Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 34 (2017-2018)

Athena
  • Start Topic

That was one I only heard, not saw, as I was in the kitchen, and I wasn't sure if I was just projecting my own disgust when perceiving distaste in his delivery.  I still laugh thinking about one of the teen tournaments (I think) where one contestant's first clue she was able to ring in and answer was about the Twilight series.  Such a delicious, "I know this, but I hate it and everything it stands for and can't believe it has to come out of my mouth for money" attitude.

• Love 13

I think this makes game #3 in a row that I didn't have a visceral dislike for any player. Either Jeopardy is getting better contestants or I am getting soft in my old age. Didn't notice Kristen's vocal fry, but I'm sure I will tomorrow. 

TS I got were knock, mopeds, Puzo (Kristen's missed DD), Sicilies. FJ was an instaget. Silicon Valley was Ore-Ida level easy. 

3 hours ago, teebax said:

I wrote something similar in my notes. Of course, I was writing that before all the contestants' answers were revealed. I was thinking Kristin's wager would put her in jeopardy (pun intended) because I knew Jack would've gone all in. Jack must be younger than he looks to have missed The Fugitive. At least he picked a movie from the 90s that TLJ was in, so I can't be too hard on him for his guess. I recently re-watched Double Jeopardy, with TLJ and Ashley Judd, but I knew it wasn't nominated for anything. We were talking about it in my street law class and how it gets the entire concept of Double Jeopardy wrong. There I go babbling again...

On topic: I should stop listening to the interviews. Alex made a comment during Jack's interview; it was his reaction to finding out Jack's girlfriend also had a hockey stick. Does Alex not realize we women folk can play hockey too? Maybe I'm being overly critical, but that interview irritated me.

My gets were knock, Mario Puzo DD, Africa, and FJ. 

One last comment: there was an accounting clue in that XYZ category that made me think they were looking for more than just "year to date." I'll have to wait to see how it was actually worded, but I spent most of my time trying to work out the other acronyms.

Alex's emphasis on soft was irritating to me. I hate when he does that, which makes the contestants look bad. He's a tool.

Agree with Double Jeopardy.

Misogyny & Alex being a tool - 2 drinks/squares on bingo card.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

So, I know that people can have any kind of style, but was I the only person shocked that Arielle (?) has a husband? 

You were not. 

• Love 6
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That was one I only heard, not saw, as I was in the kitchen, and I wasn't sure if I was just projecting my own disgust when perceiving distaste in his delivery.  I still laugh thinking about one of the teen tournaments (I think) where one contestant's first clue she was able to ring in and answer was about the Twilight series.  Such a delicious, "I know this, but I hate it and everything it stands for and can't believe it has to come out of my mouth for money" attitude.

I remember that. A disgusted sneering sighing "Who is Bella?"

I thought that moment was easily YouTube-able, but I guess not because I can't find it.

Edited by opus
  • Love 3

Ore-Ida level easy.

I love that we so readily adopted this.

The train wreck in The Fugitive and the dam scene were filmed in western N. Carolina. The dam is Fontana Dam. If you take the scenic railroad between Bryson City and Dillsboro, it takes you past the remains of the wrecked train.  My late mom lived in Bryson City at the time and stood out in some mighty cold weather to watch them film an incredibly short scene. She was very glad she was wearing a hat.

• Love 10

Jebus Crisco! Another stooooopid FJ wager. Girl With Annoying Half-Bang lucked out. If Jack had been right, he'd have won by $1.

Just for grins, can anyone tell me why so many jeptestants bet everything but one dollar?

Dr. Richard Kimble: "I didn't kill my wife!'

Samuel Gerard: "I don't care!"

TLJ's "I don't care" was an ad-lib.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Mystery Author said:

can anyone tell me why so many jeptestants bet everything but one dollar?

Because you can win with one dollar.

Kristin's manner of speaking was a little annoying but not too bad.

When the question with "get off my lawn" came up I thought of you all and your grumpy hats - I have one too:)

I don't think I got any ts's, nearly got Mario Puzo, I knew who it was - he wrote the Godfather - but his name wouldn't come to me in time.

Instaget FJ. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, teebax said:

On topic: I should stop listening to the interviews. Alex made a comment during Jack's interview; it was his reaction to finding out Jack's girlfriend also had a hockey stick. Does Alex not realize we women folk can play hockey too? Maybe I'm being overly critical, but that interview irritated me.

Maybe it's just my own mind, but I really thought Alex was thinking something dirty - as I said out loud "what do you think they did with that hockey stick, Alex? Ew!"

12 hours ago, Jesse said:

I can only hope there was something cut where Jack made a dirty joke about her having his stick, or something.  (I got a makeover on a talk show one time, and there was a line that got cut out that made me look like I was laughing hysterically for no reason...)

So, I know that people can have any kind of style, but was I the only person shocked that Arielle (?) has a husband? 

I wasn't shocked, but was surprised.

11 hours ago, DrScottie said:

One of my favorite movies:

Dr. Richard Kimble: "I didn't kill my wife!'

Samuel Gerard: "I don't care!"

The most memorable line of the movie - which I had to recite to my husband.

As for Alex emphasizing the word "soft" - it ticks me off every time. Mostly because he just recites one of the words in the clue - which to me is the equivalent of people who when talking to a non-English speaker who doesn't understand, just raise their voices and say the same thing.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Jeff himself pronounces it BAY-zos.  It's always jarring to me to hear BEE-zos.

Well, I'll be damned. Why am I so ready to assume that I'm wrong? I guess that's less annoying than people who assume they are always right.

I wanted Jack to win based on Kristen and Arielle's annoying (to me) FJ wagers alone. Why shouldn't Kristen bet it all? What if both Kristen and Jack had gotten it right? Wouldn't it feel worse to lose by a dollar rather than a chance at a tie breaker? And if Kristen and Jack had both gotten it wrong which is what Kristen was wagering on, Arielle still could have won if she either gotten it right or gotten it wrong but bet nothing. Maybe I'm missing something based on the stats of how often people get FJ right or wrong or whatnot but I think I would have bet it all. Especially if the category was Films of the 1990's.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Well, I'll be damned. Why am I so ready to assume that I'm wrong? I guess that's less annoying than people who assume they are always right.

I wanted Jack to win based on Kristen and Arielle's annoying (to me) FJ wagers alone. Why shouldn't Kristen bet it all? What if both Kristen and Jack had gotten it right? Wouldn't it feel worse to lose by a dollar rather than a chance at a tie breaker? And if Kristen and Jack had both gotten it wrong which is what Kristen was wagering on, Arielle still could have won if she either gotten it right or gotten it wrong but bet nothing. Maybe I'm missing something based on the stats of how often people get FJ right or wrong or whatnot but I think I would have bet it all. Especially if the category was Films of the 1990's.

I would have bet it all, since it was a movie question.  But if she had bet all but a dollar and Jack bet all, then they both got it wrong, she would have come in second because he would have ended up with $0.  

That's not the first time they've asked the Assyria question with something to the effect of "Add 'AS' to this country's name...."   

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I love that we so readily adopted this.

The train wreck in The Fugitive and the dam scene were filmed in western N. Carolina. The dam is Fontana Dam. If you take the scenic railroad between Bryson City and Dillsboro, it takes you past the remains of the wrecked train.  My late mom lived in Bryson City at the time and stood out in some mighty cold weather to watch them film an incredibly short scene. She was very glad she was wearing a hat.

Didn't realize that was filmed in NC. 

I have been to Bryson city several times for the "Polar Express" train ride they do at Christmas.  Its fun for the kids, but works much better at night. 

• Love 2
On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:33 PM, Grundoon59 said:

Too bad none of them knew the musical "1776" or they would have known Lighthorse Harry Lee as one of FFV.  

That's how I know about him.  I learned later that he was Robert E. Lee's father.

• Love 2
On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 1:17 AM, forumfish said:

Because geography is my weakness, I have a hard time remembering which composers were from which countries. My guess for FJ was Franz Liszt. I just looked up info on him and learned he was Hungarian. And that his daughter, Cosima, married Richard Wagner. If this tidbit ever shows up as a clue, I'll be sure to attack the buzzer!

After first being married to Wagner's close friend Hans von Bulow, who stepped aside so that they could be together because he admired Wagner so much.

22 hours ago, illdoc said:

On the flip side....during the NCAA basketball tourney, they kept saying "Loyola Chicago" and we kept wondering "are there other Loyolas?"

There's one in Towson, Maryland.  https://www.loyola.edu/

18 hours ago, teebax said:

My gets were knock, Mario Puzo DD, Africa, and FJ. 

I knew they wanted Mario Puzo but couldn't think of his name.  Do you think they would've accepted "the guy who wrote The Godfather"?

17 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Arielle has such beautiful skin and I thought the make up people enhanced her skin with the muted colors. I wish I had make up people doing my face even once a week!

They're the only people who ever managed to hide the dark circles under my eyes.

• Love 6

I finally watched this episode on YouTube. Thank goodness for online videos so I don't stress about missing something while gone.

I did not know lead is a soft metal, but I live close to Galena, Ill., and have been there many times so know about its iron-mining history. Side note: U.S. Grant lived there, and his historic home is well worth the visit as is the historic town, ranked one of the best Main Streets in the United States. It's my favorite close place to spend a get-away day.

Kristin: Stop fooling with your hair. She got better during the second half so I'm guessing hair/make up applied some Dippity Do during the commercial break. If so, thank you. I hate hair foolery.

Forgot to say earlier, I am highly impressed with Journalist Jack writing for and being published by Time magazine. It doesn't get better than that.

DACA was another one of those too-timely clues/answers.

After dissing the third-place player some days ago by telling him he'd "have to get lucky" to win, Trebek was back to telling Arielle that she "could well be a winner of this match" when he announced FJ. Trebek is such a massive tool.

If Jack had answered FJ correctly, he would have won by $1. So there's the answer to someone's question about betting everything but a dollar.

• Love 5

"Because I could not stop for Death he kindly stopped for me" is one of the most famous Emily Dickinson lines---how could no one get that?!!!! ("I'm nobody. Who are you? Are you nobody too?" is another famous one that I'm sure they would not have gotten as well).

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, illdoc said:

"Because I could not stop for Death he kindly stopped for me" is one of the most famous Emily Dickinson lines---how could no one get that?!!!! ("I'm nobody. Who are you? Are you nobody too?" is another famous one that I'm sure they would not have gotten as well).

I'm familiar with the quote, and Emily Dickinson's photo is a screen saver on my Gen1 Kindle, but I couldn't come up with her name.  I was thinking Elizabeth Barrett Browning.  I don't read poetry.

What's with Andrews and keeping his hands behind his back?  His bad guesses sunk him.

• Love 6

Today the writers put in a clue about Reynard, the French trickster fox - and an opportunity for Alex to flex his accent while at the same time expressing surprise that contestants all missed it.  (I missed it, too).

I was also clueless on FJ.  Would have never thought of Lake Nicaragua.

• Love 4

The Reynard clue was used recently, and an OED category is trotted out frequently.  Sigh.  No freaking clue as to FJ! but was praying AndrewS didn’t win.  He was insufferable.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

After first being married to Wagner's close friend Hans von Bulow, who stepped aside so that they could be together because he admired Wagner so much.

Taking this to Small Talk...

Alex to Dominick and Andrews: "Good for you."

Me: Drink! x2.

Me to Kristin: Leave your hair alone!

Andrews: "Who is Lindbergh?" Me: "Jesus Christ!"

I figured Andrews' hands behind his back would draw comment but that is preferred (by me) to Statue of Liberty buzzer flailing.

And that's all I've got except I don't know poets. A pretty dull game and a boring runaway for the hair-obsessed Kristin. *yawn*

• Love 13

FJ was nearly an instaget for me, though I had no real confidence in my response.  I just couldn't think of another reasonable body of water in Central America. 

I was surprised that Emily Dickinson was a TS!  And not answering "Roberta Frost" when the clue specified a female version of a male name was a crucial error.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  A win by AndrewS would have not been a good thing.  I don't think I knew any of the others in the poetry category -- poetry is not my favorite thing.  I also got Stoics and slow loris. 

Lindbergh was an extraordinarily bad guess, especially with a photo of Sully!

I noticed AndrewS' stance (and agree that it beats buzzer-flailing), but still haven't really paid enough attention to notice Kristin's playing with her hair.  If I remember two weeks from now, I'll try to pay attention then.  The College tournament beats some of the others, but still, ugh.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, PaulaO said:

The Reynard clue was used recently, and an OED category is trotted out frequently.  Sigh.  No freaking clue as to FJ! but was praying AndrewS didn’t win.  He was insufferable.

I felt bad for him because he was completely on tilt and getting pissed off, but I see what you mean. If he'd done better I wouldn't have liked him at all! 

Unlike our contestants, I had a great game. 

I had Cymbaline, Reynard from it judt recently having been a TS, Roberta Frost DD, Dickinson, Lord Byron, Sudan plan, Singapore chore, Valentino, and FJ in an instaget. After Dominick's response I checked and was surprised to learn that Mexico is sometimes considered part of Central America. 

Did anyone else laugh at Lindbergh for Sully? Wow. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, illdoc said:

"Because I could not stop for Death he kindly stopped for me" is one of the most famous Emily Dickinson lines

And you can sing any of them to "The Yellow Rose of Texas" or the Gilligan's Island theme.

• Love 7
(edited)

I scrambled to this board to see if Andrews' behind-the-back-hands thing was wack. His jacket was altogether too ill-fitting for him to be such a pompous tool. And Lindbergh?? LINDBERGH??????????? God I was so happy he lost.

I was rooting for Dominic. He seemed sweet. It just wasn't his day but he was a good sport and he beat Andrews.

I got one TS - Valentino - and two missed DDs, Stoics and Sudan Plan. Poor Dominic looked so nervous on that last one I thought he might cry.

FJ was Jeopardy! round-level easy. <--- The Fugitive one, that is. I had no clue for Lake Nicaragua

Edited by YoureSoUrban
Mixed up FJs
  • Love 7

I got the Stoics, and Emily Dickinson, Valentino and Duesenberg. I thought Duesenberg should have been a gift with "doozy" in the clue, but I suppose it's one of those "easy if you know it" things. A great-uncle of mine was a rum-runner during Prohibition and he had a two-tone Duesenberg.  He used to pick my father up in Hudson on his way down from Canada and took him with him on his deliveries in NYC. Uncle Rupert kept a shotgun in the back and would stop and take potshots at ground hogs. My father was a teenager and his job was to be the lookout. He used to joke that he literally rode shotgun. Uncle Rupert used to send out any baseball players he met in the speakeasies to say hello to his nephew. He also paid for my father to go to college. In another Roaring 20's tidbit, my father used to run a trap line along the Hudson River valley and caught muskrats and sold the pelts to be made into muskrat coats. It really was another era.

Just so you know, my father was considerably older than the average when I was born.

• Love 13

Geez!  The only contestant I liked was Dominick.  Kristin annoys me for some reason.  AndrewS was a complete tool.  Hands behind his back like some ancient monarch and sometimes starting in the middle or the bottom.  And Lindbergh!?  WTF!?  Bawahaha!

I got Sudan Plan (DD), Valentino, and Duesenberg.

I could have stood there for two weeks and never gotten FJ.

• Love 10

Didn't Andrews find all the DDs? I've sort of got this game blocked already. Talk about bad luck coming in threes if so.

Great story Kathira. My uncle's father was a marshal in Ft. Smith Territory and my uncle, a big football-playing high school kid, rode with him to bust the moonshine stills and run down the revenoors circa 1920 or so. His marshal stories were the BEST.

• Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Didn't Andrews find all the DDs? I've sort of got this game blocked already. Talk about bad luck coming in threes if so.

Great story Kathira. My uncle's father was a marshal in Ft. Smith Territory and my uncle, a big football-playing high school kid, rode with him to bust the moonshine stills and run down the revenoors circa 1920 or so. His marshal stories were the BEST.

How funny. It's like they were opposites - my father was small for his age, young-looking and on the other side of the law. It was quite a time in history, that's for sure. What's amazing to me is that that era was considerably closer in time to the Civil War than it is to the present day. My father's childhood growing up on a fruit farm in the Hudson River Valley, walking to a one-room schoolhouse (in the snow, uphill both ways), etc., had more in common with the Little House on the Prairie than it did with my suburban childhood in the latter half of the 20th century.

Edited by Kathira
  • Love 5
(edited)

I got Sudan plan and Comebacker (instaget!).  I ran the San category, almost ran Geography Rhyme Time, and was mad they didn't get through Billboard Hits (Damn the lengthy non-Alex car clues!).  I had Lake Nicaragua, too.

Middle guy looked like he was getting cuffed.

Edited by GenerationX
  • Love 5

Gah, that was painful to watch.  Andrews, who started out so confident, looked like he lost every drop of saliva in his mouth at some point--maybe even during the chat segment.  I was seriously expecting him to pass out or stumble off the set.  Which in the long run might've been less embarrassing for him.

And just to nitpick, "nebula," singular, is not a correct answer for a category asking for words containing "ae."  Should've been "nebulae."  I was surprised there was no score adjustment.  Maybe they felt it wasn't worth bothering.

• Love 15

David McCullough's (very long and tedious) book The Path Between the Seas has a whole section about how Nicaragua was originally where the "panama canal" was supposed to go through, utilizing Lake Nicaragua primarily, but there was a big campaign to move it to Panama partially by using trumped up "evidence" on the dangers of volcanic activity in Nicaragua to show it would be unsafe and dangerous.  It wasn't all false evidence, I believe there was some volcanic activity there while the debate was happening, but that was just a bad coincidence and its rare for anything like that to happen in the area.  That is how I knew final jeopardy. 

Also I never finished that book.  It takes about as long to read it as it did to build the canal.  But it is very interesting and has lots of great details.  The way the US basically encouraged a rebellion in Panama to help the cause was pretty duplicitous and underhanded as well. 

If you love history, its a great book.  Just the level of detail in it is often completely unnecessary unless you are doing like a PHD level paper of early 20th century politics on the topic. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I could have stood there for two weeks and never gotten FJ.

Cool. You could've kept me company. I'm the worst at geography.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

The way the US basically encouraged a rebellion in Panama to help the cause was pretty duplicitous and underhanded as well. 

Change Panama to almost any other country and this sentence still works.

Great info Doc. Thanks.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, teebax said:

Did anyone else laugh at Lindbergh for Sully? Wow. 

I'm guessing that, like the contestant who answered Eminem when they showed a photo of Jack White, Andrews didn't realize there was a photo and after the clue thought "old car, must be an aviator from the past" and came up with Lindbergh. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Oh my lord. One of the worst guesses ever.

50 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

I got Sudan plan and Comebacker (instaget!). 

I said beaner, like bean ball?

29 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

And just to nitpick, "nebula," singular, is not a correct answer for a category asking for words containing "ae."  Should've been "nebulae."  I was surprised there was no score adjustment.  Maybe they felt it wasn't worth bothering.

This bugged me, too. 

I got Emily Dickinson, Rudolph Valentino, and Dusenberg -- and what a gorgeous car! I also got the DD of the Stoics, though I don't know how. Must have been stuck in my brain folds. I guessed Roberta Frost for that DD. I got Lake Nicaragua. Again, I was surprised that bit of knowledge was inside of me.

I thought the recipe book from the French woman was such a lovely gift for Dominick.

Kristin's into 80's horror, and Alex thinks that includes Christopher Lee? 

• Love 11
(edited)

I think Andrews' difficulty spitting out answers and his weird mouth are the result of a lifetime correcting people - "No, it's Andrews with an es.". Why do parents do this?

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

That gave me pause, too.  I guess Alex is too old to remember what was in the theaters in the 80s.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

Ha ha ha ha. Trebek is OLD. He probably saw Nosferatu at the first-run theatre. That was, you know, before our time.

1 hour ago, SHD said:

I'm guessing that, like the contestant who answered Eminem when they showed a photo of Jack White, Andrews didn't realize there was a photo and after the clue thought "old car, must be an aviator from the past" and came up with Lindbergh.

Thank you for your kindness to Andrews. I'm sure he is mortified today, and will be for many days to come if not forever. He'll have to change his name ... yeah, that's the ticket.

• Love 8

Horrible game. I liked Dominic and wish he would have pulled off the win. The recipes from his exchange family is a really lovely gift. 

TS I got were stoics (Kristin's DD), Emily Dickinson, Lord Byron, Sudan plan (Dominick's missed DD), Singapore chore (dual effort with Dr. Toothbrush; he rhymed my chore w/Singapore), Valentino. The vintage cars were cool, but not worth not clearing the board. We also said Gulf of Mexico for FJ, but were 99.999% sure we were wrong. 

10 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

They're the only people who ever managed to hide the dark circles under my eyes.

Do you know what they used? I am looking very raccoon-like these days. 

5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I figured Andrews' hands behind his back would draw comment but that is preferred (by me) to Statue of Liberty buzzer flailing.

The Lindbergh guess was definitely a WTF.

Andrews looked ill at ease with his arms behind his back, I think because he kept his jacket buttoned, and he probably has short arms. I did like the color of his shirt (Dominick's too)

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

They each found one, and all answered them incorrectly 

2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

That was hilarious. He might as well have said Vincent Price. 

• Love 8

Wow. What was he supposed to say? Or was Ford's line ad-libbed, too?

Ford's line wasn't ad-libbed, but Tommy Lee Jones' unscripted reply was.

Another famous ad-lib was in The Godfather. Castellano’s original line was “Leave the gun” but he then improvised the now famous “Take the cannoli.”

And Bogart's "Here's looking at you, kid" was an ad-lib.

Gee, I wonder why nobody will play Silver Screen Trivial Pursuit with me!

• Love 10
(edited)
14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

WHAT?! was my response.

14 hours ago, Browncoat said:

FJ was nearly an instaget for me, though I had no real confidence in my response.  I just couldn't think of another reasonable body of water in Central America.

I came up with Nicaragua (since water "agua" is in its name), but couldn't come up with a body of water - Gulf, Sea, Lake, pond, I sure didn't know. The husband did, though.

15 hours ago, illdoc said:

I know - it's Jeopardy 101. Plus, if you see dashes in a poem, it's likely to be hers.

14 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I could not for the life of me come up with Valentino's name, no matter how hard I tried! 

I was shocked I came up with the name, because the picture looked nothing like pictures I've seen of Valentino.

12 hours ago, peeayebee said:

That was an odd one.

11 hours ago, Roaster said:

That gave me pause, too.  I guess Alex is too old to remember what was in the theaters in the 80s.

HAH! Nice one.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I was shocked I came up with the name, because the picture looked nothing like pictures I've seen of Valentino.

I didn't think it looked like Valentino either but I got it based on the clue.

Lots of ts's for me this episode: Stoics (missed DD), reynard the fox, Byron, Singapore Chore, Valentino and Dusenberg.

I could not believe AndrewS said Lindbergh - I guess he knew there was a "berg" in the name somewhere and that was all he had - at least he didn't say "Lindberger".

No idea on FJ but as soon as they revealed the correct answer of Lake Nicaragua it sounded right to me.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mystery Author said:

Ford's line wasn't ad-libbed, but Tommy Lee Jones' unscripted reply was.

Another famous ad-lib was in The Godfather. Castellano’s original line was “Leave the gun” but he then improvised the now famous “Take the cannoli.”

And Bogart's "Here's looking at you, kid" was an ad-lib.

Gee, I wonder why nobody will play Silver Screen Trivial Pursuit with me!

Above (I accidentally hit the quote button instead of the link) is a compilation of ad libs that have become classics. I knew about some of them; others were a surprise--i.e. "You can't handle the truth!" was originally "You already have the truth!" Curiously, it doesn't include Tommy Lee Jones's "I don't care!"

Well, in fairness to Alex, Lee was making movies until 2014. I looked up his filmography, and his 80's credentials include The Howling II--Your Sister is a Werewolf

I'm happy to play Silver Screen Trivial Pursuit with you anytime!

I missed yesterday's game but learned the outcome from thejeopardyfan.com.

• Love 3