Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

And I can't help thinking that he was a convenient plot twist to further Hope's crazy train storyline..."oh, JM's feeling poorly and may be on his way out? Awesome! Just when we needed something for Hope to outdo herself with..." At least he seemed to enjoy the scene, and it was pretty clear that he was reading cue cards, so maybe he was having some difficulty

Shades of Anna Lee on General Hospital - this is just as bad.

As awful as AMC got those last years, after Pratt put the final nail in the already overflowing coffin of what had been a tremendous show - they kept Eileen Herlie, James Mitchell, Ruth Warrick on until they actually died, something they had done with all their vets.

Surely DOOL could have done the same, or at the very least, let him retire on his own terms, and write a story to honor the committment he's given for so many years.

Shitty.

• Love 9

You'd think we would have had Failure PTSDing about being necktie killed.  So we'd have that scene over and over and over.

Dammit Bratz doll is back.  Anybody who stares that much must be on pharmaceuticals.  Well, I guess the same could be said of Rafe's sleepwalking.  If you think that's mean, my governor is droopy eyes Scott Walker.

• Love 4

Why couldn't Abifail just died in the fire. I was ready for a good ol fashion bbq.

annoyed.gif

I wonder though if he'll be involved in the CDC storyline that has been rumored. Maybe he'll snap Abifail's neck in a cloud of smoke and he'll leave like ghost in the night. "If I can't have you no one can."

Snap Snap. Crunch crunch.

A girl can only dream.

16728700.gif

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

You'd think we would have had Failure PTSDing about being necktie killed.  So we'd have that scene over and over and over.

A normal person would be filled with guilt that they had been involved with  a serial killer who destroyed lives but that would mean that dear sweet Abs is actually capable of thinking of other peoples' pain.

• Love 9

The Stefano dying story is already not sitting well with me. I get Hope has been dealing with him ruining her life for a long time now but no flashbacks for it? What about the other people whose lives he played with: John, Marlena, Roman, Sami? And a whole list of others. So Rafe is a part of the cover up now? From him dying with little fanfare during the week to this. I just have a feeling I'm not going to like this.

• Love 6

OMG I just read on Soapcentral that KM is leaving the role of Abby. Is that true?????? Someone please confirm this, cause I will do a cartwheel in traffic if that's true. I also heard that someone gave Dingy Hippie the bucket for Christmas and he kicked it. This is how you bring in 2016.

• Love 4

I wonder if he will haunt Hope or appear as a vision to "help" Andre or reappear to mess with Chad's mind?  With this show you never know!

If Stefano had to die, they should have done an epic murder-mystery.  Line up the suspects (John, Marlena, Roman, Hope, Kate, and all the others that I can't remember).  Make it a real whodunit.  Half the town wanted him dead.

Apparently, the writers changed their mind about letting JM go so Stefano will reappear as a ghost. 

• Love 6

I keep reminding myself that Stefano has "died" a dozen times before but this is different now. Joe Mascolo is 86 years old. Logically, he wouldnt be sticking around that long anyway if his health wasnt holding out and if he's been struggling with lines and stuff its understandable why he would be let go but if they had to kill him this was such a stupid, half ass, way to do it (and dont get me started on this if its true he'll be back as a ghost now. So overdone).

eta: to be honest I'm not sure I buy he will be back as a ghost. Looking at some of the tweets from the cast it feels like they are adding goodbye's to JM on there particular Kristian and Thaao.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 5

I'm pretty tired of Days Ghosts.  I'm on record for hoping they'd use the 50th as an honored send off for Joe M. They did a pretty good whodunit a few years back when Joe disappeared for what, a year?

I'm never tired of anybody being buried alive though.  Even if I can't stop thinking about the poop problem.

• Love 4

eta: to be honest I'm not sure I buy he will be back as a ghost. Looking at some of the tweets from the cast it feels like they are adding goodbye's to JM on there particular Kristian and Thaao.

I've seen the Tweets too, and they do sound like he's gone.  Though possibly he's no longer taping, but filmed a few scenes after the "murder".  In fact, now that I think of it, I believe I saw that Jason47 over on the other board, mentioned Stefano having a few more scenes left to air. So maybe that's the ghost scenes. And maybe we'll get a decent Stefano sendoff with a flashback or two.  And preferably a twist that shows Hope not being a cold-blooded murderer.

• Love 2

If Stefano had to die, they should have done an epic murder-mystery.  Line up the suspects (John, Marlena, Roman, Hope, Kate, and all the others that I can't remember).  Make it a real whodunit.  Half the town wanted him dead.

Unsure if you are snarking, but this is exactly what they did a few years ago.  Heck, everyone even picked up the same gun and pointed it at Steffi.  I don't even recall who was ultimately blamed at the time

Google is my friend:

On June 1, 2012, Stefano DiMera was shot dead from behind after several characters confronted him about his crimes. On August 16, Ian McAllister claimed to have killed Stefano and on August 20, Ian admitted to EJ that he killed Stefano and planned to frame EJ for the murder.

PROMO:  

Honestly, I can already hear Ken Corday wavering on his promise that "everyone dead after summer 2015 is truly dead-dead.".  If Joe Mascolo remains alive/active/alert, he will be back. 

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2

I wasn't snarking. I haven't watched DAYS in many years and had no idea they already did a Whodunit with Stefano. This realization just makes Stefano's latest "death" underwhelming and terribly written. ::sad face::

• Love 9

I wasn't snarking. I haven't watched DAYS in many years and had no idea they already did a Whodunit with Stefano. This realization just makes Stefano's latest "death" underwhelming and terribly written. ::sad face::

Will was actually arrested for it b/c of [insert contrivances] and was only cleared when his hottie first kiss, Neil came forward to say Will was with him at The Spot (the local gay club). Will was cleared of murder and publicly outted in the same day. Sami was actually a good mom for a moment...and Roman was weird about it.

• Love 3

Perhaps I am wrong..Joe Mascolo's parents both lived past 100 years old. He has good genes. Victor's brother is a retcon. His only brother Alexander who was Justin's father was killed in a car accident in Greece. It was part of Justin's backstory when he came on the show. It was why he and Victor had a close bond. They were all that they had in this world. It is why both Victor and Justin both longed for families of their own...

• Love 3

Can I just make up Spoilers to make this more pleasant for us?

THIS FEBRUARY! Abigail reveals she was really born a man!

THIS MARCH! John realizes he has no relatives because he was grown in a laboratory!

THIS APRIL! Rafe dates Belle, Arianna and every other free woman in Salem, only to realize he has no genitalia, and never did!

THIS MAY! Stefano returns to conga his way through the ghost town of Salem, population 1!

THIS JUNE! Tune in for an entire episode set in Murder Park! Dialogue-Free! Actor-Free!

EDIT: I want Stefano to conga, because while I know Joe M has health issues, I'd prefer to think of him as capable of drawing strength from the life force of others and rising again (cough*Abby*cough)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Mhmm. Agreed.

Question is when are we going to start hearing ramblings about him.

Billy's contract is over in April 2016.

I'm sure by next month or around the Emmy red carpet time we might start hearing about him if he's coming or going. If he doesn't come back and he leaves by Nov. Sweeps, I think you go ahead and recast Chad again. Still casting a strong actor who can play opposite next to the strong actress.

Billy is just one of those actors in a dying genre he has so much potential I can't see him being in the genre long. I could be wrong though.

I bet this is why the Belle/Chad/Abifail tri didn't happen and even the Chad brainwashing happened because the producers knew she would be leaving before plot season or whatever other projects KM has going on.

But has it been announced yet that the show is on past Sept. '16???  Did they get a renewal? I have to wonder. Not that I think Abifail leaving will be the 'end of days,' don't get me wrong. On the contrary, if it is the 'end of days' then her constant on screen presence for the last few years is part of what drove many viewers away (myself included.) But not just that, TPTB have propped that girl left and right. Her leaving makes me wonder if she doesn't know something that the viewers do not yet. Otherwise I'm not sure why she'd leave this gig. Can't fathom she'd make it as an actress beyond this show where someone clearly worships her (or sleeps with her).

• Love 3

Victor's younger brother, huh?

And I'm expecting him to be behind the Bo kidnapping.

Me too. Which makes Hope's murder of an "innocent" (I know, I need a better adjective) even more troubling and WTF-worthy.  Can I blame this on Dena Higley?  I watched OLTL when Dena was headwriter.  And it was not good.

• Love 4

Me too. Which makes Hope's murder of an "innocent" (I know, I need a better adjective) even more troubling and WTF-worthy.

That is the plan. I think the writers are planning to weave him into all the Bo kidnapping, the Psych drug and if he knew Stefano. This tends to happen on Days when one threat leaves, a bigger threat enters. Stefano is the red herring yet, who knows, maybe Deimos and Malcolm were also working for him. I do recall Malcolm talking on the phone in Horton Square about wanting to be paid for his services, I guess with holding Bo hostage. Maybe Deimos is the relative who was the black sheep in the Kiriakis clan especially when it came to Victor.

But has it been announced yet that the show is on past Sept. '16??? Did they get a renewal? I have to wonder. Not that I think Abifail leaving will be the 'end of days,' don't get me wrong. On the contrary, if it is the 'end of days' then her constant on screen presence for the last few years is part of what drove many viewers away (myself included.) But not just that, TPTB have propped that girl left and right. Her leaving makes me wonder if she doesn't know something that the viewers do not yet. Otherwise I'm not sure why she'd leave this gig. Can't fathom she'd make it as an actress beyond this show where someone clearly worships her (or sleeps with her).

I'm still going to say it will be renewed. Kate Mansi is not the end all be all of Days of our lives in terms of ratings if she was Days would be killing it in the key demos 18-34 where she and BF should be thriving in since they are "must see couple". This show has survived many of years losing popular actors, she's no exception to the rule.

Also The show had a strong November Sweeps and had a good start ratings wise to open 2016. I think if it's renewed it will get another two years. NBC needs Days to promote their primetime lineups. The longer it stays on air the better for NBC.

I'm still going to say it will be renewed. Kate Mansi is not the end all be all of Days of our lives in terms of ratings if she was Days would be killing it in the key demos 18-34 where she and BF should be thriving in since they are "must see couple". This show has survived many of years losing popular actors, she's no exception to the rule.

Also The show had a strong November Sweeps and had a good start ratings wise to open 2016. I think if it's renewed it will get another two years. NBC needs Days to promote their primetime lineups. The longer it stays on air the better for NBC.

Oh I totally agree that KM leaving would not be apocalyptic to Days by any means. I was just wondering if she already knew that Days was not going to be renewed and hence decided to not renew her contract for that reason. Somehow she strikes me as the type to jump ship and try to swim to a luxury liner, if you catch my drift ;-)  

• Love 4

I'm looking forward to jennifer's storyline -- it will give her something meaty to do, and different from being love-torn, so good for her. I will always have lots of fondness for this character and maybe this new plotline will revive her character for many who disliked/hated the Dan/Jack thing (me among them). And if there's a brief interlude with Jack along the way? Awesome. Oh, and maybe we'll get some scenes with her acting like she's high (book club!) : )

• Love 5

I'm looking forward to jennifer's storyline -- it will give her something meaty to do, and different from being love-torn, so good for her. I will always have lots of fondness for this character and maybe this new plotline will revive her character for many who disliked/hated the Dan/Jack thing (me among them). And if there's a brief interlude with Jack along the way? Awesome. Oh, and maybe we'll get some scenes with her acting like she's high (book club!) : )

I'm scared.

Last time we had a Horton lit off pills she was clocking men upside the head. Higley loves the pill addiction storylines but she makes it into a mockery. I'm worried. Worried I tell ya.

• Love 3