Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

I can’t believe Jesse’s stepfather told Darcey to her face that he is way out of her league.  That wasn’t being blunt; it was rude and totally uncalled for. If like he said, women throw their undies at Jesse when he walks down the street, I can’t help but wonder why he had to go online to meet someone.  I noticed he didn’t respond when asked what is in this for him.    

That Karine’s parents were so quick to give a creepy American, permission to take their daughter to a hotel is very worrisome. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 23
12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t believe Jesse’s stepfather told Darcey to her face that he is way out of her league.  That wasn’t being blunt; it was rude and totally uncalled for. If like he said, women throw their undies at Jesse when he walks down the street, I can’t help but wonder why he was online trying to meet someone.  I noticed he didn’t respond when asked what is in this for him.    

That Karine’s parents were so quick to give a creepy American, permission to take their daughter to a hotel is very worrisome. 

I'm so tired of Jesse saying the Dutch are straight forward. There is a difference between that and just being rude/hurtful. The mom clearly isn't a fan of Americans, and maybe his step dad also feels the same...so wasn't too worried about hurting her feelings. What surprised me was Jesse's end game was to live here. His life there seems comfortable and established. 

• Love 9

Darcy: I actually felt bad for her when the step dad downed her. Yes, Jesse is younger but he's no Adonis. He is not in some special league and he is aging just like all of us. I'm sure in 10-15 years if someone said that to him he wouldn't think the guy was just being "blunt". He would be hurt. I would have been done with Jesse at that point for not defending me.

Paul: LEARN SOME PORTUGUESE. 'nuff said. Oh and God bless Karine...

The guy with the daughter named Italy (Patrick?): Completely turned me off with his "American girls" comments. These comments coming from a player. How can he speak on a proper relationship and woman when he has never courted a woman properly? Seems like reality will set in that any relationship is tough work. Period. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

" in the past sex caused drama for me" - Paul 

Lol,.not as much as it caused for the poor women 

What sex? He has incel written all over him. I refuse to believe he's had sex with anyone unless he has a kid. Even then, I need to see a paternity test.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I'm hoping they allowed it because it was "for the show" and because the camera crew would be around. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

. What surprised me was Jesse's end game was to live here. His life there seems comfortable and established. 

That surprised me also.  I had been wondering what was the attraction for him.......since I did NOT think he wanted to live in the USA (all the put-downs etc). That was the surprise of the evening. 

Psst, Immigration : don't let Jesse in......instead let his step-dad in......Trump would LOVE it. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

I'm so tired of Jesse saying the Dutch are straight forward. There is a difference between that and just being rude/hurtful. The mom clearly isn't a fan of Americans, and maybe his step dad also feels the same...so wasn't too worried about hurting her feelings. What surprised me was Jesse's end game was to live here. His life there seems comfortable and established. 

Right??? I would give my left arm to live in Europe. America isn't all that!   

Darcey is embarrassing with her old ass over filled face and lips.  Not cute or young , honey.  She was the same age as Betsy Johnson I mean his mom. 

ETA the shit eating grin on Paul's face as he understood nothing was awful.   He could at least made an effort to learn.  But he thinks the world should speak English.  Ugh 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:
35 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I'm hoping they allowed it because it was "for the show" and because the camera crew would be around. 

I hope you're right.  This show creeps the hell out of me.

• Love 5

Jesse's Mother's garden is terrific! Very joyful and there was some cool sculptures. I like her already.

I am more worried  about Karine than I was about Nikki. Her dad should be chasing him back to the ferry at the end of a shotgun. He is a fucking creep. 

I didn't realize how awful us American women are. Dayum

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, TigerLily20 said:

ok wait he goes through all this set up with the mosquito net....and he has his SHOES on the bed???

He went to bed in the same clothes he wore on the plane and the two day boat trip.  Has he showered?  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

Not too far down the road, she's quickly nearing the end of that road. 

I'm her age. At least the age she claims to be. I can't imagine having a baby now, let alone 'down the road', they're exhausting. She already has two kids well passed infancy. She isn't the Dugger type, so I can't help but think her reasoning for wanting a baby with Jesse is to force some form of commitment. I hate to think that as we all know how well that works, but she just reeks of desperation.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t believe Jesse’s stepfather told Darcey to her face that he is way out of her league.  

That's some damn good tv right there. It's truth telling.  It's about time someone told this woman the truth.

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 21
34 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

His life is not that comfortable. His apartment is smaller than an IKEA model room.  

Patrick's ex is in love with him.  It looked like she might cry when she learned about his trip to France.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

He went to bed in the same clothes he wore on the plane and the two day boat trip.  Has he showered?  

Considering what a germophobe he is, this is surprising. I'm nowhere near as squeamish as he is, and in my house, there's no being on the bed with shoes or street clothes.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

What sex? He has incel written all over him. I refuse to believe he's had sex with anyone unless he has a kid. Even then, I need to see a paternity test.

Maybe he had sex that resulted in criminal charges because I can't imagine anyone doing it with him willingly. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

How old is Courtney? Why is she still living at home with her parents? 

I think that any millennials live at home until a later age. Her parents clearly adore her. And don't forget the dip!

• Love 6

Darcy, it's time to come home.  Face facts. Jesse is not that into you. Stop begging this man to marry you. You are just embarrassing yourself, your daughters, your sister, and all of America.  Please stop.  

• Love 23
Just now, spankydoll said:

I think that any millennials live at home until a later age. Her parents clearly adore her. And don't forget the dip!

True. I guess I'm amazed that they let her live at home while she goes traipsing off to Spain to get catfished. I'm assuming she wouldn't have the money for that if she had to pay her own way in life. She's a perpetual child. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Nope but hey, he is perfect, rescuing someone from poverty with his unshowered self.  

• Love 5

I agree that Jesse's "Dutch people are like THIS and Americans are like THIS" is ridiculous. I have a couple of Dutch friends (some live in the US, others in Holland). They generally speak in a clear and straightforward way, but none is even close to what I'd call rude. In fact, they are all quite kind and I enjoy their company very much. Jesse is just put off by Darcey's insatiable thirst and using his culture as an excuse for the obvious disdain  

Likewise, there are about 330 million Americans and 100+ million of us are women (not counting children, gender nonconforming, etc.). Has it occurred to any of these men that perhaps we're... not all alike? Crazy, I know. It's almost like their generalizations about us are as bigoted and narrow-minded as they imagine us all to be! 

• Love 14

Was that raggedy camo shirt Italy's mom was wearing some kind of fashion statement? Or does she really not care at all that she's on a nationally televised program? Did all the effort go into the eyeliner and she was too tired after that to do anything else?

• Love 6

I'm calling it right now that Paul is a closet virgin and his "it's been a long time" is code for "it's never happened."

Not that there's anything wrong with that, some people want to wait or just haven't found the right person, but I think in his case it's a combination of both, plus the fact that he's got quirks a mile long. There's a lid for every pot but his pot is filled with weird shit.

Having said that, I don't really get a creep vibe from him, I just think he's...suuuuper awkward and inexperienced and has no idea how behave. It doesn't help that he didn't invest ANY time in learning the language.

These two are doomed. She already thinks he won't give her the dick down because he's lost interest, meanwhile he's just irrationally terrified of catching the plague.

• Love 17

Knowing Jesse and Darcy mase sexy times really didn’t make my life better.  They are squicky as hell.

Jesses’ parent’s house was really weird.  My 2 cents:  I went to school with and made friends with a couple of Dutch students.  While they were direct, they were never ever rude.  Dave seems like a real tool, and Jesse’s “nobody is perfect” is disgusting re: him being out if Darcy’s league.  I would be done.  Ya tool.  Also, how is Darcy talking about having a baby?  She is 80, right? 

Paul.  Ugh.  He’s such a doof.  I get second-hand embarrassment watching him live his life.  I want to never hear him talk about intimacy ever again, but I get a feeling that is going to be one of the central themes of his story arc.

With Courtney, who is quite the idiot, I can’t wait to see the hot mess this turns out to be.  Because we all know is going to be!  Eeeee! 

I love all of these "not American women, they are the WORST" comments from these guys.  It basically means that the dude's blind and unfair assessment of ALL the ladies in a singular country are surely going to bite him in the ass (see Jorge.  The putz.).  

• Love 8

Paul couldn't have waited a few days before bringing her to the hotel? Even if he simply didn't feel comfortable staying in the parents' house, he should have spent a few nights in the hotel by himself. At least had dinner with them. He lost points with the parents on this one. It was like he just walked in, said hello, fiddled with his phone (trying to translate stuff) and asked if he could bring Karine to the hotel. Talk about subtle.

And some of those gifts he brought her looked like they came from dollar tree. If I saw it correctly, that chocolate bar, the wrapper is printed to look like money, those are from dollar tree, maybe they're sold other places too, I don't know. And that butterfly solar thing, dollar tree also.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

What the hell was Paul expecting? I mean he asks so earnestly too. Yes, Family Karina, let your 21-year-old daughter go to a hotel with this sweaty, creepy, pasty 34-year-old man who speaks .5 % Portuguese. They just met and they can't communicate, but oh well! I wonder If TLC wasn't there would Father Karina even let Paul into his house and kick him out to be kidnaped by pirates and/or urethra eating fish?

Darcy is such an airhead. I kind of felt bad for hearing when Hippy Dave started questioning her. It all stopped when they were in the car and she starts going on about her marriage to Jesse being a set in stone. While he sits almost flabbergasted at her constant poking. 

Courtney is dumb.

Patrick was okay until his "American women" comment.  At least he has a healthy relationship with his baby mother.

And great, next week is another "older white guy trying to get an Asian girl".

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

my house, there's no being on the bed with shoes or street clothes.

No shoes are allowed past the front door at my house.  It disgusts me to see houses where shoes are on shelves etc.  In grad school environmental biology we took off our shoes and tested the bottoms.  The results were disgusting.

37 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

how is Darcy talking about having a baby?  She is 80, right? 

Squeegie, squeegie........................hilarious, spit take.

• Love 5

Is Darcey's claimed age of 42 what she perceives her plastic surgery ages her to? She looks like Jocelyn Wildenstein.

Okay Paul is 34 and looks like he's much younger. I look much younger than my age, but he looks like he's in high school.

Edited by pollywood
  • Love 8

I can't help but feel sorry for Darcey. She is so needy that she puts up with really horrible treatment from someone who seems like a sociopath to me. He is constantly trying to make her feel bad about herself, and seemed gleeful when she mentioned Dave's insult. He even said that he thought the evening 'was delightful,' or somesuch. 

He is a creeper, plus he's not even all that! His skin is terribly acne-scarred. And his apartment is tinier that Pedro and Chantel's! ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

I'm her age. At least the age she claims to be. I can't imagine having a baby now, let alone 'down the road', they're exhausting. She already has two kids well passed infancy. She isn't the Dugger type, so I can't help but think her reasoning for wanting a baby with Jesse is to force some form of commitment. I hate to think that as we all know how well that works, but she just reeks of desperation.

See, I don't understand why Jesse would get involved with a woman over 40 if he wants children.  Most men want at least one kid.

• Love 6

Call me rude but Is it me or Did that hotel room look no more comfortable then Karine's house? They better make sure they always have an extra phone around with a fully charged battery so they can communicate,Otherwise they're just stuck awkwardly playing a game of charades. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

It reminded me a bit of Jorge and his distaste for American women and feminists. Because, of course, all American women are feminists and women from other countries are not.

Patrick and Cortney seem to be the same way, they want some Leave it to Beaver type marriage with family values where the man is the provider and dominant and the wife is pampered and follows along with a side of "otherness".

• Love 3

It hurts me to say this as an American by birth, but why in God's name would you want to leave Holland to move to the U.S.?  Especially now?

I want Jesse's mother to come over to my house for a while, though...so she can help me redecorate my house.  I loved that funky place.

• Love 21
5 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Was that raggedy camo shirt Italy's mom was wearing some kind of fashion statement? Or does she really not care at all that she's on a nationally televised program? Did all the effort go into the eyeliner and she was too tired after that to do anything else?

I love this gratuitous attack on the fashion sense of a minor supporting cast member.

• Love 13

Patrick is actually Jason DeRulo

Darcy will have to grow a thicker skin and not get upset when she hears comments about her and Jesse beng together. The stepdad had no tact but a lot of people will say worse. Jesse's mom was very nice to Darcy might I add. 

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

Patrick is actually Jason DeRulo

Darcy will have to grow a thicker skin and not get upset when she hears comments about her and Jesse beng together. The stepdad had no tact but a lot of people will say worse. Jesse's mom was very nice to Darcy might I add. 

When you marry, you also marry the inlaws (generally), so how does Darcy feel about having Dave as her new dad? If he is that rude when meeting for the first time, I can't imagine how he would behave once they tie the knot. Also, Jesse is officially a jerkbag. Yes Darcy is desperate, and delusional. But a man should stand up for his lady...instead he just says nobody's perfect. Really?! If a guy ever told his family that nobody's perfect, regarding me, I'm taking uber home! 

• Love 20

think I've figured out why Jesse is involved with Darcey. Oedipus complex and ticket to Hollywood to become a model. There is no other reason why he would leave Holland and he did say meeting his mom is a make or break for Darcey.

• Love 6

Jesse: Good morning? How did you sleep?

Darcy: Amazing.

Jesse: Yeah?

Darcy: Yeah.

Jesse: Oh wow.

He's running out of things to say already. Maybe when their souls merged, Darcy's sucked out all of his words.

• Love 23

Googling the "Rei Davi" hotel haha I'll report back! 

I laughed when Jesse called his stepdad "robust". 

Paul & that luggage! SHIT! 

Poor Father Karine. Paul isn't there five minutes and he is asking to take his daughter to a hotel. He was one crucifix around his neck away from an ass thrashing. 

Jesse's directness cuts thru her insecurity drama in such a satisfying, instant gratification way. 

• Love 9

In my mind, Paul was just testing out the mosquito net and showing it to Karine. Also waiting for camera crew to leave. THEN he got up, showered, shaved, put clean clothes on. No way I can comprehend that he went to bed in those filthy clothes & shoes. The smell alone GACK.

• Love 3

Patrick leaves for Paris, while Myriam worries about a secret she has been keeping from him; Paul and Karine's happiness is interrupted by distrust; Sean faces tough questions from Abby's parents; Larry fears his Filipino girlfriend may not be faithful.

Larry tries to contact Jenny during his journey to the Philippines; Cortney hopes Antonio shows up at the airport; Darcey and Jesse struggle to explain their age gap to a skeptical friend; Sean makes a shocking discovery about Abby's ex.

• Love 1