" aspect.  The chemistry was much better with Jed & I was liking the show for the first time in years.  It's like having a moody, recalcitrant 14-year old in your midst & having to walk on eggshells - not entertaining in an opinion show.

Yeah, not entertaining anymore. Sometimes it's downright uncomfortable and awkward to watch. The chemistry is gone and all of the hosts seem to be holding back, especially Whoopi. The way she used to cut Jedediah off irritated me sometimes because I wanted to hear what she had to say. Whoopi has yet to challenge MM on any of her ridiculous comments and eye rolling. I guess it's because they have a offstage relationship? Whatever it is, it's ruining the show.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I hate when Whoopi chews and talks, ugh. They all have their rude moments but with MM it's constant. She rarely smiles, is always on the defense and always finds a way to add some snarky remark when she responds.

Sunny is passive-aggressive sometimes and I don't understand why. Is she afraid of Whoopi because of the power she has over the show?

Paula is -- meh. I don't dislike her but I don't like her on "The View." And Joy brings up Trump too much sometimes. But none of them are worse than MM in my opinion and it's not because of her political views. She just doesn't have a likable personality and comes off as very cold and defensive.

We all see things and people differently, I've see MM smile  plenty of times. Sunny gets really silly when she talks about her husband, sounds very much like hes the boss ,right Manny.LOL

7 minutes ago, useryikes said:

I scrawled upthread back and read what was said about Jed, it doesn't seem she was liked that much when she was on the show. Oh well, MM goes, Whoopi will find another patsy to sit in that chair, meanwhile I'll tune in when MM is still on, when she goes, I'll go back to my Friday only..

11 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

We all see things and people differently, I've see MM smile  plenty of times. Sunny gets really silly when she talks about her husband, sounds very much like hes the boss ,right Manny.LOL

I scrawled upthread back and read what was said about Jed, it doesn't seem she was liked that much when she was on the show. Oh well, MM goes, Whoopi will find another patsy to sit in that chair, meanwhile I'll tune in when MM is still on, when she goes, I'll go back to my Friday only..

Let me rephrase that -- MM does smile but not much. In my opinion, the times she smiles and laughs are outweighed by her glaring and rolling her eyes.

Jedediah's political views weren't popular on the show but her, Sunny and Sara were actually friends offstage.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Let me rephrase that -- MM does smile but not much. In my opinion, the times she smiles and laughs are outweighed by her glaring and rolling her eyes.

Jedediah's political views weren't popular on the show but her, Sunny and Sara were actually friends offstage.

But nobody will be popular on this show, because the show caters to the left . One token leaning right, will never make the grade, I'm not left or right, so I dont think any one person is right on this show..I'll leave it at that..the mods dont like this.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Yeah, I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt -- to look at "both sides" (see what I did there?!) but I think she's just a cold-hearted mean girl.

She's been here a month. A month. And gets progressively worse. I, too, am a Daddy's Girl. And she's not a child that I need to give the benefit of the doubt. She's been on this show BEFORE. But I don't ever recall her being so combative or hostile. I'm not saying they can't disagree. But do it intelligently. She is just doubling, trebling and quadrupling down on her catch phrases, buzz words and rhetoric; seemingly forgetting she contradicts herself when things don't turn out the way she think they will. Like the election this week. Goes from saying it "will be telling," to "It will get worse before it gets better" and that the results didn't matter in the long run. And I'm also not going to give her the benefit of the doubt, because her father is dying. She's not the one with cancer. And even if she were, and she had this same personality? It wouldn't move me to be kinder toward her. Because she is proving herself to be a nasty piece of work. There. I said it.

51 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I was shocked because she defends Trump so much on "The View" you'd think he was her father and not Senator McCain.

That's what I said up thread! Her blind insistence on defending everything he does, refuses to criticize him, and using his words "on both sides," is...very telling.

As for chemistry? I think, aside from Whoopi not caring for Sunny and Paula, she gets along with Sara and Joy. Like yesterday, she was laughing at her because during the commercial break, Joy decided to pop some Dots (the chewy fruit candy that ALWAYS get stuck in your teeth), and was struggling to get it down, but failed. Joy was laughing, Whoopi was laughing, as was Sara. I call that chemistry and camaraderie.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She's been here a month. A month. And gets progressively worse. I, too, am a Daddy's Girl. And she's not a child that I need to give the benefit of the doubt. She's been on this show BEFORE. But I don't ever recall her being so combative or hostile. I'm not saying they can't disagree. But do it intelligently. She is just doubling, trebling and quadrupling down on her catch phrases, buzz words and rhetoric; seemingly forgetting she contradicts herself when things don't turn out the way they think she will. Like the election this week. Goes from saying it "will be telling," to "It will get worse before it gets better" and that the results didn't matter in the long run. And I'm also not going to give her the benefit of the doubt, because her father is dying. She's not the one with cancer. And even if she were, and she had this same personality? It wouldn't move me to be kinder toward her. Because she is proving herself to be a nasty piece of work. There. I said it.

That's what I said up thread! Her blind insistence on defending everything he does, refuses to criticize him, and using his words "on both sides," is...very telling.

As for chemistry? I think, aside from Whoopi not caring for Sunny and Paula, she gets along with Sara and Joy. Like yesterday, she was laughing at her because during the commercial break, Joy decided to pop some Dots (the chewy fruit candy that ALWAYS get stuck in your teeth), and was struggling to get it down, but failed. Joy was laughing, Whoopi was laughing, as was Sara. I call that chemistry and camaraderie.

Good point. She knows this is a left-leaning show and if she didn't think she could handle it for whatever reason, she should've turned down the offer. 

As far as the chemistry goes, you're right. I guess what I mean is that MM kind of throws off the overall chemistry because her personality is so vastly different from the other ladies. But yeah, Whoopi definitely doesn't like Sunny or Paula. I think that's why Paula is only on when Whoopi isn't there.

• Love 7

I wanted the view crew to ask Donna Brazile how she was going to replace HRC with Biden when she had pneumonia if Hillary and her underlings controlled everything. But that would require actual journalism.

Hey Sunny trump has both houses of congress and has accomplished nothing. His horrible healthcare plan was not passed because of help from a handful of republicans. Obama had bitch Mcconnell come out and say their goal was to make him a one term president and got a lot done in his first year like Obamacare and saving the auto industry.

Hey Meghan voter suppression kept a lot of those blacks and latinos from voting, so spare me the skewed statistics. No one thought to bring up that some of these people of color vote against their own interests when something bigger like sexism and women's and gay rights are also on the ballot.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, backformore said:

MM says "I think that is SO irresponsible" 

Joy - "why?" 

MM-  because when you blanket ALL trump supporters  as racist........ 

Me-  Shut UP, Meghan!   

Meghan was clear when she joined the panel, her mission was to fight with Joy.  She is baiting Joy, trying to get Joy to say something outrageous to make headlines.  I give Joy a lot of credit for expressing her views, but not taking the bait and having her words distorted by MM.   In the examples above - MM tried to get Joy to say, repeal the 2nd amendment, trump voters are racist, Taylor Swift needs to be political.  Any of these things, if Joy did agree, would  be the headlines on Fox News the next day.  (which might be her agenda being on the show). 

I give Joy a lot of credit for not saying "quit putting words in my mouth, bitch!"  

I wanted to reach through the screen when MM kept saying the "because when you blanket ALL Trump supporters as racist" line, over and over.

Once again, Mrs. Both Sides, Joy said SOME. Not. All. And then Mrs. Both sides went on to repeat herself when Joy again said, SOME.

Joy is the biggest anti-Trump, left leaning host at that table; the polar opposite of everything MM stands for. What does that mean to Meghan? Bait her into making some super-Liberal, ridiculous comment so that Conservative media can go to town on her. I think Mrs. Both Sides wants to be able to say, "yeah, I shut that Liberal Joy up." She is dying to take down Joy. I wouldn't be surprised if some of her friends over at good 'ol FOX asked her to take down Joy at all costs, because Joy is anti-FOX, anti-Conservative, and anti-Trump, personified. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 17

Joy. What's so great about Faith Hills leg. LOL

Just because she's a liittle stumpy...! Honestly , Faith has great legs!!! 

Joy is anti-FOX, anti-Conservative, and anti-Trump, personified. 

She's anti everything, I've been muting her quite a bit. Such a child.

10 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I wanted to reach through the screen when MM kept saying the "because when you blanket ALL Trump supporters as racist" line, over and over.

Once again, Mrs. Both Sides, Joy said SOME. Not. All. And then Mrs. Both sides went on to repeat herself when Joy again said, SOME.

Joy is the biggest anti-Trump, left leaning host at that table; the polar opposite of everything MM stands for. What does that mean to Meghan? Bait her into making some super-Liberal, ridiculous comment so that Conservative media can go to town on her. I think Mrs. Both Sides wants to be able to say, "yeah, I shut that Liberal Joy up." She is dying to take down Joy. I wouldn't be surprised if some of her friends over at good 'ol FOX asked her to take down Joy at all costs, because Joy is anti-FOX, anti-Conservative, and anti-Trump, personified. 

She reminds me of Omarosa, who came to the show for the sole purpose, to humiliate Joy.  

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

She isn't capable of complex thought. Fox is probably the only place she would fit. Not because she's a Republican, but because she's a moron.

I'm not worried about Joy. She's dealt with trifling fools like Meghan McCain for years. McCain will join the heap of fired co-hosts soon enough.

Oh I'm not worried about Joy, either. Should the two get into a really heated debate, Joy won't back down. 

Yeah, I don't think MM will last long. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I don't think Joy is anti everything at all. I think she's authentic. 

No coincidence that Meghan wore her hair in an Elsa braid today 

I noticed the Elsa braid, too LOL!

I take articles from the Daily Mail with a grain of salt but I do think there is some truth to that article about MM being known as Elsa behind the scene. MM has mentioned being cold-hearted a few times, including on her twitter account. Also, there was a mention of Elsa on a Fox News segment I watched awhile ago. I don't remember why Elsa was brought up or who made the comment, but MM was one of the commentators. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Yes, that's it exactly.   Joy is very passionate about her opinions.  And as she has become older, she doesn't care who doesn't like what she says.   Her views are genuine, she's not spouting someone else's agenda, she's saying what she thinks.  

I wish Meghan would do the same, just be genuine.  She supports the GOP administration, argues with every liberal thought that is expressed.  Yet, there have been some clear battles between trump and John McCain, and she is caught as to how to continue to support trump, or at least argue with anyone who doesn't.     She reminds me of a member of my family who, when asked why he supports trump and the republicans, answered "simple - I hate democrats!" 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I don't think Joy is anti everything at all. I think she's authentic. 

No coincidence that Meghan wore her hair in an Elsa braid today 

She's worn it that way before, as for Joy, she's childish. I stand by my post.