Type keyword(s) to search

Past Season (and Contestant) Discussion

eteffi
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, LBS said:

Peter had a very weird arc on "Total Bellas" (reality TV show about the WWE Bella Twins) in which he was set up with Nikki and he came off a bit creepy/desperate for fame still.  

I'm surprised they didn't make it work, she's more than a bit desperate for more celebrity herself.

• Love 1

I will never understand why originally attractive people do that to themselves? Did she not like being pretty? Maybe she was getting hit on too much? Or did she watch House of Wax and think "that's the look for me!"

Her "after" photo looks like Miley Cyrus' mug shot in about 10 years. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
On 9/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, Canadian Girl said:

Saw a promo for Dancing with the Stars. I miss Kaitlyn's face!!!

IMG_2020-09-08_14-52-23.JPG

Ugh, I have nothing against getting work done and still find her pretty, but natural beauty isn't overrated! She was so cute already. Not everyone needs to be blonde, tan, fuller-lipped, etc. There are lot of girls who would be thrilled to look the way she did naturally. 

• Love 6

Rachel Lindsay Reveals She Spoke to Peter Kraus for 1st Time Since ‘After the Final Rose’ (US Weekly):

The Dallas native later revealed that Kraus, 35, reached out to Lindsay amid the Black Lives Matter movement.

“He was asking me questions about it and stuff, like, for some advice about responds he had gotten,” she explained before revealing that they nearly followed each other on social media after their chat. “We almost hit that follow button, but it would just turn into something that it shouldn’t. I still get messages that tell me, ‘You were really into Peter.’ It’s like, guys, I’m married now. I just celebrated [our first] anniversary. It’s sad because we were like, ‘It’s probably not a good idea to hit that follow button.’”

On 9/8/2020 at 6:50 PM, Mabinogia said:

I will never understand why originally attractive people do that to themselves? Did she not like being pretty?

I think the mindset is "But I can be prettier!"

• Love 3

I had DWTS on while I was doing something else.  I forgot that Kaitlyn was on.  I looked up, saw her and thought, "she looks familiar, I wonder where I've seen her?"   I was shocked to find out that she is THAT Kaitlyn.  She has a passing resemblance to who she used to be. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 9/23/2020 at 3:15 PM, ByTor said:

I think the mindset is "But I can be prettier!"

Exactly, most women know this mindset. Ugly women would do anything just to be average. Average women wish they could be cute. Cute females want to be considered the pretty girls. Pretty women want to be beautiful. Beautiful women would rather be gorgeous. Gorgeous women covet the beauty of the stunning. The stunning woman wants to be the most beautiful woman in the world. Even if you have that kind of extreme beauty, someone younger and prettier will come along...

• Love 3

Bachelorette Alum Emily Maynard Johnson Welcomes Her Fifth Child — a Baby Girl!

Emily Maynard Johnson is a new mom!

The former Bachelorette star, 34, has welcomed her fifth child, and fourth with husband Tyler Johnson, whom she married in 2014.

The couple share sons Gatlin Avery, who turns 3 in November, Gibson Kyle, 4, Jennings Tyler, 5. She is also mom to her 15-year-old daughter Ricki, whose father Ricky Hendrick, a race car driver, died in a plane crash in 2004 just before Maynard Johnson found out that she was pregnant with their daughter at age 18.

She'd just announced the pregnancy a day ago. Emily always said she wanted a lot of kids.

It's so interesting to see how her life has turned out and compare it to where Brad and Jef are now. Even with Arie, he's married with a family, too, but I don’t think he and Emily would have worked out in the long run.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 4
On 9/8/2020 at 6:50 PM, Mabinogia said:

I will never understand why originally attractive people do that to themselves? Did she not like being pretty? Maybe she was getting hit on too much? Or did she watch House of Wax and think "that's the look for me!"

Her "after" photo looks like Miley Cyrus' mug shot in about 10 years. 

I think a lot of these folks are terrified of one tiny baby wrinkle popping up so they do all these other wierd things ( severe eyebrows, puffy lips) to distract . Ugh. That’s why i love the natural beauty and cuteness of many of the early seasons before Botox and fillers were a thing . And veneers . Lol

• Love 3
On 10/19/2020 at 6:04 AM, nlkm9 said:

I think a lot of these folks are terrified of one tiny baby wrinkle popping up so they do all these other wierd things ( severe eyebrows, puffy lips) to distract . Ugh. That’s why i love the natural beauty and cuteness of many of the early seasons before Botox and fillers were a thing . And veneers . Lol

Exactly. Those fine lines are not nearly as aging as a face with obvious work done. I love the idea of wrinkle prevention, but the fact some people look worse after things like Botox and fillers makes me too scared to mess with either. There's also just something about a natural face that's special to me. I really admire the beauty of women like Sophia Loren. She was a breathtaking beauty, but these days someone like her would have had a nose job and a ton of Botox before age 30. It's such a waste of God-given beauty. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. Those fine lines are not nearly as aging as a face with obvious work done. I love the idea of wrinkle prevention, but the fact some people look worse after things like Botox and fillers makes me too scared to mess with either. There's also just something about a natural face that's special to me. I really admire the beauty of women like Sophia Loren. She was a breathtaking beauty, but these days someone like her would have had a nose job and a ton of Botox before age 30. It's such a waste of God-given beauty. 

yes. the erasure of distinctive features in exchange for this weird, rounded off, overripe face that bears no resemblance to the old one is so depressing. i hate how injections can start off as "enhancement" of natural beauty, but then turn into a high maintenance self improvement project that goes on for years. a lot of naturally beautiful women have become so vigiliant about tweaking every little thing and small changes are just part of a normal biological process. I get that aging is difficult and ageism is rampant (ugh). I just wish there weren't  ten iterations of one person's face, esp when less attractive people would LOVE to have the original verison. : (

• Love 8
4 hours ago, adore said:

yes. the erasure of distinctive features in exchange for this weird, rounded off, overripe face that bears no resemblance to the old one is so depressing. i hate how injections can start off as "enhancement" of natural beauty, but then turn into a high maintenance self improvement project that goes on for years. a lot of naturally beautiful women have become so vigiliant about tweaking every little thing and small changes are just part of a normal biological process. I get that aging is difficult and ageism is rampant (ugh). I just wish there weren't  ten iterations of one person's face, esp when less attractive people would LOVE to have the original verison. : (

I know. There are some people where they have a nose job, they more or less look like themselves, just better and more photogenic. It can be a real self-esteem booster. I have no issue with this. I'm interested in breast implants myself. I'm thin and have some boob, but I wanna be buxom without padded bras! I don't think I'd look at my body and feel sad that I messed with what I was born with. I find body work different than facial work. I like looking in the mirror and recognizing myself, but I don't think I'd miss my modest chest, haha.  

It's just so sad when someone's blessed with natural beauty, and they take it for granted. If you have delicate features, do you really need super full lips? If your nose isn't like a dolly's but you're stunningly beautiful, is it worth the risk of ruining your precious face in an effort to achieve so-called perfection? If you have the finest of lines but still look super young, is it worth it to inject stuff into your face to get smoother skin but possibly end up less pretty?

There was this knockout gorgeous model who was in a Ricky Martin video many years ago. She had plastic surgery and looks like a very different person. Such a shame. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

There are some people where they have a nose job, they more or less look like themselves, just better and more photogenic.

And then there are people like JoJo who's had one nose job too many and now looks like she's wearing someone else's face.

8 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm interested in breast implants myself. I'm thin and have some boob, but I wanna be buxom without padded bras!

The grass is always greener on the other side. I have big breasts and a petite frame, and it's a huge nuisance. When I see full-body pictures of myself, I wonder how am I not falling over. DD+ bras and swimwear are really expensive, I can't do high impact sports without wearing a very restrictive (and very ugly) sports bra, it's hard to find shirts/dresses/outerwear that fit well without alterations (I'm an XS/S everywhere else but an M/L in the chest), any neckline below the collarbone looks "sexy," etc., etc. If there was a painless and scarless way to have a breast reduction, I would do it in a heartbeat.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It's just so sad when someone's blessed with natural beauty, and they take it for granted. If you have delicate features, do you really need super full lips? If your nose isn't like a dolly's but you're stunningly beautiful, is it worth the risk of ruining your precious face in an effort to achieve so-called perfection? If you have the finest of lines but still look super young, is it worth it to inject stuff into your face to get smoother skin but possibly end up less pretty?

The sad thing for me is that someone/society is telling these young, healthy, attractive women that they aren't good enough, some of them, if they take care of themselves, would have grown old very beautifully but they feel that isn't good enough, they aren't good enough, they have to be smooth and plastic because their "career" is to be smooth and plastic to sell shit. There is not a single one of these women I "look up to" or look to for beauty advice because I'm not willing to spend hundreds to thousands on constant surgery or procedures because I don't equate my self worth with how much I look like a Barbie doll.

• Love 7

I’ve been watching old seasons of the bachelor/bachelorette and it’s amazing how normal the women looked and you could tell most of them apart. Fast forward to today everybody looks the same. It’s like there’s only one acceptable face now. 
I love distinctive features on people. Since I’ve been isolating and have been more active on social media and watching tv, I feel like I’ll forget what “normal” is but it won’t be until masks are no longer necessary since when I do venture out we’re all covered. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

It’s like there’s only one acceptable face now. 

And hair!    What happened to pixies and short bobs and glorious locks like Nicole Kidman's in the Undoing?   Why is it all the same center parted layered hair with obvious extensions?   

• Love 8
On 9/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, Canadian Girl said:

Saw a promo for Dancing with the Stars. I miss Kaitlyn's face!!!

IMG_2020-09-08_14-52-23.JPG

Maybe that’s an untouched photo of her on the right, but she looks overblown and unattractive.   Whoever said she looks like Mylie Cyrus is right! 

• Love 5
On 12/30/2020 at 9:32 AM, Thumper said:

Maybe that’s an untouched photo of her on the right, but she looks overblown and unattractive.   Whoever said she looks like Mylie Cyrus is right! 

How sad that she forgot that the men chose her over Britt, who was probably more conventionally beautiful but not as interesting-looking.

• Love 5

I find this kind of strange.  On Instagram, Ryan posted nothing about Trista yesterday and had this odd post about him and his coffee.  Then Trista did post something nice, but it seems something is a bit off as Ryan is usually very forthcoming with his declarations of love.... whether they are together that day or not (in person).  The links are below

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLR_5Y7HZsx/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLS3w7hggn-/

• Love 2

If you want to save yourself a long dragged out podcast, on Trista’s podcast they talked about Ryan’s diagnosis.  He has Lyme disease and is also dealing with the effects of mold toxicity.  

• Love 5