Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Stormborn

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, enoughcats said:

He got Sansa away from Ramsay Bolton.  Their jump has to be worth something.

Odds are that DramaChick is correct about Theon being useless.

But there is a small chance that he realized he couldn't possibly save his sister and did the smart thing by fleeing so that he could return some at a later time and kill Euron.

I would guess there is a very good chance that Theon could be the one to eventually save the day somehow by killing Euron.

Also, in a happy world, Theon and Sansa would wind up together and live happily ever after. Unfortunately, GoT is hardly ever a very happy place.

• Love 1
(edited)

Remember in "Raiders of the Lost Ark," when Indiana stowed away by hanging onto the top of that submarine? And apparently the submarine didn't know it was a submarine, so it politely stayed right on the surface for him the entire time? Well, if Theon decides to follow Urine by hanging on to a ship, it'll be the same schtick, basically, except that sailing ships can't go under water, so at least that part makes sense.

Arya's table manners are a lot like The Hound's. Can't wait to see her sit down and eat with Sansa. Funniest blink-and-you'll-miss-it line of the week was when Hot Pie was giving advice on how to create the perfect pie and Arya muttered "I didn't do that."

Is Ser Friendstone now Ser Sore-ah?

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 10

Did they keep the third sand snake alive? I can never tell who is dangling.  I know he would keep Ellaria for Cersei. I would like to believe Theon knew Euron wouldn't kill Yara right away and he's not given up. And I kept wondering too with all the Raven's back and forth to Jon, no one has bothered to tell him about Bran???

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

There was no way Theon was going to save Yara in that moment.  Better to lose the battle today so that you can win the war tomorrow.

Yup -- I agree with this:  First of all, Theon knew charging was certain death for both of them, I also suspect he knows Yara is 10 times the fighter he is, and likely more apt to take down Uncle Shitgibbon on her own and her best chance to do that was Theon NOT making sure they were dead.  A helluva time for his PTSD to kick in, but his options were limited in that situation, and while it appears shitty, it was also the only shot they had to get them both out alive.

On another note -- Thank you, GOT, for ruining the enjoyment of pot pies for me in this lifetime, or any other.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Reek doing a mismatched buddy movie teamup with one of the Sand Snakes could be amusing.

And then they could double-date with Grey Worm and Missendei.

Maybe the Lord Of Light has another prophecy...."The eunuchs shall inherit the earth"

• Love 1

Dany already gets an F as a strategist in the war for the Iron Throne.  In their big planning session, what was the one thing they left out?  The one thing that should have been the FIRST thing on their list.  Euron's massive fleet.  Why weren't those dragons out there with Yara's fleet?  That's what they're there for.  Sinking Euron's fleet should have been order number one before moving on to the actual conquest.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, paigow said:

Maybe the Lord Of Light has another prophecy...."The eunuchs shall inherit the earth"

Between Varys, Theon and Greyworm... the eunuchs got a lot of action this week.

6 minutes ago, Dobian said:

In their big planning session, what was the one thing they left out?  The one thing that should have been the FIRST thing on their list.  Euron's massive fleet.

When Theon and Yara escaped, they took the majority of the Iron fleet. 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Dany already gets an F as a strategist in the war for the Iron Throne.  In their big planning session, what was the one thing they left out?  The one thing that should have been the FIRST thing on their list.  Euron's massive fleet.  Why weren't those dragons out there with Yara's fleet?  That's what they're there for.  Sinking Euron's fleet should have been order number one before moving on to the actual conquest.

Yara + Theon took a chunk of the fleet and did not know that Euron would have 1000 ships built that fast (how did they get that many ships?). 
To which this could have aided Olenna/Yara's plan to blitz King's landing. had they done it they'd still have to deal with the fleet but the surprise element was gone). 

• Love 4

First of all, thank you to all of you who filled in some of the many blanks for me/us. It was so dark, I couldn't who was fighting whom, nor who died or was captured!!

Re: Sir Lorah, I was thinking that after Sam pulls off that nasty greyscale (THANKS SHOW), that he will apply something that is the cure (dragonstone'ish)??

Great episode, it was worth being sleepy today :)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

First of all, thank you to all of you who filled in some of the many blanks for me/us. It was so dark, I couldn't who was fighting whom, nor who died or was captured!!

Re: Sir Lorah, I was thinking that after Sam pulls off that nasty greyscale (THANKS SHOW), that he will apply something that is the cure (dragonstone'ish)??

Great episode, it was worth being sleepy today :)

yah. it looked like they needed to clearly directly apply the grey-scale stuff ont he skin not the hard stuff

Lots of foreshadowing in this episode! Loved Arya seeing Nymeria, but, I have to believe the trailer for this season was referring to Arya:

Spoiler

"The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"......

(edited)

Yara + Theon took a chunk of the fleet and did not know that Euron would have 1000 ships built that fast (how did they get that many ships?). 
To which this could have aided Olenna/Yara's plan to blitz King's landing. had they done it they'd still have to deal with the fleet but the surprise element was gone). 

Seriously.  How the hell did they do that?  First of all, as others have pointed out, there appear to be NO TREES on the Iron Islands.  Second, what exactly is the timeline at this point, that is, from the time Euron said 'build me 1000 ships' to them sailing off to King's Landing?

And regarding the whole Dany/Varys showdown:  I liked it, but why did this particular conversation not happen, oh, say, when they originally met?  Why accept him as part of your power circle, send him off to get allies, sail all the way to Dragonstone, and THEN have that little talk about how she can or can't trust him?

Edited by Maurina
fixed plural of 'ally'
  • Love 9

Cersai's twisted Meister is so damn creepy. I'm scared for Dany's dragons, and wonder what would happen if the night king got hold of a dead dragon?! He has plenty of horses and now giants in his army- can't even imagine how awful a reanimated dead dragon would be! 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Yara + Theon took a chunk of the fleet and did not know that Euron would have 1000 ships built that fast

they also didn't know that Euron had sided with the Lannisters. They though he was off dong his own king of the iron islands thing.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Maurina said:

Seriously.  How the hell did they do that?  First of all, as others have pointed out, there appear to be NO TREES on the Iron Islands.  Second, what exactly is the timeline at this point, that is, from the time Euron said 'build me 1000 ships' to them sailing off to King's Landing?

And regarding the whole Dany/Varys showdown:  I liked it, but why did this particular conversation not happen, oh, say, when they originally met?  Why accept him as part of your power circle, send him off to get allys, sail all the way to Dragonstone, and THEN have that little talk about how she can or can't trust him?

Right?! like i know people get mad how fast people can teleport around Westeros - fine whatever. 
but how on earth do you build 1000 ships  that fast? 

and yah the Varys/Dany bit was kind off putting. That was a conversation that needed to happen ages earlier. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, LisaBLingLing said:

Alternate opinion on Theon.  He knew charging Euron in that situation was suicide.  He would die and so would Yara.  He lived to fight another day, somehow.  I suspect his decision will prove important and ultimately the right one.

Or not.  

totally agree - somehow I feel he will save his sister and be a huge part in the ending.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Sam's stuff is still a bit boring, but I did like him putting himself on the line to try and save Jorah, due to his loyalty to Commander Mormont and everything he did for him.  Hope Jorah pulls through.  And I kind of hope he does end up being reunited with his family, because Jorah and Lyanna meeting up sounds pretty fun actually.

I never think Sam's stuff is boring, stomach-churning perhaps, but not boring.

The actor who plays Theon did a great job of portraying Theon's shifting thoughts. What I saw was PTSD kicking in, and then Theon calming himself just enough to gage the odds of his situation and project what was likely to happen. Did he even have a weapon at that moment? Euron is crazy-cruel and had Yara in his grasp. How could Theon have fought and saved her? I don't think he was a coward, he had no chance of saving Yara right then, so he chose to jump and hope to survive to fight again. 

So does Tyrion know that Sansa is with Jon at Winterfell? If so, not a word to his wife in that note? I mean, I know space is scarce and they need to write kinda like it's an old-time telegram, but wouldn't a brief "My love [or maybe draw a little heart?] to Sansa" have been nice? That Ramsay thing wasn't real, Tyrion, and she dumped him hard and took everything in the divorce, so you have another chance.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Right?! like i know people get mad how fast people can teleport around Westeros - fine whatever. 
but how on earth do you build 1000 ships  that fast? 

and yah the Varys/Dany bit was kind off putting. That was a conversation that needed to happen ages earlier. 

I doubt they built 1000 ships. Even a few hundred would likely qualify as the largest fleet Westeros has ever seen. Plus, Yara didn't take all of the ships in the Iron Fleet, just the best ones. So they still probably had 50+. I forget what the exact wording was in his "build me 1,000 ships" speech, but is it possible the  ironborn raided the North/Riverlands for lumber? 

1 minute ago, RedHawk said:

I never think Sam's stuff is boring, stomach-churning perhaps, but not boring.

The actor who plays Theon did a great job of portraying Theon's shifting thoughts. What I saw was PTSD kicking in, and then Theon calming himself just enough to gage the odds of his situation and project what was likely to happen. Did he even have a weapon at that moment? Euron is crazy-cruel and had Yara in his grasp. How could Theon have fought and saved her? I don't think he was a coward, he had no chance of saving Yara right then, so he chose to jump and hope to survive to fight again. 

So does Tyrion know that Sansa is with Jon at Winterfell? If so, not a word to his wife in that note? I mean, I know space is scarce and they need to write kinda like it's an old-time telegram, but wouldn't a brief "My love [or maybe draw a little heart?] to Sansa" have been nice? That Ramsay thing wasn't real, Tyrion, and she got dumped him hard in the end, so don't be jellie.

I think this is the most interesting Sam has ever been. I've enjoyed his scenes at the Citadel. 

Tyrion only found out about Jon from Melisandre. So he didn't know about Sansa. 

• Love 9
(edited)

So Yara's dead right? That was her body hanging from the ship right? I saw a body hanging from the bow of that ship and it looked like her. I mean the queen of Dorn, she's the prize that would be useful to Cersei, since she killed her daughter, not Yara. Yara has no use anymore, and I'm trying to figure out why they let Theon survive, what's his use? I guess there's gotta be more to him since he helped Sansa escape, but you could tell he was having PTSD flashbacks of what Reek went through and that makes him useless. If he's going to freeze up time and time again, then....but I don't blame him for jumping ship, it was pointless, why should he die too. But I did feel sorry for Yara, she sailed to save him, against her father's wishes and her brother couldn't do the same for her. 

Arya and her wolf, that was touching. I suspect when she said that's not you, she meant that he had either changed so much just like she had, or that he would want to be free to roam just like she would and not want to be held up at the castle. 

Lady Olena for the WIN, I love that old gal. Danny, start listening to her. You run things by Tyrion because he is smart, but you're supposed to be making the final decisions based on your own knowledge and gut. 

I think Danny's side will win the next battle, but Greyworm will die, I'll miss him; at least he found true love and some happiness. 

Oh, you just know that one of those dragons is going to die and/or be taken over by the White Walkers.

I can't wait to Arya gets home, I believe she will kill Littlefinger. 

It was nice to see Hotpie.

What is up with this show infusing food with waste? Cutting from the infectious body puss to the runny, off-white filling of chicken pot pie, thanks, that was just a "scrumptious" visual. Last week it was what, beef stew/soup with runny shit otherwise known as diarrhea. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 1
(edited)

Remember that Sansa and Tyrion were forced to wed.  He was in love with another woman and was at best civil to Sansa.   Jon kept saying to Sansa that "you know him", when she really didn't. All she could say was that he was the nicest Lannister! 

The 2 Sand Snakes was the ones whose bodies were hanging off the ship.  Euron took Yara, Ellaria, and possibly Tyene Sand with him. I suspect he wants to do some nasty shit to Yara before he tries to kill her.  Euron looks like the pedophile uncle type. "Give Uncle a kiss!" I was grossed out when he said that to Yara.

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

So Yara's dead right? That was her body hanging from the ship right? I saw a body hanging from the bow of that ship and it looked like her.

I also thought that was Yara, and I thought the body on top of the bow was Ellaria, but of course, Cersie would prefer her delivered alive so she can torture her.

(edited)

So I guess I have to rewatch.  I thought it was Yara hanging from the bow.  I thought this was a great episode.

I have not been a fan of Dany being the entitled queen of the world.  How many times does her right hand have to remind her that wholesale slaughter does not necessarily have to be the first option?  While she "freed" slaves, she seem to directly benefit from their emancipation by collecting more soldiers to die for her entitled desire to rule everyone...  Even as mentioned with Varys, why given him the shakedown then?  He has already done some good work for you?  Maybe her castle has a physiological effect on Targareyn brains that make them really aggressive?  

Edited by ChipBach
  • Love 7
Just now, RedHawk said:

I also thought that was Yara, and I thought the body on top of the bow was Ellaria, but of course, Cersie would prefer her delivered alive so she can torture her.

No they wouldn't kill Ellaria, because you remember she was begging them to just kill her and the guy shook his head no, with a smirk on his face. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Remember that Sansa and Tyrion were forced to wed.  He was in love with another woman and was at best civil to Sansa.   Jon kept saying to Sansa that "you know him", when she really didn't. All she could say was that he was the nicest Lannister! 

I was making a wee joke about Tyrion sending his love to Sansa, but I also look forward to their reunion. She does know a side of Tyrion that others don't. He was made to wed her also, and he told her up front he would not force her to have sex. He didn't harm her in any way and she came to appreciate his kindness. That may be a basis for them to trust each other in the future when factions need to join up.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

So Yara's dead right? That was her body hanging from the ship right?

No, Euron took Yara, mama Sand Snake, and the one daughter, Tyene.  The other two daughters are dead, and the bodies we saw on the bow of the ship were them.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

No, Euron took Yara, mama Sand Snake, and the one daughter, Tyene.  The other two daughters are dead, and the bodies we saw on the bow of the ship were them.

Thanks, so I guess Cersie will start her torture by having mama Sand Snake watch her daughter be tortured and killed, a daughter for a daughter. 

I still don't get what use Yara has anymore, unless there not done with that brother and sister bond and Theon rides in and saves her. 

• Love 2

I think Yara was Euron's "gift" to himself. All of Yara's ships and men are gone, so she no longer has any real value to Dany. I think Euron wants to torture her like Cersei is going to torture Ellaria and Tyene. I think we're going to see Theon redeem himself by saving her, but I agree it doesn't give Cersei/Euron any real leverage by holding her. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I think that the fact that Nymeria didn't allow her pack to feast on Arya and her horse was recognition enough.

I hope that seeing that Nymeria found a pack, found herself a place to belong, is foreshadowing for Arya!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MrWhyt said:

they also didn't know that Euron had sided with the Lannisters. They though he was off dong his own king of the iron islands thing.

All the same, it should be mandatory that whenever Dany sends a fleet out, it's accompanied by at least one dragon.  Use it or lose it, as they say.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Maurina said:

Another thing about Euron's lead ship: the sails.  Specifically the sail on sail approach.  (And a quibble about where did all that black dye come from.  Not just where did all the flax come from to weave that much fabric, but.....squid dye for the sails?  Not many natural dies come out flat black. 

The sails on the good guy's fleet were barely filling with wind.  Then all of a sudden, massive wind behind Euron.  Or is it just magic and don't overthink it?

• Love 2

While thinking (far too much) about Euron's Fleet last week, I rationalized that his mega battle cruiser with the multiple sails is the one he's sailed around the world, and was already in his possession, having not been one of the ships Yara and Theon absconded with. There were a few ships they left behind. And Euron, personally oversaw an expedited build of the new fleet. Perhaps with trees from the iron islands (as he instructed his men to cut them all down) and perhaps with a little raid of the mainland. The North and Riverlands have been a little otherwise occupied to be worry about their coastal forests.

I loved the Nymeria reunion. Especially since we haven't seen Ghost since the Battle of the Bastards. That scene was filmed here in Alberta, so I was looking forward to it after it was reported. Maisie reportedly commandeered the local Karoke Bar for a night while she was here filming. But I think the best part of Arya was watching her go from dead-eyed killer to warmed over when she heard of the news at Winterfell.

• Love 5
(edited)

It occurs to me in this episode that Littlefinger understands Cersei and King's Landing but that he doesn't get the North as well as he thinks he does.   Whenever there's a meeting of Jon and the Northern Houses, Little Finger doesn't sit with the other lords.  He's always off against the wall standing apart from them.   He's fixated on the idea that Sansa is the key to gaining leadership in the North but that hasn't been shown.  When Littlefinger lied to the other Lords and spread the false rumor that Ramsey kidnapped Sansa from him, the Lords didn't rally around Littlefinger to rescue her.   There was so much bitterness because of Ned and Robb's mistakes, and Sansa was being judged as if she willingly married Tyrion and Ramsey instead of them feeling sympathy towards her for being forced to marry the enemy.  Sansa's public support of Jon prior to the Battle of the Bastards did not get them the Northern support they needed.  Littlefinger was convinced that Jon was beneath his notice because Jon was a bastard and assumed the Northern lords would reject Jon.  Yet Jon was named King.   Littlefinger helped save the day in the Battle of the Bastards and yet the Northern Lords don't seem to notice him in a heroic light.  Jon was the one who they turned to for leadership.  He overestimated Sansa's value and underestimated the North's willingness to support Jon.  So Littlefinger has a record of getting it wrong when it comes to the North. 

I suspect that if Littlefinger succeeded in getting Sansa to marry him that it wouldn't be the automatic path to being King he thinks.  I suspect instead of elevating him it would bring her down.  The Northern lords don't trust him, and he is not someone they would rally around to support.  Anyone who married him would end up being viewed as tainted.  So I think his smug belief that Jon leaving Sansa in charge means he has an advantage is going to get proven wrong.  Sansa is, I hope, not going to be easy to manipulate. I hope she is able to hold the Northern Lords together and show publicly that she has value.  The Northern Lords don't know she was the one who called in Littlefinger's soldiers to help win the Battle of the Bastards.   Jon's departure and trust in Sansa is giving her a chance to come into her own power and get acknowledgement from the other lords. 

Edited by Luckylyn
  • Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, cocobeans said:

I hope that seeing that Nymeria found a pack, found herself a place to belong, is foreshadowing for Arya!

I hope that Arya learned that lesson as well. I hope that  - "Not for you"- wasn't meant that Arya  should remain a lone wolf.  If Nymeria hadn't been leader of the pack Arya would have been killed. Humans aren't the only danger. It is not safe to travel alone.  

Theon was smart not to sacrifice himself needlessly. Fuck honor. Tara did leave him when she knew the odds were against her.  Granted - Theon was begging to stay with Ramsay. And he has learned from experience that jumping  overboard may be the best option.  I was glad to see that he survived. No guarantee that he would survive in the water with a battle raging all around.  

Smart of Jon to put Sansa in charge. It let his bannermen and Sansa know that despite their public squabbles -He relies and has faith in Sansa.  Also lets Sansa know she doesn't need Little Finger to be incharge.  (Would be nice if he had a meeting with the leadership team beforehand, just saying.)

I noticed last week that Euron's boat wa all tricked out to be a war ship.   There was coverage for the archers to use on deck.  instead of spending time to convert Yara's fleet with Danys colors - more time should have been spent making pirate ships into war ships.

Missanei's and Grey Worm's scene was very nice and then we got punished with Sam healing Jorah's greyscale.  I don't want to see round 2 thank you.  And just because that weak-as shit can make you drunk Sam, doesn't mean that it will have any effect on Jorah. This isn't Grey's Anatomy.  If there is going to be medical work done on HBO's GOT - we will not be spared.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Pogojoco said:

Tyrion's plan wasn't great either- where did they think Euron would go with his fleet if not Blackwater Bay? You have to go past King's Landing to get to Dorne from Dragonstone. They'd notice a fleet passing by. 

No, other way around.  You'd have to pass Dragonstone if leaving King's Landing.

• Love 1

Sam sure seems to be going out of his way to try to get kicked out of the Citadel.  First "borrowing" a book and now performing unauthorized forbidden medical experiments.  

That he would risk his future as a maester to do this for someone he doesn't know seems implausible.  Even if successful at saving Jorah, it will be known that he did what he was forbidden to do.

15 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Yes, Yes, YES to every fucking bit of this episode!!!! So much good happened, it was orgasmic! Now we're talking! OMG, my GoT love knows no bounds. My wish finally came true and it was worth every bit of a six season wait - NYMERIA!!!! I could fill this post with exclamation points and gibberish.

That's all I came here to say--- NYMERIA!!!!!!!

I agree! This ep was everything! All the god damn feels!

• Love 3

Oh I forgot, the scene between Danny and Varys was awesome.

Also, I don't think John will be bending a knee, I can't see it.

Every time someone in the North stands up and shouts that they can't trust a Targaryen, I crack up as they shout that out staring into the eyes of a Targaryen that is now King of the North. Ah, I think John is more Stark than Targaryen , not that, that will matter should they find out. But he does actually have Stark blood courtesy of his mother. But I'm thinking paternal blood is what matters first and foremost for these folks. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, SoothingDave said:

Sam sure seems to be going out of his way to try to get kicked out of the Citadel.  First "borrowing" a book and now performing unauthorized forbidden medical experiments.  

That he would risk his future as a maester to do this for someone he doesn't know seems implausible.  Even if successful at saving Jorah, it will be known that he did what he was forbidden to do.

Do we know if Sam really even wants to be a maester?  He's doing it because he was ordered to by Jon, but Jon is no longer the Commander of the Night's Watch.  Maybe Sam will just be the rebellious student, learning all he can as fast as he can, and then get the hell out.  He's got Gilly and a kid, and Jon is King of the North.  He can just go meet up with Jon and never become a maester; it's not like Jon will punish him for abandoning the Wall and breaking his oath.

• Love 6
(edited)

You know what? Yara fucked up. I thought she was an expert at fighting at sea. That's their thing right? The Greyjoys that is, they aren't really a land power, it's the sea for them right? But yet she's getting her grove on while underestimating her crazy ass uncle. She's on the boat, relaxed,  like she's taking a cruise. She totally forgot about him and never gave a thought to him maybe being out there, somewhere by now.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 6

Regarding the ship building, Euron just had to replace the ones Yara stole, right? So if he left midway through Season 6, that gave him maybe a year (give or take) from that point to where we are now. Obvious lack of materials aside, it's somewhat feasible if you don't put too much logic into thinking about it.

Interesting though how the Iron Born are a lot more bad ass than Jaime gave them credit for. The Sand Snakes are supposed to have crazy fighting skills yet Euron took out two of them fairly easily. I think Dany is in for a much tougher fight than she imagined.

There is something more to Euron than meets the eye. When we first met him on that swaying rope bridge, there was a great storm raging. When his brother mentioned that he heard he lost his mind during a storm, he responded that "I am the storm, brother. The first storm and the last." And what did we see in this episode? A giant storm. When his fleet appears, it is bringing the storm with it. Perhaps that is why he was undetected? Maybe he has some magic that controls the weather and the seas?

• Love 10
(edited)

Wow, so much to unpack in this one.

Re: Sam and Jorah. I loved their scenes together and that Sam is taking the risk to heal him. I think he has to peel the skin off first then apply some potion with the cure. It's probably not done because the risk of infection to the healer is too high. I really wanted Sam to be wearing a mask and was keeping my fingers crossed that no pus hit him in the face. I think he went with rum instead of milk of the poppy because MOP puts people to sleep and he needed Jorah awake and sitting up to make it easier.

Re: Euron's attack. Where the hell did he come from? I think there was a look of bewilderment on Yara's face that kind of matched my own. Hope they explain how he was able to magically teleport his fleet into the middle of Yara's fleet without anyone noticing. Not sure how to read Theon's jumping ship. Could go either way, but he better save Yara cuz due owes her.

Re: Jon and Sansa. I loved seeing the three of them (Jon, Sansa and Davos) discussing privately among the three of them the raven from Tyrion. I thought they were on the right communication track but then he goes and tells all his bannermen he's leaving w/o discussing with Sansa ahead of time. Dick move, Jon. I do like that he put her in charge of the north. That really seemed to shut her up, was I imagining it or was that an "oh shit" look on her face when he said that? It's one thing to tell someone how to lead, it's quite another to be the leader.

I thought, at first, he'd be better off sending Sansa as an emissary, but I don't think he's the kind of guy who would risk her life and safety in that way. If anything, I think it's more dangerous for her since Cersei has it out for her.

I think LF will definitely try to manipulate her. I hope she just shuts him down repeatedly, but I can see her going along thinking she's manipulating/playing him and being totally out of her depth.

Re: Tyrion's plan. I think it was a good plan. I suspect the desired outcome of the siege was not Cersei stepping down, but KL revolting and throwing her out. The people hate her and if they see turning on her as a safe option to end their suffering they'd likely do it.

Random thoughts:

Loved seeing Hot Pie and Nymeria again! Although, now I think he's going to die.

Yeah, when Hotpie said something like he's unkillable I thought "don't say that, you idiot, you'll be the next to go!"

I really hope they are more creative than hooking Jon and Danaerys up romantically. It's just so boring.

Not to mention incesty since (if the hints are correct) he's her nephew. Incest is okay for Lannisters but I hope Targaryns have better taste.

Edited by Absurda
  • Love 2