Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Production needs to step in and stop Nicole.  NOW.

I'm thinking that in a Muslim country if Azan were to call the cops on Nicole, she'd be transferring her "stardom" to that cable show about people being arrested and jailed abroad.  There are (family) witnesses who have seen her attack him . . . and it's been on TV in the USA.  I doubt they'd let her take her cell phone to jail with her, so at least she wouldn't be able to continue to harass him by phone or on social media.  (Must admit I giggled a bit when thinking about her being given nothing but local - fresh - food; and only in the amounts that the jailers provide.  The Moroccan Prison Diet.)

Even if Azan doesn't want to call the police . . . Production needs to put down their cameras and step in and stop Nicole.  NOW.

She could attempt a modern day Midnight Express.  

I doubt Moroccan prisons serve a much fresh food.  But at least her diet would be restricted and would be a good start to lose weight.  

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

What do the Random capitalizations Mean?

The person is titling those things as a specific entity/place/whatever vs generally speaking. In a way. I'll try to 'splain (as I understand it) below:

Bahtman David is very pathetic, yet he has The Moves to get The Girl and bring her to the US on smoke and mirrors alone.  He's got game...and Chris' $$$. Not a fan of Wife Chris because she's angry and rude about having them in her house.  She needed to talk to Big Spender Rico Suave Chris to get Bahtman and Annie Their Own Place, not living with them in their cool digs.  She had some good advice, but I get the feels from her that she is way down on Rico Suave's List of someone he pays attention to.  Guessing this show is what is keeping Chris in the Bahtman/Annie mix.  Annie knows exactly what she is running away from, and she has no choice but to "believe in The Bahtman".  Hoping she finds some Cool Thai women to lean on when she gets to where she gets to with BD.

Andreiiiii - Dude was chillin' and eaten' and paying those Women No Nevermind.  They lost me when they attacked him without trying to convince him what a Great Idea it would be for Libby to come out with them. (of course the editing made it that way, but that's what we saw).   Making it HIS IDEA that she should Enjoy Her Sisters and Friends on a Regular Basis and at a Bachelorette Party would have been brilliant.  Sadly, they missed an opportunity.  I also got the gist that Libby is not a Mover-Shaker, and is only too happy to be Taken Care Of by Andreiiii.  Her sisters don't have the same view of Libby that we and Andreiii have....

How To Lose A Tenuous Fanbase in Two Easy Episodes -- Louise!  MAN!  You No Good!  Molly!  WAKE UP!  He is Not A Babysitter!  He is going to be Your Husband and you NEED TO TAKE HIM TO WORK WITH YOU TO KEEP HIM BUSY Until he can legally work!  Sheesh!  She is so focussed on HER LIFE, and having him in her bed, that she is not thinking about anyone else but Her Needs.  I hope she gets a wake up call before she gets married....to anyone, not just Louise.

The Moves - The US citizenship/water buffalo/baht/etc
The Girl - Our heroine Annie
Wife Chris - Nikki
Big Spender Rico Suave Chris - Chris
Their Own Place - self explanatory

Women - The Coven
No Nevermind - self explanatory
Great Idea - Vegas is awesome and it is a MUST that we take Libby there for her Bachelorette Party to Enjoy Her Sisters and Friends
Regular Basis - Whenever we want
Mover-Shaker - Libby isn't one; Coven members are
Taken Care of by Andreiiiiii -  Libby's seeming goal

How To Lose A Tenuous Fanbase in Two Easy Episodes - Paying homage to, say, the McConaugheeeeeeey - Hudson movie "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" and/or any number of self-help "how to do/get xyz in x number of steps/days/whatever"
Your Husband - Louise's eventual title if Molly gets her way and he doesn't bolt; of utmost importance to Molly

Did that help? ;-) 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I never once said anything about blaming a victim. Please don’t put words in my mouth 

I didn't put words in your mouth.

What was the point of bringing up Azan choosing to stay after watching Nicole push him and grab at him while screaming at him?

• Love 2

I think we all agree that Nicole is a nasty piece of work and her behavior is abusive by everyone’s standards, Luis is a waste of space, David Poor exhibits alcoholic behavior, David Spain is a stick in the mud who thinks his shit doesn’t stink, Josh is a loser, and Andrei has zero fucks to give.

• Love 16
20 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think we all agree that Nicole is a nasty piece of work and her behavior is abusive by everyone’s standards, Luis is a waste of space, David Poor exhibits alcoholic behavior, David Spain is a stick in the mud who thinks his shit doesn’t stink, Josh is a loser, and Andrei has zero fucks to give.

And Evelyn cannot sing!

• Love 15
On 11/28/2017 at 11:20 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

I remember a couple of seasons back, there was a very ugly scene when Brett's haggardly friend confronted Daya about her intentions. She was so nosy and invasive, and the whole thing was painful to watch, especially because Daya clearly had genuine feelings for Brett! And, grandma came off like a jealous girlfriend for sure. It was very hurtful to Daya and it certainly didn't make her feel welcome, especially on top of Brett's mom's behavior. (Brett's mother actually boycotted the wedding which was outrageous.)

At one point, Daya cried so hard she was hyperventilating. When she said she wanted to go home, she really meant it.

The worst part about it was the Daya really did leave everything behind to be with Brett, and she was missing her family desperately. She could have used a female friend, but what she got from Brett's mom and grandma friend were two enemies.  Sad.

(Unlike Aika and Luis, who keep throwing the going home thing out there like a pawn in some crazy out-of-control chess game.

Fortunately for Daya, Brett regained his footing and his ballsack. In future seasons, he stood by his wife. He should have done it from Day 1, but at least he did the right thing in the end, and I give him credit for that. Theirs was a true love match as opposed to Aika, who would be happy to switch Josh for another dope at this point.

I get that people marry for a lot of reasons, but when the person is so purely mercenary and out for what they can get, it's just difficult to stomach, even when they're "nice."

Fortunately, I'm not the one having to marry Aika. I can just sit on the sidelines and be snarky. What's that called? A gadfly. That's it. I'm good at that.

Josh's friend does need to STFU even though he's right, right as rain. And, Aika is not the least bit hurt by his words because she's not really emotionally invested in any of it. I'm sure she's got a fondness for Josh, but that's quickly fading. His friend is just an obstacle to be fought on her path to a green card and nice things. 

I could be wrong here, but Aika seems more calculating and more motivated by greed, whereas Annie is motivated by desperation.

Annie is not at all calculated. She's just clutching at Bhatman like a drowning man trying to scramble onto a life raft. Hopefully he will float for her.

As for Elizabeth, she's loving the drama! Andrei is picking off the members of her family one by one, fighting her battles, and she couldn't be more pleased. Sitting quietly at that table, her eyes lit up with pleasure, almost brighter than her lips, and surely Andrrrrei got a blowjob that night.  I do agree with those who have said that he doesn't really know who he is marrying. However, theirs does seem to be a genuine love match and I wish them well.

Oh my lol--I wonder if we were watching the same show...Daya got off that plane and the first thing out of her mouth was a complaint about the type of flowers be brought her and a complaint about the ring...certainly gave a bad impression....Brett is another one who took a huge chance flying a stranger in from another country and immediately having her babysit his daughter...I ended up liking them very much as a couple but she was a strange one at first. Glad it worked out though.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

ha ha, I was going to say that I could imagine her complaining that everything they gave her to eat was GREEN! 

"um, do you have like, chicken nuggets instead? i'm not a vegetable eating kind of girl. I'm from America, where we eat chicken nuggets."

oh god i could snark on just this topic alone all.day.long.  i'm going to console my dog who is still freaked out about evelyn's singing.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

I didn't put words in your mouth.

What was the point of bringing up Azan choosing to stay after watching Nicole push him and grab at him while screaming at him?

You did when you said I blamed a victim for being abused-where did I say that? I said Azan is not trapped in his situation, he is not tied to Nicole emotionally, financially or through children and his desire for a green card is a want not a need. 

• Love 4
On 11/29/2017 at 8:23 AM, TwirlyGirly said:

What I find interesting is this mindset often (but not always) goes hand-in-hand with the belief women are responsible for keeping men's sexual urges in check. Women are to dress "modestly," and be guarded in their demeanor around men, lest men be "tempted," causing them to lust after them - or worse! - which is a sin.

I find it curious why one (not saying you, @Lily247 ) would think someone who may be so easily led astray by the mere sight of a busom or thigh, to the point they lose control of their thoughts or actions, is qualified to lead or take charge of anything?

To put it another way: why are men, who women are told can't control themselves, automatically granted unilateral control over their family?

Thats an interesting tangent, but is actually quite off-topic from the viewpoints I was sharing. 

On that, I will speak for me, the only reason I typically dress fairly modestly when going to work, hanging out in groups, etc is because I'd rather have people listen to what I have to say than stare at my cleavage or booty shorts - this applies to both men and women (as in, both tend to stare). Children do it too. I think this is a common viewpoint, as teachers usually have modest dress codes as do most professionals...

If I am on the beach or at the pool, I wear a bikini. My husband doesnt care either way, but if he did express to me that he did not want me to wear very revealing clothes in certain settings where it wouldnt be considered appropriate,, I would listen and respect that. 

• Love 3

Gee, @Lily247 . . . could you give lessons to women on network and local news stations?  I find what they're wearing (or NOT wearing) is so distracting that I barely pay attention to what they're saying.  My thoughts run to:

• Pretty dress . . . too bad they didn't have it 2 sizes bigger so she could breathe.
  • Wow, (insert name of local weather person here) must have a hot date at a club right after the show, with no time to change beforehand.
  • Wow, (insert name local news morning personality) must have been out all night at a club, with no time to change afterward.
  • Hmmm . . . I sure hope that tiny little skirt is glued to her thighs, or we may need to break into a chorus of "I see London, I see France" any minute now.
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Oh my lol--I wonder if we were watching the same show...Daya got off that plane and the first thing out of her mouth was a complaint about the type of flowers be brought her and a complaint about the ring...certainly gave a bad impression....Brett is another one who took a huge chance flying a stranger in from another country and immediately having her babysit his daughter...I ended up liking them very much as a couple but she was a strange one at first. Glad it worked out though.

You make an excellent point about Brett leaving Daya alone with his daughter. That shouldn't have happened until he spent more F2F time with Daya.

Daya did come across as somewhat mercenary at first although unlike Aika, she did have her heart involved. (She even joked about being a "crybaby" on the tell-all because she cared.)

I think to her, the ring and the flowers were important symbols and indicators of how she thought Brett was going to treat her. She was scared, too, coming all the way across the world to live with a virtual stranger.

My mother had a really good friend from Vietnam, and when I got engaged to my ex-husband, who probably took a page or two out of Josh's manual (I was very young), my mom's friend said to her, "Such a small diamond, and it has a flaw. He doesn't care about her. She should give the ring back."  

When she saw the ring from my second husband (to whom I'm still married), she said, right in front of me, "What a gorgeous ring. He really loves you! Keep this one!" Yes, she was blunt, but she had one of the most loving hearts of any woman I have ever known. (I didn't go "ring shopping." In both cases I was surprised, the second time things worked out much better all the way around.)

(Obviously, men with great love in their hearts give small rocks or no rocks, and cold cruel men can give big diamonds. My mom's friend was probably commenting on other things that she had seen.)

That first ring from the shady ex was eventually repossessed off my finger. We kept getting calls from the jewelry store and I naively went to take care of it, not realizing he hadn't made any of the small payments, I didn't have enough money in my bank account from my small salary to take care of it myself at the time. I was very young. He was in his late twenties.

Of course, the same arguments about Daya could be used to soften Aika's edges, no doubt she is afraid, but we're nearly to the end of the season and we haven't seen much of anything in the way of emotion involved other than disappointment in Josh (understandable), and anger that his dumbass friend crossed her on her turf.

That being said, perhaps if Josh wasn't such a dickhead, Aika might have been a completely loving wife and things would have been, to borrow one from Mo, "acceptable."

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

You did when you said I blamed a victim for being abused-where did I say that? I said Azan is not trapped in his situation, he is not tied to Nicole emotionally, financially or through children and his desire for a green card is a want not a need. 

So what's the relevance of Azan not being trapped in a conversation where Nicole is physically abusive towards him repeatedly?

Because again, as long as Nicole has something he believes he needs, or that improves his life or his family's life, she's able to manipulate and push and grab.

Everyone has their reasons for staying. I doubt very much people would be dismissive of a woman in an abusive situation because she chooses to stay. Like I said before, outside of physical captivity, anyone can leave an abusive relationship. Children, money and emotions don't make leaving impossible.

You don't have to say the words, "victim blaming" to express the sentiment.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Imagine her poor cellmate. *shudders*

'I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S IN THAT MUSH BUT YOU'RE GIVING ME YOUR SHARE OF IT NOW!'

It would be a cruel transformation, but Nicole would come out of Moroccan jail thinner, more disciplined, and ready to tackle life in Florida sans Azan.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

It would be a cruel transformation, but Nicole would come out of Moroccan jail thinner, more disciplined, and ready to tackle life in Florida sans Azan.

Either that, or she would disappear in the jail system and never be heard from again.  I'm not thinking Moroccan jailers would put up with her for very long before dropping her off in the middle of the desert, surrounded by sand hills to climb up to find her way out.

• Love 11
On 12/1/2017 at 6:50 AM, AZChristian said:

Production needs to step in and stop Nicole.  NOW.

I'm thinking that in a Muslim country if Azan were to call the cops on Nicole, she'd be transferring her "stardom" to that cable show about people being arrested and jailed abroad.  There are (family) witnesses who have seen her attack him . . . and it's been on TV in the USA.  I doubt they'd let her take her cell phone to jail with her, so at least she wouldn't be able to continue to harass him by phone or on social media.  (Must admit I giggled a bit when thinking about her being given nothing but local - fresh - food; and only in the amounts that the jailers provide.  The Moroccan Prison Diet.)

Even if Azan doesn't want to call the police . . . Production needs to put down their cameras and step in and stop Nicole.  NOW.

You do understand that they are NOT in the US, right?  Google Morocco and domestic violence laws and you will realize that calling the police means nothing 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

IIRC, Brett didn't get even a fraction as much condemnation for having Daya babysit as Molly does.

18 hours ago, Stripper Glitter said:

Sometimes you just don't know what you're signing up for...

Isn't this his 2nd season/contract?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

IIRC, Brett didn't get even a fraction as much condemnation for having Daya babysit as Molly does

The situation with Daya was that she was a female left in charge of Brett’s daughter, whereas Molly left Luis in charge of her youngest daughter. No one looks askance at a female caregiver for a female child.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And IMO that's a huge mistake. Women caregivers can abuse too. I get so sick of double standards and hypocrisy.

You are right. I was going to say that, but my tablet locked up and I got distracted elsewhere after it rebooted. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

The situation with Daya was that she was a female left in charge of Brett’s daughter, whereas Molly left Luis in charge of her youngest daughter. No one looks askance at a female caregiver for a female child.

honestly you can split hairs all day long, a stranger from another country in your home with your minor kids--man, woman, alien--crazy and short sighted. As a parent, i dont want any strangers in my home with my child. but thats just me.

7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

IIRC, Brett didn't get even a fraction as much condemnation for having Daya babysit as Molly does.

Isn't this his 2nd season/contract?

yep, and Melanie brought a stranger into her house with a young boy--yes it worked out ok but these folks are all crazy!

• Love 3
On 11/30/2017 at 9:29 AM, Gigglepuff said:

This is the second time we've seen Nicole get physically aggressive with Azan. Not a good pattern and totally inexcusable. I'm not going to guess as to how afraid Azan was and that doesn't really matter. Nicole has a temper and acts out physically. She can't control her emotions and resorts to violence. 

I am wondering how much she lets go once the cameras are gone.  She is a big bully and uses her girth to get her way.

• Love 4

I think that we all were appalled (if I may speak for some of you here) that she just left her kid with strangers to bully Azan.  How crazy is that?  Her family begged her not to take the kid and she did, anyway.  What a bitch.  Run, Azan, run.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Tress said:

I think that we all were appalled (if I may speak for some of you here) that she just left her kid with strangers to bully Azan.  How crazy is that?  Her family begged her not to take the kid and she did, anyway.  What a bitch.  Run, Azan, run.

At this point, I am kind of trusting May with Azan's family and the camera crew more than with Nicole. 

• Love 18
18 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think that statistically, the chances are lower of the child being sexually abused by another woman. But there is still physical abuse to consider. 

And it is a double standard! Strangers are strangers. 

I said that Annie was desperate, but we don't know about Aika. Maybe I'm just overcome by Aika like, but I really do like her, and she could in her own way be desperate, too. She is wise to be irritated with Josh and not to get attached to him. Let him be the stepping stone that he is to a better life. He's after all using her, too. I hope Aika does well in this country, and I hope she gets to have a child. And, at 36, she needs to start YESTERDAY! Go to a sperm bank if necessary.

10 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am wondering how much she lets go once the cameras are gone.  She is a big bully and uses her girth to get her way.

That she does. There was a scene where she was blocking the door and standing a step or two above poor Azan who was eye level to her rack, and he could not have been more repulsed. She was Ursula the sea monster on land to him. And she just had this smug look on her face as she demanded that he talk to her. She's used to throwing her weight around and she knows what to do with that big body of hers. She's had practice intimidating other humans.

Ursula the sand monster.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
Aika like
  • Love 7
On 12/2/2017 at 8:56 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

You make an excellent point about Brett leaving Daya alone with his daughter. That shouldn't have happened until he spent more F2F time with Daya.

Daya did come across as somewhat mercenary at first although unlike Aika, she did have her heart involved. (She even joked about being a "crybaby" on the tell-all because she cared.)

I think to her, the ring and the flowers were important symbols and indicators of how she thought Brett was going to treat her. She was scared, too, coming all the way across the world to live with a virtual stranger.

My mother had a really good friend from Vietnam, and when I got engaged to my ex-husband, who probably took a page or two out of Josh's manual (I was very young), my mom's friend said to her, "Such a small diamond, and it has a flaw. He doesn't care about her. She should give the ring back."  

When she saw the ring from my second husband (to whom I'm still married), she said, right in front of me, "What a gorgeous ring. He really loves you! Keep this one!" Yes, she was blunt, but she had one of the most loving hearts of any woman I have ever known. (I didn't go "ring shopping." In both cases I was surprised, the second time things worked out much better all the way around.)

(Obviously, men with great love in their hearts give small rocks or no rocks, and cold cruel men can give big diamonds. My mom's friend was probably commenting on other things that she had seen.)

That first ring from the shady ex was eventually repossessed off my finger. We kept getting calls from the jewelry store and I naively went to take care of it, not realizing he hadn't made any of the small payments, I didn't have enough money in my bank account from my small salary to take care of it myself at the time. I was very young. He was in his late twenties.

Of course, the same arguments about Daya could be used to soften Aika's edges, no doubt she is afraid, but we're nearly to the end of the season and we haven't seen much of anything in the way of emotion involved other than disappointment in Josh (understandable), and anger that his dumbass friend crossed her on her turf.

That being said, perhaps if Josh wasn't such a dickhead, Aika might have been a completely loving wife and things would have been, to borrow one from Mo, "acceptable."

Well I’ll say this- lol! I got a really bad ring for my engagement , so bad that when it was stolen i didn’t shed many tears- on my 10 th anniversary i got an eternity band. We will celebrate our 35th Ann in July , and i got a ring he bought with another girl in mind . Just sayin!!

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

We kept getting calls from the jewelry store and I naively went to take care of it, not realizing he hadn't made any of the small payments, I didn't have enough money in my bank account from my small salary to take care of it myself at the time.

Resale for diamonds is almost nothing...you didn't miss out by returning it.

• Love 2
On 12/2/2017 at 1:02 AM, Lily247 said:

On that, I will speak for me, the only reason I typically dress fairly modestly when going to work, hanging out in groups, etc is because I'd rather have people listen to what I have to say than stare at my cleavage or booty shorts - this applies to both men and women (as in, both tend to stare). Children do it too. I think this is a common viewpoint, as teachers usually have modest dress codes as do most professionals...

Interesting point.  My cousin in the UK works with a female Muslim physician who is covered head to toe, including almost over her hands (not burka though).  He discussed this with her and was told that she likes to dress this way because then she is listened to for herself, not for how she looks.  The way we dress is a form of communication and self expression.  

18 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

As a parent, i dont want any strangers in my home with my child. but thats just me.

Not just you.  

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I'm very late to this party, so my apologies if this has been covered, but why is Annie getting a sobriety commitment only until the wedding? David has a serious drinking problem and it won't get all better after he says "I do".

I was wondering that myself. She makes it sound like she's okay with him being an alcoholic, but only after the wedding.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Interesting point.  My cousin in the UK works with a female Muslim physician who is covered head to toe, including almost over her hands (not burka though).  He discussed this with her and was told that she likes to dress this way because then she is listened to for herself, not for how she looks.  The way we dress is a form of communication and self expression.  

Not just you.  

ok..just seems like everyone crows about how great brett and daya are and melanie and devar and they were amongst the most irresponsible!! I just cant get past that. So you can imagne why i just camt watch Molly and Luis!!! <shudder>. and whats her face having May call Azan daddy?? the worst!!!!

Edited by nlkm9

Elizabeths family is highly controlling. The Dad is mostly upset he wasn't asked for her hand in marriage & he wasn't considered first, its really the only thing he cares about when it comes to his daughter. He isn't really even thinking about his daughter. The sisters trying to get her to lie and also want her to as they want her to do. She needs to get some counseling and slowly get away from her families influence. 

• Love 22