Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E13: Head of Household #4; Nominations #4

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Jessica is a different person and player with Cody in the house. She only consulted with him about the noms. She mended fences while he was gone, but she didn't bring anyone else on board with her plans prior to nominations. That's what Cody did week one. Jessica and Cody both tend to isolate themselves, at least in terms of strategy.

I see the two situations differently. At the time, Cody was in an actual alliance, so he SHOULD have been talking to them about strategy before noms, Veto, etc. But, at this point, Cody and Jess are on the outside. They're not working with anyone, so I don't see the need for much strategy talk. Beyond that, I don't think anyone really has an issue with her choices for the block. 

• Love 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I see the two situations differently. At the time, Cody was in an actual alliance, so he SHOULD have been talking to them about strategy before noms, Veto, etc. But, at this point, Cody and Jess are on the outside. They're not working with anyone, so I don't see the need for much strategy talk. Beyond that, I don't think anyone really has an issue with her choices for the block. 

Yeah, I respectfully disagree with that and don't think the situations are that different. She wants Josh gone badly. He's the target, But she didn't secure the votes. She's just assuming everyone with go along with that. But I'll agree to disagree.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, helpmerhonda said:

For the love of God, someone teach Jessica when to use "Cody and I" vs. "Cody and me." (Sorry - I'm an English teacher.)

YES!  it sets my teeth on edge when she does that and I'm not an English teacher.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But it is the height of fashion in northern Westeros.

LOL, this was my thought, too.  With the hair and the beard and the fur, Paul's rocking the look for north of The Wall.

14 hours ago, helpmerhonda said:

... For the love of God, someone teach Jessica when to use "Cody and I" vs. "Cody and me." (Sorry - I'm an English teacher.)

Don't be sorry!  I'm not an English teacher and I wince at every "for/to Cody and I" ladled out of the deep fryer.  "Cody and I's"?   My hair's on fire.  (Not literally, though, Jess.)

I keep thinking of Josh's parents watching this.  Any chance they're forced to face the fact their son needs some professional counseling or do they just want to get him home and back into the fold, where he'll be safe?

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

Jessica is a different person and player with Cody in the house. She only consulted with him about the noms. She mended fences while he was gone, but she didn't bring anyone else on board with her plans prior to nominations.

With Cody out of the house she

Spoiler

spoke to nobody about game. She mentioned something about revenge to Jason I think and that was it for the rest of the week.  She trusted nobody and the reason why Dom said in her exit interviews she'd only speak to Jess/Mark out of the house is because Jess didn't do the "shunning" like everyone else. Jess continued to talk to her.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Just everyday mentally challenged?

DING DING DING. Yeah - Kevin said it was just Josh's age, like he was just immature, but it's more serious than that. I honestly think he's got a borderline IQ. And apparently somebody told him the whole "meatball" thing was funny so he ran with it. He really does act like he's about eight years old.

At this point it's clear the show is invested in telling us what Paul thinks about this and what Paul thinks about that and what Paul's reaction is to this and what Paul's reaction is to that. Paul Paul Paul Paul. We don't get a single talking head from Matt - apparently he has no opinions whatsoever and/or the show doesn't give a damn what he thinks of anything. We really don't hear what Kevin thinks of any of this either or what his game is - he's just there for comic relief.  It's more important that we hear from Paul every five seconds.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, llewis823 said:

What's the word I'm looking for? Hmmm...I'll tell you what I'm trying to describe and you tell me the word for which I'm looking.

The word I'm feeling for the way they all schmoozed with Jess & Cody right after they all piled their lame HOH punishments on them.

Disingenuous? I mean there was a grand montage of people saying one thing while thinking another. Saying 'Oh pish, we've alllllways loved you guys, you know that. We'd lovvvve to work with you!' When in their head you can hear them going 'Bitch, please you two are out of here the second we get a chance!'

• Love 7

Re: Josh.

That boy ain't right in the head.

Bi-polar?

Psychotic?

Just everyday mentally challenged?

Something ain't right with him.

I know the term "r*******" has fallen out of favor, but a previous generation might have surmised that Josh is mildly r*******.  And it makes me uncomfortable to watch him act out and get himself worked up. Shame on the producers for casting him. While some people can hide their flaws or weaknesses, there is no way Josh got through the casting process without demonstrating his issues to the producers.

• Love 7

I didn't have a problem with all of the punishments being aimed at Cody & Jess - they've played the "us against the world" angle, and this fed into that.  Plus, it wouldn't have made sense for anyone to target anyone else when they all needed Codica to lose.  None of the punishments were painful, degrading or hurtful - just sticky, smelly and obnoxious... standard BB fare, IMO.   As for yelling "meatballs" on repeat... I could've sworn that Cody almost cracked a smile about that at one point; made me wonder if it had become something of a household joke by that point.  It's so stupid, what other reaction could a sane person have but to LOL?

• Love 3

I really want the other players to go and watch YouTube videos of Marine Boot Camp because if they thought that any of those punishments were going to annoy Cody, they were crazy. Seriously crazy. I know Cody mentioned it in one of his talking heads and I was laughing with him.

Seriously, look at the videos of the Recruit inspection or drill or, well, pick an event at Marine boot camp because they all pretty much involve lots of yelling and Drill Instructors in a Recruits face while the Recruit stands there yelling Yes Sir or No Sir as loudly as possible. So yeah, those punishments were not going to phase Cody. Heck, they didn't phase the people standing around him while smelling the stuff or listening to the screaming.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I really want the other players to go and watch YouTube videos of Marine Boot Camp because if they thought that any of those punishments were going to annoy Cody, they were crazy. Seriously crazy. I know Cody mentioned it in one of his talking heads and I was laughing with him.

I had the same thought, before he said anything - "I bet he's had drill instructors 10 ten times worse". Those punishments were beyond lame. A fat yoga instructor yelling at you? Yawn. I didn't think the other houseguests were necessarily bullying Cody and Jess, but I just found it super fake how they were all, "Love ya, Cody, but...." No, you don't love him. Shut your mouth. 

• Love 1

Those distractions could use some work. What was the point of the tagger? He was at their back, so they couldn't see him and he was using spray paint, so they couldn't feel anything. And the garbage affected the people on either side almost as much as the target. Production needs to come up with some better stuff that will bug the target, but not the other players. How about a mime? Space the players a bit farther apart and the mime could be in front of and just a bit to the side of the target. Almost close enough to smack. Now there's a distraction.

• Love 7

Josh with his head against the wall crying broke my heart. I wanted to give him a hug and tell him it will be alright. At first I thought maybe it was all an act. He doesn't belong in this game as he's clearly not mentally stable or perhaps just challenged in the thinking department. I'm beyond pissed with tptb for even casting him.  When someone has a mental illness you help them not put them through this type of pressure. 

• Love 1

Josh with his head against the wall crying broke my heart.

You're a much nicer person than I am, apparently.  I think I was making gagging noises.

If Josh were just "sensitive", fine.  But he's a mean little bully when it suits him and a crying mess when it goes wrong.

• Love 17

Random thoughts:

1. I don't begrudge any houseguests their dark glasses or Paul his fur monstrosity. Those TV lights are hellishly bright, so whenever they're lying around, they're actually staring up at them. They HAVE to have dark glasses on. And it's kept freezing cold in that house (think about all the electronics in there, generating heat and needing to be kept cool). So I give Paul a pass on the fur collar jacket.

2. Shut up, Josh.

3. Yeah, the best strategy would have been to pile all the distractions on Jessica. That would have been more effective on both Jessica and Cody.

4. Shut up, Josh. 

5. Cody gets half a point for a glimmering of self-awareness that his social game doesn't exist and he has to follow Jess's lead. 

6. Cody loses that half point for still insisting everyone else betrayed him, when HE was the one who betrayed his team with the Paul blindside.

7. Shut up, Josh.

8. If Kevin doesn't get a show or podcast out of this, there are no reality TV gods. Every time he talks, it's TV gold.

9. Really, Josh, just Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

You're a much nicer person than I am, apparently.  I think I was making gagging noises.

If Josh were just "sensitive", fine.  But he's a mean little bully when it suits him and a crying mess when it goes wrong.

I did feel that way too. He is a mean bully. I just think there is something else wrong. Maybe borderline personality disorder which needs intense therapy and medication. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, helpmerhonda said:

For the love of God, someone teach Jessica when to use "Cody and I" vs. "Cody and me." (Sorry - I'm an English teacher.)

It hurts my ears as well, but It seems to me that more people don't know when to use "I" vs. "me" than do.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, babs1226 said:

It hurts my ears as well, but It seems to me that more people don't know when to use "I" vs. "me" than do.  

Maybe it's because it's summer, and without any students around, I just feel the need to correct somebody.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, watch2much said:

YES!  it sets my teeth on edge when she does that and I'm not an English teacher.

Yea! Me too.  I heard her also say Cody and I's game. And sadly she isn't the only person to do that. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, llewis823 said:

Talk about irony. Okay, maybe not irony. What's the word I'm looking for? Hmmm...I'll tell you what I'm trying to describe and you tell me the word for which I'm looking.

The word I'm feeling for the way they all schmoozed with Jess & Cody right after they all piled their lame HOH punishments on them. What tools. And go...

Hypocritical? 

18 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Jody/Conica...LOLZ.  Conica sounds like a brand of copy machine.  I like it, it matches Cody's personality.

Ahem, it's Codica. ?

• Love 4
On 7/24/2017 at 0:09 PM, Mumbles said:

I know the term "r*******" has fallen out of favor, but a previous generation might have surmised that Josh is mildly r*******.  And it makes me uncomfortable to watch him act out and get himself worked up. Shame on the producers for casting him. While some people can hide their flaws or weaknesses, there is no way Josh got through the casting process without demonstrating his issues to the producers.

No, I don't think he is ' r*******'.  My sister was born with Down Syndrome.  Josh doesn't have any of  the obvious facial tell tales.  I was thinking deaf at one point, maybe with cochlear implants. Sigh, in any case I do feel for him.  Breaks my heart. Love Sux sometimes

On 7/24/2017 at 6:56 AM, icemiser69 said:

It wasn't bullying.  Jessica and Cody have been dishing it out from day one.  I seriously doubt that anything that happens to them in the house, brought on by TPTB via a competition, could be considered bullying.

Thank you!! They were complete assholes to people when Cody was HOH so I have no sympathy. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:25 AM, Lamb18 said:

Dominique committed the unforgiveable sin of "betraying" Paul!! High treason!!

Well, yeah...when an ally screws you over, that is a betrayal. And when an ally betrays you, they're no longer your ally and you vote them out. I really feel like Paul is taking a lot of flack for just playing the game.  It's not his fault that the other houseguests are so easily led.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:30 AM, llewis823 said:

Talk about irony. Okay, maybe not irony. What's the word I'm looking for? Hmmm...I'll tell you what I'm trying to describe and you tell me the word for which I'm looking.

The word I'm feeling for the way they all schmoozed with Jess & Cody right after they all piled their lame HOH punishments on them. What tools. And go...

The phrase you're looking for is "playing Big Brother". Being nice to people you don't particularly like is the only way to win the game.  Kissing up to the new HOH is nothing new.

I'm not fond of the way most of the houseguests have behaved this season but I'm not comfortable with diagnosing Josh with a mental illness.  I mean, the guy's kind of a wuss but for people to be calling him bipolar or mentally challenged (or the really offensive R word) is a bit much. 

• Love 4
On 24/07/2017 at 10:34 AM, Runningwild said:

I was very uncomfortable watching the HOH competition as everyone targeted Cody and Jessica. They acted like bullies.  I hate the herd mentality. And I hate the way they all do whatever Paul says. 

Sheep. I think I'm over BB this season. I'm so disappointed, Paul is just coasting to a BB win, with the most unlikeable duo, that could take him out. Boring.

On 24/07/2017 at 7:32 PM, Slider said:

Josh can dish it out, but he most certainly can't take it.

He's a big baby! I'm tired of him, and his meatballs! 

On 7/24/2017 at 6:17 PM, Cherry Cola said:

Yea! Me too.  I heard her also say Cody and I's game. And sadly she isn't the only person to do that. 

the sad part is they are doing it to show how intelligent they are...not knowing it shows the opposite.

Okay - for the record:

• I totally dislike Josh's bullying.
  • I absolutely hate his "poor sensitive me" crying jags when he can't take a single serving of what he's dishing out.
  • Enough with the fucking "meatballs meatballs meatballs" bullshit already!

That being said... are Josh's antics effective?

I raise the question because much as Cody denies paying any attention to Josh or giving any weight to Josh's carryings-on, *I* think Josh has managed to pierce Cody's armor in a way no other HG can (except maybe Jessica - but that's an entirely different kind of piercing, you get into questions of who's piercing who, and THAT is a totally different conversation altogether).  Consider this:

1. Cody's TH DRs throughout the HoH comp were all extolling the degree to which nothing was going to affect his concentration or focus in the comp - but when was the first time we did see Cody's focus lapse?  Why, when Cody averted his gaze from his red disc to jeer at Josh when Josh dropped out of the comp.
  2. Another interesting thing about that first Cody lapse - I don't recall Cody aiming similar jabs at any other HG.  Do you?  :)
  3. Second Cody flinch?  When Josh directed his punishment at Jessica.  Cody's jaw locked up so tight I thought the boy might crack a molar.  Cody might be able to endure all kinds of discomfort for himself, but Jessica-directed attacks are definitely a c**** in the CodyBot's armor plating.
  4. And finally - what finally made Cody drop in the comp?  I sincerely doubt it was the simple physicality involved - Christmas held out longer than the ex-Marine, and she did so standing on one foot.  Rather, I suspect Josh's constant meatball-meatball-meatball-meatball-meatball ragging played a role.  Cody has repeatedly stated he considers Josh to be of not much more annoyance than a fly - and that may even be true, although Cody seems to go on about Josh more than I ever spoke about any insect - but it's also true that even a simple housefly can drive a person to the point of insanity, if it continually keeps buzzing about you and you can't move to swat it away.  Could you put up with Josh going on and on and on and on nonstop for over an hour with _zero_ effect on your concentration?  Me, I'd be about ready to take that plastic rod and turn him into a Joshsickle.

So: I'm ready to entertain the notion that although Josh's antics are irritating and juvenile to the extremest of extremes, they may have a degree of effectiveness sufficient to sway Cody's performance in critical comps if Josh can pursue them unchecked.

What think y'all?

9 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Paul was given an opportunity to come back and play the game again this season.  I don't blame him for doing that.  If people are upset that Paul is back this season, then I think they ought to be angry at the show runners, not Paul.  Many people will be angry at Paul, no matter what he does.

I think Paul is getting so much diary room (air time), because he is the only one that is "bringing it".  If other people in the house were "air worthy", I am sure that TPTB would show it.

ETA: I can understand why TPTB would bring back a veteran.  No matter how any of the house guests are screened, no one knows how they will react once they get in the house.  Maybe they are great television.  Maybe they get all bug-eyed and shut down like Cindy Brady on a quiz show.

They already know that Paul will "bring it".

If Paul wasn't on the show now, I don't think anyone would be there to challenge the douche bag twins (Cody and Jessica).  I am not sure this season would be any better without Paul.  I could easily envision a scenario where Cody and Jessica just steamroll the house without Paul being there to challenge them.

I would love to see an all newby house, there is just no guarantee it would be the least bit watchable.

I am not mad at Paul for anything.  I just can't stand him because he is an obnoxious tool.  Not that the others are much better, but he is pretty gross.  I hardly even watch the show anymore because it is all about him, and I can't stand him.  I am not a Cody fan, but the only reason I wanted him back in the house was because it would irk Paul.  Anything that trips him up I am for.  lol  Oh, and chaos...lots of chaos.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, I never knew that meatballs came in packs, so I like when I can learn something from my realatee teevee... but yeah enough is enough. It's like when kids go through the stage of having a 'new word of the week' and it's blah blah this and blah blah that over and over. See Josh who apparently is very happy with himself that he has found a new insult word (even MORE powerful!!) made up allll by himself!

Such usage we've not seen since Howie went on his tirade at/for April.

Edited by Wandering Snark
17 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't think Josh is bullying anyone.  He does have the ability to annoy the crap out of people.  It happened during the game of pool.

What do you call what he did to Meghan? Josh is perfectly capable of bullying people. He is very willing to get into peoples face and try to intimidate them.

14 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Well, I never knew that meatballs came in packs, so I like when I can learn something from my realatee teevee... but yeah enough is enough. It's like when kids go through the stage of having a 'new word of the week' and it's blah blah this and blah blah that over and over. See Josh who apparently is very happy with himself that he has found a new insult word (even MORE powerful!!) made up allll by himself!

Such usage we've not seen since Howie went on his tirade at/for April.

There are some great ones made by Aidell and Al Fresco. I have bought them for my son, he loves them and they take no time to heat up. Look in the aisle that sells bratwursts and hot dogs at the grocery store.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

What do you call what he did to Meghan? Josh is perfectly capable of bullying people. He is very willing to get into peoples face and try to intimidate them.

That wasn't bullying. He got upset with her and let her know. Just because he raised his voice, doesn't make it bullying.  Having a disagreement with someone and getting into a heated argument isn't bullying. He may have been a jerk (for which he genuinely apologized after) but bullying is a continuous stream of torment, not getting upset with someone once. If I cried "bully" every time someone was an asshole to me, then almost literally everyone I've ever worked with is a bully.  People throw around the word "bully" any time someone is the least bit mean to them nowadays.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

That wasn't bullying. He got upset with her and let her know. Just because he raised his voice, doesn't make it bullying.  Having a disagreement with someone and getting into a heated argument isn't bullying. He may have been a jerk (for which he genuinely apologized after) but bullying is a continuous stream of torment, not getting upset with someone once. If I cried "bully" every time someone was an asshole to me, then almost literally everyone I've ever worked with is a bully.  People throw around the word "bully" any time someone is the least bit mean to them nowadays.

He got in her face and yelled at her, twice. The first time he stalked over to her and yelled at her. That is not getting upset with someone and letting them know. That is a physical attempt at intimidation and is bullying.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

From dictionary.com:

bully [boo l-ee] - noun, plural bullies.

1. A blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.

Yeah, I agree he bullied Megan.  We never saw what it was that set him off either.  It was very weird, and I really grew to dislike him because of his behavior with Megan.

• Love 1