Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
aquarian1

S16 Fashion Week Discussion

Recommended Posts

With Fashion Week upon us, contestant collections (decoys plus finalists) will be seen.  Discuss that here. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this thread!

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for the thread!  I was rummaging thru the images this morning wondering where to post about them.  The ones I found were here.

As usual, they always look better in actual movement than pictures.  I feel like they had to parade all the designers out because there are still so many left on the show, but it's fairly clear which portion of designers make it to the end.   

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, beagletime said:

What is Heidi wearing? Or barely wearing.  Something about that outfit looks really tacky.  Not because it shows skin.  It looks so cheaply made. 

I can hear a repeat of the comment made to Aaron:  "I'm certainly glad you're wearing underwear" (if she is).

There are times when I wondered whether Michael Kors was no longer on PR because of his constant put-downs of outfits that he called "slutty" or "hoochie."  They were usually longer and looser than what Heidi was wearing during that particular episode.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

So how does this work?  Do all 16 original designers put on a show so that attendees don't know who are the finalists? And if so - do they all get the same amount of money to create their collection? Some years it has been around $9000 each - that would add up to a lot given how cheap they've gotten over the years on other things. (I assume one of the reasons all challenges are now single day is so the show can be filmed in half to a third of the time of early seasons to save production costs). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I know models aren't supposed to smile (look happy) and have "the face" but some of them looked downright bored, unhappy, disappointed and over it. 

Was that guest judge Jessica Alba? 

Wow. Yolanda Foster front row. Was she there to get recognized or was one of her daughters walking? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

Thank you for the thread!  I was rummaging thru the images this morning wondering where to post about them.  The ones I found were here.

As usual, they always look better in actual movement than pictures.  I feel like they had to parade all the designers out because there are still so many left on the show, but it's fairly clear which portion of designers make it to the end.   

I want to know who designed the collection with all the tulle and the red dress with black tulle that makes the model look like she's pooping tulle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought this was kind of interesting...

PRFW1a.JPG.f5f337473580dfa87471a8a5fc2d7cc3.JPG

Until I saw this...

PRFW1b.JPG.d6aae2062afa5f0cb0a38441ebb4fa5b.JPG

 

Batani's grand entrance, LOL

PRFW2b.JPG.23757261907eda9eced2289d6dea6639.JPGPRFW2a.JPG.7e6934399b31274e06da241b3618245c.JPG

 

Spectacularly bad.

Beauty comes in every size! Now we know ugly does too.

PRFW3.thumb.JPG.9c6106016d228fff5bf7852459ec7073.JPGPRFW4.thumb.JPG.f67b3eb1dc1692719b8b068e1a3a140b.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

This would have to be Brandon

PRFW5.thumb.JPG.ca13ada079f77c61f00218145a5173fc.JPG

 

 

Golly, I can't imagine who would've done this collection. Interesting stuff by my god those prints are depressing.

PRFW6.JPG.5a0d77cce3c34a1497e988ea4eb2af36.JPG

PRFW7.thumb.JPG.4721ec7cdaf082c2a6a27352990e73cc.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I know models aren't supposed to smile (look happy) and have "the face" but some of them looked downright bored, unhappy, disappointed and over it. 

Was that guest judge Jessica Alba? 

Wow. Yolanda Foster front row. Was she there to get recognized or was one of her daughters walking? 

Jessica Alba is the guest judge. 

There is no chance on earth that Yolo would let either of her girls walk in the Project Runway show. Judge? Yes. Walk? Never. Gigi and Bella get paid at least $100K to post stuff on Instagram. Gigi just walked in the Tom Ford show. A show with a JC Penney accessories wall is too low rent for them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Gosh..........all manners of ugly.  I can't imagine who did the group with the orange furball hat and see-thru bosom outfit.  It would most likely be the one who had the see-thru shorts with tidy whities, but he couldn't possibly make it to fashion week, could he? yuck

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Margarita?

PRFW9b.JPG.37b22767a06084c080b586b392be3

It looks like it to me.  Although I find most of the looks unusually f'ug for the Fashion Week finale, I'd jump out of my front-row seat and squeal like a toddler at Disneyland if I saw that yellow fish dress on the left.  Anyone who can make a 100% accurate image of my two all-time favorite saltwater fish and place them on a flowy maxi dress has a fan for life!  The top fish is a Mandarin Goby, and the bottom fish is an Emperor Angel.  As a hobbyist/fanatic, in my not humble opinion, there are no aquatic creatures that come close to equalling the beauty of those two.  She chose perfectly, and I'll crown her MY winner for that, no matter what.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Bebecat said:

Oh gross both twins?? Hope that is just a blind. And one on crutches...great.

so much ugly on those runways. Yikes.

In a photo before that you can see Deyonte and Sentell walking in front of them, and they are obviously not among the finalists. I think all the contestants walked, and the twins just happened to be at the end, possibly because the one on crutches is slow and possibly because they were afraid another contestant might accidentally kick a crutch out from under her.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

It looks like it to me.  Although I find most of the looks unusually f'ug for the Fashion Week finale, I'd jump out of my front-row seat and squeal like a toddler at Disneyland if I saw that yellow fish dress on the left.  Anyone who can make a 100% accurate image of my two all-time favorite saltwater fish and place them on a flowy maxi dress has a fan for life!  The top fish is a Mandarin Goby, and the bottom fish is an Emperor Angel.  As a hobbyist/fanatic, in my not humble opinion, there are no aquatic creatures that come close to equalling the beauty of those two.  She chose perfectly, and I'll crown her MY winner for that, no matter what.

I can't really wear yellow and I want that dress SO MUCH. Gimme. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Other than the yellow dress with the fish on it, these barely qualify as clothes let alone fashion to me.  A whole lot of ugly, craft projects.  Oh Project Runway how you have fallen.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

This makes me wonder if the Project Runway show is usually the Laughingstock of Fashion Week.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:17 PM, sleepyjean said:

I thought this was kind of interesting...

PRFW1a.JPG.f5f337473580dfa87471a8a5fc2d7cc3.JPG

Until I saw this...

PRFW1b.JPG.d6aae2062afa5f0cb0a38441ebb4fa5b.JPG

 

Batani's grand entrance, LOL

PRFW2b.JPG.23757261907eda9eced2289d6dea6639.JPGPRFW2a.JPG.7e6934399b31274e06da241b3618245c.JPG

 

Spectacularly bad.

Beauty comes in every size! Now we know ugly does too.

PRFW3.thumb.JPG.9c6106016d228fff5bf7852459ec7073.JPGPRFW4.thumb.JPG.f67b3eb1dc1692719b8b068e1a3a140b.JPG

Unfortunately, I think that top look with the Black tulle is Kentaro...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 08/09/2017 at 11:23 PM, CherryMalotte said:

Thank you for the thread!  I was rummaging thru the images this morning wondering where to post about them.  The ones I found were here.

As usual, they always look better in actual movement than pictures.  I feel like they had to parade all the designers out because there are still so many left on the show, but it's fairly clear which portion of designers make it to the end.   

Thanks a lo for the link ! OMG ! Some pieces are really good !!!! (yes, I'm suprised to say that too, lol !)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Thanks a lo for the link ! OMG ! Some pieces are really good !!!! (yes, I'm suprised to say that too, lol !)

Remember that only about the first 5 pages are Project Runway.  Page 6 onwards, there are other designer's clothes.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Remember that only about the first 5 pages are Project Runway.  Page 6 onwards, there are other designer's clothes.

Yes ! But I really love some pieces. For instance, that one (ETA : and her collection seems really great. No what expected, and I like it. I would wore some of her pieces) :

Capture.PNG

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Yes ! But I really love some pieces. For instance, that one (ETA : and her collection seems really great. No what expected, and I like it. I would wore some of her pieces) :

Capture.PNG

I love this.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/8/2017 at 8:17 PM, sleepyjean said:

I thought this was kind of interesting...

PRFW1a.JPG.f5f337473580dfa87471a8a5fc2d7cc3.JPG

Until I saw this...

PRFW1b.JPG.d6aae2062afa5f0cb0a38441ebb4fa5b.JPG

 

Batani's grand entrance, LOL

PRFW2b.JPG.23757261907eda9eced2289d6dea6639.JPGPRFW2a.JPG.7e6934399b31274e06da241b3618245c.JPG

 

Spectacularly bad.

Beauty comes in every size! Now we know ugly does too.

PRFW3.thumb.JPG.9c6106016d228fff5bf7852459ec7073.JPGPRFW4.thumb.JPG.f67b3eb1dc1692719b8b068e1a3a140b.JPG

I'm fairly certain the black tulle explosion is Kentaro's. Are these other looks Aaron's?  ^^^They are heinous. Ugh. Just ugh. And the styling *shudder*

 Margarita's looks are kind of fun and interesting, and I would love Ayana's if she had used less drab colors. Brandon - meh.

So neither Amy nor Samantha made the finals? I haz a sad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well...Chacha was there. And the fraggle rock outfits must've been his, or else this is a horrific coincidence. If he showed, surely Amy and Samantha did too.

 

PRFWchaha.JPG.6a7e771127650ab14aaadb680796168d.JPGPRFWchaha2.JPG.cea787c2d32676ada60bc956f4836cc7.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't see how they can be his since he was first out. If he were showing, everyone would be, and there aren't enough collections for that. I believe all the contestants were present, even if they weren't showing a collection. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

If one of the finalists designed the see-through top where you can not only see the models boobs, but her nips as well, they are going to be slammed by the judges.  There have been see-through looks in other seasons, though not quite to this extreme, and Heidi Was Not Pleased.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Even though I'm not fond of the flamingo print, I do like the design of that collection. Very interesting to look at, just wish the colors were more striking.

You can tell Ayana's stuff instantly because of the modesty angle. I feel like they've been setting her up for the win from the beginning to have another "first". "Look everyone, the FIRST modest designer in Project Runway history!" I can just see it now. Some of her stuff is really cute and looks comfortable, I just don't care for the hoods.

The see-through stuff HAS to be that weird guy who wore the see-through shorts with his tighty-whities showing in Ep. 4 (can't remember his name). The pale blond guy with the glasses? UGH! I can't believe he made it that far. I'm hoping it's one of the decoys.

Margarite's has to be the colorful, tropical collection. It's got her personality written all over it. While the prints are very happy and it looks like fun clothes, I don't see it winning. (Yellow fish dress is adorable for island wear)

I'm praying neither one of the twins made it far enough to get to the top 6....ugh!!!!! I'm from the same area in MI and they are giving us a bad name...INDEED!!!

Edited by SopranoKris
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

Even though I'm not fond of the flamingo print, I do like the design of that collection. Very interesting to look at, just wish the colors were more striking.

I didn't even realize those were Flamingos until my second or third pass at it. Those aren't just Flamingos, that's two different Flamingo prints.  That fabric looks like old bedsheets that are faded out from being washed a million times over a couple of decades. He can't possibly have thought that would go over well with the judges on ONE outfit, let alone as many as he created. I counted at least 8 different ones with that fabric.

flamingo.JPG.2e221c3e43c806827a44ca73e78e30bf.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So apparently, sheer tops that show the boobs are a thing now. Calvin Klein has one in his Fall 2017 collection. Two thousand bucks for a top that can get you arrested in most parts of the country. Did one of the designers copy him, or has this idea been floating around for a while?

Edited by Yokosmom
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/14/2017 at 1:17 PM, TexasGal said:

This is interesting.  Kentaro?

For some reason, this reminds me of that horror movie where that girl with the long dark hair crawled out of the tv and killed people. Can't remember what it was called.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Surely this collection is a joke, right?  Or a spite collection?

I'll take the PR Junior guy who did the Cracker Barrell wear over this satin and Big Bird collection.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

For some reason, this reminds me of that horror movie where that girl with the long dark hair crawled out of the tv and killed people. Can't remember what it was called.

Ha!  The Ring?  I can see that.  But I still like it.  Whatever that says about me...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/9/2017 at 7:24 PM, auntlada said:

In a photo before that you can see Deyonte and Sentell walking in front of them, and they are obviously not among the finalists. I think all the contestants walked, and the twins just happened to be at the end, possibly because the one on crutches is slow and possibly because they were afraid another contestant might accidentally kick a crutch out from under her.

I think all or most contestants show so there are not spoilers during the season.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2017 at 5:39 PM, SingleMaltBlonde said:

I think all or most contestants show so there are not spoilers during the season.

Nope. Only 6 designers showed. That's been the standard after the move to Lifetime and Lifetime's inability to time the airing of the show to coincide with Fashion Week. If you'll look again at that USA Today article, they clearly state that there were only 6 collections shown.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/09/08/project-runway-season-16-finalists-debut-collections-new-york-fashion-week/646875001/

I think there might have been one season with more than 6, but it's a terrible idea to allow everyone to do a fashion week collection because you'll get more Swapnils. You'll have contestants with no incentive to participate in the competition because they know they're guaranteed a spot at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and international press coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size