Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I wonder if she's going to be like a previously unknown sister.

Maybe Rafe's missing baby mama if Dena Higley is writing. The woman is infecting Salem with babies babies babies.

Or she could be a new love interest for Billy Flynn. She's about his age from the looks of it.

Maybe the last theory is she could be in Gabi and JJ's storyline since they are now dating.

• Love 2

Erika Slezak's comments about Dena Higley are from a newsletter to her fans called "Erika's World". She continues to bash Higley throughout the Q&A session. It's amusing if you were watching or familiar with OLTL at the time.

Oh, I miss Erika Slezak. She was so damn classy that when she let someone have it, you knew they deserved it.

Here's how classy Erika Slezak is, she went on record saying she regretted giving that interview... Even though every word she said against Higley was absolutely true and deserved. Here's a portion of an interview she gave after speaking out against Higley:

soapcentral.com: In 2007, you spoke out about then-headwriter Dena Hegley…

Erika Slezak: I'm sorry about that. I said it in a confidential situation for my fan club. They have been there for me since my second year on the show, run by my fan club president, Walter Miller. We had always done a newsletter and it was printed and sent out. I don't go on the Internet. I pay my bill on a computer and that's about it. He told me that he was putting the newsletter on the Internet and I said, "Okay, fine." I think Dena is a very nice woman, and I admire her enormously for what she does. She's adopted two wonderful children, and she has two of her own. She's trying to do everything, and I just felt she was not doing the show a good service.

soapcentral.com: In what ways?

Erika Slezak: She had changed so much of it. She was bringing in characters that came out of nowhere and telling stories that had nothing to do with the history of the show. She was doing these kinds of disaster shows. We went from a train wreck to a fire to a plane crash, things that had nothing to do with what daytime is all about. It's about relationships. It's not about a crash. If you have a crash, there has to be long-reaching effects. You know, what happens because of the crash? You just don't move on to the next disaster.

soapcentral.com: Yes, I agree.

Erika Slezak: Well, I gave this interview to Walter and he printed it on the Internet. Well, I had no idea what was going to happen. Instead of 300 newsletters going out to 300 people, or however many people there are, now the whole world had access to it. I had no idea it was going to blow up like that. I am sorry because I would never have said some of those things in public had I known it was going to go out that far. In a sense, I'm not sorry. I'm sorry that I did it that way because I didn't want to hurt her, but I did say what I felt. It's not that I dislike her, but she was not telling stories the way she should about our show. I understand that when head writers come in they want to change things around, they want to make it their show, but you can't do that drastically. You can't dismiss 30-40 years of history. Dena tried to do that and it didn't work.

Full interview - http://soapcentral.com/oltl/news/2008/1103-slezak_iview_01.php

On topic, the idea of a JG and BM writing team could be promising - daytime needs some new blood in the writers' room instead of just passing the same few losers around.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 7

So much truth in what she says about Dena though. We keep getting events - Ben murders! Chad in a coma! Stefano shot! Eric in a crash! - without much built-up or payoff.

But then...I never felt like DAYS was a relationship show as much as AW was.

• Love 2

Why keep recasting actors in new roles when there are surely plenty of other actors out there who have yet to be used?

I guess this explains Brady's visions of the beach though. I guess he's off to California and will run into Dario there.

• Love 2

Looking forward to Dario. Mainly because I'm shallow and Jordi Vilasuso is pretty. But I wonder who they plan on pairing him with? You don't come on Days unless they have someone for you to couple up with; unless you are Lucas. I guess Theresa or Chloe? Maybe Lani? He was with Melanie last time but the actor looked younger.

Edited by Bwill3133
  • Love 2

Well I read a rumor that the reason why Dario has been gone for a long time is because he's gay. And his love interest might end up being Paul.

OH! That could drive a lot of story and be interesting, so it can't be true.

• Love 5

Is this the same Marie Wilson who was so awful on ATWT, she inspired Abby levels of hate?

She's been on Days before.  She was Aiden's wife's best friend Bree, who accused him of killing his wife Meredith.  But she's coming back as a different character.

She was also the beloved Karen Wexler on GH/Port Charles.

• Love 3

Is this the same Marie Wilson who was so awful on ATWT, she inspired Abby levels of hate?

Yes!

She and Roger Howorth. She didn't show signs of improvement til right at the end of ATWT.

I also remember her first acting work on the Sonny/Cher TV movie.

Edited by BlackMamba

Feb Sweeps in SOD (use your Zoom to read page)

z359d.jpg

https://twitter.com/purpledice8885/status/692787022730256385

For Feb Sweeps, why do I feel like my ass is itching. None of these stories makes me excited.

NOW... Andre will be using Chase like he did papa against his stepmother, yeah let's ruin this kid so the audience can hate him, Higley.

Steve is going to bed Ava. How did Steve start off smart at first about Ava's intentions to now being sucha watered down fool?

Crabs bullshit. Pass!

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

February sweeps previews are out in the magazines.  I'm not sure how to link to what was posted on twitter, but Steve and Ava sleep together and receive bad news about their child in the next few weeks.  Also Belle buys Claire a club to sing at with the DiMera money.  I stopped reading after those two.

eta: cross-post!

Edited by lska
  • Love 1

Steve and Ava...ugh. More coerced sex is just what this show needs. 

Rafe or Hope should just provoke Andre into attacking them and then kill him in self defense. 

How is Ciara torn between Theo and Chase when she hasn't shown any romantic interest in either one of them?

If Theresa and Nicole jump ship I wonder what happens to Basic Black. Dammit, now I want AS to come back so Sami and Kate can reform BB and compete against Nicole/Brady/Theresa. 

• Love 6

...I'm so turned off by all these spoilers. The Steve/Ava crap especially. And ruining Chase sure didn't take long, did it?

Why does Basic Black need to go bad? It was barely going well. And now the focus will all be on who gets Brady's love instead of the business.

Ugh. And nothing about Kate, Abe or Jarlena from what I can see either...

PASS.

• Love 5

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit?

Steve is blackmailed into sleeping with Ava. Why do they think people would want to see this? Kayla is one of the few likable and nice characters and her romance is so earnest. But let's shit on her.

Why is Belle using Sami's stolen money to open a club so people are forced to listen to Claire sing? What the hell is this Citizen Kane ?

She can't sing. Most of the cast of Glee , even Heather Morris or Jane Lynch would kick her ass off & my friends doing karaoke at Mary's Attic or Rory Lake would blow her away. So I am saying this having listened to other amateur singers, that actually showed some promise. Claire cant hold a note or belt. And we have 2 clubs already in Salem, so...

• Love 8

Why is Belle using Sami's stolen money to open a club so people are forced to listen to Claire sing? What the hell is this Citizen Kane ?

She can't sing. Most of the cast of Glee , even Heather Morris or Jane Lynch would kick her ass off & my friends doing karaoke at Mary's Attic or Rory Lake would blow her away. So I am saying this having listened to other amateur singers, that actually showed some promise. Claire cant hold a note or belt. And we have 2 clubs already in Salem, so...

Maybe one of clubs will be bought out and have a name change.

But Belle is really going to buy her kid's love by buying her a building for her "talent". And Shawn is going to be cool with this??

danielle-staub-returning-bravo-wwhl-appe

Great parenting Belle!

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

I don't know what to think about this show anymore.  I watch, but often as I'm doing other things, so it's mostly listening. 

Why must they destroy Steve and Kayla already?  And I'd rather Theresa and Nicole be friends than rivals for none other than Brady.   And Belle buying a club for her daughter!  

I'd say "who writes this stuff", but I know the answer.  Dena Higley.  And you all warned that she was a hack writer, but things were so good from September to November that I thought maybe you all were wrong.  Clearly not.  Hopefully the rumour about her leave of absence is true and we'll get better writing soon.

• Love 8

I'd say "who writes this stuff", but I know the answer. Dena Higley. And you all warned that she was a hack writer, but things were so good from September to November that I thought maybe you all were wrong. Clearly not. Hopefully the rumour about her leave of absence is true and we'll get better writing soon.

Thats the thing! From September to November the quality was good. I know people bitched about the amount of deaths especially to some beloved characters but be careful what you wish for "Higleized" stories are now on the horizon.

I'm now starting to wonder if this "personal leave" is a cop out to keep from firing her. "Yes Dena take a few months off to regroup yourself and we'll get someone to help Josh. Don't worry your job will be fine but go ahead and take a mental break." I would love to say DH can't handle writing 6 months ahead of schedule but hell she sucked at OLTL ask Erika Slezak! I wish JG could fire DH like how Guza fired him over at GH.

• Love 2

Spoilers from Days's Facebook spoilers page:

Monday, February 1st
Philip opens up to Belle about Deimos’ blackmail.
Steve tries to strike a deal with Ava.
Eve takes Claire under her wing.
Ciara rips into Chase after uncovering his secret.

Tuesday, February 2nd
Theresa and Nicole make a bold career move.
Brady begins to have a dream about a mysterious woman.
Joey is stunned when he catches Steve and Ava in a compromising position.

A jealous Belle warns Eve to stay away from her daughter!

Wednesday, February 3rd
Eric accuses Jennifer of abusing painkillers.
Chase has an emotional confrontation with Ciara.
Hope finds herself drowning in family drama, but Rafe is there to help bail her out.
Chad makes a deal with Adrienne and Justin to secure his future plans with Abigail.

Thursday, February 4th
JJ comes to Gabi’s rescue once again.
Belle gives in to her feelings for Philip.
Steve is forced to take extreme action to order to save Kayla.
Deimos threatens Philip.

Friday, February 5th
Fed up with Eduardo, Kate finds herself intrigued by Deimos.
Theresa begins to pick up on Jennifer’s strange behavior.
Andre tries to convince Chad that Hope killed Stefano.
Brady finally sees the mystery woman’s face in his dreams.

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit?

Steve is blackmailed into sleeping with Ava. Why do they think people would want to see this? Kayla is one of the few likable and nice characters and her romance is so earnest. But let's shit on her.

I predicted this, well not this exactly, but I said that Corday, who hates supercouples and Higley who clearly hates Steve and Kayla, because she could never create a Steve and Kayla of her own, always intended to destroy this pairing. This is why the Ava character was brought on initially. It didn't work and then Higley was fired, thus ending that story path. I don't care how they spin this, Steve is now irredeemable in my eyes (he's doing this for Kayla my ass, was he thinking of Kayla when he guilted her into forgiving this creature, did he think who is taking care of and feeding Kayla while he keeps his latest psycho skank handcuffed in Kayla's house). And this abomination better not be going down in the house Kayal's hard-earned money brought and that Steve just moved his family abandoning behind into.

• Love 6

SheKnowsDOOL spoilers for Feb 8

Week of February 8:

Monday February 8:

Steve and Ava receive stunning news about their son.

Kassie DePaiva on Castle - Tonight!

Tuesday February 9:

Fynn flirts with Lani.

Wednesday February 10:

Armed with an agenda, Andre befriends Chase.

Thursday February 11:

A dangerous fire breaks out at Hope’s house!

John resolves to bring down the agency that made him an assassin – much to Marlena’s dismay.

Friday February 12:

It's Valentine's Day in Salem!

Theresa, Nicole, Abigail, Rafe, Ciara, and Ava have very telling, cinematic dreams about their various romantic predicaments, with a different genre of movie serving as the backdrop for each one.

Higley and her damn dreams!

Edited by BlackMamba

I wonder who fought to keep that kiss from making it to the screen.  It's nice to know that there's at least one person with some sense behind the scenes.  Unfortunately, there's way too much stupid happening for one person to deal with.    

Isn't Beth Milstein's material supposed to begin next week?  Those spoilers sound like they came from the tiny mind of Dena Higley.  

• Love 1

"It's Valentine's Day in Salem!

Theresa, Nicole, Abigail, Rafe, Ciara, and Ava have very telling, cinematic dreams about their various romantic predicaments, with a different genre of movie serving as the backdrop for each one."

I have no interest in any of their fantasies.

Why couldn't Gabi/JJ get some focus on V Day instead? They're actually cute and dating....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Ugh.

Is that UGH in reference to Kate Mansi extending her contract...or Hope & Rafe's almost kiss...or perhaps Steve & Ava doing the deed to save Kayla??

(I mean you can't think of a better way of finding her than sleeping with the enemy?? Really, Steve?? Remind me to never hire you as a PI. How hard would it be to track Ava's movements the day Kayla went missing....oh right..guess you've been back in Salem long enough for your brain to have stopped working like everyone else's in this town,right?)

Pretty sure that UGH is for all of it, right LP?

eta: HIGLEY IS A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE WRITER.     Just can't repeat that too often.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 8