Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It is also upsetting that Boob thought that Marjorie was “too worldly and too ambitious “ for his taste.  Translation: Marjorie would give the other Duggar kids ideation about college.  We can’t have that. Boob is determined that his own spawn will not show him up in intelligence.  Ambition translates to rebellion in Boob’s mind.  Not sure which set of parents  put the kibosh on the courtship, but I’m sure it was Marjorie’s dad.  He probably knew he’d made the right decision after Boob said those things.

He let Jill marry a college graduate, and Jinger marry Jeremy. In the case of Dwerp Boy, a dead plant covered by snow and ice is more intelligent, but we can discuss the point at a later date.

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

He let Jill marry a college graduate, and Jinger marry Jeremy. In the case of Dwerp Boy, a dead plant covered by snow and ice is more intelligent, but we can discuss the point at a later date.

A girl college graduate spouse < boy college graduate spouse, because the girl will probably want to work for a living Outside the Home.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

He let Jill marry a college graduate, and Jinger marry Jeremy. 

But Jill is a girl.  They were supposed to be marrying men who could support them.  Jill, Jinger, and Joy all married men who at least have some potential (Austin's house flipping) to support a wife and family. Plus I think there's a double standard in terms of it's okay for the man to be more worldly, but the woman has to be very sheltered young girl.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It is also upsetting that Boob thought that Marjorie was “too worldly and too ambitious “ for his taste.  

Did he actually say that? Wouldn't that be a HUGE insult in their world?

Maybe Derick can get by with insulting a transgender teenage girl, but I can't believe that JB could get away with insulting a teenage girl in his own community.

52 minutes ago, Temperance said:

But Jill is a girl.  They were supposed to be marrying men who could support them.  Jill, Jinger, and Joy all married men who at least have some potential (Austin's house flipping) to support a wife and family. Plus I think there's a double standard in terms of it's okay for the man to be more worldly, but the woman has to be very sheltered young girl.

Obviously Dwerp Boy must have miss that part of the memo.

Josiah’s failed courtship was definitely an afterthought at the time. Marjorie got to quietly slink away into the bushes and Josiah didn’t have to have his breakup broadcast on 19K&C for viewers to further speculate and ridicule. We were going to talk and speculate anyway, but I’m glad it’s not documented for them. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Does the look on Michelle's face in the above picture scare anyone else.

It's the crazed eyes, although I have to admit Michelle looks really nice in that color. It's refreshing to see her in something that isn't orange or lime green.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah, that won't increase the odds of cheating or divorce AT ALL. A blanket training marriage for a light-in-the-loafers son. I wonder if thy'll re-film the 'Josh gives Josiah marriage advice' webisode. "Remember, bro, use a burner debit card and cell phone."

This is totally superficial - but Laruen's face looks a morph job of Amy and Jessa, with Anna's nose. It's like they cant help but marry people who will churn out similar looking kids.

And with the same hideous hair! Enough already.

52 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

As did Bin.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

So true again. The difference is that Josiah picked Marjorie out of free choice. It's hard to forget your first love.

Marjorie part 2 is just a substitute.

If they weren't a TeeVee family with money rolling in, I think it's quite likely that Josiah would have split after the Marjorie debacle. 

It's perfectly possible to leave without anybody else to run to. But less possible when your family is riding a gravy train of money and fame. Then it feels as if you have too much to lose, I suppose. Tragically, it isn't true. They really have very little to lose and everything to gain by cutting the cord with their horrible parents. 

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Well, he could. He just doesn't. 

Of course, part of that's the Duggs' fault. Jill (heavily influenced by her family upbringing) didn't want him to support her in the normal way -- you know, going out to the workplace from 8 to 5:30. The Duggs have been raised to believe that you should be able to support your family while lolling around the house all day. Somehow, Jer seems to be actually managing this. But I still wonder what will happen to that situation, too, when the TLC money stops. I think Der, Bin, and Jer will have to ramp up their money-making activities big time when that happens. JB's going to have too many of his own adult sons on his payroll to be forking over money to the daughters' households as well. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Another Duggar couple: Sigh ... and Lauren

Another Courtship: Si...

Another Courtship: Luren Trouble, Si.

I'd love to ask her what it's like marrying someone who gave away a piece of his heart. I'm sure none of the Duggar kids will connect enough neurons to - or are wise enough to to ask their parents. It's like his heart has an STD or something.

• Love 7

Actually, if this thread is for the single kidults, then it should be renamed The Lonely Js Club: Jana, JD, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, and Jason.

Once Jason turns 18, of course. 

Josiah would then get his own thread. The couple is nicknamed SiRen elsewhere, so I like the idea of incorporating that somehow into his thread.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Actually, if this thread is for the single kidults, then it should be renamed The Lonely Js Club: Jana, JD, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, and Jason.

Once Jason turns 18, of course. 

Josiah would then get his own thread. The couple is nicknamed SiRen elsewhere, so I like the idea of incorporating that somehow into his thread.

SiRen is clever, but makes them sound either irresistibly alluring, or otherwise likely to grab one's attention. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, LilJen said:

Nobody is going to comment on Josie's signature? I guess the 'she's learning disabled/her education has been utterly ignored' spiel has been beaten to death, though.

She's Meeechelle's forever baby  and babies need no writing skills . 

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Who's the hussy in the foreground that crashed the wedding? 

I was just going to scream NIIIKE!!!!

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, lianau said:

She's Meeechelle's forever baby  and babies need no writing skills . 

I was just going to scream NIIIKE!!!!

my granddaughter is 6 and a half and writes somewhat similar. however, mine can read a book correctly that is at least middle school level and understand what she read.  the writing is hand-eye coordination and clearly josie dugger has an issue with that. 

• Love 1
On 1/14/2018 at 7:35 PM, CatS said:

Just on the topic of emergency medical care being done in a skirt, it's absolutely possible. I used to work with an icu charge nurse that was a member of some fundamentalist religion and she was fabulous. She wore scrub skirts (and had waist length hair she kept up in a bun). Her skirt didn't limit her at all; she ran codes, did cpr, and everything else any other icu nurse does. So it's possible...but for a Duggar? Probably not. 

Right. Because theirs would be floor length denim and paired with flip flops.  

Don’t you know that only females can give away pieces of the heart doesn’t apply to males

3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

otherwise likely to grab one's attention. 

Isn’t that what the Duggars  try to do every day

• Love 1
On 1/14/2018 at 11:13 PM, madpsych78 said:

I suspect the Duggars bought the license used and saved the difference!

Cross out Chelsey Sullenburger and write in John David Duggar... No one is going to know the difference!

JD likely would be still chasing around a license right now if Jim Bob went the cheap-o way. One of my good friends also dated a pilot for ages. Don't judge, we were chasing down the free flights. He didn't go the express route that costs a small fortune. It took him a decent chunk of time to get his license and flying hours.

JB likes to buy used and save the difference on certain things. Like properly fitting shoes for his daughters. He also likes to cheap out on certain things that kind of matter, such as his daughters' husbands.

As for SiRen, I predict a courtship announcement on Tuesday or Wednesday even though they are probably engaged. The wedding will be in early April to have yet another episode hastily put together for Counting On. The bride will wear a Miss Renee original that is actually 10 different dresses ripped apart and poorly tailored. Everyone will get a slide of cake that measures 1 inch by 1 inch. Lauren will be desperately trying to get pregnant the wedding night so she can get in the Kendra, Jinger, and (probably) Jessa bump picture before Kendra delivers.

Then Boob is going to have to hunt down a set of twins for Jed and Jer so there can be a double wedding spectacular!!!!111!!!!

• Love 10
On 1/13/2018 at 9:58 AM, DangerousMinds said:

Because lord knows we women surely can't take our own yards! Or mow the lawns. Or shovel snow.

Yeah, can't have me out in my driveway with the snowblower. I might defraud someone in my ankle-length coat and ski mask. 

• Love 11

I can't help but thinking that Josiah went to TFDW for advice on marriage.

I imagine TFDW saying, "just close your eyes it doesn't take long."

I'm going to hell and the prayer closet for thinking that.

• Love 14

I have so many questions. Wiki says Josiah's job is in real estate maintenance for JB. Does that mean Josiah has taken Bin's place as toilet bowl cleaner? Will he make enough to support a wife and a gazillion kids? Is there a house on the property for him? And, where are JoeKen living? Does anyone know?

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I haven't ever watched the show much, but I'm remembering that, back in the olden days, people seemed to feel that young Josiah was a kind of smart and ambitious one. (which I can believe, too, given that he was attracted to Marjorie Jackson). ... .And that he talked about accounting and did some graphic design with Marjorie's dad (who obviously trained his daughter very well in that field), and made his funny little Duggar Studio pics? 

And now, at age 21, he's an uneducated, untrained maintenance worker for his father, the suburban slumlord? And about to start pumping out a bunch of kids?

Yet another Duggar story that's just tragically depressing, seems to me. 

I don't know about smart or ambitious, particularly, but he was part of the Josh/Jill group that ALWAYS did solo talking heads, enthusiastically talking up the family and their way of life.

• Love 2

I remember Josiah speaking at his graduation party and I was impressed with how composed and eloquent he was. The poor guy could've made something of himself if Boob wasn't such an insecure twat. Now he's going to be stuck in the Duggar cycle of mediocrity and unfulfilled dreams. Hopefully he doesn't turn into Josh 2.0 five years down the road.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I don't know about smart or ambitious, particularly, but he was part of the Josh/Jill group that ALWAYS did solo talking heads, enthusiastically talking up the family and their way of life.

Did they seem to believe that their family's approach would get them somewhere in the world, get them respected by somebody, even if only in their circles?

I know that a lot of ex-Gothardites have said they were told that if they wore the navy and khaki and followed the plan, people would just come up and offer them good jobs and first-class seats on airplanes and such because their impressive characters would radiate. Was that feeling in what the Duggar kids said?

I've heard very little of this but I know I've heard Joy at some point talking about how their upbringing and parental teaching equipped them better for doing all sorts of important things, including in the larger society, than any other upbringings. And I'd expect that some tinge of that would have been in the Josh/Jill/Josiah talks -- Josh and Jill certainly did have ambitions of wider significance at one time. But did they?

Did they praise an upbringing that was going to just see them becoming adults whose horizon ended at sweeping up at Duggar properties or did they believe that the Duggar way would bring them something more significant than maintenance work for dad? I'm curious about how the kids had been taught to view their outcomes in the old days. I'ts hard for me to believe that the status quo is it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I remember Josiah speaking at his graduation party and I was impressed with how composed and eloquent he was. The poor guy could've made something of himself if Boob wasn't such an insecure twat. Now he's going to be stuck in the Duggar cycle of mediocrity and unfulfilled dreams. Hopefully he doesn't turn into Josh 2.0 five years down the road.

Or Derick 2.0 in a few years.

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I haven't ever watched the show much, but I'm remembering that, back in the olden days, people seemed to feel that young Josiah was a kind of smart and ambitious one. (which I can believe, too, given that he was attracted to Marjorie Jackson). ... .And that he talked about accounting and did some graphic design with Marjorie's dad (who obviously trained his daughter very well in that field), and made his funny little Duggar Studio pics? 

And now, at age 21, he's an uneducated, untrained maintenance worker for his father, the suburban slumlord? And about to start pumping out a bunch of kids?

Josiah was the ambitious one. But  all those trips to Alert helped to beat that ambition out of him. Now he is forced to live the life his father set up for him, a girl that he may or may not want to be married to and a deadend job that will never allow him to fully live his ambition.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Did they seem to believe that their family's approach would get them somewhere in the world, get them respected by somebody, even if only in their circles?

I know that a lot of ex-Gothardites have said they were told that if they wore the navy and khaki and followed the plan, people would just come up and offer them good jobs and first-class seats on airplanes and such because their impressive characters would radiate. Was that feeling in what the Duggar kids said?

I've heard very little of this but I know I've heard Joy at some point talking about how their upbringing and parental teaching equipped them better for doing all sorts of important things, including in the larger society, than any other upbringings. And I'd expect that some tinge of that would have been in the Josh/Jill/Josiah talks -- Josh and Jill certainly did have ambitions of wider significance at one time. But did they?

Did they praise an upbringing that was going to just see them becoming adults whose horizon ended at sweeping up at Duggar properties or did they believe that the Duggar way would bring them something more significant than maintenance work for dad? I'm curious about how the kids had been taught to view their outcomes in the old days. I'ts hard for me to believe that the status quo is it. 

I got the impression that those three had the combination of being the most enthusiastic cheerleaders for Duggardom and willing to speak in front of cameras at length. I imagine all the other kids spoke in monotone if talking for long stretches and made it too obvious that they were repeating lines they'd been taught. I want to say that Josiah was the one to most often talk about the differences between their family and others, but it's been a long time so that could have been more spread out among the three. 

I don't recall many specifics talks about their future in the larger world, and Josiah especially was so young then so he probably had the optimism of childhood without really thinking about the implications of his upbringing. Other than Josh's media room and political aspirations and Jill's talk of midwifery (along with Jana back then) and missionary life (LOL!), their plans for the future seems to consist of creating a Duggar empire and living within that. All the kids wanted to get married and have as many kids as god gave them, and living debt free and saving money and spreading Jesus. They had vague "what I want to be when I grow up" plans that the producers talked up, but other than Josh and Jill, no one really talked about those plans. But they all sounded supremely confident that their upbringing was setting them up for a bright future, the implication, to me at least, that they'd collectively build on JB's real estate and be heavily involved in politics. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Thanks ChurchHoney, I guess Wiki was right then. So, another Duggar who will be dependent on JB for his livelihood. Are they all so blind that they can't see what's happening? 19 kids with little education and little ambition, going nowhere. Not one with the nerve to pick up and break away from their screwed up parents.

And what really gets me is that the parents of these spouses and intended spouses,  4 of them preachers ( if you count Lawnmower Swanson) encouraged the courtships with the Sluggards. Unless something changes, the future looks pretty glum for all of them. And, that includes Jeremy, who has brought Jinger out of her shell, but hasn't shown much of a work ethic yet.

If they are holding out for the pot at the end of the rainbow (aka lawsuit), I think they will all be very disappointed. They'd better pray to their correct Jesus that the show goes on ad nauseum, 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I got the impression that those three had the combination of being the most enthusiastic cheerleaders for Duggardom and willing to speak in front of cameras at length. I imagine all the other kids spoke in monotone if talking for long stretches and made it too obvious that they were repeating lines they'd been taught. I want to say that Josiah was the one to most often talk about the differences between their family and others, but it's been a long time so that could have been more spread out among the three. 

I don't recall many specifics talks about their future in the larger world, and Josiah especially was so young then so he probably had the optimism of childhood without really thinking about the implications of his upbringing. Other than Josh's media room and political aspirations and Jill's talk of midwifery (along with Jana back then) and missionary life (LOL!), their plans for the future seems to consist of creating a Duggar empire and living within that. All the kids wanted to get married and have as many kids as god gave them, and living debt free and saving money and spreading Jesus. They had vague "what I want to be when I grow up" plans that the producers talked up, but other than Josh and Jill, no one really talked about those plans. But they all sounded supremely confident that their upbringing was setting them up for a bright future, the implication, to me at least, that they'd collectively build on JB's real estate and be heavily involved in politics. 

I guess the good news is we're not likely to see much of them in politics. lol

I think their confidence will turn out to have been very much misplaced, however. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, bythelake said:

And what really gets me is that the parents of these spouses and intended spouses,  4 of them preachers ( if you count Lawnmower Swanson) encouraged the courtships with the Sluggards. 

I know a lot about the Duggars, but who are the four preachers? Swanson, Vuolo, Caldwell, and ?

Not Dillard, but who else?

25 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I guess the good news is we're not likely to see much of them in politics. lol

I think their confidence will turn out to have been very much misplaced, however. 

There are people in office right now who were elected, and who defied any logic they would win.  I wouldn’t count the Duggar loin fruit out, as the bar is already rather low.  Just sayin’. The Duggars are too lazy to put out the effort required, and hopefully they will remember being forced  to live on love offerings in a cramped, dirty house when Boob spent all that money on a vanity campaign. 

That said, the Duggars already posses the most unpalatable traits that many politicians (regardless of affiliation) can be criticized for: duplicity, denial, whitewashing, obfuscation, hubris, hypocrisy, deflecting, trying and failing at being relatable, and toadying.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

I know a lot about the Duggars, but who are the four preachers? Swanson, Vuolo, Caldwell, and ?

Not Dillard, but who else?

I think it's just two actual preachers-of-churches. But then there's Lawnson Swanson. And, as Sew Sumi just mentioned, Pa Keller has a prison ministry -- so,he's a minister as well, though not a church pastor. And Mike Seewald is definitely preachy! And sort of has pretensions to the role, I've always thought. Certainly if you read his blog he does. And of course Austin's dad has his super-Christian camp where a lot of preaching goes on.

So I think it's two official church preachers, two ministries, and a couple of preacher-sector-adjacents (including one whose married-in son has minister career ambitions).    ;  ) That's a total of four -- plus two near-misses  and increasingly fundie-pushy Cathy. 

Families that marry into the TTH tend to be way over on the correct-Jesus spectrum. And with leadership ambitions in it, looks like. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

There are people in office right now who were elected, and who defied any logic they would win.  I wouldn’t count the Duggar loin fruit out, as the bar is already rather low.  Just sayin’. The Duggars are too lazy to put out the effort required, and hopefully they will remember being forced  to live on love offerings in a cramped, dirty house when Boob spent all that money on a vanity campaign. 

That said, the Duggars already posses the most unpalatable traits that many politicians (regardless of affiliation) can be criticized for: duplicity, denial, whitewashing, obfuscation, hubris, hypocrisy, deflecting, trying and failing at being relatable, and toadying.

You had to burst my bubble. ;  ) 

I'm counting on the laziness and the apparent fact that JB and clan seem to have grated on the Arkansas populace for quite some time. .... And maybe it's even JB and his ilk that grates. Pastor Caldwell ran for the Arkansas legislature a few years ago and couldn't even win the kind of local seat that JB used to have. .... I hold out the hope that JB's shenanigans kind of soured Arkansas Republicans on the whole kit and caboodle of these cultists. (perhaps unwarranted optimism, I know). 

• Love 4