Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 34 (2017-2018)

Athena
  • Start Topic

It wouldn’t be Drinking Songs, it would be Potent Potables Polyphony.

Another clarinet/bass clarinet player here! I still have my clarinet somewhere in my bedroom closet, but it’s been 30 years since I last played it in college.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

"The FJ is Children's Lit. It might help if you have children." No, you pompous ass. It was ridiculously easy and all three got it right. 

I hope nobody on the panel tonight was struggling with infertility. And you're right, the answer was immediately and extremely obvious regardless of one's parent status!

• Love 10

Gotta add, I loved the champ's WTF look in the intro when AT said something about "Catherine celebrating yesterday's  victory with a new pendant." Good grief. She changed clothes and therefore changed jewelry. He's really making me stabby. I can't imagine his brilliant small talk at cocktail parties. 

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

"The FJ is Children's Lit. It might help if you have children." No, you pompous ass. It was ridiculously easy and all three got it right. 

I have no children AND I never read Charlotte's Web...and I still got it instantly. I thought it was a neat bit of trivia about the barn being sold, but the question itself was pretty easy.

For the Jeopardy band setlist, I hope to God that there's a song out there somewhere called "Good for You!"

• Love 8
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

Gotta add, I loved the champ's WTF look in the intro when AT said something about "Catherine celebrating yesterday's  victory with a new pendant." Good grief. She changed clothes and therefore changed jewelry. He's really making me stabby. I can't imagine his brilliant small talk at cocktail parties. 

I was all WTH at that. So Trebek thought she ran out between tapings (what, 20 minutes at tops?) and bought that pendant from some Navajo walking around Studio City. Right.

I saw that pendent right away when Catherine was introduced, and I loved it. I seldom notice clothing or jewelry but I love turquoise, and shop like crazy for it when I'm in Arizona. Unfortunately, I can't afford the really nice pieces but that doesn't stop me from loving them on others. So Trebek's snarky comment made me stabby too.

I'd also like to know how "hawk" is a "beastly" term. A hawk isn't a beast. But I guess according to Jeopardy judges it is.

Anyway, congrats to the now-two-day champ. I still like her. Calm, cool and best of all, no upspeak. I was a bit worried about her for a while, but she scored big at the end.

FJ was insanely easy, proven by the fact that I easily got it. And guess what Trebek, I don't have any children. Yet I still knew it. How did THAT happen?

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 15

Congrats to Catherine, who apparently raced out and bought a new pendant with winnings she won't receive for several weeks.  Alex, you're a dweeb.

I got strudels, Rhine, and "Now is the winter of our discontent" .

FJ was an instaget.  I have no kids, but I was a kid.  Does that count, Alex?

• Love 17
(edited)

Hey guys, remember DAVID, the tool ex-champ who Catherine beat? I looked him up. He's 20 and a sophomore at Brown. This is a quote from him in the Brown Alumni newsletter:

"My major is as yet undeclared, but I believe I’m going to declare English and theater studies. I’m really interested in studying literature and also studying performance and performing. So in addition to the knowledge aspect of Jeopardy! I’m drawn to the sheer acting aspect of performing this game in front of the camera.

I know ... surprise. NOT.

6 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Congrats to Catherine, who apparently raced out and bought a new pendant with winnings she won't receive for several weeks.  Alex, you're a dweeb.

This made me LOL. Thanks Carpe. Plus you made me remember reading Charlotte's Web when I was a kid. Who knew I could remember that far back?

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 13

I like Catherine's knowledge, and I like her calm, cool demeanor, and I even like her lovely brand-new pendant she bought with yesterday's winnings, but her vocal fry is killing me and makes my throat hurt.  I don't know how she can still speak at all.  I admit, I was rooting for middle girl who had neither upspeak nor vocal fry.

FJ was such an instaget that I seriously questioned whether or not it could possibly be right.  In the end, I couldn't think of another kid book in which a farm and barn figured prominently, and so went with Charlotte's Web.

For TS, I only got heirs and "Now is the winter of our discontent".

• Love 3

I don't know what vocal fry is.  Her voice didn't bother me at all.

Also, I guess an unpopular opinion, but I find Alex's comments kind of adorable in a dorky sort of way.  Every once in a while I'll cringe or roll my eyes, but that's about it.

I knew Charlotte' s Web from when my daughter was young.

• Love 9

That was a tough second round

But FJ was very easy. 

But again, just stupid betting with FJ.  I know it didn't matter, but the guy had $7000 and bet nothing.  There is no way he was going to win with that bet.  The person in first place was not going to bet enough to have less than $7000 even if she missed it, so his bet is useless. Heck even the second place person if she missed, he probably is not even catching her, so just beyond winning and try to get up to even second place isn't happening. At least bet it all or almost all of it so you get to $13k or $14k and have a chance if both the others miss it.  So annoying.  I can't believe people who are smart enough to make it on jeopardy can be so bad at basic math and simple game theory situations. 

• Love 6
(edited)
20 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

Shoutout to @teebax's Eagles!

<sniff>

They're my Eagles, too! Ring ceremony on Thursday!

I only got strudels tonight.  And FJ.  I've had hundreds of children over the years.  Take that, Trebek!  

For some still unknown reason, I thought learning to play the trumpet in high school was a good idea.  It wasn't.  On the plus side, I got an extra study hall when I dropped (was encouraged to leave) band.  

Edited by lb60
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Did anyone else hear the champ tonight (6/12) give an question without the question? I thought I heard her say "the answer" and not "who is" or "what is"

I think I know the moment you're talking about, but to me it just sounded like she said the first part really quickly.

55 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

FJ was such an instaget that I seriously questioned whether or not it could possibly be right.  In the end, I couldn't think of another kid book in which a farm and barn figured prominently, and so went with Charlotte's Web.

I kinda did the same thing. The only other book I could think of was Animal Farm, but that's not really a children's book. I don't know when it was written, but Charlotte's Web seemed to fit perfectly.

I got heirs, streudel, the Rhine, Famous Men, and the DD of Now is the winter of our discontent.

Catherine has nice printing. If she has vocal fry, I haven't noticed. Also, that just doesn't bother me anymore.

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

But FJ was very easy. 

But again, just stupid betting with FJ.  I know it didn't matter, but the guy had $7000 and bet nothing.  There is no way he was going to win with that bet.  The person in first place was not going to bet enough to have less than $7000 even if she missed it, so his bet is useless. Heck even the second place person if she missed, he probably is not even catching her, so just beyond winning and try to get up to even second place isn't happening. At least bet it all or almost all of it so you get to $13k or $14k and have a chance if both the others miss it.  So annoying.  I can't believe people who are smart enough to make it on jeopardy can be so bad at basic math and simple game theory situations. 

45 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

I can't believe people who are smart enough to make it on jeopardy can be so bad at basic math and simple game theory situations. 

People who appear on Jeopardy aren't necessarily smart, they just have a lot of trivia shmushed into their heads. And tend to do things like pronounce Chaucer "chow-ser".

• Love 10
(edited)
18 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

I suggest we name the band The Kit Carson Before Your Time All-Star Jeopardy Band featuring the Good For You Rhythm Section and the Women Authors Singers. The playlist will include The Think Music, standards in foreign languages (with the correct pronunciation) and, of course, Drinking Songs. All the titles will be in the form of a question.

THIS!

12 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'd also like to know how "hawk" is a "beastly" term. A hawk isn't a beast. But I guess according to Jeopardy judges it is.

Exactly what I complained to my dog when it happened. He wholeheartedly agreed; he knows his beasts.

12 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

FJ was an instaget.  I have no kids, but I was a kid.  Does that count, Alex?

EXACTLY! Shut up, Alex. He also strangely added "gypsies" to the "Roma" answer. I would expect Alex to know that term is now widely considered to be pejorative.

The only TS I got was streudel. FJ was a near instaget, only because Animal Farm briefly popped into my head first. I didn't love Charlotte's Web and I remember taking off the cover wrap because I was/am deathly afraid of spiders.

Edited by YoureSoUrban
  • Love 8

Do today’s children read Charlotte’s Web or have it read to them? Is it before their time???

As another childless person, I know it from being a child at one point, not having them. 

• Love 8

Am I going out of my way to find ways that Alex is condescending to women? If a man had as much money as Catherine after two games, I think he would have used an adjective other than "consistent"? Or is he an equal opportunity condescender?

• Love 2

Y'all are killing me with the Kit Carson Before Your Time All-Star Jeopardy Orchestra featuring the Good For You Rhythm Section and the Women Authors Singers. With the No Boo Hiss Players and the Alber Camoo Dancers! 

I was so glad that Mr Mystery Author & Dr Toothbrush's girlfriend got her DD correct & was able to overtake Rebecca. Funny that Monday the DD was the first clue uncovered, and Tuesday it was the last. Poor Jason was either out of his league or, more likely, had a bad case of nerves. He didn't seem to comprehend what some clues were asking for - surely he knows that Napoleon was never a US president, and "winter" for his DD which asked for the 7 word opening line. He didn't even phrase it in the form of a question. 

TS I got were Maisy (my first cat's name), heirs, strudels, Rhine River, "Now is the winter of our discontent". FJ was an instaget.

6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I saw that pendent right away when Catherine was introduced, and I loved it. 

I loved it too! Guess they're sold at the Sony gift shop. 

4 hours ago, lb60 said:

<sniff>

They're my Eagles, too! Ring ceremony on Thursday!  

Aww, I didn't mean to leave you out. You are getting all the shoutouts lately! One Hundred Acre Wood & The Eagles!

2 hours ago, Pallida said:

Do today’s children read Charlotte’s Web or have it read to them? Is it before their time???

As another childless person, I know it from being a child at one point, not having them. 

My kids are 14, 11, 11 & I have read it to all of them. One of the 11 year olds read it herself a couple of years ago. 

16 minutes ago, Mystery Author said:

Gee, I hope Catherine loses <wink-wink>.

I was wondering if we should start this. 

2 hours ago, HavartiHead42 said:

Am I going out of my way to find ways that Alex is condescending to women? If a man had as much money as Catherine after two games, I think he would have used an adjective other than "consistent"? Or is he an equal opportunity condescender?

As much as I hate to give Alex the benefit of the doubt for his socially awkward bordering on misogynist comments, this was not the case here. Consistent referred to the fact that she won the exact same amount both days.   

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

As much as I hate to give Alex the benefit of the doubt for his socially awkward bordering on misogynist comments, this was not the case here. Consistent referred to the fact that she won the exact same amount both days.   

Right. It just so happened that the contestants in second (Tracey and Rebecca) going into FJ had scores of $11,600 on both nights. The amount Catherine needed to protect against the max bet and secure the win was twice that +1 to avoid the tie, so it was $23,201 on both nights. 

• Love 4

I got a few TS’s and FJ. Wasn’t my best game but I did well enough. I’m still so tickled about our band/orchestra chat that I wasn’t even bothered about any of my misses or AT. That’s a first! 

• Love 4

I couldn't help but think that the categories for Double Jeopardy in last night's show were the J! writers contribution to the  Kit Carson Before Your Time All-Star Jeopardy Orchestra featuring the Good For You Rhythm Section and the Women Authors Singers. With the No Boo Hiss Players and the Alber Camoo Dancers playlist. And don't tell me that it was taped weeks ago. The writers have psychic powers, as we all know.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I kinda did the same thing. The only other book I could think of was Animal Farm, but that's not really a children's book. I don't know when it was written, but Charlotte's Web seemed to fit perfectly.

It was an Instaget for me, but while we were waiting we discussed Animal Farm and dismissed it for that reason (and iirc, there was an American element to the clue too - which also put it out of the running)

10 hours ago, Brookside said:

People who appear on Jeopardy aren't necessarily smart, they just have a lot of trivia shmushed into their heads. And tend to do things like pronounce Chaucer "chow-ser".

Hey! I'm smart - my mother had me tested. ;) I do well in arts, history, and some sciences, but I am hopeless at math when under pressure. If I ever got on, betting would be my downfall. To be fair to the contestant, mispronunciation is generally a factor of having only seen the word/name in print.

9 hours ago, YoureSoUrban said:

EXACTLY! Shut up, Alex. He also strangely added "gypsies" to the "Roma" answer. I would expect Alex to know that term is now widely considered to be pejorative.

I didn't hear Alex adding that while I was telling the mister that his answer of gypsies should have been Roma, to which he replied, pointing at the TV - "they just said it was acceptable." sigh...

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I didn't hear Alex adding that while I was telling the mister that his answer of gypsies should have been Roma, to which he replied, pointing at the TV - "they just said it was acceptable." sigh...

I thought the contestant did answer Roma. It was Alex who added gypsies.

• Love 7

I'd also like to know how "hawk" is a "beastly" term. A hawk isn't a beast. 

Hawk was the first thing that came to mind, but I thought it had to be wrong, since that's not a 'beast'. Then it turned out to be right. The clues are now leading me away from the answer. Is that the intent?

Didn't notice Catherine's vocal fry until it was pointed out here. It's not excessive, doesn't bother me. I don't find anything irritating about her, so she can stick around. I wonder if she'll run out and buy a new necklace after every win?

FJ was an instaget even though I don't have kids. Sorry, Alex. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, YoureSoUrban said:

Shut up, Alex. He also strangely added "gypsies" to the "Roma" answer. I would expect Alex to know that term is now widely considered to be pejorative.

I answered "gypsies." I've never met a gypsy, seen a gypsy, heard of or from a gypsy nor know where any gypsies live. I've only "seen" them on old black-and-white tv shows where they are camped outside the Martin farm on Lassie. I didn't know saying "gypsy" was breaking a PC rule. In my entire life, I've not used nor heard the word used, ever. So, who knew?

According to Wikipedia, "there are an estimated one million Roma in the United States." So maybe I do know some Romani, although they are harder to spot if they aren't camping in their horse-drawn caravans in some roadside and reading crystal balls for money.

I knew the answer of Harriet Tubman from a couple days ago, courtesy of that great tv show Timeless.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I've never met a gypsy, seen a gypsy, heard of or from a gypsy nor know where any gypsies live

We used to see them occasionally when I was a kid living in Germany (West Germany, technically, so you know it's been a while). They were camped outside of town and most of them drove Mercedes, not as big a deal as it would be here but still. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Ah, Charlotte's Web. In the words of one my many TV boyfriends, "The pig's a wimp and the spider's a know-it-all."

Edited by ABay
  • Love 3

Were they kidding with "Singin' in the Rain" being a $1000 clue and a DD?  That was so easy.  I liked all 3 contestants.  The guy on the end seemed to lose his confidence after he missed the first DD though.  
I guessed Animal Farm for FJ because I didn't think Charlotte's Web was a novel; I had forgotten.

• Love 9
(edited)

I misread the Richard III clue, just like the contestant, and thought they were looking for a 7 letter word, not 7 words. I'm going to console myself that I only missed it because "Now is the winter of our discontent" is only part of the line, the rest being "made glorious summer by this son of York."

Edited by ABay
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, DrSpaceman said:

But FJ was very easy. 

I don't normally like pointing out people being wrong here, but I feel the need to point out that many Jeopardy contestants are far more sophisticated in their betting strategies than from even a decade ago, and viewers don't seem to be keeping up with that shift. Jason's wager was not stupid betting, and I dislike people throwing that kind of judgement around.

Jason's bet of 0 optimized his chances at coming in second - the highest place truly available to him - when you actually take the time to look at the math, even if it didn't manifest.

Going into FJ:

Catherine: 18800

Rebecca: 11600

Jason: 7000

Catherine's "appropriate" wagers would be between 4401 (as she did) to put her 1 over Rebecca doubling and 4799 (where she continues to lockout Jason). Her betting more than that would be ill-informed/stupid betting. Jason's only recourse is to attempt to get second, especially since Jeopardy doesn't give non-winners what they accrued and this isn't a tournament with wildcards.

So, Jason knows he has to factor in what Rebecca might bet and consider what happens if both are right, both are wrong, or one is right and one is wrong. Jason, I assume, would presume that Rebecca would wager enough to beat Catherine. Because Jason couldn't catch Catherine, he can't compete for first, but he does know what Rebecca will wager - at least 7201 (as she did). 

Thus, his wager of 0 is completely rational and optimized.

In the scenario that both are right, Jason isn't going to beat her regardless of wager. In the scenario that both are wrong, Jason beats Rebecca with a 0 wager as her total would be 4399. In the scenario that she's right and he's wrong, Jason isn't going to beat her anyways. In the scenario that she's wrong and he's right, Jason beats Rebecca with a 0 wager.

Technically, Jason could have wagered up to 2199 and still come in second if Rebecca were wrong, but since Jeopardy doesn't give second or third what they accrued in game, there is no real merit to doing so.

The folks over on JBoard.tv are far better versed than I in optimal wagering throughout the game - with the caveat that there are differing opinions on risk behavior. But in this particular scenario, other than truly irrational wagering from Catherine, Jason wagered as best as possible for him.

• Love 9

I agree, his 0 bet was the right thing to do, since he was fairly back in third place.  I read the JBoard too sometimes - they really take the wagering seriously. As should contestants.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Trey said:

I agree, his 0 bet was the right thing to do, since he was fairly back in third place.  I read the JBoard too sometimes - they really take the wagering seriously. As should contestants.

I would be a bad contestant for the same reason I don't play chess - I might *know* the rules and how to figure out various odds, but I'm also lazy and don't want to think that strategically :) 

• Love 7

I just figure that if the two lead contestants are fairly close in scores, and the third is fairly far behind, the third should bet zero, assuming the top two will bet to protect against each other.  The third contestant actually can have a decent shot at winning with a zero bet in that case.

But that's the only FJ betting strategy I have.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I answered "gypsies." I've never met a gypsy, seen a gypsy, heard of or from a gypsy nor know where any gypsies live. I've only "seen" them on old black-and-white tv shows where they are camped outside the Martin farm on Lassie. I didn't know saying "gypsy" was breaking a PC rule. In my entire life, I've not used nor heard the word used, ever. So, who knew?

According to Wikipedia, "there are an estimated one million Roma in the United States." So maybe I do know some Romani, although they are harder to spot if they aren't camping in their horse-drawn caravans in some roadside and reading crystal balls for money.

It's nice to learn something new, isn't it.

My uncle was married to a Romani woman, though I never met her. My parents had stories - which were tinged with juuust a little bias against her, which given that the uncle was a con man (and served time) seemed strange to me.

5 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

We used to see them occasionally when I was a kid living in Germany (West Germany, technically, so you know it's been a while). They were camped outside of town and most of them drove Mercedes, not as big a deal as it would be here but still. 

I don't think I ever saw them in Germany (West, I'm that old too), but I did see them when we were stationed in Spain. I remember being disappointed that their wagons and clothing were not particularly colorful - just sad and worn, just like their faces. Obviously they were on a different financial level than the ones you saw.

1 hour ago, Pallida said:

I would be a bad contestant for the same reason I don't play chess - I might *know* the rules and how to figure out various odds, but I'm also lazy and don't want to think that strategically :) 

Strategy is not my strong suit - and add math to that - well, it's not pretty.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pallida said:

I don't normally like pointing out people being wrong here, but I feel the need to point out that many Jeopardy contestants are far more sophisticated in their betting strategies than from even a decade ago, and viewers don't seem to be keeping up with that shift. Jason's wager was not stupid betting, and I dislike people throwing that kind of judgement around.

Jason's bet of 0 optimized his chances at coming in second - the highest place truly available to him - when you actually take the time to look at the math, even if it didn't manifest.

Going into FJ:

Catherine: 18800

Rebecca: 11600

Jason: 7000

Catherine's "appropriate" wagers would be between 4401 (as she did) to put her 1 over Rebecca doubling and 4799 (where she continues to lockout Jason). Her betting more than that would be ill-informed/stupid betting. Jason's only recourse is to attempt to get second, especially since Jeopardy doesn't give non-winners what they accrued and this isn't a tournament with wildcards.

So, Jason knows he has to factor in what Rebecca might bet and consider what happens if both are right, both are wrong, or one is right and one is wrong. Jason, I assume, would presume that Rebecca would wager enough to beat Catherine. Because Jason couldn't catch Catherine, he can't compete for first, but he does know what Rebecca will wager - at least 7201 (as she did). 

Thus, his wager of 0 is completely rational and optimized.

In the scenario that both are right, Jason isn't going to beat her regardless of wager. In the scenario that both are wrong, Jason beats Rebecca with a 0 wager as her total would be 4399. In the scenario that she's right and he's wrong, Jason isn't going to beat her anyways. In the scenario that she's wrong and he's right, Jason beats Rebecca with a 0 wager.

Technically, Jason could have wagered up to 2199 and still come in second if Rebecca were wrong, but since Jeopardy doesn't give second or third what they accrued in game, there is no real merit to doing so.

The folks over on JBoard.tv are far better versed than I in optimal wagering throughout the game - with the caveat that there are differing opinions on risk behavior. But in this particular scenario, other than truly irrational wagering from Catherine, Jason wagered as best as possible for him.

The assumption that 1. Catherine will bet 4401 only and 2.  Maximizing your chance to get second place by giving up completely his chance of winning, is where I disagree.   She could decide to bet more, even slightly more and he still has a chance to win. 

Trying to "optimize" the chance of getting second vs third place rather than taking a chance that you could actually win is where I disagree with the strategy, If he gets the question correct and both the others miss, plus Catherine decides to bet even a little bit more than 4401, 4800 or more basically, and he could actually win. 

Basically he is maximizing his chance to win an extra $1000 by getting 2nd vs 3rd place and completely giving up any chance you have of actually winning with slightly abnormal betting is stupid, IMO,  especially when we see contestants bet differently than what we expect all the time. 

There is a real chance that he could get the question right, they both miss and she bets $4800 or more and he wins.  Not a high chance, granted, but still a tangible chance of it happening. 

There is almost no chance both his opponents miss the question and Catherine bets more than $11800 and he ends up winning.  You can put that close to 0%. 

So its a bet of $1000 (2nd vs 3rd place) on the difference between those last two scenarios that give him a higher chance of actually winning. 

I guess if you go on the game to play for second place though.....great.  He did his best to do that.   You get that far though and I at least take a chance to win

Edited by DrSpaceman
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

There is a real chance that he could get the question right, they both miss and she bets $4800 or more and he wins.  Not a high chance, granted, but still a tangible chance of it happening. 

(trimmed out portion)

I guess if you go on the game to play for second place though.....great.  He did his best to do that.   You get that far though and I at least take a chance to win

If Catherine were silly enough to bet more than 4799, she's playing to not win as she increases her competition by creating an opportunity for two people to beat her instead of one person. Yes, there are times when people overwager from first and screw themselves out of a win, but it's far more likely that won't happen. Those in second place are more likely to overwager to try to beat the first place person, discounting the impact of a third place player. 

But, I'm pretty sure we aren't going to agree on this, and I'm happy to move along. I just request you don't refer to "stupid" wagers simply because someone didn't risk placement in hopes that another individual would make an irrational wager.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I like Catherine's knowledge, and I like her calm, cool demeanor, and I even like her lovely brand-new pendant she bought with yesterday's winnings, but her vocal fry is killing me and makes my throat hurt.  I don't know how she can still speak at all.  I admit, I was rooting for middle girl who had neither upspeak nor vocal fry.

For TS, I only got heirs and "Now is the winter of our discontent".

after seen it on this board so many times I still don't know what vocal fry is but maybe that is what bothers me about her.  There's something about her that is annoying which is odd because she is not nearly as bad as several other people have been.   the last two 2 Champs before her couldn't leave fast enough for me and she is polar opposite and she still is aggravating something in me when I watch her.

• Love 2

Maybe if Catherine had run out and gotten another new pendant, she would have won again. 

Congrats to the new champ and her hand-knitted shawl!  And her non-vocal fry voice!  FJ was an instaget for me, and I also got the TS/missed DD of embryology, Salt Lake City, Goldberg Variations, and Sebastian Cabot.

The guy seemed really confident in his knowledge of Bach -- I can't help but believe he misread or misunderstood the clue for that DD.  And I always think of MASH and Radar saying, "Ah, Bach" whenever Bach is mentioned.

Also, I can't think of Salt Lake City without thinking of The Book Of Mormon.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm sorry to see Catherine go.  I can't stand Diana.

I got two DD's - Salt Lake City and Borscht Belt.  Oh, and Sebastian.

I guess I'm an idiot.  I was clueless for FJ.

Edited by CarpeDiem54
  • Love 10