Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 34 (2017-2018)

Athena
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, DrSpaceman said:

I guessed Turkey for FJ but wasn't sure. 

I thought it might my Cyprus or Crete but have trouble recalling which island is which of those, so just went with Turkey

I thought about Cyprus or Crete also, but the FJ clue mentioned "mainland" so I figured the answer wouldn't be one of the island nations.

• Love 5
On ‎03‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:50 PM, Bazinga said:

Not sure why that was considered confusingly worded enough to bring her back, but I liked her so I'm ikay with it.

On ‎03‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:50 PM, DrSpaceman said:

I always think of it as Single Female Lawyer rather than Ally McBeal. 

The board jumping used to not bother me.  But it bugged me she kept leaving the $200/400 clues up there. 

I actually shouted Single Female Lawyer at the tv because I couldn't remember the real title.

On ‎03‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, Browncoat said:

I also got the TS/missed DD of Glory Days, New York Post, Saturn, and Ally McBeal.

I got NY Post and Saturn.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I got high C, Van Morrison, Lloyd's of London, Natasha's two missed DD's of pressure and Lebanon, and Meriwether Lewis.

I got all these, and Turkey was such an instaget that I'm not sure why anyone would miss it.  (But I accept that some people are better at geography than others.)

14 hours ago, clubsauce said:

My brain insisted that Lynn was male. I thought, “Oh, like Lynn Swann.” I think it’s because she looks a lot like my college boyfriend. 

I missed the intros, and wasn't sure at first glance.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

Not sure why that was considered confusingly worded enough to bring her back, but I liked her so I'm ikay with it.

I actually shouted Single Female Lawyer at the tv because I couldn't remember the real title.

I got NY Post and Saturn.

Not only do I think "Single Female Lawyer", in my head its even like the little theme song to the show. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

I thought about Cyprus or Crete also, but the FJ clue mentioned "mainland" so I figured the answer wouldn't be one of the island nations.

Yep, "mainland" or similar was in the clue, so it pretty much had to be Italy or Turkey; there might be a Greek island far enough north that Albania could have been the answer, but basically it's Italy or Turkey.  And whatever the proximity given was, the island was close to the other country, so that heavily signaled Turkey.  Add in the history of fighting between those two countries, and Lesbos being in the news (although maybe not as far back as when this was filmed), and you don't need to know where those islands are, you can reason your way to it.  I was surprised two of them missed it.

But, then again, I have already admitted that one of the ways I entertain myself is by taking geography quizzes, so Turkey as a good-sized land mass right across the sea from Greece may not pop as easily into the average J! mind.  The show seems to have dumbed down geography questions over the years (how many name this country seen highlighted on the map clues have there been?!), so perhaps contestants aren't studying it too heavily.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kathira said:

I like Lynn and I'm glad she won. And yes, I confess I also snickered when the FJ clue was about Lesbos. And then felt guilty for stereotyping. Rocking a butch look doesn't necessarily mean anything about a person's sexuality.

Of course it doesn't. My gaydar is so off I dated a straight woman for months before she told me she'd never dated a woman until I asked her out. But I'll save that story for my interview with Alex. Lol. 

I don't think you were stereotyping, by the way. I belong to a bunch of minority groups, but I have a sense of humor about myself. And I hate when people get offended for me. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

God, I hate the new champ, for reasons which I will not elaborate here.  Obviously since I was "anyone but her", she was fated to win.  Hopefully she's a one-and-done.

Unless “these reasons” come from actually knowing her, your non-elaboration sure looks bigoted.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

Unless “these reasons” come from actually knowing her, your non-elaboration sure looks bigoted.

I'm sorry, I don't have to justify my reason for liking or disliking any contestant.  Sometimes it's non-specific and I don't really feel like trying to explain it - which is the case here.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teebax said:

Of course it doesn't. My gaydar is so off I dated a straight woman for months before she told me she'd never dated a woman until I asked her out.

You'd be dating every woman in the entire state of Maine in that case.  The first New Year's Eve party we were invited to after moving here, the host, a gay man, laughed at me for wearing high heels.  I learned fast.

1 hour ago, teebax said:

I have a sense of humor about myself. And I hate when people get offended for me. 

That's unconstitutional, I think.  You have the right to be offended for yourself.  I forget what amendment it is.

I can't wait to see you on Jeopardy!.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Not only do I think "Single Female Lawyer", in my head its even like the little theme song to the show. 

♪ Single Female Lawyer, fighting for her client. Wearing sexy miniskirts, and being self-reliant. ♪

• Love 3

Yay, I found last night's game, and padded the DVR time enough to catch it all -- it was about 30 minutes late.

Natasha bugged me from the get-Go (see what I did there?), between her silly wave thing and then starting with the second clue down.  I'm glad she didn't win.

I also said Italy for FJ, but didn't think it was right.  I just couldn't think of anything else!  I did, however, get high C, Bernadette, cloud forest, pressure, and Lebanon.

Hopefully I've padded the DVR time enough for tonight's game -- catch y'all tomorrow!

• Love 5

I like Lynn.  For a brief second I thought Miss Jane Hathaway had come to play Jeopardy.

Rebecca was okay but I am another one who didn't really see the problem with the FJ clue she said was too confusing - IIRC, someone did get the right answer that time so it can't have confused everyone.

I had pre-called Joe E Brown for the middle E category but he didn't show up.

TS's I got were Bernadette, pressure, Lebanon, Meriwether Lewis and dh got Texas..

I was pretty sure the FJ answer was Turkey but also considered Italy and Albania.

• Love 4

On today's FJ wagering: Lynn made an optimal bet.  She played it right.  She just got unlucky.

Lynn had a healthy lead (17,400) but not a runaway.  She had to assume the second-place player (Daniel with 9800) would bet everything and she had to cover that bet.  So she bet 9800 x 2 - 17400 = 2200, plus a dollar to win.  Or 2201.  Which is also what I would have bet in her shoes.

Unfortunately for Lynn, she did not get FJ correct.  Neither did Daniel, but third-place Tristan was correct and he went all in, doubling from 7600 to 15,200.  Lynn's optimal bet, upon losing, took he exactly one dollar below Tristan's total.

It is not uncommon for the third-place contestant to come from behind in FJ, but it is rare for the first-place contestant to lose by only a dollar when she made a smart bet.  Just the way the scores worked out today.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Roaster said:

On today's FJ wagering: Lynn made an optimal bet.  She played it right.  She just got unlucky.

Lynn had a healthy lead (17,400) but not a runaway.  She had to assume the second-place player (Daniel with 9800) would bet everything and she had to cover that bet.  So she bet 9800 x 2 - 17400 = 2200, plus a dollar to win.  Or 2201.  Which is also what I would have bet in her shoes.

Unfortunately for Lynn, she did not get FJ correct.  Neither did Daniel, but third-place Tristan was correct and he went all in, doubling from 7600 to 15,200.  Lynn's optimal bet, upon losing, took he exactly one dollar below Tristan's total.

It is not uncommon for the third-place contestant to come from behind in FJ, but it is rare for the first-place contestant to lose by only a dollar when she made a smart bet.  Just the way the scores worked out today.

Thanks.

I was coming here to ask one of the "math-ers" if Lynn had messed up or not.

• Love 3

Ugh what a hard way to lose, although knowing the FJ answer would've made it not matter. Lynn has a wife and an adopted son, so I'm glad my gaydar isn't completely broken.  I'm also glad Daniel didn't win, with all his clicking. 

My gets were 409, smudging, bellicose, pot belly stove, Ashley Judd, scorpion, and FJ. I thought some of the TS's were pretty easy, but I guess that's what one feels when they know the answers. 

I'm not sure about Tristan. He certainly started that second round strong. 

• Love 4

Aw, Lynn!  What a tough break.  One lousy dollar.  I'm sorry to see her go.  Couldn't stand buzzer masher Daniel with his sour puss looks when he answered incorrectly.  Don't like Tristan much either starting in the middle of some categories, skipping over some clues (even after the DD's were found) and then going back to clues he skipped within the category.

I got 409, dressing, General Electric, potbellied stove, Ashley Judd, and Rudy Giuliani.

FJ wasn't an instaget but I figured it out in time.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Aw, Lynn!  What a tough break.  One lousy dollar.  I'm sorry to see her go.  Couldn't stand buzzer masher Daniel with his sour puss looks when he answered incorrectly.  Don't like Tristan much either starting in the middle of some categories, skipping over some clues (even after the DD's were found) and then going back to clues he skipped within the category.

I got 409, dressing, General Electric, potbellied stove, Ashley Judd, and Rudy Giuliani.

FJ wasn't an instaget but I figured it out in time.

That's the kind of board-hopping I hate, the kind I don't understand. If someone starts in the middle and works down over and over, it seems to bother me less. After the DDs were both uncovered by him, why did he keep doing that? It was annoying.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, teebax said:

That's the kind of board-hopping I hate, the kind I don't understand. If someone starts in the middle and works down over and over, it seems to bother me less. After the DDs were both uncovered by him, why did he keep doing that? It was annoying.

Gamesmanship?

I said stuffing for dressing. Anyone else?

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Brookside said:

I think we should be less judgmental.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh. So thanks for that.

14 hours ago, PaulaO said:

I pre called Robert E. Lee.

So did I. It was sort of a no brainer, perfect for me, who has no brain lately.

12 hours ago, DrSpaceman said:

I was wondering if you just said "Life" if that would be accepted.  It is officially The Game of Life but most just know it as Life.  Its interesting that the game as well is actually much older than I thought, goes back to the 19th century and has evolved quite a bit over the years.  Obviously the current version did not apply to life in the 19th century. 

Plus back then you would have put those pink and blue pegs in a ... what? Not a car. And at my house, it was just "Who wants to play Life?" I can picture the box but not the name, other than L I F E.

12 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I got cedars in Lebanon solely because of a song lyric going through my head.

The players obviously don't read here or they would have caught our lengthy discussion of Lebanon's flag.

10 hours ago, Kathira said:

I was surprised when they allowed "Shawshank" as correct rather then insisting on "The Shawshank Redemption" as the full title, but I guess there aren't any other movies with the word "Shawshank" in the title. 

Oops. Never mind, this has already been addressed. I just can't remove the quote box.

Roaster, if I ever get on this show, I'm going to ask you for FJ bidding lessons.

6 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I don't have to justify my reason for liking or disliking any contestant.  Sometimes it's non-specific and I don't really feel like trying to explain it - which is the case here.

I fully support your right to like or dislike anyone you wish, for whatever reason or non reason, here and elsewhere. I mean, why should you be different than every single person who ever lived?

7 hours ago, teebax said:

My gaydar is so off I dated a straight woman for months before she told me she'd never dated a woman until I asked her out.

This cracked me up because a straight woman dated you for months. That sounds like a Seinfeld episode. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I missed today's game, so ya'll are now deprived of my witty comments on today's ... well, on today's everything. I'll be back next week. *knockwood*

• Love 10

The Lyme disease clue was quite over valued as a DD in DJ.

Pot bellied (stove) is probably the only TS that truly surprised me, but depending on my mood I may had (Formula) 409 to that list.

Even though I've never read the book, FJ was an easy guess for me thanks to the wording of the clue.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Brookside said:

I said stuffing for dressing. Anyone else?

Me. I always say stuffing, whether it's stuffed into the turkey or not. I will never say dressing for that delicious dish.

I also got Jungle Cruise, bellicose, Ashley Judd, and FJ. I didn't quite get pot belly stove. I only got belly. And after the one contestant said spider (I think), I then came up with scorpion.

I remember the Carousel of Progress. Hee. However, I couldn't remember the sponsor, GE.

15 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Plus back then you would have put those pink and blue pegs in a ... what? Not a car. And at my house, it was just "Who wants to play Life?" I can picture the box but not the name, other than L I F E.

Wasn't it always a car? We had ours in the 60's, and it had the cars and pink and blue pegs. Do the new versions have those still? And I just call it "Life," though I can sorta remember the singing from the commercials: "The game of LIFE! The game of Life!" I'm sure there are more lyrics than that.

ETA: "The game of Life. The game of Life. You will learn about life when you play the game of Life." 1960 commercial

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Wasn't it always a car?

DrSpaceman said the game of (The Game Of!) Life dates back to the 19th century but has evolved. I just wonder what game pieces the original Life had. Anyone? Bueller?

I've heard discussions of dressing vs. stuffing and I think the conclusion was, the terms are regional. My mom was born/raised in Arkansas so we had stuffing, even when it wasn't stuffed in anything but our mouths. I didn't hear the term "dressing" until I went to some northern Yankee Thanksgivings. Now I'll say dressing just so people don't look all slack jawed at me if I call it stuffing. (Which it really is.)

• Love 7

My mom was born/raised in Arkansas so we had stuffing, even when it wasn't stuffed in anything but our mouths. I didn't hear the term "dressing" until I went to some northern Yankee Thanksgivings. 

That's so funny because my mom was also born & raised in Arkansas and she's the only one in my immediate family who says "dressing" (I grew up in Rhode Island). Maybe they're from different regions of AR; the culture there does seem to vary from east to west in particular.

For TS I got 409, bellicose and potbelly. FJ was a lucky guess; for me Captain Kidd = pirate = Treasure Island. I've never actually read the book.

I'm not a fan of Tristan's and hope he's a one and done.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, YoureSoUrban said:

for me Captain Kidd = pirate = Treasure Island. 

Except when you mix him up with Captain Hook and say Neverland.

• Love 6

I don't eat either one, but isn't the difference between dressing and stuffing that the former is cooked separately and the latter is stuffed inside the bird?  So you could have the same ingredients, but the dish could differ in name based on how it was cooked?  If this longstanding but never-examined assumption of mine is correct, I don't see how they're interchangeable.  But I also don't remember the wording of the clue.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mountainair said:

I always say stuffing too. 

I was confused about the Disneyland category. Did it include Disney World as well? They are two separate things for me. Does Disney Land have a Carousel of Progress as well? 

Disneyland had a Carousel of Progress from 1967-1973. It was relocated to Walt Disney World in 1975.

• Love 5

It's been a long week of not being able to focus to enjoy Jeopardy, so I'm marathoning them right now. The problem with "It’s the first Oscar nominee for Best Picture to be produced by an Internet streaming service" is that the correct answer wasn't actually produced by an Internet streaming service - it was just distributed by it. 

• Love 7

The challengers' scores going into FJ totaled the champ's score, which is why she was in such a tough spot. It's kind of making my head hurt, though, so please don't ask me to explain why, because I cannot!

• Love 3

Watched Thursday & Friday's games back-to-back, and I would have been ok with any of them winning. Maybe not thrilled, but ok. 

I loved how Lynn was first on Jeopardy while in utero, and to me she looks younger than 49 or 50. I liked her style a lot. It reminded me of Dr. Mac's on Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. 

Thursday's TS I got were Bernadette, Lloyd's of London, Lebanon (Natasha's missed DD, & I too flashbacked to our discussion on the FJ regarding Lebanon's flag), ear, Lewis, glider, TX. FJ was an instaget, & I am guilty of thinking that FJ would be an instaget for Lynn because of Lesbos. When Rebecca's answer was revealed I waited for Alex to say "you went with the other one", as he is wont to do when he thinks there are only 2 answers that make any sense.

I precalled Robert E. Lee, and Dr. Toothbrush precalled Alfred E. Newman & quipped (he thought) Chuck E. Cheese. And whaddayaknow... 

I thought Daniel had a nice smile when he wasn't being pouty over incorrect answers. FJ was rough for Lynn - her wager was good, it just unfortunately didn't work out for her. 

Friday's TS were Formula 409, dressing*, smudging (which I thought was to spiritually cleanse & bless, not to get rid of a bad smell), hyper, GE, bellicose, pot belly stove, Ashley Judd, Guilliani (sp?) (Tristan's DD). FJ wasn't an instaget, but I got it right, mainly because I couldn't think of anything else. 

*I'm from NOLA and it's always dressing. I guess because we often make it with seafood so it would not be very good stuffed into a turkey. 

12 hours ago, teebax said:

Of course it doesn't. My gaydar is so off I dated a straight woman for months before she told me she'd never dated a woman until I asked her out. But I'll save that story for my interview with Alex. Lol. 

I don't think you were stereotyping, by the way. I belong to a bunch of minority groups, but I have a sense of humor about myself. And I hate when people get offended for me. 

Too funny! Who do we have to bribe to make sure you make it on the show? 

9 hours ago, Trey said:

I like Lynn.  For a brief second I thought Miss Jane Hathaway had come to play Jeopardy.

I thought of Miss Hathaway too.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Bastet said:

Pot bellied (stove) is probably the only TS that truly surprised me, but depending on my mood I may had (Formula) 409 to that list.

We couldn't for the life of us remember the ending number in Formula. On our couch we had 401 and 403 as our guesses. (to be fair, or to excuse ourselves, we never used the stuff, just saw the commercials on tv)

11 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Me. I always say stuffing, whether it's stuffed into the turkey or not. I will never say dressing for that delicious dish.

To me dressing is for salad, and stuffing is for the bird - whether or not it's in it (though it's likely that's where the term originated, imo) We don't cram it in the bird these days anyway.

6 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

Friday's TS were Formula 409, dressing*, smudging (which I thought was to spiritually cleanse & bless, not to get rid of a bad smell), hyper, GE, bellicose, pot belly stove, Ashley Judd, Guilliani (sp?) (Tristan's DD). FJ wasn't an instaget, but I got it right, mainly because I couldn't think of anything else. 

*I'm from NOLA and it's always dressing. I guess because we often make it with seafood so it would not be very good stuffed into a turkey.

I also thought smudging is primarily a cleansing and blessing, but I guess it does double duty.

I'm not a seafood fan, so the idea of seafood in dressing/stuffing makes me shiver, and not in a good way. But different strokes...

• Love 4

I can't believe they showed a picture of cheese for the sage/cheese clue!  That one was almost so easy it was confusing.  Also, Daniel, when someone says "spider" don't then say "tarantula" -- a tarantula is a spider.  I also said stuffing, and believe it would have been accepted, as the terms are pretty much interchangeable in my family.  Other TS I got were 409, GE, bellicose, potbelly, Ashley Judd, and of course, scorpion.

I do really hope Tristan is a one-and-done.  He was killing that buzzer in the second round -- not as bad as Daniel, but close.  Plus that whole not starting at the tops of categories thing, y'know.  I felt bad for Lynn -- tough way to lose.  Neverland briefly crossed my mind for FJ, but I got to Treasure Island in time.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I can't believe they showed a picture of cheese for the sage/cheese clue!  That one was almost so easy it was confusing. 

I agree, I thought surely they wanted more than "cheese" as the answer. I mean, if they had a similar clue with a green apple as an image, I wouldn't expect "apple" to be the answer.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 5

Me, too. Dressing is for salad, as someone mentioned above. Of course, we're all told NOT to stuff it into the bird anymore because, y'know, everything's got SALMONELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Run for your lives).  I don't think my SIL has ever stuffed a bird; it's always in a separate baking dish. And it just doesn't taste the same.

My "problem" with Lynn was her scary teeth. I don't care that she dresses butch, but those horse-teeth were creepy. Yeah, I'm judgmental. It's not like she could help it - if her teeth are healthy, no non-Hollywood dentist is gonna change 'em either with crowns or dentures.

• Love 3

I was wondering if anyone would mention the cheese clue. True, it was so easy it was actually confusing; didn't he kind of shrug when he gave the answer? I said out loud, "You seriously did not just show a picture of cheese and ask what it was?", and usually baseball is the only thing that gets me talking back to the TV. Make that baseball and J!

For the blue moon question, the first thing that occurred to me was many moons. I wonder if that would have been accepted?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I'm not a seafood fan, so the idea of seafood in dressing/stuffing makes me shiver, and not in a good way. But different strokes...

Same here and everyone around here adores it made with oysters...le sigh. 

• Love 2

I was really surprised by the wrong answers for FJ. Didn't the clue ask for a title place? Neverland isn't the title, and Robinson Crusoe isn't a place!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Same here and everyone around here adores it made with oysters...le sigh. 

b42e4263595c40ba3cbc1787b89f1f0a.jpg

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I can't believe they showed a picture of cheese for the sage/cheese clue!  That one was almost so easy it was confusing.

It definitely was confusing. Whoever answered it seemed unsure, too, like Certainly they're asking for something else?

4 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

My "problem" with Lynn was her scary teeth. I don't care that she dresses butch, but those horse-teeth were creepy. Yeah, I'm judgmental. It's not like she could help it - if her teeth are healthy, no non-Hollywood dentist is gonna change 'em either with crowns or dentures.

I got the feeling she's self-conscious about them. I noticed once when she was smiling a big grin, she quickly closed her mouth.

15 hours ago, Hpmec said:

Disneyland had a Carousel of Progress from 1967-1973. It was relocated to Walt Disney World in 1975.

It's still at DisneyWorld? If so, have they updated it?

15 hours ago, Bastet said:

I don't eat either one, but isn't the difference between dressing and stuffing that the former is cooked separately and the latter is stuffed inside the bird?  So you could have the same ingredients, but the dish could differ in name based on how it was cooked?  If this longstanding but never-examined assumption of mine is correct, I don't see how they're interchangeable. 

Yeah yeah yeah, I know, but I don't care. :p It's stuffing. I make it in a dish in the oven, and it's still stuffing. Nyah.

I think Formula 409 had come up a while back in a question, and back then as well as yesterday, I said "44." I keep confusing it with Vicks Formula 44.

• Love 9

I always called it stuffing too, regardless of how it's made. My mom used to stuff it in the turkey but there was always too much so she baked the rest in the oven. It was all stuffing. You can never have too much stuffing. 

Edited by AuntieL
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I think Formula 409 had come up a while back in a question, and back then as well as yesterday, I said "44." I keep confusing it with Vicks Formula 44

I said "401" because I think I confused it with "Formula 1 racing". They need to bring back those commercials (assuming they still even may it)

Edited by illdoc
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

It's still at DisneyWorld? If so, have they updated it?

Yes, it's still there.  Very kitschy and pleasantly air-conditioned.  It was last updated in 1993 to give the final scene a late 80s technology overlay, and it hasn't been updated since.  We've been to Disneyworld in Florida many times, California a couple times, Paris once, and Tokyo once, so you could say we're fans.  I got G.E.

I had to remember which park they were talking about when they referenced Pirates of the Caribbean, which we've seen in four different parks.  In most of the parks it's in Adventureland.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GenerationX said:

We've been to Disneyworld in Florida many times, California a couple times, Paris once, and Tokyo once, so you could say we're fans.  

Wow. I'm envious. I live in the SoCal area, but it's been something like 20 years since I've been to Disneyland.

I had to remember which park they were talking about when they referenced Pirates of the Caribbean, which we've seen in four different parks.  In most of the parks it's in Adventureland.

Really? It makes sense to me that it's in New Orleans Square. I don't know why.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, forumfish said:

For the sage cheese, I also thought they wanted a specific type of cheese -- cheddar, gouda, etc. -- so I Googled it, and now I want some:

Sage Derby

All I would ask is that when you try it you pronounce it as Sage "Darby" (British pronunciation), not the American way (as in hat, horse race, etc).  Apart from that, I hope you enjoy it (room temperature), along with other great British cheeses that I gorge myself on when I visit the ancestral home!

• Love 4

Stuffing goes in the bird, dressing in a Pyrex casserole.  Mix the 2 together before serving because stuffing is very moist and dressing is drier.  So taught by my mother, whose Thanksgiving dinner was so legendary that it was discussed at her funeral.

• Love 8