Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Evelyn made dinner for David to remind him of home...I will be in Spain (Barcelona) in January, will I be seeing quesadillas?  I always assumed that quesadillas were associated with Mexico.  

Me too. I was cracking up at the Kraft shredded cheddar, VAT of sour cream, The commercial Jar of salsa she bought. That’s not cooking !!!! That’s processed food ingredients and assumptions on Spanish food! Dumb dumb. Crack a cookbook ya dummie. 

25 minutes ago, Splithair said:

I wish I could like this comment 582 times. I laughed incredibly hard.

Me too 583+! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

It really depends on the denomination and the congregation of any given church. Fundamentalist do take holy books at their literal word: Duggars,FLDS, Mennonite, Pentecostal. Still, lots of churches are not fundamentalist. Evelyn's family doesn't appear to be fundamentalist. The women wear pants and cut their hair. This tends to be a huge faux pas in fundamentalist circles. I think they are just somewhat conservative Christians with the young marriage and virginity thing. 

So according to several sources that are not wikis, a fundamentalist Christian believes that the Bible is inspired by god and literal in all meaning. Most churches believe that. I was saying that Evelyn's family could be fundamentalist, believe that the Bible is the inspired word of god, and also choose to post pics of herself on Instagram in a bikini.  different denominations interpret the Bible differently though. United Pentecostals don't believe a woman should cut her hair or wear men's clothing. A Presbyterian doesn't hold those types of holiness standards, even though there is scripture to back it up. But both Pentecostal and Presbyterian are fundementalist.

The original post I was responding to said that Evelyn is not a fundamentalist because she had pics in bathing suit on Instagram. I don't believe that is the rule for all people who believe in a literal translation of the Bible. It depends on how each individual wants to spin it to suit their mood that day. Honestly, I think the definition has changed a lot and furthermore, one person may hold fundamentalist views without even attending a church. 

Elizabeth can try some Canadian venues for a snowy, mountain-area venue. Whistler, BC. Banff or Jasper, AB. Some of the fancy hotels probably have a winter outdoor wedding spot. It would be a bit risky to take horses to the top of the mountain, what with the possibility of an avalanche. She can maybe also try Aspen. No snow guaranteed to fall, even at higher elevations.

In terms of Evelyn cooking Spanish food, maybe Spanish rice or paella. She could have simply stopped at a Mexican fast food place to pick up burritos. Surely she has access to the WWW, and there are millions of recipes to be found online. Just search for Spanish cooking or Spanish dishes and voila!

Evelyn could also put on her own lingerie. Unless it is a very complicated piece with various buttons or some sort of corset, Mikayla did not need to go to the dressing room with her.

Seems like Josh, like some other show participants, misrepresented himself to Aika. A big diamond ring, an expensive Porsche, the good life.  No funds to pay for it, though. You tell the woman you can't have kids before you start 'dating' her. Or put it clearly in your online profile so you don't waste someone's time.

Annie, you have a cheap/free place to live for a while. It's not the nice LA house with the pool, but it is better than your former home. Once seeing what LA has to offer, of course Kentucky is dull. Right now you are stuck with David Poor.

Asan, there are lots of American women who are acquainted with vegetables. If you stay with Nicole, that is on you. You have the opportunity to dodge the bullet and find another woman.

• Love 8

Well they finally cleared that up! I've asked ten times in this forum why on earth did David Poor and Annie go to L.A. first if he was supposed to get on his feet? Never got an answer. I thought I was missing something.  They sort of went over the talk they had about "come out to LA first and let me see your house" okay made no sense at all. They should have gone straight to KY but to leech a few more weeks off his friend while not working, made no sense. I was also asking where are they going to stay in Kentucky. Now we know.

God those steps in the fire house! Maybe they can find the pole and slide down it. 

Is Molly going to marry this asshole? Major lack of judgement on her part. 

• Love 6
On 12/2/2017 at 8:49 AM, AZChristian said:

Gee, @Lily247 . . . could you give lessons to women on network and local news stations?  I find what they're wearing (or NOT wearing) is so distracting that I barely pay attention to what they're saying.  My thoughts run to:

• Pretty dress . . . too bad they didn't have it 2 sizes bigger so she could breathe.
  • Wow, (insert name of local weather person here) must have a hot date at a club right after the show, with no time to change beforehand.
  • Wow, (insert name local news morning personality) must have been out all night at a club, with no time to change afterward.
  • Hmmm . . . I sure hope that tiny little skirt is glued to her thighs, or we may need to break into a chorus of "I see London, I see France" any minute now.

Exactly... and I notcied that on certain news networks that have a higher percentage of male viewers, the female news anchors are all displayed sitting in tiny sheath dresses, shiny legs folded over and mega heels ... it IS distracting to pay attention to what tjey say !

• Love 2

I feel really sad for Elizabeth. I think her father desperately wants to be an affluent, important man. And he might have money, but he's still a sweaty schlub wearing basketball shorts at a trashy driving range. They're not really 'there' yet, and I think his trashy striving shows in how he treats his daughters and what he views as successful. It all has to do with the trappings of money and class, which is gross to begin with, but their idea of class is also just gross and sad.

He could give Elizabeth advancement opportunities within his company rather than some peanuts-paying part time role. Or encourage her to spread her wings and find an actual full-time career. Instead, it's about marrying an older guy who can give her a Mercedes. It's upsetting.

Also, had I been her at that wedding dress try-on, I would have lost my shit. It's either get married quickly, or have financial assistance -- it's that simple. It's not cute to have these sisters of her sniffing about it seeming 'too soon' when apparently they've had most things handed to them. 

While I think they have the most functional relationship this season (what a low bar to clear), I'm not really rooting for them to get married. I do genuinely see that Andrei cares for her, and while he makes some clunker sexist jokes and is "traditional", they'll probably be okay. But really, what I want to see is for Elizabeth to embrace a sheer lip tint and tell her family to go fuck themselves, get a career and find success on her own terms, then find a guy she can grow with and shares her new, less-toxic family values.

• Love 17

Evelyn and David : I need to comment on this, that whatever Evelyn may be, she is NOT the shy/modest type. Going lingerie shopping for your wedding night on national TV is pushing boundaries for a "good Christian girl." Heck, for most women I think.  I think she wants every viewer to imagine her wearing all of this lingerie, hence why she showed her selections clearly in front of the cameras. When the cameras panned on her feet when she was trying it on in the dressing room, it seemed like Evelyn and production were trying their hardest to see "how far they can push the envelope" because it seemed like we as viewers were practically watching her change into all of these 'scandalous' items. Kind of like Britney Spears in 1997 when she was a 16 year old virgin, and playing it up to the max while dancing in a sexy schoolgirl outfit. It was kind of funny watching her squealing over the fact that she will be having sex soon, and she couldnt believe she was buying clothes for sex. She is definitely still a teenager. 

Nicole and Azan: Watching her get physical with him was disturbing, but it got a much larger reaction than Anfisa hitting Jorge; and actually Anfisa clearly struck Jorge with her open hand, while Nicole did kind of a shove/block. I also hate people writing comments about May seeming delayed. we only see snippets of May, and she is probably not mic'ed, plus she might not feel comfortable in front of a bunch of cameramen. My nephew is 3 and he barely speaks around strangers, but around familiar people he doesnt shut up. 

Andrei and Libby: he holds his ground VERY well. Libby's dad is pretty disillusioned about the whole situation, and believes his daughter, who doesnt have a real career of her own, is entitled to a wealthy man. I think Andrei is a great catch and seems to have a good work ethic if he is already itching to start working and start providing for himself and Libby as soon as possible. I do think that Libby is the type who is used to the nicer things in life, though - horse-drawn carriage wedding on a snowy mountaintop ? I am 99% sure the dad will come around to paying for all the things his daughter needs/wants that Andrei won't be able to provide, The dad is just so vile to him, I wonder if his family was nice to Libby ? Or maybe she complained about things to her parents and this is the result, we might never know, but the dad's behavior to Andrei doesnt seem to come from nowhere. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

And you don't chop them up in little peices like that, you slice them, same as you would for fajita's. David Spain didn't seem to mind, though. He was too busy thinking about how to avoid sex on the wedding night. 

When they were in the pain they were slices. 

48 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Elizabeth can try some Canadian venues for a snowy, mountain-area venue. Whistler, BC. Banff or Jasper, AB. Some of the fancy hotels probably have a winter outdoor wedding spot. It would be a bit risky to take horses to the top of the mountain, what with the possibility of an avalanche. She can maybe also try Aspen. No snow guaranteed to fall, even at higher elevations.

I

I personally think thats just crazy, especially for someone on a tight budget. She and her giant family live in Tampa, FL; flying everyone to Canada or Aspen so she can have some snowflakes in her hair at the ceremony is pretty out there. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

terms of Evelyn cooking Spanish food, maybe Spanish rice or paella. She could have simply stopped at a Mexican fast food place to pick up burritos. Surely she has access to the WWW, and there are millions of recipes to be found online. Just search for Spanish cooking or Spanish dishes and voila

Evelyn specifically mentioned that she was making a dish that she ate with David in Spain and his mother cooked.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

This whole “grrr, you didn’t ask for my permission to marry my competent adult daughter so I’m not going to help with the wedding” rings false for me.  Given what we have learned about K-1 Visas, Libby’s father had to co-sponsor Andrei!  Yeah, Daddy’s not paying for a fairytale wedding because he has agreed to co-sponsor, pays for the apartment and most likely paid for Libby’s trips. 

ALso, if Andrei didnt ask the father for Libby's hand in marriage, it may have been because he didnt know that is the culture in some families here, perhaps Libby did not explain this to him. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Annie was so smug to Nikki on their girls' night out, basically, "Chris pay for me for ten years. He's my new John. Get used to it, bitch."

Then she smiled and told the cameras, "Chris pays for me. I don't feel bad. I don't care."

With friends like David Pour, who needs enemies?

Chris may get a Thailand massage by the pool after all?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

I drive a 1999 Honda Civic.

I have enough money to retire at age 40 and not experience any lessening of my standard of living.

People with REAL wealth are notoriously frugal.

And I am immediately available for adoption...

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

ALso, if Andrei didnt ask the father for Libby's hand in marriage, it may have been because he didnt know that is the culture in some families here, perhaps Libby did not explain this to him. 

He said it was a custom in his country so it' not something to be explained. However, I don' know how he was supposed to ask him since Elizabeth's father refused to take his calls.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

SI feel really sad for Elizabeth. I think her father desperately wants to be an affluent, important man. And he might have money, but he's still a sweaty schlub wearing basketball shorts at a trashy driving range. They're not really 'there' yet, and I think his trashy striving shows in how he treats his daughters and what he views as successful. It all has to do with the trappings of money and class, which is gross to begin with, but their idea of class is also just gross and sad.

The father is vile. If he wants to pretend he’s wealthy he might want to change out of his Walmart clothes. He golf swing was pretty bad too so I don’t know why he chose to do that on tv. 

He loves to talk about how it’s done on ‘Merica, the only country worth a damn as far as he is concerned. But what about the tradition of the bride’s family paying for the wedding. No self respecting father would weasel out of that, would he?  Nice excuse for not paying for the wedding, asshole. 

• Love 24
22 minutes ago, Lemons said:

The father is vile. If he wants to pretend he’s wealthy he might want to change out of his Walmart clothes.

My thoughts exactly! And the sweaty looking ass with the bloated wattle neck might want to get a new ball cap too. 

Edited by Gigglepuff
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

Why? What did you make of it?

Possibly comforting her to talk but it just seemed weird. Maybe Daughter Evilyn should try it on David Spain.

Edited by LisaWl7TR
24 minutes ago, Lemons said:

The father is vile. If he wants to pretend he’s wealthy he might want to change out of his Walmart clothes. He golf swing was pretty bad too so I don’t know why he chose to do that on tv. 

He loves to talk about how it’s done on ‘Merica, the only country worth a damn as far as he is concerned. But what about the tradition of the bride’s family paying for the wedding. No self respecting father would weasel out of that, would he?  Nice excuse for not paying for the wedding, asshole. 

Vile is a good word to describe him. He suddenly wanted a call from Andrei now that he's on tv, but in real life we wouldn't take Andrei's calls. He's going for the gruff, loveable, protective dad angle but he's just coming off as a raging douche. He's an actor like his daughter. It's all for the show. And I'm loving Andrei even more for not taking the bait and then sticking it to him by marrying his little princess even sooner. The guy is probably about to have a mild stroke out of anger. He has no control over Andrei and it's going to destroy him. I can't wait until father Libby has to start kissing Andrei's ass when he wants to see his grandchildren. Lol! He's digging his own grave. 

• Love 19

Quicker drinking game leading to death: 

Take a drink each time Nicole uses the word "like" as punctuation, or

Each time she says "talk" as in "We need to" or "I want to" or "let's" or "Why won't you", etc.

We all could skyrocket to the top of a transplant list.  

• Love 8

I had to turn it off before David Spain had his meltdown (sleep remains a necessity) but will finish in the next day or so. I'm looking forward to it, with glee.

I have to say, I started this season kinda loving Luis and expecting to hate Andreiiiiii. My how the tables have turned. At this point, I am digging Andreiiiiii. Maybe even more than Alexei. 

Libby's Dad is a blowhard putz. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

He strikes me as a $30K Millionaire.  You know the type.  Maybe all of this righteous indignation is a cover for the fact that he can't AFFORD to pay for a wedding for Daddy's Little Girl.

30 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

He's going for the gruff, loveable, protective dad angle but he's just coming off as a raging douche.

I love you guys so much.  The writing talent and humor on these boards are so, so impressive.

Edited by bethster2000
Proper Grammar: Read It, Know It, Live It.
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

I think her father desperately wants to be an affluent, important man. And he might have money, but he's still a sweaty schlub wearing basketball shorts at a trashy driving range. They're not really 'there' yet, and I think his trashy striving shows in how he treats his daughters and what he views as successful. It all has to do with the trappings of money and class, which is gross to begin with, but their idea of class is also just gross and sad.

Sad!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Drogo said:

Evelyn:  Won't it be weird just being naked together, like, with our naked bodies and stuff?

Mrs. Dave Grohl:  No sweetie, the human body is beautiful and a hoo-hoo is designed for a pee-pee.

David on their wedding night, probably:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Dead.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I thought most churches were fundementalist and that just means that they believe in the Bible fundamentals as literal. It doesn't mean they can't wear bathing suits and post them on instagam. I don't know. I'll google it. 

You're absolutely right about that. I guess i should have said "Evelyn is not a 'fundie.'" On this board fundie = the Duggars?

Everyln said she likes the classy & slutty underwear! Lol

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

You're absolutely right about that. I guess i should have said "Evelyn is not a 'fundie.'" On this board fundie = the Duggars?

Everyln said she likes the classy & slutty underwear! Lol

I won't be surprised if David doesn't go soft when he sees her classy, slutty undies, and then goes to cry in the shower, fetal position, rocking back and forth. That's assuming he can get hard in the first place. Maybe he can get hard by thinking of himself and how much better he is than anybody in tiny backwoods Claremont. What a prick. No pun. 

I really feel bad for Evelyn. I never thought I'd say that. I hope she doesn't go through with this marriage. The poor little fundie will be stuck in a marriage forever with an asexual because divorce is a big fat sin. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I really feel bad for Evelyn. I never thought I'd say that. I hope she doesn't go through with this marriage. The poor little fundie will be stuck in a marriage forever with an asexual because divorce is a big fat sin. 

In some states, non consummation or refusal to have sex is grounds for divorce. Non consummation is definitely grounds for an annulment. I don’t believe too many churches would condemn either party for this.

Sex is a normal, healthy desire and an expectation of most marriages. Many people don’t realize they are asexual or gay until after they get married. Some couples are perfectly happy with a sexless marriage, which isn’t a problem as long as both are okay with it.  Expectations regarding sex are important to discuss before marriage. Not being on the same page in this regard is guaranteed disappointment for one or both.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Non consummation is definitely grounds for an annulment

Not in New Hampshire so she would have to leave Claremont. Actually many states have done away with non consummation as a reason for annulment.

7 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

In some states, non consummation or refusal to have sex is grounds for divorce. Non consummation is definitely grounds for an annulment. I don’t believe too many churches would condemn either party for this.

Sex is a normal, healthy desire and an expectation of most marriages. Many people don’t realize they are asexual or gay until after they get married. Some couples are perfectly happy with a sexless marriage, which isn’t a problem as long as both are okay with it.  Expectations regarding sex are important to discuss before marriage. Not being on the same page in this regard is guaranteed disappointment for one or both.

Church may not condemn it but Evelyn may feel like she can pray for him until it changes. I've known couples who have stayed in very unhealthy Christian relationships and just prayed and prayed their little hearts out. The church wouldn't have condemned divorce but the personal conviction of the Christian was to stay in the marriage and let God change things. Hopefully, Evelyn won't stay in an unhappy situation but she is so young. It seems like she would believe anything the church tells her they can pray away. You know, because god will provide for Evelyn and David. They don't have to do anything. Evelyn may even get pregnant without having sex like the Virgin Mary.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Well they finally cleared that up! I've asked ten times in this forum why on earth did David Poor and Annie go to L.A. first if he was supposed to get on his feet? Never got an answer. I thought I was missing something.  They sort of went over the talk they had about "come out to LA first and let me see your house" okay made no sense at all. They should have gone straight to KY but to leech a few more weeks off his friend while not working, made no sense. I was also asking where are they going to stay in Kentucky. Now we know.

I think that David Poor stopped in LA first in hopes that Chris would keep him around.  David Poor decided to be party drunk because that's his bobo (or whatever David Poor's nickname was in their Fantasy Thailand videos) role in their friendship.  Surely, Chris will want to laugh and keep his bestie around?!  NOPE!  Chris is trying to make his second family last and won't make the same mistakes. He's not going to let party bobo be drunk around his two little ones.  Off to KY you go, bobo.

P.S.  Am I the only one that would like to live in a firehouse?

• Love 2

Drogo, I now have a corner of a White Cheddar Cheez*it stuck between the back of my throat and my nasal cavity.  I'll be sending you the doctor's bill, along with a bill from the dry cleaner for the comforter I sprayed with half-chewed cracker goodness.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 3

Regarding David Spain and sex talk, I don't think him not wanting to talk about sex, on camera, for a show that will be shown on cable around the world, is in any way an indication that he has an aversion to sex or any deep issues.  In my experience, most men don't like to talk about sex, unless it is crude talk or bragging.  I am not at all surprised that a virgin, with a conservative upbringing would not want to talk about sex on TV.  

• Love 3
On 12/4/2017 at 5:07 AM, Kangatush said:

I loved David Spain's freak out.  It was just so bizarre.  I understand not wanting to discuss nitty gritty details of the act itself on camera, but there are a whole bunch of other topics about intimacy people about to have sex, and be married, should have.  Like what's the plan on children?  And I loved how he said he'd talk to the pastor.  He might be able to explain some mechanics, but he's not going to be having sex with you so he can only be so helpful.

Mother Evelyn had the right idea, but she missed some opportunities for truth.  Like they're both inexperienced.  It will probably feel awkward and weird at first, but with time, and communication, it should get much better.  But David Spain makes it seem like Evelyn is in for a hole in a sheet and laying back and thinking of England.

I'm putting all my chips on David Spain being deep in the closet.   He shows no sign of intimacy or even affection with Evelyn.  He demonstrates not even the slightest hint of attraction to her.   Which makes zero sense to me, because even though Evelyn can be annoying, she's a very attractive young woman.

In fact, I would say Azan has been kinder and more affectionate towards Nicole than Spain has been towards Evelyn -- and that's not saying much.

"Think of England."  LOL, I've always loved that.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Nowhere said:

So according to several sources that are not wikis, a fundamentalist Christian believes that the Bible is inspired by god and literal in all meaning. Most churches believe that. I was saying that Evelyn's family could be fundamentalist, believe that the Bible is the inspired word of god, and also choose to post pics of herself on Instagram in a bikini.  different denominations interpret the Bible differently though. United Pentecostals don't believe a woman should cut her hair or wear men's clothing. A Presbyterian doesn't hold those types of holiness standards, even though there is scripture to back it up. But both Pentecostal and Presbyterian are fundementalist.

The original post I was responding to said that Evelyn is not a fundamentalist because she had pics in bathing suit on Instagram. I don't believe that is the rule for all people who believe in a literal translation of the Bible. It depends on how each individual wants to spin it to suit their mood that day. Honestly, I think the definition has changed a lot and furthermore, one person may hold fundamentalist views without even attending a church. 

Actually, the United Pentecostal Church denies the Trinity, which is one of the most important fundamentals of the faith and is, theologically considered a cult, by most Christian groups.

In reality, groups like the UPC, with heretical theology and odd practices, or groups that have something closer to traditional Christian beliefs, but who tend to identify themselves around a misinterpretation or over emphasis on a particular scripture or scriptures, and things like having huge families, snake handling, health and wealth or women not cutting hair or wearing pants, are what people think of when they hear the word "Fundamentalist".  

As, a result, a lot of Evangelical or other conservative Christian groups (like Evelyn's church) tend to avoid being labeled "Fundamentalist", because of the stigma that has been attached to it because of the wackos.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, millennium said:

I'm putting all my chips on David Spain being deep in the closet.   He shows no sign of intimacy or even affection with Evelyn.  He demonstrates not even the slightest hint of attraction to her.   Which makes zero sense to me, because even though Evelyn can be annoying, she's a very attractive young woman. <snip>

I think we're way too quick to assume people are gay (not that there's anything wrong with being gay - there isn't) when an individual doesn't outwardly demonstrate any physical interest in the opposite sex. But there are other possibilities.

As has already been mentioned, David may just be really uncomfortable around the cameras. Bear in mind Evelyn has already mentioned David told her sex wasn't discussed openly in his family growing up, and he felt uncomfortable with her talking about sex with her mother! So the prospect of discussing sex in front of a national audience on TV may have been enough to send him into a tailspin.

Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one.

But let's say it's more than that. David might be asexual. Those who are asexual are absolutely able to feel emotional attraction to others, but do not feel physical attraction. If David was raised in a family in which discussing sex was discouraged, (and, in some Christian families, thinking about sex is considered "sinful") he may be asexual but not even know he is. If that's the case, that would be terribly sad for both David and Evelyn.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I think he actually DID struggle.  We saw him try to figure out how he was going to do it (yeah, carry the TWO heavy pieces at the same time and leave the one small piece for later).   We saw only the result of the two of them taking the luggage into their honeymoon suite.

I think David was thinking, do I:

a) Try to carry them both and deal with the weight and tight turns.

b) Make 2 trips and beforced to drag my enormous butt up the stairs twice.

c) Get Annie to do it.

• Love 6

I thought it was stupid and fake because every FH I have been in there are multiple sets of stairs and that spiral staircase being the only access to the upper level would not be up to code for a FH even in the early 1900s in most jurisdictions and would not be the only set of stairs in that building.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I think we're way too quick to assume people are gay (not that there's anything wrong with being gay - there isn't) when an individual doesn't outwardly demonstrate any physical interest in the opposite sex. But there are other possibilities.

As has already been mentioned, David may just be really uncomfortable around the cameras. Bear in mind Evelyn has already mentioned David told her sex wasn't discussed openly in his family growing up, and he felt uncomfortable with her talking about sex with her mother! So the prospect of discussing sex in front of a national audience on TV may have been enough to send him into a tailspin.

Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one.

But let's say it's more than that. David might be asexual. Those who are asexual are absolutely able to feel emotional attraction to others, but do not feel physical attraction. If David was raised in a family in which discussing sex was discouraged, (and, in some Christian families, thinking about sex is considered "sinful") he may be asexual but not even know he is. If that's the case, that would be terribly sad for both David and Evelyn.

Or maybe he's gay.

• Love 7

Someone mentioned that maybe David is from a traditional Catholic family and thus can't discuss sex.  I had a Catholic upbringing, and I got married in the church.  The Catholic Church requires all engaged couples getting married to attend pre-marriage counseling, and that includes a session on sex and 'natural family planning.'  We had a pretty open discussion about it in my session.  Most of the couples had already engaged in sex, anyway!

I just can't imagine that a 27 year old living in Spain never talked about sex with his friends.

Is it possible that David is just uncomfortable talking about sex on camera? That I could understand. If that's not the problem, then there is a serious issue there that Evelyn shouldn't ignore. He is 27 years old. He was acting like my 16 year nephew when his grandmother mentions sex to him. Running out of the room.

Or maybe he's gay.

I don't think that's it at all. Back in college when I was more religious, there were guys in my bible study who never dated or showed much interest in dating. It wasn't that they were gay. They were just totally socially weird. They either ended up marrying some desperate girl, or they're still single. David is going the desperate girl route.

The look on Annie's face when she saw their new living accommodations was priceless. That combined with David admitting that either he's a blackout drunk or lies about being able to remember what he did means she should flee back to Thailand now. I could totally see a situation where she ends up having to pay him spousal support because she gets a job and he continues to sit on his ass.

Edited by Kellyee
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

God those steps in the fire house! Maybe they can find the pole and slide down it. 

I was totally looking for the pole! Was it covered here on why David was driving that fancy hummer?

8 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

My thoughts exactly! And the sweaty looking ass with the bloated wattle neck might want to get a new ball cap too. 

I cracked up when Andrrrrrei started nailing his golf swing better than Father Fatso in law!

• Love 8

I know some are saying that maybe David is simply not comfortable with discussing sex on camera.  That's understandable.  I wouldn't want to, either.  But there is a better way to handle it, like maybe saying "let's discuss that another time when we are alone.  It's not something I like being public about."  There you go.  Done.  I think the reason so many people are speculating about his sexuality is because David had a mini meltdown when the topic came up!

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

I know some are saying that maybe David is simply not comfortable with discussing sex on camera.  That's understandable.  I wouldn't want to, either.  But there is a better way to handle it, like maybe saying "let's discuss that another time when we are alone.  It's not something I like being public about."  There you go.  Done.  I think the reason so many people are speculating about his sexuality is because David had a mini meltdown when the topic came up!

But he is also surrounded by cameras at the time. During that conversation they both suggest that they have talked about it off camera Evelyn even says but we talked about this part before and he replies yes but not... which makes me think that he told her that he wasn’t comfortable talking about it on camera.  I mean I still think he has hangups but that the cameras definitely were an issue.

• Love 2