Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I get an opportunistic vibe from Marjorie. And I'm unsure how Gothard her family is, because she does wear pants. Even if they start courting again, I wouldn't be surprised at another break-up. If Marjorie's family is more mainstream they may look at courting as normal dating, and when young kids date it's rare when it leads to marriage.

I don't think Marjorie is cruel and is pretending to crush on Josiah, but I wouldn't be surprised if her family is like - sure go ahead and be in a courtship with him, but if it doesn't lead to marriage that's okay. They won't even be holding hands or kissing. So she can hang with her crush and get exposure for all her creative endeavors - a win-win for her.

I agree 200%. Also have to add that Marjorie seems like the type of girl Gothard would detest and never pick as a Special Footsie Snowflake. Marjorie is way too confident, intelligent, driven and just flat out loud. Gothard wants women to be submissive, meet little simpering mice who just smile and breed like, well, mice. Not that I think Marjorie would steamroll any man alive, I think she would steamroll over someone passive and quiet, like JD, but she's far more balanced with an extrovert like Josiah.

My mind was wandering when I was making dinner, and I thought of a way that Si and Marj courting was mutually beneficial to the families.

IF Si were gay, slapping him into a courtship props up his supposed heterosexuality. JB probably wanted a marriage on Si ASAP to avoid any potential scandals.

Meanwhile, Marj is am extrovert, looking for fame, and from a fundie family, so she fits JB's standards. And for her family, tying her to the Dugs means she won't wander off the fundie reservation to become famous. So they tie down their potentially wild child and still give her the chance at fame she wants.

Then the whole thing fizzled with the Josh scandal, but with the new show it makes sense that the benefits for the Marj side are back in play.

That's my cynical theory.

I agree 300%. Remember in Michelle's eyes, adults who are homosexual and consenting are the exact same thing as people who molest their underage, unconsenting siblings. So yeah, if there's a whiff of non hetero vibes, or too curious hetero vibes, Josiah must be married off ASAP or he will have no choice but to be lead by Satan to do something drastic like Josh. Because if a person can't restrain their sexual aggression as a single person, the best thing to do is force them upon a spouse who has to be 100% joyfully available for life.

I forgot to add, when the producer asked JD to name something about Jana that people wouldn't know, he said that she delivered a calf. This was complete with arm movements making it clear what she had to do. JD accompanied the gesture by saying that all her midwifery training helped. He forgets she never delivered a baby; she was strictly training as a doula, and only doing that to be Muffy's accountability partner.

eta: Boob also delivered a calf the same way..on camera. Jana probably learned by watching him. He has tons of experience with cavernous hoo-has.

At least JD had a clue who Jana is and delivering a calf is far more interesting that saying she can change a diaper and organize breakfast. JD is dull as dirt, not saying that sort of restraint and mellowness is a bad thing in this family, so he was trying to pay her a compliment. I doubt if he cares what they midwifery stuff involves, so doula, midwife, whatever, it's all wimmin's work, but yeah, Jana is good at it.

• Love 4

My mind was wandering when I was making dinner, and I thought of a way that Si and Marj courting was mutually beneficial to the families.

IF Si were gay, slapping him into a courtship props up his supposed heterosexuality. JB probably wanted a marriage on Si ASAP to avoid any potential scandals.

Meanwhile, Marj is am extrovert, looking for fame, and from a fundie family, so she fits JB's standards. And for her family, tying her to the Dugs means she won't wander off the fundie reservation to become famous. So they tie down their potentially wild child and still give her the chance at fame she wants.

Then the whole thing fizzled with the Josh scandal, but with the new show it makes sense that the benefits for the Marj side are back in play.

That's my cynical theory.

Yes cus marrying to decrease the fabulousness worked so well for the fab David Waller and poor Pris.

He always looks three seconds away from smashing her head in with the closest blunt object.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 7

The Sneak Peek for next week's episode reveals Jana the Electrician. And in case you were wondering, yes, she became an expert by WATCHING at other people doing it! (They ADMITTED it!)

I'm not fooled... I just saw that sneak peek and it's just an excuse for Jessa's house to get those TLC "show lights" in her house for filming... I bet they took them out when Josh and Anna moved so now they have to put them back .... 

Edited by Barbie
  • Love 4

TFDW wears an apron. I think they are trying to convey that they aren't locked in traditional roles. No one at TTH knows how to cook and they  require volunteers for laundry and tutoring, but sounds like both sexes are able to restore vehicles and houses. 

• Love 2

I think women can work outside the home as long as it is under their headship.  So as long as they are working on JB's properties and wear their denim skirts they can become master electricians!  By observing of course!

• Love 9

I think women can work outside the home as long as it is under their headship.  So as long as they are working on JB's properties and wear their denim skirts they can become master electricians!  By observing of course!

Aren't you glad to know you don't have to, I dunno, read a book?  Or practice actual physical connections?  I have my doubts I could fish around in the ceiling for wires to have an overhead lamp no matter how many people I watched, lol.

• Love 5

Jana Duggar does work outside the home. She works at Jessa`s home. She worked at Jill`s old home And Anna's old home. He'll they probably lend her out to friends and neighbors.

Danger, Will Robinson, danger!

• Love 2

So, according to the Sneak Peek for next week, Jinger is on the auction block (and attends an auction, lol). Where did she come up with $3400 to buy a car? Maybe the over 18s are actually paid after all? 

And who sends a 17 year old girl to a class for car detailing? Not to mention, Jinger is going to have Justin do the mechanicals on the car before she flips it. I am not sure I'd like to know that my car was worked on by a 13 year old before I bought it. Yikes! 

• Love 10

The jobs they do, and the ages at which they do them, creeps me out.  

Reminds me of an old commercial where they showed a goofy kid with a piece of hay hanging out of his mouth, saying "hey boss, how about letting me handle that, I've never done a trans misssss--shun before".    Must of been an ad for Aamco or something.  Oh yeah, I'd be heading for the hills with my car.

Too many jobs, too many kids, and I would avoid them like the plague.  That would seem to be increasingly difficult in Tonitown so I guess I'll take that area off my list of desirable places to move.

• Love 1

So, according to the Sneak Peek for next week, Jinger is on the auction block (and attends an auction, lol). Where did she come up with $3400 to buy a car? Maybe the over 18s are actually paid after all? 

And who sends a 17 year old girl to a class for car detailing? Not to mention, Jinger is going to have Justin do the mechanicals on the car before she flips it. I am not sure I'd like to know that my car was worked on by a 13 year old before I bought it. Yikes! 

Oh!  So in other words this is a brand new job of Jinger's, created for this season of the show to have a storyline!

OK then, it all makes so much more sense...

• Love 11

Is there any real market for flipping cars? Flipping property I can see but cars from some random seller from a non certified mechanic?

I'm not sure but I'm going to guess that the Duggar car lot is stocked with a lot of auction cars. Many used car lots do that, even taking slow sellers back and reauctioning them.

Many auctioned cars are used cars that dealers take as trade ins. You usually have to be a dealer of some kind to participate.

That said, buy a Duggared car? No way!

• Love 4

I just noticed that my Sneak Peek post didn't indicate that it's JOY who apparently went to some school to learn how to detail cars. WTF???

And yes, this is a contrived TLC plot; how convenient that it's the first time that Jinger has bought a car "on her own" (accompanied by JD and some howlers). JD pretty much tells her which car to buy.

But yeah, if you read the People article, she's a pro at buying, selling, and detailing.

• Love 6

I'm not sure but I'm going to guess that the Duggar car lot is stocked with a lot of auction cars. Many used car lots do that, even taking slow sellers back and reauctioning them.

Many auctioned cars are used cars that dealers take as trade ins. You usually have to be a dealer of some kind to participate.

That said, buy a Duggared car? No way!

Very true. Car auctions aren't like other auctions where you can just show up and join in. A licensed car dealer has to be approved, with a credit check and such to buy cars there. I assume the Duggars have kept there used car license current. There are all kinds of fees when buying and selling a car at auction too. There are also many different shady ways to sell a car at auction to make a car appear a great buy when it actually isn't. I'm not sure of Arkansas lemon laws, but an unskilled buyer is likely to make some expensive mistakes. But if she is buying cars in the $3000.00 range, I'm assuming the lemon laws are lenient in Arkansas. Because if she were to sell that car for say a $500.00 to $1000.00 profit, that could quickly be eaten up if a customer returns for repairs that the dealer is required to pay for.

ETA: Most cars these days have some type of computer programming, from very basic to very complicated. A specialized computer is needed for most cars to even diagnose what is wrong with it too. An unskilled mechanic is only going to be able to do the most basic car repairs, such as brakes, oil changes and tires.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2

Snipped...

ETA: Most cars these days have some type of computer programming, from very basic to very complicated. A specialized computer is needed for most cars to even diagnose what is wrong with it too. An unskilled mechanic is only going to be able to do the most basic car repairs, such as brakes, oil changes and tires.

Except that any shade tree mechanic can now buy those diagnostic device thingies at Advanced Auto et al.

No experience necessary. Throw in a Chiltons or Haynes guide and they're off and running.

Maybe not running well...

• Love 3

Yes cus marrying to decrease the fabulousness worked so well for the fab David Waller and poor Pris.

He always looks three seconds away from smashing her head in with the closest blunt object.

The Fab DW reminds me so much of Big Love's Albie Grant. 

• Love 3

I just noticed that my Sneak Peek post didn't indicate that it's JOY who apparently went to some school to learn how to detail cars. WTF???

Joy, Jinger... Some non-adult J-girl or other. Who knows, who cares?       TM JB and M

• Love 4

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.duggarfamily.com%2Findex.cfm%3Fp%3Dwatch-this-first-look-for-next-week-s-counting-on&h=oAQHE-xQ5&enc=AZOmFNLL3aU36ZS6aP3ipgCN1x-3xz9vnq5ijkdU8frmO0oYsr0TQcpJH1aNUxr4Q48&s=1

Oh god! I watched this video clip of the next episode. I now feel like I have watched ALL of the show. I'm sure there is not much else. Again, it plays like a Christian Mingle ad for getting Jinger married off! They make a big deal of her buying a used car at auction; yes, WITH a whole lot of brothers!

• Love 1

Very true. Car auctions aren't like other auctions where you can just show up and join in. A licensed car dealer has to be approved, with a credit check and such to buy cars there. I assume the Duggars have kept there used car license current. There are all kinds of fees when buying and selling a car at auction too. There are also many different shady ways to sell a car at auction to make a car appear a great buy when it actually isn't. I'm not sure of Arkansas lemon laws, but an unskilled buyer is likely to make some expensive mistakes. But if she is buying cars in the $3000.00 range, I'm assuming the lemon laws are lenient in Arkansas. Because if she were to sell that car for say a $500.00 to $1000.00 profit, that could quickly be eaten up if a customer returns for repairs that the dealer is required to pay for.

I don't know about that. I live in the Midwest in a huge metropolis and we have several local car auctions where everyday people (not car dealers) can bid on and purchase cars. As long as you have the cash on hand and you win the bid, it's yours. Maybe it varies from state to state, though?

• Love 1

Boob is still in the car business. He buys vehicles at auction. I learned this from a post last year on a Duggar or fan page somewhere. Can't recall the details. Whatever Jinger is doing I am sure it is all part of JB's business.

• Love 4

I don't know about that. I live in the Midwest in a huge metropolis and we have several local car auctions where everyday people (not car dealers) can bid on and purchase cars. As long as you have the cash on hand and you win the bid, it's yours. Maybe it varies from state to state, though?

I guess it varies by area. In New England and New York you have to be a licensed dealer and need to register at the auctions.

• Love 1

Boob is still in the car business. He buys vehicles at auction. I learned this from a post last year on a Duggar or fan page somewhere. Can't recall the details. Whatever Jinger is doing I am sure it is all part of JB's business.

I seem to recall JB and some of the boys -- the twins, maybe?-- going to Orlando last year to buy some cheap cars -- maybe vans? -- to bring back to Arkansas.

• Love 1

And yes, this is a contrived TLC plot; how convenient that it's the first time that Jinger has bought a car "on her own" (accompanied by JD and some howlers). JD pretty much tells her which car to buy.

But yeah, if you read the People article, she's a pro at buying, selling, and detailing.

Meanwhile, we're just expected to ignore the fact that Jinger's desire was to live in a large city and be a photographer. Instead, Big Daddy Jim Bob just wedges her into his schlocky car business, one more pair of hands to keep HIS interests afloat. What a selfish pig.
  • Love 8

The Sneak Peek mentioned her love of big cities, but didn't elaborate. Of course they didn't; she's going to be stuck in Tontitown or its surrounding towns, of which only Fayetteville counts as a real city, for the rest of her life as her future husband us absorbed into Duggar, Inc.

• Love 4

This whole charade is a poorly veiled attempt to rebrand the family and deflect attention away from their misogynistic beliefs. When have we ever seen Jana and Jinger get this much attention prior to Joshley Madison scandals 1 and 2?

Flipping cars and doing electrical work are the sorts of jobs most people typically associate with men. The Duggars are trying to swing the pendulum in the opposite direction by pretending their adult daughters are allowed to pursue professions and earn their own money. The fans eat it right up, the smart people (i.e., everyone on this forum) know it's a complete load of horseshit.

• Love 13

This whole charade is a poorly veiled attempt to rebrand the family and deflect attention away from their misogynistic beliefs. When have we ever seen Jana and Jinger get this much attention prior to Joshley Madison scandals 1 and 2?

Flipping cars and doing electrical work are the sorts of jobs most people typically associate with men. The Duggars are trying to swing the pendulum in the opposite direction by pretending their adult daughters are allowed to pursue professions and earn their own money. The fans eat it right up, the smart people (i.e., everyone on this forum) know it's a complete load of horseshit.

And this will all back fire. They can't really have a show about the non-existent lives of Jessa & Jill. And they can't film the Littles at the TTH. And what man who calls himself a headship is going to want a helpmeet with no domestic abilities? So I guess they're willing to sacrifice any hope of Jana, Jinger and Joy of finding a future husband for the sake of the show.

Jessa and JB win again.

• Love 4

The sneak peek said that Jinger was left handed. I'm surprised they didn't try to drill that out of her seeing as how superstitious people used to believe lefties were the sign of the devil.

Also God bless JD and his droll sense of humor. "Out of all 19 of us, Jinger's spent the most time in prison." I'm sorry that kid makes me laugh. It's so obvious, at least to me, that he'd rather be anywhere else but on camera.

• Love 7

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/797474123719572/?type=3&source=54

Off to the car auction? Poor Joy cannot drive anywhere without her accountability partner! It reminds me of women in Saudi Arabia. Not that I have been there!

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/797474123719572/?type=3&source=54

Have you ever noticed how many photos the Duggars' take in their cars? I cannot recall ever doing that, myself.

The sneak peek said that Jinger was left handed. I'm surprised they didn't try to drill that out of her seeing as how superstitious people used to believe lefties were the sign of the devil.Also God bless JD and his droll sense of humor. "Out of all 19 of us, Jinger's spent the most time in prison." I'm sorry that kid makes me laugh. It's so obvious, at least to me, that he'd rather be anywhere else but on camera.

I noticed Jinger was left handed when she wrote something in a previous episode. I agree with you about about wondering why they didn't drill it out of her.

• Love 2

I noticed Jinger was left handed when she wrote something in a previous episode. I agree with you about about wondering why they didn't drill it out of her.

That would have taken extra effort from Michelle. Question answered?

• Love 7

That would have taken extra effort from Michelle. Question answered?

How true !! Is there a section in the Gothard manual or the Pearl's book about training the left-handedness out of a child? If it exists, I'm sure it involves whacking the left hand with a stick numerous times.

Edited by Barb23

How true !! Is there a section in the Gothard manual or the Pearl's book about training the left-handedness out of a child? If it exists, I'm sure it involves whacking the left hand with a stick numerous times.

yep. Have that essential learning tool aka ruler available.

I don't know if the Gothardites believe that left handedness equals wickedness, but I know a lot of religious/superstitious people did at one time.  My uncle is left handed and they tried to train him to use the right when he was a kid.

I guess it varies by area. In New England and New York you have to be a licensed dealer and need to register at the auctions.

Pretty much.  It also depends on what kind of auction, if it's government surplus, seized property, retail, wholesale, etc. etc. etc.

I don't know if the Gothardites believe that left handedness equals wickedness, but I know a lot of religious/superstitious people did at one time.  My uncle is left handed and they tried to train him to use the right when he was a kid.

I know the nuns tried with my mother, more for their own convenience in teaching and reading her handwriting than out of any sense of the sinister.  It's kind of fell by the wayside now though.  

Have you ever noticed how many photos the Duggars' take in their cars? I cannot recall ever doing that, myself.

Well, yes for one thing I don't want anyone seeing the inside of my car right now.  (Wheel wells knee deep in detritus, snow broom and ice scraper across the back seat, wires and chargers everywhere ...)  For another, it's probably the closest they can get to a tiny slice of privacy and/or separation from the vast horde of Duggarlettes.

Too true, but surely even the most passionate of leghumpers would notice after a while that adult women rapidly approaching 30 are still sleeping in a dorm with a bunch of little girls in their mommy and daddy's house because they don't have the education and life skills to survive for a week outside of TTH. I don't care how manly the tasks they have to do for that one episode are, once again they are just throwing a neon-pink blanket over the elephant in the room.

Since these forums are clearly browsed, let me throw this out there--how about a fun "jurisdiction" switch where Jessa has to pull down an eight hour shift at Starbucks? Like a lot of young moms have to do? Think of how cute that would be. Like her beautiful silken hair could get all caught in the milk foamer while she giggles and giggles and hands out tracts. Teeheehee.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 10

I have a lot of Fund friends. I am stunned at how they don't notice that these "girls" are grown women and need to be out, educated, married, working or whatever.

I say it to them. I say "these children are almost as old you are. Don't you think it's a little weird they are living like a 15 year old?"

Blank stare.

• Love 10

I have a lot of Fund friends. I am stunned at how they don't notice that these "girls" are grown women and need to be out, educated, married, working or whatever.

I say it to them. I say "these children are almost as old you are. Don't you think it's a little weird they are living like a 15 year old?"

Blank stare.

You should ask them what their stance on child molestation is!

• Love 2

You should ask them what their stance on child molestation is!

Everyone that I chat with thinks Josh is disgusting and doesn't want to see him on the show or around children. No love for Josh. Never heard one person defend him in real life and I really do have many Fund friends/acquaintances that I see regularly. They are also not so preachy and judgey or I wouldn't be friendly with them! I'm also in the NYC are so you're gonna get a more laid back view just because of our culture here. No one think Michelle and Jim Bob handled this correctly... Not much love for Jim Bob, Michelle or Josh. Sympathy for Anna. People enjoy "the kids" which I have pointed out BLUNTLY that they are not children! hello? I think people really do forget how freaking old these "kids" are.

• Love 2

Jinger was being cagey when asked by the producers if she is courting. Jinger said, "I don't want to talk about it!"  Hmm who would she be courted by was my next question. Sounds like they are hiding something from us and damn it we want to know if JINGER will finally be FREE!!!!! lol

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2

Jinger was being cagey when asked by the producers if she is courting. Jinger said, "I don't want to talk about it!" Hmm who would she be courted by was my next question. Sounds like they are hiding something from us and damn it we want to know if JINGER will finally be FREE!!!!! lol

I know what you are saying but it's just so sad that our only hope for these girls to be 'free' is for them to be hooked to some guy instead of their dad. So I'd be happy to hear that she's getting out of the TTH but I'd rather she was just place escaping.

• Love 6