Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Endora said:

How about thanking people by taking them out to a nice restaurant and paying the bill?   I would much prefer that to eating Amy’s finger licking slop.  

That' would've been nice but old penny pinching Amy would never dust off her wallet and treat anyone to a restaurant meal.

I wouldn't eat anything she cooks, seen way too many videos of her licking fingers, spoons, forks and then back into the food... not to mention her talking with her mouth full and food dripping out of the corners.

Amy probably doesn't have a good sense of taste, during one video she was dumping HEAPING TABLESPOONS of garlic powder into a standard size pot of soup.... at the end of her video when going over the ingredients and giving measurements she estimated the garlic powder and said  "oh heck, I'd say 1/4 of a cup" 😵

Don't get me wrong... I LIKE garlic but WHO puts 1/4 cup of garlic powder in a normal sized pot of soup?!?!

GOOGLED THIS: One-eighth teaspoon of garlic powder is equal to one standard-sized garlic clove. 

Her breath could knock Godzilla on his ass!

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Amy putting mushrooms and onions in the food despite Matt not liking them didn’t really surprise me because I’m pretty sure she had ingredients Chris didn’t like in a couple of her IG lives or videos that Chris didn’t like and if she doesn’t care about MY MAN to change it I doubt she cares enough to change recipes for Matt.

It was nice that she said she wanted to get past the negativity with Matt and Caryn, I don’t expect any of them to be best friends despite the bromance, but it’s nice if they’re at least not warring.  

I really didn’t think it odd Chris offered to be a tour guide because I’ve said I really think he likes hanging out on the farm and it was in the script and he might be good at it as a realtor explains different properties,  once he learns the scripts lol, but we’ll see if the bromance holds up if he does because we still need episode shenanigans for filler. Will there be silence and chirping like Zach’s tours. 😂 

Boring stuff with Zach and Tori working out….not really interested in watching a toddler sit on the ground and a preschooler kick a ball, but I’m also not interested in the weight competition…got enough of that on MBFFL.  Although I’d gladly watch both over Tori gushing over Zach’s singlet 🙄

She kept acting like it was sexy but he had the crotch of a Ken doll.

6 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

I wouldn't eat anything she cooks, seen way too many videos of her licking fingers, spoons, forks and then back into the food... not to mention her talking with her mouth full and food dripping out of the corners.

I did see Caryn touching one of the desserts with her bare finger, perhaps to see if it was thawed.  Hope that was the one she ate.  Also Matt thanked them for the dessert that he brought lol.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

It's probably just for the TV series.  Maybe it's to add some humor to an episode.

Yeah, I’m sure they’ll have him stumble around a bit with it, but I do think he enjoys hanging out at the farm.  Overall, I think it’s mostly a storyline for one of the episodes though I think he can at least put a coherent sentence together if he learned whatever their normal script for the tour is or the history of the farm.  

Maybe his name tag will be MYMAN or he’ll do a crappy job as tour guide and be Amy’s sidekick in some coordinating costume instead!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Isn't Matt a diabetic who is on a controlled diet? If so, a broiled chicken breast would have been much better for him so he could calculate what he was allowed to eat at that meal.

Matt is a diabetic and he's also a grown man and not a child so it's his responsibility and no one else's to make dietary decisions for himself. Judging by the photos of Matt and Caryn chowing down on instagram and sometimes here, Matt eats as he likes despite his diabetes and Caryn his life partner doesn't remind him he's on a controlled diet.

Its also his job as the person with the health problem to speak up and so no, instead of eating whatever is put in front of him no matter that it may not be on his controlled diet. He's an adult. 

• Love 9

Diabetics are responsible but if you hostess a dinner for a diabetic you lived with for many years I would like to think the hostess would take the condition into consideration when planning the menu.   Matt may not always make the right food choices but he had NO choice there.

Even catering companies and party planners give choices. 

Since this was a four person dinner it would have been thoughtful for Amy to go into her little kitchen and plan something they could all enjoy!

Bottoms up!

• Love 13
On 5/25/2022 at 8:09 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Amy is a big talker when she talks about Matt giving in!

I'm guessing Amy is really angry at even the thought Matt might sell her old North side and double the money!  

Lol like Amy would sacrifice anything for anybody!  Cry me a river Amy!

Exactly; why couldn't Amy have simply sold it to Zach for that amount instead of to Matt???

Because Z&T were being wishy-washy.  It's easy to be generous with someone else's money!

Also, IIRC, Amy was horrified at Zach's sudden interest in becoming the next Roloff "farmer."

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Dibs said:

Exactly; why couldn't Amy have simply sold it to Zach for that amount instead of to Matt???

Because Z&T were being wishy-washy.  It's easy to be generous with someone else's money!

Also, IIRC, Amy was horrified at Zach's sudden interest in becoming the next Roloff "farmer."

Just now, Jeanne222 said:

I never thought of that but why not???

Was there a clause where Matt got first right of refusal when Amy sold?  I really don’t remember but either way I couldn’t see Zach and Tori running the farm…I think they both like the idea of the farm but both seem immature and yes they could hire someone to run it but Zach seems so cheap and I really don’t think he’s that bright or it hasn’t been displayed on the show imo. 

• Love 3

Matt's a grown man and he absolutely had a choice to not simply stuff his face with something he knew was bad for him. Its called speaking up and saying he can't eat x for health reasons. Or calling ahead and reminding Amy, who historically isn't very considerate or even better Chris who is his pal and saying he needs a special meal. If he forgot, he can indeed choose not to eat or special order himself some food delivered. They live in a major city, I'm sure they have door dash. 

People with special dietary needs have to police themselves. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I have allergies and gluten sensitivity so if someone puts a plate of breaded shrimp in front of me, I don't just shovel it in. Matt's 60 years old and able say no.

2 minutes ago, Dibs said:

In the endless sell the farm talks it was revealed that part of Matt and Amy's agreement in selling was that before they could sell to a third party, the co-owner had to be offered the option to buy. So Amy or Matt couldn't sell their share of the property without first offering to each other. In that scenario, Zach wants to buy, Amy wants to sell, and Matt has to agree that he's not interested in buying from Amy first.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I never thought of that but why not???

Probably because right after dramatically announcing that he wanted the farmhouse, he told Tori they weren't moving to the farm after all, ever, no way Jose.  She was like, "Wait, what; never?  Why?" and he replied that he didn't want his father telling him what to do (like Matt doesn't know how to run the farm). How long are people supposed to wait around for Amy and Zach to make up their minds about things?  He sure is his mother's son!

As for the dinner, I don't think it was that big a deal; if Matt is even insulin dependent (he may be Type II managed by pills), he would just adjust accordingly; diabetics do it all the time.  But putting mushrooms and onions in there was definitely a passive-aggressive AH move on "Little Kitchen's" part (fun fact: Zach also famously hates mushrooms).

I don't believe Chris giving tours is "just for the show"; he has plenty of free time, a flexible schedule, is always up for making more money to play the market with, and is at least as in love with the farm as he is with Amy -- or with Matt, as the case may be.

Edited by Dibs
  • Love 6
On 5/17/2022 at 5:02 PM, Dustbunny said:
  Hide contents

I thought it was hilarious how upset Chris seemed about Zach and Tori moving away, Amy sat there like a bump on a log and Chris kept saying stuff like "But it's 45 minutes away" etc etc.... he knows what this means... He'll have to spend more time with the little Bulldozer because she'll have less distractions near home to keep her busy and out of his hair.

Like I keep sayin' the whole family adds up to zero,not a good one in the bunch except for the one that stays out of it.She is the smartest one. The others are selfish famewhore scum.

• Love 3
(edited)

Amy owned half of the north half of the farm.  So if she sold her half to Zack he would have co-owned the north half with Matt.  The reason why it costs more for Zack to buy the entire north half is that he would be buying both Matt’s half and Amy’s former half. So he was delusional if he thought he could get the entire north half for anything close to what Matt paid Amy for just half of it.

And by referring to Matt and Amy’s halves I mean undivided co-ownership of the entire north half not ownership of distinct portions of the north half.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Redrum said:

Judging by the photos of Matt and Caryn chowing down on instagram and sometimes here, Matt eats as he likes despite his diabetes and Caryn his life partner doesn't remind him he's on a controlled diet.

Matt's "problems" with various foods are ONLY when Amy's meals are involved.  He and Caryn don't seem to eliminate ANY foods when they're on their own. 

Caryn is NOT a Roloff.  Unless she has been made some legal representative, why does she have a major voice in legal decisions for PW Matt?  This show is more soapy every season.

• Love 6
(edited)

I finally watched the last episode….omg!  Too funny. I lol multiple times!   The two couples!  Hysterical….the adult stroller discussion……flowers….bromanse…..just awesome.   I ff through as much of the rest as I could.  I have zero interest in Zach and his family…..done and over them.  I see no place in this show for them with their sour grapes.  That’s Amy’s role.  🤣

I look forward to seeing Chris learn the ropes on the farm for pumpkin season.  And Amy dressed in her costumes.  Will Chris dress up too?  This could get kinky? 🥴

I don’t get the point of sneaking stuff in the food, but some cooks are stubborn about their dishes.  I wouldn’t be too concerned over that small plate of food she served.  I’m a type I diabetic and we’d just take insulin to cover the carbs.  Some Type Two’s take insulin too, but mainly they take pills to manage blood sugar levels and a moderate plate of food with carbs is not improper.  The sauce can be tricky.   My endocrinologists from Duke and UNC have never advocated carb free meals, though some go that route (Keto).  I didn’t realize Matt had diabetes.  Most older adults develop type two, but type one is possible at any age.   

So far, the season is going well.  I do hate it’s so far behind current time.  They said it was only 3 weeks after Amy’s wedding!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
On 5/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, Munchkin said:

Amy probably doesn't have a good sense of taste, during one video she was dumping HEAPING TABLESPOONS of garlic powder into a standard size pot of soup.... at the end of her video when going over the ingredients and giving measurements she estimated the garlic powder and said  "oh heck, I'd say 1/4 of a cup" 😵

Don't get me wrong... I LIKE garlic but WHO puts 1/4 cup of garlic powder in a normal sized pot of soup?!?!

GOOGLED THIS: One-eighth teaspoon of garlic powder is equal to one standard-sized garlic clove. 

Her breath could knock Godzilla on his ass!

that's Amy always dumping more garlic powder into every meal she makes.

I remember her "1/4 cup of Garlic powder" video... I nearly fell off my chair when she said that!  😳

Here's another recipe where she went back several times and poured more and more garlic powder into her sauce... licked her fingers, wiped them on dry paper towel, no washing and carried on touching the ingredients.

She even makes a sour face, GRIMACES... then dumps in more garlic powder 😂

amyUGH3.gif

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm watching this programme for the first time, starting with Series 1 and my god do I feel bad for Molly, Jacob, Zach and Amy, in that order. The first few series were okay, typical early aughts "reality", but by series five or so it's almost painful to watch. Eight has just started and I'm a bit astounded at how little the twins have prepared for their post high school years. Was all the college and job talk just a storyline? Were they all pretending because they knew LPBW was their actual plans but they couldn't come out and admit that? I mean, both got low SAT scores and grades but Matt is wondering outloud about top schools like Pepperdine and UCLA?! It's like he was living in a dream world. I sure hope their private school was cheap because it didn't seem to be doing a great job. 

Edited by Grrarrggh
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Grrarrggh said:

I'm watching this programmer for the first time, starting with Series 1 and my god do I feel bad for Molly, Jacob, Zach and Amy, in that order. The first few series were okay, typical early aughts "reality", but by series five or so it's almost painful to watch. Eight has just started and I'm a bit astounded at how little the twins have prepared for their post high school years. Was all the college and job talk just a storyline? Were they all pretending because they knew LPBW was their actual plans but they couldn't come out and admit that? I mean, both got low SAT scores and grades but Matt is wondering outloud about top schools like Pepperdine and UCLA?! It's like he was living in a dream world. I sure hope their private school was cheap because it didn't seem to be doing a great job. 

Amy was an aide or helper of some sort at one of their schools when the twins were younger, so maybe they got some sort of tuition discount, but it didn’t seem like the twins learned much at any school they went to because one of them didn’t even know the abbreviation for Oregon when the went to the community college to visit and Jeremy didn’t seem capable of filling out an application.  Although, I don’t know Zach even attempted anything until Amy basically dragged both the twins to some sort of meeting with an advisor.  IIRC, one of the twins blurted out they basically wanted to go to X school because they waited too long to do anything else. 

Honestly, I fast-forwarded a lot of the scene because it was so cringeworthy. I remember Matt seemed to blather on about Jeremy attending schools like Wharton 🙄   I’m pretty sure Matt knew never twin was going anywhere except the kitchen for a sandwich.  If anything he should have maybe suggested a trade school Jeremy, so maybe he would have learn how not to screw up most things he tries to repair or build.  Trade school could have taught him a skill and discipline but IMO Jeremy is lazy.  Zach also seemed to have zero motivation and not particularly bright to me, but back then I think Jeremy was treated more like the Golden Child back then, but I think both parents knew their kids’ limitations academically despite what they might have said.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
40 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Molly is really their golden child, who graduated from college and moved to northern Washington.  She has escaped the drama of her family.

Without a doubt, Molly really seems to have prospered despite her family dynamics. IMO when they were young Matt favored Jeremy and Amy favored Zach and Jacob seemed to be the forgotten child.  It often seemed Molly succeeded despite the nonsense around her.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

IIRC, one of the twins blurted out they basically wanted to go to X school because they waited too long to do anything else. 

The twins "attended" Portland Community College, but there's nothing about graduating.  Jeremy also "studied photography" in Santa Barbara, California, but that's about it for my research.

• Useful 3
On 5/18/2022 at 10:45 AM, bichonblitz said:

I see Chris has a new edit this season. He's upset Zach, Tori and kids are moving 45 minutes away. Since when has he become such a family man with kids  and grands around all the time. I thought he loved his quite life living alone. Now he's all in. Ok, Chris. 

I like what Caryn said about the difference in her family and Matts. In her dysfuntional family they fight alot but get over it quickly. In Matt's they fight and it drags on and on and on.....

Oh they fight alright threatening  harm to his mother and destroying her property that results going to jail.   She happily has a smile on her face so she can still have screen time. 
Perhaps Chris Is upset that he won’t see the grandchildren as much ,we don’t know.  He seems to get along with Zach helping him move etc. at least Amy dint say who the fuck does that on national tv about her lovers children. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Oh they fight alright threatening  harm to his mother and destroying her property that results going to jail.   She happily has a smile on her face so she can still have screen time. 
Perhaps Chris Is upset that he won’t see the grandchildren as much ,we don’t know.  He seems to get along with Zach helping him move etc. at least Amy dint say who the fuck does that on national tv about her lovers children. 

Caryn has no self-awareness. Amy traded up and Matt’s with someone as entitled and petty as he is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, readheaded said:

Caryn has no self-awareness. Amy traded up and Matt’s with someone as entitled and petty as he is. 

It's going to bite him in the ass,and he deserves every bit of it!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, stoppro said:

It's going to bite him in the ass,and he deserves every bit of it!

I think it might bite Caryn in the ass

I really don’t think Matt has any plans of getting married again, if she’s a gold digger I think she’s wasting her time with Matt.

Matt lets Caryn prattle on about what type of wedding they’d have etc but I’d be shocked if he ever got married again… he’s been through a divorce and I don’t think he has any plans of splitting his assets again plus I don’t think Matt is a sentimental type of guy… Matt is married to Matt.

even when Matt talks about his new dream house its all about him, I never hear him say that it’s being designed for them as a couple.

• Love 14
22 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

that's Amy always dumping more garlic powder into every meal she makes.

I remember her "1/4 cup of Garlic powder" video... I nearly fell off my chair when she said that!  😳

Here's another recipe where she went back several times and poured more and more garlic powder into her sauce... licked her fingers, wiped them on dry paper towel, no washing and carried on touching the ingredients.

She even makes a sour face, GRIMACES... then dumps in more garlic powder 😂

amyUGH3.gif

As always, Amy's hair is looking clean and well groomed. And the garlic obsession. I'm sure Chris makes her use a different bathroom. Amy upgraded, Chris just settled for someone. 

Did Chris sign a prenuptial agreement? Is the pope Catholic? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

As always, Amy's hair is looking clean and well groomed. And the garlic obsession. I'm sure Chris makes her use a different bathroom. Amy upgraded, Chris just settled for someone. 

Did Chris sign a prenuptial agreement? Is the pope Catholic? 

Exactly Chris Is obsessed with being cheated on so he chose someone that no one else wants.

I’m not so sure Amy upgraded, Chris is kind of a weird guy.

on one road trip he wandered off and left Amy alone and wondering where he went, he was bitchy as hell when they were leaving on their RV trip, smashed his bike into the RV, he nagged her about leaving the farm and pouted about missing the views, he has a weird obsession with being Matt’s buddy, when asked why he chose Amy all he could say was “it’s easy, it’s just easy” no “because I fell in love and can’t live without her” nope it’s just “EASY” ya more like “EASY MONEY” and now he’s becoming quite the reality performer wringing his hands over Zach and Tori moving… what a pile of BS

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think it might bite Caryn in the ass

I really don’t think Matt has any plans of getting married again, if she’s a gold digger I think she’s wasting her time with Matt.

My wife thinks Caryn is a gold digger, she thinks Caryn is hoping to get Matt to the altar but has probably been keeping a diary from early on and will get a pay day one way or the other, either Matt marries her or eventually she'll write a TELL ALL or BOTH

If Matt marries her she'll write a tell all after he croaks.

28 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly Chris Is obsessed with being cheated on so he chose someone that no one else wants.

I’m not so sure Amy upgraded, Chris is kind of a weird guy.

on one road trip he wandered off and left Amy alone and wondering where he went, he was bitchy as hell when they were leaving on their RV trip, smashed his bike into the RV, he nagged her about leaving the farm and pouted about missing the views, he has a weird obsession with being Matt’s buddy, when asked why he chose Amy all he could say was “it’s easy, it’s just easy” no “because I fell in love and can’t live without her” nope it’s just “EASY” ya more like “EASY MONEY” and now he’s becoming quite the reality performer wringing his hands over Zach and Tori moving… what a pile of BS

I agree there's something about Chris that's kind of creepy 

Why are they living in the house that Amy provided, they knew they were getting married why not buy a home together?

He's way too comfortable with the whole situation and he's becoming more ridiculous every season, Chris is laughing all the way to the bank.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

even when Matt talks about his new dream house its all about him, I never hear him say that it’s being designed for them as a couple.

The most I've heard was one episode where Matt made an off hand comment during a TH about putting in a closet or something like that for Caryn which seemed to me like him placating her or trying to sound cute for the cameras.

I mean really why would Matt want to get married again?

He isn't going to start a new family and he already has Caryns companionship without being married to her and he also has his freedom and privacy when he wants it.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I mean really why would Matt want to get married again?

He isn't going to start a new family and he already has Caryns companionship without being married to her and he also has his freedom and privacy when he wants it.

This is reasonable but the flip side is this. Who is going to take care of Matt when his mobility goes? Its sure not going to be Amy, Jeremy, Zach, Molly or Jacob at this point. Caryn is free to walk away when the relationship degrades to Caryn assisting him in the toilet. Unless they're married.  I'm cynical, I don't see her sticking around if there's no ring on her finger. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

He and Caryn may never get married, but he certainly considers her his companion or partner.

oh I totally agree, I think Matt cares for her but I just don't see Matt marrying again

11 minutes ago, Redrum said:

This is reasonable but the flip side is this. Who is going to take care of Matt when his mobility goes? Its sure not going to be Amy, Jeremy, Zach, Molly or Jacob at this point. Caryn is free to walk away when the relationship degrades to Caryn assisting him in the toilet. Unless they're married.  I'm cynical, I don't see her sticking around if there's no ring on her finger. 

you're right, that's a good point

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Redrum said:

Caryn is free to walk away when the relationship degrades to Caryn assisting him in the toilet.

When it degrades?

Anyone can walk away, anyone can stay. You just never know. I wouldn’t assume it about anyone but myself.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

When it degrades?

Anyone can walk away, anyone can stay. You just never know. I wouldn’t assume it about anyone but myself.

We won't know until it happens, if it happens, but not a lot of women stay with a guy who won't commit. If he's choosing not to marry because of this 

2 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

- getting the milk for free so to speak without having to give up his freedom and privacy - I really can't blame any woman for walking away from him if she's only there to pleasure him and he gets all the perks of being single and he expects her to be a full on nursemaid when his health declines with no commitment from him at all. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Matt and Chris are so much alike. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

If push comes to shove I think Matt will marry Caryn if he hasn't already done that.

He's no spring chicken and I don't think he wants to be all alone.  Caryn will sign a Prenup but in it Matt will see that Caryns taken care of!

The kids are all grown up and gone taking the grand's with them.  It's lonely growing old alone and let's face it with Matt's disabilities and age new companions are few and far between.

• Love 7

I was really hoping that the previews of Chris doing the wagon tours were just edited to look terrible and thank goodness they were... there was a learning curve but he did a great job in the end.

I’m actually enjoying the interaction between Matt, Caryn, Amy and chris the best,,, they’re kind of comical and the chemistry is interesting… I’m enjoying “happy” Amy a lot more than the constantly cynical sourpuss we’ve been watching for the last few years.

Zach is a total idiot, he says Matt is 60 and shouldn’t be worried about money ummmmm people Matts age are often very concerned about money because retirement is breathing down their neck plus Matt’s health and mobility isn’t going to improve with age… just when I didn’t think Zach could sound any dumber he proves me wrong… I’m really starting to hate the segments with Zach and Tori… go away you immature entitled little jerks.

I enjoyed Chris complaining about the long drive to Zach and Tori’s and how he isn’t thrilled to do it again plus I think he was right about the location of the new house next to a business or whatever the hell that mess was…. I found their new home sort of depressing, far from family and boring compared to the farm… I felt sorry for Jackson since he used to look so happy on the farm with grampa and Cha Cha…. Meanwhile Tori sat at the table like a first class bitch.

Zach and Tori please piss off, you’re sour and boring… bye!

• Love 19
(edited)

Maybe they think if they can't steal the farm that the show will come to them. Who knows, they're both idiots. Tori gets too much credit for being a teacher when her spelling and pronunciation is atrocious.

They lost me on the latest episode complaining that six movers wasn't enough and wasn't moving fast enough for them.

Zach never lifts a finger to do anything, the newest house they moved to will just be a pig sty and nothing will get done unless he gets Jeremy and Matt to do the work for him.

I don't think it matters that he's a dwarf, he's always sitting around not doing shit while everyone around him works so I suppose it's should'nt be surprising he expects to be given the farm for pennies on the dollar in exchange for Matt to be able to see the grandkids.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 11

I’m enjoying the dynamics of the new season featuring Matt, Caryn, Amy and Chris.  I prefer that Zach and Tori stay away.  They drag things down.  It would be better for them to get their act together off camera and then return far down the road.   They are such a turn off.  It’s apparent they are trying to  use their kids as leverage, only it’s not working.  The two of them together aren’t smart enough to figure out why,  ☹️ They have become one of my least favorite reality tv couples. Ugh…….so annoying. Their poor kids……

Caryn and Matt seem pretty bonded to me.  I often recommend a prenuptial agreement for people who bring  considerable property into a marriage.  Maybe, they’re working on it. lol 

• Love 6
(edited)

The timelines for this season seem to be going a lot faster than past seasons.  I’m not complaining, I don’t need 3-4 episodes of Pumpkins and Amy’s costumes.

So when did Z& T buy the Washington house? September?  They moved in to it end of October? While a month is a quick turnaround to move, they should’ve been packing up the House of a Thousand Stairs as soon as their offer was accepted.  Both of them looked shocked that they had so much to pack a week? 4 days? prior to the moving van pulling in the driveway.  And correct me if I’m wrong ( I am not wrong), but neither of these two geniuses have jobs, right?  They could have been sorting, tossing and donating stuff several hours a day to prep for this big event.  Were they both preoccupied with bigger concerns like not noticing Jackson’s horribly bowed legs, not making sure Lilah’s wearing her glasses, and bitching over not being gifted the farm property? I guess grudge holding and enumerating Matt’s transgressions against them is a full time job?

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 11

Amy seems very happy since her wedding. It's the happiest that she's seemed since the series began. It's nice to see. I'm glad for her.

I think that TLC is forcing Zach and Tori to see Matt and Caryn in these episodes. Zach and Tori are obviously still too angry for these visits. As Tori keeps saying, it's very awkward. I wish that TLC would stop forcing them to be together. It doesn't make the episode better.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Libby said:

Amy seems very happy since her wedding. It's the happiest that she's seemed since the series began. It's nice to see. I'm glad for her.

I think that TLC is forcing Zach and Tori to see Matt and Caryn in these episodes. Zach and Tori are obviously still too angry for these visits. As Tori keeps saying, it's very awkward. I wish that TLC would stop forcing them to be together. It doesn't make the episode better.

Tori is in full Lady Macbeth mode. It seems like she has the hottest anger and she’s not even a blood relative.

• Love 11
On 5/28/2022 at 8:09 PM, Redrum said:

Caryn is free to walk away when the relationship degrades to Caryn assisting him in the toilet. Unless they're married.  I'm cynical, I don't see her sticking around if there's no ring on her finger. 

I get the impression Caryn is in no rush to marry Matt. Why should she be? They have their separate homes, she's obviously has her own money, maybe she's not wealthy like Matt but she appears to be able to take care of herself financially just fine.  The big bonus is she can go home to her cute townhome when Matt gets on her nerves. Perfect golden years relationship if you ask me. 

Zach and Tori are gross. I remember they waited until the last minute to pack before moving in to the green house. They are lazy and entitled and the only time Tori smiles is when she's chattering away about the kids who are not that interesting. Jackson is a cutie, though. He has a better personality than Lilah. 

I liked the little digs coming from Chris. Oh, are you going to park all your cars in the trees like your neighbors? I died. Oh, this is a miserable drive over here, we won't be doing this often. Died again. Every once in a while the snarky, truthful Chris comes out. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5