Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

That dress is lovely and completely against anything I would have imagined a Duggar bride would wear. Where is the modesty panel? I see bare shoulders!

And a bare back!!! NIKE!!!! 

15 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jinger and Joy put the People photo on their IG stories.

So far, nothing from Jill. She's the only one I'm watching.

• Like 13

In the people article she says they have a little house that they bought together and have been fixing up so I think the engagement date was just a formality.

She also says he just kept coming back, being there for her through good & bad times till she finally realized it was meant to be (paraphrased).

Regarding the sisters who weren’t in the wedding party, maybe she asked and they refused?

Abbie looked gorgeous.

• Like 9

I believe Jill was originally due to have her baby in August, so they may have taken that into consideration if they were planning a summer wedding last spring. There are a lot of Duggar girls, so it's not surprising that some are left out.

• Like 11
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

This reminds of this flashback YT video of Jana:

I'm strangely happy that she found someone that she knew she wanted to be with.. and it wasn't the first one to ask.

I hope she is happy. It looks like the nicest Duggar wedding we've seen so far. No ice cream sundaes in a parking lot. 

I would love to know who asked and was turned down. Not to make of them, but I'm curious as to what type was attracted to her. A hungry for fame type, a widower with kids, someone even the Duggars would consider weird? I'm just curious. 

• Like 8
(edited)

"One of Jana's brother-in-laws served as emcee"

Good god, People magazine. It's as if their editors attended the School of the Dining Room Table. 

Edited by Quof
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12

I can’t decide what surprises me most.

The lack of engagement announcements and the general attempt to keep this private until they officially released the pictures. Did Jim Bob even push for his most recognizable daughter to do something to monetize the wedding? Or has he given up on that post-Josh? 

The somewhat revealing gown. (It’s perfectly modest by mainstream standards, but far away from Duggar standards.)

The People article describing them as having dated and then broken it off. No hair tearing about potential giving away of pieces of the heart?

The raw interview where she essentially admits to having been unhappy and having had a hard time watching her siblings pass her by. Not to mention alluding to her family coming with a lot of challenges and thinking he must love her to put up with that. 

Jessa of all the sisters as maid of honor. Maybe she returned the jewelry box as a bridal gift. I would have guessed that Jana would choose Joy if she had to have a sister, and Abbie if she was allowed to expand to her sisters-in-law. 

Leaving out the sister-in-law who is also her husband’s sister is certainly interesting. 

No Jill in the wedding party. If it was a deliberate snub, I do get it. It’s been less than a year since Jill‘s memoir, which really danced on the line of getting into Jana‘s personal business when it commented on the danger of Jana having been one of the chief church abuser’s particular favorites. But for a long time, they were paired off as the responsible older sisters while Jessa and Jinger were the BFF slacker older sisters.  Even if they were never super close except by circumstance, I’m actually kind of sad for them if the rift is that deep. 

• Like 16
(edited)

Jana's dress - wow. Never in a million years would I expect to see a Duggar daughter in that. And her sister's bridesmaid dresses weren't all that modest either, except for Jessa's sack. 

Was Jinger hiding a possible baby bump?

I'm guessing she picked Jessa to be MOH because she is the oldest sister (besides Jill). I think Jana is very conscious of all the talk about her hanging with the Lost Girls.

What happened to her live-in BFF?

And the Wissman family cooked for 500. Crazy.

And... no mention of her parents on the invite.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 9

Jessa and Jana might be closer now as adults. There were a number of SM posts where Jana was helping Jessa with her remodeling, going to Home Depot etc

• Like 6

Beautiful dress! I'm not normally a  fan of that neckline but I'm a sucker for a low back. And as always with fundie brides, I wish she'd worn her hair up.

Not surprised that Jill wasn't MOH or in the wedding party at all. Even setting aside the money-feud with JB and the subsequent memoir, I never got the sense that Jill and Jana were actually close, they were just thrown together as the two oldest girls. Jill was always close to the siblings she raised but not the ones that were her peers.

I wouldn't have guessed Jessa as the MOH, but I'm not really surprised either. Based on glimpses of their interactions on the show and social media, they seemed to get along well. And Jessa and Jana were the ones consistently described as very strong-willed children...as a former strong-willed child with 2 sisters and a lot of cousins, fighting like cats and dogs as children and becoming really close as adults makes complete sense me.

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Jessa and Jana might be closer now as adults. There were a number of SM posts where Jana was helping Jessa with her remodeling, going to Home Depot etc

I'm sure Jessa was thrilled at Jana's pulling off the ultimate sly FU to the ebil world by keeping all the wedding plans out of public view. We know how Jessa admires slyness. 

OTOH, I have the idea that unlike Jessa, Jana didn't much enjoy being on camera or getting so much attention from the public during the run of their TV shows. Jessa visibly preened during her THs (the ones I watched, anyway), while Jana came across as much more inhibited, someone who'd rather be doing anything else than sitting down being recorded for teevee. Jana IMO has more of a deep desire for privacy, vs. Jessa's passive-agressive relationship with her Z list celebrity status. Jessa wants to be famous and admired, but is so thin-skinned she needs to control the narrative because she can't handle pushback/criticism, and so delights in vagueposting, misdirection, etc. 

Yeah, I dislike what I've seen of Jessa. To me, Jana's an unknown quantity, someone who's kept herself under the radar despite her fame as a Duggar. She could be a real jerk IRL (or not), but I give her props for handling her public presence - and lack thereof - in a way she apparently wants to. 

• Like 21

I'm so happy for Jana. One because she waited and did her own way. I have absolutely no doubt and have always maintained that JB received plenty of "offers" for Jana. She's always been the most responsible (big factor for these fundie men) and, in my opinion one of the prettiest of the sisters. I think despite the many faults of JB, he does love his kids. I believe he let her make her own choices about turning down men. 

The article has some great insight into who she is as a person. I don't think their worldview much aligns with the Duggars, so that will be very interesting (if they continue as Mennonites, I know many, and they are not Duggars) to watch in practice. 

Also, Stephen is extremely nice-looking, successful, and from a prime fundie family. The fact that he kept coming back for her and didn't give up says a lot about their connection. The fundie moms were probably tossing their daughters at his feet (literally). 

• Like 13
4 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I'm so happy for Jana. One because she waited and did her own way. I have absolutely no doubt and have always maintained that JB received plenty of "offers" for Jana. She's always been the most responsible (big factor for these fundie men) and, in my opinion one of the prettiest of the sisters. I think despite the many faults of JB, he does love his kids. I believe he let her make her own choices about turning down men. 

The article has some great insight into who she is as a person. I don't think their worldview much aligns with the Duggars, so that will be very interesting (if they continue as Mennonites, I know many, and they are not Duggars) to watch in practice. 

Also, Stephen is extremely nice-looking, successful, and from a prime fundie family. The fact that he kept coming back for her and didn't give up says a lot about their connection. The fundie moms were probably tossing their daughters at his feet (literally). 

I don't think she waited on purpose but she certainly didn't up and marry the first guy to show any interest in her. I think she wanted to be sure about the person because for her,  marriage is for life. Maybe seeing the mess of Anna and Josh gave her point to reflect on this. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Quof said:

Good god, People magazine. It's as if their editors attended the School of the Dining Room Table. 

That mistake stood out to me like a cockroach on a wedding cake!  It's so common, and I hate it.  

• Like 13

Jed's wife could have done so much better than to marry that creep, IMO.  He's always struck me as Josh Jr, attitude-wise.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She put it in her stories about an hour ago.

Was she at least there?  I hope she was (Jill.)

• Like 11
8 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

Jed's wife could have done so much better than to marry that creep, IMO.  He's always struck me as Josh Jr, attitude-wise.

Was she at least there?  I hope she was (Jill.)

Her dress was lovely though. Wow, the clothing restrictions have changed. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And her sister's dresses weren't all that modest either, except for Jessa's sack. 

Did you maybe mean Anna's sack?  Jessa had the pink/blush princess ball gown.  I actually liked that one and it showed more skin than any of the other dresses up to that point.

• Like 10
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Did you maybe mean Anna's sack?  Jessa had the pink/blush princess ball gown.  I actually liked that one and it showed more skin than any of the other dresses up to that point.

I did think her dress was quite pretty and I loved the color. 

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I was referring to Jessa as a bridesmaid. 

image.thumb.png.2f4dd0f7d76edd526f624aa93fbef829.png

I fixed my original post to be more clear.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was referring to Jessa as a bridesmaid. 

image.thumb.png.2f4dd0f7d76edd526f624aa93fbef829.png

I fixed my original post to be more clear.

Jessa needs a better bra. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, Quof said:

Did you notice the apostrophe abuse, too? The magazine's editors should be ashamed of themselves. 

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Did you notice the apostrophe abuse, too?

The apostrophe with Jana's name is appropriate.   The plural of "brother-in-law" is NOT "brother-in-laws".  

• Like 6
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

Not a fan of Jessa but she may still be nursing and having a harder time bouncing back after baby number 5. A shiny satin dress is not forgiving at all.

Good point. I avoid satin at all costs. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Quof said:

The apostrophe with Jana's name is appropriate.   The plural of "brother-in-law" is NOT "brother-in-laws".  

I'm not talking about that apostrophe. I'm talking about the article's multiple uses of "the Wissmann's." You don't need to correct me about the proper usage of "brothers-in-law." 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
31 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Did you notice the apostrophe abuse, too? The magazine's editors should be ashamed of themselves. 

Yes, it’s horrendous. They should be ashamed. But if I’m going to look at pictures, I’d prefer to click on their links, because I will never give clicks  to their monetized SM accounts. 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I know they all resemble each other, but Jed! looks like every single one of his brothers mashed together into one. 

And then bloated. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
17 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I know they all resemble each other, but Jed! looks like every single one of his brothers mashed together into one. 

It’s very unfortunate 😆

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Her dress was lovely though. Wow, the clothing restrictions have changed. 

When you aren't pushing an agenda anymore because no one listens, you stop caring.   I think JB and Michelle are too worn out to care anymore so the kids are just adapting to living in the real world instead of Duggar World.   

Nothing was IMMODEST or tacky looking in the least.   Just incredibly normal wedding attire.   For anyone who wasn't wearing prairie dresses only about a decade ago.

• Like 15

I just looked at the People article, I didn’t see anyone mention this.

Part of that "something else" included going to college. Last year Jana enrolled in nursing school.

"That's been another interest of mine. And I was like, 'You know what? Maybe this is more of the calling that I would be doing, and let me just pour myself into something,' she adds.

• Like 5
  • Useful 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Not a fan of Jessa but she may still be nursing and having a harder time bouncing back after baby number 5. A shiny satin dress is not forgiving at all.

She's also putting her arm up which lifts the dress up too. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Katie looks great for a mom of two little ones and pregnant with twins. 

Maybe Jessa should have picked a style more like that. And Jessa just did a reel in biker shorts and tank a week or two ago. So unless she's pregnant again since then, she looked pretty good in her exercise gear.

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Part of that "something else" included going to college. Last year Jana enrolled in nursing school.

"That's been another interest of mine. And I was like, 'You know what? Maybe this is more of the calling that I would be doing, and let me just pour myself into something,' she adds.

Yikes, that sounds like something Jill Rodrigues would say! 🤣

• LOL 4
36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I read the People article twice and I don't remember this seeing this.  Maybe it was edited out or something?

• Like 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I don't believe for a second she has the science or math prerequisites to be admitted to a real college's nursing program. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
41 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I read the People article twice and I don't remember this seeing this.  Maybe it was edited out or something?

It’s not from the wedding announcement article. This is the title:

IMG_7597.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Could someone identify the bridesmaids in the picture where everyone is standing in front of the car and cheering. I know who is supposed to be there but who is who? Obviously, I know Abbie but for the rest all I see is long brown hair. I guess I haven't paid attention in a few years. Also were any of Jana's brothers groomsmen? Thanks

Edited by js9548
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

It wasn't in last night's article. Either the article was edited or it's (essentially) a whole new article. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
53 minutes ago, js9548 said:

Could someone identify the bridesmaids in the picture where everyone is standing in front of the car and cheering. I know who is supposed to be there but who is who? Obviously, I know Abbie but for the rest all I see is long brown hair. I guess I haven't paid attention in a few years. Also were any of Jana's brothers groomsmen? Thanks

I believe left to right it is: Abbie, Joy, Jennifer, Jordyn, Jinger and Jessa.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Quof said:

I don't believe for a second she has the science or math prerequisites to be admitted to a real college's nursing program. 

One of the Bates girls is a nurse. I'm not sure what college. She doesn't seem to be working as a nurse. She's married and tried to have children but doesn't have any.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1