Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Emma C said:

As a lifelong natural redhead, nothing makes me madder than girls with dyed red hair. You didn't EARN it, you didn't have to go through childhood being called Carrot Top, Freckle Face, and Fire Crotch (though that one didn't start until high school). Whenever I see an obvious dye job, I give the girl a dirty look. Ha!

I can SO relate to this. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not a fan of Molly's outfit.

What in the world kind of garb does she have on???  And what is Tara doing on the end there??  Looks like she’s poking out her belly...maybe just a weird pose.

2 hours ago, Jennifer J said:

Olivia S.   Wasn’t even mentioned on the show.

Olivia wasn’t rookie of the year. Sasha Agent was rookie of the year at the end of the 2010-2011 season.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

The official DCC bikini was made by that same company does those expensive audition outfits

Ohhhh myyy would take the right vs the left 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

That is the best Maddie has ever looked! Love her hair and dress here. Alexis and Lexie are freaking ridiculously good looking. Tara.. Sigh.. She needs some extensions and volume! 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ByTor said:
13 hours ago, go4luca said:

She wasn't the only one wearing this style.

mollyneumeister_4_5_2018_8_56_39_519.jpg

Nothing personal, I just don't like jumpsuits much

Agreed. Kelli's looks like a bad camel toe situation waiting to happen

Kelsey looked good in hers though!

Resized_Screenshot_20180504-234731.jpg

• Love 2
8 hours ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Idk why y'all don't like Savannah. She is beautiful, a great dancer, seems nice- not bratty and is fun to watch! Idk what else you'd want from her!

I like Savannah a lot and I’m really happy she got ROTY. She’s seems really sweet and well liked by her teammates. I think her dancing is fine, she may not be the best, but I don’t think she is bad. I haven’t seen that many videos of the girls dancing this season, but i haven’t seen any where I would have said she isn’t good enough for the squad. I love her dedication and her work ethic and i hope she’s makes it back. A lot of girls weren’t that great their first year and then turned into rock stars. Maybe she will as well. 

I also love Tara’s look. To me she is stunning and glam and i don’t think she’s needs to change anything. I think she’s probably will get a little more glamorous still if she’s stays on the squad though. Most of them seem to ‘grow in to their look’. Even someone like Lacey, who was always pretty. Now Lacey is one of the most stunning girls lookwise. 

Christina is one i really don’t care about. Whether she’s makes it back or not doesn’t really make a difference to me.. I found her annoying a lot of the time, especially her last time in training camp, now I’m just blah about her. 

• Love 11

Hi, long-time reader here, but I've never made a comment before. I've been trolling Instagram pictures from the banquet last night and there seems to be very few of Gina, except for the whole rookie group picture. It made me think back to Kitty's comments last season. Anyone else think there is some truth to the idea that she thinks she's better than everyone else? It doesn't seem like she's any closer to the girls than she was last year.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Tigerlily28 said:

Hi, long-time reader here, but I've never made a comment before. I've been trolling Instagram pictures from the banquet last night and there seems to be very few of Gina, except for the whole rookie group picture. It made me think back to Kitty's comments last season. Anyone else think there is some truth to the idea that she thinks she's better than everyone else? It doesn't seem like she's any closer to the girls than she was last year.

I don't think I will ever warm up to Gina. This might be unfair, but she has a rbf and I can't picture a dcc with a rbf. There's no way someone who said on tv she's better than the other girls and had attitude issues, just turned around and became miss congeniality. I'm 100% convinced she's just good at faking it (just like a lot of the other girls i'm sure). She is a really good dancer for sure, but I don't want to have that smirk anywhere near the triangle.

Who do you think was the best dressed? I liked Kash, Stephanie, Rachel, Lacey, Tara and Lauren. Can't say I was really impressed with the rest.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, UnicornSparkles said:

I love Kelsey and she is stunning, but this hair color ages her IMO.

Agreed. I don’t like the hair color at all. I actually had to do a double take to figure out who she was. The dark brown was such a beautiful and striking contrast with her eyes.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I guess Kelsey can indeed take a bad picture! I haven’t minded her new hair color anywhere else I’ve seen it...maybe just the lighting and pose above. 

I wonder if she had work done, her face looks different, and I can't put my finger on what it is.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, cgloss said:

I think Khalyn will be fine. I think she's the total package.

I do wonder whether Keyra was taken as part and parcel with Cersten, who they simply loved. Kind of like the Brooke/Stephanie H. dynamic. All the outside choreographers loved Keyra, but Kelli and Judy seemed kind of cool on her. I hope she makes it back. I like her.

I’m not wowed by Keyra, but her personality was so much spunkier and just naturally fun in the podcast than just about every other DCC. If Khalyn is Supermodel, Jacie was Barbie, Keyra is Skipper.

also, being at LSU with cersten and Erica probably helped, and with Niecy Noodle, BUT Keyra is Jacies COUSIN. If that didn’t help more than being Cerstens buddy, then I just don’t know. 

Keyra’s stockier build is the only thing I see possibly hurting her, because they’re so into the stringy lean girls now. 

7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't think I will ever warm up to Gina. This might be unfair, but she has a rbf and I can't picture a dcc with a rbf. There's no way someone who said on tv she's better than the other girls and had attitude issues, just turned around and became miss congeniality. I'm 100% convinced she's just good at faking it (just like a lot of the other girls i'm sure). She is a really good dancer for sure, but I don't want to have that smirk anywhere near the triangle.

Who do you think was the best dressed? I liked Kash, Stephanie, Rachel, Lacey, Tara and Lauren. Can't say I was really impressed with the rest.

I don’t like the sound of Gina’s Paris Hilton accent. Too much gravely upswing. I’d rather hear Kashara or Jinelle all day long. 

2 hours ago, UnicornSparkles said:

I love Kelsey and she is stunning, but this hair color ages her IMO.

I agree. Go back to the dark, Kelsey.

BTW I love me a good jumpsuit, but the float legs never photograph well. 

• Love 5
(edited)
48 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wonder if she had work done, her face looks different, and I can't put my finger on what it is.

I think she has put on weight.  Maybe she did have work done also.

Lots of people that have work done on their face change their hair at the same time, then when people say you look different they just think it is  your hair.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

A special at her plastics place, maybe? Seriously though, so many of these ladies are just effing with their looks and at such a young age! I’m all for spending dollars at the dermatologist or plastic surgeon’s office for microdermabrasion, lasers, facials, etc...I miss my gal in Dallas so much for that! But messing around with fillers and other injections is prematurely aging and taking away some of the beauty and freshness. Kalyssa and Schram are top of mind for this. And it’s a darn shame.

Add in being very lean and/or very tan (Colby, Kelli and Morgan pop into mind) and you’re going to look older too. Finglass says it best, five pounds takes five years off! 

• Love 8

I think it’s just the hair color/length change, but hey I’ve been wrong before! Lol. When I went from brunette long hair to red mid length people told me I looked like I lost 10 pounds 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

What happened to Jinelle's instagram account?  It's gone poof.  Even tried Jinelle Davidson like listed on FB but no joy.

I saw that too! What is up with that?

(edited)

Jinelle's instagram is under @Jinelle_esther. just looked and saw it after I saw these comments.

Edited by viccib
can't spell lol
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, viccib said:

Jinelle's instagram is under @Jinell_esther. just looked and saw it after I saw these comments.

Thanks!  There must have been a technical glitch since two of us couldn't get to it. I kept getting an instagram error page and was using the correct insta login for her.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

I’m so glad she went for it! And I love her conclusion at the end...wish her joy of dancing had won over the body image issues earlier on. Still, I’m proud of her for going through it. Heaven knows several of us joke about it but haven’t mustered up the courage. And the lucky lady didn’t end up on camera to boot. If I could guarantee that I might be willing to try out too, if only for the experience and insider look. 

• Love 5

Kelli isn't one I follow much but did catch this shot on her insta live.  I never knew she had such a beautiful arch to her feet.  This was the kind of arch I dreamed about but wasn't born with.  I had to stick mine under my sofa trying to get this arch.

tinydancerkqs_5_5_2018_19_7_58_142.jpg

• Love 1

Kelli has beautiful arches, but I don't like how hyper-flexed her legs are (mainly from the knee down).  Such things, especially if the dancer doesn't have it naturally, can cause damage to the tendons and muscles around the knee, up to the hip and down to the ankle, because the dancer is pushing the body beyond its natural ability.  Even if she does come by the hyper-flexion naturally, hopefully, she's working even harder to make sure she's doing every movement correctly, is keeping things "soft" and not "locking" her knees (among other things).  While I can admire the gorgeous split she's in, I wince at the legs involved.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Kelli has beautiful arches, but I don't like how hyper-flexed her legs are (mainly from the knee down).  Such things, especially if the dancer doesn't have it naturally, can cause damage to the tendons and muscles around the knee, up to the hip and down to the ankle, because the dancer is pushing the body beyond its natural ability.  Even if she does come by the hyper-flexion naturally, hopefully, she's working even harder to make sure she's doing every movement correctly, is keeping things "soft" and not "locking" her knees (among other things).  While I can admire the gorgeous split she's in, I wince at the legs involved.

I completely understand.  Although I never had it, I've seen that hyper flexion many times.  I still admire a gorgeous point though, and always will.  I love the kind of feet where you can see under the arch when just standing.  Although I had a strong point I wasn't blessed with that kind of arch.  It was the main reason I didn't look great in pointe shoes and eventually moved my training towards lyrical although I kept up ballet classes to maintain my technique.

20 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I’m not wowed by Keyra, but her personality was so much spunkier and just naturally fun in the podcast than just about every other DCC. If Khalyn is Supermodel, Jacie was Barbie, Keyra is Skipper.

also, being at LSU with cersten and Erica probably helped, and with Niecy Noodle, BUT Keyra is Jacies COUSIN. If that didn’t help more than being Cerstens buddy, then I just don’t know. 

I never knew this!

• Love 6
On 5/5/2018 at 1:03 AM, Raccoon said:

Olivia wasn’t rookie of the year. Sasha Agent was rookie of the year at the end of the 2010-2011 season.

She wasn't rookie of the year but the only rookie to made it on to show group

On 5/4/2018 at 7:21 AM, Tootie said:

I don't Kash understands what "Generations" means !

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, mmm said:

think she meant a timeline, Kashara, Heather and then Savannah in that order to have won Rookie of the Year.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mmm said:

That’s what they call three consecutive ROTY, same with a Little/Big/Grand Sister combo with sorority. Kashara knew what she was saying. 

Just now, DancingForLife said:

So excited about training camp! Love all your inside photos & info! Just read back a hundred pages & maybe I missed it- what happened to Kalyssa? 

She left to do modeling 

5 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

So excited about training camp! Love all your inside photos & info! Just read back a hundred pages & maybe I missed it- what happened to Kalyssa? 

As @Holly85 said, modeling.

*cough*

• Love 5
3 hours ago, mmm said:

40 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That’s what they call three consecutive ROTY, same with a Little/Big/Grand Sister combo with sorority. Kashara knew what she was saying. 

I actually agree with MMM, though I agree that it's how Kashara meant it, and it's certainly not a big deal one way or the other. Typically, a "generation" implies that one is a product of someone else...a kid or in the sorority setting, the class/line/group of girls who were selected by the prior group (at least in my experience with sororities, different orgs/chapters may use terms differently). Here, Kashara, Heather, and Savanah don't really fit that bill. They're more like sisters, all picked to be DCCs by K&J and Charlotte. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, mmm said:

She wasn’t the only rookie on show group that year either. Kaitlin LeGrand and Stephanie Heymann were also on show group.

ETA I see someone already posted this. Didn’t read that far.

Edited by Raccoon
  • Love 1
On 5/4/2018 at 8:54 AM, HowdeeDo said:

#LaurenWasRobbed

Robin being VOTY makes up for it a bit, but seriously....Savannah? I’m sure she’s a glittery ball of rainbow sunshine, but girl struggled the whole way, has no personality, and shows no improvement for next year. Putting her up against other ROTY - Kash, Heather, Holly, Jacie (I think right?), it’s just confusing. 

According to her teammates..the girls who actually know her..she does.

On 5/4/2018 at 12:08 PM, go4luca said:

Another cute shot of all the rookies.  Thanks to everyone for sharing their finds.  Can't imagine what the audition speculation process here will be like, lol.

mollyneumeister_4_5_2018_9_4_42_697.jpg

True dat.  She has a great figure for swimsuits.

I really hate this "we're all in on the same joke" pose that these girls do. Lol it's so corny and it's not candid.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I actually agree with MMM, though I agree that it's how Kashara meant it, and it's certainly not a big deal one way or the other. Typically, a "generation" implies that one is a product of someone else...a kid or in the sorority setting, the class/line/group of girls who were selected by the prior group (at least in my experience with sororities, different orgs/chapters may use terms differently). Here, Kashara, Heather, and Savanah don't really fit that bill. They're more like sisters, all picked to be DCCs by K&J and Charlotte. 

I was making a joke.