Type keyword(s) to search

S16 Fashion Week Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/8/2017 at 11:23 PM, sleepyjean said:

This would have to be Brandon

PRFW5.thumb.JPG.ca13ada079f77c61f00218145a5173fc.JPG

Golly, I can't imagine who would've done this collection. Interesting stuff by my god those prints are depressing.

PRFW6.JPG.5a0d77cce3c34a1497e988ea4eb2af36.JPG

PRFW7.thumb.JPG.4721ec7cdaf082c2a6a27352990e73cc.JPG

the bottom collection looks like Kentaro  That last picture reminds me of the leggings he just did for the model challenge.  And it just feels like a collection we would see from him

• Love 1

I've been looking at the collections, and I think this is how it played out. I'm attaching names, but I don't have any inside info, so these are all guesses.

Ayana's collection

Ayana1.JPG.160ff159f9bd96181e2fc0daba2ab0a5.JPGAyana2.JPG.82d8f34f2207db1c510e3dc84540a9be.JPGAyana3.JPG.d8e1600ea864e67b8126b974d57e40d8.JPGAyana4.JPG.0217c72b3b7d682a1af7bd871b4379cb.JPGAyana5.JPG.9dcbf55238068a00e0c32459caa12182.JPGAyana6.JPG.6754da8853fc6e6bb6b9d3695e53344f.JPGAyana7.JPG.68797b6577a13449d4fb0802ba165a9b.JPGAyana8.JPG.7b274aac5641f8e99e2063eab5aeb68c.JPGAyana9.JPG.1a48e59af7bcfc6ef7eeaabf87c1fdee.JPGAyana10.JPG.1af14896554ce5b2bcd8ffa88c664545.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

I guess that last one has to be Claire.  It is god awful.  Especially the peach get up with the shiny ruffle on the waist of a big girl. 

ETA.  Are we sure this isn't Michael?  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I guess that last one has to be Claire.  It is god awful.  Especially the peach get up with the shiny ruffle on the waist of a big girl. 

Bright, pink, and shiny screams "claire" to me. I suppose it could be Michael doing something unexpected. Heaven knows I never expected Brandon to make his entire collection out of that bargain-bin flamingo print. There's always room for surprises.

• Love 3

I just realized, I forgot about Batani. That last collection could be hers. Doesn't seem like a fit, but I guess it could be. Or maybe the super colorful one is hers, not Margarita's. After all Batani is the queen of patterns. (snort).

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I just realized, I forgot about Batani. That last collection could be hers. Doesn't seem like a fit, but I guess it could be. Or maybe the super colorful one is hers, not Margarita's. After all Batani is the queen of patterns. (snort).

Good catch.  

16 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Speaking of snorting . . . do you think the judges ever have to stop themselves from doing that when some of this garbage struts past?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Brandon (obviously)

The short dress with all the streamers hanging from the model's wrists remeinds me of Der Struwwelpeter.  

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Margarita?

The asymetrical skirt with off the shoulder top looks like a pirate wench costume.  

This has to be Claire

OMG!  One worse than the other!  Try to find something good to say about one of those...go ahead, I dare you.  

I think you're probably right about the designers associated with all, except maybe the one you think is Margarita's.  The prints make me think Batani, but who knows.  

38 minutes ago, gingerormaryann said:

I would say second to last is Batani and last is Margarita.  On her Instagram

Aren't two of those collections categorized as decoys though?

• Love 3

Do we know what episodes they were filming when Fashion Week happened?  Even if we see that one of these could be Claire it doesn't mean she wasn't eliminated next week. 

Odds are she wasn't.  If Daniel was not booted for hiding a pattern book Claire is not going to be let go for her minor offenses.  

Did she win the challenge where she copied the sweat shirt thing?  That would be a problem. 

ETA. She did not win.  Ah well, she is not going anywhere.  I can stop hoping now. 

Edited by wings707

Brandon's reminds me of a weird collection of hospital gowns. As for the last collection, there is one amazing nerd outfit: jean jacket with orange fluff, denim bell bottom flood pants, anklets with high heels. That model looks embarrassed.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Brandon's reminds me of a weird collection of hospital gowns. As for the last collection, there is one amazing nerd outfit: jean jacket with orange fluff, denim bell bottom flood pants, anklets with high heels. That model looks embarrassed.

Nailed it about Brandon's collection (and everything he has "designed" so far)!

I went back and looked at the nerd outfit.  Nothing says sexy like having your zipper/fly in a different color so everyone's eyes are drawn to you RIGHT THERE.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 1

From that same collection.  This model must have been horrified she had to wear that!  Way to dress a plus size woman.  sheeeesh  Looks like something Ashley would have designed sans the head dress. 

CollectionA-6.JPG.2c9d3b168f11a4220c4bd9

• Love 2

The poor quality is one thing, but I think it says a lot about the POV of the fifth collection that we can't even figure out who's it is. It looks nothing like Amy's aesthetic, but could be equal parts Claire, Michael or Batani. 

Lots of designers have choked at fashion week and turned in a collection that was a disappointing departure from their work on the show (Bradon and Christopher P come to mind), so this could be a weak showing from Michael. It's also pretty standard work from Batani (the use of colours and tendency to put trim up the middle of the garment) in terms of quality, and a slight improvement (how sad) for Claire.

It's possible Claire tried to step up the "creativity" and ended up with a mess, but I can't imagine she wouldn't take this chance to showcase the type of stuff she and Shorne already have in their collection. Also, I can't imagine Batani surviving this past challenge, so I guess I'm leaning toward Michael. 

• Love 1

Do we have all the collections that were shown or are we missing one or two?  I just cannot find Amy in there.   I am not even sure what I am looking for though!  lol

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

What I would like for them to have done is give a group of designers not in the top three or four the same fabrics and have them all design two or three outfits. Then put them all together on the runway and call it a collection. No one would be able to figure out whose it was. I don't think they are that sneaky, though.

• Love 1

In a concerted effort to avoid cleaning my house I looked at all the runways from each episode to see what Amy made.  I had no recollection of anything other than that hideous blue denim suit.  She made some things I would have put in the top rather than just being safe.  I was trying to get a feel for which collection might be hers.  Still no clue. 

Is that a nipple? Because - WHY, Kenya? WHY?

It's awfully dark for someone so fair, and it doesn't match the one on the other side, but what else could it be?

KF2.JPG.ef0aa564a9f244398262d4cf60d1784d.JPG

I am not convinced this is Kendra's collection, it is too good.  It could be Claire's, don't let the peplum fool you.  LOL .  She does not appear to be fair, to me and her other nipple is obscured by the print. 

Now that it has become fairly obvious about which two are responsible for those last two trainwreck collections, all I can do is laugh when either of them is critical of any other designers work.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ichbin said:

Now that it has become fairly obvious about which two are responsible for those last two trainwreck collections, all I can do is laugh when either of them is critical of any other designers work.

I've never been super fond of Brandon's aesthetic (fashionable hospital gowns), but Michael's collection is a straight up ughbomination. Kenya made updated 40s inspired clothes (not fashion) as always. I quite like Kentaro's, Ayana's, and Margarita's.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2017 at 8:59 PM, wings707 said:

Especially the peach get up with the shiny ruffle on the waist of a big girl. 

That design sort of look likes the Native American design Michael did for the Dixie Cup challenge.

On 10/7/2017 at 8:20 PM, sleepyjean said:

The only ones left at this point in the competition are Amy, Michael, and Claire. This has to be Claire. Which pretty much tells us what happened with the "cheating" issue.

CollectionA-1.JPG.24fd9e78b4d7b058f1ac66fc3090706c.JPGCollectionA-2.JPG.aea74bf2c29b35a44b844e2e9714aac3.JPGCollectionA-3.JPG.3eaf2f77c86ba0d7f43f3e45e89a4b24.JPGCollectionA-4.JPG.552ab54ed6f883ec953eea8a2f37947d.JPGCollectionA-5.JPG.fd697f7d656459edf6b698b5b494dbe3.JPGCollectionA-6.JPG.2c9d3b168f11a4220c4bd967913f5631.JPGCollectionA-7.JPG.64051448a08f77fbafe395699dedab49.JPGCollectionA-8.JPG.e41859aa523b0e8d4a345cb0b67a1156.JPGCollectionA-9.JPG.799a7b7c2f1a1f171273cb4ffb357fab.JPGCollectionA-10.JPG.04cb067b0f5e829c8c47091d35414596.JPG

So given we know the final 6 lineup now, I agree with all the speculation above and that would make this Michael's.  Which is weird, it does not seem like him to me at all.

Also, just noticed it looks like Brandon got Liris.  Read into that what you will.  

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 1

Looking at these collections, I would love to see Kentaro/Brandon/Ayana/Magarita collections in motion.

Even though Kenya has been doing pretty well so far in the competition, her collection is too basic.

I really like this group of designers (Top 6) and I'm hoping to see a Top 4 finale (Kentaro/Brandon/Ayana/Magarita). But I'm feeling really nervous for Kentaro, he seems to be struggling in the next episode.

On 8.10.2017 at 3:20 AM, sleepyjean said:

The only ones left at this point in the competition are Amy, Michael, and Claire. This has to be Claire. Which pretty much tells us what happened with the "cheating" issue.

CollectionA-1.JPG.24fd9e78b4d7b058f1ac66fc3090706c.JPGCollectionA-2.JPG.aea74bf2c29b35a44b844e2e9714aac3.JPGCollectionA-3.JPG.3eaf2f77c86ba0d7f43f3e45e89a4b24.JPGCollectionA-4.JPG.552ab54ed6f883ec953eea8a2f37947d.JPGCollectionA-5.JPG.fd697f7d656459edf6b698b5b494dbe3.JPGCollectionA-6.JPG.2c9d3b168f11a4220c4bd967913f5631.JPGCollectionA-7.JPG.64051448a08f77fbafe395699dedab49.JPGCollectionA-8.JPG.e41859aa523b0e8d4a345cb0b67a1156.JPGCollectionA-9.JPG.799a7b7c2f1a1f171273cb4ffb357fab.JPGCollectionA-10.JPG.04cb067b0f5e829c8c47091d35414596.JPG

I don't think that Tim will use his safe in retrospect for Michael - so he is out, not to be saved again - there is still an extra collection presented on NYFW & all the designers are there walking the runway seemingly proud... I'm just wondering.. maybe because their work was shown?

my guess is all the eliminated designers worked on the last collection! that's why we can't find Amy's, Michael's or Batani's fingerpringt on it - it is symbiosis of all working on a project together.

-> every collection has 10 pieces, there are 11 eliminated designers.. so either way Claire & Shawn worked on one look (like always) or one designer couldn't participate or didn't take the chance.. I guess they were given a theme for the collection and had to work hard on their cohesiveness - some designers didn't see the sense in working their arse off, so they went the easy way - that's why it is the weakest collection and well also because the designers were eliminated out of good reasons.

I already have some thoughts of which look could be which designers baby going by their taste level..

Edited by Sera Berlin
  • Love 1

Looking at these collections, I would love to see Kentaro/Brandon/Ayana/Magarita collections in motion.

I can't agree with this enough - there have been collections in the past where I first saw photos and thought 'nope' but seeing them in actual movement made me change my mind.  

That one collection...with all the ruffles and silver and furry bits?  I think there's a muppet or two missing.... 

When watching this season, I kept thinking to myself that this group of designers was really weak; that I haven't really been "wowed" by anything (Kentaro's pleated kimono-style dress being the closest). But I was surprised that when I saw these collection photos, I knew right away who made what (except for Michael's sad, sad showing). To me, that indicates that they at least have a strong point of view, and they know their aesthetic, which makes me have a tiny bit more respect for their talent.
I don't know why Brandon isn't called out for relying on the straps (gimmick), when even Sean from a few seasons back was given a little slap on the wrist for using fringe 2-3 times in challenges. And we've seen other designers get dinged for being a one way monkey. That being said, even though it's not anything I would ever wear, I do think his clothes are perfectly tailored and look very well made. Kentaro's is probably my favorite, because it's just a little bit whimsical and a little bit gothic, which is a perfect combo. I enjoy his design and personality the most, and I'm hoping he pulls out the win.
Kenya's lacks refinement, and looks quite cheap. It's also not forward-thinking; it looks like some thing you could buy right now.
I appreciate that Margerita used bold colours, but I don't find her clothing very beautiful. It looked like she let the fabric do all the talking.

• Love 1
On 9/26/2017 at 7:43 PM, PoshSprinkles said:

I'd bet Brandon is the winner given he has Liris for his show model. She's been the most outspoken model on the show and featured heavily in comparison to the rest. 

I don't know, the collection that looks like Ayana has Myesha (hope that's the right spelling).  She has been the model with the golden touch lately.  If Brandon doesn't win with Liris, then Ayana will win with Myesha.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:18 PM, rereader2 said:

I forget which week it was, but there was one with a big jacket and a very, very fitted black dress underneath.

ETA: It was week 3. http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/pictures/season-16-episode-3-final-looks/pr16-ep3-brk-final

Do I recall correctly that the model never removed the jacket, either on the catwalk or during the critiques?  If so, was the fitted look of the front of the dress, (or at least the half of the front we're given to see) accomplished with safety pins, duct tape and a hot glue gun?

On 10/31/2017 at 8:56 PM, SnarkyTart said:
On 10/29/2017 at 7:20 AM, AZChristian said:

Here's the runway for Episode 3.

Several of the models dropped a jacket or coat to show the garment underneath.  It appears that Brandon's did not.  

Thank you.  It does reinforce my suspicions.

Quite a few designers showed straps hanging from their clothes in episode 3.  It is definitely something that is being done this season.