Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

OMG.  These people are AMAZING.

Patrick seems okay, but then who goes on an international flight with his shirt wide open like that?  Way to really commit to the style, bruh.  IMO, Mariam is striking and I think they make a cute couple.

Thank you for no Desperate Darcy and Jerkwad Jesse today.  I wasn't ready for those two. 

Paul.  He's just the best and the worst!  I really think he should have spent more timing learning more basic Portuguese than obsessing over the pee pee fish.  His little outfits are hysterical!  Karine probably has no idea what the heck she has gotten herself into.  I hope along with his insistence on a STD and pregnancy test, she insists on 1) STD test and 2) a pysch evaluation by a certified professional.  I totally agree that his ring gesture was the "get it in" gesture and we were howling at my house.  Best comedy of the night.  "Let me get my cooling vest on"  Bwahahaha.

Larry from Pinellas.  The representative of Florida on this show isn't really helping us as a people.   I will agree that he doesn't seem as crazy, but before you jet off, I think you need to look at your life.  You got 2 kids (who seem way smarter than you) by 2 different women.  What happened there outside of "they weren't ready to commit"?  Filipino chick seems shady as hell.

Sean and Abby.  Man.  This is kinda mean, but: How do you get to be thisclose to 50 and have to have a 20 yr old woman tell you how to please her?!  I agree with many of you that Abby is really, really shady, and is starting to regret this whole Sean thing.  

• Love 11

Did anyone else think the show was trying to make it seem as though Myriam was pregnant? The big sweater, her repeatedly closing the sweater and when they were leaving the airport Patrick's luggage trolley was covering her body. I realize she would have to be early in her pregnancy but its odd the way it was filmed.

Abby is not into Sean. Her family isn't into Sean. I almost think she is just trying to make Chris jealous and put a ring on it. 

I have no problem with couples having an STD test before sex. I think it's smart. On the other hand, Asking someone to take a pregnancy test just screams I don't trust you. Any woman with options, and every woman has options other than a Paul, should run. 

Larry seems like a nice guy but you can smell the desperation for love. He seems to have good kids who are used to their dad not making smart dating choices. 

Do none of these men wonder why women who are so young and good looking are interested in them but if the same women were in the US they wouldn't give them the time of day? 

• Love 12

On a serious note, I hate that poverty/circumstances forces these girls (I guess boys too thinking about the girl who went to Morocco last year) and their families into thinking this should be an option and that these men are somehow worthy of their children.

Larry is definitely the male version of Danielle.  Is there an IQ test?  If not, maybe there should be.  Jorge might have passed but I think it would've stopped Danielle and now Larry.

• Love 5

Was Paul wearing a bullet proof vest?? And someone please tell me that the US government won't really grant a Visa to someone who can only communicate with her fiancé on Google translate. The comment the dad made about Karini being picked by an American even though she's from a poor family broke my heart.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, DragonFlyzz said:

I think you mean Paul.  I didn't notice dirty fingernails on Patrick.

Paul is the germaphobe not Patrick.  A germaphobe who doesn't clean under his nails and one who goes into a public restroom in his socks.  Double gross.

You are correct! Thank you! I mixed up the names.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

How do you get to be thisclose to 50 and have to have a 20 yr old woman tell you how to please her?!  

I took that to mean she's into some kinky stuff, maybe involving unripe fruit and an alternative bodily orifice.  I could be reading too much into this.  

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Latenites said:

Sean is all kinds of skeevy, but for some reason I don't trust Abby either. There's just a disingenuous vibe about her.

Did you notice that Sean told her parents "We've talked about getting married . . . possibly" and she translated it as "He says he wants to marry me and spend the rest of his life with me."  It's also odd that she's the one sho says she's not sure if he's the one, it's like she's holding out for a better offer.

Is asking a woman to take a pregnancy test before sex really a thing? Do NBA players even do that with their groupies?  

I'm not surprised at all that Karine agreed to it though. As an older white American who has dated impoverished foreign women, let me tell you, you can pretty much put any condition or demand on getting married and they will go along with it.  Seriously, you can start any sentence with  "I'll marry you but _________________" or "I'll marry you if ____________________" and insert the batshit craziest thing you can think of in the blank. And they will think about it for two seconds and say "OK."  

I haven't actually done this, but I have said things like "I'm not sure we can get married because I know you want to have chil --"  

Her: "OK. We get married, no children."

• Love 5
22 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Loving the look on karine dad's face. It's all "who is this asshole"?

100% true. Especially when he's on 1 knee and pretends in his mind to put a ring on her finger lol. Looked so dirty I burst put laughing by the look on her dad's face

• Love 9
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

You are correct! Thank you! I mixed up the names.

And to put a urethra cover on his penis so nothing swims up it. He is do fucking crazy. His cooling vest. Those swim pants that still took on water. I'd be wondering who the fuck did I agree to meet? lol. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, For Cereals said:

On a serious note, I hate that poverty/circumstances forces these girls (I guess boys too thinking about the girl who went to Morocco last year) and their families into thinking this should be an option and that these men are somehow worthy of their children.

Larry is definitely the male version of Danielle.  Is there an IQ test?  If not, maybe there should be.  Jorge might have passed but I think it would've stopped Danielle and now Larry.

Larry talks like actor/comedian Fred Stoller, who often plays dimwitted characters.

On 8/7/2017 at 0:45 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

Maybe it's because I live in Florida (aka the Cradle of Weird), but I firmly believe when I see some of the couples I see walking around these good old United States, that any of these weird ass people can find someone domestically.  Thus, I'm consistently shocked to see people travel to meet someone they are "dating" or "in love with".

I think those who go off to a foreign country are doing it because they want control.  They find someone much more attractive than they can get in the states and they know that dangling the green card keeps them from leaving.  

• Love 3
On 8/7/2017 at 0:47 AM, sleepyjean said:

This show constantly astounds me with the human mind's ability to deceive itself when it really really really wants something. She said she was taking one last shot at love for her and her kids. She said her heart was on the line, and so were her daughter's hearts. I suspect Darcey is one of those people who justify a lot of their behavior as parents by saying crap like "the best thing I can do for my kids is to give them a happy healthy mother." In other words, what makes mom happy is what's best for the the children. Even knowing that, I can't imagine how leaving her daughters for more than a month is good for them. How hooking up with a 24 year old is good for them. How marrying someone she barely knows, and they don't know at all is good for them. How bringing that 24 year old to live in her home as a father figure is good for them.

Darcey isn't a stupid woman. But she's certainly playing the role of one on tv. This woman is going to frustrate me. Not as much as Danielle and Nicole, but almost.

Imagine when one of her daughters decides she's in love and wants to marry that person at the tender age of 18.  What as a mother could you say about that?  "You don't really know him..."  But mom, you got married to someone you fell in love with online and wanted to marry him before ever meeting him..."

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Did anyone else think the show was trying to make it seem as though Myriam was pregnant? The big sweater, her repeatedly closing the sweater and when they were leaving the airport Patrick's luggage trolley was covering her body. I realize she would have to be early in her pregnancy but its odd the way it was filmed.

I'm with you.  Plus she was talking like they had been chatting, but she didn't see it as too serious until he said he bought a plane ticket.  Perfect sense that she would have been dating actual men in her area too.

I love Patrick's mom.  Finally a parent I can fully get behind.  Cortney's parents are a close second.  I hope they gave her some dip for the plane trip.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Imagine when one of her daughters decides she's in love and wants to marry that person at the tender age of 18.  What as a mother could you say about that?  "You don't really know him..."  But mom, you got married to someone you fell in love with online and wanted to marry him before ever meeting him..."

THIS!!!!

Abby is infatuated with a man who won't commit. And she is moving forward. We don't all end up with our soulmates. Her new beau is classless. He was very rude to her family. He has terrible manners all around. This is the time for him to put his best foot forward and set the tone for their romance. Her future looks fairly mundane. I'd be sad too

• Love 1

So far I like Larry, I think he's kind of cute. Does anyone have a link for his facebook, lol. And I'll give him this, when he first showed the ring he said it was sapphire, but he described it to the kids as being emerald, maybe he was nervous breaking the news to them and messed up.

As for Myriam, my guess is that she's promised to another man, as in an arranged marriage. And/or she's a virgin.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, chickenella said:

when he first showed the ring he said it was sapphire, but he described it to the kids as being emerald,

I want really paying attention so didn't actually see it but he could have meant it was an emerald cut sapphire.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, chickenella said:

when he first showed the ring he said it was sapphire, but he described it to the kids as being emerald, maybe he was nervous breaking the news to them and messed up.

It's a sapphire, emerald cut. He is too much of a nervous goof to get it right in the moment. By the time he gives it to the girl, it will be a marquise.

• Love 2

Poppa Karine is the star of the show.  His "who the fuck is this guy?" expressions have me on the floor laughing.  Paul is just weird and there is no way in hell i would let my child go anywhere with his off the wall ass.  A penis sheath, cooling vest and swim pants?  A straight jacket is more in order for him.

I'm happy i wasn't subjected to Betty Botox and her closeted gay paramour this week.  His family and friends are just down right insulting and she should run for the hills, if she can in broken heels.

Myriam is very pretty and you can tell Patrick is totally infatuated with her.  He seems to be a very respectful young man and his mom has taught him well.  She's funny as hell.  Oui oui pee pee.   good sense of humor.   I just wonder what Myriam is hiding?   A bun already in the oven?  A jealous lover?  A child of her own?  Who knows?

Abby and Sean reeks of pedophilia.  She's playing him big time and his dumb ass can't see it.  Pushing 50 and a 20 year old has to tell you what to do in bed?   Either he's slow or she's on the fast track to graduating from  freak em university.

Larry is much like the Amazon rainforest where Karine lives:  dense

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, tincansailor981 said:

Poppa Karine is the star of the show.  His "who the fuck is this guy?" expressions have me on the floor laughing.  Paul is just weird and there is no way in hell i would let my child go anywhere with his off the wall ass.  A penis sheath, cooling vest and swim pants?  A straight jacket is more in order for him.

I'm happy i wasn't subjected to Betty Botox and her closeted gay paramour this week.  His family and friends are just down right insulting and she should run for the hills, if she can in broken heels.

Myriam is very pretty and you can tell Patrick is totally infatuated with her.  He seems to be a very respectful young man and his mom has taught him well.  She's funny as hell.  Oui oui pee pee.   good sense of humor.   I just wonder what Myriam is hiding?   A bun already in the oven?  A jealous lover?  A child of her own?  Who knows?

Abby and Sean reeks of pedophilia.  She's playing him big time and his dumb ass can't see it.  Pushing 50 and a 20 year old has to tell you what to do in bed?   Either he's slow or she's on the fast track to graduating from  freak em university.

Larry is much like the Amazon rainforest where Karine lives:  dense

I thought the same thing when Abby said she had to teach him what she liked. With two people the same age, who are in a new relationship, that would be reasonable. But a 20 year old girl teaching an old man things in bed makes me think she's been around the block. 

8 hours ago, chickenella said:

So far I like Larry, I think he's kind of cute. Does anyone have a link for his facebook, lol. And I'll give him this, when he first showed the ring he said it was sapphire, but he described it to the kids as being emerald, maybe he was nervous breaking the news to them and messed up.

As for Myriam, my guess is that she's promised to another man, as in an arranged marriage. And/or she's a virgin.

I can't help but like Larry. I might find something to snark about later, but for now, I'm rooting for him. 

• Love 5

New screen name possibility of the week: WereYouActiveOneWeekAgoOnPhillipinoCupid?

Yet I am rooting for him. The look on his younger sons face though. Can we form PTVCupid to find Larry a woman? We'd all be so active more frequently than a week though but we could find him a non scammer! 

Paul flailing in the poop water. Good god. Run Karine. Swim! He looked like the bad guys at the end reveal of Scooby Doo when the villain is in a fake water monster costume to scare off the gang And I Would Have Gotten Away With It If It Weren't For Those Those Meddling Kids (penis fish)! Such sadness for this beautiful rural family who cannot understand the magnitude of where Karine is being exposed and exploited on national television in the USA. I am uncomfortable by it. I think they are a beautiful straightforward honest  rural family looking for upward mobility for their daughter. 

What's a predcy test? ;-) 

Sean is 50 and can't fuck his way out of a paper bag OR say at least thank you in French ? He is the most dangerous and weird to me and that's going some after Paul. The way he was almost smothering her, arms around her and even her throat and staring at her in bed like she was the first Burger King Paul will see when he's out of the Amazon. Sean handled her family terribly and awkwardly. 

My suspicion is that the Paris lady is PG or had a child. She is beautiful dont get me wrong but seemed a little "dressed down " to meet her love at the airport for the first time . 

Was Patrick bare chested on an airplane under a blazer? My skin crawls. Overseas flight. Grooosssss. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Agreed. He said a former gf got pregnant and a DNA test revealed that the baby wasn't his. As weird and socially awkward and strangely naive as he is, he knows you have to have sex to make a baby!

If he gets her back here to the US, he better keep some test kits around. When she realizes shes with a total nerd, she might stray.

Larry, your girl in the Phillipines is going to want to send money home.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

OMG, YES!! I kept hearing that and thinking I heard wrong.

6 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Was Patrick bare chested on an airplane under a blazer? My skin crawls. Overseas flight. Grooosssss. 

ICK.  Then the most romantic conversation with Miryiam about how he smells. 

I wonder about the folks that fly in shorts too. No skin to seat fabric contact for me!

6 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

If he gets her back here to the US, he better keep some test kits around. When she realizes shes with a total nerd, she might stray.

Larry, your girl in the Phillipines is going to want to send money home.

That is my thought about every single person on this show, nobody thinks past the romance of someone so far away, no thoughts of reality of others cultures or motives.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wonder about the folks that fly in shorts too. No skin to seat fabric contact for me!

I know, right! Ugh.  A woman near me went to take her seat at boarding and it was soaking wet (with what, I don't know). It was a full flight and she was given a blanket to sit on for the 4 hour flight.  Ugh!  No bare anything on a plane for me.

2 hours ago, tincansailor981 said:

Betty Botox and her closeted gay paramour this week.  His family and friends are just down right insulting

I thought it extremely insulting when the stepdad said she was out of his league.  What a hurtful thing to say.  That's the kind of thing you think, but don't blurt out loud... in polite society anyway.

• Love 3

I thought that while Sean's meeting with Abby's family was one of the most awkward scenarios Ive ever seen, he didnt come off as disrespectful, just super duper creepy and that couldnt be helped. Like he was trying to act like a young 20 year old man meeting the parents for the first time. I kept thinking, thank god Abby can translate for everyone, or else it would be another Paul situation. Abby's family definitely strikes me as somewhat well-to-do by Haitian standards. Their home looks cute and clean, Abby's mother and father dressed well and spoke well, with nice jewelry, and they did not come off as poverty-stricken or like they needed their daughter to be married off to a wealthy American. Abby looks super young which just makes this so creepy and yet she behaves with the sexual confidence of a woman twice her age. It makes me sad because when I was 20 I was grossed out by the thought of dating anyone over 25. Abby seems to have grown up very very fast. Her ex bf is 64 years old ... 

Larry mentioned that what he liked about Jenny was that she wasn't "fancy." I took that to mean someone down to earth and not looking for money, which would make sense since he is definitely not rich and has 2 kids from different moms to help support. Im still on TeamLarry because he really comes off as an unassuming Joe and someone just looking for love without ulterior or creepy motives. I looked at his sons and I wondered: are their moms also Filipinas ? Larry also has these big puppy eyes that make me not want to see him get hurt (is that wierd?)

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I love Patrick's mom.  Finally a parent I can fully get behind.  Cortney's parents are a close second.  I hope they gave her some dip for the plane trip.

Patrick's mother and auntie are a scream and I want to hang out with them. Cortney's parents have me scratching my head, for real. I'm probably older than them, but they come across like octogenarians. I'm 63 but I'm woke AF and don't act like I wandered out of Mayberry this morning. I am baffled.

3 hours ago, tincansailor981 said:

Abby coolly saying that she had to show Sean what she liked had me rolling! She was so matter of fact. Isn't Sean the one whose dating profile said he was into freaky stuff and invited interested women to share their fantasies and fetishes? So Mr. Sophisticated Sexytimes is a complete fake who needs a 20 year old to show him around her ladygarden? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

20 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I thought it extremely insulting when the stepdad said she was out of his league.  What a hurtful thing to say.  That's the kind of thing you think, but don't blurt out loud... in polite society anyway.

No one on this show has any manners. I am very, VERY far from Emily Post but my god even I know you don't call a middle aged woman over the hill to her face. Jesus.

• Love 13
On 8/30/2017 at 11:40 AM, balisticnikki said:

Yep, same with Darcey. (Filmed a pilot for her own reality show.) Why doesn't tlc screen these ppl out, I wonder? They lose all credibility.

I've been wondering if she's a reality veteran -- she looks way too familiar to me.

Jesse is ugly to me.  Bad skin, overly landscaped eyebrows, weird hair and a forehead full of as much botox as Darcy.  He looks older than his age to me.  And he has absolutely no personality.  HIs "babe" endearment feels so serial killerish.

Paul is basically Norman Bates.  Sick, sick man.

• Love 6
On 03/09/2017 at 11:31 PM, kacesq said:

Any guesses on what Myriam's big secret?

I almost feel like this show should be two hours. Tonight we had no Darcey/Jesse or idiot Cortney.

Watching this episode and the marathon this afternoon, I still can't quite wrap my head around all the couples "falling in love" without ever having met. And they always have some generalities about why they love the person - Abby is amazing! Myriam is the most generous caring person! How can you tell? You're talking to each other, you're not really participating in each other's lives or seeing how the other treats people in real life.

I think maybe she was born a man. Than again, I think that at every ''big secret'' mentioned on 90df... One day I'll get it right.

On 04/09/2017 at 0:12 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Agreed. He said a former gf got pregnant and a DNA test revealed that the baby wasn't his. As weird and socially awkward and strangely naive as he is, he knows you have to have sex to make a baby!

This has Jerry Springer written all over it. (Also, Ringmaster (1998 movie) movie plot lol!)

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

New screen name possibility of the week: WereYouActiveOneWeekAgoOnPhillipinoCupid?

Yet I am rooting for him. The look on his younger sons face though. Can we form PTVCupid to find Larry a woman? We'd all be so active more frequently than a week though but we could find him a non scammer! 

Paul flailing in the poop water. Good god. Run Karine. Swim! He looked like the bad guys at the end reveal of Scooby Doo when the villain is in a fake water monster costume to scare off the gang And I Would Have Gotten Away With It If It Weren't For Those Those Meddling Kids (penis fish)! Such sadness for this beautiful rural family who cannot understand the magnitude of where Karine is being exposed and exploited on national television in the USA. I am uncomfortable by it. I think they are a beautiful straightforward honest  rural family looking for upward mobility for their daughter. 

Sean is 50 and can't fuck his way out of a paper bag OR say at least thank you in French ? He is the most dangerous and weird to me and that's going some after Paul. The way he was almost smothering her, arms around her and even her throat and staring at her in bed like she was the first Burger King Paul will see when he's out of the Amazon. Sean handled her family terribly and awkwardly. 

My suspicion is that the Paris lady is PG or had a child. She is beautiful dont get me wrong but seemed a little "dressed down " to meet her love at the airport for the first time . 

What was even worst for me (a native French-speaker) was that first sentence out of Abby's first relative (Being Abby maman), he turned around and asked for translation. Really, Sean? You needed translation for Abby papa and Abby maman? It'S not rocket science...

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

What was even worst for me (a native French-speaker) was that first sentence out of Abby's first relative (Being Abby maman), he turned around and asked for translation. Really, Sean? You needed translation for Abby papa and Abby maman? It'S not rocket science...

And he never let go of Abby Mama's hand.  He just stood there, like a hand kidnapper. 

• Love 15

Paul: you are not speaking Portuguese when you add an "o" at the end of an English word, as in boat-o, ring-o.  

One of many pet peeves I have with the Americans on this show is that none of them appear to have even bothered to go buy Rosetta Stone so they can attempt to communicate in the language of the country they are about to spend 6 weeks visiting. Paul especially. It's pathetic and so typical of stereotypical Americans who think everyone should speak English. When I was an Exchange student in France, I used to cringe at how people assumed all French people in Paris should know English, and that all restaurants in Paris should have English menus.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Drogo said:

And he never let go of Abby Mama's hand.  He just stood there, like a hand kidnapper. 

The hand holding and constant physical contact (with Abby) the creepy stares, the kissing fish lips, ick, ick, yuck. The Sean and Abby segments make my skin crawl. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, chickenella said:

And I'll give him this, when he first showed the ring he said it was sapphire, but he described it to the kids as being emerald, maybe he was nervous breaking the news to them and messed up.

I don't think he knows what the ring is so he just makes up what he thinks it is.  The person at the jewelry store probably just showed it to him and said, "isn't that one pretty, and it's on sale for $400".

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Patrick's mom is the best. They should use her cackle and counter slap as a soundtrack to punctuate the stupid shit on the show.  For example, Darcy mentions marriage for the eleven millionth time, followed by  Mother Patrick cackle.  Paul says anything, followed by Mother Patrick cackle.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
20 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

OMG.  These people are AMAZING.

Patrick seems okay, but then who goes on an international flight with his shirt wide open like that?  Way to really commit to the style, bruh.  IMO, Mariam is striking and I think they make a cute couple.

Can you even board a plane like that!? I thought it was extremely odd as well.  But he did have the shirt buttoned when he landed but it was more of like suit jacket style of top where there were no top buttons so you could still see his bare chest.  Very weird and odd choice of outfit when flying over seas.

• Love 5