Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I wonder if it isn't Kyle, assuming Clyde didn't really kill him and just pretended to do so in order to terrorize JJ.  It's hard to imagine who else meets the criteria of being 1) a character the show deems expendable and 2) an actor good enough to wow the entire cast.  Michael Cardelle is most definitely talented enough, and sadly I can't see Days keeping him after the drug storyline wraps up.

We know Daniel Cosgrove is no longer there and would give an awesome performance, but I think he was done filming before the killer was revealed to the cast.

I think Greg Vaughan could play a great murderer, but I haven't heard that he's been let go.  Also, it would take a lot to explain Eric going from goody-good priestly man to psycho killer, but a good writer could certainly do it.

And there's Anne, which I'm not even going to go into because I love Anne and her friendship with Theresa and if these writers do anything to screw that up I'll be angry.

Who else is there (besides Stefano, I mean)?  Daphne?  Derrick?  Julie?  Just kidding (sort of).

When I heard Greg Vaughan re-signed, I started liking Eric as the serial killer. Eric became a priest after he witnessed some horror in Africa, in which his mentor was killed. He came back to town with these horrible nightmares. Nicole is the person who helped him through it. Kristen drugged and raped him. The drug left him seriously ill for a time. The rape came back to him in bits and pieces. He leaned on Nicole, who helped him, but then realized it was to her personal advantage not to exonerate him, so she hid evidence. Then his old love, Serena, comes to town. She gets him back into bed only so she can get that effing elephant. Because Serena is in town, Eric's old bud Xander comes to town. Xander tries to kill Nicole and Eric. While they're locked up together, Eric realizes he still loves her and tries to make love to her. When they're freed by Eric's best friend, Daniel, Nicole falls back into Daniel's arms.

I think they're setting Eric up for a good old case of D.I.D.

And no Belle in sight?  Wasn't Martha coming back for a while?

Martha has a toddler, does a soap themed radio show and is working on Winterthorne. She probably isn't up for going on a low-budget fan tour. She is back on the show, has been acting since, I think, May, and still is, so Belle is back for a while. In some Facebook interview (I never did find the Days group she gave the interview to), which was reprinted on the Daytime Royalty forum, Higley said Jason Cook and Martha were Back as Sean and Belle, and they'd be back for a while, but there could be a recast. I can't remember the exact wording, but the consensus on that board seemed to be that Madison was sticking around as Belle, but that Cook was mainly interested in returning for the 50th, so if there was a recast, that recast would likely involve Sean Douglas.

Higley interview: http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=9386897&t=9250425

Edited by General Days
  • Love 1

Fall Previews from SOD:

Bo's return story will be part of the major fall storylines.  Steve will go looking for Bo, which could endanger his attempts at a relationship with Kayla and Joey.

Caroline's neurological disease will worsen, and Victor is desperate to get her help.

Andre DiMera's return will cause large waves that will continue to cause waves through the new year.

Abigail's defense of Chad will cause problems with her and Ben.

Nicole, Theresa and Kate will be competing for taking over Basic Black.

Adrienne is worried that she may carry the breast cancer disease.  Justin wants to be there for her, but she is still drawn to Lucas.

Another spoiler I read said that when Paige dies, Eric offers consolation to Eve, but she turns to Justin instead.

• Love 1
Madison was sticking around as Belle, but that Cook was mainly interested in returning for the 50th, so if there was a recast, that recast would likely involve Sean Douglas.

Oh that stinks. I always adored Jason as Shawn D. Hated the recast last time. I hope Days or the fans convince JC to stay. 

• Love 3
Nicole, Theresa and Kate will be competing for taking over Basic Black.

Can they just work together and kick butt instead? Sort of a Sami/Kate Take 2?

Caroline's neurological disease will worsen, and Victor is desperate to get her help.

:( A true-to-life type story, but one that makes me really sad. How is it in this universe a moron like John can get knocked into a coma and be saved by a miracle serum, but there's no hope for Caroline?

Speaking of John, are there any spoilers regarding his ISA storyline? I'm starting to wonder if all this talk of him rejoining is really just to misdirect us because he'll see the hell the ISA has put Steve and Bo through and instead retire and commit fully to Marlena...

When I heard Greg Vaughan re-signed, I started liking Eric as the serial killer.

If they had done even a slightly better job at showing his emotional arc since coming back and making sense of what's happened to him - or even making it entertaining - then him turning into a murderer might be interesting. But frankly, if it's him I'll be super super bored.

My money is still on Clyde/Ben switching off on it. Heck, Clyde has already killed two characters, right?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

When I heard Greg Vaughan re-signed, I started liking Eric as the serial killer. Eric became a priest after he witnessed some horror in Africa, in which his mentor was killed. He came back to town with these horrible nightmares. Nicole is the person who helped him through it. Kristen drugged and raped him. The drug left him seriously ill for a time. The rape came back to him in bits and pieces. He leaned on Nicole, who helped him, but then realized it was to her personal advantage not to exonerate him, so she hid evidence. Then his old love, Serena, comes to town. She gets him back into bed only so she can get that effing elephant. Because Serena is in town, Eric's old bud Xander comes to town. Xander tries to kill Nicole and Eric. While they're locked up together, Eric realizes he still loves her and tries to make love to her. When they're freed by Eric's best friend, Daniel, Nicole falls back into Daniel's arms.

I am on board with this idea. The killer needs to be someone of import. It. Is never the who gets killed that impacts the characters on the show most in the long term (with the exception of the fake Marlena killings), in fact, the dead are rarely ever mentioned again. It is always the reveal of the killer (Jake Kosicheck, Harper Deveraux, Roman/Tony/Andre, Marlena, etc.) that sends lasting shockwaves through the denizens of Salem. People are hoping/speculating/predicting that the killer(s) will either be Clyde, Ben, or some combination of the two. The problem with that is, where's the surprise, what's the lasting impact, who would care and be shaken. IMO making either or both of these characters the killer would be the ultimate pointless cop-out. An ending like that ruins the whole reason for a who done it. If the show goes there, they might be done creatively before they really get started.

Making Eric the killer opens up the door to so many possibilities. I mean it's not like he doesn't have the genetic code to do it. What with Mardevil being his mom and SocioSamantha as an aunt. Eric has suffered horrendous abuse and his life has been ripped to shreds by the women in his life. I forgot to mention he is named after a family member who was a child molester, that can't have been to great on the ole psyche either. Also as we saw with Sami, the whole, your my daddy, no your my daddy, mommy is dead, mommy is alive, mommy is messing with former daddy, so I got dumped on grandma and grandpa in Colorado is bound to be a source of internal conflict. He seems angry at the world in a different way than Joey is. Eric has seemed delusional since Serena's death, because in the months that I have been back, I never saw this great love and connection that he now seems to believe existed, all I saw was venom and disgust on his part (supports DID). I also think it is interesting that Eric, who usually dresses casually, was seen wearing a tie when he went to see Rafe (subtle visual hint to be used in flashbacks when the pieces eventually begin to fall together.). This storyline could also serve to make people question whether Roman's incompetence is deliberate because in an effort to defend the child he understandably believes (I mean a serial killer on top of Sami the Tasmanian devil daughter) Roman does some things that inadvertantly prolongs the killing spree. As a result, Roman gets forced off of the force and into the Salem background because with Steve and Kayla back, much as was the case the last time around, nobody needs to be forced to remember that JT used to play Kayla's lover and the man who briefly gave Steve a hard time when Steve and Kayla first started vibing. That is beyond skeevy and disgusting.

I could also get on board with Paul being the killer or a victim cause that character/actor just does nothing for me. Also, either would enable viewer to pretend that the relationship we know never happened with John and Paul's mother was never retconned by the writers.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6

I love you Happytobehere, your post are always so insightful and on point...Eric being the killer would be awesome and it would lay to rest the question on why Sami and Eric are so different..People have always complained about Eric's passivity and lack of agency.Whereas Sami has always driven story and caused mayhem..Eric being the killer would be awesome...I hear that the killer will be revealed to us on the anniversary, but the citizens of Salem would be clueless...I think Aiden will die and be assumed to be the killer, while the real killer continues his killing spree...I also think that Bo will die a hero and save Hope......I don't think Peter will continue on the show, I think he came back to give Bo  a proper exit...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I doubt that...According to Galen Gering who plays Rafe, everybody on the show were stunned by the killer....It might be Daniel or Eric...If Will is killed by the serial killer who is Eric..Can you imagine the devastation that would do to the Brady family...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I love your posts as well Apprentice79 they show the connection to the show and characters that reminds people why regardless of its ups and down, Days needs to be saved. All these many years later, I still miss Santa Barbara, Another World, ATWT and OLTL.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 2

I love your posts as well Apprentice79 they show the connection to the show and characters that reminds people why regardless of its ups and down, Days needs to be saved. All these many years later, I still miss Santa Barbara, Another World, ATWT and OLTL.

Thanks! I miss those shows as well....

• Love 1

I wouldn't mind Eric as the murderer, and would love for him to get a new personality.  I've long begged for the writers to give Eric a head injury just for that reason.  But hopefully they won't take the DID route. Both OLTL and GH have ran that trope into the ground for me. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 1

Team Chabby doesn't have long to wait for them to be in cahoots trying to prove his innocence -- sounds a bit Jack and Jennifer to me. 

Nice call, Happy, on pointing out that Eric is wearing a tie....it was quite noticable and I wondered if he'd been to Serena's funeral or something. It's still quite a reach for the former priest to become homicidal, but that twist is also certainly worthy of the actors' reported reaction when they read the script. The way Aiden's character suddenly took a left hand turn, however, leads me in his direction as well. 

Just love a soapy mystery : )

• Love 1

. The way Aiden's character suddenly took a left hand turn, however, leads me in his direction as well. 

Just love a soapy mystery : )

I too thought about Aiden but rejected him for two reasons: 1) Although he is not the obvious suspect like Clyde/Ben. At this point, his role in the show and his place with the characters is just slightly better than theirs. Aside from one or two characters here and there, who would be impacted? 2) Based on the timeline given thus far, Aiden is gone before the killings stop, seemingly ruling him out.

Naturally, now that I am excited about Eric the Killer, Aiden will probably turn out to be the killer and it will be revealed that the showrunners lied about departure dates to mask the killer's identity. Given this probability, I'd say Aiden would be higher up on the scale for being unmasked as the killer than Clyde/Ben for the previously stated reasons. If Aiden is the killer, I suspect that the murders are being staged to cover up the fact that there is a single target -- Hope. His plan would be to kill her for her inheritance (we know the push for a wedding is rooted in his need for money) and he needs her death to be one among a series of seemingly unrelated crimes so he won't be suspect number one. This could explain how all the evidence initially points to Chad. Additionally, if PR's return turns out to be short-lived as is rumored, you can already guess how it will play out. Bo and Steve suspect Aiden, no one believes them for obvious reasons. As Aiden prepares to kill his true target, Bo prevents the attack and he himself is dispatched with, thus paving the way for Hope being paired with Higley's pet, who has been repeatedly shown to be unable to carry a story on his own, without propping by a fan favorite (Sami, Carrie, Kate, etc).

• Love 1

Except, they appear to be making Aiden look nefarious, and yet KDP in the after buzz interview implied a few times, that he was being coerced to be nefarious.  She seemed to be suggesting that he does love Hope, but he is backed into a corner.  

It would be shocking for Eric to be the killer, but I really cannot see it unless it is a DID storyline.

• Love 1

Now that you all have suggested Eric as the killer, I can see it. 

1)  he was the closest to Serena, the first victim

2) morning after her murder he was the one running around in a panic because he couldn't contact her

3) the necktie which I didn't see

However, some spoilers mention Chad being set up for the murders.  Is that just a coincidence.  Does Eric have reason to want to frame Chad?

Unless there are multiple killers and the first murders are Clyde setting up Chad. The 2nd Aiden trying to kill Hope for her money.  And a 3rd, the real serial killer who hasn't struck yet.

Was Aiden's first wife rich?  Is that why she thought he was trying to kill her?

• Love 1

Gabi "happily reunited" with Arianna and Will makes it sound like they're more of a (traditional) family unit than they actually are.

I am really worried they're going to turn Will straight.

Was Aiden's first wife rich?  Is that why she thought he was trying to kill her?

I think his money came from her.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 1

I don't think they'll turn him straight (I don't think any show would be so stupid), but I do think we'll see him, Gabi, and Arianna as a family unit for the time being until they do something with the Sonny situation.

I will go ballistic if they do this. I'd rather they kill him...but I really don't want that to happen, either. He is a legacy character. A ground breaking character. It would be a shame to do either to Will. 
  • Love 3

What if the killer is Chase?  Maybe he really did kill his mommy. Now he will be all grown up and is graduated to serial killer.  I know, crazy.  I just cannot get my head around Eric being the killer.  

• Love 1

I think the chances of them turning Will straight are zero.  DOOL has done some questionable stories before, but that one would be particularly offensive and disrespectful.  Ken Corday simply can't be that stupid.

Eric is not my first choice as the killer, either, though GV could play it.  If he is, I just hope DID is not the explanation.

Maybe it is Ben, and RSW was able to pull off a once-in-a-lifetime performance? 

Or maybe Galen Gering is being extremely generous and gracious in his comments, or is a team player and wants to build up the audiences' expectations, or is easy to please and has low standards for being awed?

• Love 2
However, some spoilers mention Chad being set up for the murders.  Is that just a coincidence.  Does Eric have reason to want to frame Chad?

Well Eric was raped by Chad's sister and got no justice for it and it cost him his holy career. And they Kristin was killed...presumably by Marlena, whom he loves...so who to frame for revenge? Chad.  Hmmm...did Marlena ever tell anyone on-camera about how Stefano kidnapped her and tried to throw her out a window and Chad's call turned the tide? I don't remember seeing any scenes like that, but I might have missed one...

All that said, if Eric has lost it, killing Serena for lying to him makes sense (kinda) and framing Chad is his ultimate goal. But that really doesn't explain Paige's death.

• Love 1

Has Greg Vaughan (Eric) always had that scar on the left side of his chin? Towards the bottom? I couldn't keep my eyes off of  it in the middle of a scene with Roman.  With all the talk about him being the killer on this board, I though maybe Serena got a scratch on him IF he is the killer.

I didn't see the scar, but I did notice he was wearing a tie.  But unless the timeline is really wonky, it would be hard for Eric to have killed Paige since he was at Roman's office. But he was there alone, so he won't have Roman as an alibi. Guess we'll have to see where he is in his next scene?

Killing Paige at the dorm makes it seem more likely that someone would have seen the killer if it is an adult who would not belong there.  Course Eve, Jennifer, Daniel, etc. have all been known to lurk around the campus.  

Could Eve be so crazed and intent on ruining JJ & Jennifer's lives that she would kill her own daughter? She did, afterall, sleep with her boyfriend!  Maybe the tie is a red herring to lead us to believe the killer is male, when it's actually a woman.

Or Daniel... Serena and Paige both knew him, so would not immediately be scared if he showed up. 

Did Paige know Eric? 

Or Ben?  He's a student, at the same university, right?

Part of me wants to stop reading spoilers so I can be surprised at what happens, but the other part wants to read the spoilers so I can have something to look for as I watch.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3

Hey! What about Andre coming back to do Stefano's dirty work by setting Chad up as the killer so he'll come running back to the Dimera family fold? That would be double-take worthy for me if I was an actor reading the script....and we know Thao's coming back. 

Hmmmmm. I think it would be a little cheap to do that - if we're all going down this serial killer road, let's have it be a big juicy reveal instead of bringing someone back from off canvas, who is, incidentally, supposed to be dead himself. See, now i'm talking myself out of this! 

• Love 3

Gabi's home at last? She committed murder (not to mention kidnapping and assisted in blowing up the town) and been in jail for a year! If she's another victim, then good she deserves it. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Okay, I'm rather thrown off by the killer's face clue in this week's spoilers....http://www.dayscafe.com/spoilers-this-week.html

Thoughts everyone?

Rafe?   I watched specifically looking for a "face" and at least twice the camera focused directly on Rafe's face when he was in Paige's shower.  And he did say he saw Chad and Paige arguing, which means he could have followed her back to the dorm. Maybe he's not arresting Chad because he framing him.

• Love 3

Hello, All!  This is my first post in this particular area (for Days, I mean!).  I just read something on another board that suggested that Daniel and Nicole's next plot was going to be a tearjerker.  This led the poster to speculate that Dan is the next one killed by the Strangler.  They further went on to say that one of the writers really wanted Nicole to be a mother, so they speculated that Dan would die shortly after Nicole finds out she is pregnant with his child. (I hope I was allowed to post what I read somewhere else without a link...I didn't think the link would be allowed.)

My question is....how old is Nicole supposed to be, anyway?? I'd put her in her mid-40's, and while not impossible to get pregnant at that age, also not very likely.

I am also clueless as to the identity of the Strangler.

Edited by OhioMom

I think Nicole is in her late thirties.

No way!!!!  (Not calling you a liar, just amazed that she would be that  young!)

(I looked online - she was born in 1974, so that would make her 41 in real life.)

Edited by OhioMom
  • Love 1

MODS - can we make a separate thread for discussion of the identity of the serial killer if/when it is revealed?

A lot of us come on this thread specifically to discuss general spoilers, and would still like to be surprised when the big reveal comes around...

Let's please not spoil the killer's ID for each other when it comes out, okay guys?

Could Eve be so crazed and intent on ruining JJ & Jennifer's lives that she would kill her own daughter? She did, afterall, sleep with her boyfriend!  Maybe the tie is a red herring to lead us to believe the killer is male, when it's actually a woman.

That's...totally awesome and really random and kinda cool. Probably won't happen though, LOL. Too clever.

• Love 2

The killer will be revealed on November 9th on the anniversary, but the citizens of Salem will not know the identity until 2016...

That could (depending on my mood that day) be a good thing, or a pain in the butt to watch! :)

• Love 1

It depends on how the actor playing the killer plays his/her scenes post-reveal. I find these "the audience knows but the characters do not" plots wear fast if the actor starts playing everything so evilly/suspiciously that everybody else looks dumb for not noticing.

• Love 3

The killer will be revealed on November 9th on the anniversary, but the citizens of Salem will not know the identity until 2016...

That's where I'm confused about this week's spoilers that the face will be seen. Should we take that to mean that the killer is someone on screen this week, and thus not someone who hasn't returned yet. 

• Love 1

MODS - can we make a separate thread for discussion of the identity of the serial killer if/when it is revealed?

A lot of us come on this thread specifically to discuss general spoilers, and would still like to be surprised when the big reveal comes around...

Let's please not spoil the killer's ID for each other when it comes out, okay guys?

I've been kinda thinking the same thing. I don't mind reading most spoilers, in fact I've been searching them out, but I think I would like to be surprised when we learn who the killer is.   And even though we won't see the reveal till Nov 9, I'm sure it will leak a few weeks before like everything else does. 

What does everyone else think?  Could we maybe hide the name of the killer in the spoiler tag?   Or are all spoilers fair game.

Was anyone online during the last serial killer storyline on DOOL?  Or another show?  How did sites handle the spoilers then?

• Love 2

I've been kinda thinking the same thing. I don't mind reading most spoilers, in fact I've been searching them out, but I think I would like to be surprised when we learn who the killer is. And even though we won't see the reveal till Nov 9, I'm sure it will leak a few weeks before like everything else does.

What does everyone else think? Could we maybe hide the name of the killer in the spoiler tag? Or are all spoilers fair game.

Was anyone online during the last serial killer storyline on DOOL? Or another show? How did sites handle the spoilers then?

If we hide the name in a spoiler tag can someone tell me how to do this on my phone?

Then I think  folks who feel this way need to stay out of the spoiler thread until the reveal.  Asking all posters to abide by a personal wish is too much to expect. I think a thread for a spoiler for a specific storyline is asking too much of the mods and the posters.  If we keep that info out of current storyline as we should, that's appropriate.     

Spoiler thread for all spoilers, spoilers kept out of current.  And we all take responsibility for seeing what we want and posting where we should.  Otherwise it sounds like we're asking for the board to create itself to suit our own specific wants.

Bad idea.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

Then I think  folks who feel this way need to stay out of the spoiler thread until the reveal.  Asking all posters to abide by a personal wish is too much to expect. 

I think a thread for a spoiler for a specific storyline is asking too much of the mods and the posters.  If we keep that info out of current storyline as we should, that's appropriate.  But asking for a separate thread for one storyline is asking too much of the mods and the posters.    

Spoiler thread for all spoilers, spoilers kept out of current.  And we all take responsibility for seeing what we want and posting where we should.  Otherwise it sounds like we're asking for the board to create itself to suit our own specific wants.

Bad idea.

Yet that isn't fair, either. Some people are fine being spoiled about certain aspects of the show, i.e. "When is Bo returning?" or "Who will be the baby-daddy?" or "When will Kate rediscover her brain when it comes to Clyde?"

I'd suggest a compromise. If the identity of the killer is leaked before the on-show reveal, perhaps those posts could include "killer info" so that those of us who want to be surprised can avoid being spoiled.

Yeah, creating a new thread for a single storyline is overkill (heh), but this is a group that has been able to get along through some really awful things. I'd like to think we can find a way to get through this as well.

• Love 2