Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, readheaded said:

Wow, that's quite an accusation.

I said "MOST LIKELY". NOT definitely. Amy and Chris can sue me if they want.😊

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4
On 6/7/2022 at 4:27 PM, LilyD said:

I don’t like Zach at all, but the fact is that his dad can be a huge asshole with an even bigger ego. Matt may not always be right, but he is certainly never wrong. Also, that man can be so incredibly mean! Just look back random episodes: The down grading things he said to Amy, his continuous jabs at Zach and Jer…. It was clear he said it to hurt or upset the others. 

On so many occasions I thought “If my husband or dad treated me like that, I would show them the door and tell them not to come back! So, yes, I totally believe Tori here. 

Matt never takes ownership of his bad decisions or things he says that are hurtful or just tone deaf. Did he or Caryn ever apologize for their affair behind Amy's back? Did Matt ever express any guilt feelings over Jacob's molestation by a TLC crew member or his neglect of Jacob? In this current issue between him and Zach he seems to put the blame for the collapse of the negotiation and subsequent fallout all on Zach. According to him, Zach wouldn't pony up more $$$ for the family farm that he (Matt) was so adamant be left to his kids (one or more of the kids) to keep as a family legacy for all the grandchildren. According to Matt, Zach was unreasonable and emotional. Matt was being reasonable and measured in his behavior and nuance....just ask his head cheerleader, Caryn! Now I understand why Matt's mother, father and siblings don't have much to do with him.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Matt never takes ownership of his bad decisions or things he says that are hurtful or just tone deaf. Did he or Caryn ever apologize for their affair behind Amy's back? Did Matt ever express any guilt feelings over Jacob's molestation by a TLC crew member or his neglect of Jacob? In this current issue between him and Zach he seems to put the blame for the collapse of the negotiation and subsequent fallout all on Zach. According to him, Zach wouldn't pony up more $$$ for the family farm that he (Matt) was so adamant be left to his kids (one or more of the kids) to keep as a family legacy for all the grandchildren. According to Matt, Zach was unreasonable and emotional. Matt was being reasonable and measured in his behavior and nuance....just ask his head cheerleader, Caryn! Now I understand why Matt's mother, father and siblings don't have much to do with him.

Matt’s parents don’t have much to do with him? I thought they just weren’t on the show because they wanted to get paid or paid more.  What happened? 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

According to Matt, Zach was unreasonable and emotional. Matt was being reasonable and measured in his behavior and nuance....

I can see Zach being emotional, and depending on his level of shock at what Matt was expecting to be paid, I'm sure Matt felt Zach was unreasonable in not simply agreeing. 

Now, if it was business meeting and all business, a lot of Matt's behavior is really unprofessional and unbusinesslike both in the meeting and since. For example - if its business and money and no emotions - why was Matt in any way discussing Zach's ability to "run the farm"? Tory was pretty clear that some ugly things were said to Zach in that meeting. That isn't professional or business like at all. Its a land sale. If the new owner wants to tear down everything and plant weed, that's not Matt's concern or business once Matt accepts payment. 

Since then? Matt is very public on tv stating someone whose name is known to the audience was NOT an acceptable buyer because Matt feels they aren't capable of running the property to his standards and Matt is relieved to not sell to them. This is not professional or businesslike at all. 

If this is how he treats his son then how is he going to be with a new owner who doesn't do as Matt wants? 

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Matt’s parents don’t have much to do with him? I thought they just weren’t on the show because they wanted to get paid or paid more.  What happened? 

They moved to California. How could they ask for more money when they were hardly on at all? 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

They moved to California. How could they ask for more money when they were hardly on at all? 

That’s why I thought they weren’t on it anymore because they wanted to be paid or paid more.  You said they didn’t really have much to do with Matt and I hadn’t heard anything about that so I thought I missed something because I went years without watching the show.  I thought you meant they and Matt had some sort if falling out or something?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

That’s why I thought they weren’t on it anymore because they wanted to be paid or paid more.  You said they didn’t really have much to do with Matt and I hadn’t heard anything about that so I missed something because I went years without watching the show.  I thought you meant they and Matt had some sort if falling out or something?

Matt and Caryn see his parents all the time and they’re doing just fine.

4B420515-BD49-4F26-A954-2DC975517FCD.jpeg

• Love 8

I think Mateo is probably a cute baby and will grow into a good looking guy. His parents have nice hair, good eyebrows, good bone structure, nice smiles. I like that they're not making a spectacle of him. No exclusive pics in People magazine. J&I might be a bit eclectic but so far, I'm liking their protective approach with the kid.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Honestly, this episode was hard to watch, as much as I love a good snark.  If ANY of this is real as opposed to "reality tee-vee," this is a tragedy unfolding before our eyes with little J being deprived of not only the people and places he has loved for the last year of his life (probably the only one he'll vaguely remember up until now), but also a positive role model in his successful and positive little person grandfather.  Did Z&T REALLY have to drag him away just as he was having fun with Grandpa and Cha-Cha; he could go play in the sandbox for a minute because why; Tori had to get home to wash her hair?  Matt nailed it with "they don't want him to have too much fun at the farm anymore."  As for Tori plopping Lilah on the marble counter above the tile floor like a sack of flour, that could mean one of two bad things: Tori is a negligent mother and/or she knows Lilah won't move a muscle.  Is there a reason other than vengeance that Tori had to hold both kids far away on the other side of the room when Grandpa visited; does he have cooties?  Re: Jackson's surgery, when Zach is rightly freaking out about having dropped the ball by delaying it, all Tori can say is that "it's the lesser of the two procedures."  Yeah, and it quite likely won't even work.  Why tell Jackson "we're going to fix your crooked legs" when no change will be visible for years, if ever?  And it's "fibula," Tori; not "fibia"...  Then when Matt makes a second drive up in two days to gift them a $10k mower, she can't even walk outside and say "hello" and "thank you"?  Finally, as for Amy, she is LOVING this redemption arc!  She didn't even know where J's things were kept when Lilah was born because Z&T didn't approve of her, and now she's the GOAT (greatest of all time grandma).  Nice job imitating Cha-Cha's playfulness.  I can also see her loving rubbing it in Matt's face every time she sees the kids and they don't going forward.  This level of meanness is just unpleasant.

Ugh!

Is everyone clear on Zach's offer?  From what I understand, he offered just slightly more (for appreciation/inflation) than what Amy was paid by Matt.

Does everyone understand that Amy and Matt CO-OWNED that property?

So Matt only bought out Amy's SHARE of the value; that's HALF the value.

Therefore, the actual value was TWICE that four years ago, and house values have doubled or tripled since then, especially in the PNW, making the property worth roughly 4-5 times what Matt paid Amy. 

He got three current appraisals (in writing, I'm sure), averaged them, THEN took some off the top as a family discount.

Zach's offer wasn't even in the same galaxy as its true value, and he's pi$$ed. 

Although we've gone astray with posts about J&I and Matt's parents on the episode thread, I'm happy to see and hear that they're all together in Arizona.  Enjoy!!!

Edited by Dibs
  • Love 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, Dibs said:

And it's "fibula," Tori; not "fibia"... 

It seems like everyone on the show says fustrating too. 

2 hours ago, Dibs said:

Is everyone clear on Zach's offer?  From what I understand, he offered just slightly more (for appreciation/inflation) than what Amy was paid by Matt.

Never mind you made the same points in the following paragraphs.

Edited by MrBuhBye
On 6/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

I have noticed that Lilah is mostly ignored...I don't see Zach and Tori interacting with her at all. They pick her up and then plop her down on pavement or the floor and then proceed to ignore her and and engage completely with Jackson. Lilah seems to be non verbal and in her own world. At first I thought she might be on the Spectrum but then I saw that the Zach and Tori barely talk to her. It's all about Jackson, Jackson, Jackson. Very sad...she seems like a sweet little girl.

This. Just like when Matt was visiting, Tori came in and plopped her on the kitchen counter and ignored her. She didn't even face her towards everyone else, she plopped her down with her back to everyone! No wonder the kid can't talk and cries when anyone comes near her. I won't be surprised if she ends off with serious social issues due to Zack and Tori's neglect.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 7
On 6/2/2022 at 1:11 PM, Adiba said:

I actually think it’s healthy that they moved. There were too many expectations and emotions on both sides. Zach and Tori would have become further involved with Matt if they bought the farm. That, imo, would have only lead to more issues down the line. They didn’t move across the country or to another country—a 45 minute/ 1 hour drive is not that bad.

I moved an hour and a half away from my parents right before our first child was born and our kids definitely saw their grandparents a lot growing up (and not just holidays, either). Now, with technology,  Zach and Tori can do virtual visits as well.

Yeah, I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about the distance either. Growing up, my grandparents lived about 45 mins - 1 hr away and we saw them often. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, PlygPigs said:

Yeah, I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about the distance either. Growing up, my grandparents lived about 45 mins - 1 hr away and we saw them often. 

Z&T really showed them! 😉

• LOL 10

I know next to nothing about genetics, but it seems odd that all three of Zit's children are dwarves. Did they just loose the genetic lottery or is Zach going to try and claim some sort of super sperm?

37 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

I know next to nothing about genetics, but it seems odd that all three of Zit's children are dwarves. Did they just loose the genetic lottery or is Zach going to try and claim some sort of super sperm?

I think it’s a 50/50 chance each time. But it’s not cumulative.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

This episode shows that Zach and Tori can't carry the show.  Not a lot of interest in Lilah's birthday or Jackson's surgery.

Yep, we need the buddy show that is Matt and Chris.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Wow only one comment so far. Did anyone watch last night? Tori and Zack need to be told that it is not cool to invite someone to their home especialy one's parents and then be inhospitable. Tori is a nasty mean woman. Then Matt brings Christmas gifts and Tori is "taking a nap." Evidently Matt wasn't invited into the house. He had to stay in the garage to visit Jackson and Zack. Even Amy looked pretty pissed off when Madam Tori announced that they were staying by themselves during the Christmas holidays. I think if I were Amy I might have said that sounds like a good plan stay home and pout some more. That really helps the situation. These two are insufferable. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 20
(edited)

I didn't understand why Zach and Tori didn't take Amy up on her invitation. Matt and Caryn were going to be in AZ, so it wasn't because they would be there. In addition to their problems with Matt and Caryn, I guess they are also having problems with other members of the family. I noticed that Jeremy or Jacob weren't at Lilah's birthday party. It seems like there’s a lot of tension going on in the Roloff family.

Edited by Libby
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Not a fan of Cha-Cha’s outfit. The hat was particularly distracting.

On another note, the mention of Matt paying for plane tickets to have Amy & Chris visit them in AZ…

083BE3FB-55E4-43BE-AA48-092A5FF13D81.jpeg

Edited by Cancun
  • LOL 2
43 minutes ago, Libby said:

I didn't understand why Zach and Tori didn't take Amy up on her invitation. Matt and Caryn were going to be in AZ, so it wasn't because they would be there. In addition to their problems with Matt and Caryn, I guess they are also having problems with other members of the family. I noticed that Jeremy or Jacob weren't at Lilah's birthday party. It seems like there’s a lot of tension going on in the Roloff family.

I think Tori is a little ticked off at Amy also. Amy didn't rail against Matt over the farm situation so she is probably holding that against her. But not enough to prevent her from asking Amy to keep the kids over night when they need a baby sitter.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Caryn and Matt have been very good to Jackson and Lilah. I surely hate to see that broken. 

I always tell my kids ‘the more people that love you the happier you will be so be kind’!

2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I think Tori is a little ticked off at Amy also. Amy didn't rail against Matt over the farm situation so she is probably holding that against her. But not enough to prevent her from asking Amy to keep the kids over night when they need a baby sitter.  

I wonder why Tori’s mother never watches the kids!

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Libby said:

I didn't understand why Zach and Tori didn't take Amy up on her invitation. Matt and Caryn were going to be in AZ, so it wasn't because they would be there. In addition to their problems with Matt and Caryn, I guess they are also having problems with other members of the family.

Thats an interesting assumption, that they are having problems with other members of the family. I assumed one of two things. They already committed to doing something with Tory's family and or they're reaching that age, especially with multiple kids, new house, wife pregnant, one kid recovering from surgery, where they wanted to establish their own holiday traditions. I suspect its the first and they didn't want to be all "nope, tory's family this year" while saying no.

If Jeremy and Audrey weren't there, it might be because they had Radley born a little over a week earlier. Don't blame them for not showing. Since then, the twins and families seem to be on good term, they went to an air show together for Jackson's birthday per instagram. 

• Love 5

I love Jackson!  He is well spoken, funny and a trooper with that surgery.  Lilah is coming out with a little more personality now.  Nice to see her not have separation anxiety being away from her parents.  

It is very obvious Jackson adores his Cha Cha!  He doesn’t give the same greetings to Amy.  

Zach and Tori need to grow up and stop feeling entitled.   

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

It is very obvious Jackson adores his Cha Cha!  He doesn’t give the same greetings to Amy.  

Really? I thought he showed much love for Amy when he had the sleepover at her house and had a great time there. 

3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Even Amy looked pretty pissed off when Madam Tori announced that they were staying by themselves during the Christmas holidays.

Yes! She was seething. It was edited kind of weird, too. Amy said something like "Oh, and you tell everybody except grandma?" It was a strange comment but damn she was not happy. They could have easily compromised and spent Christmas Eve at Amy's and Chirstmas Day alone at their house with the kids. Tori is such a bitch and Zach goes along with everything she wants. 

I think some of the other siblings may have been at Lilah's party. Jer and Aud refuse to be filmed and I think the same for Jacob. They want nothing to do with the show. The same for Amy's wedding. They were all there but not filmed for the show. 

• Love 6
(edited)

It's been obvious in recent seasons just how much Jackson prefers Cha-Cha to Amy, but now we're in revisionist history mode.  Jackson, being only 4 or 5, will soon forget all the fun he used to have on the farm (the actual farm; not Zach's wasteland) and will only have memories of "fun with Mimi."  Amy is evidently the ONLY one qualified to babysit the kids (unless Tori's mother does it off camera); maybe they use her exclusively so the former sitters will be sure to hear about it, now that the exes and new partners are all friends, and be hurt by it, which I'm sure is the whole point. Matt not handing over that farm parcel to Zach for 1/4 of its actual value evidently puts M&C on a par with thieves, bank robbers, child molesters, and serial killers.  I also never noticed Chris showing much interest until now; suddenly he's a grandpa!

I'm not surprised Matt was relegated to the garage when he came to deliver Christmas presents; I suspect Matt wasn't SUPPOSED to breach the sanctum sanctorum when he delivered the mower, either, but Zach made the fatal error of letting him in the house, and Tori was pi$$ed!  Hence the holding the kids back and death stares at Zach who was nervously looking from one to the other.  My sense is that Zach is the peace-lover who is ready to move on since, as he admits, he's happy with the move, and Tori is the one stoking the fires of this feud.  It's entirely possible that the whole reason she married Zach was to become Queen Bee of the Farm one day (even if only subconsciously), and her "dream has died," but it's not going quietly into that good night.  Tori is indeed a mean, "small," spiteful, overgrown kid.  She should be ashamed to have this side of her shown on tee-vee.  Or maybe this was always the real Tori who was just "keeping it sweet" to kiss up to the keepers of the flame in hopes of getting a sweet deal.

She also needs to man up when the kids have surgeries, which they will have plenty of, especially if she keeps "popping out" more.  You don't show your squeamishness and nervousness and you don't bribe kids with toys to do what they're supposed to do in regards to recovery.  Clearly Jackson was able to walk after all and was just milking it!  The smart little boy knows his parents...  

My heart is breaking for Matt, Cha-Cha, and most of all for little Jackson who doesn't understand why he can't see his beloved Cha-Cha or "go up to Arizona" like always...  Somehow I don't think Zach's "adventures" to the boring city park will quite cut it.

I thought J seemed depressed this episode.  I'm sure he's grieving for the loved ones he saw every day (as Zach said, "for something to do with him") and now will see once a month if even that.  What Z&T is doing is petty, sadistic, abusive, and just plain ugly.

As for Amy's Christmas, don't worry about her.  Zach was already backpedaling on that before she left the house!  After all, they probably hope to hit HER up for money next; gotta "keep sweet."

Edited by Dibs
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Jackson seems to like most people. He's a very cheerful, warm kid. I don't think it really matters who he likes more. He seems to enjoy being around both of his grandparents and their significant others which is nice.

In my opinion Tori is allowed to decide who comes into her house and who is around her children. We don't know what was said in that meeting. We have no idea how bad or insulting the conversation was. It's hard to know if Tori and Zach are overreacting without knowing exactly what was said in the meeting. Whether she's overreacting or not, they're her kids, it's her house, so she gets to make the decisions.

Edited by Libby
  • Love 7

Lol hit Amy up for money???  That would be a snowball  in hell. Amy keeps her purse closed!

They don’t seem to even expect anything from Amy. 

From Matt they want the world on top of everything he has already given them. 

None of them work. Gentlemen farmers. Lol

10 minutes ago, Libby said:

Jackson seems to like most people. He's a very cheerful, warm kid. I don't think it really matters who he likes more. He seems to enjoy being around both of his grandparents and their significant others which is nice.

In my opinion Tori is allowed to decide who comes into her house and who is around her children. We don't know what was said in that meeting. We have no idea how bad or insulting the conversation was. It's hard to know if Tori and Zach are overreacting without knowing exactly what was said in the meeting. Whether she's overreacting or not, they're her kids, it's her house, so she gets to make the decisions.

Doctor’s and counselors offices are full of people who’s mother got to make bad decisions for them!

Take a number!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, Libby said:

Well said. Its her house, so its her rules. No one appears to be restricted from coming to visit. Even if she's overreacting, or "being ungrateful" or not getting over it to Matt's liking.... at the end of the day, its her house and the kids are her and Zach's kids. If that means they don't see Matt daily on Matt's farm, that's how this particular cookie crumbles.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Libby said:

Well it's seems OK for Matt to come over and deliver and an expensive riding lawn mower and to drop off christmas gifts for the kids. But he is not to come in the house?  If Tori is so offended by Matt then maybe she shouldn't accept his generosity. Just say thanks dad but we prefer to buy our own lawn mower. I  would be devastated if my son in law told my daughter that I was not allowed in their house. And I would be even more devastated if my daughter went along with him. I have one thing to say to Tori, karma is a bitch and what goes around comes around.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I have one thing to say to Tori, karma is a bitch and what goes around comes around.

There are at least two sides to every story.  This may well be what is happening.  We didn't get to witness the precipitating event so all we have to go on is supposition and what has been put out by people with a bias.

As QEII has said recollections may vary.  I'm standing by with a salt shaker.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Dibs said:

It's been obvious in recent seasons just how much Jackson prefers Cha-Cha to Amy, but now we're in revisionist history mode.  Jackson, being only 4 or 5, will soon forget all the fun he used to have on the farm (the actual farm; not Zach's wasteland) and will only have memories of "fun with Mimi."  Amy is evidently the ONLY one qualified to babysit the kids (unless Tori's mother does it off camera); maybe they use her exclusively so the former sitters will be sure to hear about it, now that the exes and new partners are all friends, and be hurt by it, which I'm sure is the whole point. Matt not handing over that farm parcel to Zach for 1/4 of its actual value evidently puts M&C on a par with thieves, bank robbers, child molesters, and serial killers.  I also never noticed Chris showing much interest until now; suddenly he's a grandpa!

I'm not surprised Matt was relegated to the garage when he came to deliver Christmas presents; I suspect Matt wasn't SUPPOSED to breach the sanctum sanctorum when he delivered the mower, either, but Zach made the fatal error of letting him in the house, and Tori was pi$$ed!  Hence the holding the kids back and death stares at Zach who was nervously looking from one to the other.  My sense is that Zach is the peace-lover who is ready to move on since, as he admits, he's happy with the move, and Tori is the one stoking the fires of this feud.  It's entirely possible that the whole reason she married Zach was to become Queen Bee of the Farm one day (even if only subconsciously), and her "dream has died," but it's not going quietly into that good night.  Tori is indeed a mean, "small," spiteful, overgrown kid.  She should be ashamed to have this side of her shown on tee-vee.  Or maybe this was always the real Tori who was just "keeping it sweet" to kiss up to the keepers of the flame in hopes of getting a sweet deal.

She also needs to man up when the kids have surgeries, which they will have plenty of, especially if she keeps "popping out" more.  You don't show your squeamishness and nervousness and you don't bribe kids with toys to do what they're supposed to do in regards to recovery.  Clearly Jackson was able to walk after all and was just milking it!  The smart little boy knows his parents...  

My heart is breaking for Matt, Cha-Cha, and most of all for little Jackson who doesn't understand why he can't see his beloved Cha-Cha or "go up to Arizona" like always...  Somehow I don't think Zach's "adventures" to the boring city park will quite cut it.

I thought J seemed depressed this episode.  I'm sure he's grieving for the loved ones he saw every day (as Zach said, "for something to do with him") and now will see once a month if even that.  What Z&T is doing is petty, sadistic, abusive, and just plain ugly.

As for Amy's Christmas, don't worry about her.  Zach was already backpedaling on that before she left the house!  After all, they probably hope to hit HER up for money next; gotta "keep sweet."

This!  You nailed it 👍🏻

• Love 6
(edited)

Just a few thoughts after last night's episode:

Lilah's birthday party...what sweet, affectionate little girl. She just melted my heart when she came out in her little dress for the party. When she went into Jackson's room and kissed him after his surgery was another sweet moment. She doesn't have the same personality as her brother...he's boisterous, extremely active and owns the room when he's in it. She's not verbal yet but I think even when she is she will be a quiet girl who is less demanding of attention. As for the party itself...where were Jeremy and Audrey and their kids? Ditto for Jacob and Molly? I was stunned that Zach's twin brother who lives near Roloff Farm did not come with his kids, Jackson's cousins. Did they have a falling out too? It just seemed weird to me that they weren't there and there was no mention of them. I did read last year that Molly and Tori don't get along...doesn't mean the cousins can't see each other at a birthday party...weird.

Zach and Tori...I have to say, I was heartbroken last night about Murphy and the way he is treated by Zach and the lack of love and attention that beautiful dog gets. When Murphy went over to the fireplace area by Zach (wagging his tail), Zach raised his voice and "Get, get out!"...Zach has always disliked pets, especially dogs. That poor dog is so sweet and kind, always looking for some kind of attention but gets rebuffed. He greets Amy at the door and she ignores him. As a dog lover it really pisses me off to see the way he gets ignored. Tori lobbied hard for this dog after Sully died and now she can't be bothered with him...Murphy deserves to be in a home where he is loved and his affection is reciprocated by his "hoomans". Also, he's too big a dog to be with such little children...through no fault of his own, his size seems overwhelming to Jackson and Lilah.

Zach and Matt: I've enough of their mutual bitching. Matt is clueless and continues to paint this impasse as a minor father/son issue. He continues to talk about  how the "negotiations" for Zach's purchase of a parcel of the farm "broke down". That's not what happened Matt...YOU REJECTED his offer! Quit being so intellectually dishonest...you rejected it and wouldn't budge on the price. Frankly, the only way this relationship can heal is if Matt and Zach have a man to man meeting, only them...no Tori or Caryn there. Just the two of them meeting at a neutral place like a Starbucks or another venue where they can meet without interference. Matt needs to hear Zach out and understand his feelings. Zach needs to express his feelings in a non combative way and allow Matt to take it all in and respect his feelings too. Until these two hammer this out between them nothing will change and only the grandkids suffer. As far as Caryn continuing to yap about how they have "extended the olive branch" to Zach and Tori...no olive branch will fix this...only frank and honest discourse between the two parties will fix this.

Kudos to Chris for being a neutral party in all this and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude to all Roloff family members.

Edited by Hedgehog2022
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/10/2022 at 7:38 PM, Redrum said:

Since then? Matt is very public on tv stating someone whose name is known to the audience was NOT an acceptable buyer because Matt feels they aren't capable of running the property to his standards and Matt is relieved to not sell to them. This is not professional or businesslike at all. 

Matt has been on tv saying this?  About some guy who wants to buy the farm?  I am confused.

7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Wow only one comment so far. Did anyone watch last night? Tori and Zack need to be told that it is not cool to invite someone to their home especialy one's parents and then be inhospitable. Tori is a nasty mean woman. Then Matt brings Christmas gifts and Tori is "taking a nap." Evidently Matt wasn't invited into the house. He had to stay in the garage to visit Jackson and Zack. Even Amy looked pretty pissed off when Madam Tori announced that they were staying by themselves during the Christmas holidays. I think if I were Amy I might have said that sounds like a good plan stay home and pout some more. That really helps the situation. These two are insufferable. 

Tori saying "hi, how are you?" and then walking away from Matt and Karen when they arrived... omg what an asshole.  She should say, "thank you for coming" or "Lilah will be so happy you are here."  I hate my mother in law, but I would never just shrug and say hi when she comes over for a party.  Tori has ZERO manners.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 10
On 6/13/2022 at 2:30 PM, Dibs said:

Honestly, this episode was hard to watch, as much as I love a good snark.  If ANY of this is real as opposed to "reality tee-vee," this is a tragedy unfolding before our eyes with little J being deprived of not only the people and places he has loved for the last year of his life (probably the only one he'll vaguely remember up until now), but also a positive role model in his successful and positive little person grandfather.  Did Z&T REALLY have to drag him away just as he was having fun with Grandpa and Cha-Cha; he could go play in the sandbox for a minute because why; Tori had to get home to wash her hair?  Matt nailed it with "they don't want him to have too much fun at the farm anymore."  As for Tori plopping Lilah on the marble counter above the tile floor like a sack of flour, that could mean one of two bad things: Tori is a negligent mother and/or she knows Lilah won't move a muscle.  Is there a reason other than vengeance that Tori had to hold both kids far away on the other side of the room when Grandpa visited; does he have cooties?  Re: Jackson's surgery, when Zach is rightly freaking out about having dropped the ball by delaying it, all Tori can say is that "it's the lesser of the two procedures."  Yeah, and it quite likely won't even work.  Why tell Jackson "we're going to fix your crooked legs" when no change will be visible for years, if ever?  And it's "fibula," Tori; not "fibia"...  Then when Matt makes a second drive up in two days to gift them a $10k mower, she can't even walk outside and say "hello" and "thank you"?  Finally, as for Amy, she is LOVING this redemption arc!  She didn't even know where J's things were kept when Lilah was born because Z&T didn't approve of her, and now she's the GOAT (greatest of all time grandma).  Nice job imitating Cha-Cha's playfulness.  I can also see her loving rubbing it in Matt's face every time she sees the kids and they don't going forward.  This level of meanness is just unpleasant.

Ugh!

Does everyone understand that Amy and Matt CO-OWNED that property?

So Matt only bought out Amy's SHARE of the value; that's HALF the value.

Therefore, the actual value was TWICE that four years ago, and house values have doubled or tripled since then, especially in the PNW, making the property worth roughly 4-5 times what Matt paid Amy. 

He got three current appraisals (in writing, I'm sure), averaged them, THEN took some off the top as a family discount.

Zach's offer wasn't even in the same galaxy as its true value, and he's pi$$ed. 

Although we've gone astray with posts about J&I and Matt's parents on the episode thread, I'm happy to see and hear that they're all together in Arizona.  Enjoy!!!

Then Matt shouldn't have led his sons to believe that he wanted the farm to be handed down to one of them so as to keep the farm in the family as a legacy for them and his future grandchildren. He did that for a number of years...he never said anything about them purchasing parcels...but I guess he changed his tune recently. Of course Zach and Jeremy couldn't meet the price Matt was asking...they are young men who have young families to support and don't have permanent 9-5 jobs. How could they possibly orbit in the "same galaxy as its true value"!!! Matt knew this and used it get out of his years long promise to hand the farm down and take advantage of a sellers market right now. Honesty in this family matter would go a long way...if Matt had been more forthright about this and told his kids he's decided to sell the farm instead of handing it down and told them why, it might have gone differently. Sure, they would be disappointed, but they would have gotten over it...as it turns out Jeremy just bought a farm not far from Roloff Farms and Zach bought a house with some land 45 minutes away. Zach's place is no Roloff Farms but he owns it and they seem happy there. Maybe this is what is needed to happen for the kids to move on from their childhood home and create their own family memories of their own on their land. It's called "growing up".

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Redrum said:

He was talking about Zach, Heather handler. He's said on TV that he's relieved to not sell to Zach because he didn't think Zach could manage.

I think Zach could have handled the parcel he was looking to buy. It was the house and some well groomed and maintained land that he knew well. Matt always feels he's the only one who can manage the farm...Ha ha...yeah...putting up more schlocky projects like giant dinosaurs, etc, etc...that cost $$$. Only HE can do that...

• Love 4