Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Down that Route: 2017.07.24

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, jcamm1966 said:

If I'm Javi I watch my kid that's it, Issac can go to Joe's, last thing I do is do a bitch a favor. You gotta study too bad , got cramps too bad, gotta have me time too bad.

But then Isaac loses out. And he loves Isaac. I hate Kail, but I don't mind letting her "win" in this situation, because it's good for Isaac. 

4 hours ago, jcamm1966 said:

That kid has meltdowns all the time , (eyeglass store

KIDS, in general, have meltdowns. Actually, adults do too - but for some reason, because we don't handle it the exact same way kids do, it's seen as more acceptable. I try to remember that these kids are often overstimulated with all the cameras, lights, and people crowded around them, and often don't know how to verbalize why they're so upset. Aubree seems like a pretty typical kid to me.  I also try to remember that SOME of these women might be hesitant to discipline their child on camera, at risk for being called out for being "abusive". You really can't win when it comes to parenting these days. 

2 hours ago, gunderda said:

She finally posted on twitter that she did because the 1 hour drive was too hard for her. 

Jesus God Leah, I bet you didn't mind driving one hour to get your pillses. 

• Love 19
(edited)
20 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

My husband wears transition lenses. Those are definitely NOT transition lenses. Lying liar who lies. 

UBT was in school? I like how Jenelle tweets "for a short time". Like everything else in his life. 

Even if he was in school "for a short time," I bet he was still in school longer than Leah. 

18 hours ago, Christina said:

I had completely forgotten that Jenelle had taken Nathan back to court and was awarded supervised visitation. I must have already turned channels to Preacher by that point. Nathan is every bit as awful as Jenelle and David but I still want him to get it together. He was injured in the service and I'm a member of a large family of military, medically unable to join myself, and watching him struggle, knowing there is help for him, and seeing his son light up when in his presence, along with recognizing that Jenelle and David are beyond hope, make me think he is Kaiser's last chance.

I feel you. I have hope & a small soft spot for Nathan (this doesn't excuse his violence, DUIs, etc) because he's a veteran with a TBI. At one point, he was together enough to make it into the Marines and serve our country.  I also come from a family of veterans, one of whom is a disabled veteran who is a recovering addict after several decades of using. Kaiser doesn't have several decades, though, so Nathan has to get it together. He does seem to actually enjoy his son and his son lights up around him, which is more than I can say about Jenelle.

3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Leah has nothing else going on her life and she doesn't have her girlses in her care 24/7.  WTF does she have going on that an hour commute to school - something she knew beforehand - is so disruptive to her life? 

These bitches kill me. They complain about school but, it isn't as if the school came along and forced them to attend. They signed up! They know how far it is. They know the commute. Same thing with this damn show. They complain about filming their private lives *gasp* but, they SIGNED A FUCKING CONTRACT! No guns are being put to their heads. 

Exactly. Does she know how many people work all day (sometimes with an hour long commute), commute to college (perhaps another hour away), and raise kids? I've taught them and I've known them. This bitch. She quit cause she isn't college material (which is fine) and because the pillses make getting up hard. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12

I think it's hilarious that Leah used the excuse it was too far to drive. Betcha if she had to drive her ass an hour away for some pillses or a hot hookup with Robbie (or any holler hottie wearing camo shorts) there'd be nary a peep of complaint coming out of her mouth.

She should have just told the truth that she tried it but it wasn't for her. That would've been more believable. But truth and Leah don't always go together.

The truth is she just didn't have the drive. (no pun intended) A person can accomplish a lot if they put their mind to it. Many obstacles can be overcome if one has the will to do it. My daughter went back to school for her Master's degree, which entailed her driving to classes twice a week in the evenings (38 miles or 57 minutes of driving time one way) in addition to online courses. All this while working full time during the day as a high school teacher and mother of a pre-school child. Plus she became pregnant with her second child two months before she graduated, so she was in her first trimester when she got her degree. So don't give me any crap, Leah.

Those notebooks, covered with childish squiggles, must be sitting in a landfill somewhere.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Miasmomma said:

When i pick my 8 year old up from school I ask her about her day and then she always asks me about my day too.  I think it's part of teaching empathy and understanding. 

43 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My boys always ask their dad how his day was when he gets home. They're 7 and 9. I imagine they learned from watching me. Leah's kids wouldn't know, because she doesn't give a crap about their day. She's probably just glad to get them out of the house. She tells them about her day because she's trying so hard to push the whole, "I'm going back to school to be a good example to my daughters" thing. But they knew from day one it wasn't going to last. 

There are multiple things going on here, but what it boils down to for me - Chelsea keeps certain things private because she respects her husband and his desire for privacy for their growing family. She likely realizes the effect this has on Aubs as she gets older, and wants to shield her as much as she can. That is NOT what is going on with Karl. Karl tries to keep things private because she's a shady fucking liar and doesn't want the narrative she's trying to craft to implode in her face. 

Chelsea is who she is, she just wants to limit her exposure. Karl is trying to live a lie. 

My kids (4 and 7) always ask how my day was, but they are just asking to be nice.  They aren't asking what I did all day.  They don't really care about that!  

I ask them about their respective days, and I am looking for details.  I usually have to pry to get anything other than, "camp" or "fun," or "lunch was bad."

• Love 5
(edited)

I actually have less of a soft spot for Nathan because I have so many veterans in my family. The fact that he was once in the military doesn't make it better for the women he choked and threatened, the cops he threatened, the innocent people he endangered on the road time and time again, Nathan's poor mom who is another Barb, and the two innocent children he can't parent. Which I totally know no one is implying, just sharing my perspective. He's not totally at a loss of his faculties so at the very least he shouldn't have fathered a second child after he was unable to care for the first, and should be seeking intensive treatment. Several of the people in my family have had addictions and disabilities, including PTSD, from their service and they would consider him an embarrassment they wouldn't want to be associated with. If we knew that he was getting treatment, attending meetings or working on his mental issues, which he obviously knows he has because he used them as an excuse for the message he sent to David and used to collect disability for them, I would feel differently because I do have sympathy for mental health problems...but I personally don't think that how he developed those mental health problems makes them different from or more worthy of sympathy than others' genetic mental health problems.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

But then Isaac loses out. And he loves Isaac. I hate Kail, but I don't mind letting her "win" in this situation, because it's good for Isaac. 

KIDS, in general, have meltdowns. Actually, adults do too - but for some reason, because we don't handle it the exact same way kids do, it's seen as more acceptable. I try to remember that these kids are often overstimulated with all the cameras, lights, and people crowded around them, and often don't know how to verbalize why they're so upset. Aubree seems like a pretty typical kid to me.  I also try to remember that SOME of these women might be hesitant to discipline their child on camera, at risk for being called out for being "abusive". You really can't win when it comes to parenting these days. 

Jesus God Leah, I bet you didn't mind driving one hour to get your pillses. 

I know what your saying, But Kali win is giving her all the power and she will use it at every turn. Watch them on my days or else, pick up my dry cleaning or else, take my oppsi kid with you or else. She loves control and knows Javi will cave.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jadecorleone said:

I thought online classes would be a breeze for me. Oh boy was I wrong. They definately require a lot more self-discipline and for someone like me who gets distracted while being online, it makes it worse.  Its why I never used my laptop to take notes. I would get to class a few minutes early, boot up my laptop and browse while waiting for class to start and next thing I know, there is 15 minutes left of class and I missed most of the lecture.  People would look at me funny for taking notes on actual paper, but for me it helps me retain info and forces me to focus.

I guess what gets me about Leah is she is or was taking classes simply to have something to do. If she were to come out and say "I tried college, decided it wasnt for me and Id rather be at home" thats fine. But she treats the whole thing in such a casual manner that it rubs me the wrong way. Especially since Ive had to leave school twice due to relocating out of state and not being able to afford the out of state tuition.

I took notes on paper too! I felt like it made me look behind, unprepared, and like a yokel, and I envied how studious the kids with laptops looked. BUT...the professor couldn't see that 100% of them were on Pinterest the whole time. I get distracted by computers too, and hate carrying it to class when I can just carry a notebook. 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

I think it's hilarious that Leah used the excuse it was too far to drive. Betcha if she had to drive her ass an hour away for some pillses or a hot hookup with Robbie (or any holler hottie wearing camo shorts) there'd be nary a peep of complaint coming out of her mouth.

She should have just told the truth that she tried it but it wasn't for her. That would've been more believable. But truth and Leah don't always go together.

The truth is she just didn't have the drive. (no pun intended) A person can accomplish a lot if they put their mind to it. Many obstacles can be overcome if one has the will to do it. My daughter went back to school for her Master's degree, which entailed her driving to classes twice a week in the evenings (38 miles or 57 minutes of driving time one way) in addition to online courses. All this while working full time during the day as a high school teacher and mother of a pre-school child. Plus she became pregnant with her second child two months before she graduated, so she was in her first trimester when she got her degree. So don't give me any crap, Leah.

Those notebooks, covered with childish squiggles, must be sitting in a landfill somewhere.

But........She bought all those pens and notebooks.  #collegeishard #igotpensyall

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I took notes on paper too! I felt like it made me look behind, unprepared, and like a yokel, and I envied how studious the kids with laptops looked. BUT...the professor couldn't see that 100% of them were on Pinterest the whole time. I get distracted by computers too, and hate carrying it to class when I can just carry a notebook. 

If your professors had any clue whatsoever, they knew exactly what was up, and probably appreciated your efforts to get more out of class. There have been tons of studies that show that taking notes by hand is more effective, activates more parts of the brain, and leads to higher levels of retention and understanding. Students on laptops don't look more studious to me -- they look like major Distractocons to themselves and everyone who can see their screens! That's why I don't allow them any more unless the student has a documented accommodation that requires it.

To keep somewhat on topic, did they show Leah taking notes by hand? I can't remember what was on her desk back in the "I don't plan to engage in this class" row. 

• Love 19
45 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

My kids (4 and 7) always ask how my day was, but they are just asking to be nice.  They aren't asking what I did all day.  They don't really care about that!  

I ask them about their respective days, and I am looking for details.  I usually have to pry to get anything other than, "camp" or "fun," or "lunch was bad."

I suspect that Leah's kids know she was bull-shitting  and fronting for the camera. Bitch barely makes meals for them, they knew she'd drop out sooner or later. That Gracie is no fool. A

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Miss Chevious said:

This.

Was Leah taking communications just like Kail? 

I think it is time for MTV or Leah to just fucking admit she isn't sharing her private life and she needed something to bolster her screen time. They encouraged her to sign up and see how she may like it. She did it for a story line. Nothing more. 

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I mean...she knew about the drive before!

translation: she could never get her ass out the door on time, so she decided to stay home as do pillses with Victoria. 

Leah most likely had an abysmal attendance rate before dropping out, as did Chelsea with beauty school. Gotta hand it to Kail, and even Jenelle. At least they literally have the hustle to get out the door. The bar is soooo low. I wonder how lazy Leah and Chelsea can afford to be when TM2 ends, and if we will see any more hustle from them!

Chelsea, in the end, finished her beauty school program (didn't we see her graduation ceremony?) and has worked in her field, albeit not full-time and intermittently. Leah may end up broke as a joke, but Chelsea, unlike Kailyn and Jennelle, has not spent a good portion of her money buying houses or moving from house to house, buying and/or leasing a new car every year or less and going on fancy vacations multiple times a year. I am confident that Randy made sure that she prepared for the day when MTV's cameras are gone and that she's invested wisely. He probably also made sure that the house she bought was a good deal and with Cole's building skills they can add on, if necessary.  The day will likely come when she's done breeding and the kids are somewhat independent and she'll have a skill that she can use to work whatever hours she wants since she's in a flexible, by appointment only field. And she's got a husband with whom she'll hopefully have a long and happy marriage, who is gainfully employed. My girl may have started out as the ditziest of them all, save Leah, but she turned out the best.

Also, while I think Kailyn was a complete fucking bitch to Javi, I agree with her about NOT discussing deployment with the children until it's an actual fact. Especially Issac, who is uber-sensitive.

Edited by politichick
  • Love 16

She had to drop out of beauty school, probably because of her average and attendance. I remember a scene where she took a break due to moving, and they said that she had like a 50% attendance rate and 60% as a grade. Then we never saw her go back, and she ended up doing a 16-week esthetician course instead of the yearlong beauty school course. I bet she went to talk to them, realized she couldn't salvage her grade, and did the other course. I do think she has invested wisely, however. I think she and Cole will be okay financially, but it will probably be tight after the show has been off the air a while. 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, jadecorleone said:

I remember when my brother commuted for school. He saved all his gas receipts and was able to use it as a tax write off ( the fact that he was taking classes for his line of work helped)

Well as a regular commuter fine. I'm guessing your brother didn't have three children, one of which has special needs, from two different mothers, that he also had to take care of while he was commuting.

Edit: I definitely know it's possible to juggle commuting for school with other responsibilities.  I went back to school for two different master's degrees while working full time both times. At one point I had class from 6:30-9:45 Monday through Thursday and it was a 45 minute drive home. But my point is, if they ONLY reason you drop out is the one drive, after going ON AND ON AND ON about how you weren't ready before but you are ready now!!!!! Then why wouldn't you pick a closer school?

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I usually have to pry to get anything other than, "camp" or "fun," or "lunch was bad."

Totally off topic, but I have a friend who would ask her kid what they had for lunch at school that day, and he'd refer to "lunch balls," and she finally asked him one day what lunch balls were.  Tater tots.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Well as a regular commuter fine. I'm guessing your brother didn't have three children, one of which has special needs, from two different mothers, that he also had to take care of while he was commuting.

Except Leah doesn't have her kids full-time. Depending what her school schedule was, she might have not had them in her care. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Except Leah doesn't have her kids full-time. Depending what her school schedule was, she might have not had them in her care. 

Right! I thought she only had them Thursday night through Sunday. It is totally possible to only have classes Monday through Thursday! Even a lot of MW classes don't meet Friday! I normally had like two classes on Friday, all between the hours of 10-1. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

She had to drop out of beauty school, probably because of her average and attendance. I remember a scene where she took a break due to moving, and they said that she had like a 50% attendance rate and 60% as a grade. Then we never saw her go back, and she ended up doing a 16-week esthetician course instead of the yearlong beauty school course. I bet she went to talk to them, realized she couldn't salvage her grade, and did the other course. I do think she has invested wisely, however. I think she and Cole will be okay financially, but it will probably be tight after the show has been off the air a while. 

She said she realized, after going to cosmetology school, that it was a fit for her and she didn't like it as much as she thought she would. 

• Love 2

The scene in the car with Leah letting Addie call Jeremy was very telling. It's very hard when you're in a divorce situation to 1. See your child openly prefer the other parent at the moment, even as you're the one driving them around at the same time; and 2. to hear your ex saying the same loving things to your mutual child that they once said to you. 

Basically, as flawed as Leah is, it sucks to have to sit there between the whole thing being the chopped liver that no one wants anymore.

(I thought her hair looked great, though - just felt kind of sad for her, her expression was so melancholy)

• Love 6

Basically, as flawed as Leah is, it sucks to have to sit there between the whole thing being the chopped liver that no one wants anymore.

Just like how she made her ex-husbands feel for working their assess off to keep a roof over their family's head while she went out and cheated.

• Love 14
21 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Well, it depends. How far along was Briana during last night's episode? She might have been too far advanced for an abortion. Adoption was discussed and she did talk about not wanting to co-parent. 

She mentioned in the season premier she's 5 months.

20 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

That made me LOL. IDK, something about the word shocked...I know you meant as in a big immediate consequence, but IDK. I'm just giggly today and everyone here is cracking me up.  We seriously need LOL buttons instead of just "like."

but "LIKE!"

Also loved "DeFuck" instead of "DeJesus." @GreatKazu

And no fucking way are those transition lenses.  WTF.  Those don't even look like prescription glasses! Look at the way the lenses are curved. She must think we're all as stupid as she pretends to be.

You think THAT'S funny, you should've been at my house the night my husband decided to use the spray bottle on our son like he was a naughty cat.  That shit was hilarious.  And it worked!

• Love 9

Wait....maybe there's an idea.....perhaps since they're so involved with her life & so angry at the dudes who keep impregnating and leaving Brianna, maybe Brittany and Roxanne can go everywhere with Brittany with a spray bottle of water. They can spray any guy who gets close to Brianna at The Club or wherever.....

• Love 19

Ok so I am freaking lazy, I read a lot of this at work but couldn't reply, and now I can't find what I wanted to reply to so I apologize. 

In response to why Chelsea gets a pass on not filming parts of her life vs Kail... my theory and personal opinion is that I do find it mildly annoying, Chelsea did sign up for a reality show, so when she wants to keep something private I selfishly want to know... but can understand why she wants to keep life private. She also goes about it with a better attitude, it seems she has put thought into what she does/doesn't want to share and clears it with the producers. Kail on the other hand just abruptly shouts she isn't filming when things don't go her way and storms out of the room. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I actually have less of a soft spot for Nathan because I have so many veterans in my family. The fact that he was once in the military doesn't make it better for the women he choked and threatened, the cops he threatened, the innocent people he endangered on the road time and time again, Nathan's poor mom who is another Barb, and the two innocent children he can't parent. Which I totally know no one is implying, just sharing my perspective. He's not totally at a loss of his faculties so at the very least he shouldn't have fathered a second child after he was unable to care for the first, and should be seeking intensive treatment. Several of the people in my family have had addictions and disabilities, including PTSD, from their service and they would consider him an embarrassment they wouldn't want to be associated with. If we knew that he was getting treatment, attending meetings or working on his mental issues, which he obviously knows he has because he used them as an excuse for the message he sent to David and used to collect disability for them, I would feel differently because I do have sympathy for mental health problems...but I personally don't think that how he developed those mental health problems makes them different from or more worthy of sympathy than others' genetic mental health problems.

Jenelle and David are both violent substance abusers who do not have any service related injuries. Nathan does. His behavior cannot be excised from his brain injury and PTSD. We know from research that those medical conditions result in his behavior, and we know that his injuries were received in the service. That is why he has my empathy and Jenelle and David can go to hell.

I find it a little disenheartening that your military family members would consider him an embarrassment. I don't know anyone in my family who would, and my family is full of assholes (except me because I'm perfect). They would hold his feet to the fire about getting treatment, including those who don't think they need it themselves, but they wouldn't write off another veteran as an embarrassment for behaving in the manner in which his service injury presents.

There is no defense for his actions. He knows he has a problem with alcohol and he knows he can't go around choking his girlfriend, even though he tried to excuse it. He has went to jail for the DUIs, I'm not sure where the assault cases stand but think they may have been dropped, but what he needs is to be transferred into a mental health care system instead of the regular jails, which are not equipped to deal with issues like his, and get back on the medication he needs to be on while off the alcohol. It will not be a quick adjustment and those 60-90 days could make him see there is a way out of his struggle if he is in the right facility, and not a jail with people much worse that allow him to justify his actions as, "not that bad," which he does. 

I see Nathan as having a chance and opportunity to grow out of the path he is on, while I see Jenelle and David as lost causes. Nathan is not, at the moment, doing anything to help better himself and I'm not defending that, but he still has my empathy.

• Love 9

Just like how she made her ex-husbands feel for working their assess off to keep a roof over their family's head while she went out and cheated.

Absolutely true, but for some reason I don't feel glee at any of that. Has she reaped what she has sown? Yep. But it's nonetheless sad to see the dynamic between her kids and ex-husbands because that's not all about Leah ... it's about realizing way too late the house of cards you've built, that has so much collateral damage. Unless half (half? maybe being optimistic) of these teen moms get it together in some more measurable way, their kids are going to be very angry 13 year olds.

And trust me, 13 is when the shit hits the fan. My money is on MTV cameras staying around for Leah vs. Amber. And Kaiser's going to be a shit-show of an angry teenager. You can see it now. He's also going to be HUGE.

• Love 8

I see Nathan as having a chance and opportunity to grow out of the path he is on, while I see Jenelle and David as lost causes. Nathan is not, at the moment, doing anything to help better himself and I'm not defending that, but he still has my empathy.

Nathan earns that MTV check and has had opportunities like Kail, Jenelle, Catelynn(?), and Amber, who also apparently suffer from mental issues, to get that help. He can certainly afford it. He also has access due to his military service. I can totally sympathize with people with mental issues and addiction. I have personal experience with it. It is a whole different matter when the ability to pay for that help is there and still, they choose not to seek that help. I save my empathy for those who want help, who can't pay for their meds, and who can't afford their health insurance so they can get the help they desperately need.

Nathan puts his energy into going to the gym, likely does steroids, and he fat shames the strangers on his Snapchat. No one will care that he has PTSD or that he has any brain injury if they become a victim of his actions. 

• Love 4

Ooops, I forgot I wasn't done and submitted... 

As far as leah wanting to tell her kids about her day, I actually maybe for the first time ever see her point in teaching the girls that it's polite to inquire about others lives and not just talk about themselves... but I also don't blame them for not being interested in Leah's day.

Leah quitting school because of the commute is just par for the course... who doesn't take that into consideration!? Maybe online isn't ideal for her, I can understand that, but surely this isn't the only school in her radius. She is still taking basics, surely there is some sort of community college closer than an hour away.

• Love 2
(edited)

Regarding Kail/Chelsea and keeping things private, I think it's two separate issues in a way. The things that Chelsea wanted to keep private are one-time events such as her wedding and Aubree's birthday, where it wasn't just about her, but about Cole, his family, Aubree's friends and their parents. But as far as her relationship with Cole and her drama with Adam, she's pretty much put it all out there. With Kail, she's becoming "private" because her recent history is making her look bad. I understand she can't talk about Chris by name, but she also can't expect to be seven months pregnant and the producers just conveniently ignore that fact. I'm sure Chelsea is afforded more leeway because she's likable and a fan favorite, but Kail could get the sweetheart edit too if she'd stop being such a massive bitch to everyone.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17

CUT THE POLITICS TALK. 

There are PLENTY of other places to talk about politics and this show, like any of the FB TM groups, for example. NOT HERE. If it continues warnings and time outs will be issued. 

4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Aubree's little incident at the eye doctor was absolutely a meltdown. I remember having to fast-forward that scene because the shrieking and flailing were just horrible. It also seemed like a developmentally inappropriate reaction for her age but I could be wrong. 

I remember that. And there was the time when she got home from Adam's. Cole and Chelsea were on couch. Chelsea sends her to brush her teeth and she had a meltdown because she wanted to stay in the living room.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Exactly.  I've done the same (except Navy, not National Guard).  People also spend hours on public transportation, not brand new SUVs, getting to colleges in big cities.  Leah has no incentive because she can sit on her ass and make lots of money.  Why bother going to college?

She's so damn ridiculous.  I worked full time and commuted 90 minutes my last year of college.  I had to leave the house NO LATER than 5:15 a.m, or I wouldn't make it on time for my 8 am class.  I went to law school at night for four years while working full-time to support myself.  Fuck off, Leah.  That girl has no business in a four year university anyway.  There's no way she'll make it all the way through.  She needs to get her ass back to beauty school (although if I recall that schedule was too much for her as well.  I CAN'T, you guys.  Ugh.)

That girl will never get an education or work a day in her life.  She'll go from surviving on Teen Mom money (which I'm SURE she's investing responsibly) to living off of child support.   She'll also keep pumping out those babies so she's got a meal ticket beyond the next 18 years. 

As someone who teaches online college classes, I'm going to say those aren't exactly a silver bullet for Leah, either. They require a lot more self-discipline and ability to figure things out on one's own, and excuses like "but I'm a single moooooom!" or "the internet was down in the holler!" don't fly. I just can't see her completing a full semester online successfully. 

Aubree's little incident at the eye doctor was absolutely a meltdown. I remember having to fast-forward that scene because the shrieking and flailing were just horrible. It also seemed like a developmentally inappropriate reaction for her age but I could be wrong. 

My 42 year old husband would be a close second if someone tried to put eye drops in his eyes.  And don't even get me started on his 38 year old brother.  You should've seen his reaction when I tried to do a eye drop sneak attack on him during Easter.  If I didn't have such cat like reflexes, I'd probably have ended up in the ER.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I remember that. And there was the time when she got home from Adam's. Cole and Chelsea were on couch. Chelsea sends her to brush her teeth and she had a meltdown because she wanted to stay in the living room.

There was another one at a photo shoot Chelsea was doing and Landon was taking the pictures. She took Aubree in the bathroom and I remember a temper tantrum going on then, too. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Whatever anyone wants to call it or define it, the point is Aubree was not happy with the idea of having drops put in her eyes. She is not an adult, she is a child. Developmentally inappropriate? She was a child with a fear. 

Aubree is not the first nor the last child to be upset and cry over having someone put drops in her eyes. Medical professionals have been scaring children for as long as there have been doctors. lol 

Chelsea mentioned in that scene how Aubree has a fear of opening her eyes in a swimming pool. She doesn't like the way it feels. I am that person. It is why I never learned to swim. I could not deal with chlorinated water going in my eyes. To this day, and I am in my 50s, I use goggles. 

5 minutes ago, Mkay said:

There was another one at a photo shoot Chelsea was doing and Landon was taking the pictures. She took Aubree in the bathroom and I remember a temper tantrum going on then, too. 

Because she wanted to play with the video games they had there. Kids will want to play with video games over standing around for some photoshoot. 

38 minutes ago, lezlers said:

My 42 year old husband would be a close second if someone tried to put eye drops in his eyes.  And don't even get me started on his 38 year old brother.  You should've seen his reaction when I tried to do a eye drop sneak attack on him during Easter.  If I didn't have such cat like reflexes, I'd probably have ended up in the ER.

lol

Plenty of adults can't handle being pricked with needles, too. Anyone who has ever been in an E.R. would have likely seen or heard an adult bitch about having to have blood taken or being pricked. My sister used to be a nurse. The stories she told me about grown ass folks and their fears of medical professionals and how they sometimes reacted...lol  It's not just children. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 16
19 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Yeah, Aubree has thrown temper tantrums.  So has every other small child on this planet.  Is anyone here saying she never has?  Throwing a temper tantrum doesn't make a child bad or good.  It makes them a child.

• Love 15
(edited)
5 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Yeah, Aubree has thrown temper tantrums.  So has every other small child on this planet.  Is anyone here saying she never has?  Throwing a temper tantrum doesn't make a child bad or good.  It makes them a child.

Cool. I have a kid too.  I didn't say it made a child good or bad. I was pointing to another time during filming that we have seen a tantrum. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Cool. I have a kid too.  I didn't say it made a child good or bad. I was pointing to another time during filming that we have seen a tantrum. 

I guess I'm just trying to figure out the point of pointing out every meltdown a small child has had over the first 7 years of their life.  I guess I missed the post where someone said she'd never had one.   I'll admit I skimmed a couple of pages and didn't look too closely for it.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Aubree's always pitched tantrums. I don't think she's behind for her age, more like Chelsea was behind on laying down the law. If screaming and throwing a fit means mom will cave eventually, a kid will keep on doing it, even if they're way past the age where it would be considered normal. 

It didn't help that Aubree was being shuttled from one household to another. Her grandparents were likely giving in to Aubree and, according to Chelsea, they were taking her to Burger King against Chelsea's wishes. Aubree learned early on rules and restrictions don't always apply to her. That is certainly not her fault that some of the adults in her life failed. 

As for the whole consequence and counting to three, I believe as far as consequences are concerned, there shouldn't be a consequence for a child who is experiencing fear which is what Aubree was experiencing in that doctor's office. What message is being sent to that child if a parent punishes them for their reaction? Punishments should fit the crime, not be doled out for being fearful of having something put in their eyes.  

We now know Chelsea is taking away Aubree's devices as punishment as we saw in the recent episode. Those are the best kind of punishments because you are taking away from a kid something they really want. Back in my day when I was punished, I was not allowed to watch television or use my phone for a week. That killed me more than not being able to go to a friend's house. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
(edited)

Even though we like Chelsea and not Kail and Chelsea's reasons for not filming are sound, neither of them are doing their job when they refuse to film.

2 hours ago, Christina said:

There is no defense for [Nathan's] actions. He knows he has a problem with alcohol and he knows he can't go around choking his girlfriend, even though he tried to excuse it.

I read a terrifying statistic recently that men who choke their partners are 10 times more likely to kill them.

Edited by nikita
to avoid a double post
  • Love 4

I must have deleted the post I was quoting somehow, but I didn't scroll back up for it.

It does not make one iota of difference to me if the mental health issues are from birth or from injury, jail is not the place to send people who suffer with mental health issues. Funding for mental health treatment has crawled to a trickle and many places have closed, resulting in people who need treatment winding up in jail with the Jenelle's and David's. Getting someone stable on medication can take a while, and since we can't allow someone to just get away with committing crimes such as assault and DUI because of their mental health, there time should be spent getting treatment and becoming stabilized. No one is helped by jail. 

Alcoholics and drug addicts don't get help until they are ready, even though some do realize they are tired of it when in court ordered rehab programs. Someone with mental health issues who doesn't think he is doing anything wrong is not going to realize that he has the money to fix himself, and Nathan has tried to excuse his behavior when he choked his girlfriend by claiming she was talking to some man and went to a cookout for too long, or something else ridiculous. 

He's not getting treatment at the moment and as far as I know, he is continuing to drink, but he is the parent with an opportunity to change, and for Kaiser's sake, I hope he does. Kail and Amber are supposedly on medication for their mental health issues and both are still raging assholes. Maybe Nathan would be, too, or maybe he would be the man we catch glimpses of when he greets his son. 

In any event, my empathy is for a man with untreated but treatable mental health issues who is acting out his injuries. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion, and will agree to disagree on Nathan in particular. I have very little empathy to give to the Teen Mom cast, but can scrape it up for a man injured in the service.

• Love 7

Even though we like Chelsea and not Kail and Chelsea's reasons for not filming are sound, neither of them are doing their job when they refuse to film.

Chelsea hasn't refused to film. I'd like an example that doesn't include a birthday cake. It is not Chelsea walking off reunion sets several times. It is not Chelsea who refused to talk about her ex. It is not Chelsea who curses out producers and the camera crew for being in her home. Chelsea is not hiding a pregnancy. I see more of Chelsea than I do Kail.

It seems to me Chelsea is not getting paid the same as some of the other girls. If they reduce their air time, they are likely reducing their paycheck. Bringing in Briana is just a glimmer of what I think is MTVs way of saying if you want reduced airtime, we will reduce your pay and bring in someone else who can share their private lives. Frankly, there isn't anything Chelsea is hiding and there hasn't been anything that she chose not to air that interested me.

@Christina who said jail was the place for mentally disabled people? I read through the posts but, I am not seeing where that was mentioned.

• Love 9

RE: UBT's "school"

I read on another site that it was the classes to get the certification/license to be able to rent the heavy equipment he's playing around with on their swamp land.

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Chelsea hasn't refused to film. I'd like an example that doesn't include a birthday cake. It is not Chelsea walking off reunion sets several times. It is not Chelsea who refused to talk about her ex. It is not Chelsea who curses out producers and the camera crew for being in her home. Chelsea is not hiding a pregnancy. I see more of Chelsea than I do Kail.

It seems to me Chelsea is not getting paid the same as some of the other girls. If they reduce their air time, they are likely reducing their paycheck. Bringing in Briana is just a glimmer of what I think is MTVs way of saying if you want reduced airtime, we will reduce your pay and bring in someone else who can share their private lives. Frankly, there isn't anything Chelsea is hiding and there hasn't been anything that she chose not to air that interested me.

@Christina who said jail was the place for mentally disabled people? I read through the posts but, I am not seeing where that was mentioned.

Is it possible that maybe they had to fake a scene for Aubree's birthday because they didn't film that week? Maybe it fell in between contracts? Currently, all the girls are filming this week. (I think.  I haven't seen any cameras in Chelseas pics but that doesn't many much). I'm just throwing ideas out there.  :) 

When Chelsea was sick she filmed.  Jenelle didn't but Chelsea did. Chelsea hasn't hit any camera crew with her car door either, like Kail did. I like your explanation of the differences in not filming between Kail and Chelsea. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

RE: UBT's "school"

I read on another site that it was the classes to get the certification/license to be able to rent the heavy equipment he's playing around with on their swamp land.

Well, if he completed the certification ,that's plenty more schooling than some of these chicks have completed (cough, Leah, cough).

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Christina said:

I must have deleted the post I was quoting somehow, but I didn't scroll back up for it.

It does not make one iota of difference to me if the mental health issues are from birth or from injury, jail is not the place to send people who suffer with mental health issues. 

I am not seeing where anyone posted or even implied such a thing. 

Since your brought it up, I will point out that there is a difference between someone who is mentally ill and not harming people versus those who are not mentally well to a degree and are involved in relationships where their partners and children fall victim to their violent outbursts. 

When a person goes around choking women (UBT,Nathan) and anyone goes around assaulting people (Kail, Amber, Jenelle) all bets are off and they deserve to be dealt with by the courts accordingly in spite of whatever part their mental health played in their criminal actions. Pregnant women deserve to be spared being assaulted and thrown out of moving cars. Women deserve to be in their beds and not have someone break into their home where they proceed to sit on them and choke them. Men deserve to be treated accordingly and be spared from being hit, slapped, pushed, shoved, and man-handled. 

Nathan has an arrest record for three instances of DV, burglary, breaking and entering, assault, two DUIs, driving on a suspended license, speeding, driving on the wrong side of the road (just like Kail), giving false info to a peace officer, evading arrest, drunk and disorderly conduct, public intoxication, impairment and endangering the public. Nathan gave an interview on the day he was arrested for his second DUI. He said in that interview he no longer drinks and drives because he already has a DUI.

Nathan manipulates and is a danger to society. I'd hate to be a victim of his drinking and driving. His mental health or PTSD would not fly with me and I don't think it would fly for a lot of people if he were to harm them somehow. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Briana's "stuck with these kids" comment was a little harsh, but it's the truth. With two kids by two different uninvolved fathers, no education, no skills and no job, she's dead weight and she knows it. Even though Chelsea was never a career gal, she at least came into her relationship with a trade, ownership of a house and some money in the bank. A guy looking at Briana is going to see nothing but a huge bill.  I honestly don't know what was going through her head when she decided to have this baby with Lou. She should've gotten an abortion, or arranged for an adoption early on. 

As a single parent with not ever any father involvement, I made sure that shit would not happen again. I did not get involved or see anyone for 10 years and when I did, I was on birth control. I was scared to death of having to do it all emotionally, financially and everything else on my own again. I didn't go to clubs, I never had the money. I didn't do drugs (Jenelle, Amber), drink, or go out. I was committed to raising my daughter. Yes, I was not a teen mom, but I did not have the money for shit like that. My money went to daycare, food, bills. This is why this show pissed me off, it isn't realistic in showing the struggles. In the beginning it was, it showed the struggles. Now it just shows over paid bitches who think they aren't trash and being uppity, driving around in expensive cars, bullying their baby daddies, having no friends, and still lying and making dumb ass decisions. The only one that isn't that way is Chelsea and now Leah is getting that way. So maybe there is hope. 

Edited by toodywoody
because it is 4:15 and I have no life and think of more shit to say
  • Love 9
(edited)
14 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

As someone who teaches online college classes, I'm going to say those aren't exactly a silver bullet for Leah, either. They require a lot more self-discipline and ability to figure things out on one's own, and excuses like "but I'm a single moooooom!" or "the internet was down in the holler!" don't fly. I just can't see her completing a full semester online successfully. 

I totally agree!

I dropped out of college with only two semesters left (personal reasons) and went BACK after my second child was born. I had a full time job and a home to take care of so I had no choice but to take a couple onsite classes and finish the rest online.

My husband thought it would be a walk in the park to take the online but I knew better. I needed the physical attendance to keep my attention at 100% because it was too easy for my kids to distract me with their needs or cuteness (they're quite funny).

Also, my husband would expect laundry to be done and dinner ready "if you're just sitting at home all day!" Lol. We've shared some minor marital arguments over those remarks. I quickly realized I needed the discipline of the professors keeping me from looking at online games and stay focused. By the time my final semester rolled around I made sure all of my classes were at the physical location.

It was difficult juggling work, children, keeping a kept home and food on the stove but like someone said upthread, if you want something bad enough you make it work!!! I can now proudly look at my diploma on my wall knowing how hard I work for it - terrific feeling.

Leah has no incentive to make her "dream" of being a college graduate because she's no longer thirsty for money. Why all the hard work? Most would say for personal achievement but to these TM girls it's just to shut the hatters up and Leah just didn't keep her motivation.

She wouldn't believe what I'm juggling right now in order to make a longtime dream happen. It involves *gasp* 4 hours of commute daily.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

College won't work for Leah because she is without a specific educational goal other than to "go back to college."

Yes. I think Leah with do better with some type of certification program. 

• Love 5