Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't think that regular, I had a bad day type thing is what Chris was referring to.  If you've never dealt with someone who has this issue, then, it may be difficult to imagine.  But, when OTHERS bring it up, then, it's not normal.  (Previously, brought up on tv by Tori an Auj and agreed to by twins, so, I don't think that Chris is blowing it out of proportion.)

AND Amy didn't deny it.  If someone brought up anger on my part.  My mouth would drop and I'd ask them what they were talking about, because, I don't have anger issues. 

I missed a season right around the weddings. What did Tori and Audrey say about the anger?

I guess I assumed Amy didn't deny it because she's not likely to say anything that could be perceived as contradicting Chris, sadly enough. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I disagree!  You do not have to live in a world where people yell.  You don't!  Being sorry afterwards does nothing for me.  Try thinking ahead of time and not doing the behavior.  If you need to leave the room and take a walk and defuse, then do that.  My father would blow up and then try to "talk" about it, translation, blame everyone else.  Us kids told our mom we were leaving and would she come with us.  She did and we did not have to live like that ever again.

Everyone has bad days.  Not everyone reacts with yelling and outbursts.  I would think adults would mature to the point they could absorb and reflect before reacting.

I have to take exception to "why this guy has never been married".  Not everyone wants to be married.  If that is what marriage looks like - I'm out!

Matt and Amy are horrible people and both need counseling.  I like how Zach and Tori are not repeating what Zach learned.  I think Jer and Aud are on the same path as Matt and Amy.

Marrying Amy could be a good relationship?  Maybe after she has had a year of counseling.  She is a mess and she is clingy and it is way to early for any of that.  It was Amy who said they were just friends and having fun and now she is changing her tune.  I agree with you that she thinks the needs a committed relationship but she has not done the work.  She needs to be able to take her own fault for the family.

I think a good rule of thumb is this: On a first sleepover DO NOT GET UP EARLY AND START COOKING.  That alone would have scared the shit out of me.

I think she is totally smitten with Chris and doesn't see that maybe he isn't as into her.

As far as all this cooking she is doing for him, I think that is her way of showing she cares about him. But a lady needs to be careful about this. It can come off as mothering and wife-ish...and if the guy is self sufficient and looking for a casual (hang out and get it on) relationship, that may scare him off. As mentioned, Amy seems to want something serious, and Chris is a confirmed bachelor. Nothing wrong with either, but I can see it causing some hurt down the road. 

My take on the younger marriages:

Jeremy and Audrey think they are beautiful hipster people who belong together. But I can totally see them bickering behind closed doors. Just wait till the baby comes! 

Zach and Tori are very down to earth and have a deep love for one another. Tori is probably brighter and in charge. But even so, it works and there is a mutual respect. They will be great parents! 

• Love 14
(edited)

They referenced it once, that Amy can have a temper. Under this criteria, my entire family is not normal.

Amy probably didn't deny it, when Chris said it, because she was nervous and surprised and on camera. Her lack of immediate "OH NO I DINT!" is not, in my opinion, a confession that she is a rage monster in serious need of treatment. In fact, she was probably worried that if she wasn't understanding and accepting that a)It might turn off Chris and b) It might look bad on the show.

I suppose that it could be some big misunderstanding and that the only time Amy goes off in anger is because Matt makes her do it.  lol I'm prepared for her to come up with that.  I'd be more impressed if she were to fully acknowledge the problem and address it with some real therapy.  She could also benefit addressing her poor, fragile self image, since she says that's the real problem. 

Per the Noah's Ark court documents and depositions, Amy was seeing a marriage counselor in 2010-2012. Matt refused to attend. And I am not buying this narrative that Matt has been a perfect gentleman and doormat to Amy. I can recall Matt genuinely complimenting Amy twice - once at Jeremy's wedding and once at Zach's wedding. Matt has repeatedly stated that Amy's work in the home, you know, raising the children and feeding them etc, was useless and a waste of time. He's repeatedly said that her ideas are dumb and that she doesn't think big. When she does something of merit, he either downplays it as something not important to him, is condescending about it, or makes a left handed compliment like "I never believed that Amy would be able to accomplish this without my needing to help her! I am AMAZED that she pulled it off".

Does Amy even have the right to be angry that Matt has openly stated that spending time with his family is a waste of his time? Or, since he's so awesome, she should just smile and keep her bitch mouth shut when he lies to her openly about where the money is going?

But I stand by my earlier comment. I'm not seeing any evidence of Amy having an abnormal temper, or that the kids or Matt expend a lot of energy to keep her from turning into the Hulk.

I think she is totally smitten with Chris and doesn't see that maybe he isn't as into her.

This. She's wanting a new husband. I like Chris (or rather, I have no objections to Chris, he's really a bit bland) but it feels like Amy is pushing for it to be settled way too quickly.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 13

One episode encapsulates the Matt/Amy dynamic.  It's the one where they were tied together and trying to do tasks.  All Matt did was try to prevent Amy from getting any work done.  He only knows one way - his way.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

l'm not seeing any evidence of Amy having an abnormal temper, or that the kids or Matt expend a lot of energy to keep her from turning into the Hulk.

The more I think about the first few seasons, when the kids were little and the family's lives were chaotic and Amy was working outside the home and handling all the household logistics basically on her own and taking care of the kids' emotional needs, I can't recall her having lost her temper, or having been called out by the kids or even Matt because of difficulty controlling her emotions. Yes, she was crabby at times, but never toward the kids, and usually because Matt had abandoned one expensive and unnecessary project in favor of beginning another expensive and unnecessary project. Honestly, she was a lot more tolerant than I would have been. And if she's expressing her emotions these days, I don't see that as a bad thing. 

• Love 18
8 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I also note that this "babymoon" business is ridiculous and that they ALSO did a "babymoon" in Hawaii.

I think "Babymoon" can go away along with "Grandma Shower". Just a lot of made up folderol.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I also noticed a fleeting exchange between Amy and Matt, where she dared to allude to the time money was tight and she stepped up.  Revisionist Matt was having none of that reality ...

He will never validate or even acknowledge the work she did for their family. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ina123 said:

I think "Babymoon" can go away along with "Grandma Shower". Just a lot of made up folderol.

Oh, for God's sake.  "Grandma shower??!"  I'm so sick of these trendy little made-up events that are nothing more than gift and cash grabs.  As for babymoons, want to know where I had mine 16 years ago?  Olive Garden.  How silly we're becoming as a society.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ina123 said:

29 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

Oh, for God's sake.  "Grandma shower??!"  I'm so sick of these trendy little made-up events that are nothing more than gift and cash grabs.  As for babymoons, want to know where I had mine 16 years ago?  Olive Garden.  How silly we're becoming as a society.

I'm with you and dont forget "Push Presents."  I also have my own opinion of Gender Reveal parties, but I won't get into that now.

My sister was way ahead of the Babymoon trend 18 years ago.  When she was pregnant with her second daughter, they took a nice vacation out west.  She figured this was the last trip when it was just the three of them (being easier than when it would be four of them) & made it something special for my other niece who was a great traveler.  Or is the Babymoon just for first time parents? 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

But I stand by my earlier comment. I'm not seeing any evidence of Amy having an abnormal temper, or that the kids or Matt expend a lot of energy to keep her from turning into the Hulk.

This. She's wanting a new husband. I like Chris (or rather, I have no objections to Chris, he's really a bit bland) but it feels like Amy is pushing for it to be settled way too quickly.

Totally agree! I just hope it's filmed when Amy has had enough tip toeing around and tells him to stick it where the sun don't shine.  I mean good grief, is this the standards he's held everyone to, the reason he's never married. I feel Amy has fallen head over heels and low and behold she's done it with someone that, so far, has no intentions in marriage.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Literata said:

I missed a season right around the weddings. What did Tori and Audrey say about the anger?

I guess I assumed Amy didn't deny it because she's not likely to say anything that could be perceived as contradicting Chris, sadly enough. 

I don't know the exact episode, but, I may try to back track and find it, but, it was around the time that one of the twins was getting married.  Tori and Audrey were doing one of those sit down, talk to the camera scenes when Tori described working with Amy in the wedding plans.  She expressed trepidation that they would do anything to upset Amy, because she can go off.  Something to that effect.  The look on her face was like, you don't want to do that.  Audrey agreed and so did the twins.  They didn't make a big deal out of out of and they really weren't trying to bad mouth her, just expressing how you have to be careful around her.  They said something else later in the season too, though, I can't recall the details.  They have also been very complimentary of Amy, saying that she is a good person.  Good people can have this issue.  She may not break plates or throw things, but, according to her family, she has a problem that is severe enough for others to comment on.  AND NOW Chris ALSO brings it up.  I don't think that they are all just super sensitive.   It seemed to me that Amy did sort of OWN it when Chris confronted her.  I hope that she will continue to do that and work to FIX IT.  I hope that her friends don't downplay the problem and sweep it under the rug.  That's not being a friend, imo.  This is something that can be addressed. She doesn't have to let it impact her life.  Regardless, of who she dates, it's going to be an issue.  

For those who have watched for many years, you will recall the scenes with Amy's dad.  Well, I think that explains a lot about Amy.  Sometimes, the early years haunt us.  I do believe there is some sense of insecurity in Amy.  Her father displayed himself to be extremely critical and judgmental during his visits to the farm.  One particular visit was very sad.  I can see that kind of upbringing having some lasting impact on Amy.  

• Love 5
On 5/8/2017 at 8:20 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's like the fifth post in the last couple of days referring to Chris as "good looking."  

Really?  You all think that?  Damn, I just don't see it.  At all.

At first I thought he was a pretty good looking guy, but the more we see him I think he's probably more 'dorky'.  Anyone can look badass in a motorcycle jacket and boots.  His casual wear is really lacking and he sometimes looks like hasn't gone shopping since the early 90s. 

On 5/10/2017 at 0:47 AM, walnutqueen said:

I wonder about this - especially since he couched it in terms of it being his "hot button".  That suggests there's a background story ...

I fear Amy's going to get hurt by this one.

Him saying that was kind of a red flag to me too.  And probably a reason why he's never been married.  He either hates confrontation or he doesn't want someone to get mad at him ever.  So he probably breaks up with someone before they get comfortable enough to get in arguments.  Or he's been lying and he really hasn't dated that much at all.

• Love 6

I think that Chris is pretty attractive.  I think that character is much more important. though.  The fact that he's never been married might cause me a little alarm, but, not as much as if he had been divorced a couple of times due to poor interpersonal skills or other issues.    

• Love 2

" Good people can have this issue. She may not break plates or throw things, but, according to her family, she has a problem that is severe enough for others to comment on. " So we have one incidence and therefore she has a severe problem? Again under this criteria, my entire family is as in need of serious psychological counseling for our severe rage issues as Amy. I've cited multiple examples of Matt visibly losing his temper and can cite several more, and I can cite examples of the kids questioning whether inviting Amy will set Daddy Matt off. I trust that means he has a serious problem - as people have spoken of it on the show at least onnce - and needs to get himself into counseling to address it as it is clearly a severe issue?

• Love 10
(edited)

I think Chris is attractive too.  I am more interested in who is is as a person.  Just because he has not been married does not seem odd to me but that might be because the male peeps in my family married very late.  

I will add I don't see Amy with rage issues.  

Edited by Jellybeans
added one more line
  • Love 5

I don't think Chris is particularly attractive, but that's in the eye of the beholder. I agree with all who said his character would be most important thing.

I think his never being married is a bit of a red flag, but I'd have to know his story & hear from others who know him well before making a judgement.

I don't see Amy with a 'rage' issue either; maybe she just doesn't hold back. I'd rather that than the passive aggressive crap. I also wish she had countered Chris with some issue of his own. Either that wasn't shown, or, he didn't ask for her input. If he didn't ask, that's another red flag. And I would be concerned he's wanting someone who won't share uncomfortable feelings with him, which would not make him good relationship material.

Amy is definitely acting too 'wifey' with him. She just came out of a not so great marriage & really needs time to get her self esteem in order as it sounds like years of Matt have torn it down.

But I'm still suspicious this is all a set up story line. It just seemed to happen too fast & too easily.

• Love 4

Not sure what you mean by acting wifey.  If it is because she cooked for him, well that is who Amy is.  I think she cooks all the time...her single woman fridge has more food in it than we do as a couple.  

Some of us (I was one) don't need time when moving on.  When the marriage is dead, it is dead.  I did not wait.  :-)

Passive-aggressive Matt would send me into a "rage" lol.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

Not sure what you mean by acting wifey.  If it is because she cooked for him, well that is who Amy is.

Yes & true. She does seem to be trying so hard to impress him though. He's getting a lot out of her - sex, food, (screen time) - will she do his laundry next?  I guess it's just me but I'd not be pampering so much. She may feel quite used when it's over (I think it's a 'when' unfortunately).

Some of us (I was one) don't need time when moving on.  When the marriage is dead, it is dead.  I did not wait.  :-)

If you are out 'in tact', so to speak, then way to go!  If you've been cut down, or have self esteem issues, there's a risk of choosing the same kind of relationship, if not worse.

Passive-aggressive Matt would send me into a "rage" lol.

Yeah for real. It struck me when she said he always catches her off guard, like having her over to talk about the new babies, but then throwing things she should've done by now at her. From what she said this is how he operates. I would just say 'send me a text' & be done with talking to someone like that.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8

Amy telling Matt to shove it up his ass at Thanksgiving dinner was a bit awkward. That's one example of her losing her cool that I recall.

Oh and at the gender reveal after she and Caryn hugged in the kitchen, and Amy flew out of the room, was interesting. I don't even remember where she ended up but I thought, geez  she can move, lol.

• Love 6

I don't blame Amy for Thanksgiving.  The kids were claiming to do the cooking and he was doing his best Matt needling Amy passive aggressive whining bitch moves to make it seem all her fault.  She could have handled it better, but Matt knew exactly what he was doing. 

• Love 7

I  don't blame Amy for any outbursts the last several years. She's at the age when hormones go crazy. She's been going through a nasty divorce she didn't want. At least one of her kids has openly turned on her and is trying to take her house. And her nasty, passive aggressive ex that needles and goads her every chance he gets. I'd be looking for a place to hide the body.

If Chris doesn't understand this he's just a taller Matt and needs to go.

• Love 12

Yeah, lets all remember that the Thanksgiving set up was Matt planking his ass down at the empty dining room table and loudly noting that he was told by Amy that dinner was at 6:30pm and he's at the table and there's no dinner and isn't that just like Amy to screw dinner up? I mean, that wasn't gentle and always meek Matt ducking his head and trembling in terror at the very idea of provoking Amy. It also wasn't respectful to Amy, or the kids or the guests, but Amy said "blow it out your ass" so poor widdle precious Matt is the victim and even though his own behavior was atrocious and rude, Amy gets the blame ... mostly because the kids are too afraid of how Matt reacts to being called on his shit to actually confront him.

• Love 14
(edited)

Lots of great posts here and I don't have much to add but a few random thoughts:

I don't think "it's weird" that Chris has never been married but that is because I am a married woman who has no kids and I know that a lot of people think that "is weird" about me so I am admittedly very quick to defend anyone who has personal aspects of their life that are not considered "the norm."  

As to whether or not Amy is or isn't attractive, as a bang wearer, I can say that I would die for her bangs.  They are perfect.  (Most of the time)  I have major bang envy.

Audrey needs to dial the warpaint gun down about 100 notches because she is wearing way too much makeup.  Holy Cripes.  The eyebrow makeup alone is frightening.  I cannot even imagine how much more unnatural and ridonculous looking it is in real life.

The scenes with Sully were sad.  Especially when Zach & Tori were out walking with him and they were talking about how they would soon be walking with a stroller and Zach said how they could tie Sully to it.  (Tori was like, yeah, no, we can't do that but it was sad all the same.)

My favourite part of the episode was when Tori asked Zach what the hardest part of the pregnancy has been for him and he said "seeing you be so uncomfortable."  That was so sweet and spoke volumes about him as a man and as a husband and I just thought it was awesome. 

P.S. and by the way, I am on major baby watch and cannot wait until I hear they have had their baby.  I wish nothing but the best for this sweet couple!

Edited by Cementhead
Spelled Zach's name incorrectly.
  • Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Lots of great posts here and I don't have much to add but a few random thoughts:

I don't think "it's weird" that Chris has never been married but that is because I am a married woman who has no kids and I know that a lot of people think that "is weird" about me so I am admittedly very quick to defend anyone who has personal aspects of their life that are not considered "the norm."  

As to whether or not Amy is or isn't attractive, as a bang wearer, I can say that I would die for her bangs.  They are perfect.  (Most of the time)  I have major bang envy.

Audrey needs to dial the warpaint gun down about 100 notches because she is wearing way too much makeup.  Holy Cripes.  The eyebrow makeup alone is frightening.  I cannot even imagine how much more unnatural and ridonculous looking it is in real life.

The scenes with Sully were sad.  Especially when Zach & Tori were out walking with him and they were talking about how they would soon be walking with a stroller and Zach said how they could tie Sully to it.  (Tori was like, yeah, no, we can't do that but it was sad all the same.)

My favourite part of the episode was when Tori asked Zach what the hardest part of the pregnancy has been for him and he said "seeing you be so uncomfortable."  That was so sweet and spoke volumes about him as a man and as a husband and I just thought it was awesome. 

P.S. and by the way, I am on major baby watch and cannot wait until I hear they have had their baby.  I wish nothing but the best for this sweet couple!

I like all of your post, particularly the second paragraph. As someone who has never wanted kids, when I was in my early 20's (I will be 60 this year) this was considered to be very odd, and many people were quite vocally negative about my preference. I was told more than once that I was selfish for not wanting children. Lol. I would usually reply that wanting children so that you would be looked after in your old age (as I was also told by some of these people) was not only selfish, but quite likely not going to happen. Many people also assumed I had a terrible childhood whereas I had a wonderful childhood and the best parents one could have. I feel I was born without a biological clock and have never regretted not having kids. If I had to go through life without animals though? That would have been tragic. Oddly enough within a decade and a half, likely half of the women I worked with felt the same way with regards to kids, and it was much more accepted by then. 

Chris may be someone who has never wanted kids, therefore had no need to find a mate and settle down. I find that much more admirable than those who choose a mate who is obviously wrong for them, just to pop out some kids. Or people that keep marrying and divorcing because they keep choosing the wrong person, because they can't be alone. I have friends and relatives who are in their 40's and 50's and are either on their 3rd marriage or 3rd divorce. 

Edited to add - someone upthread mentioned that Chris could be considered desirable because he has no ex or kids. You would not believe how many people have told my husband in the 20 years we have been together how lucky he is that I have no baggage in the form of an ex or kids. Lol. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5

I was grossed out when they showed Zach and Tori drinking milk out of the cereal bowl. Nasty.  I realize a lot of people do it, but something about it makes me sick.

• Love 4

I don't "blame" Amy for being pissed at that Thanksgiving dinner. It was just an example that came to mind. I kind of wish sometimes I had opened my mouth with my ex and came right out with what was in my thoughts. I'd probably still be going off, and it's been 7 years since the divorce was final!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Edited 17 hours ago by Cementhead. Reason: Spelled Zach's name incorrectly.

Oh, no, what happened with Sully?

9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

He went to to the Rainbow Bridge.  He was diagnosed with a fast-moving cancer, and passed away within a week.  

Thanks for the response. He was such a beautiful dog. So sad

• Love 2

I don't necessarily think it's odd that Chris has never married--but I would be interested in his past. It could be red flags if he can never sustain a long term relationship. But if he has been in several and just never wanted to marry, then thats ok. It could be normal but could also speak volumes about him and relationships. 

I was soooooo pissed when he told her about her "flash" of anger and it being a hot button issue. He basically told her something negative about herself. And how he won't tolerate it. Ok, so now I want to see Amy tell him something shitty that she doesn't like about him. Ugh. Maybe it was the editing, and I am no big fan of Amy but it was uncomfortable. 

Audrey totally got pregnant on purpose as soon as they found out about Zach and Tori. The timing is so obvious. Tori announced her pregnancy at the end of November and lo and behold Audrey gets pregnant in December---like the very next menstrual cycle. Competitive much?

I feel like by now in the pregnancy they might know if the baby will be a little person.  They kind of hinted the possibility with that ultrasound and the head being slightly larger than limbs.  The technician said they could tell more later...so I feel sure they might have an idea. I wish them the best of luck though. 

And what does Zach do for a living? Is it just filming? I know Tori is a teacher...but i don't think Zach completed college? 

Oh--and last thing--I did not like Caryn much. I mean I think it's great for Matt to find love, but she seems kind of bitchy. I was ok with her being at that gender reveal too. It was not just for family, they had lots of friends, etc. it wasn't that intimate. And I was kind of irritated Amy tried to make it a big deal and she wouldn't bring Chris. I doubt Chris would want to come. And he hasn't met her kids yet? Obviously that would not be a great first time for that. Duh. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, zenme said:

I was grossed out when they showed Zach and Tori drinking milk out of the cereal bowl. Nasty.  I realize a lot of people do it, but something about it makes me sick.

Oops.  I drink out of my bowl too.  It is too hard to drink milk with a spoon.  I give them a pass since they were at home.

But...I have never done that on TV or in public.    

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

He went to to the Rainbow Bridge.  He was diagnosed with a fast-moving cancer, and passed away within a week.  

Oh dear. (Sad smiley face) Thanks for posting that. So sad for them as he was a well loved member of the family. 

• Love 2

And I was kind of irritated Amy tried to make it a big deal and she wouldn't bring Chris. I doubt Chris would want to come. And he hasn't met her kids yet? Obviously that would not be a great first time for that. Duh. 

I think Amy said that about not inviting Chris, because she knew Caryn was going to be there. That way she looked good while she hoped Matt wouldn't, imo of course.

I thought we saw Chis meet at least Jeremy, I don't remember if he met Zach.

On 5/10/2017 at 8:28 AM, bichonblitz said:

So many thoughts on this episode. 

1. Jer and Auj could not stand that they were not the 1st ones to get pregnant. I don't believe the minute they found out about Zac and Tori, they weren't humping like rabbits to get pregnant, too.

2. Jer and Auj tell Matt first, then go to Zac and Tori, then Amy is the last to know? Ouch!

3. I don't like that Chris is making Amy feel like she can't be herself. That's the kiss of death in a relationship. Now she's going to worry every time she raises her voice or maybe isn't in such a great mood. It's called life, asshole, people are going to have feelings and moods. As long as you talk about it to your partner, it will work out. It's no wonder this guy has never been married.  He wants perfection in a flawed world as if he is so perfect himself. I wish she would stop hanging on him and touching him all the time. He does not reciprocate. Play it a little cool, Amy, and stop asking him how he is feeling about you and the relationship. Just let it happen. Or in this case, just let it not happen. 

4. I'm no biologist, but is it true that Jer and Auj have "very little chance" of having a dwarf? Doesn't Jer carry the gene? Both his parents and his twin brother are all little people. Both sets of grandparents are average size yet had dwarf babies. I must be missing something. 

Chris has never been married? At his age? That's a big red flag right there, at least IMO. Men like this are usually WAY too picky, and there are good reasons for never being married, although they may talk a good game about wanting to be. As far as Amy's 'rage issues', I don't see screaming or that kind of thing, but she has been very cutting and sarcastic at times. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/11/2017 at 3:33 AM, Ina123 said:

Add push present to that too. LOL @ folderol. I haven't heard that in awhile. 

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

And I was kind of irritated Amy tried to make it a big deal and she wouldn't bring Chris. I doubt Chris would want to come. And he hasn't met her kids yet? Obviously that would not be a great first time for that. Duh. 

I'm Team Amy all the way on this one. Unlike Matt, she understood the spotlight was intended for Tori and Zach.

When I dated after my divorce, I didn't introduce anyone to my kids until things became serious with my now-husband. They had been through a lot with the divorce, and it made much more sense to me to keep things separate. 

Edited by Literata
  • Love 8
On 5/11/2017 at 10:11 AM, gunderda said:

At first I thought he was a pretty good looking guy, but the more we see him I think he's probably more 'dorky'.  Anyone can look badass in a motorcycle jacket and boots.  His casual wear is really lacking and he sometimes looks like hasn't gone shopping since the early 90s. 

Him saying that was kind of a red flag to me too.  And probably a reason why he's never been married.  He either hates confrontation or he doesn't want someone to get mad at him ever.  So he probably breaks up with someone before they get comfortable enough to get in arguments.  Or he's been lying and he really hasn't dated that much at all.

I keep trying to imagine Chris' experience suddenly on a reality show, being analyzed for appearance and personality. I think the discussion is fine, he put himself there. But I do wonder what it feels like.

Oh my gosh on Sully's passing! They took him on the babymoon didn't they? They included him in every trip. Was he very old? He sure did not seem old or sick....he was romping around like a pup all the time. It makes me tear up!

Zach was so cute walking out of the Dr's office, did anyone else catch him say he'd put the ultrasound pics in her purse?....and he was carrying it for her! He loves Tori so much. My husband wouldn't be caught dead doing that, God forbid on camera!!!

• Love 8
On 5/12/2017 at 3:07 PM, ginger90 said:

I thought we saw Chis meet at least Jeremy,

He did meet Jeremy and Auj as they were walking from or to Amy's house and Chris and Amy were outside getting ready to get on his motorcycle. It was one of their dates in the very beginning of the relationship. Awkward as hell, too. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

Oh my gosh on Sully's passing! They took him on the babymoon didn't they? They included him in every trip. Was he very old? He sure did not seem old or sick....he was romping around like a pup all the time. It makes me tear up!

Zach was so cute walking out of the Dr's office, did anyone else catch him say he'd put the ultrasound pics in her purse?....and he was carrying it for her! He loves Tori so much. My husband wouldn't be caught dead doing that, God forbid on camera!!!

I'm not completely sure about this, but for some reason I think he was 4 years old.  I don't know if I read it somewhere or what.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:20 PM, peaceknit said:

LOL @ folderol. I haven't heard that in awhile. 

Probably used it as a result of my recent binge watching of Call the Midwife.

• Love 1
On 5/10/2017 at 10:16 PM, Literata said:

Tori and Audry were doing a talk to the camera scene, twins were present.  Tori described not wanting to set Amy off, because she can really go off.  Something to that effect.  Twins agreed.  They weren't trashing her, just saying, she can go off if she's not pleased with something. (In my world, that's not something that is said casually.  I think the fact it came from Tori lends it more credibility.)  Later, there was another reference, but, can't recall the details. I'd have to rewatch it.  I had previously thought that she only went off on Matt, but, as it turns out, it's others too.

Often, people with rage issues only do it with certain people.  Like they may never do it at work, but, do it a lot at home. Others will do it, with close friends, but, not casual friends.  I've seen both types.  It's usually not about a big thing.  For example, a total meltdown if the dishwasher is not loaded to their satisfaction.  Or, beating your car with a ball bat, when someone cuts you off in traffic.  I've seen both of those from adult men.  lol  I'm not kidding. We may never know to what degree that Amy goes off.  If it's really an issue, I do hope she gets help, because, it's a handicap.  Healthy anger serves a purpose.  

So, Amy's friends may not have witnessed what the family has seen.  I hope that if they have, they are honest with her.  Being yourself is awesome, but, demonstrating anger that is off the top....  I suppose we'll see how this pans out. 

(edited)

I just watched the cabin episode. I don't see much chemistry between Amy and Chris. They seem awkward and forced, and I just kept thinking about how weird it must be for the kids to watch it. I don't know how far Amy's temper goes, but if Chris is already raising a red flag then maybe they just aren't compatible.

It's so obvious that Jeremy and Audrey rushed to get pregnant out of competition with Zach and Tori.  Now it's slowly dawning on them that they have to support a child. They seem super bored and annoyed with each other.

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Love 7