Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/06/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

The last time I thought of Joy as being "childish"  was when she continued to make Monica Lewinsky jokes for decades after they were relevant.   

I'm so glad she stopped that.  I hope to be as articulate, informed,  and funny as Joy when I reach her age.  

• Love 23
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Meghan is trying so hard to battle with Joy.  Earlier this week, she asked Joy to admit she wanted to repeal the 2nd amendment.   (Joy said no).  Today when Joy spoke in favor of country music artists expressing their political views in a humorous way, Meghan talks about the criticism of musicians who get political or don't get political.  The panel pretty much agrees that it's a personal choice, but Joy says good people should speak out when they can.  Meghan asks "do you JUDGE Taylor Swift for not (speaking out)?"  

Then:

Joy says SOME of trump's support was due to racism. 

MM says "I think that is SO irresponsible" 

Joy - "why?" 

MM-  because when you blanket ALL trump supporters  as racist........ 

Me-  Shut UP, Meghan!   

Meghan was clear when she joined the panel, her mission was to fight with Joy.  She is baiting Joy, trying to get Joy to say something outrageous to make headlines.  I give Joy a lot of credit for expressing her views, but not taking the bait and having her words distorted by MM.   In the examples above - MM tried to get Joy to say, repeal the 2nd amendment, trump voters are racist, Taylor Swift needs to be political.  Any of these things, if Joy did agree, would  be the headlines on Fox News the next day.  (which might be MM's agenda being on the show). 

I give Joy a lot of credit for not saying "quit putting words in my mouth, bitch!"  

Oh yeah  MM wants a split screen ala Rosie/Elisabeth.  Joy is way too smart to fall into that trap.  As it is now MM has name recognition and that is pretty much it.  If she had a blow up with Joy live on the View it would be shown everywhere.  I think MM is just using the View as a stepping stone to something else and being known as a a poor little conservative who took on the big bad liberal Joy would go a long way towards that.  Or so MM probably thinks.

• Love 14

I hope to be as articulate, informed,  and funny as Joy when I reach her age.  

At 66, I feel a lot of women I know, are very articulate, able to look at both sides of anything, and are far, far brighter than Joy Behar, or the woman who does her silly valley girl voice at the end of the show, thinking its funny- it's not. Nice to see Sunny and MM agreeing several times.:) fluffy show, a bit better today at the mention of a great mini series.?

Did Joy mention that she and Rosie are going to be on Watch What Happens Live tonight? I haven't watched today's show yet. Wanted to let those who might be interested know in case she didn't.

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yes, that's it exactly.   Joy is very passionate about her opinions.  And as she has become older, she doesn't care who doesn't like what she says.   Her views are genuine, she's not spouting someone else's agenda, she's saying what she thinks.  

I wish Meghan would do the same, just be genuine.  She supports the GOP administration, argues with every liberal thought that is expressed.  Yet, there have been some clear battles between trump and John McCain, and she is caught as to how to continue to support trump, or at least argue with anyone who doesn't.     She reminds me of a member of my family who, when asked why he supports trump and the republicans, answered "simple - I hate democrats!" 

I just said something like this in the thread about Meghan McCain. Being a Republican is a major part of her identity, so hearing members of her own party call her dad a "RINO" and a traitor for speaking out against Trump probably didn't sit well with her. Becoming a host on a well-known, left-leaning show like "The View" and going out of her way to start something with a super-Liberal like Joy, is her way of letting the world know that she is a Republican, through and through.

The problem isn't her views, she's free to believe what she wants but the way she's going about proving that she's a Republican and nothing like Liberals in such an aggressive, condescending way.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes, that's it exactly.   Joy is very passionate about her opinions.  And as she has become older, she doesn't care who doesn't like what she says.   Her views are genuine, she's not spouting someone else's agenda, she's saying what she thinks.  

I wish Meghan would do the same, just be genuine.  She supports the GOP administration, argues with every liberal thought that is expressed.  Yet, there have been some clear battles between trump and John McCain, and she is caught as to how to continue to support trump, or at least argue with anyone who doesn't.     She reminds me of a member of my family who, when asked why he supports trump and the republicans, answered "simple - I hate democrats!" 

Bull's-eye. Joy has lasted all these years on The View because she's genuine, doesn't put on airs, and can generally debate without animosity. She also made it on her own without her daddy lifting her along. Meghan is just another cog in the wheel of Republican excuse-making. You could replace her with just about any other low-level bottom feeder from the right and get the same. There's nothing there under the hateful, bleach-blonde veneer.

• Love 23
9 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

The problem isn't her views, she's free to believe what she wants but the way she's going about proving that she's a Republican and nothing like Liberals in such an aggressive, condescending way.

But she has some very non conservative views.  So if her dad is considered a RINO then the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 3

The most revealing thing for me today was that when Elsa said she goes scorched earth on all her exes, and went into that a bit further, and Sunny agreed with Elsa.  Whoopi was smiling and laughing and did the drop the mike thing as a tribute to Elsa.  Except, we have seen Sunny say similar things about relationships, and Whoopi just gives Sunny the rolled eyes, or some other face, or chastises her as if she is a child.

There is no doubt, Whoopi, for whatever reason, is protecting Elsa.

And thank you, Elsa, for once again schooling us on Trump voters.

• Love 16

I thought it was funny how Meghan complained about being mistreated in Hollywood then Whoopi brought up her story about being blackballed for years.  Meghan had no idea what that was about. That said, is Whoopi now denying she made those crude Bush jokes?  I could swear I've seen the clips. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, susieq147 said:

But she has some very non conservative views.  So if her dad is considered a RINO then the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

We don't get to see the more "Liberal" side of her on the show, at least not yet. I do recall reading something where she says she's Liberal on social issues. With that being said, the way she acts on "The View" feels more like a way for her to show off how much of a Republican she is. Didn't she say she wants to be the new Hasslebeck or something on her first day? 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

I thought it was funny how Meghan complained about being mistreated in Hollywood then Whoopi brought up her story about being blackballed for years.  Meghan had no idea what that was about. That said, is Whoopi now denying she made those crude Bush jokes?  I could swear I've seen the clips. 

Thanks for reminding me of this @Haleth.  I find it stunning that Elsa does not know this about Whoopi.  Wait till she hears the story, because I am pretty sure she will not be impressed by Whoopi's joke about the Bushes.  Even though Whoopi now says that she didn't say it.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

The most revealing thing for me today was that when Elsa said she goes scorched earth on all her exes, and went into that a bit further, and Sunny agreed with Elsa.  Whoopi was smiling and laughing and did the drop the mike thing as a tribute to Elsa.  Except, we have seen Sunny say similar things about relationships, and Whoopi just gives Sunny the rolled eyes, or some other face, or chastises her as if she is a child.

I noticed that, too. Maybe Whoopi is soft on Elsa because she respects her dad so much? Idk. The mic-drop thing was weird lol. Had anyone else been sitting in that chair, saying half of what Elsa says on a daily basis, rolling their eyes and what not, Whoopi would've went batshit crazy on them. 

4 minutes ago, bannana said:

Thanks for reminding me of this @Haleth.  I find it stunning that Elsa does not know this about Whoopi.  Wait till she hears the story, because I am pretty sure she will not be impressed by Whoopi's joke about the Bushes.  Even though Whoopi now says that she didn't say it.

Yeah, I'm not sure why she said she didn't say it. All it takes is a simple google search to find out that she actually said it, lol.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Here is what I found.  There are other sites that report similar.  And in an interview about it she doesn't deny what she said, but is enraged by being blacklisted and losing her endorsements.

I think it is only on the View where she has said that lost her endorsements for something she didn't say.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/jul/15/advertising.uselections2004

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why she said she didn't say it. All it takes is a simple google search to find out that she actually said it, lol.

IIRC correctly there was no video of her saying it.  It was just reported by people attending the function she (allegedly) said it at.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Here is what I found.  There are other sites that report similar.  And in an interview about it she doesn't deny what she said, but is enraged by being blacklisted and losing her endorsements.

I think it is only on the View where she has said that lost her endorsements for something she didn't say.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/jul/15/advertising.uselections2004

Yes Whoopi seemed more upset at having lost endorsements for saying something when other people (according to her) said worse things and weren't penalized.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

And there is the Valley girl voice!  Sounds just like Megan!

OMGosh..The two times I leap for the mute button is when Whoopi does her trillion hellos, and when she does her valley girl voice. 

Edited by ChiCricket
extra e
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You can find her on Youtube either saying the joke or admitting she said the joke. Sadly we can see how appreciative Whoops was Barbara hired her -- slumped over the sofa rolling her eyes towards the audience. 

4 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

OMGosh..The two times I leap for the mute button is when Whoopie does her trillion hellos, and when she does her valley girl voice. 

...and don't forget when she says, "enjoy whatever view you happen upon!"  I think of the pile of crap my neighbors dog left on my lawn when she says this! 

• Love 8

I didn't think whoopi was "blacklisted", she lost the SlimFast gig. And then may have been seen as too controversial to be hired to hawk other products.    Looking at her IMDB profile, it's not like she spent a decade with no acting jobs.  And she still did comedy, and hosted an awards show.   

IF she was busy with all kinds of acting jobs, she might not have been doing a diet  commercial.   A lot of celebs, during a time when they are not in high demand for movies and tv roles, do commercials.   And a lot of advertisers don't want anyone being a spokesperson for their product if that person is at all controversial.  Most advertisers don't want to align themselves with a political view, for fear of losing customers who have a different view (see Papa John's pizza for example).    I think Whoopi makes a bigger deal out of it then it ever was.   She would have made more $$ if she hadn't made a political joke.  so what? Who cares? 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

Yes Whoopi seemed more upset at having lost endorsements for saying something when other people (according to her) said worse things and weren't penalized.

I dont get what she was trying to say, it was crude, and clearly slim fast didnt work for her, so really , who cares.

• Love 4

Looking forward to hearing what MM's take on  GOP senate candidate Roy Moore. (sex abuse allegations)   Her dad has already called for Moore to withdraw.   This is one of those instances that MM will have to choose between what is right, and what is Republican.   

(though my prediction is she will bring up Hollywood actors with sexual abuse accusations in an effort to say "both sides!")

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

Looking forward to hearing what MM's take on  GOP senate candidate Roy Moore. (sex abuse allegations)   Her dad has already called for Moore to withdraw.   This is one of those instances that MM will have to choose between what is right, and what is Republican.   

(though my prediction is she will bring up Hollywood actors with sexual abuse accusations in an effort to say "both sides!")

I hope so, other than mentioning Spacey, Hollywood creeps have hardly been talked about. As for Whoopi saying something about they can come back, Spacey won't come back from pedophilia!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, backformore said:

I can already hear her bringing up those horrible 'ol Hollywood Liberals, because, ya know... "both sides..."

• Love 2
3 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Joy. What's so great about Faith Hills leg. LOL

Just because she's a liittle stumpy...! Honestly , Faith has great legs!!! 

She's anti everything, I've been muting her quite a bit. Such a child.

Huh? Joy is anti everything?  How is that?

She's pro gun control she's pro woman's right, pro gay rights. She believes everyone deserves health care.  The list goes on and on. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 24
25 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I can already hear her bringing up those horrible 'ol Hollywood Liberals, because, ya know... "both sides..."

I thought that's what the view was about, their own view? There are two sides, to a pancake or a coin etc etc :) 

13 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Huh? Joy is anti everything?  How is that?

She's pro gun control she's pro woman's right, pro gay rights. She believes everyone deserves health care.  The list goes on and on. 

Everything left great, everything right wrong, that's what I meant, that's moronic thinking.. That's not the way I see things. I do agree with gun control, gay rights, I don't know anyone that doesn't think everyone should have healthcare, they don't need it to go up 200%. Could she not agree tweaks are needed? That's all,I wasn't clear( sorry) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bannana said:

She's protecting Meghan's obnoxious self because she respects and admires Senator McCain. It's the same reason she coddled Raven and Born Again Barbie. The latter two were from "Hollywood," or as Pretentious Raven liked to always spout, "The INDUSTRY."

I don't understand why she feels she needs to explain him to those that don't support him. It's not rocket science.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Really? I think it was something she said about Dubya? And she lost her SlimFast endorsement. If she lost anything else, I don't recall, because I didn't really care.

42 minutes ago, backformore said:

Oh yeah. Meghan has said she is for LGBTQ rights, and this man...is not. But I won't bet against you!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, backformore said:

I hope to be as articulate, informed,  and funny as Joy when I reach her age.

Joy is informed. And passionate about her views. She doesn't toe any party line, those are her feelings. She's way past the point of caring what anyone thinks about her.

I've said it before, I come from conservative Republicans (at least they were before the Tea Party took over the party; now they consider themselves disenfranchised from the GOP). So I know that there are people like Joy on the other side. Why this show has so much of a problem finding them is a mystery. You either get knee-jerk oppositionists like Elisabeth and Meghan, who say they believe what they believe but can't defend it. Or Candace, who strongly believed in conservative values, but wasn't quite sure why and couldn't explain or defend it to save her life. Or Jedidiah, who was sometimes an independent, a libertarian, a conservative, and a Republican all on the same day.

Meghan has said in the past that she held Trump and Hillary in the same low estimation ("garbage"). So I'm thinking that's why she does such a piss-poor job of defending him. It's not authentic, and she comes across as not authentic. She never joins in the "girl talk" or teasing. She just sits there, hands folded, TENSE, waiting to spew Fox News talking points. She doesn't look like she's enjoying this for a minute. And it shows.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I've said it before, I come from conservative Republicans (at least they were before the Tea Party took over the party; now they consider themselves disenfranchised from the GOP). So I know that there are people like Joy on the other side. Why this show has so much of a problem finding them is a mystery. You either get knee-jerk oppositionists like Elisabeth and Meghan, who say they believe what they believe but can't defend it. Or Candace, who strongly believed in conservative values, but wasn't quite sure why and couldn't explain or defend it to save her life. Or Jedidiah, who was sometimes an independent, a libertarian, a conservative, and a Republican all on the same day.

Sane rational people seem to be thought of as boring. They don't create sparks.  Nicolle Wallace was probably the best host they had who represented the right but of course TPTB thought they knew better and replaced her.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

Sane rational people seem to be thought of as boring. They don't create sparks.  Nicolle Wallace was probably the best host they had who represented the right but of course TPTB thought they knew better and replaced her.

Or was that Whoopi who decided? She's a hard one to get along with, and it shows. This kinder gentler version won't last long, but I have a feeling tptb have had a quiet word with her.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I thought that's what the view was about, their own view? There are two sides, to a pancake or a coin etc etc :) 

You're right. But people should be able to get their points across in a respectful and reasonable manner. :)

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Or was that Whoopi who decided? She's a hard one to get along with, and it shows. This kinder gentler version won't last long, but I have a feeling tptb have had a quiet word with her.

Nicolle repeatedly kissed Whoopie’s ass so I don’t think she worked to have Nicolle removed.  Nicolle even went as far to say that her son was the only one she had loved at first sight until she met Whoopie.  

MM really just doesn’t fit with the panel.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Nicolle repeatedly kissed Whoopie’s ass so I don’t think she worked to have Nicolle removed.  Nicolle even went as far to say that her son was the only one she had loved at first sight until she met Whoopie.  

MM really just doesn’t fit with the panel.

I never saw that with Nichole, the brightest woman on that panel, far too good for the view, Whoopi knew that.

MM is still new, she looks as bored as Whoopi when Sara( bless her cotton socks ), looked up legs that have twitter accounts..yeah, deep stuff.lol,

Edited by NeverLate

Those product endorsement contracts must be incredibly lucrative, or at least a somewhat reliable income for an out of demand actor.  Whoopi and Slimfast were never a good fit anyway. Was it Joy who brought up Roman Polanski's name during the discussion about enjoying the art but not the artist (maybe a not so subtle dig at Whoopi)? I thought Meghan actually had some good input during that segment. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I never saw that with Nichole, the brightest woman on that panel, far too good for the view, Whoopi knew that.

MM is still new, she looks as bored as Whoopi when Sara( bless her cotton socks ), looked up legs that have twitter accounts..yeah, deep stuff.lol,

I never noticed Nicole kissing up to Whoopi either. But I did like her.

LOL it's always obvious when Whoopi is bored or doesn't care about some of the topics. I didn't care for the legs with twitter accounts thing, either. Must have a lot of time on your hands to create a twitter account for someone's body part, lol.

Just now, merriebreeze said:

Those product endorsement contracts must be incredibly lucrative, or at least a somewhat reliable income for an out of demand actor.  Whoopi and Slimfast were never a good fit anyway. Was it Joy who brought up Roman Polanski's name during the discussion about enjoying the art but not the artist (maybe a not so subtle dig at Whoopi)? I thought Meghan actually had some good input during that segment. 

She did, I agree. She smiled and laughed more during this episode too but she still attempted to start something with Joy in the beginning. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I never noticed Nicole kissing up to Whoopi either. But I did like her.

LOL it's always obvious when Whoopi is bored or doesn't care about some of the topics. I didn't care for the legs with twitter accounts thing, either. Must have a lot of time on your hands to create a twitter account for someone's body part, lol.

I guess I don't get it. I admit I don't use twitter at all, but following a body part, seems way odd to me.lol.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Yes, Joy brought him up. I do get the art vs artist, but I wouldn't watch the last season of HOC knowing what Spacey did to young boys, it breaks my heart that an actor of his calibre, is so bloody awful.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I think the issue is that the "both sides" ends up referring to Republican officials or candidates, and  liberal Hollywood actors.   Weinstein, Spacey, etc.   are ACTORS, they don't old any democratic office.  The "both sides"  argument does not hold water.  

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

I think the issue is that the "both sides" ends up referring to Republican officials or candidates, and  liberal Hollywood actors.   Weinstein, Spacey, etc.   are ACTORS, they don't old any democratic office.  The "both sides"  argument does not hold water.  

Well , it does with me.( shrug) 

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If the only defense or snappy reply that Meghan can come up with is "BothsidesDoIt" when trying to defend the actions or inactions of those in her Party, then she should keep her mouth shut. Like I said, it doesn't advance the conversation, and all that ends up happening is Whoopi cutting in to go to commercial, because Meghan is thisclose to getting her ass handed to her.

I was watching a Fox News segment with her and a few other panelists. One of them mentioned something about if Obama had done xyz (don't remember what exactly they were talking about), Republicans would be losing it. MM starts raising her voice, screaming over the other commentator, and says in that sarcastic tone of voice, "oh yeah because Obama was SO perfect and never made any mistakes!" WTF? That's your response? So childish.

And this was sometime last year, I believe. 

It's great to be passionate. She loves her party, I get it. But being overly emotional and passionate is not the same as having facts to back up that passion behind your statements.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She's protecting Meghan's obnoxious self because she respects and admires Senator McCain. It's the same reason she coddled Raven and Born Again Barbie. The latter two were from "Hollywood," or as Pretentious Raven liked to always spout, "The INDUSTRY."

I laughed at the "Born Again Barbie" name and knew who you were talking about instantly LOL! 

Raven - oh, Raven. She got on my nerves, too. I was glad to see her go. And she loved to talk about "the industry," lmao.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’ve just made a decision. I need the be drunk when watching this show, otherwise continuing to watch Meghan, twisting and deliberately putting wrong words into Joy’s mouth or even Sunny’s is going to make my head explode.

1CD7039E-DC00-4CD7-B430-CCAE052226CB.gif

7B64A2F2-0FA9-4205-AA85-E2F8EAFEE3D8.gif

I have the pleasure of watching this at work. Unfortunately, that means I have to be sober. This is gonna be a longggg season for me. ):

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

And this is the exact quote, not hyperbole. That's why I cheered when the kiss-ass was fired.

• Love 8

Praying no Whoopi tomorrow. Honestly Joy moderating on Friday is one of the few things that makes me still like this show. I remember I still enjoyed a panel joy was moderating with Jed, Paula and Candace all at once... only Joy could make that fun. Whoopi not so much.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Bmarsh said:

Praying no Whoopi tomorrow. Honestly Joy moderating on Friday is one of the few things that makes me still like this show. I remember I still enjoyed a panel joy was moderating with Jed, Paula and Candace all at once... only Joy could make that fun. Whoopi not so much.

Haha. I don't think Whoopi works on Friday's. I like her but she can be overbearing at times. I'm hoping no Paula tomorrow but she does work Friday's, lol. 

• Love 1