Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/06/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Ohhh wow! I didn't know that she's dyslexic. Makes sense now. Did she announce that on the show? 

I mean Sara is kind of ditsy but I don't mean that in a rude way. It's cute lol. Maybe a better word would be playful or silly. She's kind of child-like too and I don't mean that in a rude way, either. She's bubbly and I think that's just genuinely her personality.

I think she's tried to tie it into how she didn't like school = dropping out of high school. It's always been a little confusing to me because certain times she made it sound like she went to a special program, other times has said school wasn't for her. There was knowledge of that learning disability back then I would think or maybe not m

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Meghan should know that Roy Moore's pedophilia/sexual harassment isn't about her party anymore than Louis CK's, Weinstein's, Spacey's assaults are about the Democratic party. Party labels aren't applicable.

Should know is the operative phrase, but she is so set and insistent that her party is unfairly blamed, that she always puts out the canard that the Democrats are also guilty of doing the same as “proof” or whatever she thinks, that the critics of her party have no standing room to criticize.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Party labels aren't applicable.

When it comes to sexual contact with minors, there is no "TEAM." There is compassion for the victim and a hope for justice for the pedophile. In my book, any response other than that is unacceptable.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, NeverLate said:

In your opinion. I find she does the same one liners and then laughs at them, I find it odd when someone continually does that. As for very very bright, meh, not to me. Each to their own likes and dislikes though.

You focus on her "comedy," which I generally don't appreciate.  It's tired and repetitive, but that's her schtick and she's not changing it.  Listening closely to her comments/opinions or following any of her other shows on radio or television--appearances on other's shows prove that she's one smart cookie.  She's well educated and well read, and I'd place a bet on a high IQ test result.

Edited by Former Nun
reworked a sentence.
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I doubt if a majority of women who have been assaulted/bothered/harrassed sexually would agree with this statement.   Even the most aggressive "ball busters" have been victimized.

That's why I added the phrase after "AND".  I realize that not working with sexual harassers is the main reason I haven't been put in such a situation.  And I have been assaulted/bothered/harassed - just not at work.

I don't like Sarah because I think she thinks she is too cute for words.

Her face reminds me of the laughing emoji with the big grin and crinkled eyes.

I admit that this season she has changed her personality on the show a bit. She used to be the "airhead," but now she has seemed to be able to leash that in and has contributed plenty of intelligent commentary. Which goes to prove that she is a tad "fake." She was projecting the airhead trait, but this season, not so much. Another thing she does that seems/seemed fake to me is the Joy-jabs. Hmmmm.....now that she sits next to Whoopi she is able to control jabbing Whoopi on the shoulder? I did notice that she hit Joy today, though. I think she thinks its cute.

She has also come across as very needy. She once mentioned that she has always had a boyfriend and would not break-up with one boyfriend until she knew that there was another one lined-up. She used to talk a lot about her personal life and I always thought she acted very needy with her husband.

Another thing she did that really irked me was when she had a special interview with some young LGBTQ people. The interview was serious and they were discussing their struggles. Yet at the end of the interview Sarah asked, "So do any of you find me attractive?" 

I think she relies on her cuteness and is constantly seeking approval from males and females.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Another thing she did that really irked me was when she had a special interview with some young LGBTQ people. The interview was serious and they were discussing their struggles. Yet at the end of the interview Sarah asked, "So do any of you find me attractive?" 

I think she relies on her cuteness and is constantly seeking approval from males and females.

I like Sara, too. The only complaint (if you want to call it that) I have about her is that sometimes she'll make light of very serious subjects. She'll sometimes insert a joke or something where it doesn't belong. I can't think of specific instances at the moment but I do recall it happening. 

Yeah, she does play up that cute, bubbly role often. Not saying that's a bad thing and I do think that that's just who she is. I can't even imagine her being angry lol. Of course, in real life there is no way she's that upbeat 100% of the time. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Megan's make-up looked very nice today.    First step...and keep it up.

What should we work on next--hair or wardrobe?

Wardrobe, and Sunny could do with some help now and then( I still have that other sleeve) I like Meghan's hair, especially when its loose , like today..

Joy knows what colours suit her, and Whoopi, well she's still that bag of leaves someone posted..

• Love 4
16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

These all work for me.

That was Vinyasa, who called Sara an airhead.

Because she’s dyslexic.

So they know she's dyslexic, and they give her the job  to  read the prompter, that makes total sense 

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Of course, in real life there is no way she's that upbeat 100% of the time. 

She has said that she's had some real problems with anger...and she sees a therapist regularly--for life's difficulties.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, NeverLate said:

So they know she's dyslexic, and they give her the job  to  read the prompter, that makes total sense 

She's dyslexic?   First I've heard of that. I thought her brother was dyslexic. IDK. I was so happy to see her back on GMA this morning this is 2 weeks sans Paula. Is she on  vacation?  Hope all is ok with the family.  About the jokey thing with Sara, I think its gotten much better and doesn't do it every time.  Her timing is much better and she only does it for a little brevity, not when it would hurt.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

She has said that she's had some real problems with anger...and she sees a therapist regularly--for life's difficulties.

Ahh okay, I think I remember that, vaguely. Like I said, I'm lucky enough to be able to watch this show at work but sometimes it's background noise and I don't catch everything. 

I don't have a problem with her being upbeat. Apparently some people find that "sketchy." 

• Love 2

I love Sara. There is a level of fakeness when it comes to her trying to lighten to mood, but that's her trying to deliver what she was employed for, imo. I've rarely heard her say something she contradicts or backtracks at a later time though (unlike Whoopi or Meghan). I'd almost want to put her 2nd after Joy, but, while I agree with her more often than Sunny and she seems a bit nicer than Sunny, I live for those days when Sunny really unleashes. 

Someone clearly got in Sunny's ear when she officially joined the show and told her to reign it in, which has watered her down somewhat. But there are still flashes of that same brilliance, like the day they talked about the indictments, and she generally comes to the table the most informed and prepared of the cast. The fact that she's chosen to cite facts, statistics, etc. has elevated the discussion, because the others seem to have followed her lead and it's become a regular occurrence instead of something that happens only once in a blue moon like before she'd become a part of the show. The only time she annoys me are when they're talking about relationships or any topic that involves sex (abortion, sex education, birth control, open marriages, women's clothing choices, etc.), but everyone has their Achilles heel.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Someone clearly got in Sunny's ear when she officially joined the show and told her to reign it in, which has watered her down somewhat.

If Whoopi IS truly a producer, I can just hear the conversation that she had with the executive producer...trying to shut down that uppity lawyer.

• Love 5

I adore Sara.  She is a genuine treasure and very smart.  She and Joy are the stars. 

Whoopie is good, she really is.  Notice that she is holding back and letting the show roll being a  low key moderator. EXCEPT when she is needed.  And then, I say go Whoopee!  She grounds the show and I appreciate her sensibilities. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2