Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Breast Intentions

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I was surprised at Peggy repeatedly grabbing Shannon.  Usually that doesn't go over to well.  Lydia is so inner directed at fixing Vicki and Tamra, for self adulation, she can't see the forest for the trees.  The relationship is not coming back.  At this point there is zero reason to have Vicki and Tamra and Shannon on the show.  Vicki is the odd man out and it is time for her to bow out.  All VIcki wanted to do is yell at Tamra to make her be her friend.  Chuckleheads Peggy and Lydia at some point have to register the fact Tamra and Vicki will never be friends again.  For someone who keeps saying that Shannon makes it all about her-maybe Lydia needs to take a look at how invested she is in a someone else's relationship based on apparently the biggest night of her life and sneaking out and going to Andele's and getting drunk with Vicki and Tamra.  Her self appointed friend whisperer and calling Shannon crazy and dime store psychology of claiming Shannon will be the odd man out is infantile.  The woman can't express herself without being vitriol.  Even with Kelly and Meghan she had zero concept of what Kelly said to Meghan was pretty much a friendship breaker.   Instead Lydia took Kelly's side.  Zero awareness.  

Peggy has been very lucky that Meghan is pretty calm and rational, and Shannon is overly concerned that people like her.  I am a physically passive person, but most people aren't.  Peggy's going to put her hands on the wrong person, and it won't end well.  And I'm hoping the one who does the retaliating doesn't get sent home.

In Armenia, when one doesn't like the words coming from a woman's mouth, we simply seal her lips closed. 

In Armenia, when a woman attempts to leave the scene without being formally dismissed, we simply physically restrain her.

***** The above two sentences said completely dead-eyed, yet dripping with superiority.  I can't help but picture this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qQ17UnJk_Y

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Jesus.  Every time I come to this forum I think about green bean casserole.  I think I need therapy.  Lots and lots of therapy.  And, possibly, a casserole.

giphy6.gif

Best I could do...enjoy

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

From a ratings perspective, the Brooks/cancer season was an all-time high for OC. Personally, I think Shannon is the one who needs to go. Her grudge against Vicki is what's dividing the cast and bringing the show down. Were it not for her, Vicki and Tamra would have already made up by now and the show would be on to new storylines.

I agree with this.   Shannon without Vicki is a snoozefest.   Watching whine about David and electromagnetic waves, and food would do me in.   In fact, any of the wives on the show right now without Vicki would be snoozefests.

I recall a show where producers and cast recapped recent years of the OC .... it aired shortly after Gretchen left (everyone, including producers, basically said Gretchen did herself in).  

One of the producers referenced how long Vicki has been on the show, and said "There's a reason for that".  If I recall correctly, he didn't elaborate much but it was sort of clear that while Vicki can be a challenge, she brings the drama which is why she has lasted so long.

• Love 4
On 9/20/2017 at 9:26 PM, TippyStClaire said:

I'm vaguely remembering that in one of Shannon's first appearances on the show, she mentioned that she had gone to La Jolla Country Day School. I looked and tuition these days is a little over $30,000 a year.   She also mentioned something about riding her horse to the store.  That's why I also had the impression she had family money. Plus she went to USC.

I went to USC and I only have one friend with a trust fund and it isn't like a live off it forever one, it just paid for her education and I think maybe art of the down payment on her house.  You don't have to be rich to go there.

13 hours ago, Jextella said:

I hate the idea of animal breeding.  The only reason to do it is to sell the animals.  It's just an ugly practice to me.  You are right, Bronzedog.  There are a lot of breeders out there.  We got our border collie from a breeder.  He was the runt of the litter and nobody wanted him because he was very needy.  I felt that we rescued him indirectly and was ok with that decision.

In some cases animal breeding is a good thing.  I'm involved in textile arts and there are certain breeds of sheep that would be extinct now without conservation breeders.  There's a movement among hand spinners and other textile artists to buy the fleece of these conservation breeds to support the efforts and keep the breeds alive.

• Love 6
On 9/18/2017 at 11:05 PM, Bronzedog said:

Shannon, the only one I have told to come to me NOW! is my dog and he gave me his paw.  The doggy equivalent of the finger.  It doesn't work.

I see Tamra doing to Shannon the same thing she did to Gretchen the season they were friends and exchanged friendship bracelets or whatever it was.  Once Tamra was done using Gretchen, she was out.

Yes, that was incredibly pathetic on Shannon's part. One thing I can say about GrandMAW TamRAHHH: she might be an illiterate ball-gargling ho, but she sure has figured out reality tv. She's like an idiot savant--emphasis on the 'idiot.'

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Jextella said:

I hate the idea of animal breeding.  The only reason to do it is to sell the animals.  It's just an ugly practice to me.  You are right, Bronzedog.  There are a lot of breeders out there.  We got our border collie from a breeder.  He was the runt of the litter and nobody wanted him because he was very needy.  I felt that we rescued him indirectly and was ok with that decision.

Yes, and anyone who doesn't hate the idea of 'greeding,' should google puppy mills. Thank you for taking the baby runt! I, too, think that's a rescue. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, teapot said:

ok, that's what got me so super confused and annoyed with Lydia.  AFTER Shannon explained herself, why the fuck was Lydia still mad?  Was it manufactured drama? I kind of can't stand when they over-react for the cameras, it feels too fake.

I explained that to my friend once (it was a dinner party at Lizzie's or something), that they were freaking the F out for six weeks but in real life you'd just go, "oh shit, sorry, that came out wrong" and the other person would go, "k.  cheers." *clinks glasses*

done. 

yet I still enjoy watching...yeah, I'm weird!

Agreed. I don't like her at all, but her lack of self-awareness makes her super entertaining, and the fact that she thinks she's cool and stylish just takes it to a whole 'nother level!!!

Lydia is just determined to not like Shannon. I get that Shannon didn't make a great first impression. And I can also understand how she may have thought that Shannon was poking fun at her due to timing but all season long, Lydia has tried to psychoanalyze Shannon and interpret all of her words and actions as something negative. She already admitted that she doesn't like Shannon. It certainly shows.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Jextella said:

I agree with this.   Shannon without Vicki is a snoozefest.   Watching whine about David and electromagnetic waves, and food would do me in.   In fact, any of the wives on the show right now without Vicki would be snoozefests.

I recall a show where producers and cast recapped recent years of the OC .... it aired shortly after Gretchen left (everyone, including producers, basically said Gretchen did herself in).  

One of the producers referenced how long Vicki has been on the show, and said "There's a reason for that".  If I recall correctly, he didn't elaborate much but it was sort of clear that while Vicki can be a challenge, she brings the drama which is why she has lasted so long.

I think over the years Vicki has shown she is such a lying hypocrite who will admit to multiple episodes of adultery, lying, rumor mongering, delighting in the others' misery and thrives on bullying (use to be the new women but since she has alienated the sitting cast she now goes after her former friends).  Those are great qualities for a reality star.  Add in her thirsty daughter, who has no qualms using the other women to go after Brooks (and ultimately her mother) and mention how her mother is prone to exaggerate her injuries, and how she hits back hard and you pretty much have the recipe for the longevity of a reality star.

Weighing in on the recent additions, I just don't see these wealthy women wanting to hang with Vicki or her unremarkable family.  Her best bet was Jeana but she so royally screwed her over repeatedly trashed her that Jeana left.   I do believe the one time the producers held Vicki's feet to the fire is when they wouldn't let her decline filming with Brooks.  Sadly we were treated to trips to Oklahoma where Briama was clearly on board for bringing it as far as brooks was concerned.

You are correct about the producers and Gretchen, IIRC having her piddle around with her shipments was getting old.  They also mentioned the big engagement where none of the other RH were invited and the finale of her final season where she just could not apologize to anyone.   And of course the fact that she and Slade have been perpetually engaged for years.  For Andy to comment on that seemed dispositive of the end of Gretchen's tenure.

• Love 5
On September 19, 2017 at 1:08 PM, thesupremediva1 said:

I did too, and that's the reason I can never side with Tamra on anything. Tamra's constant belittling of Alexis's faith, the "Jesus Jugs" comments (disgusting), and the near assault that occurred at the Cut opening leave me wondering how in the hell Tamra has anyone on her side, ever. 

Tamra sitting there, acting all affronted that Vicki would yell at her, was just rich. Bless Vicks and production for reminding us of the real Tamra's temper. She's a wild animal. She's just decided now to use tears instead of rage to get her way. If anyone deserves to cry, it's Shannon. Those awful accusations about David directly affect her kids. I've heard the "Eddie is gay" rumor for years now. If you know it's not true, why are you so angry?

Vicki is a whacko, but Shannon just feeds into it. She gets off on the drama and can't let go. Vicks is literally holding Kelly hostage, so now Shannon MUST step in to protect her friend. Get over yourself. Tamra is the looniest loon going - she doesn't need protection from anyone. And Kelly hadn't said a word. 

And Tams shows her true colors again when Shannon needs backup from Lydia's puny firing squad. Tamra is just never anywhere to be found when the chips are down. 

Lord help me but I still like Kelly. And much less Meghan = a wonderful thing! I hate excluding people, but perhaps this could hasten her exit from the show. 

I know no one here likes her or her husband, but Peggy read Shannon in short order. She's growing on me. Her confrontation style is more of dangling dollar bill. She just drops something out of the sky and waits for the injured party to leap at it and start the argument. It's an odd choice but it never fails to ignite something or other. 

If Tamra and Shannon don't want to talk to Vicki at all, then they cannot be on a show with her. It's time to get over yourself and exchange pleasantries for the good of the group or just resign yourself to the fact that everyone around you will push for reconciliation. Clinging to this resentment is a bad look and it just gets worse over time, especially when Vicks states to everyone who will listen that she wants to "move forward." They've painted themselves into a Mean Girl corner, even if their ire is/was justified. 

Love love love! Agree with everything!

• Love 4

Tamra did not tell her Eddie is gay, even Vicki says that she "read/heard" about from gossip sites.

Riiight.  Like Slade did not come up with the name Miss Piggy, that and Truffle Hunter were going around the message boards for years.  He only repeated it.  But that was not OK with Vicki!  He should not have perpetuated it at her expense!   (this ep was recently on LOL)  

If someone is going to be friends with Vicki they really need to watch out.  Why is she still going after Shannon about her husband?  Why does she care?  What's her stake in this?  The statement "You've got a bad husband" says a lot.  Vicki has a history of meddling in peoples marriage problems, she did this with Jeana, and Tamra.  She is the kind of friend that does not really have your best interest.  She is way too selfish.  

• Love 10

And once again Vicki has been revealed as a liar face. That Ricky dude is posting the invite he got to her birthday party, and a text between the two of them where he asks her if Production knows she is coming to the party. She said "no". Yet she is interviewing that she didn't invite him and that it was Gretchen who was responsible for him being there. 

• Love 12
On 9/18/2017 at 9:30 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry.

Huh.  I always thought it was, "Hush hush, even downtown, voices carry."  This forum is so educational.

On 9/19/2017 at 6:52 AM, sasha206 said:

What this idiot doesn't realize is that there are many, many options than pills.  She can have hormonal implants that last 3 years!

Maybe I'm just a control freak, but I'd use birth control myself, or go for a tubal ligation, instead of insisting on a vasectomy, if I didn't want to get pregnant. 

And a vasectomy isn't exactly a free pass for the guy to fool around, but it does eliminate one of the barriers because it means he's not going to knock up his side piece.  And it might make him less likely to use a condom and more likely to bring home something nasty.  I'm sure Lydia is 100% positive that Doug would never fool around on her, but I've lived long enough to be 100% confident in very few things when it comes to human behavior.

9 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I went to USC and I only have one friend with a trust fund and it isn't like a live off it forever one, it just paid for her education and I think maybe art of the down payment on her house.  You don't have to be rich to go there.

I went to USC a few years before Shannon did, and it was my first exposure to many students being on financial aid, or going to junior college for the first couple of years and finishing up at a different school.  So, plenty of not-rich people there.

I'm not a rabid alumna, but I do like that Peggy got her degree from UCLA.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, nexxie said:

I'd eat at Shannon's restaurant.

If it's a "family style" restaurant, will get to see performances from Shannon and David every hour or so?

13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, the cancer scam season ratings were high but most viewers wanted Vicki fired afterwards. Andy said he believed showing Vicki on a redemption tour the following year (last season) would be fun but it wasn't, at all.

It would have been fun if Vicki had been contrite and admitted her dealings, but not even the next season had begun and Vicki was trying to rewrite history. I hope and pray that every time Vicki tries to play the victim, the editors slip in footage showing her to be a liar, like they did this week.

• Love 8

Shannon opening a restaurant is a joke! She has NO clue on how to run a business. You don't just wake up one day and say, "I'm going to open up a restaurant." If she has done any research, she'll find that MOST independently- run restaurants have a high rate of failure. There's also way too much competition in Southern California. Shannon is also WAY too emotional and WAY too unstable to own and run a restaurant.

Shannon running a restaurant reminds me of the episode on "Frasier" where Frasier and Niles decide to open a restaurant.  They bicker with each other and the chef over which way to serve a souffle until the chef takes off his hat and walks out of the restaurant. 

As for her restaurant being family-friendly AND healthy, I keep thinking, "Is this a place where Brianna and her boys would eat?"  I doubt it. And all those "Wednesday night dads" who have their kids that night want to take kids to places that the kids will really enjoy.

• Love 4

Anyone who doesn't hate the idea of 'greeding,' should google puppy mills.

Well ... there are a lot of ethical breeders who enjoy the process and having the new puppies to play with without the lifelong burden of keeping all of them.  

As for puppy mills, the worst breeders are the Amish.  (I live near several Amish communities)  For the most part, states tend to leave them alone.  (Which is why their kitchens where they make and sell food to the public are NOT bound by the same health laws.)  But a few years ago, Oprah and Lia Ling did an expose of puppy mills and zeroed in on Pennsylvania. Right after that, PA changed its rules ... 

• Love 6

I am so over this group.  It has been said above...there is no one to like any longer; it is now who you can stand a little more than others.

Andy would do better to fire the women and change the entire franchise to Real Canines / Pets of OC.  THAT is a show I would watch. 

• Love 8

I disagree that the rest of the wives are a snooze without Vicki. Shannon has always been eminently watchable, but she is a very uncomfortable screen presence. Her neuroses and anxiety are fascinating. She's clearly intelligent, but she's not as guarded as Aviva was. Aviva was smart, but traumatized. She was spoiled, indulged, and protected in all of her fears, which was why Aviva developed this strange aggressive confidence when she talked about her demands for her trauma and anxiety. And it's kind of crazy because Aviva lost a leg. Shannon has nothing nearly that physically traumatic in her past. There is strange open rawness with how Shannon expresses her pain. She's not even emotionally together enough to be self protective. I get it. I'm a little bit that way, but Shannon takes it to another level. But there is a reason many viewers have been discussing the importance of Shannon achieving success away from this show, away from her kids, and away from her husband. It's because viewers find Shannon interesting. They find her interesting even if she is frustrating and annoying. What we've written about Lydia amounts to "Shut up", "Shut up you sanctimonious cow", "Shut up you self cow", and "Wow, she really gave it to Shannon." Nothing says how compelling and interesting Lydia is than the fact posts rarely mention her "magazine" and how selfish she is to insist in her husband's vasectomy.

I think you are recalling the behind the scenes season special. I think they did one for 8 and maybe 10 or 11. The thing they also said about Vicki is that she physically assaulted a producer. No one is saying that Vicki isn't interesting, but viewers and the producers have said that the combo of Vicki narcissim and insecurity make her interesting to watch. However, her narcissim is winning out right now because Vicki more than anyone else needs people to play off. And she needs people who are invested in Vicki to play off. That relationship paints Vicki's ridiculousness in sharp focus.

Right now, Vicki has Orphan Black's murderous Helena Peggy, Calculating Christian Lydia, and Kelly on her side. Only with Kelly does Vicki's relationship feel substantial enough that you might watch to Vicki to see how that develops. It's clear that neither Peggy nor Lydia really give two shits about Vicki. Heck, Diko had to force Peggy to get involved in the fight.

When Vicki was friends with Shannon and Tamra, you could tell that there was enough mutuality that Vicki's betrayal stung. However, Vicki is too much of a narcissist to realize that she has to swallow her pride, apologize to Tamra and Shannon, and actually attempt to be a better friend to them. Vicki is only compelling when she films with people who care about her and she cares about too. The most interesting thing about Vicki last season was she wanted her friends back, but she didn't want to admit that she was wrong, which she was. The other interesting thing about Vicki last season was that she was so willing to throw Kelly under the bus. She fed Kelly all of that gossip. Unfortunately, Kelly is a drunk with no impulse control who blabbed everything and Kelly had no clue she was being set up. Kelly was really more loyal than Vicki deserved. But Vicki alone is boring. Vicki with people who don't actually care about her is boring. I think about how those women rallied around Vicki when her mother died (getting Brooks and trying to book a flight to Chicago) and Vicki shat all over it.

• Love 9
On 9/19/2017 at 2:13 PM, SleepyAndClumsy said:

When did RHOC turn into a medical reality show?! Ugh, I'm so sick of hearing about (much less seeing!) boob reductions and boob expander and vaginal rejuvenations and vasectomies, as nauseum! Bring back the good old days of sons getting arrested, teen whisperers, trips to Havasu, and blind dates! 

Exactly!!! I wanna see the drama, the shit talking, lavish homes/vacations...etc not this bullshit week after week!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Shannon running a restaurant reminds me of the episode on "Frasier" where Frasier and Niles decide to open a restaurant.  They bicker with each other and the chef over which way to serve a souffle until the chef takes off his hat and walks out of the restaurant. 

As for her restaurant being family-friendly AND healthy, I keep thinking, "Is this a place where Brianna and her boys would eat?"  I doubt it. And all those "Wednesday night dads" who have their kids that night want to take kids to places that the kids will really enjoy.

Shannon was talking to a guy that did pizza restaurants yet the lemon logos suggest she's not gonna do pizza. If she goes for organic, healthy family friendly she going to run into the brick wall of all the grocery stores they are expanding into this area. Whole Foods of course but also just about every grocery store these days had a hot food and salad bar of some sort. It's just a brutally competitive business.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, zulualpha said:

Shannon was talking to a guy that did pizza restaurants yet the lemon logos suggest she's not gonna do pizza. If she goes for organic, healthy family friendly she going to run into the brick wall of all the grocery stores they are expanding into this area. Whole Foods of course but also just about every grocery store these days had a hot food and salad bar of some sort. It's just a brutally competitive business.

I live in Austin and the Whole Foods near me is barely a grocery store. They have half a dozen prepared food stations, 3 self service hot foods bars, 4 hot soup stations, a raw foods bar, smoothie bar, a place to pick up subscription prepared meals, a seafood restaurant, stations to pick up beer and wine to drink as you shop, a salad bar, and 2 food trucks out front. There are also businesses like Snap Kitchen where you can get prepared meals that basically only need a microwave or oven reheating to get them ready to eat. There are those Tysons Tastemakers meals that are competing with Blue Apron.

If Shannon is buying into a prepared meal business in southern California, then I can see that as being profitable. Most of them have comissaries that prep and package the food and then ship them to their locations. You can pick them up and take them home. You can also reheat at the restaurant in microwaves. There are also places that do subscription foods from the commissary for pick up at the restaurant/location, but keep about 30% of the food from the commissary prepped, but not cooked for customers who want the food fresh cooked in the restaurant. The margins are so slim in the restaurant business that it'll be interesting to see what Shannon does. She's not partnering with idiots.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I am so over this group.  It has been said above...there is no one to like any longer; it is now who you can stand a little more than others.

Andy would do better to fire the women and change the entire franchise to Real Canines / Pets of OC.  THAT is a show I would watch. 

I don't even like dogs, but I'd rather watch them being walked and pooping than be turned to stone by looking directly at Gunvalson 's hideous mug.  

Im just waiting for K Dudd to turn on her .  It's coming soon. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

I wonder how Vicky would handle it if Andy did recast the show completely? That would be a hard kick in the ego right there.

An even bigger kick in the 'nads would be if Vicky was let go, and everyone else stayed on.  If Bravo filmed her receiving this news, it could be a Pay Per View event.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

An even bigger kick in the 'nads would be if Vicky was let go, and everyone else stayed on.  If Bravo filmed her receiving this news, it could be a Pay Per View event.

The person who delivered the bad news would have to be dressed up like a bomb squad tech, with a whole lot of body armor and padding, plus plenty of life insurance. Better yet, they could put one of those Big Brother show microphones in her house and give her the news remotely. "Um Vicki, you have been ejected from the franchise. Pack your sorry fat ass and leave immediately."

• Love 10

I can´t believe a christian man didn´t know those verses that Mr. Lydia quoted to her before the ball chopping dr´s visit. Wow, that would be a dealbreaker for me.

And all the "chopping his balls off" stuff is just disgusting.

I´m thinking (and hoping) that Shannon and Lydia, and Shannon and Peggy, are doing the dance that Shannon and Heather, and Shannon and Tamra, also did when Shannon first appeared on the scene. If they have an ounce of humanity and compassion inside of them, they´ll soon become her best friends on the show.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I live in Austin and the Whole Foods near me is barely a grocery store. They have half a dozen prepared food stations, 3 self service hot foods bars, 4 hot soup stations, a raw foods bar, smoothie bar, a place to pick up subscription prepared meals, a seafood restaurant, stations to pick up beer and wine to drink as you shop, a salad bar, and 2 food trucks out front. There are also businesses like Snap Kitchen where you can get prepared meals that basically only need a microwave or oven reheating to get them ready to eat. There are those Tysons Tastemakers meals that are competing with Blue Apron.

If Shannon is buying into a prepared meal business in southern California, then I can see that as being profitable. Most of them have comissaries that prep and package the food and then ship them to their locations. You can pick them up and take them home. You can also reheat at the restaurant in microwaves. There are also places that do subscription foods from the commissary for pick up at the restaurant/location, but keep about 30% of the food from the commissary prepped, but not cooked for customers who want the food fresh cooked in the restaurant. The margins are so slim in the restaurant business that it'll be interesting to see what Shannon does. She's not partnering with idiots.

There are SO many prepared meal business already available on line, so her investing in that type of business is a MAJOR risk and NOT original. MOST grocery stores in Southern California also have prepared meals. Shannon, graduate of the University of Spoiled Children, is grasping at straws, thinking she can be successful with so much competition and NOT a novel idea.

9 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Huh.  I always thought it was, "Hush hush, even downtown, voices carry."  This forum is so educational.

Maybe I'm just a control freak, but I'd use birth control myself, or go for a tubal ligation, instead of insisting on a vasectomy, if I didn't want to get pregnant. 

And a vasectomy isn't exactly a free pass for the guy to fool around, but it does eliminate one of the barriers because it means he's not going to knock up his side piece.  And it might make him less likely to use a condom and more likely to bring home something nasty.  I'm sure Lydia is 100% positive that Doug would never fool around on her, but I've lived long enough to be 100% confident in very few things when it comes to human behavior.

I went to USC a few years before Shannon did, and it was my first exposure to many students being on financial aid, or going to junior college for the first couple of years and finishing up at a different school.  So, plenty of not-rich people there.

I'm not a rabid alumna, but I do like that Peggy got her degree from UCLA.

MOST children of rich parents go to the University of Spoiled Children.

46 minutes ago, ITALIA said:

MOST children of rich parents go to the University of Spoiled Children.

I'll admit my undergraduate degree is from USC, and is in liberal arts, but I'm not understanding your math.  USC has about 20,000 undergrads, and if by "most" you mean "51% or more," you're saying there are only 40,000 "rich" parents in the world.  I don't think that's an mathematically supportable statistic.

• Love 7

I have not been watching this season, but have been following threads here. I feel validated in my decision not to watch.

As someone who used to work at USC and who has first hand knowledge of the school's financial aid program, can you lay off the spoiled children bit? It's not true, it's obnoxious, and there's no need to belittle the thousands of students who have and who currently are attending. People are working their asses off to get their degrees. Rag on Shannon all you want, but lay off everyone else. Geez.

• Love 18

I just want Vicki off this show. And her daughter, too. And the boyfriend. And the peeing grandsons. And the everything Vicki. The only reason I'm watching this season is for the moment that she does/says something that is the absolute, nuclear, dealbreaker. Go. The. Fuck. Away.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

If it's a "family style" restaurant, will get to see performances from Shannon and David every hour or so?

It would have been fun if Vicki had been contrite and admitted her dealings, but not even the next season had begun and Vicki was trying to rewrite history. I hope and pray that every time Vicki tries to play the victim, the editors slip in footage showing her to be a liar, like they did this week.

I wonder if she will put chips on the tables as a pre appetizer. 

• Love 2
On 9/19/2017 at 4:18 PM, Mu Shu said:

Oh Peggy.  You wouldn't last 1 round with K-Dudd. That crazy bitch probably had a shiv tucked somewhere at all times.  As far as assholes go, I think I'll take the Dudd as she's sometimes entertaining.

Plot twist. Peggy Actually is Kaiser Soze.

Edited by Cheetosandchoc
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

How could Shannon not have known that Lydia had had a boob job?  Well, not known known, absent a medical exam, but in a place where so many people have them, and just looking at Lydia's boobs on that tiny frame--to me, the rebuttable presumption is that they're fake, not that they're real.

My guess is since Lydia didn't go overboard Shannon assumed they were her own.  Better to err on the side of real than to claim someone had a boob job.  The funny thing is Shannon was not focused on Lydia, she was focused on Peggy-which of course makes Lydia making the conversation all about her.  Lydia acted out and claims Shannon used the word boob job eight times-at a party about boobs.  She didn't want it mentioned in front of men as opposed to announcing it on TV.  

• Love 12
23 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'll admit my undergraduate degree is from USC, and is in liberal arts, but I'm not understanding your math.  USC has about 20,000 undergrads, and if by "most" you mean "51% or more," you're saying there are only 40,000 "rich" parents in the world.  I don't think that's an mathematically supportable statistic.

I'll rephrase. The MAJORITY of those who go to the University of Spoiled Children have parents who are wealthy. Get it?

I used to be a dog groomer and do a dog sitting so safe to say I'm a dog lover. I think the cool thing about these reality shows is pets are common, but rarely shown on scripted tv because the handlers and supervisors plus legal filming time limits make it super expensive, so when we see them pop up on RH is a nice gift. It makes them relatable too.

Shannon is so uptight and stressed having the happy cutie Archie is such a gift. To think she opposed getting a dog! 

I sometimes think all these HW/SC that are boring or tacky get spin offs ... yet we wait for the spin off of just the adorable pets & cute kids.

giphy.gif

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ITALIA said:

I'll rephrase. The MAJORITY of those who go to the University of Spoiled Children have parents who are wealthy. Get it?

That's just completely untrue.  Admission is need-blind.  The university has a huge endowment and is fairly generous with financial aid.  I assume you've never actually set foot on the campus, talked to any of the students, or bothered to look up any facts, figures, or statistics. 

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 11
On 9/21/2017 at 11:00 PM, zoeysmom said:

Although it appears Shannon is talking to herself there are camera crew and producers on the other side of the camera.  Although having Shannon talk to herself is kind of funny.

I think Tamra and Shannon not talking to Vicki is about as real as the show gets.  Vicki screaming at Tamra was too much.  I am so tired of hearing that Vicki hits back hard.  She should not hit in the first place.  I get she loved Brooks, pretty much unconditionally, but she did destroy her friendships with the other women in the process.  Vicki wanted Brooks and the rest of the cast didn't want his stench.

Vicki and Tamra have never been close in the off season.  Eddie has always disliked Vicki.  The closest friend Vicki ever had was Shannon.    Shannon and Tamra are friends-bit I do question the almighty Tamra who complains about Shannon. Kind of sick that someone should remain on the show because they delivered a cancer scam and brought the ratings in.

I thought that Tamra and Vicki have always, until recently, been very close, off screen, no matter what kind of fighting they had going on in the script, I mean realty show. (Brianna has confirmed this.) That's one reason I have taken issue with Vicki.  She would get back with Vicki as if nothing had happened in her personal time, no matter how Tamra treated her on screen.  I'm glad she finally saw Tamra.  But, it doesn't matter. She'll take Tamra back, no matter what she says or does.  I don't get it. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought that Tamra and Vicki have always, until recently, been very close, off screen, no matter what kind of fighting they had going on in the script, I mean realty show. (Brianna has confirmed this.) That's one reason I have taken issue with Vicki.  She would get back with Vicki as if nothing had happened in her personal time, no matter how Tamra treated her on screen.  I'm glad she finally saw Tamra.  But, it doesn't matter. She'll take Tamra back, no matter what she says or does.  I don't get it. 

According to Tamra they did not spend time together when they weren't filming.  At first I was surprised but then if you weigh in Simon and Vicki's discord, Eddie's dislike of Vicki for several years and Tamra dislike of Brooks it makes sense.  And of course there is the fact Vicki works you know.  They may have had a texting relationship/phone call relationship but it pretty much seems they were more reality TV friends. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, ITALIA said:

7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

That's just completely untrue.  Admission is need-blind.  The university has a huge endowment and is fairly generous with financial aid.  I assume you've never actually set foot on the campus, talked to any of the students, or bothered to look up any facts, figures, or statistics. 

Included in those facts, figures, or statistics would have to be a definition of "wealthy," which is sorely lacking in these assertions.

I guess USC is used to dealing with such misconceptions, because their website on financial aid for prospective undergrads leads off with, in a big graphic, the fact that "nearly 2/3" of students receive some form of financial aid. 

• Love 8

The boob-cast was for Michael to remember the good old days when Kelly had 32Gs.

OMG - what is it with Peggy the Armenian Weirdo and her creepy, Freudian "do you love me?" to her elementary school age son, who is understandably fed up with being placed by his mother as a wedge between his parents by asking the "same question all his life".  Then (little) Dickran has to immediately assert his superiority with the pathetic retort, "But who's number one?"  Oedipus got nothin' on the Armenians -- Peggy setting the two of them against each other over who loves her more?  Even in jest it seems pretty sicko shit.  I feel sorry for whomever Koko marries - she'll be perpetually unable to get along with (much less please) her jealous witch of a mother in law.  Perfect!

Archie - SO adorable.

Seriously, Lydia, the first time "cut off his balls" was a little humorous -- a tiny bit.  The fifteenth time, not so much.  Zip it now, homegirl.  I always thought "push present" was a sweet idea for those who don't expect to be in serious debt after the birth of a child, but I believe now I've heard it all -- a "clip present"?  Really Doug?

Y'all - a narcissist will NEVER admit wrongdoing or come clean, even when caught red-handed.  Vicki will go to her grave refusing the notion that she ever "lied about cancer".  Give it up already.  We've all seen her at it and then denying it.  Unless there's a specific reason to deal with a narcissist (they're your parent, spouse, RHOC co-star) most people just stop trying.  Tamra should have told Vicki on the phone that having coffee would be nice but a waste of time if she's doing it to seek a reconciliation.  Vicki would have snapped her wig over that, and the story line between them could be enhanced, and we can just stop trying to make the "Vicki apologizes and sees the error of her ways" a real thing.  I mean, hell would freeze over first.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 10
On 9/19/2017 at 9:50 AM, FamilyVan said:

Yes that was awesome.  Vicki really thinks just because she says something, it should be taken as truth/fact.  "I never think about Shannon!" translation, I think of her constantly and drive Steve and Brianna crazy talking about her all the time.

That was hilarious!  Shannon:  "I wasn't doing that Lydia, I am outraged that you would think I would do something like that.  That's not me, that's not who I am.  That's not something Shannon Beador would do, you are misunderstanding the type of person I am.  The immature leg squeezing you are accusing me of is completely not what I was doing, AT YOU.  I was doing it at someone else, so clearly, you have got me all wrong!!"   

I honestly don't think Vicki does care about Shannon.  Now, Tamra, I do think she obsesses about. Her boyfriend definitely called Vicki on her bs about Tamra, but I don't Vicki thinks much about Shannon or how she (Vicki ) hurt Shannon. 

Tamra is definitely over Shannon's neediness.  I can't stand Tamra but I don't blame her. Shannon is a lot, I mean alot, a lot. She'd be to much for a real friend with real care for other people.  Tamra is not that kind of friend. Plus I personally think Shannon needs a team of friends to tame the crazy.

I enjoyed peggy this episode.  Her I don't give shit attitude  (real or not ) cracked me up. I have a tendency to be contrary  just to be contrary when I'm not feeling people. I enjoyed peggy and her husband saying that.  I actually thought peggy telling Shannon that she hasn't figured her out yet, was not that bad. Shannon needs to be liked (much like vicki) so I get why it annoyed her. If someone told me they haven't figured me out , I'd be like "that's good , keep working at it." ....but that's me.

I did like Brianna's... "ugh, who cares!" When Vicki again brought up the  Eddie's gay rumors.  

I dont pay much attention to kelly because well just because.  

Lydia was already not liking Shannon,  so I can see where she saw Shannon being whatever she was being as  offensive and aimed towards her. When you don't like someone you might be  prone to watch them and think they are being mean, rude whatever. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2