Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E09: Week 8: Trio Night

• Start Topic

Terrell and Cheryl: I like this partnership. I never really warmed to Cheryl but I am this season just because of how she is with Terrell. She really believes in him and is pushing him to be greater. The routine was okay, I would have given 8s. Interested to see how everyone else is scored if that was a 9.

I spy Adrienne Bailon in the audience. I now fully expect her to be on the next season and if she is I hope she’s with Keo.

Drew and Emma: These two are still here...okay. Umm...it was a lovely routine but I’m ready for his time to be up. It’s overdue.

Victoria and Val: Argentine Tango is my favorite dance and Val usually does a good job choreographing them. This was just okay for me. I agree with Len about “not being transported to Argentina.” Unfortunately Victoria leaves me cold. I feel nothing for her either way. It was the same way with Lindsey for a couple of weeks but  she’s gone way up in my esteem and Victoria, meh. Not so much. 

Lindsey and Mark: Loved the theme. This was one of those where the choreography was better than the actual performance. This wasn’t Lindsey’s best at all. She really wasn’t as sure footed as she normally is. Possibly because she was out of her element. I’m agreeing with the judges way too much tonight. Yuck. Looking forward to the trio.

Frankie and Witney: Pretty choreography. Witney was the star of this one for me. Frankie was okay. Nice footwork, ugly arm extensions. I think he could be more fluid. “I’m guessing he’s not the first guy who’s lost control of Witney.” Tom is hilarious.

Mark threw some shade at Frankie on Twitter saying “I wasn’t at the rehearsal where Lindsey was dancing her routine to music on day 2.” I wish everyone would focus on their own journey. The constant shady comments towards Lindsey and Jordan is getting very very lame.

Jordan and Lindsay: These two are so in sync its ridiculous. They look so good together, their chemistry is so good. They are a really good example of why chemistry matters. The choreography was out of this world. Yes Lindsay!! That quickstep was HARD and they made it look like a breeze. Amazing.

TRIOS!!

Terrell, Cheryl and Kelly: Umm. Was Kelly supposed to be a good dancer back in her day or something? I wasn’t watching season 1 and don’t remember her from all stars but she was distracting to me. In a bad way. This just felt weird, but I thought Terrell did well. Great hip action.

Drew, Emma and Rashad: This was fun. I want Emma’s boots. Rashad is still being overrated. 

Victoria, Val and Laurie: I honestly forgot about Victoria already. Replaying Laurie’s winning moment before the dance was…odd. Why? Is Laurie supposed to be passing off her “magic” to Victoria? How annoying lmao. No wonder I keep forgetting about her. Anyway, this was a bit of a mess to me. She was completely swallowed up by Laurie and Val and looked completely awkward at times. I liked the gold dresses and the confetti though? The official DWTS Twitter account posted a picture of their trio and used the one from dress rehearsal with Jenna instead of Victoria and they didn’t even realize their mistake.

Lindsey, Mark and Kristi: This trio made me smile so hard! So smooth, so clean, so beautifully danced. I loved it! Kristi was great with Lindsey. I know they wanted to bring back old stars for whatever reason but honestly it was to the detriment of a lot of of the current stars. It worked very well here. A fantastic, true jazz number. Deserved all 10s.

Frankie, Witney and Alfonso: If I never see Alfonso again it’ll be too soon. I really enjoyed this trio though and thought it was excellent.

Jordan, Lindsay and Corbin: I cannot even...I am not worthy. That is all.

Elimination: It should have been Drew or Victoria. Terrell had an amazing journey. He should be proud. As should Cheryl. Amazing work this season, truly. I’ll miss them.

On a side note, Its so sad to me that Jordan/Lindsey fans were on Twitter hoping they messed up during their first dance so they wouldn’t get a perfect score just so a certain subset of viewers wouldn’t hate them. The hate good dancers get on this show will never not be the strangest thing about DWTS to me. I will never believe in anybody having to dim their light to make others more comfortable.

• Love 11

The last three trios were good.  The Jordan one was unshockingly amazing.  The first three were kind of a mess.  Rashad made Drew stand out in a bad way.  The Victoria one was awful and 8's were generous for what she actually did, though I realize she wasn't at her best tonight because of the spasm.  Also why did their routine start with showing Laurie winning the mirrorball? Why are we making Vic's number about Laurie?  

• Love 10

The wrong two couples were in jeopardy:  should have been Drew/Emma and Victoria/Val.  

TO was better than both Drew and Victoria.

BTW...not that Jordan needs it....but just remember David Ross (and his huge following) are really backing Lindsay.

Edited by sinycalone
  • Love 11

Cheryl totally knew it was them. Cheryl Burke can read and work this show like no other.

YAMAGUCHI! I’ve been waiting for Kristi to return since they passed over her for All Stars. Man, Mark was a baby when he started on this show.

Loved the old celebs returning but showcasing Drew next to Rashad just showed Drew's lack of swagger. 

I missed Terrell and Cheryl with Kelly- I was explaining to my roommate what a quarter is- but it sounds like it was hilarious.

Victoria was always going to have an issue with the Jive and having her do it next to Laurie just highlighted the problem. Her spasm looked scary and I hope she is feeling alright.

Jordan’s two dances were so fast tonight. He looked amazing out there. The amount of energy he and Corbin put into that Salsa probably could have powered the building. 

Edited by sab85
  • Love 6

I don't like trio dances, hated TO's with Kelly.

Loved Jordans though, and Lindseys.I watched Mark, Lindsey and Kristi twice already !

It was a bit of a lackluster night for me, they saved that 10 paddle for Jordan though

Well done Frankie, sadly I am not a fan of Alfonso..

Drew, glad he made the semi finals :)

OMG Rashad is so hot!!

• Love 2

Umm. Was Kelly supposed to be a good dancer back in her day or something?

She was supposed to be the 'dark horse' candidate who improves and peaks at the right time. However, the reality was that her 'improvement' came by way of choreography that displayed her 'assets' - lots of shaking of the maracas  - and Edyta levels of near-nudity (note - I love Edyta).  I thought John O'Hurley was ten times better than Kelly, though the 'rematch' - which he won - really did him no favors, making him look petty.

• Love 8

I loved all the dances tonight....and hate to see anyone go..but Jordan and Lindsay really rocked their quickstep. amazing.....and Frankie better be in the finals...

Tom was hilarious tonight....it seemed like everyone but Len was in a great mood...I thought a lot of the dances were underscored....

I will miss this season as each week has had moments of great dances...no one show bored me like past seasons

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, McManda said:

A rumba trio just feels ... sleazy.

Yeeeeeeah, I was kinda wondering how well that'd play to the people who see this show as a family sort of thing. During that dance, I was actually sitting here briefly wondering if the Luke Bryan special shouldn't have aired first, so that the second hour of "Dancing" could start at 9 pm (or 10 eastern), thus making Terrell's trio dance a little more appropriate for the "later hour" :p. 

I did like it, though, and am a bit surprised to see Terrell go. I expected Drew to leave before anyone else, but evidently he's got a supportive fanbase out there, :). 

Did like Drew's trio dance, too, though-it wasn't technically perfect, no, but it was fun. Maybe it's the song they used for it-hard to sit still when it comes on :D.

Jordan, Lindsey, and Frankie's trio dances were the strongest ones by far, however, and Jordan definitely earned that perfect score.

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, doLLish said:

Mark threw some shade at Frankie on Twitter saying “I wasn’t at the rehearsal where Lindsey was dancing her routine to music on day 2.” I wish everyone would focus on their own journey. The constant shady comments towards Lindsey and Jordan is getting very very lame.

I suspect this is an unpopular opinion, but I found myself more annoyed with Mark for his shade than Frankie.  First, Mark more than anyone should get editing and how it works on this show. Second, Frankie may have meant Lindsey but I went back and he specifically says "Jordan and Lindsay/Lindsey".  He might have meant Lindsay as in "Jordan & Lindsay" or he might have meant Lindsey.  The show edited it as the latter, but Frankie doesn't control the editing so I don't know if that is what he meant or not.  Plus people have been name checking Jordan and Lindsey for weeks so now he decided to throw a little shade and not at all the various other couples the other weeks?  Just seems like such a silly thing to start something over.  Yeah, Frankie needs to focus on himself and get out of the "aw shucks I'm not worthy" thing but I could say that for most everyone else and I think it just served to make Mark look not so great.

• Love 16

Week 8 and Mandy STILL can't come up with a great opener!  Anyway...

Terrell:  I realize it's a fast dance and he's got super long legs but he was really cutting many of the leg moves short.  Cute choreo though.  I agree with Len that he's by far the most improved.  Agree with the scores.

Drew:  Pretty choreo but Emma was doing 90%, flopping this way and that.  His frame seemed all over the place and he lacked smoothness.  Unfortunately I agree with the scores, though 7s in week 8 are pretty devastating.

Victoria:  that spasm looks like what happened with Kath Jenkins.  Momentarily disabling but I don't think there's any lasting effect. (Hope she's NOT treated like Katherine who was widely accused of faking it.)  All her moves, legs and arms, were way too soft, no sharpness at all.  I think that score would be appropriate if this were week 4 but for week 8? Should have been a 7 or two 7s in there.

Lindsey:  Wow! How do you dance to a changing-tempo percussion like that?   I guess that's how.  It could have used a bit more hips but it's a dance to remember.  Mark knows full well that Len won't like it.   I think he just gets nervous as to how bad Len will slam him. Scores are a point short, 3 points short if you credit uniqueness and difficulty.

Frankie:  sorry-missed it.  CAI calls it perfection and Len says far from perfection.  I'll have to go back and watch it.

-Trio Dances-

Terrell:  I just didn't care for this.  I'm fine with the scores.

Drew:  Camera operator seemed to forget who's the contestant...it's Drew, not Rashad or Emma.  The view of Drew kept being blocked by the other two.  Out of sync for most of it but good effort.  Agree with the scores.  At this point I don't think Drew will ever get in sync.

Victoria:  So many irritants here.  Why did they use black tape on her back - we know it comes in flesh-color?  Why all the audience crowding the stage so we couldn't see her legs?  Again, no sharpness to her kicks and flicks.  All too soft.  It seemed at times both Val and Laurie were pulling her through to the next moves.  Scores were generous. 

Lindsey:  Loved the old-timey feel of this. Reminiscent of his Foxtrot with Sadie and Emma.  Maybe a couple slight sync instances but they got right back on track.  Scores are a point or two short.

Frankie:  He did well. I liked the moment when he wagged his finger as a "no" to the Carlton.  It was good choreo.  I missed whatever CAI was talking about losing the beat at the beginning. Scores are good.

Jordan:  towards the end, either Jordan missed 3-4 steps or Corbin threw in a little something extra.  But great job.  Perfect score as expected.  

I'm sad to see Terrell go.  He's been improving so much.  It should have been Victoria or Drew IMO.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 4

Aww man, I really was rooting for Drew and Emma to leave this week. I wasn't particularly rooting for Terrell/Cheryl, but he was growing on me week by week. That being said, I totally get it. He hit a snag last week with the dances, and Drew's advantage with the dances, along with the votes, probably slid him ahead. But bullshit that Frankie/Witney were second to last once again. 

I think I've found out that salsa is my favourite type of dance, because every single salsa routine I've caught on Youtube from this show has been so much fun to watch, and Jordan/Lindsay/Corbin's salsa is no exception. It was definitely the best dance of the night because it's in Jordan's wheelhouse. He's more of a fluid dancer, where he can move his hips and do those kinds of movements.

Yeah, I totally get now why people can be annoyed by Alfonso. He was...kind of annoying at parts, kind of like Val and Maks when they speak up during the judging. However, I did like Frankie/Witney/Alfonso's jive. I am totally with Frankie when he says that he's been the most nervous about the jive. I wasn't sure if he'd be able to keep up. And, as far as my untrained eye could tell, he did fairly well. At the very least, he was entertaining. I agree that all three didn't distract from the others. With some of the other trio dances, I felt like the actual celeb was lost in the dance, or they just couldn't keep up to the vastly superior guest celeb. With this jive, I thought Frankie managed to stick in the spotlight and keep the eye on him when needed. 

I loved Lindsey/Mark/Kristi's dance and thought it didn't deserve just one 10. I'm not sure why she keeps getting just underscored enough where it worries me on her placement in the finals. I just have this off feeling that she'll be forever third. Like, it is really ridiculous because she's better than what they're scoring her. 

Drew/Emma/Rashad's dance, to put it lightly, was pretty bad. Not only was there too much sparkle that made it difficult to see them about 80% of the dance, but Drew got completely lost throughout the dance. 

Terrell/Cheryl/Kelly's dance was pretty bad as well. A rumba isn't made for a trio, because all Terrell did was stand there and then walk to his next position, and then stood there again while the girls groped on him. Cheryl did what she could with the style, but it was bad.

Victoria/Val/Laurie's dance was alright, but it was clear how much better Laurie is compared to Victoria, judging from Val throwing in those jumps, lifts, and other gymnastic moves to impress people as he cannot do those with Victoria, but the crowd aspect was also another way to distract from her feet, to distract from her unable to do these types of quick dances. 

I know there were also the regular dances too, so I'll comment on the ones I saw briefly.

I missed Jordan/Lindsay's dance, so I cannot comment on that.

I thought Frankie/Witney's dance was good, but I agree with Len's comment and his score. Frankie is good at these types of dances and though I found it pretty great, it's not his best dance. 

Lindsey/Mark's dance was so good. A good bounce back from last week.

I will have to rewatch the other dances and comment on those later on.

I've only been watching since 2010 - but I think that trio of Lindsay's with Jordan and Corbin was the best I remember seeing. Wow. (I'm not invested in who wins the MBT, but I do wish it for Lindsay - I've seen her in the tour shows she's been in and she's 100% energy ALL the time... I also really like her choreography.)

Her QS with Jordan was incredible too... however, I'm not a fan of the psychadelic (sp?) circles on the floor. Ugh... I must be getting old!

Lindsey, Mark, and Kristi were also fantastic!

Great show... didn't want to see anyone go...

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, spanana said:

The last three trios were good.  The Jordan one was unshockingly amazing.  The first three were kind of a mess.  Rashad made Drew stand out in a bad way.  The Victoria one was awful and 8's were generous for what she actually did, though I realize she wasn't at her best tonight because of the spasm.  Also why did their routine start with showing Laurie winning the mirrorball? Why are we making Vic's number about Laurie?  

See, this is what I thought too.  I'm a lay person when it comes to dance, but I don't understand the value/benefit of this dance.  The pros and past winners are in most cases going to out dance the current 'star', right?  The Mark Ballas trio (see what I did there?) was the exception...he was the standout IMO.  It was a lovely, lovely dance.  Of course, the Jordan/Corbin/Lindsay trio was the ultimate.  Still don't like the concept.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've always thought they had him do the scoring when they were running short on time?

It seems like he has done it a lot more this year. He has been doing more conversations with the dancers than he used to as well. 

I've noticed the Lukasiak family from Dance Moms (mom Christi, daughters Chloe and Clara) in the audience a lot during this season.  During tonight's episode, it was only Christi and Clara in the audience, but the camera seemed to focus on them a lot and even did a long close up shot with her.  I'm betting she's been signed up to compete on the junior version because the amount of attention on them has been so noticeable.

22 minutes ago, Uke said:

Drew:  Camera operator seemed to forget who's the contestant...it's Drew, not Rashad or Emma.  The view of Drew kept being blocked by the other two.  Out of sync for most of it but good effort.  Agree with the scores.  At this point I don't think Drew will ever get in sync.

Victoria:  So many irritants here.  Why did they use black tape on her back - we know it comes in flesh-color?  Why all the audience crowding the stage so we couldn't see her legs?  Again, no sharpness to her kicks and flicks.  All too soft.  It seemed at times both Val and Laurie were pulling her through to the next moves.  Scores were generous. 

Lindsey:  Loved the old-timey feel of this. Reminiscent of his Foxtrot with Sadie and Emma.  Maybe a couple slight sync instances but they got right back on track.  Scores are a point or two short.

Frankie:  He did well. I liked the moment when he wagged his finger as a "no" to the Carlton.  It was good choreo.  I missed whatever CAI was talking about losing the beat at the beginning. Scores are good.

I thought the camera work during the trios in general was very poor.  During the Ballas trio, he was totally featured IMO.  

The black tape - it's really hard to believe this was anything but an attempt at garnering sympathy.  Flesh toned tape would have been expected, but gee, maybe 6 or 7 people wouldn't notice it that way.

If I never see the Carlton again, I can die happy.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeeeeeeah, I was kinda wondering how well that'd play to the people who see this show as a family sort of thing.

It's not that, and I'm not anything near prudish. I just think that the rumba is hard to do well for a male celeb unless you've got Evan Lysacek-like flexibility and limb control app for a male celeb to do it as a trio with two females just plays of as him standing there while getting groped. It takes what would have been an "eh" dance at best and devolved it into a "this is actually really bad".

Not shade in Cheryl, she got screwed with the style. She also probably shouldn't have chosen Kelly as their third, BFF or not. Kelly was never spectacular to begin with, and even if she was, it's been years since her go-round as a contestant. I'm not sure who would have been better, though I do think maybe a male (Gilles?) and framing the dance as them fighting over seducing Cheryl home would have made it slightly less awful than Cheryl and Kelly pawing over TO.

• Love 3

It is lame, good for you Mark sticking up for your partner. Both the brothers threw shade at her, now Frankie..eff off and dance!

• Love 4

Welcome back Rashad! Seriously Emma...open your eyes girl!

For the first time ever, Tom is on my last nerve this season. I don't like him doing the interviews and his humor, which I usually love, has been grating. If they're not going to use Erin, send her home to coke boy but let someone else ask the questions. I hear Maks is looking for work. LOL! I'll be shocked if Erin is back next season.

I was sorry to see TO go home. I would've rather Victoria or Drew. I don't know why they feel they have to shove Val into the semis every season.

Both of Jordan's dances were amazing!

If they're going to do a gimmick, they need consistency. I hated All-Stars because some people had their original partners and some didn't. The same thing with the trios tonight -- either everyone should have had a former partner or everyone should have had someone new. It's unbalanced and unfair the way they randomly do it and it makes the concept so much less enjoyable.

Were Maks and Peta home pouting? I noticed they were the only two eliminated pros who weren't in the opening number.

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, smiley13 said:

Victoria just needs to go.   I really do not understand why such a sub par dancer keeps being given inflated scores.

Jordan/Lindsay and Lindsey/Mark were the standouts once again.

Oh you have you to have a C bro in the finals. The judges helped her there...eye roll

I was sorry to see TO go home. I would've rather Victoria or Drew. I don't know why they feel they have to shove Val into the semis every season.

It's in his contract! 

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Bliss said:

I'm not a fan of the psychadelic (sp?) circles on the floor. Ugh... I must be getting old!

I found the production values very distracting during this dance, and along with his shoes being the same color as his slacks, seemed to almost camouflage his movements.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

It is lame, good for you Mark sticking up for your partner. Both the brothers threw shade at her, now Frankie..eff off and dance!

Yeah, but should I read into the fact that he seemed to be okay with the C bros name checking Lindsey but only decided to get into it with Frankie of all people?  Can't speak up about Maks but Frankie is fair game? I suspect it also has something also to do with Frankie being Witney's partner and Witney and Mark have barely spoken in years. Weren't there rumors that Mark and Witney had a brief fling during his break from BC and before she got engaged?  I don't think it's any secret they went from being close to ignoring each others existence.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, McManda said:

It's not that, and I'm not anything near prudish. I just think that the rumba is hard to do well for a male celeb unless you've got Evan Lysacek-like flexibility and limb control app for a male celeb to do it as a trio with two females just plays of as him standing there while getting groped. It takes what would have been an "eh" dance at best and devolved it into a "this is actually really bad".

Not shade in Cheryl, she got screwed with the style. She also probably shouldn't have chosen Kelly as their third, BFF or not. Kelly was never spectacular to begin with, and even if she was, it's been years since her go-round as a contestant. I'm not sure who would have been better, though I do think maybe a male (Gilles?) and framing the dance as them fighting over seducing Cheryl home would have made it slightly less awful than Cheryl and Kelly pawing over TO.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that about you or anything of that sort! Apologies if my comment came off that way at all. I was just speaking in a general sense, and your comment was a good springboard for the thoughts I'd had when watching that dance. 

But anywho, yeah, I think you make some very good points about how certain dances need the right kind of people to make them work. I'll definitely agree with that. I think everyone put in their best efforts, and there were some sexy elements to it, but yeah, I can agree that a stronger male dancer would've made that work a lot better. 

I didn't start watching this show until the second season, so this was my first time seeing Kelly :p. I'm just sitting here wondering how that date between her and Terrell will go, or if they actually wind up going through with it at all :D. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that about you or anything of that sort!

Oh no, not at all! It was more me feeling like my comments needed clarification because my issues with that dance didn't stem from some idea that sex shouldn't be on tv or is shameful or something. Nothing personal or targeted at all!

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm sure you're right, I just haven't noticed.

I have. What I don't get is that Erin is no worse than she's been since she started so even if they want to get rid of her, why not just get through this season and then replace her whenever the show comes back?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, spanana said:

Yeah, but should I read into the fact that he seemed to be okay with the C bros name checking Lindsey but only decided to get into it with Frankie of all people?  Can't speak up about Maks but Frankie is fair game? I suspect it also has something also to do with Frankie being Witney's partner and Witney and Mark have barely spoken in years. Weren't there rumors that Mark and Witney had a brief fling during his break from BC and before she got engaged?  I don't think it's any secret they went from being close to ignoring each others existence.

You could definitely be right but I just thought it was him having enough. Like it happened last week, its happening again this week, and he feels if he doesn't say anything its gonna get out of control, possibly turn fans against them and cost them votes.

I was very underwhelmed the whole show until Jordan's trio dance.

It might have had something to do with 2 hours of free lives in Candy Crush and the hot wings that we had delivered for dinner. 

I don't know if it's because Nikki got the boot last week - it was the right time for her to go but she was still the horse I was betting on. So this week felt like it didn't have much draw for me. At least until the aforementioned trio dance because hot damn. I don't usually agree with the judges when they score 10s across the board but I can't argue with that. Even if there were mistakes (were there? I'm sure someone will point something out), the energy and feel alone was amazing. Kudos to Lindsay because she deserves them for that.

For the record, the wings were hot and fantastic. 

• Love 7

Pegged Terrell for this week's departure after last week's scores (most especially that team dance fiasco) and the positive critique and high scores for the Charleston, though I thought it was his best dance, were pretty big confirmations. A shame, I'm another who would have kept him past Drew (who was never going to succeed dancing a funky cha cha alongside RASHAD) and Victoria.

And speaking of Victoria, I was actively repulsed by Val's trio. To center the routine on his last victory, with Laurie...what the hell man? It's Victoria's season. It's Victoria's time. Let her have her own freaking dance, not a tribute to your greatness and a storyline that Victoria just wants to partake of your and Laurie's sparkle mirrorball magicalness.

But I loved the Lindsey/Mark/Kristi and Jordan/Lindsay/Corbin trios, as well as Jordan/Lindsay's quickstep, and Lindsey/Mark's samba to just a slightly lesser degree. Just wish they'd stop lowballing Lindsey beyond all reason.

Edited by lavenderblue
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Bliss said:

I'm not a fan of the psychadelic (sp?) circles on the floor. Ugh... I must be getting old!

My mom was commenting on that, too-she was like, "I don't know how these guys don't get distracted by some of those special effects they use on the floor while they're dancing."

9 minutes ago, McManda said:

Oh no, not at all! It was more me feeling like my comments needed clarification because my issues with that dance didn't stem from some idea that sex shouldn't be on tv or is shameful or something. Nothing personal or targeted at all!

Gotcha. It's cool :). 

• Love 2

Someone needs to explain to me why the audience vote model hasn't been pushed out to sea on a flaming boat?  I have only voted a couple of times ever, on any contest show, and I would rather see the contestant judged by informed folk based on skill, not popularity.  It would have been a straight up tragedy if David Ross would have won last year, and I'm a huge Cubs/DR fan. 

Mark has every right to be ticked off, at both the judges and the other contestants/pros.  Lindsey is an excellent dancer, but she was not a trained dancer prior to the show.  And the judges are not giving Lindsey the scores that she deserves.  If they get screwed out of the finals, I doubt we will ever see Mark on this show again, especially if they are sacrificed for Victoria.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I have. What I don't get is that Erin is no worse than she's been since she started so even if they want to get rid of her, why not just get through this season and then replace her whenever the show comes back?

She has grown on me.  She sort of bugged me early on, before she got her legs under her, I thought she was trying too hard.  She is hands down better than Brook Burke or *gasp* Leah Remini.  I don't remember the first woman's name, but I didn't mind her either.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She has grown on me.  She sort of bugged me early on, before she got her legs under her, I thought she was trying too hard.  She is hands down better than Brook Burke or *gasp* Leah Remini.  I don't remember the first woman's name, but I didn't mind her either.

I agree. She gets on my nerves for a lot of things but I like her as co-host and do think she's better than any of the previous ones (or Leah Remini.....UGH!). The pros seem to like her and her goofy awkwardness is pretty amusing. 

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, spanana said:

I don't think Mark cares what the brothers grim think, he knows they whine, he's put up with their BS for years. Mark and Derek both have. Mark is happily married and has been happy for a long time, love BC Jean. He doesn't think about Lindsay. I hear he was great in the Jersey boys, go Mark!! Great trio tonight!!!

10 minutes ago, smiley13 said:

Mark has every right to be ticked off, at both the judges and the other contestants/pros.  Lindsey is an excellent dancer, but she was not a trained dancer prior to the show.  And the judges are not giving Lindsey the scores that she deserves.  If they get screwed out of the finals, I doubt we will ever see Mark on this show again, especially if they are sacrificed for Victoria.

She's getting the votes! They deserved 10's for the trio. It was on par for me, with Lindsay and Jordan..;) 

And speaking of Victoria, I was actively repulsed by Val's trio. To center the routine on his last victory, with Laurie...what the hell man? It's Victoria's season. It's Victoria's time. Let her have her own freaking dance, not a tribute to your greatness and a storyline that Victoria just wants to partake of your and Laurie's sparkle mirrorball magicalness.

His ego, he's Maks younger uglier brother. But the ego is the same.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 3