Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Chapter Fifteen: Nighthawks

• Start Topic

Yay. Another new episode.  Everyone should expect this always be how I start Riverdale episodes now.

Also look.. I’m Bughead for everything, every episode that has them still together is something to me. I feel like there’s a clicking clock on this relationship this season and I’m just waiting, so always I will be happy when they still appear to be a couple by an episodes end. 

Also poor Pop, it’s not his fault that someone almost killed Fred. 

Um did Archie’s Mom come for a week and then leave? The hell? Maybe stay a little longer Mary? I mean aside from Molly not being a great actress, Archie’s Mom should have stayed a little. 

Also ha.. I’m not sure if Archie’s flyers are more hilarious than his last scene last week with the bat and the broken hand. Not really sure. 

Aw Jughead. Please stop going to the serpents, they aren’t going to help you without a fee. Why is he doing this?  He knows better and yet.. I get it but I don’t. He wants to help his dad. And F.P. knows what’s up. Ugh. He probably should have told Jughead all this a while ago.

I was all excited that Veronica would actually have a story this year but I don’t know, I’m not into it being like all about her parents and their issues. Look I’m still holding out hope that they have more to do with the guy in the hoodie. Otherwise.. eh? I don’t know. I already can’t take whenever she says “daddy” every ten seconds. I can’t do it. I still think they may have something to do with it; otherwise I can’t like this story. A rich girl fighting with her parents.  Also totally called them buying the diner anyways. 

I do appreciate Veronica giving some advice to Archie that makes sense. He should see a therapist.  But whatever.. now he’s going to start doing drugs I guess. I’m less

Liking Archie this week again. But whatever.

Josie being a vixen is a way to bring her more into the fold. Also.. guess Cheryl is herself again? Another character who’s gotten a reset button since the finale but I’m assuming that’s all to be expected as when they wrote and shot the finale they didn’t know they would be getting a season 2. Still. It’s funny.

Archie finding about NotGrundy not dying.. don’t really care.  I know he thinks he was “in love” with her, but really. I think the show really wants me to care but this is a story that caused the problems I had with not caring about anything in regards to Archie’s story last season so it’s not working. I feel all of Freds reaction. Seriously.. I was kind of bored with all of Archie this week.

Alice Cooper is the best. Well she’s okay. She has her moments.  

The Betty and Cheryl blackmail thing was.. okay? I don’t know.  I mean yay she spoke up for F.P. but whatever. 

Aw, Jughead and Veronica are getting a scene. Look if they want us to believe these two are a core four and friends we need more scenes of Jughead and Veronica being friends. They should have had more last year. 

I love that Pops is Betty’s drive in and has all these moments for her. I love how she was so excited to save it. I liked retro night because our gang looked all adorable in their clothes. Also the milkshake cover was pretty good.  But poor Betty has now made Pops a drug haven and it’s going to be terrible. 

Aw poor Smithers! He was Veronica’s only ally. 

Eh. I mean yeah.. I care less about the two murders in the final side than I did about Grundy. So?

This episode felt a little off. Not in a bad way but last week was so solid and well condensed and this one was full of a ton of moving parts, I hope that makes sense. There was just a whole lot going on. 

• Love 6

Quick thoughts about tonights episode.

Hubba Hubba Hubba. Hiram Lodge. Yummy. No wonder Hermione wears a smug look on her face a majority of the time, I would too if stabled a stud that looked like that.

As sinister as he may have come off last episode,  this one showed that he clearly adores his daughter.  Seeing him with flowers made me melt.  He was eating so much crow from Veronica I was beginning to wonder how such a man could contend against the Blossoms in their heyday.  Then came the end.  

Where Cheryl's Dan and Penelope seemed to simmer with resentment for each other AND the world, Hiram and Hermione seem to be very much a team.  Exploiting the weak and undermining the strong seems like it is going to be their form of maneuver.  From a villainous perspective, I like the way they operate.  If they are going to save Pops, they are going to own it when they are through.  If Smithers isn't helping Hiram mend fences with his daughter, then he's in the way and arrangements are made to remove him.

It was good to see Cheryl again, Her greeting Betty and Veronica as "Humpty and Dumpty" LMAO.  And I knew Veronica initiated that struggle over the Rivervixens because she found out the Blossoms were involved with setting up her father, Cheer Captain clearly meant very little to her.   I think they are my two favorite characters.  They are both so extra in their own ways.  But OMG where are Cheryl and Penelope living.  That "conservatory", I don't even know what to say.  That place cannot be good for their mental health.

Interesting turn they are taking with Reggie.  He's a drug-dealing, booty-hound, whereas in the past, he was a Richie-Rich, Snob who was head over heels in love with Veronica Lodge.  I'm interested in seeing what the writers do with him.

I've always considered the characters of Reggie and Veronica to be soulmates so I now have a crazy mental picture of him growing up to be the next Hiram and Veronica being his Hermione.

• Love 6

So...how is Pop's the Death Diner? Nobody DIED there. One guy was just shot. After all the crime that goes on in that town, whether on the South Side or not, this is apparently the event that gets Pop's to go under in less than two weeks?

KJ Apa is still doing very well. He was the weak link out of the four main "teen" actors in season one, but he has proven me wrong in these two episodes. He's doing very, very well with the material he's getting. I now consider him on par with Cole, Lili, and Camila. 

Archie's going down a dark path with his PTSD and I can't blame him for his panic. Miss Grundy getting killed a couple of days after his dad gets shot is something that I'd consider more than coincidence if they didn't tell us outright that it was the same person. 

Jughead's also going down a dark path with the Serpents. I just shook my head at his Prison Break idea. So, you get your dad out of jail, Jug. Then what? You go on the run with him and leave your friends behind? I did like his scene with the lawyer. I recognized Brit Morgan in the credits and totally forgot she was going to be on this season. This show really works with their female characters.

I thought Alice's scene with Archie and Fred was very well done. She was very toned down from her usual icy demeanour. She usually can't stand the Andrews, but she was surprisingly nice to Archie and Fred with revealing Grundy's cause of death.

Ahh, the Lodges are more complicated than ever. Like Veronica, I'd like to believe that Hiram is wanting to be a better dad and a better person, but I'm trusting my gut on this. I think it doesn't help that we've only heard about Hiram being a bad guy, but we haven't seen it, so there's still that disconnect. I think I need to see a little more of shady Hiram, because I assume that side is sticking around. Though he also did just get rid of Smithers, which is a big no-no.

I loved Betty's enthusiasm to save Pop's but also F.P. I love that Betty went through with the blackmail; you just wouldn't expect it from her if this was any other show. I do love that Cheryl seemed to respect her move. I would feel pity for Cheryl for being blackmailed, but she burned her own house down and blackmailed her own mother. 

I also liked that they gave a little more for Reggie to do. Hi, New Reggie! You are quite acceptable! Now, to give Josie and her Pussycats more to do. There's hope yet.

I'm going to hope that Moose is just going to be hospitalized for a bit. I refuse to believe that they just killed him. Though, if him and (I think?) Midge do survive, the Black Mask guy is 1/4 in kills. But it looked pretty final. I just thought Midge and Moose were getting more to do this season. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

KJ Apa is still doing very well. He was the weak link out of the four main "teen" actors in season one, but he has proven me wrong in these two episodes. He's doing very, very well with the material he's getting. I now consider him on par with Cole, Lili, and Camila.

He's also getting much stronger material, which I'm sure helps.

• Love 6

I would have to protest that..imo the "core 4" actors aren't on par with each other because Camila is way ahead of them all.

• Love 4

The long-awaited debut of Midge! Uh, okay, bye Midge.

So the shooter is basically Riverdale’s version of the Zodiac killer.

Reggie 2.0 is a lot slicker than Reggie 1.0, but he’s probably also more suited to the show. The leather jacket look also seems more obviously drawn from the current Waid comics iteration.

In classic soap opera fashion, immediately after Veronica decides to give her dad another shot, he turns out (unbeknownst to her) to be unworthy of it.  I like what we've seen of Hiram thus far; kind of disappointed we didn't get more of a reaction from Betty and Kevin on seeing him, though.

• Love 3

I love the tension over Jughead owing the serpent lawyer a favor when all she did was suggest they get the Blossoms to forgive FP? Like she didn't even coerce the forgiveness (Betty did that for free) or bribe a judge or pull strings or give him morally ambiguous advice that could damn Jughead.  Jughead sending her a burger and shake would probably be a suitable thanks for her effort. 

• Love 18
46 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also poor Pop, it’s not his fault that someone almost killed Fred.

Seriously. No one is boycotting Blossom's Bonkers Murderous Maple Syrup. Though, they really should because that family is insane and homicidal.

Um did Archie’s Mom come for a week and then leave? The hell? Maybe stay a little longer Mary? I mean aside from Molly not being a great actress, Archie’s Mom should have stayed a little.

Yeah, not looking like the best mom. I wish they at least paid some lip service to her doing the laundry, drawing Fred a bath, picking up Fred's meds at the pharmacy, or being on her way over from her hotel. It seems kind of reprehensible that she left her traumatized son and his seriously injured father.

Aw Jughead. Please stop going to the serpents, they aren’t going to help you without a fee. Why is he doing this?  He knows better and yet.. I get it but I don’t. He wants to help his dad. And F.P. knows what’s up. Ugh. He probably should have told Jughead all this a while ago.

For a kid who loves noir as much as Jughead does, he really shouldn't have let the "owed favor" thing slide.

54 minutes ago, Last Time Lord said:

Did they just kill Moose?

I hope not. I was really hoping that as he was making out with Midge that he would moan Kevin's name.

19 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

How is Jughead this all knowing narrator?

Riverdale is actually "The Lovely Bones" and Jughead is dead. If you prefer, Desperate Housewives and he's Mary Alice Young.

• Love 12

Cello bows are not that strong.

I still want to know what happened to Nana Rose. And where is Polly?

Out of all the underused characters, I hope the mayor gets more screen time. Plot wise, she should be a lot more prominent.

• Love 4

A few things I forgot to mention that I loved: jingle jangle is actually from the comics I think that The Archie’s sang, Betty wore her hair in a bun not a ponytail in a scene randomly, Cheryl showed her mother the video of her dad/her moms husband shooting Jason aka her mother’s son to being her peace.

Keep being crazy Riverdale, never change.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Whaaaat?! Are Midge and Moose dead? I'm still in shock over that ending.

Right?

The last three episodes (counting the finale) have all ended with murders or attempted murders. I loved Alice blaming Betty for bringing crime to her side of town. Riverdale was a such a quaint crime-free place until Betty ruined it for everyone by keeping Pop’s open. Sure, Alice.

• Love 3

But poor Betty has now made Pops a drug haven and it’s going to be terrible.

Well according to "Warped World View" ex-serpent Alice. In real life it's crap. Pop's has been around for forty years and if drugs were being sold in the parking lot it sure as hell didn't start that night. Alice is like a robot badly programmed by social media. If social media was just drunk as balls.

This one sure had a lot in it, didn't it? Josie and her Pussycat/the Mayor felt a bit crammed in but at least they were there. Maybe Kevin will get a line next week! Something about how any boy that shows an interest in him comes to a shady/violent end?

New Reggie is fitting right in with the craziness and had the best line of the episode: "Only a lunatic brings a baseball bat to a gun fight." He's working that leather jacket too. And a good cover for a drug dealer is being rich popular boy since apparently every single person in town believes the Serpents do all the crimes in the state.

Only Cheryl would think that Mama "My Sweet Audrina: The Adult Years" Blossom watching her husband shoot her son would bring her peace. Nice to see she has her spider pin of power back for lying under oath!

Archie did a good job and shout out to the makeup department--they did a very good, subtle job of making him look exhausted. And of course since everybody thinks he's crazy he's going to be the only one who knows what's going on.

Ronnie had to do some flip flops and she handled them well--of course a teenager, no matter how cynical, is going to want to believe in her parent. But Hiram really messed up in dismissing Smithers: he might as well have whirled on V and screamed YOU HAVE NO ALLIES in her face! 

And where is Polly?

Polly who? You'd think Mama Blossom would be more obsessed than ever over the coming next generation, not to mention the Coopers, but nobody's breathed a word, even to ask if she and Nana Rose escaped the fire!

Edited by Snookums
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

How is Jughead this all knowing narrator?

3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Riverdale is actually "The Lovely Bones" and Jughead is dead. If you prefer, Desperate Housewives and he's Mary Alice Young.

3 hours ago, jewel21 said:

This is actually Afterlife with Archie and we smash cut into The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

• Love 3

Jughead does remember that his dad's a recovering alcoholic, an awful father, tampered with evidence and who knows what else. While twenty years is a long time especially when one is 16, claiming Mayor Mccoy is turning her back on FP...is just wrong. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Jughead does remember that his dad's a recovering alcoholic, an awful father, tampered with evidence and who knows what else. While twenty years is a long time especially when one is 16, claiming Mayor Mccoy is turning her back on FP...is just wrong. 

Yeah.. I didn’t get that moment either? I mean I understand Jughead has always been supportive of his dad, even when he was still drinking when he moved into the Andrews and he told Archie he refused to give

up On his dad but.. I mean.. I can’t recall fp meaning anything to the town of Riverdale? Pop Tate and his diner is one thing, before the shooting everyone seemed to love it and the bad rep it seems to be getting seems unwarranted but F.P. and the mayor? It didn’t make sense. 

• Love 3

Cheryl referring to Jughead and Betty as Hobo & Bride Of Hobo was the line of the night.

Speaking of Betty, she is a MAJOR asshole. And in need of a serious comeuppance. Unfortunately, since she's a member of the 'Core Four' that will never happen.

Also beyond tired of Jughead's emo bullshit. He needs to be pushed into the sea ASAP.

The Southside Serpents are Satan's Helper's rejects.

Josie & Mel are adorable. And Mel actually got to speak. All it took was giving Val an infectious disease.

Sierra should be a much bigger player with everything going on, but for the obvious reasons, she remains window dressing.

New Reggie is a real cutie. I'll always miss Old Reggie though.

Hiram & Hermione are definitely straight out of a Mario Puzo novel. But they're operating as a team, for now, so it's cool.

For someone who considers herself a cultural savant, Veronica has absolutely no street smarts.

Pop Tate & Principal Weatherbee both got something to do this week. Now that they've served the plot, they'll both return to window dressing.

Alice is the best. Did Hal fall down the same rabbit hole as Polly?

Hi Moose & Midge. Bye Moose & Midge.

• Love 4

Uneven episode. I liked parts of it. 

New Reggie is HAWT and it was nice to see him get some screentime. Same for Josie and Melody that just wasn't about singing. I did miss Val. Looks like the writers had enough juice to write for people of color and incorporate them into the arcs without making their value solely related to someone else. Here's hoping they get more screentime and story to be fleshed out. 

I thought the "milkshake" cover was no bueno altogether. 

I like Hiram's devious nature and his twisted yet loving relationship with Hermione. Not interested to watch Veronica screech at them.

Finding Archie more interesting this season since they're not writing him as totally oblivious anymore. Any chemistry I saw with Veronica and Archie in the very beginning of S1 I've not seen again since about ep 1x05, so all their scenes drag for me. 

Betty and Alice were entertaining. 

• Love 1

So are we just pretending that the whole Jughead gets a foster family and transfers to Southside High storyline didn't happen? He appears to be living in the trailer and going to Riverdale High with the rest of the gang. 

Alice Cooper is awesome!

When will Jughead learn not to trust the Snakes? 

Serious suspension of disbelief that charges that could put someone away for 25 years can be handwaved by the victim's family forgiveness  in court.  But I'm all for more FP on the show, so I'll take it.   

Moose and Midge was some creepy Son of Sam/Zodiac Killer stuff.  

Were Veronica's family dynamics this messed up all the time, or are they now just stemming from her father going to prison and she's discovered who he really is? 

• Love 2

w/r/t Hiram Lodge and the casting of Mark Consuelos-- I didn't think twice about V's mom peppering her speech with Latin words (although the actual Latin in the church was a bit much)-- but Hiram Lodge? That's a pretty WASPy name-- are we going with the theory that he changed his name to be more successful in his career? because he keeps dropping "mija" left and right last night-- which is not what I expect from someone named Hiram Lodge.

Also it takes a serious bit of suspension of disbelief to accept that Mrs Cooper heard those kids in the parking lot talking about a drug deal-- because otherwise, I suspect she might be a mutant.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sashabear21 said:

So are we just pretending that the whole Jughead gets a foster family and transfers to Southside High storyline didn't happen? He appears to be living in the trailer and going to Riverdale High with the rest of the gang. 

Alice Cooper is awesome!

Serious suspension of disbelief that charges that could put someone away for 25 years can be handwaved by the victim's family forgiveness  in court.  But I'm all for more FP on the show, so I'll take it.   

Moose and Midge was some creepy Son of Sam/Zodiac Killer stuff.  

Were Veronica's family dynamics this messed up all the time, or are they now just stemming from her father going to prison and she's discovered who he really is? 

I mean.. Jughead made a comment last week that the foster parents were going to let him live at the trailer and just tell the social worker what Greg needed to know. I assume he’s still at Southside High, we’ve only seen the other kids at school doing school stuff. My guess is by next week we will see Southside High. It hasn’t been important to the plot yet.

I do wonder should that change if F.P. gets out? Are we just going to move  Jughead back to Riverdale High? Because the whole point of him having to move to the Southside and attend the different school was becaus F.P. was in jail? I don’t know, I know he’s not out of jail yet and we have probably some time on it but I’m curious about what it means. 

• Love 1

So are we just pretending that the whole Jughead gets a foster family and transfers to Southside High storyline didn't happen? 

Betty said something in the last episode about how he'd arranged with the family that he could stay at the trailer as long as he checked in with them? Or something? Which...okay, but no more lunatic than the rest of this show.

That made me groan aloud--this creepy woman all hunched up in her jacket in the back of a tattoo parlor going on about favors? And Jughead, movie addict, has apparently never seen The Godfather?

Also it takes a serious bit of suspension of disbelief to accept that Mrs Cooper heard those kids in the parking lot talking about a drug deal-- because otherwise, I suspect she might be a mutant

To be fair Alice didn't hear it so much as see it through the window and take pictures on her phone. That she blew it up into "Pop's is the new drug haven of Riverdale and it's all YOUR FAULT, BETTY" was just her crazy talking.

39 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

w/r/t Hiram Lodge and the casting of Mark Consuelos-- I didn't think twice about V's mom peppering her speech with Latin words (although the actual Latin in the church was a bit much)-- but Hiram Lodge? That's a pretty WASPy name-- are we going with the theory that he changed his name to be more successful in his career? because he keeps dropping "mija" left and right last night-- which is not what I expect from someone named Hiram Lodge.

I suspect that Hiram has an upbringing a lot like Mark Consuelos' own upbringing. Mark doesn't speak Spanish. He speaks Italian because he was raised in Italy and the U.S. in an around his Italian (mother's) family. Or like Katsuji Tanabe, who speaks Spanish because he was raised in Mexico by his Mexican mother.

• Love 2

Yeah Jugheads behavior is really off this season, to me anyway. He was always cynical and wary of the serpents last season and now he’s just disregarding his impressions? I get that he wants to help his dad but it’s odd that he feels no prior concern. Especially given his final scene last week when he saw what they would do when he asked to find the guy who possibly shot Fred. He seemed scared and regretting that he asked for help. And yet this episode he was back to asking them for help.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Latina mother, non-Latino father? Idk, but I have a lot of acquaintances whose names don't "match" their looks or culture. Inter-cultural relationships have been a thing for a long time. I also know a number of people whose families came from Latin America who don't speak much Spanish themselves and culturally are pretty mainstream U.S., but who still use the terms of endearment their parents and grandparents used.

I really hope Moose and Midge aren't dead. It would be a shame to kill them off without giving them a lot more story first.

I don't get Jughead's situation. Are the so-called foster parents just grifters who want to collect the foster care checks and not be bothered with the actual kid?

Someone really, REALLY needs to have a long serious chat with Archie about why Faux Grundy's "relationship" with him aka predation and rape was Not Okay. Someone who has more sense than Fred or Alice, since their solution was to send her on her way, free to prey on other young boys.

• Love 6

OMG!!! Moose and Midge got shot!!! Here I was happy to finally see them and be part of the whole gang and they got shot!!! What?!?!!? I literally was screaming !!! I knew RAS was planning something wicked but I certainly did not expect this!!!  

Weird episode in general, really good, but weird!!!

I'm sorta siding with Archie right now, he knows people think he's crazy (yes, yes, partially PTSD I know) but he's on to something... And now he's getting a freaking gun?!?! Really ARchie?!?! Is it me or is Fred Andrews sorta taking the whole thing a bit too lightly?!? Sorta like "Ok son, calm down son, take it easy..."... And did the mom disappear?

Reggie 2.0 --- Little bastard!!! Don't like him and he has bad boy written all over him... Selling drugs, playing pranks, hmmm....

Jughead --- Oh jughead, does he-not-know anything about the Serpents yet?? Why the sudden desperation to get his dad free at -all- cost?!?! Didn't he like hate his guts only a couple of weeks/months ago? Has he not watched noir movies before!! Bahhh.... From going anti Serpent to Pro-Serpent.... I just don't get it!! He's going at it way too blindly and he's digging himself a big freaking hole! And going to the Blossoms to ask for forgivness, what powers of persuasion does he think he has? Did he really expect to get that? I was just a bit wowed out by the whole thing, like, what the hell were you thinking? And pointing an accusatory finger at McCoy for not helping out?  She's the one that's after the Serpents!!! She wouldn't give a damn if FP was executed!!! Bah... If he's going darker and further down the rabbit hole, I'm expecting he'll become the leader of the Serpents by the end of the season!!! The freaky phone call from FP sorta scared the shit out of me... I'm scared for him, whether he gets out or not, I don't think he'll live for very long unfortunately...

Betty - She was fierce!!! Bring it on girl! A bit too extreme but fierce!! As much as I love her, I can't wait to see her go dark!!

Melody-- got a line, yea!!!

The Lodges -- whoa!!! Creepy AF!! Twisted, evil, just, plain evil!! bawhhh...

Bughead -- like someone said a little earlier, enjoying their scenes together because it seems like it won't last for very long... and despite everything that's happening, they have such great chemistry, it's like they're just waiting for trailer part 2 to happen mwahahaah....

• Love 1

Sheesh, citizens of Riverdale!  One guy gets shot at the diner and suddenly you turned the place into the no-go zone.  Way to support your institutions, folks (that goes double for you, mayor!)  Also, Fred actually didn't die, so "Death Diner", graffiti punks?  At least be accurate with your tagging, hooligans!

(cue Aersosmith music):  Archie's got a gun!  Archie's got a gun!  Yeah, this is not going to end well.

As soon as Jughead said he would normally blackmail Cheryl if she didn't just lose her dad, I knew that Betty would do it instead.  Dark Betty ain't afraid to cross that line!  Of course, judging from FP's little conversation, it sounds like Jughead might have still stepped in it by getting advice from that lawyer/Brit Morgan who is part of the Southside Serpents, so even if he does get out, this is only getting started!

The Lodges continues to be insane.  I do believe in some twisted way that Hiram truly does love Veronica and wants her to be in his life, but I suspect he (and Heromine) love power more, and any coexistence with Veronica is going to fall apart when it comes down to it.  I so want to see how Hiram and Archie's first meeting goes.  Maybe it's a good thing Archie's got that gun!

Sure, Alice.  Betty is totally the one responsible for bringing drugs and crimes into Riverdale by saving Pops.  Classic Alice!

Which scene wins the most gratuitous one:  Archie randomly answering the door shirtless or Betty deciding to confront/blackmail Cheryl while she's in her underwear?

New Reggie really feels completely different from the first one.

Don't worry, Josie.  Your mom will probably be more offended by that actual "Milkshake" cover then the fact you performed it at Pops.

Liked the Jughead/Veronica scene, since they both rarely interact with just each other.  Liked how Cole Sprouse and Camila Mendes played it.

Hooded dude comes out of nowhere and likely shoots Moose and Midge.  What is his deal?

Not as good as last week's due to mainly feeling like a place setting episode, but I'm still enjoying the ride.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 6

Theyve really done a 180 with Veronixas mother this season. She's such a cold hard bitch now.

This episode dodnt really do it for me. I vaguely interested in the serial killer and the Lodge family drama but couldn't have cared less about saving the diner.

Wheres Polly?

• Love 1

Speaking of people calling their family members odd things, does anyone else think it's weird how Fred constantly calls Archie "son"? He was doing it so often this week that it was distracting. I don't know anyone IRL who addresses their kid as "son". They call them by their name, or a nickname, or nothing at all if it's clear who they are talking to and they already have their attention. It's starting to make me think maybe Archie isn't Fred's biochild, especially after the way Penelope kept touching him say saying how just like Jason he was. Is Fred trying to convince himself? The relationship histories in Riverdale are a Gordian knot.

Alice is such a piece of work. Sure, lady. If Pop's closed, no one would be buying or selling drugs on your side of town. The high school kids who want to keep it up all night would be like, "no milkshake before my sexathon? Never mind then; I'll just host a Bible study and then go to bed early."

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Enginerd said:

Speaking of people calling their family members odd things, does anyone else think it's weird how Fred constantly calls Archie "son"? He was doing it so often this week that it was distracting. I don't know anyone IRL who addresses their kid as "son". They call them by their name, or a nickname, or nothing at all if it's clear who they are talking to and they already have their attention. It's starting to make me think maybe Archie isn't Fred's biochild, especially after the way Penelope kept touching him say saying how just like Jason he was. Is Fred trying to convince himself? The relationship histories in Riverdale are a Gordian knot.

Alice is such a piece of work. Sure, lady. If Pop's closed, no one would be buying or selling drugs on your side of town. The high school kids who want to keep it up all night would be like, "no milkshake before my sexathon? Never mind then; I'll just host a Bible study and then go to bed early."

To me it doesn’t seem unusual for dads to say “Son,” but I don’t know if people in New England say it. In my mind it’s a somewhat Southern thing to say, so that wouldn’t explain why Fred would use it.

I could just be basing my opinion off of Johnny Cash songs though!

11 hours ago, Enginerd said:

Maybe it is determined by how many kids you have, it is probably more likely if you only have one kid.

1 hour ago, Jeddah said:

To me it doesn’t seem unusual for dads to say “Son,” but I don’t know if people in New England say it. In my mind it’s a somewhat Southern thing to say, so that wouldn’t explain why Fred would use it.

I could just be basing my opinion off of Johnny Cash songs though!

I think I've only ever heard it from sort of rustic southern characters in tv shows. Maybe that's who the writers are channeling when they create Fred's dialogue, to give him a sort of salt-of-the-earth blue-collar vibe? It probably isn't meant to insinuate anything else...it was just repeated so many times that it started to sound like protesting too much to me!

• Love 1

Are we supposed to like Jughead and (Betty).. I'm like 30 mins in and he's ambushed the mayor demanding the govt save a private business.. Then he yells at the mayor to help out his dad... Then he goes to ask the family of the boy who's body his dad dumped in a river for mercy and he barely has any humility or remorse.. Shit it was barely an ask and more of a demand... The attitude on him has been trash since this show started... Even with the snake lawyer he was condescending... Ugh.  And by his side the entire time was Betty.. Who should know better.. She even points out to Cheryl that it was her dad who killed Jason and not F.P... These two deserve each other 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Enginerd said:

My father-in-law calls my husband "son" fairly often. He's very self centered, so I think he does it because it makes it clear that my husband is "his". I don't think that's Fred's reason. I agree it's odd, whether in real life or fiction.

• Love 4

TBH I´m not really into this ¨murder of the week¨thing.  It really takes away both predictability and the impact of a murder if I always expect someone to die.  My money´s on Ethel next week!  Yeah, I wanna be SHOCKED when someone is murdered.  If they do this 22 times in all 22 episodes then it´ll be quite silly. Especially since I already suspected someone would die again in this episode, AND when I saw Midge and Moose kissing in the car, I already knew they were going to die because it was just too obvious.  Let´s not do formulaic episodes please, Riverdale!

Edited by imakicola

Hey.... I was freaking shocked when he shot at them...  I thought it was Reggie playing a prank on them ( and for some reason I thought he was going to tag along in their rump-session tbh).

They can't kill off every support character can they?  

• Love 1
On 10/18/2017 at 10:31 PM, jewel21 said:

Maybe it's just a hallucination from the jingle jangle.

On 10/19/2017 at 1:06 AM, Snookums said:

Polly who? You'd think Mama Blossom would be more obsessed than ever over the coming next generation, not to mention the Coopers, but nobody's breathed a word, even to ask if she and Nana Rose escaped the fire!

You would think someone would have mentioned them surviving the fire.  And let's not forget Polly's twins ?  What's the status on that ?

On a completely superficial note, Cheryl in the change room in a bra.  Grrrrr, very grrrrr.

Though Ronnie looked pretty hot in her Pop's outfit.

• Love 2