Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

See, I don't see it this way at all.  In her talking heads there's a lot of "Azan needs to work on things before he comes to the US..." and she accepts no responsibility for her laziness, her lack of interest in her health, or anything else.  And when he brings up her need to eat better or exercise, her only response is "it's harrrddd."  And I laughed when he commented how it was harder to parent than he realized and she said, "Imagine working at the same time!"  - which is a joke. She has mom to help with May and works part-time.

• Love 11

I think the firehouse lends itself well to the minimalist look. A few select pieces, either vingtage or modern, would work well. Some paint to even out the rooms. Wow. I like it a lot and would suggest redoing the cabinets plus putting in larger windows. I don't do quaint.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BunchOMalarkey said:

This episode actually made me feel sympathy toward Evelyn and Nicole.

Even if David is uncomfortable, he should try to meet Evelyn halfway and not forbid her to talk to others about sex. That is too controlling and makes him seem really insecure. I don't have high hopes for the honeymoon.

When Nicole and Azlan had their discussion it was all about what she needs to fix, what she needs to do differently but Azlan isn't blameless. He could change things too. He could be more supportive about her health issues, not equate everything to laziness, and try to be encouraging instead of judgmental. He's so contemptuous of her and while she is far from perfect, she is trying. Yes, she has some Ugly American ways that need to be worked on. And she is spoiled, a bad mother, and needs to take responsibility for herself. But she shouldn't shoulder all the blame in this relationship.

As far as Molly: I just think her beau is used to kids being less coddled. I imagine in DR that Kinsley would have cleaned up after herself or at the very least the mother not make such a big deal out of it. Also, considering the way people here commented on his pushing her on the swing from the front, I'm sure if he had helped he would have gotten grief for wiping at her dress considering where the ice cream spilled. 

I like Andrei. I hope he doesn't turn out to be horrible. I like that he wants to work right away. How much have they saved to be able to afford that wedding? Still looks pricy. 

I agree with others that he probably does not want to discuss his inexperience or future intimacy on national television. And if it was the other way around and he was trying to force her to have so public a discussion there would be outrage.

Nicole is lazy as fuck. She is overweight because she is so lazy and also eats crap and eschews vegetables and other healthy things. She's longing for him to make love to her but won't try to do anything to make herself more attractive to him as many other women would, including thin ones. When he finally gets her to the gym, he seems quite patient and doesn't expect her to transform into a major athlete but to just try, She's so big and he's so small, good luck getting to the goodies.

Molly's beau doesn't like her children because they don't like him. Kinsley seemed to like him and was quite nice until he started that "I'm gonna be your daddy" bullshit. That's when she shut it down. Plus, he's a skeeve and doesn't want to be a step-parent. He just wants to party and fuck.

I like Andrei, too, and hope he doesn't turn out to be horrible. Maybe he'd be less controlling with a more sensible girl?

That firehouse poor Annie has been condemned to is horrible. It has no character, no cool details, and she better pray that Poor David Pour doesn't break his neck on that staircase!

22 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

IMG_0593.thumb.JPG.5cd9bff0f5d0fc3b3dd84376914127ea.JPG

IMG_0594.thumb.JPG.0c9bef56b756984a545c01c9534ccc60.JPG

Here are some looks at the one here. It is being used as an AirBnB 

IMG_0595.thumb.JPG.a03e8befc2abdb1176988318c0dde360.JPG

IMG_0596.thumb.JPG.e96025e806c3684120f0f63f5d10a69d.JPG

IMG_0597.thumb.JPG.704bfd51ae3bad74c035979336c9300b.JPG

This firehouse is very, very nice. The David Poor firehouse is not.

• Love 4

To me, the most interesting thing about the Evelyn/David No Sex Talk scene was that she literally is gobsmacked when someone shuts her down. I honestly dont think anyone has ever done that to her, ever. SHE is the one who shuts down people with her shitty, biting comments delivered with her saintly 'go fuck yourself' smile plastered onto her fake ass face, which we've seen her do to both her alleged BFF and to her fiance - at least she's an Equal Opportunity Bitch. She's getting what she deserves if you ask me. She thought she'd do something magnanimous and allow a foreigner - from a dynamic and fascinating country/culture - to grace her backwater hick town because, yanno, 'Murica #1!' But she didn't count on someone who loves their own country and culture and doesn't view 'Murica' as the be all, end all. And she never counted on someone standing up to her sanctimonious, I'm Always Right bullshit. So to me, that No Sex Talk scene was fascinating because you can see how unnerved she is when someone turns the tables on her and walks away and shuts her smug ass down. I have zero sympathy for these people...They're all stupid and shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

@politichick  I was just trying to show that they can be nice. 

I don' think anyone was suggesting that they cannot but the one on the show doesn' appear to worth saving and was as "vintage" as that horrid kitchen Evelyn cooed over. All firehouse and warehouses are not created equal or worth remodelling. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Normades said:

You certainly give Chris more credit than I do.  I think he and Nicki are better looking and better at hiding their sleazy ways, but I believe they are both every bit as sleazy as David Pour, maybe even more so.  There is some underlying factor that led us to this point and my radar says it aint pretty.  Also, in my opinion, Chris asking Annie for a massage is a sign toward thinking he could have some skanks on the side.  Affording a hotel isn't a factor if you're cheating.  You don't want those pesky hotel receipts popping up, which makes the firehouse a perfect place to hook up.  This way he can say he was "checking his property," while he's really getting busy.

I think Nicki is a stealth bitch.  Her whole girls night out was designed to rub Annie's nose in what she would never have and fish for information.  Too bad the information she caught wasn't to her liking.  She is not Annie's friend.  When people are attractive, they can get away with things.  I think this is the case for both Nicki and Chris.  They have pretty (well, Nicki does) packages, but underneath there's some serious nastiness.  They are no better than David Pour and Annie.

I agree. I think Nikki is just as much of an opportunist and gold digger as Annie is. She's in a nicer package. But Jesus, look at Chris. He is a sleaze ball. What would a woman like Nikki see in him? These creeps all deserve each other. 

• Love 8

Can I play devil's advocate for a sec? Have you ever tried to talk to a man about something really important to you that you feel in your heart and he just shuts down or walks away and the issue never gets resolved? It's fine for him to say "do this" or "do that" or "you're fat and lazy", but if you dare get your feelings hurt by his words or his lack of communication or affection, then you're just a big fat shrew? It can be very frustrating to the point of driving a woman insane.

I don't particularly like Nicole but I don't think Azan is a good boyfriend to her. It's not like he's trying so hard to make her happy. He knows he doesn't have to do anything because Nicole is so thankful to have him. He thinks he's god's gift to Nicole. I don't see why there's so much sympathy for him. He treats her like shit. Life isn't all about Azan and what Azan wants. There's another human being in this "relationship" named Nicole who Azan chose, so it's his responsibility to talk to her and deal with her as if he gives a fuck. We all know he doesn't give a fuck but then he should leave her alone and stop shoplifting the pooty from a single mom. She obviously isn't ready for a relationship until she matures some more, so he either needs to step up and be a decent boyfriend and talk to her or let her go. Nicole deserves real love in a relationship just like everyone else.  Azan needs to stop messing with her  and using her because she actually does really love him and she actually is attracted to him and her family will be paying for him to eat when he gets to the states. Azan is just a really shitty person who is using a woman who has a child and making life harder for her than it already is. I don't feel bad for him.

And btw, May doesn't seem scared of Nicole or malnourished. Nicole seems to love her child. Maybe she's not a super mom but she loves on May and cares for her. May is bathed and fed and hugged. Nicole is probably highly depressed and lonely. I don't think it's fair to say she's a bad mom because of that.

Bottom line is that Nicole is really dumb and desperate and Azan knows that and is taking advantage of her. But somehow Azan is the good guy in this scenario? His IQ is probably double hers. He knows exactly what he's doing and the right thing to do would be to let Nicole go so she can find someone that would actually care about her feelings. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

To me, the most interesting thing about the Evelyn/David No Sex Talk scene was that she literally is gobsmacked when someone shuts her down. I honestly dont think anyone has ever done that to her, ever. SHE is the one who shuts down people with her shitty, biting comments delivered with her saintly 'go fuck yourself' smile plastered onto her fake ass face, which we've seen her do to both her alleged BFF and to her fiance - at least she's an Equal Opportunity Bitch. She's getting what she deserves if you ask me. She thought she'd do something magnanimous and allow a foreigner - from a dynamic and fascinating country/culture - to grace her backwater hick town because, yanno, 'Murica #1!' But she didn't count on someone who loves their own country and culture and doesn't view 'Murica' as the be all, end all. And she never counted on someone standing up to her sanctimonious, I'm Always Right bullshit. So to me, that No Sex Talk scene was fascinating because you can see how unnerved she is when someone turns the tables on her and walks away and shuts her smug ass down. I have zero sympathy for these people...They're all stupid and shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

I agree on a lot of that but also they signed up for this show and sex is a natural part of a relationship and they both volunteered about their virginity. 

Maybe it is my non-religious big city view of sex but this stuff that should be more than covered in high school with peers, I went to a Christian school freshmen year and even though it was abstinence only male and female anatomy and the mechanics of sex were more than covered. I don't remember if they covered condoms or birth control or not, I suspect not but I do remember the guy that taught us to it making a point that this was a no-hold bars discussion and some of the guys testing it and he was open about his sex life with his wife. I mean not Penthouse level stuff but a very frank yes I have sex with my wife regularly, she enjoys it, I'm normally on top, etc.

I don't see any indication she was wanting to talk about if she was going to swallow or anything like that, she appears to be wanting to talk like middle school level sex education.

• Love 5

Is there something wrong with me because I kind of like the space above the fire department. Probably because I romanticize the idea of living there with someone you're in love with. Oh yeah, Annie doesn't love David. I'm sorry but I laughed when he could barely make it down the stairs and Annie was like, "Be careful. I don't even know where the hospital is." I know things weren't ideal, but she had a bad attitude. Like, you should have known what you were getting into with him. Maybe you shouldn't have gotten so used to the glamorous life in LA. Why does she act like she deserves to live that kind of lifestyle? 

Elizabeth's family needs to butt out of her relationship. I know that love doesn't pay the bills, but he's putting too much emphasis on the materialistic side of things. Nice house, driving a Mercedes... Whatever.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree. I think Nikki is just as much of an opportunist and gold digger as Annie is. She's in a nicer package. But Jesus, look at Chris. He is a sleaze ball. What would a woman like Nikki see in him? These creeps all deserve each other. 

And let's not forget Nikki said that, without a doubt, she would have slapped  Tobo. Is it ok for Nikki to slap or for her to say it's ok for Annie to slap or hit but if Nicole pushes Azan, everybody flips shit? There shouldn't be a double standard for Nikki just because she's smarter and prettier than Nicole. She still shouldn't get physical or encourage that behavior. But everybody is silent about that statement. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

And let's not forget Nikki said that, without a doubt, she would have slapped  Tobo. Is it ok for Nikki to slap or for her to say it's ok for Annie to slap or hit but if Nicole pushes Azan, everybody flips shit? There shouldn't be a double standard for Nikki just because she's smarter and prettier than Nicole. She still shouldn't get physical or encourage that behavior. But everybody is silent about that statement. 

It' not a double standard because what she said not withstanding she didn't actually slap him. Wanting to slap or push someone and actually doing it are very different things.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It' not a double standard because what she said not withstanding she didn't actually slap him. Wanting to slap or push someone and actually doing it are very different things.

It's still abusive language and she said she'd do it. What if Andrei said that? Everybody would be convinced that he's an abuser. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

It's still abusive language and she said she'd do it. What if Andrei said that? Everybody would be convinced that he's an abuser. 

If it was the same context that Nikki said it I would not call him abusive.

• Love 4

I told my boyfriend that if Nicole wasnt fat, he wouldn’t be treating her as badly as he is, if at all. He’s using the excuse of her cheating on him because was she really cheating?

Someone please refresh my memory. I can’t remember clearly.

I recall last season that she said she cheated but it wasnt it before they got together?

Did she really cheat this time too? Didnt she just go out with a friend?

What is Azans  definition of of cheating?..

This whole relationship is pathetic

Edited by Bubbles1967
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, kewpiedolls said:

Is there something wrong with me because I kind of like the space above the fire department. Probably because I romanticize the idea of living there with someone you're in love with.

Our first little love nest 53 years ago was a tiny, tiny furnished apartment over a single-car garage.  The bedroom was barely big enough for a double bed and dresser.  We thought it was a palace, because we had just gotten married and were together.  We'd have thought the firehouse was way beyond anything we'd ever dreamed.  

• Love 8

I guess that there are folks here who don't like Nikki?  I'm confused.  

I have no clue if she is or isn't a gold-digger, I don't know what Chris was like when they first met.  However, Annie and David Pour are a different story.  Annie doesn't seem in love with him and he doesn't have a pot to piss in, so I can only speculate that Annie's here for the green card.

Maybe if Nicole were slimmer Azan might treat her better, but life isn't fair like that.  When I was heavy, I was treated one way and when I was thin I was treated a different way.  It's not fair and it does suck.   Looks-ism does exist.  

Sometimes I wonder why "gold-digger" has such a negative connotation; sometimes I think poverty is romanticized more than it should be.  There's nothing beautiful about a person not having enough to eat, or adequate shelter or health care.  Maybe both Annie and Nikki are gold-diggers, but so what?  They're trying to get the best in life and sadly, like they say, "money makes the world go around."  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8

I thought it was wonderful that Nikki put her foot down and threw Dave's sorry ass out.  If she would have done it sooner when Chris was giving all that money to Dave, Annie poor wouldn't be in this mess with sad sack Dave. Maybe he sponsored her because he felt guilty?

• Love 4

I'm wondering if David Spain suffered sexual molestation as a kid.  That reaction was off the charts odd.

56 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe if Nicole were slimmer Azan might treat her better, but life isn't fair like that.  When I was heavy, I was treated one way and when I was thin I was treated a different way.  It's not fair and it does suck.   Looks-ism does exist.  

Same here.  The thinner I am, the nicer I am treated.  

But it works both ways:  the hotter guy with the better physique is more likely to get my attention and niceness!  We all want pretty things to look at and are probably not aware how much we treat others who are more attractive.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Nicole deserves real love in a relationship just like everyone else.

I've been rolling this around in my head for a few days now afraid of sounding almost cruel but does Nicole deserve real love in a romantic relationship? I mean the kind of love that most of us hopefully have in ours? She is not attractive, she is dumb as bricks, like I'm pretty sure bordering on mentally disabled, she is immature and given her low intelligence that is likely a permanent situation and to top it off she has a horrible manipulative personality bordering on abusive (Well, actually abusive but I don't know if that is out of malice or from being dumber than a rock). And on top of all of that she comes with a child who she appears not to be capable of handling on her own that may be special needs.

I'm sorry, but what is she going to contribute to a relationship? I've mentioned this before in other threads and I don't want to sound too cold about relationships, I love my partner dearly, but relationships are always a little transactional in nature, as people we all have our own strengths, weaknesses and flaws, the goal is to find someone that compliments you, a teammate, a person that means that both of you are better people because you are together. I'm sorry but I don't see what Nicole would bring to the table in any relationship, honestly maybe the best she can do is find someone willing to put in the time and go through the motions knowing that there is US citizenship at the end.

• Love 13
On 12/5/2017 at 4:12 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

Mother Evelyn reminds me of someone, but I can't think of who it is.  I am pretty sure it is an actress.  She looks and talks just a like a classic TV mom.  

Has anyone been able to confirm whether Josh does or does not have any top teeth?  I have never seen the teeth or the gap where they should be.  

She reminds me of Ana Gasteyer

Ana-Gasteyer-700.jpg

• Love 4

Everyone deserves love in a relationship. NOWHERE, I totally agree with your post above. Azan does not "deserve " a way into the US by conning a young woman with a child. He can find another way in, if he so desires. There are many refugees and others who have been waiting years, and deserve it more, IMO. He is sick for manipulating this woman with a young child.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, John M said:

I've been rolling this around in my head for a few days now afraid of sounding almost cruel but does Nicole deserve real love in a romantic relationship? I mean the kind of love that most of us hopefully have in ours? She is not attractive, she is dumb as bricks, like I'm pretty sure bordering on mentally disabled, she is immature and given her low intelligence that is likely a permanent situation and to top it off she has a horrible manipulative personality bordering on abusive (Well, actually abusive but I don't know if that is out of malice or from being dumber than a rock). And on top of all of that she comes with a child who she appears not to be capable of handling on her own that may be special needs.

I'm sorry, but what is she going to contribute to a relationship? I've mentioned this before in other threads and I don't want to sound too cold about relationships, I love my partner dearly, but relationships are always a little transactional in nature, as people we all have our own strengths, weaknesses and flaws, the goal is to find someone that compliments you, a teammate, a person that means that both of you are better people because you are together. I'm sorry but I don't see what Nicole would bring to the table in any relationship, honestly maybe the best she can do is find someone willing to put in the time and go through the motions knowing that there is US citizenship at the end.

Agreed.

When Nicole wants to "talk" I think what that really means is, "I want you to have sex with me."  Azan knows it and that's why he avoids it.  She bullies her way to get Azan's attention.  And to review, if she DID really cheat on him, why even mention it?  They are in two continents.  I don't believe it was a way of clearing her conscience.  She told him with the purpose of conveying:  (1) even though I'm a big girl, I can still score; (2) pay attention to me because if not I'll cheat.  I don't think Azan gives two fucks if she cheated, but he can use that as a way to keep her at arm's length.

This is a person who is too emotionally stunted to (1) have a kid, and (2) have a real relationship.  Does she deserve love?  Well, I'd like to think everyone does.  But she needs to love herself and get some major therapy to find out why she is so self-destructive.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Nicole deserves real love in a relationship just like everyone else.

Does she?  Is a relationship a right or a privilege?  Does Nicole even want a real relationship?  Or does she want someone to just do her bidding; does she want a relationship like the one Molly seems to have with Luis?

Everyone might want a relationship, but I don't know if everyone deserves one.  If you're incapable of kindness, empathy, or unable to work out problems with others, I don't know if you "deserve" a romantic relationship.

To have a healthy relationship, both partners need to be adults and I just don't see Nicole as an adult.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Everyone deserves love in a relationship. NOWHERE, I totally agree with your post above. Azan does not "deserve " a way into the US by conning a young woman with a child. He can find another way in, if he so desires. There are many refugees and others who have been waiting years, and deserve it more, IMO. He is sick for manipulating this woman with a young child.

OK, let me rephrase, I don't think Nicole deserves an adult romantic relationship, I don't think she has anything to contribute to one and I seriously doubt she ever will. I'm saying that maybe a guy taking care of her emotionally and sexually as a caretaker in exchange for US citizenship isn't the worst thing in the world for her and probably a fair enough deal.

A good friend of mine, a very much out and proud gay man at the time married a very good lesbian friend of his back in the 80s. She was a flight attendant so he got travel benefits, she got her family off of her back with a beard. They loved each other, they are still very good friends to this day but it wasn't a romantic relationship and that IMO is fine

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, John M said:

Just to clarify, Nicole's daughter does not appear to be specal needs. She appears to be typically developing. We only see small clips of her, and she is probably terrified of all the cameras around. 

I do think that this whole relationship is manufactured for TV and that they are both playing roles in it for some $$$$. Especially since there has been no real moving forward of the Visa process after 2 seasons of this couple, he is still not heading to America for some odd reason. There was a mention that Nicole's dad will co-sponsor Azan, but we dont see him coming over here after all this time. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 1

Maybe this season is showing us the failure side of K1? David Spain and the Yodeler are the couple I see getting married...maybe? Oh! and Andrrrrei and Libby.

Edited by Mr. Minor
Added adrrrreiii and Libby
7 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

Someone please refresh my memory. I can’t remember clearly.

I recall last season that she said she cheated but it wasnt it before they got together?

Did she really cheat this time too? Didnt she just go out with a friend?

What is Azans  definition of of cheating?..

Last year, Nicole confessed to cheating on Azan before she went to Morocco. This is (supposedly) the second time she cheated, as she first claimed to have taken off her engagement ring and went out with some girlfriends. When she was tearfully telling Azan about it, the "going out with her friends" became "I went out with a guy" but she claimed she was faithful and "nothing happened." They had a big argument outside the restaurant and the next day she called her mother but said in a TH that she didn't want to tell her the truth about what they were arguing about.  I for one believe  her that NOTHING HAPPENED because I think she made the whole thing up just as a test to make him jealous. 

• Love 4
Just now, Mr. Minor said:

Maybe this season is showing us the failure side of K1? David Spain and the Yodeler are the couple I see getting married...maybe?

To take that one step further... 

The producer-driven narrative that is so much more obvious now than in past seasons REALLY makes sense now.  What are the odds that each couple they feature ALL make it down the aisle and remain married for a bit?  IRL, plenty of couples call off engagements, break off relationships after visiting them a few times/meeting the family, whatever.  The odds that TLC gets 4-5 couples that DEFINITELY make it down the aisle... each season?  Come on, TLC.  We deserve better.  

Given who they have on this season, maybe we don't, LOL

But I would like to see a couple who decides "Okay, maybe this ISN'T what I wanted... Maybe I'm better off waiting for someone I actually like or who actually IS who they present themselves to be...."  and some follow up on those types of couples.  There's only so much Baby Huey and Screeching Molly that I can handle anymore.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Does she?  Is a relationship a right or a privilege?  Does Nicole even want a real relationship?  Or does she want someone to just do her bidding; does she want a relationship like the one Molly seems to have with Luis?

Everyone might want a relationship, but I don't know if everyone deserves one.  If you're incapable of kindness, empathy, or unable to work out problems with others, I don't know if you "deserve" a romantic relationship.

To have a healthy relationship, both partners need to be adults and I just don't see Nicole as an adult.

Exactly......she's a complete idiot!  Another typical young narcissist that our society seems to be cranking out now?  She fawned over Azan's beefcake poses online "He's so hot", while she shovels food into her face.  Of course he gets put off by her size and her laziness, while she comes up with "He should love me for who I am".  Of course she's too stupid to see the hypocrisy.  He doesn't seem like that bad of a guy to me.....if she lost 100+ lbs and followed thru on the help he's tried to provide then it might've worked.  I'm not a fan of either side of our political spectrum, but Nicole is just another product of the "everyone gets a participation trophy" society where too many kids aren't taught any toughness or work ethic!

• Love 6
On 12/3/2017 at 11:38 PM, bichonblitz said:

He was driving a Hummer, for godssakes! A Hummer! Something is so OFF about the entire David Poor/Chris relationship.

At first I thought he must know where the bodies are buried.

But what could David really have on the guy unless it was a literal body? He barely has the wherewithal to dress himself in the morning. I really don't think there's much of anything he could use that the Statute of Limitations hasn't run out on. There's no significant threat that he could mount. (He can't even mount Annie without a handful of cheap off market viagra. Why did I go there?)

Then I realized that if that were the case, Chris wouldn't be going to his engagement party and being all chummy. He would just be sending him $$$$.

Weird as it is, Chris genuinely likes the guy. Why, I don't know.

Both of them are straight of course. We don't need to go there.  Not with these two, please!

Maybe David Pour is Chris's connection to Kentucky, his roots, his youth. But the drunken zombie in front of him isn't the same douchebag he used to run around with 20 years ago. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Maybe David Pour is Chris's connection to Kentucky, his roots, his youth. But the drunken zombie in front of him isn't the same douchebag he used to run around with 20 years ago. 

Many people have friends that, no matter what they do, they can't unload.  Maybe at one time Chris and David were more or less on equal footing; so that is the person Chris sees when he sees David.  

Sometimes I wonder if Nicole, Azan or both of them are just doing this for the cameras.  Dani and Mo are gone from TLC and they need a "new" Dani and Mo.  This is the second season for Nicole and Azan and I would not be a bit surprised if they make it to a third season.

Edited by Neurochick
23 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

But the bed had been slept in

WHO was living there? Or was it a BJ Palace like in Thailand??

I think that the part that showed that was shot after the fact - like they had been there a day or two and then they filmed that part.

22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

My friends live in a converted firehouse that is awesome and filled with some great details, this one was ugly as shit on the inside and outside and in a huge parking lot surround by strip malls. 

It's a more "modern" firehouse - probably built in the 60's or 70's.  Most of the ones around here look like that, but most of the ones around here are volunteer, so no need for living quarters.

15 hours ago, kewpiedolls said:

Is there something wrong with me because I kind of like the space above the fire department. Probably because I romanticize the idea of living there with someone you're in love with. Oh yeah, Annie doesn't love David. I'm sorry but I laughed when he could barely make it down the stairs and Annie was like, "Be careful. I don't even know where the hospital is." I know things weren't ideal, but she had a bad attitude. Like, you should have known what you were getting into with him. Maybe you shouldn't have gotten so used to the glamorous life in LA. Why does she act like she deserves to live that kind of lifestyle? 

Elizabeth's family needs to butt out of her relationship. I know that love doesn't pay the bills, but he's putting too much emphasis on the materialistic side of things. Nice house, driving a Mercedes... Whatever.

No, I liked it too.  I saw a lot of possibilities, but in a business sense.  When Mr. Funky and I first got together, he was a tradesman, and someday wanted to own his own business, and the bottom would have worked perfectly for customers to pull in, and then we could have lived above.  But that trade passed him by in terms of technology, and he moved on to something else.  Still, I could do something with it business or not, if I had unlimited funds.

Elizabeth's dad speaks like he's compensating for some shortcoming (take that as you will - several things could apply).  If he wants to get all them wimmins married off to rich dudes, he loses bragging rights with Elizabeth.  But what if something happens to their rich dudes?  Mr. Funky lost his good job for completely BS reasons, and we're 1 month out from losing unemployment.  It's been a struggle.  We think he has another good job lined up, but training is involved that we're trying to work out, and we were supposed to be getting help in paying for it, but that's slow moving.  And we're not rich.  I can't imagine being completely dependent on someone else and then them losing their job, or passing away, or them leaving for someone else.  He should be proud that she's somewhat self-sufficient, and that she's marrying a real go-getter in terms of work, etc.  Bleh.  Jackass.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don' think anyone was suggesting that they cannot but the one on the show doesn' appear to worth saving and was as "vintage" as that horrid kitchen Evelyn cooed over. All firehouse and warehouses are not created equal or worth remodelling. 

I agree about the kitchen but re: the warehouses and firehouses, people can do amazing things with plain, open spaces that start out looking ugly. I am a firm believer in using what you have and making the best of the situation. Put down some interesting flooring (or don't, leave it cement and lay down bamboo area pieces), leave it as a big open space and create "sections" of rooms or add partitions for privacy, paint the walls, get some good furniture, etc. I would probably go industrial. There are some awesome stores in Kentucky, like Cowgirl's Attic, that sell things that have been stripped from old houses and buildings that were about to be demolished. You can find doors, fireplace mantels, really cool light fixtures, etc. 

27 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I think that the part that showed that was shot after the fact - like they had been there a day or two and then they filmed that part.

It's a more "modern" firehouse - probably built in the 60's or 70's.  Most of the ones around here look like that, but most of the ones around here are volunteer, so no need for living quarters.

No, I liked it too.  I saw a lot of possibilities, but in a business sense.  When Mr. Funky and I first got together, he was a tradesman, and someday wanted to own his own business, and the bottom would have worked perfectly for customers to pull in, and then we could have lived above.  But that trade passed him by in terms of technology, and he moved on to something else.  Still, I could do something with it business or not, if I had unlimited funds.

That's true about the business sense. You could live upstairs and create a cool little apartment and run a business in the downstairs. Right now LOTS of people, even in my tiny county of 3,000, are renting office spaces to share and work in. They're also renting places for art, to be able to paint and stuff. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

amazing things with plain, open spaces that start out looking ugly. I am a firm believer in using what you have and making the best of the situation. Put down some interesting flooring (or don't, leave it cement and lay down bamboo area pieces), leave it as a big open space and create "sections" of rooms or add partitions for privacy, paint the walls, get some good furniture, etc. I would probably go industrial.

My partner is an architect i know what can be done with spaces that place is shittly constructed most likely in the 80s or 90s. Chris probably bought it cheap to tear down and redevelop as a strip mall/industrial park.

On 12/4/2017 at 3:09 AM, Granny58 said:

Hate to say it, but Evelyn actually seemed okay this episode.  However, given that David can't even discuss the subject of sex, it is very clear that he's got issue and I expect they will have difficulties in that regard for a while.

OK, this is weird, but I actually liked the idea of living on the top floor of the fire house.   Because I like the idea of a nontraditional space that is a blank slate.  Did you catch the look on Annie's face though in the beginning of the show when David Poor was saying they had a great day?  Her face was just dead.  

OK, Josh IS a jerk, and Aika IS here with a plan.  100% on board with that consensus.  However, she would have better success if she would be supportive of his vasectomy reversal issue, but keep moving it along.  "Yes, Josh.  It will be difficult, but I will call the doctor on Monday and get you an appointment."  NOT, do it or I'm gone.  Creep or not, that is off-putting.  

I was thinking the same thing, "Evelyn is actually tolerable in this episode". I suppose I can understand being conservative about sex talk on camera, but it didn't have to be the penis/vagina talk she had with her mum. She could have just wanted to share the excitement and nerves which, hopefully they are both experiencing.

Me too on the firehouse thing! I always wanted to live in a renovated firehouse, church or some industrial building. I love the idea of sliding down the pole to breakfast or having stained-glass stations of the cross all around my living room. Jesus wept, that would be cool! 

Aika is setting herself up for disappointment. Even if he could ever afford the reversal surgery, and it works, she may have problems getting pregnant at her age. She's not stupid. Where does she think the money is going to come from? "I don't care how much it costs." So you are willing to be in 100k in debt to try to naturally conceive a child? 

All the couples seem to have the same delusions that once they are in the US together, things will be different--WRONG!

• Love 5

Apologies if this is something that has been covered or addressed at some point earlier and I missed it (or forgot it with my Error 404 excuse for a memory card in my brain) ... Do we know ANYTHING about May's Babydaddy? So Nicole obviously has had a boyfriend (to some degree) before Azan (even if it was very brief and fleeting) ... and I've gotta say I think that though we get only quick glances of her, May is an absolutely gorgeous child, so am thinking that either she hasn't hit the awkward stage yet or Maydaddy must have been reasonably attractive as well (and I guess Nicole goes for dark and handsome). 

Also something they must have covered but I missed/forgot so if someone can help me out here ... Azan is THIS desperate to get his green card and come to America right now now now WHY? Though we haven't seen him working as far as I can recall, he doesn't seem destitute or desperate, he seems to have a loving close family unit in Morocco, he is clearly very proud of his homeland and culture and he doesn't strike me as a stupid jerk. For someone where English is not his first language, though his full grasp of it is not perfect, he seems to be able to express his feelings in a thoughtful manner and it seems he is trying to be respectful and not a complete jerk all the time during his THs. He just doesn't strike me as a total douchebag, in other words. 

BTW, though I know a few people have joked about Bradenton, that general area has its bright points (plus lots of baseball). It's just one town down the pike from Sarasota, where Mr. Snappy and I would have seriously loved to have relocated if a) we could have afforded it and b) Little Snappy did not settle down permanently in the Los Angeles area, which means that's where we'll be making that last move to a nice 55+ age-in-place community before long (prior to that we were thinking Clearwater or Sarasota). Though yeah, the place they show Nicole living looks absolutely horrible, the epitome of shit-hole living ... it makes the Purple Palace in Florida Project look like the Taj Mahal. 

PS Just my opinion, but while I think that Kensley is a spitfire, I also think she's really cute (I know a few people have said she was unfortunate looking). 

Oh, so ... projections on who I think actually gets married ... well, I was batting .000 on the last season (I thought none of them would and pretty much all of them did) but I'll say a definite yes on Andreiiiii and Libby (she looks like a different person -- a much better-looking person -- without any lipstick so I hope she gets a nice cosmetics counter makeover before her wedding), and I'll also take a shot that Josh and Aika, those crazy (no)-kids, will take the plunge (I don't think there's enough time left in the 90 days for anything definitive to be determined on whether or not he can get unfixed, so they'll get married but not STAY married).

ETA: Because I forgot about them: I do think Evelyn and David Spain will get married if for no other reason than that smug bitch would never admit that she might have been wrong, plus she wants to wear the pink lacy underwear, and whatever demon drove David Spain here from beautiful Granada to Claremont must be stronger than changing his mind on national TV. I don't give the marriage much hope, but I think there will be a wedding ... 

I'll say no on the rest of them. Luis will run back to his boss at the resort and beg for his job back. "I worked here last year, remember?" (Any Roches fans on this board?)

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Oh, so ... projections on who I think actually gets married ... well, I was batting .000 on the last season (I thought none of them would and pretty much all of them did) but I'll say a definite yes on Andreiiiii and Libby (she looks like a different person -- a much better-looking person -- without any lipstick so I hope she gets a nice cosmetics counter makeover before her wedding), and I'll also take a shot that Josh and Aika, those crazy (no)-kids, will take the plunge (I don't think there's enough time left in the 90 days for anything definitive to be determined on whether or not he can get unfixed, so they'll get married but not STAY married).

I'll say no on the rest of them. Luis will run back to his boss at the resort and beg for his job back. "I worked here last year, remember?" (Any Roches fans on this board?)

There are lots of spoilers out on the web.  I can't play "guess who" . . . because I have no patience and have already read them.  LOL.

• Love 1

I've finally stopped reading spoilers! I am so proud of myself! Plus I forget they exist ... I think the only shows I read spoilers for are the Bachelor/ette series (I have no patience for actually watching the show) and the early rounds of The Voice, etc. so I know if it's worth getting invested in someone ... (PS I did go back and add one more prediction because I had forgotten about them but remain unspoiled.)

The harder thing will be avoiding this thread and, I guess, Twitter for almost a week since I'll be on the road for work from Sunday afternoon until Thursday night!

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 2
On 12/5/2017 at 3:12 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

Mother Evelyn reminds me of someone, but I can't think of who it is.  I am pretty sure it is an actress.  She looks and talks just a like a classic TV mom.  

Has anyone been able to confirm whether Josh does or does not have any top teeth?  I have never seen the teeth or the gap where they should be.  

Two that spring to mind: the mom from Malcolm in the Middle and Jan from The Office. Can’t even pinpoint exactly why. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

So Nicole obviously has had a boyfriend (to some degree)

If some guy I meet online sticks his penis in me and I get pregnant the same day we meet in person, do I get to call him my boyfriend?

Of course it's rhetorical...I'm 77 and keep my legs crossed.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

He barely has the wherewithal to dress himself in the morning.

I think I read that David Pour/Poor had a stroke. Maybe that caused some mental changes that they don't even recognize.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Do we know ANYTHING about May's Babydaddy?

IIRC, Nicole met a guy online and impulsively went to Texas to be with him. Things didn't work out, and she returned home pregnant (or having given birth) with May. Her mother talked about it last year when she was saying Nicole hasn't made good choices in the past and how she was concerned about her going to Morocco to meet Azan. 

• Love 1

Did anyone figure out what advertising the Hummer was wrapped in? That could be a clue as to what business Chris is involved in, in Kentucky. And while I would love to redo a fire house, for Annie and David, it's only temporary, so I doubt Chi and Nikki would let them do to much to it.I wonder how long Nikki gave them?

1 minute ago, Saltgypsie said:

Did anyone figure out what advertising the Hummer was wrapped in? That could be a clue as to what business Chris is involved in, in Kentucky. And while I would love to redo a fire house, for Annie and David, it's only temporary, so I doubt Chi and Nikki would let them do to much to it.I wonder how long Nikki gave them?

It was some self-storage facility.

11 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Apologies if this is something that has been covered or addressed at some point earlier and I missed it (or forgot it with my Error 404 excuse for a memory card in my brain) ... Do we know ANYTHING about May's Babydaddy? So Nicole obviously has had a boyfriend (to some degree) before Azan (even if it was very brief and fleeting) ... and I've gotta say I think that though we get only quick glances of her, May is an absolutely gorgeous child, so am thinking that either she hasn't hit the awkward stage yet or Maydaddy must have been reasonably attractive as well (and I guess Nicole goes for dark and handsome). 

May is a cutie pie.  I think Nicole, if she lost a tremendous amount of weight, could be very pretty if she was also fixed up.  

• Love 1
On 12/7/2017 at 9:43 PM, John M said:

I agree on a lot of that but also they signed up for this show and sex is a natural part of a relationship and they both volunteered about their virginity. 

Maybe it is my non-religious big city view of sex but this stuff that should be more than covered in high school with peers, I went to a Christian school freshmen year and even though it was abstinence only male and female anatomy and the mechanics of sex were more than covered. I don't remember if they covered condoms or birth control or not, I suspect not but I do remember the guy that taught us to it making a point that this was a no-hold bars discussion and some of the guys testing it and he was open about his sex life with his wife. I mean not Penthouse level stuff but a very frank yes I have sex with my wife regularly, she enjoys it, I'm normally on top, etc.

I don't see any indication she was wanting to talk about if she was going to swallow or anything like that, she appears to be wanting to talk like middle school level sex education.

Agreed. There were a dozen ways that David Spain could have handled this IF he didn't have some kind of bizarre and prudish hangup about sex. "Honey, we both love each other, and we will take our time with it, and it will be wonderful." A lot of virgins don't actually consummate on their honeymoon night. And, if they're smart, they won't plan to do it. They'll just let nature take its course and see what happens.

I agree with Evelyn being "gobsmacked" about being shutdown, and, that in and of itself was pretty funny. Clearly her parents should have employed timeouts more constructively in her toddlerhood and reinforced this as she was growing up, but they let baby have her way. What prevents me from enjoying it is what I see as David's cruelty wrapped up with his religious sanctimony. To quote him. "It's not right."

• Love 4