Type keyword(s) to search

Past Season (and Contestant) Discussion

eteffi
  • Start Topic

I find it hilarious that Amazon tells me that "People who bought this book also purchased" books by Trista Sutter, Melissa Rycroft, and Shawntel Newton...and "Gone Girl." Shit just got real on the reading list!

• Love 2
(edited)

Chris Siegfried's "poetic memoir"

Submitted without comment: http://www.dhpoetry.com/

OMG - did you see the Kickstarter-like levels for purchasing particular quantities of books??? A skype session or dinner with them??? What if one buys all the copies -- accompanying them on their honeymoon or officiating their wedding?

Edited by lulee
(edited)

I thought I'd start this topic for general discussion about the Bachelorette, past & present, comparisons, fantasy, etc.  To kick the thread off, I have three questions:

• If you were casting this season's (or any season) Bachelorette, who would play whom? You can choose actors from the present or past, or characters from other TV shows or movies.
  • Which of these guys would you like to see as the next Bachelor?
  • If you were the Bachelorette and there for the right reasons, who would you be most attracted to?

And you can talk about something totally different from any of these.

Here are my answers:

• Casting: right now I'm thinking of Mary Tyler Moore (as Mary Richards) for Andi, Ted Baxter for Chris Harrison, maybe Ed Asner as a contestant.  Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker could be Andi's dad.
  • Next Bachelor: Marquel or Chris would be cool. But for pure entertainment & camp, I would like Bradley so I could laugh at him each episode.
  • Attracted to: 30-40 years ago, it would be Josh M, the Jock. At my time of life and bumping up his age 20-30 years, I think Marquel.  He's nice and he's funny, plus cute!
Edited by Lamb18

I would have liked to see Arie from Emily's season as The Bachelor. Loved his sense of humor & attitude and frankly he is the only contestant I have ever been attracted to. But it probably is for the best because most likely Arie in large doses would not be as charming and I would end up disliking him.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this, but I just had to say that, out of all reality personalities, I find the ones from the Bachelor/Bachelorette the most insufferable. Given that we have the Jersey Shore kids and the Housewives, I think that says something about how much I dislike them. I think it may be because the show is so disingenuous and contrived and that carries over after the show. And, for some reason, they all comes across as so desperate for money and attention and they treat their participation in the show as some badge of honor (with all their reunions). Ick. 

I have a really unpopular thing to say: I hear that Chris Harrison is really a lovely guy. I have read lots of crazy things about him on the forums but I only hear nice things about him.

Thoughts?

Cali, I think it's hilarious that Harrison has turned "[Ladies/gentlemen], this is the final rose" into a CAREER spanning, what, 30 or more shows? Well, he's a producer, too, so I suppose he does more than that. I obviously don't know him, so I have no comment on the kind of person he is, yet I have no reason to think that he's NOT a good person. He definitely has had his favorites over the years, but that seems normal, too. I'm sure it's not easy to maintain a pleasant interest while simultaneously remaining impartial and subdued. I'd have a difficult time interviewing the lead and NOT interjecting my own opinions...which is why I'm thankful for Previously.tv!

He seems like a good guy to me. He likes the Bachelors in direct proportion to how well they treat the contestants (he openly hated Juan Pablo, especially for how he treated Clare) and he's kind and comforting to the women who leave the show in a heap of tears.

• Love 1

He used to be pretty lovable, but after the Melissa/Jason debacle and a few similar moments (I think the Roxanne thing, and the Vienna/Jake thing), he clearly demonstrated that the show and the spectacle comes first, the contestants second.  Hey, its working for him, and he can't be all bad if people like JP and Ashley allow him to be the celebrant at their weddings.  

He's not someone I would trust, but he's a pretty good host. And he doesn't come across near as smarmy as many other reality tv hosts, like Jeff Probst, for example. 

• Love 1

I agree. This is a tv show first and foremost. What's good for tv comes first, and the contestants are second. Although I do think that he cares about the contestants more so than other hosts, but that may be more of a function of how the show works, than anything. I would think that he spends more actual time one on one with the lead than other hosts. I can't think of another current show where the host has to do that. They may do that on shows that I don't watch. 

A little off topic but still in Chris' corner: Mike Fleiss/the producers make the contestants do the drama we all see.

I have always been a believer that the Jason/Melissa debacle was a written storyline. It was completely set up, sending Deanna to Thailand to give Jason "advice" on who to choose, sending Molly home, him crying over the balcony, choosing Melissa, etc. Deanna showing up always bothered me. And when we saw the outcome, it was confirmed (for me anyway). Chris Harrison handled that VERY WELL, I thought. And they made it up to Melissa by making her an ABC family member. Jason made a comment about Melissa's stardom in something I read. I think he felt like he got the short end of the stick from ABC.

Chris may be a producer but don't think he has anything to do with how the show goes down. His ability to juggle all of it and come off as a gentleman is impressive.

• Love 2
(edited)

So Trista and Ryan are going to be on Marriage Boot Camp or something of that nature.  Wow!  If they truly are having trouble that is the last place to be.  If they are trying for publicity (I can't imagine Ryan) then the last place to be too.

Edited by jumper sage
(edited)

So Trista and Ryan are going to be on Marriage Boot Camp or something of that nature.  Wow!  If they truly are having trouble that is the last place to be.  If they are trying for publicity (I can't imagine Ryan) then the last place to be too.

Yes. It already started airing. I think 3 episodes so far, but I've only seen the first two. (There's a board for it on this site.) It's on WE-TV--all reality TV stars, including Gretchen and Slade from RHOC. So far some loud-mouth from the Bad Girls Club has been the focus of 80% of the show. Although Ryan meekly stepped in when they were going at it because he was afraid it was turning into a domestic abuse situation. So far Trista and Ryan seem to have the most tame issues that maybe fans who have been married for a decade+ can also relate to. However, in a preview they did show Ryan saying "I found her in bed with another guy." But, who knows, it could have been the context of when she was dating 20 other guys on The Bachelorette or nothing was actually happening but sitting on a bed. (shrug)

Edited by JenE4

Courtney's new book is coming out and she has a lot of interesting things to say about Jef/Arie/Emily. I never, ever like Emily. She always gave me such a fake vibe. The fact that she tried to get back together with Arie after breaking up with Jef is low. Arie and Jef may be male whores but Emily is super shady too. I totally believe the sexting rumors about her with Matt Leinhart. And if she did sleep with someone in the FS it basically confirms the story about Arie being pissed with her because they had sex in it. 

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/courtney-robertson-reveals-incestuous-bachelor-drama-two-timing-arie-luyendyk-jr-and-womanizing-bastard-jef-holm-16427.php

(edited)

While I absolutely think Emily was a fake and let's face it, the fact that she and Jef split soon after pretty much confirmed that his brother wasn't lying when he went to US Weekly and said that Emily was sexting during a family weekend with them which yeah definitely not a good look to be sexting some other guy while on a family vacation with your new fiancé, not everything Courtney says here makes sense. 

I'm sorry but getting a wax is now proof that you're going to have sex with someone - really? Then apparently I've been foolish to be waxing this past year since I've been single. Plus The Bachelor(ette) often goes to to these tropical islands, especially towards the end of the season where the women are always in bikinis. I'm sorry but if that is all the proof that Courtney has that Emily had sex with any of her Final 3 then I call bullshit on that. 

The stuff about her texting Arie is interesting though - guess texting men is Emily's thing. And I'm not surprised about her and Jef hooking up after the break-up because there were pictures of Jef and Emily hanging out multiple times after their split. Honestly, I'm just more amazed that Jef and Arie were and remained so close despite this whole thing with Emily. I also remember that Arie was the one to throw some shade at Emily a few times after the season was well over and her and Jef had split. I don't think Jef ever publicly spoke badly about her. 

Also, maybe it's just me but I don't find Jef's comment to Courtney that awful. Sounded like he was trying to get her to come help out with his charity and basically said "hey, it'd be good press for you so not a bad thing." And I could see why he'd say that because Courtney did have such a bad rap after Ben's season. I mean it's not like he asked her to invest in some money making scheme. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I'm sorry but getting a wax is now proof that you're going to have sex with someone - really? Then apparently I've been foolish to be waxing this past year since I've been single. Plus The Bachelor(ette) often goes to to these tropical islands, especially towards the end of the season where the women are always in bikinis. I'm sorry but if that is all the proof that Courtney has that Emily had sex with any of her Final 3 then I call bullshit on that.

I thought about that too. Then I remembered a comment someone left on Reality Steve's site before the season aired about Arie being super pissed at her for eliminating her after they had just slept together.  That's why he looked so bewildered and also, why she told him she really thought it would be him. Supposedly Elan, the producer, handles with the F1 during taping when the show is winding down and he was assigned to Arie during Emily's season. And the fact that Arie felt compelled to fly to Charlotte and leave his taping diary on Emily's door tells me something went down between them that it was so hard for him to move on.

Emily is the typical girl who thrives on male attention no matter her status. I mean, Jef might be douchey but he didn't deserve to be cheated on. I totally believe she did it.

I was reading his column and someone said Jason and Molly spilled the beans about Graham leaving on his own to be with Chrishell during DeAnna's season. It makes me wonder why the show made it seem like she let him go, DeAnna was inconsolable that night. And since now they would go the whole "he has a gf at home" route and make him look evil I wonder why then they wouldn't be upfront about it. Even Frank from Ali's season left to get back together with his ex and they showed the whole thing.

(edited)

I have no idea why (maybe thinking about the

Marquel v. Chris

debate for who should be the next bachelor) and suddenly remembered Byron (bass fisherman's season). Remember how they brought him out with another Richard Gere-type bachelor and had the women vote on which one they wanted to stay as The Bachelor for their season?

Obviously they wouldn't do that with

Marquel/Chris

but it was a really weird idea even back then. I guess I'm not surprised they haven't done it since for either TB or TB-ette, but I'm surprised they did it at all.  Doing it for the women's show probably seemed too cruel, but they dumped the Richard Gere guy with hardly a "bye".

As for Emily...I think she's an opportunist who is so brilliant at manipulating others (especially men) and it was kind of depressing to see how easily she wrapped some great guys --inc. her F3--around her little finger, while still on the look out for someone better. I was sad to see someone like Arie fall for her because she just seemed like a clichéd fake blonde look that guys supposedly want--had all the poise and self-confidence to get whatever she wanted, even from TB staff--but was so dull!

Edited by Rhondinella
Hide spoilers
  • Love 1
(edited)

With regards to Emily, the only thing I really want to know is the truth about what went down at that family vacation with Jef and his family because I think it's clear at this point his brother was not lying and something clearly happened. But as I noted above, Jef has never publicly spoken bad about her and at this point, with so much time passed, I don't see him talking about it. But I for one really would like to know the full story, especially as they were apparently still willing to hook up with each other for awhile after the public break-up.

eta: I don't think the

Chris

as possible Bachelor talk is a spoiler as I think it's just speculation in the event Andi does not pick him.

Edited by Rhondinella
spoiler tags
  • Love 1
eta: I don't think the

Chris

as possible Bachelor talk is a spoiler as I think it's just speculation in the event Andi does not pick him.

You're probably correct, but since

Chris is reportedly the next Bachelor, we don't know for sure what standpoint people are coming from when they say things like this.

So I'm going to spoiler tag them just to be safe.

(edited)

Chris

Chris

Chris

Sorry if anyone read my post as a spoiler. It's really just speculation based on my firm feeling about who she will choose (and who doesn't imo have a chance in the world).

But...I've been wrong before! I thought it just read like speculation as I intended it to--sorry not to tag it, especially as

Chris

is still in it.

Edited by Padma

This is pretty weird - I was checking out a link on Andi another poster had left and when I checked the news, I saw something about a former Bachelor contestant. It's about Jamie - the pretty, but unbalanced brunette that totally humiliated herself during Ben Flapjack's season - and compounded the humiliation when she later appeared on Bachelor Pad. Now she's on a wedding show - she agreed to marry a man, sight onseen. There are pathetic reality shows and then there is THIS:

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelor-alum-jamie-otis-weds-stranger-on-married-at-first-sight-201497

It's called Married at First Sight. Poor poor Jamie. If ever there was any proof that they don't bother to wean out the mentally or emotionally unstable before casting them for this show, this would be it.

(edited)

I was just coming in to post this. I saw it in my daily US Weekly e-newsletter. I really have no words. And from skimming the article, her issue isn't so much that she's realizing the enormity of what she's about to do, i.e. marrying a virtual stranger, but that she doesn't think the guy she got paired up with is very attractive and/or good-looking. Because that's what's most important. Man it is truly sad the society we live in today with the lengths some will go for some bit of fame.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Oh Jamie the lapdancer. You'd think she wouldn't be that shallow considering she was trying to seduce Ben of all people. Did the show put those fake looking moles on the groom's face just to freak her out even more? That's a bit evil. He doesn't look half bad in the profile pic in that Dailymail article.

Don't forget Jamie's love triangle--or quadrangle--with Chris B on Bachelor Pad! They hooked up and she thought that meant they were in loooove even though he was hooking up with two other girls. She became a bit stalkerish over the debacle.

Her husband is rather unfortunate looking. But I suppose his looks and her crazy might be an even trade.

"6 Bachelor Couples You Didn't Know Existed" or, in my case, knew the couples existed for some but didn't know the contestants existed for the rest. Note that slide 5 is a Bachelor in Paradise spoiler!

Oooops! I think I'd read that somewhere but interesting when you actually see their photos side-by-side. Probably a better match than with Andi. And on a completely shallow note, I can't believe how Tenley and Kiptyn both look a lot worse than they did on their respective seasons! Or when they were on Bachelor Pad either. Guess their shallowness migrated from inside out.

See that the special Bachelor/ette Wipeout is this Sunday.   From the previews it looks like Erica Rose is back. 

And this is where Tenley found her new guy, hashtag Kasey, after she and Kip broke up once again.

See that the special Bachelor/ette Wipeout is this Sunday. From the previews it looks like Erica Rose is back.

And this is where Tenley found her new guy, hashtag Kasey, after she and Kip broke up once again.

Wait. What? Tenley and "Guard and Protect Your Heart" Kasey?! I'm wracking my brain thinking there MUST be another Kasey because that one is craaaazyyyy. If the tattoo wasn't enough, the appearance of him and Vienna on Bachelor Pad should have been!!

• Love 2
Wait. What? Tenley and "Guard and Protect Your Heart" Kasey?! I'm wracking my brain thinking there MUST be another Kasey because that one is craaaazyyyy. If the tattoo wasn't enough, the appearance of him and Vienna on Bachelor Pad should have been!!

There was another Kasey (possibly different spelling but same pronunciation) on Desiree's season. He said "hashtag" a lot, hence "hashtag Kasey". I don't think prissy princess Tenley would go near anyone who's had carnal knowledge of Vienna.

• Love 1